The Classic (kmovie)

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
s0caligirl

The Classic (kmovie)

Post by s0caligirl » Aug 17th, '05, 19:32

i want to know what the movie...the classic is about....i think thats the title of the movie... i've surf but it doesnt come up wiht that name... here is the cover:

i think its call the classic...but anyhow i was wondering...what the story is about?...if anyone know...let me know! thanks! plus i already look at through sticky's post and i dont see it there....

thanks much appericiated!!!

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Aug 17th, '05, 19:37

it`s a love story between two people, and it`s really sweet =)

i just remember that when i saw it, i was bawling like a baby in the end, i totally recommend you to watch it. it`s sweet, but kinda depressing.

Smartscience

Post by Smartscience » Aug 17th, '05, 19:56

Can anyone recommend any other Korean movies thay have that sweet-but-kinda-depressing feel? My other half loves kdramas but not the movies for some reason, but she said The Classic was one of the better ones. I'm thinking ..ing or Take Care Of My Cat might fit the bill, but it's hard to tell from some reviews. Sites like koreanfilm.org leave you in no doubt about the reviewers' excellent English and film-reviewing credentials, but tell you very little about the film they're reviewing.
Last edited by Smartscience on Aug 18th, '05, 06:43, edited 1 time in total.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Aug 17th, '05, 19:59

s0caligirl, you can find some info here http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/15678.html

pachi_A

Post by pachi_A » Aug 17th, '05, 20:03

yea, its really cute. and sad.

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 17th, '05, 22:38

That pic reminds me of "Once Upon a Time in Highschool" :)

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Aug 19th, '05, 23:00

ohh ur askin for the good and rite recommended movie out there.this movie isnt just a classic but the storyline is very nice and soothing..touching and funny..i really like this movie but for some reason i can't find the rite matching subttile for it..anyone know??? :| :roll

khristine

Post by khristine » Aug 20th, '05, 13:25

Smartscience wrote:Can anyone recommend any other Korean movies thay have that sweet-but-kinda-depressing feel? My other half loves kdramas but not the movies for some reason, but she said The Classic was one of the better ones.
try A Moment To Remember and Daddy Long Legs. both have a sweet-but-kinda-depressing feel. be warned on daddy long legs though. it's not your usual what-you-see-is-what-you-get type of movie. you really have to let your brain cells working here to be able to understand the BIG twist - and appreciate the movie! if possible, watch it twice. but i assure you it's good.

i also prefer watching kdramas more than movies coz i dont think kmovies are that great(in the romance genre for that matter). but they are really good in drama series!!! :D ive seen a lot of melodrama movies, including the most recommended once, but was mostly disappointed in realizing it was all just hype. but these two, a moment to remember and daddy long legs, are an exception. they definitely are on top of my list.

ps.. i heard that failan is also good.. but i dont know.. havent seen it yet.. just hope it's not just another hype.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Aug 20th, '05, 19:04

Il Mare ... Someone Special... Scent of Love... Windstruck... Lovers Concerto These all have sweet yet depressing feel to the movie... not that all the movies end bittersweet but they are great... If you only want to follow the Classic route then A Moment to Remember Daddy Long Legs and Scent of Love are the closest

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Aug 21st, '05, 22:28

I seen "...ING" today... I hear mixed reviews but I loved it. Its a Korean movie. I shouldn't admit it but I weeped like a baby... err that might actually give it away... Actually don't watch it, you will probably cry unless you are a monster or something. :glare:

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 22nd, '05, 09:00

^ Yeah, nothing like being held hostage to your emotions :P

AsianblueX

Post by AsianblueX » Aug 22nd, '05, 10:17

this movie is liek the greatest movie in the world =)) <3 hands down

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Aug 22nd, '05, 12:11

PJB wrote:^ Yeah, nothing like being held hostage to your emotions :P
Hahah nice, I dunno why though I must be watching too many dramas. I feel inlove with the characters too quick.

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 22nd, '05, 12:30

one of te saddest kmovies i have seen is christmas in august, check it out,a true love story ^^

http://www.kfccinema.com/reviews/drama/ ... ugust.html

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Aug 22nd, '05, 15:18

I never heard of that one I will have to check it out thx for your suggestion. I seriously think we north americas are very ignorant when it comes toward Asian cinema. I want ...ing and movies like My sassy girl to come out in our theaters the way they are and not to be dubbed or remade. They are perfect the way they are :-( I don't know why reading is so hard. I enjoy it actually, my spelling sucks and I actually learn how to spell and I also get to pick up on another language.

cetok

Post by cetok » Aug 22nd, '05, 15:33

i like korean movies than chinese...because they have more character

t3n5h1_chu_k015h173
Location: Issyk-KuL&#1050;&#1099;&#1088;&#1075;&#1099;&#1079;&#1089;&#1090;&am

Post by t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 » Apr 21st, '06, 18:32

The classic i watch this movie in 2004,my korean friend introduce me 2 this movie....i really do like it....i buy the dvd coz this movie is worth watching....so romantic :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: