INDEX OF ALL SEED REQUEST TOPICS (Search In Here)

Be nice and polite and maybe you'll get what you want.
MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

INDEX OF ALL SEED REQUEST TOPICS (Search In Here)

Postby MoerkJ » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:18 am

Hi,
I generated some lists of all the request threads of this forum. This way you can find easier the topic of the series you want to issue a request for (press CTRL+F in your webbrowser to search the list quickly). I'll try to update the lists every few days. The lists will be automagically updated every few hours. Good luck with your torrents and please try to help eachother with seeds.

Please, create only a new request thread if there doesn't already exist an appropriate thread. Moderators will merge duplicate threads to existing ones and lock (and later remove) all threads that don't follow the request forum guidelines. Please tag your threads properly with either [Seed Req] or [Upload Req] or they won't show up in the lists below. Thanks for your cooperation.

Q: Why posting requests in old existing threads instead of creating new ones?
A: Because if you post your request in an exsisting thread then all previous posters in that thread (who may have successfully downloaded the drama) will notice your post much faster (through the egosearch a.k.a. "Your posts") and may help seeding.

>> direct link <<

<iframe src="http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/threadindex/daddicts_requests.html" name="requestlist" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0">
your browser doesn't support frames.
--> click here <-- for a regularly updated list of request threads

</iframe>
Last edited by MoerkJ on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 299 times in total.

babyguh

Postby babyguh » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:31 am

ooo wow this is very useful Moerkj! Thanks alot..did it take a while to do? must hav hehe and i think its useful! Thanx

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:42 am

don't worry i generate these lists with a script within a second. But writing the script took me about an hour XD.

You see I'm never bored, or am I? :lol
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | IRC ) ::..

osora

Postby osora » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:45 am

yeah i think it's super useful!!! thanks for setting it up for us!

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby iceberri » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:48 am

.... Wow. :O

It would definitely definitely be an awesome tool, and organize things much more efficiently too. People wouldn't have to go to the search function every single time to find something, and I know some series like All In are difficult to find (if you don't know what to search for) Hopefully this'll reduce the number of new seed request threads that need to be merged too! :lol

I'm all for it. 8)

kboy107

Postby kboy107 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:50 am

I think this is definitely useful....not just for me...who gets lost easily...but for newbs(no offense to you all out there)...who constantly create unnecessary threads because they can't find it or don't care to do searches...thanks for your efforts again.. :D
People are like stained glass windows, they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, true beauty is revealed only if there is light within. - Elizabeth Kubler Rose

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:10 am

MoerkJ wrote:don't worry i generate these lists with a script within a second. But writing the script took me about an hour XD.

you could of used the search function to sort them in alphabetical order :P

put in 'seed AND req' in the search box, change the forum to the seed and request forum., sort by topic title and select ascending order 8)

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:25 am

yup, you're ofcourse right. But the alphabetical list was just a side-product from the script. I can sort and filter the harvested data in different ways. And stop demotivating me already. :cry: :lol

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:32 am

MoerkJ wrote:yup, you're ofcourse right. But the alphabetical list was just a side-product from the script. I can sort and filter the harvested data in different ways. And stop demotivating me already. :cry: :lol

well the good thing is if you have an index like this you'll save the server from having to run all those sqls if ppl wanted to look for a seed request topic :)

Btw let me know if you ever need direct access to the database.

kai0227

Postby kai0227 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:27 pm

This is a great idea. Thanks for all your work!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:57 pm

MoerkJ: i don't know how i missed this thread, but this is awesome work! great job!

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby techie » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:09 am

MoerkJ wrote:don't worry i generate these lists with a script within a second. But writing the script took me about an hour XD.

Have Ruroshin Cron it for you then you wont even spend that one second :)
Thanks for the list though. It's a great link too find out so you dont duplicate the requests as well.
:blink To many bad english dubbed JP Movies gets noted in my work...
$zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:24 am

great idea, MoerkJ~!!! now i just have to bookmark this page instead of searching throughout the forum~ :lol

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Postby LittleGreenGrasshopper » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:35 am

:O ... someone's got way too much spare time on his hands, go make more sushi... :whistling: ... lol... but seriously, this will most definitely be a great help in organizing what has started to become a pretty messy request fest... I know I'll use it :D ... and hopefully *cough*the*newbies*cough* will use it too...

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby techie » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:49 am

LittleGreenGrasshopper wrote::O ... someone's got way too much spare time on his hands, go make more sushi... :whistling: ... lol...

I agree its very useful

Could I ask for one addition perhaps being a littl ebit picky here...

When you sub divide the categories, into J K and C dorama and Other so we can keep tabs on them that way too. Just in case there are for instance 101st Marriage prop En version or Ch subbed version... ya know what I'm getting at.

/* btw... sushi.. saw a funny page someone was tryin gto make spam sushi and couldn't get their buddies in on it. hmmmm what you dont do when you run out of shrimp huh. Think I'll pm LGG the recipy :D
:blink To many bad english dubbed JP Movies gets noted in my work...

$zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby DarReNz » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:18 am

what does the numbers represent in the brackets ?? seeder/leecher ??

koolaid

Postby koolaid » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:44 pm

Good work. I always like looking at stats. It will take place of my hockey stats void :P

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:23 am

DarReNz wrote:what does the numbers represent in the brackets ?? seeder/leecher ??

:wink:
MoerkJ wrote:alphabetical list of seed request topics: (figures in brackets indicate the number of replies and views)

This index only contains info that is visible in the Seeding and Upload Requests forum index pages (e.g. topic name, numbers of views and replies). That's also the reason why there probably won't be any more sophistcated presentation, for example sorting by genre as techie suggested. :unsure:
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | IRC ) ::..

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby techie » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:19 am

MoerkJ wrote:This index only contains info that is visible in the Seeding and Upload Requests forum index pages (e.g. topic name, numbers of views and replies). That's also the reason why there probably won't be any more sophistcated presentation, for example sorting by genre as techie suggested. :unsure:

I would suggest to be able to do this, and to simplify for users to request seeds, add a simple button to the torrent listing named "Request Seeding"

Then the forum would be auto populated with user who requested it, and a pointer to the seed original torrent. Thus specifying which torrent it is requested for so you avoid things like...

Please seed Name name
message two... "Which 350 or 700 mb version"
Which we see for some shows.

It will also direct visitors to request the seed in the proper area and all seed requests would require less maintenance by the moderators :D

Just an idea... you can always have a note field for it too.

azn_wrx

Postby azn_wrx » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:53 pm

thank you its extremly usefull!

mizuki

Postby mizuki » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:57 am

:D that's good. but i don't see outsiders any where D: there's no seed for that ^__^ i think people would appreciate it if there's seeders, because there's downloaders right n ow. ^_^

EDIT

-___- nevermind.. i just saw outsiders xP i'm sorrye verybody!

/EDIT

jkbuddies

Postby jkbuddies » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:27 am

thank you for all your hard work. A suggestion tho. Can something like this be put in a more obvious place? one of the problems I have as a nb is that its hard to find things on this site. Sometimes I find a thread, other times I don't. Just stumbled on this, and only because someone wrote recently.

the search screen only helps if you know exactly what term was used to start a thread. Putting this list right off of the SEARCH tab might be very useful to the computer usage, and in keeping the frustration level down for nb.

yaiyai

Postby yaiyai » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:02 pm

i agree very much
love takizawa

roul

Postby roul » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:30 am

very useful, saves the hassle of searching for the topic, thank you

ng_ht

Postby ng_ht » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:45 pm

Since aznv has officially announced that they won't release the DVDRip of Dae Jang Geum volumes 2 & 3, should this upload request thread be unlocked? :-) :P

kalau

Postby kalau » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:57 pm

Wowow...that's a great idea! It sure does help to be computer savvy eh? I'm forever thankful that there are some people out there who compensate for my computer illiteracy syndrome! :roll

coffeechick

it's awesome!

Postby coffeechick » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:46 am

thanks, MoerkJ!!! i think this is an awesome idea! very useful when we are seeking reeseeding/uploading requests. and it's very easy to use too!

**thumbs up!**

~cc :D

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby DarReNz » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:05 am

hmm it seems like a lot of ppl can't find this thread .... i wonder if you can put this outside of the forum ..... maybe in torrent section ?
Watching :- All In [5/24], 1% of Anything [18/26]
Working On :- Summer I Love You | Clubbox

jenkate

Postby jenkate » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:01 am

Yeah it's very useful.. Good Job :) Keep up the good work guys.. Thank you so much :)

ErickDM

Postby ErickDM » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:12 am

OMG!!! This thread sure helps!!! It helped me!!! :D

Pity I wasn´t able to reoky on the thread I was searching, but luckly I found another brand new thread for the req!!! ^^

Thank yoy very much!!! :notworthy:

hotaru

Postby hotaru » Sat May 07, 2005 6:47 pm

you dont have Summer Scent..? =/

komomai

Thanks for providing a great service

Postby komomai » Mon May 09, 2005 9:32 am

:D I am glad I found your list, it helps a lot. Thank you

Aloha,
Komomai :D

semkei

Postby semkei » Mon May 09, 2005 11:19 pm