[Discussion] Ainori/Love Wagon Reality Show (Summaries)

Discuss about Japanese TV Variety, Music, Game and any other TV shows that is not drama.
Dark_Schneider_Py
Paraguay

Post by Dark_Schneider_Py » Dec 16th, '07, 13:49

I've only started watching Ainori from around June-July of this year, so I don't absolutely know anything about the whole Outlaw thing... Other than what was shown at the end of this week's episode...
Anybody willing to explain what was the reason he left the bus at that time, and why did he seem so pissed off? I'm pretty darn curious...
Thanks in advance :)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 16th, '07, 16:36

Ryou is totally not attractive.

his face bothers me :crazy:

^^;; (LoL, i sound so mean)

KupidKilla

Post by KupidKilla » Dec 17th, '07, 00:49

Don't feel bad Jules its not mean... Whenever he has that **** smirk I get the urge to hit him in his face... :lol

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Dec 18th, '07, 03:14

so begins the battle over remi. personally, i don't see what the big deal over ryou is. i think the show is just hyping him up. he must be really good-looking to jp girls cuz he doesn't seem to have any original lines. they're all the same. "oh, you're beautiful today." and the way he says them doesn't sound genuine at all (but i'm just reading the subs).

i'm proud of remi for returning the flower. even if she IS interested in that dude (let's hope not), she's at least saying, 'buddy, you're going to have to do a little more than that to get with me.

they're probably just doing it for the sake of the show, but it's weird to be fighting over the girl when she's right there. i've seen many guys do it subtly, but these guys may as well take out the boxing gloves!
anyways, the story about "the wall" was a very moving one, and in the tradition of ainori, it was a great feel-good story.

although i didn't know any of them, a hearty congrats to outlaw and his bride. that was a nice ainori success story as well.
Last edited by jholic on Dec 20th, '07, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 18th, '07, 13:30

Just finished 385~
seems like not a lot happened in this episode. which is fine. the side stories were cute. I'm happy for outlaw and goki (was that her name?). i wonder how long ago they were on the show.. how long has this show been running?
The berlin wall part was interesting. i always love when they throw a little history into the show.
and... i was super proud of remi for returning the flower. ^^
I think it's funny how the incredibly shy guy is going to get more air time than danny. ohhh, danny...

sorry i don't have much to comment on this episode!

Rollins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rollins » Dec 18th, '07, 17:16

If you want to read about the Outlaw and Goki scandal, the final episode in question is summarized here:

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=245

Dark_Schneider_Py
Paraguay

Post by Dark_Schneider_Py » Dec 18th, '07, 18:46

Thanks a lot!!!! :D

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Dec 20th, '07, 09:51

Rollins wrote:If you want to read about the Outlaw and Goki scandal, the final episode in question is summarized here:
http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=245
Rollins, thanks for posting that link (and thanks to Sylvain for writing it).

i remember reading about the incident briefly, but not quite understanding the ramifications of it. at the time, i was just dl'ing the eps for friends and i was not watching it myself. having read what occurred in that ep validates my belief that though there is a lot of editing and forced situations by the staff, there is also the element of reality in the show.

thanks to everyone here that brings the ainori joy to our living rooms.

Annj

Post by Annj » Jan 7th, '08, 05:20

Just finished watching 386 with the wonderful Rollins/Niki Subs:
I totally understand where Carbonara is feeling. I even understand how he lost interest in her. If she doesnt understand the value of money and hard work it could be a very difficult relationship to work in. I'm not saying it wouldnt work but it would take a lot of work and effort to make it work. But I'm really happy they showed that side of him because he seems like a more serious and responsible man now instead of a fun loving jokster. Which is good because those are the desired type in japan (eg. Teppei) Yay they showed Miya! Sometimes the show seems to focus on one thing I have television ADD I want to know what goes on with everything! Or maybe its because Im a woman and is nosy. O well...hopefully there are other love connections going on. BTW are they not taping the show on the road in HD?
Thanks again Rollins and Niki for making my long day at work end in a wonderful way! :cheers:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 12th, '08, 01:47

i laughed when the show started with the audience applauding because that's how i felt now that this was finally subbed by Rollins and Niki. 'hurray! ainori again!'
that bouncy breast machine story by momo was hilarious. i was laughing harder than the cameraman in the background.

it was interesting that carbornara decided to give up on remi. i think he's made the right decision. i think remi is smart enough to choose for herself. i don't think remi is out of carbo's league, but i do think that he should just let ryou fail and fall flat on his behind. this whole fighting between them was kinda childish and though it seemed right for ryou, it didn't fit carbo.

i think carbo would do good with momo. actually, i'm jealous of all the guys in that group. there's no bad one to choose from. there's no psychos like some (ahem) past contestants. and they're all very pretty, attractive, and fun-loving.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 12th, '08, 01:49

Annj: that was an interesting question about taping it in HD. when they showed the cameraman, it looked like he was holding a handheld. i have a feeling those handhelds are probably not hd cameras. do you think?

btw (off-topic) - those bulldogs really gave my warriors a whupping. they deserve a chance at the national title.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jan 12th, '08, 03:33

386~!

awww carbonara... I think he's doing the right thing. I agree that Remi is within his league.. but he'd be sooo much better with momo <3

and we finally witnessed danny and kuro talking about dancing!! well, kind of.. they were talking about the circles. LoL, i wish we had circles at my college. (were they called circles? LoL, i watched the episode like two days ago and i have a terrible memory ^^;; )

anyway, the childish men's fight is over and i'm happy about it. after having a severe girl's fight i wasn't really into a guy's fight so soon.

ganbatte carbonara-kun!!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 13th, '08, 00:43

yeah, i think carb's personality just seems to work better with momo. i personally think that dude ryou is going home alone. hopefully, remi is smart enough to spot that he has nothing to offer her.
yes, they were circles, but i'm not sure if you would want them, jules. to me, it sounded like cliques. and cliques tend to shut out people and narrow people's outlooks. but they're inevitable, so i'm sure they are around you. depending on where you work, you may see some there too.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jan 15th, '08, 21:32

eek~! yea, cliques are no good ^^;;

387-
omg, who can believe it? Ryou and Carb are friends!! LoL, how did that happen? You know, if this were a dorama and not a reality-type show, I would have totally been able to predict that they would end up being friends... but whoa.. who knew that stuff happened in real life? LoL. I'm happy they're friends. They are kinda cute together and I think Carbonara could be a really good influence on Ryou. I'm a little worried about the next episode though..

Oh and Miya kun!! what the...? LoL he kept inching away from Kuro! That's so sad. Either Kuro is thinking, "why am i so scary?" or "what is wrong with this kid?" by the look on her face i'm going to guess the latter. awww miya kun... he's so awkward and I love him for it.

