Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ap1754
Posts: 2
Joined: May 10th, '17, 21:24

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by ap1754 » Jun 27th, '17, 03:34

Thanks for the clues! And the links. It's been so long I don't really trust my memory, and it's difficult since I missed at least the first 3/4 of the series.

Didn't realize so many dramas used music as an important plot element. I don't recall the girl being a musician herself, like Nodame (rather more like a lower-level TV or concert producer assigned to babysit a troublesome artist), or a no-money/recession aspect like Long Vacation, either. But I'll check out some video clips of those two dramas to see if something triggers a memory.

yujirorasy
Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 1st, '17, 08:22

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by yujirorasy » Jul 1st, '17, 08:43

new guy here. i want to ask about drama aabout protagonist and his team with a truck. they help victims from debts etc move out/run away at night. i watched it between 2001-2005 on tv. its a comedy genre. really cant remember much. thanks in advance.

grahfcard
Posts: 52
Joined: Jul 13th, '07, 20:13
Location: En un lugar de la Mancha // LOVELAND

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by grahfcard » Aug 21st, '17, 16:32

I'm trying to identify a J-drama. I remember it's about a journalist who gets involved in a political scandal of some sort. He gets some information from a female secretary he gets romantically involved with, a leak about some sensitive issue, and she gets fired. His actions call his journalistic integrity into question I remember, since I think he loses his job too? In any case, the secretary turns against him and testifies in court, so he is arrested and imprisoned while on trial. I remember he also has a wife (who finds out about the affair I think). I don't know how it ends, as I didn't see it all. It struck me at the time as a bit different than other shows, with a more "mature" story and execution (non of the usual shenanigans of J-dramas).

Thanks in advance!

wampa
Posts: 5
Joined: Dec 16th, '14, 14:26

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by wampa » Sep 12th, '17, 04:44

What drama is the following scenes from? Or what actress? Logo says TBS

http://theqoo.net/index.php?mid=japan&f ... =487798809

Image

User avatar
kitty10
Posts: 572
Joined: Apr 22nd, '09, 20:33
Has thanked: 1 time
Contact:
Japan

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by kitty10 » Sep 12th, '17, 09:50

wampa wrote:What drama is the following scenes from? Or what actress? Logo says TBS

http://theqoo.net/index.php?mid=japan&f ... =487798809
That's Toda Erika. I think it's Reverse, which is a TBS drama.

wampa
Posts: 5
Joined: Dec 16th, '14, 14:26

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by wampa » Sep 12th, '17, 13:01

kitty10 wrote:
wampa wrote:What drama is the following scenes from? Or what actress? Logo says TBS

http://theqoo.net/index.php?mid=japan&f ... =487798809
That's Toda Erika. I think it's Reverse, which is a TBS drama.
Thanks man you're right!

Himawari_
Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 21st, '17, 14:23

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Himawari_ » Sep 21st, '17, 14:38

Hello, pretty desperate to know what this drama from my memory is. Maybe a mystery crime keiji dorama, movie, manga or book even.

What I can recall is there's a high school/college guy who is always getting bullied by a group of male peers (one of them is their parents' boss's son). He always studies at a family restaurant where he got to know a waitress girl. He gifted her a keychain that can record sound. One day, the girl was kidnapped by the group of bullies. The boy (or his mother) has rented an apartment for studying but unknown to him, the group of bullies used the apartment to confine the girl and torture her. The girl jumped out of the window to escape after a few weeks.

These are the part that im not sure of: The boy went to check the apartment and as he was leaving, he witnessed the girl jumping out and died. The bullies pushed the blame to him and escaped scotfree while he was jailed (?). In the end, the detective (or someone) gave him the same keychain the girl had that proved his innocence (she recorded her words: although this is his apartment, he was never here at all.)

Any ideas? ><

User avatar
kittylover14
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 9th, '08, 17:36

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by kittylover14 » Oct 8th, '17, 02:22

Hi guys,

I need help finding this Japanese drama. I only have a vague recollection of it since it's been a few years since I first watched it. It was about these people who would go into this room (I think it was a karaoke room) and watch videos of their lives. I can't remember if the people going into the room were dead or not and were watching videos of their lives leading up to their deaths.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone is able to figure out what drama I'm referring to with the little information I am able to give.


Thanks!


