kdrama/jdrama dubbed in cantonese?

Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Mainland China entertainments goes here.
Daijoubuu

kdrama/jdrama dubbed in cantonese?

Postby Daijoubuu » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:28 pm

Let's start a list of known kdramas/jdramas that have been dubbed for the HK market (either by TVB or DVD publishing companies)
I prefer subtitles over dubbing but my aging mom can't read english

Here's a few to start off:

Full House
Dae Jang Geum
Staiway to Heaven
My Girl

keaix3

Postby keaix3 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:46 pm

The only two dramas that I have watched that have been dubbed in Cantonese are:

-Winter Sonata (actually, the dubbing was alright - I preferred the dubbed voice of the main character's voice [played by Bae Yong Jun] rather than the original, but the main girl's dubbed voice was not that good.)
-Stained Glass (which I never got the chance to finish, so I wouldn't be able to comment)

Obviously, dubbing is just for the language barrier (if no subs are available) but I can usually say that anything that is dubbed in another language is obviously not as good.

choco-late

Postby choco-late » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:40 am

I've come across so many dramas that were dubbed in Cantonese but I haven't seen any of them yet since I've already watched them in Japanese.

Jdramas
Kareinaru Ichizoku
Yama Onna Kabe Onna
Gokusen 3
Galileo
Long Vacation
Teppan Girl
Shikaoto Awoniyoshi
One Litre of Tears
Tantei Gakuen Q
Koshonin
Himitsu no Hanazono
Attack No.1
Hotaru no Hikari
Prince Sushi
Haken no Hinkaku
Feel the w-inds.

xploring

Postby xploring » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:25 am

There are tons of dramas with chinese subtitles. It would be a lot easier to find them at chinese forums.

You can try www.eyny.com
or searching in ClubBox http://boxfile.co.kr/

dabogy

Postby dabogy » Tue May 05, 2009 9:06 pm

dubs almost never work out, especially if you know what the original voices sound like. The dubbed versions always sound so cheesy to me :crazy:

Pokioki

Postby Pokioki » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:09 am

hm, i don't mind dubbed cantonese. Of course it's not as good as subbing, but I feel that some meanings get lost in translation to English. However, dubbed in English freaks me out. I can't stand it. Thats why I don't watch any anime that has been dubbed in English. Only a few I can stand. Full Metal Alchemist was a very good dub.

I've only seen My Girl in Canto though. And it wasn't bad at all.

ouijaouija

Postby ouijaouija » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:13 am

Hi

Where are cantonese dubbed stuff found? I've ben looking for stairway to heaven cantonese are agges, yesasia doens' thave it either, is it available online?

I notice they have coffee prince in cantonese on youtube, i am just wondering where people find this stuff as most stuff I have found is only subtitled.

Thanks again...

kimcl

Postby kimcl » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:11 pm

ouijaouija wrote:Hi

Where are cantonese dubbed stuff found? I've ben looking for stairway to heaven cantonese are agges, yesasia doens' thave it either, is it available online?

I notice they have coffee prince in cantonese on youtube, i am just wondering where people find this stuff as most stuff I have found is only subtitled.

Thanks again...

You can find cantonese dubbed k/jdrama here http://www.tvboxnow.com/forumdisplay.ph ... sid=c7xyTT

Return to “Chinese Culture & Entertainment”