[Discussion] Aibou

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
alemana
Argentina

[Discussion] Aibou

Post by alemana » Jan 10th, '22, 18:52

Hello!
I'm new here, so hopefully this isn't a stupid question... I've been searching all over the internet and here for subtitles for the old seasons of Aibou, but other than S01, I couldn't find them anywhere.
Any help would be appreciated! I've been learning Japanese for some time now, but I'm still unable to understand most of the dialogue.

Also (and I understand you can't post links here): do you know of any way to download / stream the pre-season episodes, other than torrent? I've never done that and even though I managed to install Jdownloader, I couldn't get it running (nor find a "how to for dummies"-guide).
Thanks a lot in advance!
ありがとうございます
alemana

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Aibou 相棒 older seasons (2,3, etc) subtitles

Post by Keiko1981 » Jan 10th, '22, 19:11

Search here to start with.

Where to find dramas and subs (sticky topic)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=165119

alemana
Argentina

Re: Subtitles for older seasons of Aibou

Post by alemana » Jan 10th, '22, 20:52

Thanks a lot! I think I looked on all these pages before opening this thread, and I couldn't find the older seasons. But maybe I'm just too stupid?

Edit: I just noticed that on top of things, I think I posted in the wrong forum, right? So sorry for that - if you want (or can?) move the thread, please feel free to do so!

alemana
Argentina

Aibou 相棒 S02 Japanese subs: episodes wrongly labeled

Post by alemana » Jan 22nd, '22, 23:38

Hi all,
since I didn't have luck with my other post about subs for older seasons of Aibou, I decided to take a shot at the Japanese subs from jpsubbers. I've been learning Japanese for some time now, but I read much better than I understand; my idea is to use deepl for a basic translation and then correct that one - from what I read in the rules, I won't be allowed to post these subs here, but at least I can have them for my personal use (or if anyone else is interested, pm me or tell me where to post them).
HOWEVER, the Japanese subs for the episodes from Season 02 seem to be wrongly labelled; AibouS02EP01 is actually Pre-Season 2 (I think?), AibouS02EP02 seems to be episode 3?
Does anyone here by chance still remember the story line of the individual episodes and would do me the huge favor to take a look at the subtitles in order to tell me which one is which?
Thank you very much in advance!

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Aibou 相棒 S02 Japanese subs: episodes wrongly labeled

Post by Keiko1981 » Jan 22nd, '22, 23:54

Merging with already existing to topic.

Subtitles are usually named the same as the videos they sync to. It may be a case of videos being mislabeled, and therefore the subtitles has been mislabeled.

You can just re-name the subtitles to the same as the correct video. Do note that you may need to resync to the subtitles.

alemana
Argentina

Re: Aibou 相棒 S02 Japanese subs: episodes wrongly labeled

Post by alemana » Jan 23rd, '22, 00:10

Keiko1981 wrote: Jan 22nd, '22, 23:54 You can just re-name the subtitles to the same as the correct video. Do note that you may need to resync to the subtitles.
That's what I want to do - but I need to know first which sub is really which episode, that's what I've been trying to ask.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: [Discussion] Aibou

Post by Keiko1981 » Jan 23rd, '22, 00:22

@alemana If you got the Japanese titles in the videos. Japanese titles of each episode from season 2. Source: JPN Wiki
Not perfect English translations, but maybe of some help.

1. ロンドンからの帰還〜ベラドンナの赤い罠
2. 特命係復活 (Tokumei Gakari Fukkatsu - Special Detective Comeback)
3. 殺人晩餐会 (Satsujin Bansankai - Banquet Murder (Case))
4. 消える銃弾
5. 蜘蛛女の恋
6. 殺してくれとアイツは言った
7. 消えた死体
8. 命の値段
9. 少年と金貨
10. 殺意あり
11. 秘書がやりました
12. クイズ王
13. 神隠し
14. 氷女
15. 雪原の殺意
16. 白い罠
17. 同時多発誘拐〜消えた16人の子供達
18. ピルイーター
19. 器物誘拐
20. 二分の一の殺意
21 END. 私刑〜生きていた死刑囚と赤いベルの女

MyDramaList Aibou Season 2 Episode Guide (nothing there)

Code: Select all

https://mydramalist.com/3519-aibou-season-2/episodes
English Wikipedia (nothing there)

Code: Select all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIBOU:_Tokyo_Detective_Duo

alemana
Argentina

Re: [Discussion] Aibou

Post by alemana » Jan 23rd, '22, 01:56

Thanks a lot! I already have the titles, plus summaries in English for the episodes from a webpage called "thescaffolding" and some kind of summary / personal comment in Japanese from another page (I think I'm not allowed to post direct links?).
Still I'm not able to make sense out of the Japanese subs, unfortunately (meaning: which sub is actually which episode). Unfortunately, the Japanese subs from jpsubbers are called all "AibouS02EP01.srt" and so on, no titles :cry: