My name is kim sam soon

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
janet

My name is kim sam soon

Post by janet » Sep 11th, '06, 02:48

Hi

I love this drama so much that I watch 3 times and every I will cry.

I love the soundtrack, the romance, the comedy, the story and the actor so cool.

Can anyone recommend me any drama similar but of course different story line to help me get of this drama in mind and proceed the next one?

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Sep 11th, '06, 03:15

You should visit the RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS thread.

janet

Post by janet » Sep 11th, '06, 03:27

Thanks bugsie

Do you know which website I can download the drama to view? or maybe a preview?

Sorry, seem like green in this web cos this is the first time I watch such a torching drama[/list]

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Sep 11th, '06, 03:32

^You can download dramas here in d-addicts, this is a torrent site after all. Actually, we have a HUGE collection here. If you're confused with something, visit the FAQs, all you need to know to watch dramas are in there.

janet

Post by janet » Sep 11th, '06, 03:39

Thanks very much

How about you which drama you like the best? So this is the only drama I watch.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Sep 11th, '06, 03:49

^I have a weird taste for dramas so I'm not sure if you'll like my recommendations, but I can at least tell you a few famous dramas here. Maybe you can try watching "My Girl" or "Goong", those are favorites among drama fans here.

Vivagirl

Post by Vivagirl » Sep 11th, '06, 05:29

you can try full house... similiar drama story to mnikss... rain and song hae gyo acting... i also watched this movie called 100 days with mr arrogant... all have a base story which is the contract... :lol

full house - drama
100 days with mr arrogant - movie

janet

Post by janet » Sep 11th, '06, 08:09

Hi vivagirl
Thanks for the recomendation. I seem to addicted to the my lovely kim sam soon just could not find where to download the MP3 to the phone.

best regares

_monique_

^^

Post by _monique_ » Sep 11th, '06, 08:41

this is one of my favorite korean dramas. it's aired here in the philippines 2 times. i love it! :-)

piggyLove

Post by piggyLove » Sep 11th, '06, 08:43

HAHA! I love MNIKSS too xD! Glad i'm not the only one that's so addicted to it! xD How about goong? xD Lol. <333

janet

Post by janet » Sep 11th, '06, 08:49

Hi pigglove

Currently this is my first show. so you got any recommendation?

janet

Post by janet » Sep 11th, '06, 08:49

Hi pigglove

Currently this is my first show. so you got any recommendation?

piggyLove

Post by piggyLove » Sep 11th, '06, 08:50

Erm. I recommend "goong" too xD! Haha, i just started watching it, but so far so good! ^^

janet

Post by janet » Sep 11th, '06, 08:53

Hi
You know where to download the mp3 soundtrack for kim sam soon?

janet

Post by janet » Sep 12th, '06, 05:05

Just to let everybody know I watched 4 times simply love the show

piggyLove

Post by piggyLove » Sep 12th, '06, 08:05

Oh look! Here it is xD! The OST here ^^
http://asianosts.cjb.net/index.php?showtopic=61&st=0

Haha. Wow? 4 times? XD I'm just watching the 2nd time. Lol XP

janet

Post by janet » Sep 14th, '06, 00:19

So do you happen to know any drama funny, romantic and not boring?

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Sep 14th, '06, 00:49

janet wrote:So do you happen to know any drama funny, romantic and not boring?
I also loved Kim Sam Soon and since we seem to have similar tastes, you would love My Girl and Prince Turned to Frog. You can download them here:

My Girl: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=
the bigger batched file has better quality

Frog Prince::
http://jem.d-addicts.com:6969/index.html?page=3&sort=1

I enjoyed Goong too but it is much more draggy than My Girl and PTTF. Enjoy!

janet

Post by janet » Sep 14th, '06, 02:57

Prince turn to a frog-what is the story about?

