Childrens Japanese TV Shows - Where can I find them

Discuss about Japanese TV Variety, Music, Game and any other TV shows that is not drama.
zyjk

Childrens Japanese TV Shows - Where can I find them

Post by zyjk » Jul 8th, '11, 09:07

Hi,

Thanks for this great site, the JTV torrents keep the wife happy, but I am searching for childrens tv shows, can anyone recommend where I can source these.

The wife says they don't have many programs like Blue Peter (UK) but they must do surely!

Daughter (6yo) has plenty of manga, but needs to see humans too

Thanks

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jul 9th, '11, 13:18

The only children's shows I know of that are readily available and feature real, live humans is stuff like Kamen Rider. I loved those kinds of shows when I was little so maybe your daughter will too? You can find them at Tokyo Toshokan. I hope that helps!

zyjk

Post by zyjk » Jul 9th, '11, 16:05

thanks Emma-ba I'll give that a try.

ps790

Post by ps790 » Feb 4th, '12, 04:43

The children's shows on NHK are available throughout the world, including the arctic, antarctic, middle of the Gobi desert, etc. on International NHK. All you need is to get a suitable receiver and point a large enough antenna at the appropriate satellite.

Alternatively, it is available on NHK premieum in N. America, Europe, etc., but you pay a subsctiption fee.

Alternatively, it is available on NHK On-demand as streaming video, but you've got to pay a monthly fee (about $13 US per mo. at present exchange rate) and probably need to use (rent) a proxy server to make it look like you are located in Japan.

Finally, an ultra low quality video feed is available via Keyhole TV, but only when the program is broadcast live in Japan.

Thjalfi

Post by Thjalfi » Oct 1st, '12, 04:24

Hi, i found this on youko: Okaasan to Issho - おかあさんといっしょ(木)-20120927, they got there quite a few programms for young kids.