- In our forums we cultivate a friendly and helpful communication and we expect that everybody follows known netiquette standards.
It is not allowed to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “D-Addicts” is hosted (United States) or International Law.
- Do not bash or otherwise bad mouth another individual or group’s work, otherwise you will be given warnings.
- Users who are misbehaving will be given three (3) warnings, and after that be banned.
- If you have any account-related questions, problems with registration or login, please use the Contact Us form found at the bottom of each page.
- Links to donation sites are okay
- No streamed videos
- No torrent links
- No direct download links
- No links to third-party sites with any of the above content
(code) Insert URL here (code)
Replace ( and ) with [ ]
Subtitles Forum Rules
Do not post requests for subtitles or status of subtitles. For status updates, if possible see the fansubber's website or social media. In addition you can check the Fansub Maps for information about who has / will sub what drama.
When Posting Subtitles
- All subtitles are to be posted at the forum.
- Name your subtitles the same as the video(s) they sync to.
- No advertisement of paid subtitles in advance.
- Original subtitles: (If re-translated or transcribed)
- Editor: (if transcribed, state what has been edited.)
- Translated by Fans - The subtitles must be your own work OR you have permission from the original subber to post them here
- Re-translated from fansubs / official subs
- Timed Japanese subtitles
- Transcribed subtitles from no longer active fansub groups*
- Subtitles transcribed from broadcasters - These should be posted with caution, as they may have been made available via a paid legal streaming site, and therefore may be removed by a moderator without prior warning.
- You must start from the beginning unless the project has been dropped
- Subtitles from paid legal over-the-top media streaming sites
- Subtitles from official DVDs
- Machine translated subtitles
- Edited machine translated subtitles
- Movie subtitles
Upload non-permitted subtitles to sites like Subscene instead.
*Transcribed subtitles may be posted here if the original fansubber has been inactive for at least 2 years, provided that you:
- Try to contact the original subber first.
- Credit original subber
- Only correcting grammar and typos and clearly state who it’s been done by
- Note that they can request for it to be taken down if they wish
1. Post your announcement in this forum
2. Post your subtitles in the announcement topic and rename it accordingly
3. After you've posted subtitles for the first episode or special the topic will be moved to appropriate forum
4. Use the report button [!] to notify moderators
- If you wish to step down from a project please mark it as dropped in the topic title
- Topics will be marked as dropped if a subber has not updated in 3 months. The 3 month inactivity period starts with the last update post. (Signs of activity: posting new subtitles, posting edited version(s) of previous released subtitles, subtitles status updates etc.)
- It is the subber's responsibility to update and keep the topic / project active