User avatar
kittylover14
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 9th, '08, 17:36

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by kittylover14 » Oct 8th, '17, 17:37

Omg! You're the best!! That was exactly the drama I was thinking of :D

apeach_m
Posts: 1
Joined: Dec 19th, '17, 02:16

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by apeach_m » Dec 19th, '17, 02:23

So I was in Japan in April this year and I turned on the tv one night and there was this drama on. I tuned into only the last 5 or 10 minutes but basically this young man and woman were in an inn/hotel place wearing yukata and they were starting to get sort of intimate. But then the man got a phone call or either he changed his mind or something and got up suddenly to change into his business clothes and quickly left her there. I know this is really vague but the male actor WAS SO BEAUTIFUL I need to know who he was. Thank you!! :salut:

User avatar
Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 7587
Joined: Apr 9th, '06, 11:27
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times
Contact:
Sweden

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Keiko1981 » Dec 19th, '17, 04:31

apeach_m wrote:So I was in Japan in April this year and I turned on the tv one night and there was this drama on. I tuned into only the last 5 or 10 minutes but basically this young man and woman were in an inn/hotel place wearing yukata and they were starting to get sort of intimate. But then the man got a phone call or either he changed his mind or something and got up suddenly to change into his business clothes and quickly left her there. I know this is really vague but the male actor WAS SO BEAUTIFUL I need to know who he was. Thank you!! :salut:
It would be good if you could remember more specifically what time it aired, or the day. It would be easier to exclude other dramas then.
Here you can see a list of some of the dramas that aired in April. All times are Japanese, i.e 22:00 (10pm).

XyJu09Xr0z
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 3rd, '18, 13:28

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by XyJu09Xr0z » Jan 3rd, '18, 13:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDEnnyiBlOM

So a man in suit knocked out a gorgeous hotel lady and then wrapped her? Then suddenly some men wearing like Sith lords from Star Wars coming close and pulled out a pen sized lightsaber... Just to stab that poor lady to her chest and dies. Now I'm really curious what show is this?

takeda_shingen
Posts: 170
Joined: Sep 7th, '09, 00:05

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by takeda_shingen » Jan 3rd, '18, 21:34

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/O-PARTS from the logo it shows.

XyJu09Xr0z
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 3rd, '18, 13:28

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by XyJu09Xr0z » Jan 4th, '18, 15:00

Thanks for that. :mrgreen: I didn't know the title just showed there. On the next ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdBID3qJyhQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg-cuBi-ggM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSYsE_TLJz4

These 3 videos had a thing in common. All women gotten stabbed by a knife.

So I'm not sure if these 3 are in a same show?

And at the 3rd video. Was the woman who got stabbed is Junko from Kagi No Kakatta?

Image

XyJu09Xr0z
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 3rd, '18, 13:28

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by XyJu09Xr0z » Apr 16th, '18, 22:02

Based on my long time searching.

1st was "ON 異常犯罪捜査官 藤堂比奈子"

2nd was "水城さや2"

Still can't find the title of the 3rd video.

tully
Posts: 7
Joined: Aug 16th, '17, 19:19

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by tully » Sep 3rd, '18, 16:05

It is a Japanese story about a young woman who has a problem with getting a job because her mother didn't register her birth, from what I remember, because of domestic violence. It is a story about how she get shelp to sort out this problem.

MamadaHari
Posts: 3
Joined: Sep 9th, '18, 15:27

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by MamadaHari » Sep 9th, '18, 16:04

Hello all, I am new here. Please help me find this dorama;

Here the uploader wrote; 火曜サスペンス劇場「白昼の囚人」(1985.7.23放送。主演:田中美佐子、原作:笹沢左保、主題歌:岩崎宏美「25時の愛の歌」)のEDです。

Name is this ; 白昼の囚人
But it could be only a TV movie. There is no info on amazon jp, any other Japanese site or on JFDB. Any help welcome.

User avatar
Jintetsu
Posts: 137
Joined: Nov 19th, '16, 11:40

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Jintetsu » Sep 9th, '18, 19:38

MamadaHari wrote:Hello all, I am new here. Please help me find this dorama;

Here the uploader wrote; 火曜サスペンス劇場「白昼の囚人」(1985.7.23放送。主演:田中美佐子、原作:笹沢左保、主題歌:岩崎宏美「25時の愛の歌」)のEDです。

Name is this ; 白昼の囚人
But it could be only a TV movie. There is no info on amazon jp, any other Japanese site or on JFDB. Any help welcome.
If you want to know the title, I think is "Kayo Suspense Gekijyo"
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kayo_Suspense_Gekijyo

MamadaHari
Posts: 3
Joined: Sep 9th, '18, 15:27

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by MamadaHari » Sep 10th, '18, 12:38

Thank you. I hope I can find it on the net. It is possible not released on physical media.

zenith777
Posts: 771
Joined: Oct 29th, '09, 06:51
Location: Shitsuren no Sekai~

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by zenith777 » Sep 16th, '18, 07:55

tully wrote: Sep 3rd, '18, 16:05 It is a Japanese story about a young woman who has a problem with getting a job because her mother didn't register her birth, from what I remember, because of domestic violence. It is a story about how she get shelp to sort out this problem.
Maybe this one Iki Mo Dekinai Natsu?

User avatar
Jintetsu
Posts: 137
Joined: Nov 19th, '16, 11:40

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Jintetsu » Sep 16th, '18, 08:27

Yes, it's Iki mo Dekinai Natsu.
I've had it in my watch-list for long time but totally forgot about it, couldn't even remember its title. So when reading tully's post I was like saying to myself "Oh yeah, this is that drama I wanted to watch long ago!! What was that?" :scratch:

Thanks zenith777 for reminding me of this drama :D

zenith777
Posts: 771
Joined: Oct 29th, '09, 06:51
Location: Shitsuren no Sekai~

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by zenith777 » Sep 16th, '18, 08:49

Jintetsu wrote: Sep 16th, '18, 08:27 Yes, it's Iki mo Dekinai Natsu.
I've had it in my watch-list for long time but totally forgot about it, couldn't even remember its title. So when reading tully's post I was like saying to myself "Oh yeah, this is that drama I wanted to watch long ago!! What was that?" :scratch:

Thanks zenith777 for reminding me of this drama :D
No worries Jintetsu, happy to be a help :D
PS: I only remember the cast (Takei Emi) actually :P

tully
Posts: 7
Joined: Aug 16th, '17, 19:19

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by tully » Sep 16th, '18, 11:55

zenith777 wrote: Sep 16th, '18, 07:55
tully wrote: Sep 3rd, '18, 16:05 It is a Japanese story about a young woman who has a problem with getting a job because her mother didn't register her birth, from what I remember, because of domestic violence. It is a story about how she get shelp to sort out this problem.
Maybe this one Iki Mo Dekinai Natsu?
Thank you very much. That's the one I was looking for.


zenith777
Posts: 771
Joined: Oct 29th, '09, 06:51
Location: Shitsuren no Sekai~

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by zenith777 » Oct 7th, '18, 07:37

My best guess is between these period drama :
- Jotei Kasuga no Tsubone (1990, directed by Sadao Nakajima)
- Ōoku portrayed by Yuki Matsushita
- Kasuga no Tsubone (1989 NHK Taiga drama) portrayed by Reiko Ōhara

bekam
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 6th, '18, 23:55

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by bekam » Oct 7th, '18, 13:09

zenith777 wrote: Oct 7th, '18, 07:37
My best guess is between these period drama :
- Jotei Kasuga no Tsubone (1990, directed by Sadao Nakajima)
- Ōoku portrayed by Yuki Matsushita
- Kasuga no Tsubone (1989 NHK Taiga drama) portrayed by Reiko Ōhara
Thanks for your help...
I just saw and the first title does not correspond with any screenshots.

yerrboi428
Posts: 1
Joined: Dec 25th, '18, 01:21

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by yerrboi428 » Dec 25th, '18, 01:51

I'm not sure if this was a J-Drama, but I saw it while at hotel in Japan so I can only assume. I don't know the title or anything but I do remember some parts that took place in the episode.

It was the first episode and It played around 3am, so it was one of those late night series. It cuts straight to a woman in bed and it's nighttime. I think she was laying with her boyfriend or husband. When she rolls over to face her partner in bed, he says something that I assume was a request because she immediately reaches for his boxers. The next cut shows her gesturing her head as if she's giving him blow-job while her inner monologue goes off.

The next thing I remember is the same woman being at a school? Looking/waiting for something/someone when she encounters a boy in an arm cast. I can't quite remember if she wrote on the cast, but by the end of the scene they exchanged emails/numbers and parted ways.

They last thing I remember is a scene of this woman cleaning the house or something, when her husband/boyfriend comes home drunk and falls on her trying to initiate something. I think she denied him that night. Idk, it's been over 3.5 months since I've seen it. I was wondering if anyone knew the title of the series. Thank you in Advance.

sansourri
Posts: 1
Joined: Feb 15th, '19, 14:26

[IDed] Anyone know name of japanese movie/drama in this video?

Post by sansourri » Feb 15th, '19, 14:34

This youtube song video uses a clip from japanese movie (or drama maybe):



Anyone know the name of the movie/drama in the video?

UPDATE:
Found out the video source, it's from japanese band's MV:

nameofshowhelp
Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 26th, '19, 09:28

I CANT REMEMBER NAME OF SHOW HELP

Post by nameofshowhelp » Jun 26th, '19, 09:37

IT's a japanese series, this woman invents some candy that gives whoever eats it, superpowers. A big company wants these candies and want to kill the woman, so she gives them to her son and sends her son to her dad whos is very deadbeat, owes a lot of debt, house is a mess etc. Dad finds the candies and turns into a superhero and falls in love with a store clerk.. Can anyone help me find it? I've been looking for months.

nameofshowhelp
Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 26th, '19, 09:28

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by nameofshowhelp » Jun 26th, '19, 11:11

Its a series, mum invents candy that give superpowers, big company wants to kill woman for the candy, mum gives candy to son and sends him to his dad who is very deadbeat, owes a lot of debt, house is a mess, etc. Dad finds these candies and turns into a superhero. adn falls in love with a store clerk. Anyone have any ideas??

zenith777
Posts: 771
Joined: Oct 29th, '09, 06:51
Location: Shitsuren no Sekai~

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by zenith777 » Jul 7th, '19, 15:37

nameofshowhelp wrote: Jun 26th, '19, 11:11 Its a series, mum invents candy that give superpowers, big company wants to kill woman for the candy, mum gives candy to son and sends him to his dad who is very deadbeat, owes a lot of debt, house is a mess, etc. Dad finds these candies and turns into a superhero. adn falls in love with a store clerk. Anyone have any ideas??
[url = https://wiki.d-addicts.com/Detarame_Hero]Detarame Hero[/url] :P

emmahansen
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 11th, '19, 23:00
Denmark

Can’t remember name of drama

Post by emmahansen » Oct 11th, '19, 23:04

Hey
I watched a drama that I can’t remember the name of and therefore can’t find it again. It’s about a girl that moves in with 2 guys. One of the guys has erectile dysfunction, but that goes away when he is with the girl.
Does anybody know what the name is?

User avatar
juicenmilk
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 23rd, '19, 22:31

Re: Can’t remember name of drama

Post by juicenmilk » Oct 15th, '19, 10:38

Hello,
this sounds like Kakafukaka.
viewtopic.php?t=164824

scheesecake
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 18th, '19, 23:53
United States of America

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by scheesecake » Oct 18th, '19, 23:58

Okay. I saw this on a streaming service last year and cannot for the life of me remember the name. I believe I saw the second season or the Part 2. Here's what I can recall:

A girl arrives at what appears to be a post-apocalyptic high school seeking to challenge the top fighter in the school. The top fighter has a gang of girls who the first girl has to fight before getting a fight with the best fighter and has to go through each challenge. She finally makes it to the final challenge and loses and that ended the season. I'm sure there was a season before and one after but this was the only one available to watch.
Last edited by scheesecake on Dec 24th, '19, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

pickler
Posts: 3
Joined: Nov 13th, '19, 05:10

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by pickler » Nov 13th, '19, 05:15

Hi all, great to find such a community! I have been watching Jdramas since the 90s but after getting married recently i stopped due to lack of time. However lately i have been getting back into it and i can't find one of the dramas i used to follow around 2013-2015 i think...it was about a career lady who was tired of the city, she was single and decided to move to the country side. She rented/leased part of a house of a single father who lived with his daughters. She would take the train to work from home and i remember a lot of scenes at the train station. I also remember the house had a nice garden and some sort of romance developed between the single father and the career lady. Can anyone help me identify? thanks!

Rassie
Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 29th, '19, 16:47
United States of America

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Rassie » Nov 29th, '19, 16:58

I need help identifying a Jdrama. It was about a teenage star of Kabuki theater. It was like he was fighting his family tradition, yet also competing against another young, rising star who was sponsored by another family. They both were also competing for the affection of a girl who was attending the first boy’s school. She was a fan of Kabuki. If I remember correctly she lived alone.

sotoo
Posts: 23
Joined: Jun 20th, '17, 13:33

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by sotoo » Nov 30th, '19, 00:53

@Rassie, it's "PINTOKONA", aired in 2013 on TBS.

scheesecake
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 18th, '19, 23:53
United States of America

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by scheesecake » Dec 24th, '19, 19:04

Still trying to find this if anyone can help.
scheesecake wrote: Oct 18th, '19, 23:58 Okay. I saw this on a streaming service last year and cannot for the life of me remember the name. I believe I saw the second season or the Part 2. Here's what I can recall:

A girl arrives at what appears to be a post-apocalyptic high school seeking to challenge the top fighter in the school. The top fighter has a gang of girls who the first girl has to fight before getting a fight with the best fighter and has to go through each challenge. She finally makes it to the final challenge and loses and that ended the season. I'm sure there was a season before and one after but this was the only one available to watch.

takeda_shingen
Posts: 170
Joined: Sep 7th, '09, 00:05

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by takeda_shingen » Dec 25th, '19, 14:09

Majisuka Gakuen?

scheesecake
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 18th, '19, 23:53
United States of America

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by scheesecake » Dec 25th, '19, 23:21

takeda_shingen wrote: Dec 25th, '19, 14:09 Majisuka Gakuen?
AH! This is it. Sorry. I read through the seasons and the one I saw was Season 4. Thank you for the help!

prkhaling
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 13th, '20, 22:14
Has thanked: 1 time
India

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by prkhaling » Aug 13th, '20, 22:34

Hi guys,

I have been searching for this drama but I have no clue of it's name. I am assuming it's a drama from 2000s or 90s but I am not sure. I do remember the characters and some plot.

So I think the main character is basically a guy who is unemployed and is not good at studying. He always fails his exams. He has a roommate. He kinda looks like rindaman from the crows because of his wavy hair and he has a thin moustache in his upper lip area. Their room is always filthy looking and his roommate is a nerdy looking guy who is more brilliant than him. There is a side character, a girl precisely. This girl falls in love with a guy after getting a kiss from him. This girl is then dumped badly by this guy who i think is kind of a rival of this main character and knows him from way back. She then goes to attempt suicide on a bridge but that main character manages to save her. This girl btw wears glasses and is kinda gentle and innocent looking girl. This girl works for a company where she comes across this main character while giving his result and accidentally makes him the topper of this company's exam (I forgot the small detail of how she does it) which is very hard to crack. The main character cracks the exam accidentally and is hired in the company which shocks everyone. The guy who rejects the girl is also in the same company and is suspicious of the guy since he knew him from way back then since he is known to be a dumb person. This is as much as I can remember. Please if you know this drama please give me it's title.

KyuJuEX099
Posts: 6
Joined: Oct 24th, '20, 05:13
Has thanked: 4 times
United States of America

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by KyuJuEX099 » Oct 24th, '20, 07:08

Anyone knows what's this from?

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zd0gQ3NZpg

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUr2dkhkAAE
MOD
Please do not post streamed videos in the forum.
Last edited by KyuJuEX099 on Oct 25th, '20, 03:59, edited 1 time in total.

Lannox
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 24th, '20, 18:10
New Zealand

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Lannox » Oct 24th, '20, 18:20

Hi guys, I can't remember this drama for the love of me and it's driving me crazy. I remember watching it some time in the early 2010s on the Japanese channel in Taiwan (JET). I don't exactly remember the premise but I remember a few scenes:

1) The main character goes to participate in a bikini competition but because she was late, she wore the standard school issued swimsuit. The judge was a pervy old man and as he walked down the line (think he was holding a fan) he'd comment on how nice the candidates' chest looked. When he got to the main character he closed his fan and looked really displeased like "what is this joke -__-" Later in that episode the main character gave a speech about how the contest shouldn't have been about how big your breasts are.

2) Our main character had to be a stunt double to shoot a commercial - I think it was for a video game but there were wings/a sword involved. The actress she was a stunt double for was really annoying and whiny. When a little accident happened (I think something fell down), the main character went to shield the actress and got hurt. The actress was crying and complaining about a broken nail and our main character got told off by the production crew even though her injuries were clearly worse.

I'll try and update if I remember anything else but I really hope this wasn't just a figment of my imagination! Thanks all in advance :)

nuve
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 327
Joined: Apr 5th, '16, 10:18
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Slovakia

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by nuve » Oct 29th, '20, 21:30

KyuJuEX099 wrote: Oct 24th, '20, 07:08 Anyone knows what's this from?

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zd0gQ3NZpg

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUr2dkhkAAE
that's from Garo series
i think Yami wo terasu mono

Anna Nas
Posts: 2
Joined: Apr 13th, '20, 23:48
Italy

HELP ME FIND THIS DRAMA :CCC

Post by Anna Nas » Oct 30th, '20, 10:20

Hey! Im trying to find this japanese drama (probably japanese, I can't remember), it was about food, in particular cakes ecc.. It is about this girl, that has a little restourant near the sea, and she works there with a few other guys. I don't really know the storyline, but it was really easy to watch, it had at least 16 episode, but really easy to watch. I don't know if this would e usefull, but I liked this song, and searched for the lyrics on youtube, and the video was blue, with this girl on the side : D

Anna Nas
Posts: 2
Joined: Apr 13th, '20, 23:48
Italy

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Anna Nas » Oct 30th, '20, 10:26

Hey! Im trying to find this japanese drama (probably japanese, I can't remember), it was about food, in particular cakes ecc.. It is about this girl, that has a little restourant near the sea, and she works there with a few other guys. I don't really know the storyline, but it was really easy to watch, it had at least 16 episode, but really easy to watch. I don't know if this would e usefull, but I liked this song, and searched for the lyrics on youtube, and the video was blue, with this girl on the side : D

KyuJuEX099
Posts: 6
Joined: Oct 24th, '20, 05:13
Has thanked: 4 times
United States of America

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by KyuJuEX099 » Nov 7th, '20, 06:46

nuve wrote: Oct 29th, '20, 21:30
KyuJuEX099 wrote: Oct 24th, '20, 07:08 Anyone knows what's this from?

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zd0gQ3NZpg

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUr2dkhkAAE
that's from Garo series
i think Yami wo terasu mono
Thank you for this info!

User avatar
in2sky
Posts: 264
Joined: Mar 13th, '05, 17:01
Location: Tokyo
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Japan

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by in2sky » Dec 4th, '20, 20:07

I'm looking for a drama, probably mid-00's or early 10's... Can't remember a single actor but the setting is pretty much life at a
lighting for entertainment company. If I remember correctly they do lights for music shows etc. Any help much appreciated :)

ritedestro
Posts: 1
Joined: Dec 15th, '20, 00:40
Great Britain

Looking for a jdrama i watched

Post by ritedestro » Dec 15th, '20, 00:47

Hi all, within the past 2 years, I found a jdrama I really liked watching and wondered if anyone knew of the show itself (as I've forgotten the name and I never finished the series) or any shows that are similar to it. (I'm not sure if it was the past 2 years it came out, but I watched it within the past 2 years).

I also believe it to be based off a manga, but that could be my mind playing tricks on me.

The show itself i remember there was a popular guy and a girl. The distinct scene that I remember (that was also in the trailer) was of the guy performing a kabedon to the girl to ask her out. But the girl reversed the kabedon and refused it.

It most likely was a high-school drama, but also couldve been a university/college show as well.

As simply typing these factors into Google doesn't work, I decided to see if anyone else knew of the show, or of any shows like it.

Many thanks in advance ^^

User avatar
clampoholic
Posts: 840
Joined: Jul 19th, '17, 11:31
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by clampoholic » Dec 16th, '20, 15:59

@in2sky, was it Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu?

User avatar
in2sky
Posts: 264
Joined: Mar 13th, '05, 17:01
Location: Tokyo
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Japan

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by in2sky » Dec 16th, '20, 17:03

clampoholic wrote: Dec 16th, '20, 15:59 @in2sky, was it Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu?
Absolutely! I forgot to come back and update my msg. Already re-watched ep 1 last night it's so good!!
Thank you so much for your reply btw!!

KyuJuEX099
Posts: 6
Joined: Oct 24th, '20, 05:13
Has thanked: 4 times
United States of America

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by KyuJuEX099 » Dec 20th, '20, 21:26

Anyone knows where is this from?

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doePN43fuZA

User avatar
in2sky
Posts: 264
Joined: Mar 13th, '05, 17:01
Location: Tokyo
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Japan

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by in2sky » Dec 20th, '20, 21:48

KyuJuEX099 wrote: Dec 20th, '20, 21:26 Anyone knows where is this from?

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doePN43fuZA
Tokyo Vampire Hotel

benny
Posts: 6
Joined: Mar 28th, '18, 08:10

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by benny » Dec 29th, '20, 06:14

I am trying to find this drama name

This about a shy girl working as a mechanic or manual labour , she is partially mute or deaf , drama starts with she riding a motorcycle to the weoking place and consult with the doctor, i think she and the doctor are fall in love.

Thanks

restart
Posts: 1
Joined: Jan 2nd, '21, 16:48
France

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by restart » Jan 2nd, '21, 17:03

Please help me!!!

I am urrently searching for a japanese drama that i watched few years ago, It was about a guy who is working as a paramedic i think and he has the power to see the moment of death of anyone he touch palm to palm. He is in love with his step sister and want to save her from her fate. In the drama, the main lead name was Hanamichi I think. He has two step brother and his older step brother was called en hanamichi.

Onegaishimasu, daskete kudasai !!!!

nuve
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 327
Joined: Apr 5th, '16, 10:18
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Slovakia

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by nuve » Jan 6th, '21, 18:01

@ritedestro
I thought about Kurosaki-kun no iinari ni nante naranai, but that was just movie I think

Sista murai
Posts: 1
Joined: Feb 15th, '21, 09:49

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Sista murai » Feb 15th, '21, 09:55

Hy guys can any1 recommend me a Japanese or taiwanese drama ...something like shania marriage or toshi no sokon if am not wrong..in short something romantic with alil bit of mature content no nudity shown .

User avatar
noino
Posts: 4
Joined: Feb 7th, '21, 01:03

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by noino » Feb 18th, '21, 01:45

restart wrote: Jan 2nd, '21, 17:03 Please help me!!!

I am urrently searching for a japanese drama that i watched few years ago, It was about a guy who is working as a paramedic i think and he has the power to see the moment of death of anyone he touch palm to palm. He is in love with his step sister and want to save her from her fate. In the drama, the main lead name was Hanamichi I think. He has two step brother and his older step brother was called en hanamichi.

Onegaishimasu, daskete kudasai !!!!
4-punkan no Marigold 2019 ( Marigold in 4 Minutes )

dramas
Posts: 48
Joined: Feb 1st, '21, 01:25
Canada

Name of Japanese tv series?

Post by dramas » Aug 28th, '21, 07:34

Would anyone know the name of the Japanese tv series made a while ago about a father who catches a phantom butterfly and the legend goes that anyone who catches it will turn into a phantom, and he does turn into a phantom and his daughter tries to find out the mystery behind it.

User avatar
Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 7587
Joined: Apr 9th, '06, 11:27
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times
Contact:
Sweden

Re: Name of Japanese tv series?

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 28th, '21, 13:58

dramas wrote: Aug 28th, '21, 07:34 Would anyone know the name of the Japanese tv series made a while ago about a father who catches a phantom butterfly and the legend goes that anyone who catches it will turn into a phantom, and he does turn into a phantom and his daughter tries to find out the mystery behind it.
The story sounded familiar to me, but I didn't remember the name.

You can search DramaWiki here if you know the main subject of a drama.

Code: Select all

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/index.php?search=&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go
First I searched "butterfly" (without quotation marks), and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Then I searched for "rare butterfly" I found it.

Code: Select all

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ame_to_Yume_no_Ato_ni
The same search technique can be used for JdramaWeblog, it also searches test within posts, not just the post titles.

Code: Select all

https://jdramas.wordpress.com/
You can also use Google for example

site:URLHERE (without http and www) "search term"

site:wiki.d-addicts.com "rare butterfly"

dramas
Posts: 48
Joined: Feb 1st, '21, 01:25
Canada

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by dramas » Aug 28th, '21, 22:29

Thank you! That was very helpful.

dramas
Posts: 48
Joined: Feb 1st, '21, 01:25
Canada

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by dramas » Aug 31st, '21, 17:42

You have been so helpful to me as a newly joined member of this forum explaining so many things to me. I was wondering if you would know where I could watch the videos and english subs of the asadora Honmamon. I have been looking for it for some time. Apparently it does exist but I haven't been able to find it.

User avatar
Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 7587
Joined: Apr 9th, '06, 11:27
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times
Contact:
Sweden

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 31st, '21, 19:33

dramas wrote: Aug 31st, '21, 17:42 You have been so helpful to me as a newly joined member of this forum explaining so many things to me. I was wondering if you would know where I could watch the videos and english subs of the asadora Honmamon. I have been looking for it for some time. Apparently it does exist but I haven't been able to find it.
I'm sorry I don't know where it can be found, nor subtitles for it.

seetin02
Posts: 4
Joined: Oct 6th, '21, 08:22
Has thanked: 3 times
Vietnam

Re: [ASK]Anyone know this japanese tv show?

Post by seetin02 » Oct 6th, '21, 14:23

It seems cant watch the video...

stud1al
Posts: 60
Joined: Apr 12th, '21, 09:51
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Australia

RIN

Post by stud1al » May 31st, '22, 01:32

Hello.
I saw a TV series called RIN (1992) on SBS in Australia. I have been unable to find it .Does anybody have it or know where i can get it?

User avatar
Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 7587
Joined: Apr 9th, '06, 11:27
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times
Contact:
Sweden

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Keiko1981 » May 31st, '22, 02:03

@stud1al Merged your topic with more appropriate thread.

Code: Select all

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105261/

Jesterstear99
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 86
Joined: Apr 1st, '22, 16:00
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Jesterstear99 » Jun 3rd, '22, 11:12

This one has been driving me nuts trying to remember the title, and searching on the plot isn't working.


A man is about to get married when he is accused of groping a girl on the train (there is a male witness- it turns out later the girl and witness are a couple who make a living accusing men and getting them to pay compensation, they have actually been hired by the fiancée who doesn't want to marry). His life is ruined, he loses his job and his fiancée.

He tries to jump off a roof, and I'm not clear on what happens but he tries to save a girl from being murdered, it turns out she is an actress from a "family" who specialise in bringing fantasies to life for clients, and the murderer was a client using a rubber knife or something.

The girl takes him in and he hires the family to get his revenge, which they do by spoiling the fiancée's wedding to her new man.



tbh, I could have mixed two plots together, and it could have been a film not a drama series.

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
clampoholic
Posts: 840
Joined: Jul 19th, '17, 11:31
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by clampoholic » Jun 4th, '22, 09:43

@Jesterstear99: Was it Enjiya?

Code: Select all

https://mydramalist.com/694421-enjiya

Jesterstear99
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 86
Joined: Apr 1st, '22, 16:00
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Jesterstear99 » Jun 4th, '22, 10:07

clampoholic wrote: Jun 4th, '22, 09:43 @Jesterstear99: Was it Enjiya?

Code: Select all

https://mydramalist.com/694421-enjiya
Yes!!!

Thankyou!

I thought I'd have to watch everything I have ever downloaded to find it again.


I think I'll keep a log with short synopses so I can find things again.

Jesterstear99
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 86
Joined: Apr 1st, '22, 16:00
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Jesterstear99 » Aug 31st, '22, 20:43

I'm back with another to identify, I only watched one episode, read a spoiler on the ending and gave up, but I'd like to watch more of it.

A female android is dumped under some rubbish, and a school teacher (could be the principal, I can't remember) finds her and takes her back to school.
A boy manages to activate her and she hugs him and wont let go until her battery is charged, which makes it awkward for him to go to the toilet.

She is enrolled as a student and the boy has to look after her and educate her about life, fall in love with her, the usual stuff.....


The spoiler said she was actually sent back from the future by the boy's then wife to find out what he was like when he was young.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted User 477682

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Deleted User 477682 » Sep 6th, '22, 11:54

Jesterstear99 wrote: Aug 31st, '22, 20:43 I'm back with another to identify, I only watched one episode, read a spoiler on the ending and gave up, but I'd like to watch more of it.

A female android is dumped under some rubbish, and a school teacher (could be the principal, I can't remember) finds her and takes her back to school.
A boy manages to activate her and she hugs him and wont let go until her battery is charged, which makes it awkward for him to go to the toilet.

She is enrolled as a student and the boy has to look after her and educate her about life, fall in love with her, the usual stuff.....


The spoiler said she was actually sent back from the future by the boy's then wife to find out what he was like when he was young.

Thanks in advance!
Is it Q10? I haven't seen it but it seems to fit the description possibly. Sorry if that's not right.

Jesterstear99
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 86
Joined: Apr 1st, '22, 16:00
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by Jesterstear99 » Sep 9th, '22, 10:07

KindlyDisregard wrote: Sep 6th, '22, 11:54
Jesterstear99 wrote: Aug 31st, '22, 20:43 I'm back with another to identify, I only watched one episode, read a spoiler on the ending and gave up, but I'd like to watch more of it.

A female android is dumped under some rubbish, and a school teacher (could be the principal, I can't remember) finds her and takes her back to school.
A boy manages to activate her and she hugs him and wont let go until her battery is charged, which makes it awkward for him to go to the toilet.

She is enrolled as a student and the boy has to look after her and educate her about life, fall in love with her, the usual stuff.....


The spoiler said she was actually sent back from the future by the boy's then wife to find out what he was like when he was young.

Thanks in advance!
Is it Q10? I haven't seen it but it seems to fit the description possibly. Sorry if that's not right.
Yes it is! (I'd forgotten he sticks his finger in her mouth to activate her, and she has her number (Q10) on her foot)

Thankyou!

attorneyatmusic
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 3rd, '22, 09:26

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by attorneyatmusic » Oct 3rd, '22, 09:27

In the early to mid 2000s I was traveling in Asia and a J drama was airing on tv.

At the very beginning of the show, a young woman is working as a waitress and aspires to be an author. Her writing isn't that great and the people she shows it to laugh at it. As the story progresses, she finds an older man who is a retired legendary author who lives in a messy bookshop. She repeatedly bothers him to get him to review her writing.

She also had some supportive roommates and there was a romance plot going on as well. The intro features a book flipping open with the faces of the characters on the pages.

After some research, I do not believe that this series is 2001's "Love Story" which also has an older male author, but something else.

If it helps to identify, I actually remember the melody of the theme song and can play it on piano.

edit: I found it after a few days of searching, the series is Itsumo futari de from 2003
The theme song used in the show is "Always" by Ryota Mitsunaga

pickler
Posts: 3
Joined: Nov 13th, '19, 05:10

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by pickler » Oct 10th, '22, 02:43

I asked this before long back but never got an answer....it was about a business lady who was tired of the city, she was single and decided to move to the country side. She rented/leased part of a house of a single father who lived with his daughters. She would take the train to work from home and i remember a lot of scenes at the train station. I also remember the house had a nice garden and some sort of romance developed between the single father and the career lady. Can anyone help me identify? thanks!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests