9 End 2 Outs (MBC, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
vicky

9 End 2 Outs (MBC, 2007)

Post by vicky » Jul 21st, '07, 17:13

Synopsis
The drama is about love of singles in their 30s. Hong Nan Hee is an ordinary worker at a publishing firm, she's a girl who always falls in and out of love since she was young until one day when she meets an old classmate, Byun Hyung Tae, who is a team leader of an advertising company again. Hyung Tae may seem to be a good catch in the eyes of many women but he's only a cowardly boy to Nan Hee whom he has grown up with. '9 End 2 Outs' is using the baseball theme to compare to the fates and lives of the people in love.

Cast
* Lee Jung Jin as Byun Hyung Tae
* Soo Ae as Hong Nan Hee
* Hwang Ji Hyun
* Lee Sang Woo

The first episodeis released. And it looks like interesting. But it would be great if some team make the sutitles of this series. Do you know something about that ?

Slicerwind

Post by Slicerwind » Jul 25th, '07, 23:21

o_o this drama is so funny. Hopefully people will have a chance to watch it. I hope it gets subbed too since I only understand about half the korean. Wish my parents forced me to speak korean at home. I respond in english and they talk to me in korean. xD

BabiiBue92

Post by BabiiBue92 » Jul 27th, '07, 00:57

Never saw the drama, sounds good I guess

Slicerwind

Post by Slicerwind » Jul 27th, '07, 12:48

S2subs are taking it as a side project! Woot.

The dramas im watching now are Coffee Prince, 9 end 2 outs, and time of dog and wolf.

9 End 2 Outs is so overlooked from the episodes I've watched. But...it might go downhill. Might >_>. Need to watch ep 4 to see if writers know what they're doing.

vicky

Post by vicky » Jul 28th, '07, 19:10

So S2subs will take this project. This is great. A big thank to them.
I look forward the 4th episode also. It will be released tomorrow i hope.

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » Jul 30th, '07, 01:29

This is actually a sleeper. Very good drama...

Same guy who was in Maljukgeori janhoksa

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 31st, '07, 13:21

If u are intersting in downloading the OST check my LJ: :-)

9 End 2 Outs

monie

Post by monie » Aug 10th, '07, 03:54

arabian wrote:If u are intersting in downloading the OST check my LJ: :-)

9 End 2 Outs

is that true ?? you're an arab??

my thanks ... luv the OST :wub: :wub:

kezianthei

Post by kezianthei » Aug 10th, '07, 04:18

im loving this drama too!

arabian

Post by arabian » Aug 10th, '07, 15:04

monie wrote:

9 End 2 Outs

Yes I am .. is there something wrong?? 8)

monie

Post by monie » Aug 10th, '07, 18:31

arabian wrote:
monie wrote:

9 End 2 Outs

Yes I am .. is there something wrong?? 8)

not at all ...wellcome aboard ... usually arabs don't 've that kind of intrest

بوجودك المنتدى منوّر يا عزيزتي

arabian

Post by arabian » Aug 10th, '07, 19:35

monie wrote: not at all ...wellcome aboard ... usually arabs don't 've that kind of intrest

No they have this intrest.. check international community & u'll find out.. :lol

ixdnL

Post by ixdnL » Aug 10th, '07, 19:48

ahhh. so this is the name of the drama!
i started watching this when i went to koreaa and couldnt figure out the name! thanks!

michca

Post by michca » Aug 17th, '07, 22:19

This drama is getting to be really good and it is killing me that my Korean isn't better so I know what is going on with eps 4-9. Does anyone know of anyone who summarizes what happens in each episode until the subs come out? cheers!

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Aug 20th, '07, 06:34

Of all the shows that I'm watching currently, this show is my favorite. (My viewing list seems to be growing lately, no?) Nonetheless, I assert this praise tentatively as I've only watched 3 episodes so far -- thanks to the good subbers at WITHS2 (coolest title for a subbing group ever!) and *cough* the uploader(s) at certain online streaming sites that shall not be named *cough*.

Definitely worth checking out. I can really empathize with the main characters, and the chemistry is delightful. This show is a good one. And funny. Thanks for the thread.

beertax

Post by beertax » Aug 20th, '07, 07:37

My current favorite. Just watched ep 10. Kinda like a mature, whacked version of Full House.

okies

Post by okies » Aug 20th, '07, 07:58

oh im loving this drama it fun
yeh i agree can someone summaries the eps for us who cant wait for the sub ^^

beertax

Post by beertax » Aug 21st, '07, 06:12

okies, you want spoilers?? I'll give you one, altho it's not really a "spoiler" in the sense that you mean.

Hyung Tae's ex = the guitar player who broke his heart into tiny pieces - finally makes her appearance at the end of ep 10, which aired this sunday. A turning point episode.

okies

Post by okies » Aug 21st, '07, 10:07

really well about time i think...cause it just really been on her story which isnt all bad but yeh it will get interesting
just one question can someone tell me what happened in ep 10 where they
kissed
i saw caps but just wondering about the story behind it
oh thanks beertax ^^

beertax

Post by beertax » Aug 21st, '07, 12:28

okies wrote:really well about time i think...cause it just really been on her story which isnt all bad but yeh it will get interesting
just one question can someone tell me what happened in ep 10 where they
kissed
i saw caps but just wondering about the story behind it
oh thanks beertax ^^
Here's what happened:
Nan Hwi finally breaks up with her young bf for the last time, and she decides to go on a weekend trip to clear her head and figure some stuff out for herself. Byung Tae forcibly tags along after telling his gf that he thinks he likes Nan Hwi at the end of ep 9.

During the trip, Byung Tae confesses his feelings to Nan Hwi, and the two decide to make a go at being a couple. For two days they do everything that a couple does during a trip - except the sex part, even tho they share one room. But at the final night Nan Hwi says that they should remain friends and consider this trip as a midsummer night's dream - something that never happened. Byung tae agrees, and kisses her.

So they return from the trip with mixed, confused feelings. And at the final scene, we see Byung Tae's old ex - the guitae player - has come back to Korea and that she revived her old cell phone number - the one she used to use while she dated Byung Tae.

okies

Post by okies » Aug 21st, '07, 17:37

thanks beertax
now it just makes me wanna know whats gonna happen....ahhhhh

redkittygal

Post by redkittygal » Aug 21st, '07, 17:56

ohh the spoiler sounds good .... i really like this show

gihee

Post by gihee » Aug 21st, '07, 20:58

I am really liking this show. I got into it a bit late but I caught up 2 weeks ago. I think it is really funny but I think it is being overlooked a lot.
Thank god she dumped the little kid! He was kind of getting on my nerves after awhile but kudos to the writer for the storyline.
I like the main characters. Nan Hee especially cracks me up and it's nice to see a female character like her on korean television. I am sort of dreading the appearance of Hyung Tae's ex. I guess that's what I'm supposed to feel, right?

gihee

Post by gihee » Aug 21st, '07, 21:01

arabian wrote:
monie wrote: not at all ...wellcome aboard ... usually arabs don't 've that kind of intrest

No they have this intrest.. check international community & u'll find out.. :lol
You're the one that has the "Eternal Love" Live Journal? Love your site! Thanks for all the OSTs! Glad you are still posting them.

okies

Post by okies » Aug 23rd, '07, 23:02

here is a clip
from noknok @ the sompi forum
Preview Ep.11 from MBC
http://swf.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/2out ... iew_11.swf

sponge_girl

Post by sponge_girl » Aug 25th, '07, 06:31

so far not bad. but damn, HD really shows stuff you never noticed. the main girl (don't know her name) does not have smooth skin.

knuts

Post by knuts » Aug 30th, '07, 11:21

sponge_girl wrote:so far not bad. but damn, HD really shows stuff you never noticed. the main girl (don't know her name) does not have smooth skin.
LOL....I saw it too...
wondered whether it is temporary or not.

xjamestar

Post by xjamestar » Sep 6th, '07, 00:56

whoa isnt that girl fighting for su ae's baseball player bf from a girl band or something? i knew looks wasnt everything to be in a band but dam shes X_X

val009

smooth skin & question?

Post by val009 » Sep 14th, '07, 20:15

sponge_girl wrote:so far not bad. but damn, HD really shows stuff you never noticed. the main girl (don't know her name) does not have smooth skin.
haha i noticied that too!!! that is so funny...i thought i was the only one ^^

also, i had a quick question.....how come the lead character byun hyung-tae's ex hasn't come on the show yet? am i missing something here?

although i didn't think hyung-tae was that hot, i came across this pic: :P http://www.mykofan.com/_Ends__Outs__-21 ... Drama.aspx

haven't seen the first pic ever so i thought i'd share! *DROOL

thislove

Post by thislove » Sep 19th, '07, 04:59

I really tried watching this drama but after ep. 4 the young bf was just too annoying for me.

a-chan8269

Post by a-chan8269 » Sep 24th, '07, 19:06

The last episode n°16 has been aired. Does anyone has any spoiler on it??? How does the series end??? Does Hyung Tae and Nan Hee finally get together???

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 24th, '07, 20:48

No spoilers !!! :O Oh I'm loving this series. It's so cute especially between the two main characters. Yah the young boyfriend did get annoying later on, but he won't stay that long, i mean from the beginning it was so obvious they can't be together since too many problems to overcome. Plus she ( I'm forgetting her name) has a gorgeous best guy friend who's so hilarious on every scene, how can you not fall for that. They look good together.

I do remember the girl from Love Letter though but that drama bored me to death so never got to finishing it. :scratch: But I like her part in this drama for being stronger. I hate weak character types you know.

a-chan8269

Post by a-chan8269 » Sep 24th, '07, 21:06

garnet07 wrote:Plus she ( I'm forgetting her name) has a gorgeous best guy friend who's so hilarious on every scene, how can you not fall for that. They look good together.
+10000 Hyung tae is absolutely gorgeous :wub: And his personnality is so cute and funny. He makes me laugh on every episode!! (Nan Hee too when she wore that awful 'beauty' mask )
:roll I want one like that ( an 'Hyung' not a mask XD)

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Sep 27th, '07, 13:57

great drama!!!!!!!!!!!

JoKing

Post by JoKing » Sep 29th, '07, 21:23

Hey,

Quick q: What's the name of the actor that played Jun Mo?

I know I've seen him somewhere else but can't think...

:scratch:

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » Oct 7th, '07, 14:56

I loved this drama!!! Just did a marathon of the last 3 episodes last nite and it sure made me walk away feeling good... :wub: If you are a fan of romantic comedies, I strongly recommend you to watch this one :-) I have watched Jeong Jin's acting before, but he never really left an impact on me. However, he did, in this drama. Both him and Su Ae played their casts really well and their friendship is really one-of-a-kind. Hyung Tae is always there for Nan Hee and Nan Hee can talk about almost anything to Hyung Tae comfortably :roll Ok, no more spoilers. *grin* All in all, you gotta watch this one!!! :thumright:

JoKing:

Lee Sang Woo was starring as Lee Jun Mo. And he acted in 18 vs. 29... coincidentally with the same girl, Chun Hee, who was also starring in 9 End 2 Outs :lol

elaidiosa

Post by elaidiosa » Oct 7th, '07, 15:13

i :heart: this series! it was mature, funny and great over all! :lol
plus add in the hotness of hyung tae ang jun mo...where can you go wrong? :wub: :lol
i do think it was kinda overlooked though...too bad really...

daisy97

Post by daisy97 » Oct 11th, '07, 02:02

I just finished this drama after Coffee Prince. This drama is really great for romantic comedy. The story line is good as it explores the friendships and relationshiip of this group of good friends. It questions whether a guy and a girl can really have a platonic relationship. In this case they did but in reality I think it is difficult to have a really good friend of the opposite sex and not get emotionally involved with him or her. Somehow love can build up as they live together and give each other support. That is why match make marriages do work in fact.
Any one care to throw in your thoughts

jess22

Post by jess22 » Oct 22nd, '07, 07:52

OK, I didn't actually read any of the posts because I was afraid of spoilers... so if this has been asked then sorry!

I'm just starting to watch this, but according to the synopsis, it makes it seem like she hasn't seen Byun Hyung Tae for a long time.

But based on the first episode it looks like she's always kept in contact with him.

Is that the case? Thanks!

xtehdeb

Post by xtehdeb » Oct 22nd, '07, 22:18

cute drama(:
love the main leads.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Oct 26th, '07, 06:09

This darma is quite good^^ After first episode I was rooting for Hyung Tae and Nan Hee to end up together. I will hope!! Tehya are so cute togehter all they do and all they say it's all just so sweet. Even if they end up being just friends that's ok as long as they are together^^

Kind of reminds me of Dal Ja's Spring cuz they all work at the same company, their bosses are funny and they are always talking about age. As if when you turn 30 it's the end of your life. gee there is still more 30 years before you turn into granny...

hehrharz

Post by hehrharz » Oct 28th, '07, 09:39

I haven't watched this one....but I thing it's a cute series...^^
I will watch it in this week...for you all, I found a nice site about korean drama online streaming and I have found this series there too but haven't watched it. See it at my signature ^^

Thank you for arabian too, for sharing the OSTs of this series ^^

hehrharz

Post by hehrharz » Oct 29th, '07, 19:49

I have watched the first episode...and I don't really like the story ...the Goong S is much better

srs.cassiopeia

Post by srs.cassiopeia » Nov 3rd, '07, 12:22

i loved this series. staying sober from korean dramas after coffee prince coz i didn't want to get disappointed by a series not as light-hearted as it was, i was glad to have found 9 end 2 outs. =D it kept me smiling the whole time. i'm really a sucker for bestfriends-to-lovers stories =)

btw, jun mo was a member of the cast in almost love, which stars kwon sang woo and kim ha neul =) he played kim ha neul's boyfriend. i also wondered who he was cause he looked so familiar =P

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Nov 4th, '07, 15:05

I just saw ep10 and I think it's getting boring. Atmosphere sure is sweet and nice but it feels like nothing is happening at all. Since the ex-girlfriend came back (what a clique) I think it will get maybe even nasty xD at least hope there will be some more action.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Nov 22nd, '07, 22:07

I dunno why but in the end Han Hee just annoyed me, her lips... I dunno why but I started to hate her lips, her voice, her face. Maybe I just got sick of it. Well it was REALLY cute drama overall but it got a bit boring though. Maybe because it didn't have particular plot... Well Nan Hee and Hyung TAe were such a cute couple, they had great chemistry too^^

cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Nov 23rd, '07, 00:55

This has been on my Drama To Watch list for a while, so I picked it up a few days ago and just finished it today.

It's more mature than a lot of the other dramas that I've seen and that made it more enjoyable.

The story dragged a bit towards the middle IMO, but all of the characters were really likeable and I was rooting for Nan Hee and Hyung Tae throughout the entire series. The ending really suited them, since the series wasn't really billed as a fairytale and the ending was sweet, but realistic.

I'd give it an 8/10. :cheers:

powlow

Post by powlow » Nov 23rd, '07, 01:10

i watched this whole drama at mysoju.com a couple of months ago fully subbed : /

leenzy

Post by leenzy » Feb 21st, '08, 14:25

i love this drama :wub: :wub: ..the intro was good :thumright: .. and it makes me laugh all the time when i watch d funny scenes :lol :lol :lol :lol ...it makes me interested on Lee Jung Jin (Hyung Tae :wub: :wub: )..even though he was in Love story in Harvard..i don't like him, but in this drama...I'm start to fall in love with him...such a good actors..he acted very well!!! eheheh...

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Mar 1st, '08, 12:51

I watched 11 episodes so far and it didn't drag a bit. Even if it's a little similar to "Full House", there is no cheesy romance, it's a very realistic drama about singles in their 30s who couldn't reach their dream or had to abandon other things or persons they loved to achieve their dreams. It may considered different in every society, but in the end a 30 year old "buddy-relationship" between a man and woman really seems impossible to me.
Then they are dating on the 4 day holiday and afterwards say "Let's forget it and assume it was just a dream" sounds just too ridiculous.
Even so, it's a great drama which I hope will not be drown in cliché's in the end. I just can't understand why it got so little attention. The male and female leads were really great and the female leads voice was just so mature, I really liked it. The male lead was funny many times.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Mar 1st, '08, 20:40

I just finished watching the drama (in 2 days :w00t: ) and was almost fully satisfied. This drama should be considered as a "Human Drama", instead of a"Romance drama". There were almost no clichés and it was refreshing;
even the ending was realistic and not like a "super happy" or "sad/tragic" ending that most romance drama have.
It's a good watch for those who are tired of the traditional "Romance/comedy" dramas full of clichés.

saby

Post by saby » Mar 1st, '08, 21:35

Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:I just finished watching the drama (in 2 days :w00t: ) and was almost fully satisfied. This drama should be considered as a "Human Drama", instead of a"Romance drama". There were almost no clichés and it was refreshing;
even the ending was realistic and not like a "super happy" or "sad/tragic" ending that most romance drama have.
It's a good watch for those who are tired of the traditional "Romance/comedy" dramas full of clichés.
i totally agree with you

nerwen

Post by nerwen » Aug 6th, '08, 20:39

I just finished to watch it and I really like this dorama. The story was very "human" and the acting was truly great...specially Lee Jung Jin´s. The chemistry and understanding between the two leading actors was very enjoyable, it seems to me that they were very comfortable with each other.
This story around old friends falling in love, suffering, fighting, dreaming in a realistic way...was a pleasure to watch.

PD. Was I the only one that cried a river watching the poor and "little" Kim Jung Joo sobbing? T___T

tsukia

Post by tsukia » Aug 8th, '08, 16:42

I watched it AND LOVED IT. The main characters work good together and it's really lovable. I highly recommend it, and I was happy to see it, while sad when it was over! I want to see more stories like this, if anyone want to give an idea about that =)

beki0701

Post by beki0701 » Mar 10th, '10, 15:33

love this drama. my only complaint was that the actress playing Hong Na Nee probably didn't get enough sleep while filming because she always has red eyes. And, she probably didn't eat either.

Tae Yang is so cute. Love Korean men in jeans.

leslie7622

flowers

Post by leslie7622 » Jul 29th, '10, 08:56

Who was sending Nanhee flowers? Was it Hyung Tae?
When was Hyung Tae's previously one sided love shown? Which episode?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 29th, '10, 18:47

I enjoyed this drama. Lead actor had recenly come out of military service and looked so fit. After that he got fat and did not act and was in variety shows with group of men. Funny... but he didn't look at all attractive.
Now I see he has been in the gym and is doing a film with Rain and he looks so good again.

Hitokiri
I wonder at the red banner re not doing cancer research. It begs for explanation.

Peggy