Did you guys notice kuro wearing an eye patch? you can just kinda see it at 16:56. I wonder what's going on with that?

also... I was surprised to see how good of a dancer momo was in the opening credits. LoL

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 18th, '08, 04:00

jules: you're very observant. i didn't see any of those things you had mentioned. i had to go back and watch it again. #387 was a great ep.
although i didn't care for ryou, i have to give him a LOT of credit for coming down to earth and becoming friends with carb. i didn't have him as arrogant, but more like very childish. and to actually take the time to understand carb's background AND start to look to him as a friend or even a role model was quite impressive.

now that i saw the eye-patch on kuro, i'm wondering about it too! thankfully, in the scenes later in the ep, kuro looks fine, so i guess it wasn't serious.

ok, i'm an old dude, but i would rate momo at the top of the list right now. the story's all about remi, and for great reason. she's pretty, intelligent, well-mannered and 'elegant'. but i see her going out with more of an affluent guy. it seems like she's on this trip for exposure, or just cuz she's got some free time.

kuro is also attractive and nice, but it looks like she'd really enjoy dating a dancer like danny who shares her dreams.

momo's my choice. she's cute, funny, fun-loving, friendly. one thing that really impressed me was her story about the breast-enlarging machine. anyone who's able to laugh at themselves and be humble is always attractive.

and, jules, you're right. what's up with that miya-dude??!? he can't be THAT shy!! i wonder if they ask him to over-act it on camera, cuz in the opening credits, he seems to get along rather well with the others....

Annj

Post by Annj » Jan 18th, '08, 05:00

I only mention the HD thing because I noticed the screen change from announcers to a smaller screen of Ainori on the road. Lately I been very impressed that Japan has a lot of HD shows and channels where here in the States I only get 15 channels of HD because my cable provider only sends us those. Here in the States some reality shows are in HD (ie. sport games, The Amazing Race, Survior) so I wonder why Ainori isn't.
About Miya-kun, I'm really starting to worry about him. His shyness even affect group settings. San-kun was at least comfortable with males. I agree with you jholic I really like Momo also, I hope a really nice genuine guy comes along for her. Maybe Carbonara will start liking her which would be good and let Ryou have Remi because she is boring me.
Last edited by Annj on Jan 21st, '08, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.

newyorkjihen

Post by newyorkjihen » Jan 20th, '08, 21:08

Hi, I used to spam Sylvain's blog quite a bit under the same name. I just had to tell everyone how adorable I think Momo is, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

That fighting between Carbonara and Mr. Poser was really tiring. Carbonara has shown himself to have a strong character to end it, to befriend the loser, and to back away from Remi to not overcrowd her. I think Carbonara is really smart, giving her space, showing her that he's not jealous, etc.

There have been so many times when two people aggressively were going after one, and they usually both went home alone. Of course there are exceptions but still, I think Carbonara is playing all his cards right.
In the previews for the next episode when they show him confessing, there was a quick second shown of her really smiling, and that looks good for him. But if it wasn't for that I'd have to guess she'd say no because their backgrounds are so different.

Maybe dorkface will do what has happened a few times in the past and give us a double kokuhaku. He's shown us is that he is used to getting his way without trying and is also immature. But in my opinion he's a follower not a leader and maybe he will follow Carbonara's lead once again.
But how would I know? They've mostly been showing Carbonara's relationship with jerkwad instead of him talking to Remi. Anyway, screw these guys, show us more Momo.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 22nd, '08, 03:11

hey jihen, welcome to the discussion. i appreciated sylvain trying to give us a synopsis of each ep. now, we're blessed with Rollins and Niki.

Ta10

Post by Ta10 » Jan 24th, '08, 21:53

Long time watcher..but haven't really posted till now. :-)

ep.389
It's kind of sad to see Carbonara go since he was the most entertaining out of the group. Albeit a "sausage fest," it was moving to see all the male bonding at the end. Having said that, I think it was pretty obvious that Remi wasn't going to go back with him to Japan. She didn't seem all that moved when Carbonara confessed to her and gave her the tickets the night before. But then again, it doesn't seem like she's all that emotional altogether. I don't think I've ever seen Remi get emotional once when a member left the Love Bus. I also have to join the band wagon..Momo is probably my favorite! She is too cute! Am I the only one or did she look better with her hair down in this episode?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 29th, '08, 05:04

Ta10, welcome to the discussion. you are mighty fast. i only caught up to 388.
i thought this ep was a bit disappointing. after seeing the friendship btwn carb and ryou grow, carb goes back to sulking?

anyways, i do wish carb the best of luck, but i don't have a good feeling about this. remi hasn't given him much signals that she is interested in leaving with him. i wonder if he should have pursued momo.

and what about danny and kuro?
Rollins, i have to also thank you for NOT subbing the preview of the next show (at the end of each ep). i hate previews because they often give away too much. i try not to watch previews at all.

murdocknakashima

Post by murdocknakashima » Jan 29th, '08, 07:16

Well, you have to appreciate the short and sweet kokuhaku and reply the next day. I think Carbonara did a great job with his kokuhaku, but as with most failed attempts, it was way too early. Although, even with time, I don't think she would've went with him anyway. He could've saved her from a burning love wagon and she still wouldn't go with him.

I noticed that the producers got this thing now with picking real quiet, shy guys. Wasn't like that before. They should do more updates with older cast members. Started watching this back when Fragile was the theme song, but stopped after NGN stopped airing it ... had to rent it to watch it, even then the video store was about three weeks behind. Started watching "religiously" again probably around last January. I wonder what they'll do when they finish this go around the world.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 1st, '08, 01:42

murdock: dude, welcome to the discussion board!

anyways, here's my take:
a pretty emotional ep. but i really thought it was premature of carb to be giving remi the ticket. again, i think it's just ainori's creators 'persuading' the participants into action. remi turned down carb, but do you really think she's interested in ryou? i'm not so sure. he comes off as too much of a player.

one prediction is that they will need to have miya retire. the guy is not really lending anything to the story.

i also believe they will need to start focusing on danny and kuro - although the preview showed something about momo. hurray, momo!

also, i was impressed by the ainori SCHOOL they built. that was generous of them to donate that.

murdocknakashima

Post by murdocknakashima » Feb 1st, '08, 18:09

This may be a dumb question, but could someone PM me that html tag for the spoiler box. Got comments about the show, but would like to put in the spoiler box just in case people haven't seen the latest ep. yet. Thanks in advance.

newyorkjihen

Post by newyorkjihen » Feb 1st, '08, 19:01

Click the "post reply" button, it gives you more options than the quick reply. There is a spoiler button and "close tags" to close it. But if you just want to type it:

[spoiler] Momo is cute, but that smell fetish thing is kind of weird. [/spoiler]

As for what jholic said, I too wonder if the producers pressure the members to confess or retire sometimes. Maybe suggestions, but also downright forcing them in extreme cases.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 1st, '08, 23:27

murdock: as jihen suggested, either hit the POST REPLY button on the bottom of the thread, or the QUOTE button on the upper right-hand corner. i was wondering why you were embedding your posts with <blockquote>, but i think you were trying html language. i edited some of your posts. trust me, it took me awhile to figure things out as well. still learning.

after you've clicked on POST REPLY, type what you want, highlight it with your cursor, and click SPOILER. it'll automatically embed it for you.

=========================

jihen: it seems like it, ne? i've seen several times where a longtime member will just meet a new member and after just TWO shows, the dude's like "yeah, she wants me. i'm going to ask her give up this free, worldwide, expenses-paid vacation and go back home with me." what??? :blink

i think the producers should either lengthen the show (to provide more dialogue and show more interaction) or cut down on flashbacks. there are times when they show so many flashbacks that *i* flash back to old dragonball z eps where there was 23 mins about the previous episode and 7 mins of new footage.

but i enjoy ainori more for its educational qualities than the actual relationship situations. it just adds an amusing flavor to it.

murdocknakashima

Post by murdocknakashima » Feb 2nd, '08, 00:16

Thanks for the tuturial guys. Didn't even see that button you mentioned. Partially because I make the text size bigger so I can sit back in my chair ... i'm a lazy guy ... hahahaha.

anyways ....
Yeah, I think Momo is cute too. I thought she was cute from earlier, but her following around Seiji and smelling him is kind of weird.

And Seiji, I can see him retiring in the future. If he's all mopey like this now, I don't think he'll even snap out of it. Not unless one of the girls really comes on hard, which right now, doesn't look like will happen since they are so put off by his weak mind.

I like Miyakun, but he looks like he'll retire too. He doesn't seem like he's attracted to any of the girls. And the girls are obviously not attracted to him. Sad times.

I think they should get off of Remi ... she's super cute, but she's a lost cause. They should focus more on Dani and Kuro. Even more so now since Cabonara is gone. Seiji doesn't look like he brings much to the table, likewise with Miyakun.

I really hate to say it, but the current seven they have now isn't all that interesting. But you know what, I'm still going to watch it ... don't know what it is, but I love this show.
How do you guys like the current theme song? It's taking a while for me to get into it. I caught on to the last two pretty fast ... Choutokyu and My Love, but I'm glad that they changed it. Was getting kind of sick of My Love. [/spoiler]

coachie

Post by coachie » Feb 2nd, '08, 09:18

Momo and Kuro in the bus were so cute and hilarious :lol

I LOL'ed at the chocolate part, and just to clarify it's not "normal" or a tradition to stuff people with chocolate when they come visit you, it can be anything from sweets to cakes to snacks. I mean isn't it normal to serve visitors with something to eat in every country?

And they went to Phantasia Land, I always wanted to go there.

So far I don't like the new guy, but let's wait and see, maybe he'll grow on me.

Ta10

Post by Ta10 » Feb 2nd, '08, 14:03

I have to agree with everyone else that there is pressure put upon members to make a confession. They are running a TV show. If the story has run its course on a participant or their just dragging down the program, it's either they make a premature confession or retire with a "convenient" alibi. Sorry if I sound a bit cynical because I do believe a good amount of it is real as well. I also think time is a factor in all this, most of these participants I gather have lives and jobs to go back to in Japan so I'm sure that is also a motivating factor in either them doing a "kokuhaku" or the "retire." Either way, I think this is probably the funniest group of guys to be on the show, most of them don't seem all that interested in the girls or are too involved in their own problems to even notice their around. haha As for Momo, I guess she really does have a smell fetish. I can't believe she was sniffing the new guy out! But what smells is she picking up? General body odor? Pheromones? Or hoping that he's wearing her favorite Cologne?

lumines

Post by lumines » Feb 6th, '08, 01:07

Ta10 wrote:
I have to agree with everyone else that there is pressure put upon members to make a confession. They are running a TV show. If the story has run its course on a participant or their just dragging down the program, it's either they make a premature confession or retire with a "convenient" alibi. Sorry if I sound a bit cynical because I do believe a good amount of it is real as well. I also think time is a factor in all this, most of these participants I gather have lives and jobs to go back to in Japan so I'm sure that is also a motivating factor in either them doing a "kokuhaku" or the "retire." Either way, I think this is probably the funniest group of guys to be on the show, most of them don't seem all that interested in the girls or are too involved in their own problems to even notice their around. haha As for Momo, I guess she really does have a smell fetish. I can't believe she was sniffing the new guy out! But what smells is she picking up? General body odor? Pheromones? Or hoping that he's wearing her favorite Cologne?
lol yea that was so funny when she was sneaking up on the new guy just to get a quick sniff of him. but i think she lost interest in him now since he keeps pinning his ex on everyone =D

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 7th, '08, 05:24

murdock: regarding the theme song, i can't say i'm totally sold on it. i felt the opposite. i was a little disappointed that they took away the girl theme song and replaced it with the guy one. but it's growing on me.
i actually think kuro doesn't really care for danny. i mean it was a little 'too' convenient to have two dancers go on the show together. given how excited kuro was when a new member was announced, she can't be too hung up on danny.
anyways, does anyone watch amazing race? on the show, i notice they have started to name the couples, making them a bit easier to identify. but even then, the audience begins to see personality traits of the competitors and IDs them as such - the arguing couple, the two babes, etc.
i bring that up because i think ainori does that, but could learn to be a bit more subtle. momo = smell fetish. ryou = flashy. miya = shy. etc. i don't know if ainori tells jholic, 'ok, you're going to be the old, outta-shape dude. so every chance you get, act old and out of shape.' (very easy for me.)
OR
does ainori just capture video footage of things and 'creatively edit' things to make it seem their way. i have a hard time believing momo would just be sniffing dudes in public and so OBVIOUSLY. it makes me wonder if the creators asked her to go there and see if he smells good. when she does so, they capture it on video and tells the audience she's the smell fetish girl.
another example is ryou. it's painful watching him try so hard to be flashy. he had a lot of girlfriends? are you serious? acting this way? yes, i can imagine him being a casanova dude, but he's gotta have a LOT better game than what he's showing on tape.

what do you guys think?

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Feb 7th, '08, 05:35

hi peepz. just started watching this, tho been watching it backwards >_>. 390 > 386 :D. ah well, still good. very hilarious! carbanora is a cool guy.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 8th, '08, 01:28

Neji-sama, watching it backwards? i'm not sure about that. you see all the spoilers ahead of time. wouldn't it be more fun to collect as many as you can and watch it from the start?

xiaogou

Post by xiaogou » Feb 11th, '08, 07:40

Annj wrote:I only mention the HD thing because I noticed the screen change from announcers to a smaller screen of Ainori on the road. Lately I been very impressed that Japan has a lot of HD shows and channels where here in the States I only get 15 channels of HD because my cable provider only sends us those. Here in the States some reality shows are in HD (ie. sport games, The Amazing Race, Survior) so I wonder why Ainori isn't.
Actually for shows like Ainori is unlike many other reality shows. They need to keep their camera on 24/7. Even using the most advanced HD compression format, AVC, it would take up at least 3GB/hr, taking into consideration that the highest quality is used because it is a television broadcast. A day of shooting for 24 hrs will be 72GB per camera. 4 concurrent cameras will be 288GB. If we estimate this amount in a conservative manner, they have to deal with 288GB of data for 2 days of shooting, which is 1TB+ per week. Calculating more conservatively, if we cut this amount by 1/4 if only 2 cameras are used at night, it would still be about 800-900GB.

Quite an impossible amount to store and process, although current harddrive technologies can store 1TB or more, excluding backups.

Many factors needs to be considered when sending images to Japan. Physical sending is to send the data physically by travelling back to Japan in places where internet connections are not available. Over the net sends data over the internet back to Japan, but that will depend on the speeds available in that country. Risks are involved in every way: what if a flight gets delayed? What if the files sent are corrupted? What if the files didn't get sent on time? I find it amazing on how they process videos the way they do with non-HD format already.

With schedules so tight, files soooo big, it is not possible with current technologies to broadcast Ainori in full HD simply because it is LIVE action and videos have to be processed every week, not one-shot processing, like many US reality shows.

I'm guessing staff on the Ainori trip will draft an events storyboard for every week, sends it back to Japan, and from there an editor in Japan picks out events from that storyboard to fit relevant, interesting scenes into a 20 minute segment, which will derive a summarised storyboard marked with shooting times for video editing.

Hope it clears your doubt. :D

ogasawara2

Post by ogasawara2 » Feb 11th, '08, 15:27

I hope Miya doesn't retire, he's my favorite current member. He's totally clueless but so sweet.

392:
Besides, it looks like maybe they are trying to set up a Danny -> Momo and Miya -> Momo triangle or something? Between Ryo playing that prank on Danny, and suddenly Miya hanging out with Momo like that, who knows...

Remi's birthday was awesome. I'm surprised Ryo didn't take more credit for it. Though him holding hands with her later on was really cute :)

And something's got to be brewing for next week since Masami was crying like that in the previews. I'm guessing maybe Ryo just goes ahead and kokuhaku's soon, especially since he just sat around moping for 5 days while Remi was having eye trouble. It is true that this particular group isn't really all that... active, I guess. But switching even one member could really spice things up. I blame them for bringing Seiji on. He's just such a bonehead. Why bring on a guy who can't get over his ex... isn't that as bad as bringing on a guy who's still involved with someone? sheesh.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 15th, '08, 01:16

xiaogou: that was an excellent perspective of why it isn't broadcast in HD. unlike amazing race, in which i believe the edits are done AFTER the race is finished, ainori is broadcast weekly, so of course, the amount of data has to be a consideration. how would they upload terabytes of info from fiji?

ogasawara, you're waaay too fast. i'm only up to ep391.
that was quite a dirty trick they pulled on danny. i feel bad for the guy. again, i still think it was necessary to start something with him since i don't think he and kuro have any interest for each other. momo's a great choice, but it's still mean to lead the dude on.

i learned a lot in this ep: "thumbs of love", "everest woman", germany's work schedule, "death from overwork", etc.

the thumbs of love part really cleared things up about ryou. i was wondering how the heck a guy so annoying could go out w/ so many women. but the texting and stuff kinda explains it.

it also seems like miya-kun is going to surprise people. my guess is he surprises everyone that he likes momo (as ogasawara said). then they can do an unlikely love triangle w/ him, momo and danny. (i know miya picked kuro in the costume contest, but sometimes, you choose someone else deliberately so no one knows who you really like.) opinions?

murdocknakashima

Post by murdocknakashima » Feb 15th, '08, 06:17

Just finished watching #391 and #392...
With how everything is going, I don't see Ryou going back with Remi. In fact, I see Remi going back because she retires. Either because she can't find anyone or something forces her to go back home. She's cute and all, but man, she's cold. I think Ryou is trying a little too hard too. I wonder if he feels obligated to go after her because of his friendship with Carbonara. Maybe?

I would actually like to see more of Miya and Momo. I think they look pretty cute together. Although, you guys may be right about them trying to start a triangle with Danny. They actually wouldn't look too bad together either, but I'd rather see Miya and Momo.

Yeah, this group doesn't have too much action going on with them. Kind of hard when for the majority of the trip Remi was the only one that had suitors. I'm still surprised that with similar interests, Kuro and Danny aren't "closer." Oh well...

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Feb 15th, '08, 09:18

jholic wrote:Neji-sama, watching it backwards? i'm not sure about that. you see all the spoilers ahead of time. wouldn't it be more fun to collect as many as you can and watch it from the start?
Yeah I know but there was hardly any seeders :(. Oh well, hopefully we'll get a batch or something someday =)!

ogasawara2

Post by ogasawara2 » Feb 18th, '08, 14:40

ah, I'm ahead because I just watch the episodes as they air now. in the last few months I pretty much made a weekly routine of being home on Monday nights to watch SMAPxSMAP and Ainori :)

so I just saw 393 and, oh man.
Ryo's confession was LAME. I couldn't believe he was just sitting there talking about Carbonara for 30 minutes before confessing, sheesh. But yeah, you could tell he was going to definitely confess by the end of thie episode by the way things were going.

I'm really wondering what Remi's gonna do. I agree with the people here who say she's too cold to go back with him and she'll probably retire if anything... but... I mean... she DID say to the producers she was thinking of going back with him, right? It could sort of be a semi-retiring. Like, she's sick of Ainori and thinks there might be a tiny chance stuff would work out with Ryo, so she'll go back with him, and if stuff doesn't work out, oh well...

but of course the preview made it look like she says no. as always.

oh well, either way at least the Remi-Ryo plot is over now! YAAAAAAYY!!!!

also the sausages scene at the beginning was HILARIOUS.

I hope the new guy who replaces Ryo isn't as completely useless as Seiji.

xiaogou

Post by xiaogou » Feb 18th, '08, 14:43

ogasawara2 wrote:ah, I'm ahead because I just watch the episodes as they air now. in the last few months I pretty much made a weekly routine of being home on Monday nights to watch SMAPxSMAP and Ainori :)
Wow that's pretty quick. LOL I'm still waiting for the subtitles for #392. Can't wait! :w00t: [/quote]

xiaogou

Post by xiaogou » Feb 19th, '08, 10:58

ogasawara2 wrote:I hope Miya doesn't retire, he's my favorite current member. He's totally clueless but so sweet.

392:
Besides, it looks like maybe they are trying to set up a Danny -> Momo and Miya -> Momo triangle or something? Between Ryo playing that prank on Danny, and suddenly Miya hanging out with Momo like that, who knows...

Remi's birthday was awesome. I'm surprised Ryo didn't take more credit for it. Though him holding hands with her later on was really cute :)

And something's got to be brewing for next week since Masami was crying like that in the previews. I'm guessing maybe Ryo just goes ahead and kokuhaku's soon, especially since he just sat around moping for 5 days while Remi was having eye trouble. It is true that this particular group isn't really all that... active, I guess. But switching even one member could really spice things up. I blame them for bringing Seiji on. He's just such a bonehead. Why bring on a guy who can't get over his ex... isn't that as bad as bringing on a guy who's still involved with someone? sheesh.
Agreed.
It seems that Miya-kun has liked Momo for a long time... Danny is just the victim of this strange twist of fate. (actually I pity him, getting laughed at by everyone simply because he wanted to try if he could be with Momo) I will really love Momo and Miya (M&M hahaha!) together, and I do believe that Momo does have a good feeling being with Miya-kun, and the shoelaces thing was just surprising and sweet. Awww....

Remi-sama is a scary, cold woman. She seems to be someone that have a very good idea of what she wants, and not easily moved by anyone's action to even get just 1cm closer to what she's thinking. Scary everest onna. That said, I've always seen Ryou as a player boy, someone that only realise that his feelings aren't there anymore after he has gotten the girl. It might still be good for him even if he can't get Remi, since he had always used the thumbs of love... thinking words that are hardest to express vocally can be told using those thumbs. Right now, it is just much harder, and perhaps meeting a everest onna can help him grow a lot.

Rollins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rollins » Feb 19th, '08, 20:14

ogasawara2 wrote:ah, I'm ahead because I just watch the episodes as they air now. in the last few months I pretty much made a weekly routine of being home on Monday nights to watch SMAPxSMAP and Ainori :)

so I just saw 393 and, oh man.
Ryo's confession was LAME. I couldn't believe he was just sitting there talking about Carbonara for 30 minutes before confessing, sheesh. But yeah, you could tell he was going to definitely confess by the end of thie episode by the way things were going.

I'm really wondering what Remi's gonna do. I agree with the people here who say she's too cold to go back with him and she'll probably retire if anything... but... I mean... she DID say to the producers she was thinking of going back with him, right? It could sort of be a semi-retiring. Like, she's sick of Ainori and thinks there might be a tiny chance stuff would work out with Ryo, so she'll go back with him, and if stuff doesn't work out, oh well...

but of course the preview made it look like she says no. as always.

oh well, either way at least the Remi-Ryo plot is over now! YAAAAAAYY!!!!

also the sausages scene at the beginning was HILARIOUS.

I hope the new guy who replaces Ryo isn't as completely useless as Seiji.
Well, I just finished watching 393 as well...
Unfortunately, they're not showing the next episode until March 3! It's only a week break but I need immediate resolution when it comes to confessions, haha.

So, I spoiled the result of two weeks from now and looked it up online. Since a lot of the Ainori people have blogs online, there's this one site that looks them over and has quite a few spoilers on them (because these things aren't happening in real time obviously).

I've already looked up the answer to what happens with Ryou and Remi...if you'd like to know what I found out, give me a PM and I'll let you know what I read. I don't want to ruin it here if you just happened to click on this by accident!
Last edited by Rollins on Feb 22nd, '08, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

Annj

Post by Annj » Feb 20th, '08, 06:23

Just finished #292:
I'm really starting to like Ryou more. He has certainly matured! Maybe its because he can't lose his interest somewhere esle. He seems like the type that if he doesnt get the girl he just moves on. I'm hoping that he has finally matured and realized what feelings are. It seems that Remi is starting to see the change in him as well. Now on to Momo, I'm glad Miya likes Momo because she is a great gal however she didn't clear up the misunderstanding with Danny meaning she might like him. Maybe she is just waiting for a guy to make the first move. I hope she finds love because she is a really interesting character. Secretly I see her as such a happy funny person that I would like her to be with someone like that also (eg. Carbonara). :whistling: I also wish we can see Kuro and Momo together more. They seem to be quite a pair!
xiaogou (small dog?): thanks for your insight on the HD thing. I just thought after they film they might upload it to the studios for a faster editing process. Its how I would do it but then I don't really know much about the filming process.
Btw does anyone esle notice that Ainori uses a lot of music from other shows??? I am a jdrama addict I admit that but when I watch Ainori I hear the insert songs and I can think of other shows it was used. Does anyone else catch that?

murdocknakashima

Post by murdocknakashima » Feb 24th, '08, 01:32

i just finished watching #393 today...
I don't really think Remi and Ryou matches too well, but how's them producers eh? It's almost like there's some kind of clause in their agreement that if a couple goes back and they break up within a certain time frame, they get compensated by the shows ... the kinds of questions the producer was asking. Almost like he was trying to change her mind and not so much trying to get her the think about it more carefully.

I agree with everyone else though ... i'm glad that this will be over (remi and ryou). Seiji is useless as well (right now), but I'm sure something will happen with him in the future. I don't think they'd let a dud like that enter the show if they didn't think something interesting would happen.

As for Rollins' offer ... I kind of want to know what happens ... i'm like him, I hate to watch a show knowing that there is a kokuhaku and I can't watch the following episode right away, but in this case ... i think i'll wait for the answer. Is there a news special next week? isn't that usually the reason why it gets pushed back?
Don't you guys find it kind of interesting that they (Ai Nori) set up a few schools in African countries, but they haven't been to 75%+ of the countries in Africa? I just noticed it when watching this past episode when they show the map of which countries they have already visited that they really haven't been to many countries in Africa.

xiaogou

Post by xiaogou » Feb 26th, '08, 04:32

393:

LOL!

robw23105

Post by robw23105 » Feb 27th, '08, 01:04

does anyone know the name of the insert song when Remi comes back recovered (in 392 & in the intro to 393)? I've had it stuck in my head for a while, and I'm dying to know what it's called. :lol

Rollins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rollins » Feb 27th, '08, 01:36

robw23105 wrote:does anyone know the name of the insert song when Remi comes back recovered (in 392 & in the intro to 393)? I've had it stuck in my head for a while, and I'm dying to know what it's called. :lol
"Free" by Sawajiri Erika

robw23105

Post by robw23105 » Feb 27th, '08, 21:37

Rollins wrote: "Free" by Sawajiri Erika

Ahh, tyty.:cheers: I suppose I should've expected that.

xiaogou

Post by xiaogou » Feb 28th, '08, 15:32

murdocknakashima wrote:i just finished watching #393 today...
I don't really think Remi and Ryou matches too well, but how's them producers eh? It's almost like there's some kind of clause in their agreement that if a couple goes back and they break up within a certain time frame, they get compensated by the shows ... the kinds of questions the producer was asking. Almost like he was trying to change her mind and not so much trying to get her the think about it more carefully.

I agree with everyone else though ... i'm glad that this will be over (remi and ryou). Seiji is useless as well (right now), but I'm sure something will happen with him in the future. I don't think they'd let a dud like that enter the show if they didn't think something interesting would happen.

As for Rollins' offer ... I kind of want to know what happens ... i'm like him, I hate to watch a show knowing that there is a kokuhaku and I can't watch the following episode right away, but in this case ... i think i'll wait for the answer. Is there a news special next week? isn't that usually the reason why it gets pushed back?
Don't you guys find it kind of interesting that they (Ai Nori) set up a few schools in African countries, but they haven't been to 75%+ of the countries in Africa? I just noticed it when watching this past episode when they show the map of which countries they have already visited that they really haven't been to many countries in Africa.
Well...
I still remember Remi saying in some previous episode that she isn't lost about her rejection of Carbonara. The truth is really revealed now isn't it? Turns out that she's the one that is the most lost in her feelings, unlike Carbonara or Ryou that are sure of their feelings towards the one they like.

Ryou should understand too that even if Remi decides to go back with him, Remi is just too much a person that is strong in the outside, yet would be too lost and naive to know about the consequences of not knowing how much she truely likes someone, and how it can hurt others if her uncertainly leads to a fallout. For Remi, I would say she is rather self-centered in many ways.

Remi's rejection to Ryou would have been an easier resolution to end her confusion, as well as not continuing to drag Ryou down her pit-less range of confusion. Ryou would be then able to move on, and gain benefits from the so many things he learnt from the trip.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 1st, '08, 08:19

ohisashiburi desune~! Wow!! I haven't posted in awhile. Sorry guys ^^;; I just went through a nasty break-up myself and just couldn't bring myself to watch ai nori for awhile. but I just had a nice little marathon tonight and man... I missed this show!! LoL, i always forget how much I love this show.

Okay... so my thoughts up to ep 393
wah~! carbonara!! well... it was a sad farewell to him. we all knew Remi wasn't going home with him.. oh well, my best to him. Seems like he was a very well-loved person on the show.

Hmmm... Remi-sama... she really pisses me off a lot. >.< probably because I know her type.. But.. I do hope she goes home with Ryou. Ryou has really grown up a lot and it's silly because in a way he is more childish. LoL, but I believe that is only because he is more honest with himself and his feelings. I kinda like the kid now and I really hope that things work out well with him. Even though, i believe if he and Remi did go home together she would eventually dump him. It's good that she is starting to become more curious about what it's like to truly like someone. I just hate to see Ryou be used like that >.<

and Danny. LoL. Oh goodness I love Danny. Oh man... poor guy though. hah, i feel bad that I like him so much because he is a little dim-witted and gullible. the trick played on him was in bad taste.. but he's so darling!!! he totally likes momo now. and I think momo could be a could candidate for him. I definitely agree that kuro and danny just don't match up well together.

now miya-kun! awww he'd be so cute with momo too. I really don't know who I would root for if a triangle emerged. it was so darling when momo tied his shoes for him. I'm really happy to see him trying finally. even though he still doesn't talk a lot.. it really takes a lot of courage to fight shyness.

hahahaha... oh the new guy... LoL, he'll probably retire.

hmmm.. is that everything? eh, that's good enough for now.

newyorkjihen

Post by newyorkjihen » Mar 1st, '08, 23:32

I am really excited to see #394. I can't wait !!!
They've really been showing the good side of Ryou lately. I can't forget how cheesy he was at first, but now we get to see earnestness and insecurity which I admit it is endearing. I don't know what to expect from the kokuhaku because of this last minute curveball. The producers are good at what they do, right?

I kind of hope for Ryou's sake that she says yes, but for Remi's sake says no. My opinion is that he's more of a friend to her and she will miss him. But it hardly seems that she's head over heels in love, which is something I'd like to see develop in that cold heart of hers. I wonder if that time they were apart because of the problem with her eyes, she realized that he meant something to her. But how much is the question...

I have to say that I definitely think they made Ryou do his confession. It was no secret that he liked Remi, and in those cases I bet members are forced. When talking to the new guy he even hinted that he didn't have much time left. Anyone in their right mind would want to stay on longer and give the object of their affection more time. The same is true for Carbonara. He even tried to distance himself for a while, but it's futile, once they fall in love the countdown begins.

Anyway, after Ryou goes home alone we get to what I've really been waiting for all this time, the juicy story around Momo. She's a little devil, and I love it. I hope she lets down poor Miya kun gently.

ogasawara2

Post by ogasawara2 » Mar 3rd, '08, 14:51

Oh my GOD this was the most painful episode to watch. EVER. EVER! I was seriously ready to punch my TV by halfway through.

394:
I cannot believe that Remi's answer pretty much took the entire episode. I was yelling at my TV along with the hosts for half of it too. They REALLY know how to drag these things out! I really wasn't sure until they kissed that she was really going back with him. Even after she said "I like you", and then told him to wait and step back, the "not so fast", etc... seriously, she's SO indecisive.

I'm glad she's going back with him. I think even if she didn't, she'd retire anyway because it'd be pretty obvious she's just super-cold and isn't going to fall in love with anyone.

But I mean... even in the shot at the end of the show where they're like "Yay! Ainori's 41st couple!" I felt like Ryo looked really happy and Remi looked like "I'm still not sure what I'm doing... am I really going back with this guy?"

Oh well, hopefully Ryo learned a lot on this show and even if things didn't work out with him with Remi back in Japan (hmm... can someone post the blogs now of the characters, now that the episode has aired?) he might be a better person.

Hmm, from the previews it looked like there'll be an older (29-years or so? Danny's age?) woman and an "ikemen" guy coming on, maybe another Ryo-type. Either way, it's finally time to move on! Yaaaay!

Also, I can't believe Eiji said "he climbed Everest!!"
I think it's really funny that they say "People's Repubric of Germany" in the opening sequence. I just noticed that tonight.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 4th, '08, 02:23

welcome back, jules.

ogasawara: you're way too fast for me!

ainori392 & 393:
so do you guys think that miya and momo will actually form a love triangle with danny in the mix? that would be quite odd, but i think they have to make do with the people they have on the show.

remi is tough to figure out. i can almost understand her (even though my background is completely different). she's from a well-to-do family. carb was a nice guy, but probably not in the same league. and the way ryou behaves makes me wonder if he would fit remi either. all in all, i think because of remi's background, she really doesn't fit any of the guys currently on the show. but i guess that's not her fault.

i thought it was a very nice gesture of danny and kuro to put together a show for remi. i know it was probably ryou's idea, but the dancing had to be practiced and it must not have been easy. i honestly thought that when she had the problem with the eyes, that she would be sent home. guess not.

and did ryou have his hair in a clip or something??? what kind of guy has his hair like that??!?!!

anyways, i was impressed by the surfing in germany. water didn't look that nice, but it was neat to see waves like that.

i thought it was quite funny that the cameraMEN only showed the ladies sucking on those white sausages. that thing momo did surprised me. i'm not saying i'm complaining. just surprised. ha!

can't wait till the next one!

Ta10

Post by Ta10 » Mar 4th, '08, 17:51

Could there be a less romantic couple then these two? The hosts and the members made it out to be a warm and fuzzy ending but I didn't get that sense at all. Remi has no emotions whatsoever and she makes decisions slower than molasses. I didn't like Ryou but I really felt bad for him the way she kept dragging it on. If I was him, I would have just cut her off and said, forget it, your not worth all this. Anyway, good luck to them. Thank goodness it's over!

murdocknakashima

Post by murdocknakashima » Mar 6th, '08, 08:20

just finished #394
I pretty much knew the answer was going to take at least half of the episode, but the entire episode? that's a little much. sick thing is that this wasn't the longest answer ... I remember when Mie went back to Japan to find Suuzan to kokuhaku to him, his answer took over 30 minutes in real time. i thought that was pretty cool.

I kind of agree with some of the above posters as well that even in the end, it didn't seem like she knew what she really wanted to do.

I didn't really care for Ryou, but I guess he is somewhat of a nice guy ... surprised he didn't do what the hosts said ... just cut her off when she's saying good things, hug her and "help" her with her answer. instead, he waited it out.

I can honestly say that I'm glad they are going back so we don't have to see them anymore. Too much of the show was focused on them (partially because they are the only ones that had a thing going ... and that's probably due to the producers), but now they can focus on some other people.

And what's up with all of these older participants? Maybe that's why they are openly advertising for casting calls. Isn't this the second 29 year old woman that they've had on the show recently?

Anyways, now that this is over with we can get on to some new story lines.

Larc

Post by Larc » Mar 7th, '08, 06:09

I'm glad they're gone. The guy that can't get over his previous girl needs to go too.

Anyway, episode #394 was soooo stupid. A whole episode just for the proposal?

I bet the producers told Remi to drag it out. That was really annoying.

Sugaface

Post by Sugaface » Mar 10th, '08, 03:31

This show sounds really interesting to me. Where should I start? Should I start from 2005 or does this show have seasons?

ogasawara2

Post by ogasawara2 » Mar 10th, '08, 15:42

Sugaface: I would kind of suggest just... watching the last couple of episodes to get to know the current members and get context for what's going on, unless you REALLY want to know what happened before. A lot of the old stories are up on Sylvain's blog and such.

Anyway, I just watched #395 (on TV, not on torrent). I have no idea how much of this has to be behind a spoiler tag so I guess I'll just throw it all there:
First, the new kids. Umi, the guy, I don't really have any opinion of him yet. Yokko seems very sweet but I think she's doomed just because of her age, 29. I was surprised she didn't kick ass at ice skating since she's from Hokkaido :)

I really hope that Kuro doesn't seriously fall for the driver. WTF. When I saw him I was thinking "That's odd, aren't all the drivers supposed to be older and married? What's with this young cool guy in his mid-20's with long hair and all?" And then sure enough... yikes. That hockey scene... oh man.

Momo is so sweet, so is Miya. The scene where he asked her out to ask "why are you so touchy-feely?" was just too cute. Although Momo sniffing Seiji on the bus again was ALSO pretty silly.

Seiji, he's still nuts. I can't believe he's thinking of his ex and looking for coffeeshops.

Oh yeah, the scene where they'd all stepped in poop after going to meet Yokko was just TOO funny. I wonder why it took them 10 minutes to notice :)

Okay, so one more thing: does anyone else get the feeling the producers forced the Ryo-Remi plot because Ainori was about to move into a new country? As soon as I saw them say "Okay, we're going to Czech now!" my first thought was "aha, no WONDER he confessed."

murdocknakashima

Post by murdocknakashima » Mar 13th, '08, 08:27

just watched #395
You may be right about forcing the confession ... but my only reasoning for that is because they (the producers) knew they were going to employ a young driver in the next country. As soon as I saw the driver, I knew something was up. My gf was half watching the show and was like, "i thought that's against the rules?" (re: kuro and the young driver) ... unfortunately, it's not. must be pretty bad if the producers gotta stoop to this level to get interest in the group going ...

although, i did like what miya-kun did ... to an extent. i think he came off a little too rough with the touchy-feely question. it was a good step forward though. at least he's approaching a female to talk.

abara

Post by abara » Mar 13th, '08, 09:37

Re: the drivers
Members have fallen in love with drivers before. In South Africa, somewhere in the very vague area of episode 200 (I just looked it up--it was #220) there was a girl named Kaji who confessed to Dominic, the driver there, as they crossed the border to leave the country. He said yes but I can't imagine how it would have worked out. At any rate there was no follow-up to their relationship (though they never do that unless people get married or have kids).

As for the previous few episodes, I'm totally glad the Ryo and Remi thing is over. Carbonara was at least halfway interesting, but I thought Ryo was a total slob with a disgusting slurred voice and while I can't deny that he DID mature (verb), I didn't think he was truly mature (adjective) at the end. Remi had her own problems, but I can somewhat understand her cold nature, given that she'd probably been drooled on by creeps like Ryo all her life and that's bound to distort anyone's view of relationships. At any rate, they'll probably last three weeks until Remi makes up her mind and decides she doesn't like him, and Ryo goes chasing after someone else.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 14th, '08, 00:43

Sugaface: i would also suggest just dl'ing the last few eps and begin from there. if you go back too far, it will be difficult to participate with the current discussion. heck, even *I* can't keep up!!

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Mar 14th, '08, 01:16

okay
so you know how in the end they showed a clip of what to expect in the next episode? anyone have a prediction on why seiji was crying? all i saw was him saying "i'll carry that [momo's bag]" in two diff. clips. could it be that he is starting to fall for momo?? i think it would be really interesting if that is so, because then we all wouldn't have to listen to him whine and complain, and ainori would be interesting. any thoughts on why seiji was crying??

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 20th, '08, 00:38

ainori394 (still to watch 395):
ok, i agree with many of the posters above. even before i read your spoilers, i felt that the emotions were lacking in this one. it almost felt as if remi and ryou were told they were on the show too long and they had to make a decision. oooooh! i know what would be cool! what if remi took twelve and a half hours and we put a meter on the side of the screen to compensate for the lack of interest the audience is bound to have.

Larc: that was a good one. i also think ryou should have just said, 'on second thought, i'll just go back on my own.' can you imagine trying to order dinner with her?? anyways, as the show wore on, i lost a LOT of respect and admiration for remi. like others, i'm glad they're gone, but i have to say that they should just keep momo and kuro; send everyone else back.

i say momo cuz she's been very interesting and kuro since we haven't learned much about her. as shy as miya is, he's gonna take a season and a half to get enough courage to ask one of them. danny's chance with momo or kuro is shot, so what's he around for? and the other guy just keeps yakkin' about his ex.

i actually think they need better writers/editors. i like the show for its education and exploration, and the relationships are amusing. but sometimes, the plot and the acting look so scripted that it's too annoying.

hey, so who's in japan? i think Rollins is there. he should try for the ainori casting call!!! hahahaha!

Larc

Post by Larc » Mar 28th, '08, 13:43

No airnori this week? :(

jholic, if I lived in Japan, I would seriously try out the casting call! haha
Ok, Kuro falling for the driver? That is STUPID. That's more like a cheap crush than true love (finding true love is what the whole show should be about!) I guess it really shows how not serious Kuro is about finding a mate - still a little kid (aka GAKI) just going for foreign looks and not thinking ahead about the language barrier. But then again, I can understand the guys on the bus just isn't doing it for her.

The Ainori staff are such hypocrites. With Goki, they were saying she couldn't fall in love with the staff. Well, the Bus driver is part of the staff! I know there was that one girl who actually went home with the driver, but I really doubt that relationship lasted.

I think it's just cheap airing time about Kuro and the Bus driver.

And what the hell is up with the staff being Nazis? I don't understand just because Seiji was talking about soccer and the girls were uninterested, they have to scorn the guy. I mean, sure it was about time someone told him off but why does the staff have to get involved? It's reasonable if one of the Ainori members to tell him off, but the staff shouldn't have the right to say that, since they accepted him knowing the circumstance about him.

When Ainori first began, it felt way more natural, but now the staff/editors are really forcing things. I mean, sure the show is still entertaining, but they really sold out.

abara

Post by abara » Mar 29th, '08, 10:28

Hahaha! He called her Cujo!

Larc

Post by Larc » Mar 29th, '08, 13:50

Damn... no Ainori for 2 weeks?! Some kind of Spring special going on for other TV shows?

The bus driver doesn't just "wait on the back of the bus, having nothing to do" -- the staff definitely forced him to go there... haha but that was great.... "Cujo" needed to hear that.

And I bet the rainbow at the end was from a different day. Damn too many sneaky editing on the show. I doubt it's ever chronological.

Ok yeah, definitely that girl playing soccer bear foot was really cute.

The preview makes me curious... What the hell did Danny do to Miyakun? Poor guy...
Danny getting pissed over some chocolates and seaweed? haha

junkie_with_a_monkey

Post by junkie_with_a_monkey » Apr 15th, '08, 21:17

Hey guys,

I've translated 98% of 397 but a few lines are giving me trouble and was wondering if anybody could help me out or point me in the right direction to someone who could.

These are all from episode 397 and both parts are with Seiji talking with Yokko:
1. Around 07:10
よっこ:クロとか見てるとさほら素直でさ
ここ(あいのり)にいる子たち
しっかり自分持ってるなと思う

2. Around 07:31
せいじ:俺の場合は
逆に俺のことよく知ってる人が
だけ知っててくれればそれでいいや

よっこ:私もけっこう一時すごい
自分のことってあんまり
みんな解ってくれてないなって
思いがちな時があったけど
ただ自分が相手のこと
理解してないんだと思う
Can anyone help me out?

Larc

Post by Larc » Apr 16th, '08, 10:34

Well, direct translation for 'sunao' is like well-behaved but I think she means being honest.(about oneself)

クロとか見てるとさほら素直でさ
Looking at Kuro and stuff... they're honest, you know?

ここ(あいのり)にいる子たち
しっかり自分持ってるなと思
The people here on the show... I think they know for sure about themselves. (or they have a hold of themselves [of who they are])

something like that... translating stuff directly word for word never sounds right, but I think that's what she was trying to say.

abara

Post by abara » Apr 16th, '08, 20:07

junkie_with_a_monkey wrote: 2. Around 07:31
せいじ:俺の場合は
逆に俺のことよく知ってる人が
だけ知っててくれればそれでいいや

よっこ:私もけっこう一時すごい
自分のことってあんまり
みんな解ってくれてないなって
思いがちな時があったけど
ただ自分が相手のこと
理解してないんだと思う
Seiji: In my case, I'm actually fine with just the people who already know me, knowing me.

Yokko: There was a time when I really had a tendency to think that no one was understanding me, but now I think I just wasn't understanding them.

PS. lol danny

junkie_with_a_monkey

Post by junkie_with_a_monkey » Apr 17th, '08, 19:36

Super thanks! I had a tough time trying to understand what they were saying, especially Yukko's parts. It's much apprieciated.

I'm not that bigger fan of the current members, except for Momo who's pretty damn cute. I'm glad to see Seiji has finally stopped moping around though.

Meecha

Post by Meecha » Apr 20th, '08, 15:19

wow
danny retired eh?
pretty much stupid what he did and the host was right, he got no friends or love interest, whatsoever XD
i can't wait to see the new ikemen, they titled him as an oguri shun lookalike XD

sacchan

ainori400

Post by sacchan » May 6th, '08, 20:55

ainori400 = 400 TEARS!!!!
AND FOR THE SECOND TIME IT MADE ME CRY!

meowww

Post by meowww » May 14th, '08, 12:32

hello! is anyone uploading the latest ainori???

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » May 15th, '08, 23:11

you just need to be patient for the next one. i've been lucky with Rollins and Niki subbing again, but i'm only to 398. i'm hoping to join in this conversation again.

katzenjammin'

Re: ainori400

Post by katzenjammin' » May 16th, '08, 03:03

sacchan wrote:ainori400 = 400 TEARS!!!!
AND FOR THE SECOND TIME IT MADE ME CRY!
Heheh, I don't cry easily but watching this episode I came close. Especially when...
Seiji gave away his soccer ball, and the kids tasted chocolate for the first time.

Larc

Post by Larc » May 19th, '08, 19:41

Episode #401...

The whole AD collapsing was the dumbest crap ever. Totally fake setup and waste of air time.