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Sep 16th, '06, 09:07

janet wrote:Prince turn to a frog-what is the story about?
About a rich guy who had amnesia, fell in love with village girl, regained memory and went back to his previous life and fiancee, without the memory of the village girl! Very funny romantic and sad. So you get to laugh and cry. Great acting from both leads and supporting cast. It was Taiwan's highest rated series last year (like Kim Sam Soon in Korea).

wail

Post by wail » Sep 23rd, '06, 22:06

I tried Frog Prince...not my cup of tea and I think the lines and plot ar not in the same league as MNIKSS. :crazy:

My girl is funny at times but it's more a good comedy but I still havent got the urge to rewatch it, MNIKSS's storyline is much deeper. :lol

I think I've watched MNIKSS over 10 times though, so maybe I'm a bit biased but I rarely have the patience to finish a drama let alone rewatching...haha :wub:

sorry Full House fans...dont compare it to MNIKSS...FH has a thin plot (2 ppl bicking then making up repetively is not PLOT), very tediously annoying supporting characters (SHK so called 'best friends' and the second female lead) , bad actin and lousy kiss...sorry nobody kiss when u're supposingly madly in love by just lip touching for 5 minutes!! t hough I enjoy it muted....haha SHK is the prettiest Korean actress I've seen and Bi is definitely cute..but the PD and the script writer should not attempt another drama :glare:

Goong is good for the first couple epis then it gets way too draggy for me and for some reason I dont find their acting good. the set and the costumes ar amazing though.

I must say I gave up lookin for another kdrama that can replace MNIKSS for me...the plot, acting, witty lines, superb directing and whole mix of comical and dramatic elements... and eye candies!! the best of the best!! not just kdrama

I've watched the first epi of a new kdrama called 'what's up Fox' by the writer of MNIKSS, it's funny but it talks more about sex than relationships when compared to MNIKSS...but it's just the first epi...we should give it a go!!

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Sep 24th, '06, 01:13

PTTF - I started enjoying the series only after the guy lost his memory (ep 4 of Jem's(?)). Before that, I nearly gave up and boy! am I glad I stuck on. In terms of overall entertainment, PTTF is the same as MNIKSS. Of course, MNIKSS is hard to beat in the dialogue/self searching/philosophy (deep) category. Like you, I despaired of ever finding another series with dialogue as deep, sharp, witty or enjoyable as MNIKSS... until Lovers in Prague. Somewhere in ep 4, I suddenly thought: "My, I'm enjoying the dialogue like in MNIKSS!". It's not as philosophical a series, though, but the dialogue is just as sharp and witty. Happy viewing.

ChuChuIce

Post by ChuChuIce » Sep 24th, '06, 17:21

Hmmm ... U rly love MNIKSS... i do liek that drama but u dont liek FH and i love FH!! and hmmm... u dont liek Prince frog and i got hooked by Frog Prince =o My girl is funny 2 but u dont liek it either ... u got weird taste =P...Goong completed the drama but not rly my thingie either ... Mayb try ''attic cat'' its fun 2 ... and ''over the rainbow'' if u liek dancing and such but its more a drama/romance then a comedy so if ur looking for comedys dun watch it =o try devil beside you?? arggg i dunno =P ur 2 picky hehe GL thought! :whistling:

sophia_truong

Post by sophia_truong » Sep 26th, '06, 05:01

does anyone have any information about the Korean-Amerian guy in this drama? he's gorgeous kkk...

Icalcan

Post by Icalcan » Sep 26th, '06, 05:44

sophia_truong wrote:does anyone have any information about the Korean-Amerian guy in this drama? he's gorgeous kkk...
Just search the net and you get quite a few hits. He is an American model, as far as I've read in English, and now resides in Korea for more productions. At aznv.tv his latest/recent drama [sorry can't remember its title) (after MLKSS) was the recommended drama on their main/home page last week. I think, in that series, he is the lead male actor.

Icalcan

Post by Icalcan » Sep 26th, '06, 05:49

I have this series in .nsv format. I downloaded/ripped it from aznv.tv through winamp back in the spring of 2006. The files are Eng-subbed and very small but thay only play in winamp. if anyone would like, I can post them in emule, or I can create torrents. Please reply and I'll act accordingly.

Kim Sun-Ah (Kim Sam-soon) is simply talented and awesome.

joyce20176

Post by joyce20176 » Oct 21st, '06, 18:07

I love this drama too, I got addicted to it lol, I watched it like 5th time ;). I love the story, actors and actresses, and the OST, love everything about this drama.
I love KSA and HB together, they are so cute together even their age is different ;), wish they are real couple ;).

balabala

Post by balabala » Oct 22nd, '06, 03:46

ya, me too, i love it so much, i watched 6 times and i still like it.

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Oct 22nd, '06, 04:50

Wow it's good to know I'm not the only one that is crazy addicted to MNIKSS....i've rewatched it like 6 times already and I still am not bored b/c the plotline just flows so well, the dialogue is witty enough to keep u interested, no parts drag, ppl & situations dont get annoying b/c it gets to the point. and you gotta love Kim Sun Ah's role, FINALLY a girl main character that I can relate to, she says what she thinks, does not put up w/ crap, eat when she wants, is loving yet strong at the same time. I hate those girls who are just so weak or so nice..it's friggin' fake. no one in real life is THAT nice. Sam Soon's role was just so realistic and relatable..her life was not perfect but she loved and lived, and moved on. And who could get sick of seeing Hyun Bin and Daniel Henney...come on now..that was an overflow of hotness. Hyun Bin was just so0 adorable/hot! His chemistry w/ Kim Sun Ah was amazing, makes u completely forget about their age difference. and unlike lots of dramas, i did not want to stab the 2nd lead girl in the eye..I actually felt sorry for the other girl and i loved how she didnt cling onto Hyun Bin. And who0, those kissing scenes were the best i've seen in a kdrama, so natural. hot stuff.

ok...lemme stop myself before I get you even more addicted to MNIKSS, i would suggest Full House and My Girl for good romantic comedies..MNIKSS, Full House, and My Girl all have the similarity of involving a contract of some kind and then the story goes off from there in diff ways. I think u'll enjoy the other two, they were cute and funny tho MNIKSS will always be #1 in my heart.

joyce20176

Post by joyce20176 » Oct 22nd, '06, 21:39

anhnie wrote:Wow it's good to know I'm not the only one that is crazy addicted to MNIKSS....i've rewatched it like 6 times already and I still am not bored b/c the plotline just flows so well, the dialogue is witty enough to keep u interested, no parts drag, ppl & situations dont get annoying b/c it gets to the point. and you gotta love Kim Sun Ah's role, FINALLY a girl main character that I can relate to, she says what she thinks, does not put up w/ crap, eat when she wants, is loving yet strong at the same time. I hate those girls who are just so weak or so nice..it's friggin' fake. no one in real life is THAT nice. Sam Soon's role was just so realistic and relatable..her life was not perfect but she loved and lived, and moved on. And who could get sick of seeing Hyun Bin and Daniel Henney...come on now..that was an overflow of hotness. Hyun Bin was just so0 adorable/hot! His chemistry w/ Kim Sun Ah was amazing, makes u completely forget about their age difference. and unlike lots of dramas, i did not want to stab the 2nd lead girl in the eye..I actually felt sorry for the other girl and i loved how she didnt cling onto Hyun Bin. And who0, those kissing scenes were the best i've seen in a kdrama, so natural. hot stuff.

ok...lemme stop myself before I get you even more addicted to MNIKSS, i would suggest Full House and My Girl for good romantic comedies..MNIKSS, Full House, and My Girl all have the similarity of involving a contract of some kind and then the story goes off from there in diff ways. I think u'll enjoy the other two, they were cute and funny tho MNIKSS will always be #1 in my heart.
Wow well written about KSS, I am totally agree with what you said about this drama and actors in here. I love KSA too, she did great as KSS and her role is really cute, funny, straightforward, and realistic. No one can replace KSA for this role ;), and yeah Hyun Bin is so cute and hot ;) with his dimples. He made super cute chemistry with KSA, I love all the scenes of them together, its funny and cute how he made childish face with KSS lol. Daniel is hot too, Iove the scene between him and KSS, he didnt understand what KSS said, so funny lol...Dont forget to mention about he kiss scenes, its so hot and real like you said ;), the best kisses ever in Korean drama ;).
Ok I need to stop here too ;), good to see you addicted to this drama like me ;). The more I talk about this drama, and rewatch it, it stil make me love it and addicted more lol.

daisylya

Post by daisylya » Nov 28th, '06, 00:53

i love da ost <she>

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Nov 28th, '06, 17:21

loved it but didnt cry :-)

NariSon

Post by NariSon » Jul 8th, '07, 01:07

o_o I'm confused! D: Where do I go to download torrents of this kdrama?

groink

Post by groink » Jul 8th, '07, 01:42

NariSon wrote:o_o I'm confused! D: Where do I go to download torrents of this kdrama?
Nowhere. It is a licensed drama. Buy the DVD and support Korean dramas.

--- groink