Japan pics, post your travel pics!

Discuss about travelling to or living in another country.
merou

Japan pics, post your travel pics!

Post by merou » Feb 11th, '08, 00:52

Hello all,
I have had the pleasure of living in Japan, but have only known the city of Tokyo, lived in Shinjuku. I went out on a trip to kamakura and really loved it, went to see temples, country side, and the beach. I stayed in a ryokan sitting next to the beach, so it was amazing. Anyone have pics of Japan outside the major cities, in the small suburbs, out in the country sides, etc.
Attachments
Random alley
Random alley
13.jpg (142.48 KiB) Viewed 39234 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (102.95 KiB) Viewed 39236 times
Picture also not related, but if your planning on going to japan sometime, and if your a huge meat eater, have fun, I just craved meat so much, with barely any of it in your food in japan, I just went shopping and bought a couple hundred dollars worth
Picture also not related, but if your planning on going to japan sometime, and if your a huge meat eater, have fun, I just craved meat so much, with barely any of it in your food in japan, I just went shopping and bought a couple hundred dollars worth
11.jpg (203.32 KiB) Viewed 39239 times
Ryokan futon?
Ryokan futon?
10.jpg (157.4 KiB) Viewed 39255 times
9.jpg
9.jpg (237.43 KiB) Viewed 39245 times
More bamboo
More bamboo
8.jpg (165.82 KiB) Viewed 39247 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (170.83 KiB) Viewed 39249 times
Even though the picture isnt related, I thought it was interesting to post, chocolate cheetos. : )
Even though the picture isnt related, I thought it was interesting to post, chocolate cheetos. : )
6.jpg (61.98 KiB) Viewed 39251 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (158.21 KiB) Viewed 39253 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (186.09 KiB) Viewed 39259 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (106.93 KiB) Viewed 39265 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (174.6 KiB) Viewed 39267 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (181.76 KiB) Viewed 39274 times

4everU

Post by 4everU » Feb 11th, '08, 05:53

OH god...u are so lucky. :O ..i want to visit Japan so bad...it's my dream! Please go and take more pictures..... :D

merou

Post by merou » Feb 11th, '08, 06:34

hahaha, im not really lucky, at one I wanted to go home so badly hahaha, so I just bought and went home for a week, hahahaha, 15 hour flights arent my thing, so that wasnt well worth it, well sorta, got some good home cooking. Like any other gaijin, I have tons of pics, so I will keep adding once in a while.
Attachments
My workstation, I know its messy haha.
My workstation, I know its messy haha.
1.jpg (212.67 KiB) Viewed 39166 times
More ramen...some place in Aki
More ramen...some place in Aki
8.jpg (117.37 KiB) Viewed 39177 times
Apples taste much better when they are 5USD a piece. : )
Apples taste much better when they are 5USD a piece. : )
7.jpg (129.71 KiB) Viewed 39180 times
As you can see from the price tag, this fruit is very expensive.
As you can see from the price tag, this fruit is very expensive.
5.jpg (237.38 KiB) Viewed 39182 times
Indian curry, very popular and can be found everywhere, also very good stuff, best thing about it, is when I ate it with my hands, haha.
Indian curry, very popular and can be found everywhere, also very good stuff, best thing about it, is when I ate it with my hands, haha.
4.jpg (152.82 KiB) Viewed 39185 times
Curry and rice, I could live on this stuff.
Curry and rice, I could live on this stuff.
3.jpg (137.12 KiB) Viewed 39187 times
great ramen place in Kabukicho(was warned not to go there, i even met some yakuza, and they bought my friend dinner)
great ramen place in Kabukicho(was warned not to go there, i even met some yakuza, and they bought my friend dinner)
2.jpg (138.74 KiB) Viewed 39189 times
I found this very funny, back then, firefighters consisted of carpenters who tore down houses to prevent fires from spreading, lol
I found this very funny, back then, firefighters consisted of carpenters who tore down houses to prevent fires from spreading, lol
1.jpg (177.8 KiB) Viewed 39192 times

merou

Post by merou » Feb 12th, '08, 01:27

took this picture while on my way to Gokokuji. I didnt want to look like a weirdo, so I took it when no one was looking.
Attachments
11.jpg
11.jpg (140.5 KiB) Viewed 39138 times

**Mejoka**

Post by **Mejoka** » Feb 12th, '08, 01:35

I think that this topic was opend by a person who wants to rubb it in my face that he went to japana and I didn't :glare: boooohooo you went to japan WE GOT IT ALREADY!! :x

merou

Post by merou » Feb 12th, '08, 01:47

oh wow, Im sorry if it came out like that, want to trade places? Japan is great, but I want to live and die in Texas, where Im originally from. Im not trying to brag or anything. I just enjoy sharing my pictures and recollecting my experiences. :-(

Popdog

Post by Popdog » Feb 12th, '08, 01:52

No no...I love your pics...please continue posting!

nalika

Post by nalika » Feb 12th, '08, 02:40

Seriously, Chocolate Cheetos? Why don't we have any in the state?

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Feb 12th, '08, 02:49

MORE PICTURES PLEASE--hehe i really like your pictures and your experience there--so share it with all of us, since we cant be there, at least we can see some nice pictures and learn from them...

**Mejoka**

Post by **Mejoka** » Feb 12th, '08, 02:51

merou wrote:oh wow, Im sorry if it came out like that, want to trade places? Japan is great, but I want to live and die in Texas, where Im originally from. Im not trying to brag or anything. I just enjoy sharing my pictures and recollecting my experiences. :-(
I was kiddin with ya that's all :P nice pics you have there :-) !
it's just that I wanted to go to Japan my whole life but I still haven't got the chance yet :cry:

:thumright: so continue..ok

merou

Post by merou » Feb 12th, '08, 03:02

I am sorry, I felt so guilty and bad when I got that comment so I was gonna stop posting, but since you insist I will go ahead. I wanted to go to Japan after having had Japanese students come visit our middle school, and I couldnt go until many years later. There are many programs, some that are very affordable, there is nothing holding you back from going to Japan, there are also scholarships, even if your in highschool, e.g Sister Cities, i remember the program for Japan was 1200 for two weeks which is really cheap, you should check that out, or maybe if your in college, they might have programs, which are also very easy to apply to. And in the spirit of sharing I will continue posting pictures. And Im sure you will eventually go to Japan. :-) Again I am sorry.
Attachments
I found this very interesting, same place in Niigata, couples connected chains there. : )
I found this very interesting, same place in Niigata, couples connected chains there. : )
16.jpg (232.89 KiB) Viewed 39030 times
Some random beach area in Niigata.
Some random beach area in Niigata.
15.jpg (130.9 KiB) Viewed 39032 times
This is the Japan I love, not the big city.
This is the Japan I love, not the big city.
14.jpg (222.88 KiB) Viewed 39036 times

darkladynitewolf

Post by darkladynitewolf » Feb 12th, '08, 03:09

wow awesome pics. I'm really jealous. lol I'm gonna go within the next year or so. So this is helping curve my impatience

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Feb 12th, '08, 03:13

the last picture reminded me kind of, of the neighborhood in full house (dont know why)... the couples chains are very interesting--how cute :)

merou

Post by merou » Feb 12th, '08, 03:13

darkladynitewolf wrote:wow awesome pics. I'm really jealous. lol I'm gonna go within the next year or so. So this is helping curve my impatience
Cool! Where in Japan are going to visit?
Attachments
And we finally get there... : )
And we finally get there... : )
27.jpg (182.37 KiB) Viewed 38996 times
Picture take from trolley going up...
Picture take from trolley going up...
26.jpg (227.12 KiB) Viewed 38998 times
And up the mountain we go...
And up the mountain we go...
25.jpg (217.5 KiB) Viewed 39003 times
Nice frilly stuff?
Nice frilly stuff?
24.jpg (187.92 KiB) Viewed 39004 times
Temples near the city of Nagoaka.
Temples near the city of Nagoaka.
23.jpg (205.32 KiB) Viewed 39007 times
I would have thought the Japanese would have kept things like these I dont know, more subtle, crazy nihonjin, haha.
I would have thought the Japanese would have kept things like these I dont know, more subtle, crazy nihonjin, haha.
21.jpg (112.06 KiB) Viewed 39018 times
Last edited by merou on Feb 12th, '08, 03:22, edited 5 times in total.

**Mejoka**

Post by **Mejoka** » Feb 12th, '08, 03:14

really nice pics..I liked the little village pic :-)
sorry if I desturbed you earlier...plz keep goin and don't stop because of me :salut:
and thnx for the recemendations...I'll check them out. :thumleft:

darkladynitewolf

Post by darkladynitewolf » Feb 12th, '08, 03:17

merou wrote: Cool! Where in Japan are going to visit?
Im still planning. So i haven't narrowed it down yet. Any recommendations would be very welcome.

vulcan300
Fansubber
Fansubber

Geisha in Kyoto

Post by vulcan300 » Feb 12th, '08, 03:25

Japan + Photoshop = Fun

This was taken on the way up to Kiyomizu temple in Kyoto.

Enjoy,

J
Attachments
Kyoto Geisha at Kiyomizu.  Layered using an extract filter and background created with radial blur.
Kyoto Geisha at Kiyomizu. Layered using an extract filter and background created with radial blur.
Geisha-with-Blur.jpg (254.46 KiB) Viewed 26390 times
Last edited by vulcan300 on Feb 12th, '08, 03:29, edited 1 time in total.

merou

Post by merou » Feb 12th, '08, 03:26

**Mejoka** wrote:really nice pics..I liked the little village pic :-)
sorry if I desturbed you earlier...plz keep goin and don't stop because of me :salut:
and thnx for the recemendations...I'll check them out. :thumleft:
Well if you have any specific questions feel free to ask, Im really not trying to be a mr. know it all or anything, I just want people to share the same experiences as I have, I have convinced many of my students to visit Japan through Sister Cities, which one is actually going. :lol
Attachments
If you go to Japan, please try not to eat foreign food, e.g. burgers, tacos, pizza, it just doesnt taste like it does back home, and it is too expensive, eat local dishes! : )
If you go to Japan, please try not to eat foreign food, e.g. burgers, tacos, pizza, it just doesnt taste like it does back home, and it is too expensive, eat local dishes! : )
28.jpg (163.04 KiB) Viewed 26389 times

merou

Post by merou » Feb 12th, '08, 03:28

darkladynitewolf wrote:
merou wrote: Cool! Where in Japan are going to visit?
Im still planning. So i haven't narrowed it down yet. Any recommendations would be very welcome.
Just go wherever you want to go! : ) Don't follow a tour thing, those arent really fun, your better off being your own explorer. :lol

**Mejoka**

Post by **Mejoka** » Feb 12th, '08, 03:39

your advises are really good!!...I never liked the tour thing either :D
thnx for sharing :-) (though it came out wrong at first :P )
Q; how expensive are we talking about here???!!

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Feb 12th, '08, 04:00

wow, I really like your pictures! It's so awesome you got to live in Japan and experience it from a not so touristy side. I'm planning a trip there next year and I can't wait to visit all the temples and hot springs :thumleft:

merou

Post by merou » Feb 12th, '08, 06:03

**Mejoka** wrote:your advises are really good!!...I never liked the tour thing either :D
thnx for sharing :-) (though it came out wrong at first :P )
Q; how expensive are we talking about here???!!
Expensive what? the food? If its the food it is kinda pricey, for example, places such as Wendys,McDonalds, Lotteria(japanese version of fastfood place), Freshness burger(fast food places) I think are priced the same as in the States, but other places in general are pretty expensive, you could be looking at 10-15 per meal, and the drink prices vary too, for example, there are two types of drinks in some places, what I like to call the buffet drink, and the one time use cup, so if you want to keep serving yourself more drink after you have finished it, buy the buffet cup which cost a little extra, but you can serve yourself tons of drink. Also whenever you go to places like I dont know, subway, even though they have there drink machines outside so you can serve yourself, you can only serve yourself once. And I went to a shakeys pizza, very expensive, I did there special because it was cheap, it cost 25USD for the buffet, so I rarely did that. And I guess it also depends on the location too, since I lived in the big city it was a bit more pricey, I got hit with a 45USD bill for some chicken yakitori once. But if you go Japanese, you cant go wrong, expect to pay a good price for some good food, as a matter of fact, I can recommend some awesome places, that really fill you up in Tokyo, and you pay less than 7USD. And most Japanese places only have beer or water, no carbonated drinks, so you save on your drink money. : ) Well ive said too much. :lol
Attachments
Menu is nothing like it is in the US...way better food! haha
Menu is nothing like it is in the US...way better food! haha
31.jpg (80.01 KiB) Viewed 26315 times

merou

Post by merou » Feb 12th, '08, 06:05

a_petite_azn wrote:wow, I really like your pictures! It's so awesome you got to live in Japan and experience it from a not so touristy side. I'm planning a trip there next year and I can't wait to visit all the temples and hot springs :thumleft:
wow, im jealous! Hot springs are the closest things to heaven! Wow, hahaha. Just dont mind strutting around butt naked, hehehe, go for it! :lol

ONE IMPORTANT THING I have to share, and is a must know thing for people going to Japan, I really recommend this, it will help your trip become less of a hassle. In Japan, you will not find many trash bins anywhere, yes you can find ones that are for drinks only near vending machines, but if you have trash your basically going to have to carry it with you, I was told they don't place trashcans outside on the streets, so that people wont litter, I really dont know how that works. So hold on to your trash, or be careful with what you might be buying at a convenient store, b/c you wont be able to throw that bag of chips away, until you get to your apartment,hotel, or work. I know you might see one once in awhile, but they arent everywhere like they are in the States. And if you do bump into one, careful, Japanese separate/sort everything b4 it goes to the trash, so dont place your bag of chips into a bin made for batteries only, hehe.
Attachments
46.jpg
46.jpg (207.8 KiB) Viewed 26256 times
96.jpg
96.jpg (158.14 KiB) Viewed 26257 times
Very avid fans!
Very avid fans!
90.jpg (165.76 KiB) Viewed 26259 times
Entering Niigata Stadium...for some good ol soccer, very popular in Japan. : ) Forget football.
Entering Niigata Stadium...for some good ol soccer, very popular in Japan. : ) Forget football.
98.jpg (166.18 KiB) Viewed 26260 times
More random pics...
More random pics...
99.jpg (108.46 KiB) Viewed 26261 times

merou

Post by merou » Feb 14th, '08, 04:46

More pictures. : ) These are from setsubun festival in Tokyo, you basically buy beans and toss them like crazy, and eat them too, so go to your nearest 7-11 and grab yourself some beans and a oni mask!
Attachments
Why go crazy over catching beans? some had tags attached which you could exchange for prizes. : )
Why go crazy over catching beans? some had tags attached which you could exchange for prizes. : )
59.jpg (200 KiB) Viewed 26241 times
58.jpg
58.jpg (198.43 KiB) Viewed 26243 times
56.jpg
56.jpg (209.62 KiB) Viewed 26244 times
55.jpg
55.jpg (129 KiB) Viewed 26246 times

merou

Post by merou » Feb 17th, '08, 04:36

School :glare:
Attachments
bored.....
bored.....
a.jpg (72.28 KiB) Viewed 26190 times
Outside!
Outside!
b.jpg (89.78 KiB) Viewed 26191 times
Average day
Average day
c.jpg (127.03 KiB) Viewed 26192 times

merou

Post by merou » Feb 17th, '08, 04:46

Different house types. :P

Which do you prefer? Modern or old style?
Attachments
Old style Japanese home. : /
Old style Japanese home. : /
d.jpg (197.55 KiB) Viewed 26183 times
Very beautiful modern house. : )
Very beautiful modern house. : )
e.jpg (232.07 KiB) Viewed 26184 times

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Mar 17th, '08, 10:53

Some pics from my trip

My cousin, who swears she can see quite well through all of that
Watch out for the stampede of the buses? Fukuoka.
We are obviously in the right country! A departo in Fukuoka.
Mmmmm, plastic food.
The concrete bunkers are only there to protect you from the, uh, sun.... Mt Aso, a semi active volcano, central Kyushu.
Is it a bus, is it a train? What we think was a school bus, Aso.
How do you like your rocks? Rocks getting boiled in one of Beppu's "Hells".
The impressive keep of Himeji castle.
Typical Japan - not all that effective, but what the hell. Nara.
Thank goodness we weren't driving. Osaka or Kyoto?
Sake festering away happily. Yes, there is alot of bubbling going on. All that's in there is rice, water and yeast. Kanazawa.
These 'wanted' posters were hilarious.
Yes, you too could own a hi tech dunny! But it would be weird if your toilet was smarter than your computer.

kazuto2000

Post by kazuto2000 » Mar 20th, '08, 16:06

merou wrote:Different house types. :P

Whoa, definitely old style... the modern one looks so... vertical :-) kinda weird, imho

Thanks for the pics!

brys27

Post by brys27 » Mar 20th, '08, 16:39

thanks for sharing guys.=) u got some nice picture there, wish i could go to japan too hehehe =)

4everU

Post by 4everU » May 5th, '08, 05:02

Nice pics...I wish can visit Japan...i wanna go badly...I am getting sick of the states......U can switch places with me if yoy like....^_____^

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » May 29th, '08, 13:27

kazuto2000 wrote:
merou wrote:Different house types. :P

Whoa, definitely old style... the modern one looks so... vertical :-) kinda weird, imho

Thanks for the pics!
lol i agree, it looks too vertical!

merou2

Post by merou2 » Jun 5th, '08, 05:45

heya, sry i havent kept up with the pictures, been too busy, and then my original account got deleted, so I dunno, will keep posting pics : )

meanwhile enjoy this small pic

btw: if i already posted this pic, sry, dont remember what and what pics ive posted, i have too many.
Attachments
Joyriding in Niigata! Taxi, ikimashoo!!!
Joyriding in Niigata! Taxi, ikimashoo!!!
JapanVisit! 508.jpg (206.67 KiB) Viewed 27881 times
Aye, classmate got in picture. But i thought it looked cool, looking off at Fuji-san!
Aye, classmate got in picture. But i thought it looked cool, looking off at Fuji-san!
JPN11 177.jpg (206.48 KiB) Viewed 27887 times

tsumabukis

Post by tsumabukis » Jun 11th, '08, 08:14

Mate, those rocks of yours in Beppu on the previous page are actually eggs. ;)
It's showing you that the water is naturally so hot you can boil eggs in it, and they then sell the boiled eggs after.

How long have you lived here for? You're really lucky to have been able to travel so much. I live in Okinawa, so it's hard for me to get off my island! :P
Attachments
A better pic of the eggs. ;)
A better pic of the eggs. ;)
kyushu23.jpg (225.77 KiB) Viewed 27785 times

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jun 12th, '08, 11:09

tsumabukis wrote:Mate, those rocks of yours in Beppu on the previous page are actually eggs. ;)
It's showing you that the water is naturally so hot you can boil eggs in it, and they then sell the boiled eggs after.

How long have you lived here for? You're really lucky to have been able to travel so much. I live in Okinawa, so it's hard for me to get off my island! :P
Ahh, so they weren't trying to cook rocks! Never know with the Japanese, they do some strange thngs. Must've missed them on sale.

So you're in the tropical bit of Japan. No need to worry about snow down there! Okinawa=warmer weather but more yanks? I was only there for 3 weeks, but we covered plenty of ground. Perhaps a bit too much.

Anyway, here are some more pics

A vending machine in Kumamoto castle, which seems to sell hot food. I was hungry, but certainly not desperate enought to try this.

The famous huge torii on Miyajima, one of the most photograped things in Japan. The sun was only out for half an hour.

A sign at the top of the mountai on Miyajima, which shows the concern the Japanese have about even monkeys having a healthy diet. We didn't see any monkeys, since they were smart enough to not stand around in near freezing temperatures-it snowed lightly a few minutes later.

Kiyomizudera, Kyoto, apparently made with no nails at all. It has survived earthquakes and many centuries, so I guess they did a good job.

At a gold leaf shop in Kanazawa, they are happy to hand out specks of gold for you to ingest, to aid in the selling of larger stuff.

No expense was spared, even for the bathroom soap.

It was good to see that it wasn't only us clueless foreigners who were lost in Tokyo station. I am attempting to figure out to get to Shinjuku.

Totoro mans the ticket booth at Ghibli Museum.

Tsukiji markets at dawn, and part of the reason why the world is fast running out of bluefin tuna, among other seafood.

rurulurve

hello!

Post by rurulurve » Jun 12th, '08, 11:46

i live in japan..and want to share my pics here also! ^_^ :-)
Attachments
this is at kyoumizudera temple at kyoto. really famous for sightseeing!
this is at kyoumizudera temple at kyoto. really famous for sightseeing!
DSC01353.JPG (103.24 KiB) Viewed 27739 times
this is a tokyo dome.. night seeing during new year..
this is a tokyo dome.. night seeing during new year..
DSC01089.JPG (97.4 KiB) Viewed 27739 times
me and my friends near the tokyo dome
me and my friends near the tokyo dome
DSC01097.JPG (116.35 KiB) Viewed 27739 times

NJunNuity

Post by NJunNuity » Jun 13th, '08, 20:49

aimlesswanderer wrote: A vending machine in Kumamoto castle, which seems to sell hot food. I was hungry, but certainly not desperate enought to try this.
Hahaha. I tried those type of vending machines once during my first night in Japan. My roommate and I had to stay in a hotel cause our host mom hadn't returned from her business trip, so the school put us up in a hotel. Room service was rather expensive, and we were starving, so we decided to try the vending machine. Yes, it wasn't very tasty (I got a hot dog), but when you're hungry and want to save money, it'll suffice.

tsumabukis

Post by tsumabukis » Jun 13th, '08, 23:49

aimlesswanderer wrote:So you're in the tropical bit of Japan. No need to worry about snow down there! Okinawa=warmer weather but more yanks? I was only there for 3 weeks, but we covered plenty of ground. Perhaps a bit too much.
No, no worrying about snow down here - unless we actually got it, in which case, I'd be very worried! ;) But yes, plenty of military to dodge.

Don't see how you can cover too much ground in three weeks - I've been here two years, and there's still more stuff I want to see!

Anyway, this thread is for travel pics:
Attachments
The Chinoike Jigoku (Blood Lake Hell) in Beppu, Kyushu.
The Chinoike Jigoku (Blood Lake Hell) in Beppu, Kyushu.
00902.jpg (109.48 KiB) Viewed 27622 times
A girl wandering around the Meiji Shrine in Harajuku, Tokyo.
A girl wandering around the Meiji Shrine in Harajuku, Tokyo.
aspotofcolour02.jpg (117.74 KiB) Viewed 27622 times
Cape Hedo, the northernmost point of the main Okinawan island.
Cape Hedo, the northernmost point of the main Okinawan island.
cape hedo 02.jpg (106.9 KiB) Viewed 27622 times
On the trip to Yubu Island, a tiny island off of Iriomote - one of the Okinawan islands. It can be reached either on foot, or by waterbuffalo.
On the trip to Yubu Island, a tiny island off of Iriomote - one of the Okinawan islands. It can be reached either on foot, or by waterbuffalo.
iriomote1502.jpg (74.95 KiB) Viewed 27622 times
In a train station in Tokyo.
In a train station in Tokyo.
minowa02.jpg (71.62 KiB) Viewed 27622 times

peachjunkie

Post by peachjunkie » Jun 15th, '08, 15:17

Looking at all these pictures makes me want to go again. The past two times I've went, I only stayed in Tokyo and only 2 days in Ito where we slept on tatamis (fun!). Seeing the pictures of ramen and fruit are making me drool so much, and I just ate. >< The Ghibli museum was awesome too.

Ahhh, I wanna go visit again!

Japan Heart

Post by Japan Heart » Jun 15th, '08, 23:29

WoOoOoOoW nice
you visited Japan <I>>

thans for this bueatiful picture my brother ^_^

merou2

Post by merou2 » Jun 16th, '08, 04:00

//Chinoike Jigoku //

wtf?! thats crazy?! :scratch:

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Jun 16th, '08, 04:04

Oh my god, the Cape Hedo pic is beautiful!
I'm pretty sure I would cry if i was there... so unbelievably magical!

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jun 17th, '08, 08:43

Uwa! I like the food pictures & some of the scenery. Totoros got a share of limelight too!
Interesting pics.
tsumabukis, that Cape Hedo pic is pretty. Didn't know there is red hot spring.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

GoldenMountain

Post by GoldenMountain » Jun 17th, '08, 10:20

Foot bath in Ibusuki
Attachments
Ibusuki Foot Bath (2).jpg
Ibusuki Foot Bath (2).jpg (163.57 KiB) Viewed 27426 times
Last edited by GoldenMountain on Jun 17th, '08, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

GoldenMountain

Post by GoldenMountain » Jun 17th, '08, 10:52

Another foot bath - Kagoshima airport
Attachments
Foot bath Kagoshima Airport.jpg
Foot bath Kagoshima Airport.jpg (49.72 KiB) Viewed 27428 times

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jun 18th, '08, 07:11

tsumabukis wrote:
aimlesswanderer wrote:So you're in the tropical bit of Japan. No need to worry about snow down there! Okinawa=warmer weather but more yanks? I was only there for 3 weeks, but we covered plenty of ground. Perhaps a bit too much.
No, no worrying about snow down here - unless we actually got it, in which case, I'd be very worried! ;) But yes, plenty of military to dodge.

Don't see how you can cover too much ground in three weeks - I've been here two years, and there's still more stuff I want to see!

Anyway, this thread is for travel pics:
The JR pass is your friend. A highly sophisticated piece of, errr, cardboard with handwriting - we were expecting a high tech electronic pass. We definitely got value for money on our 3 week passes, as we caught trains between and sometimes within cities.

Well, we flew into Fukuoka at night, stayed there 2 nights. Here are the yattai (tiny noodle places) near the river and the red light district, which happened to be just down the road from the hotel. At 11pm on a weeknight, it was very busy.

Kumamoto Castle, Kumamoto, where we stayed 1 night. The grounds are huge, but if they really wanted to make it defensible they should have battlements on top of the walls.

Mt Aso bubbling away happily, 1 night. Thankfully it was open, sometimes it is closed due to the noxious gasses.

A sign at one of the Hells in Beppu, where we stayed 1 night. The colours of the Hells sometimes didn't come out well in photos, and I needed to err, fix some of ours to look better.

Kasuga Shrine, Miyajima, near HIroshima, 1 night. At high tide it looks like it is floating on water.

Demonic rabbit, Kiyomizudera, Kyoto. Stayed there 4 nights, by the end we'd had enough temples and shrines for a few days.

Mid morning snack, Kyoto. We were constantly on the lookout for these places after meals.

Kyoto Station, which was huge. The biggest station I've seen here in Australia doesn't compare to the ones in Japan.

Kanazawa, a small city with a huge station. Stayed there 2 nights.

Akihabara, Tokyo. Ironically, I had trouble finding anything I wanted to buy..... We stayed 8 nights in Tokyo, perhaps a bit long, or we didn't know where to go.

Mt Fuji, from a bus stop which was bloody freezing. Stayed 2 nights in Hakone, and boiled ourselves in the hot springs.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jun 18th, '08, 08:05

Great stuff! I love this photo series!

Always enjoyed other peoples photo stories when it comes to Japan!

Cheers!

GoldenMountain

Post by GoldenMountain » Jun 18th, '08, 10:44

aimlesswanderer wrote:

Akihabara, Tokyo. Ironically, I had trouble finding anything I wanted to buy. We stayed 8 nights in Tokyo, perhaps a bit long, or we didn't know where to go.

I must have been right beside you.

I can't get enough of Tokyo - with all the eating and drinking to be done in all those narrow streets near each train station.
Attachments
Akihabara.jpg
Akihabara.jpg (79.68 KiB) Viewed 28720 times

merou2

Moar random pics!

Post by merou2 » Jun 23rd, '08, 03:45

Awesome pics guys! keep'em coming! :D
I just noticed most of my pics are food related, hahaha, i guess thats the number one thing for me in Japan, i love the food, so heres a change.
Attachments
I couldnt help myself! more food!!
I couldnt help myself! more food!!
JPN14 320.jpg (250.24 KiB) Viewed 28661 times
Random gato! :D   ven aqui!~
Random gato! :D ven aqui!~
JPN11 209 - Copy.jpg (225.99 KiB) Viewed 28663 times
An over-rated trip to Kamakura....lol
An over-rated trip to Kamakura....lol
JPN11 139.jpg (211.36 KiB) Viewed 28664 times

GoldenMountain

Post by GoldenMountain » Jun 23rd, '08, 08:24

Here's an ad for Gokusen 3 in Shibuya.
Attachments
Gokusen 3.jpg
Gokusen 3.jpg (113.91 KiB) Viewed 28639 times

GoldenMountain

Post by GoldenMountain » Jun 23rd, '08, 08:29

Also at the same crazy intersection in Shibuya.
Attachments
Change.jpg
Change.jpg (143.25 KiB) Viewed 28638 times

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jun 23rd, '08, 10:07

S' there any way you could get me that Yankumi poster! ;)

It would look nice in my room! Although I have no idea how to make it fit in!

GoldenMountain

Post by GoldenMountain » Jun 23rd, '08, 23:41

S' there any way you could get me that Yankumi poster! ;)

It would look nice in my room! Although I have no idea how to make it fit in!
I'll see what I can do. But, I'd have to steal it in front of all of these people.
Attachments
Shibuya.jpg
Shibuya.jpg (168.49 KiB) Viewed 28616 times

OneMore

Post by OneMore » Jun 24th, '08, 00:01

GoldenMountain wrote: I'll see what I can do. But, I'd have to steal it in front of all of these people.
Take it when no-one is looking in your direction.
You'll have to make a little space to put it up though.

SOGBA

Post by SOGBA » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:05

sugoi
the chocolate covered cheetoos look good
how long have u been staying in japane for??

Slyfox

Post by Slyfox » Jul 14th, '08, 04:00

@merou

tnx for sharing :)

ang ganda naman ng japan.

merou2

Post by merou2 » Jul 25th, '08, 04:48

SOGBA wrote:sugoi
the chocolate covered cheetoos look good
how long have u been staying in japane for??

In late response to you question, it really depends, i go in and out, sometimes on holiday, which would be weeks, other times for school which turns into months. :-)

Please excuse my lack of attention to posting pictures, been really busy working, and my health hasnt been so great.... :cussing:
Attachments
More of the beach! :)  
<br />No swimming, too cold. I can provide higher rez versions of pics ive shown upon request.
More of the beach! :)
No swimming, too cold. I can provide higher rez versions of pics ive shown upon request.
jpn2343.jpg (128.11 KiB) Viewed 28194 times
Dont fall in!!! Good stuff, when I took this picture, it was the first time i had ever seen the ocean, and I was 17 at the time. Man! The ocean breeze feels great on your face!
Dont fall in!!! Good stuff, when I took this picture, it was the first time i had ever seen the ocean, and I was 17 at the time. Man! The ocean breeze feels great on your face!
jpn2342.jpg (140.04 KiB) Viewed 28197 times
More of the Kamakura Statue, you can actually go inside!!
More of the Kamakura Statue, you can actually go inside!!
jpn2310.jpg (177.61 KiB) Viewed 28200 times
My old drinking spot, drinking spot with my buddies, seemed like the only isolated spot in Tokyo, drank here when we got tired of bars. Can anyone guess where this is?
My old drinking spot, drinking spot with my buddies, seemed like the only isolated spot in Tokyo, drank here when we got tired of bars. Can anyone guess where this is?
jpn2100.jpg (173.45 KiB) Viewed 28204 times

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Aug 4th, '08, 14:32

Nice pics everybody! Here's my part.

Let me know if you want more pics posted. =D
Attachments
Shibuya &lt;3!!
Shibuya <3!!
IMG_0696.JPG (113.63 KiB) Viewed 28067 times
Tokyo Tower.
Tokyo Tower.
IMG_0937.JPG (135.53 KiB) Viewed 28067 times
Kyoto, the ancient capital.
Kyoto, the ancient capital.
IMG_0361.JPG (152.05 KiB) Viewed 28067 times
Nanba, Osaka.
Nanba, Osaka.
IMG_0484.JPG (169.62 KiB) Viewed 28067 times
Going to Tokyo by shinkansen!
Going to Tokyo by shinkansen!
IMG_0540.JPG (125.39 KiB) Viewed 28067 times

zingzing16

Post by zingzing16 » Aug 4th, '08, 15:08

GoldenMountain wrote:

I'll see what I can do. But, I'd have to steal it in front of all of these people.
wow that's very incredible :goggle: I would get lost in the middle of the crowd! GOSH! :goggle:
Very nice photos you posted ^^
please keep it up! Thank you :cheers:

lindux

Post by lindux » Oct 30th, '08, 09:23

Hey, guys I wanna see more :blink

Elfunko

Post by Elfunko » Oct 30th, '08, 09:41

LOL. I love the Kanazawa pics. And that pic of the one ropeway, that wouldn't happen to be Kinosaki Onsen Machi? Looks strikingly similar. Then theres the pictures of the Inaka that remind me of Kucchan, Hokkaido. :) This threads pretty neat, I get to see all the pictures I should have taken if I wouldn't have forgotten the charger/camera/etc. I sh1t you not, I traveled good and hard in Japan and I don't even have more than what's on my keitai...

merou2

more pics!!!

Post by merou2 » Nov 7th, '08, 05:44

heya, sorry for not having added more pics, school and work are chewing me out :cussing: and my pics are all on my external hard-drive or still in my camera, im currently in the US, have been for awhile, but will be going to Japan once more in May, my friends invited me over, so it will be relatively cheap, since I will staying with them in the apartment :lol going to buy a new camera, since my old one, uhhh, lets just say I opened it to explore it, and it never turned out the same, ive done this way too much, from my laptop, to ps3 control, hahaha, im just curious. :D Meanwhile enjoy some of my old pics!

Gonna start adding little short stories for fun, hehe.
//short story!!!!/// PT.1

Ive got a funny story in case ya care? lol, so we are in class, and my friend has that one game brain-age for uhh some portable console system, well anyway, it was a game where you had to pronounce the color of some shape, and i decided i would trick my teacher, hahaha. So the black shape came up, and she had to say black, normally you could say black and it would move over to the next shape, but she kept saying "brack", and the game wouldnt advance, since she couldnt say black, hahahahaha, and i kept putting her under pressure, screaming "hayaku!" :lol and she figured out what i was doing, hahaha. And she hit me across the head :blink yeah, japanese teachers will smack you. dont worry she really wasnt mad, she was just teasing.
Attachments
So this is us leavin school, man, I always left late, really late, talking 8-9pm, right before I left, they would always tell me to wait up, and help me review what we learned that day, but it was pretty much redoing class all over again, atleast they car
So this is us leavin school, man, I always left late, really late, talking 8-9pm, right before I left, they would always tell me to wait up, and help me review what we learned that day, but it was pretty much redoing class all over again, atleast they car
JPN 004.jpg (252.27 KiB) Viewed 28426 times
These were the best, too bad they would always sell out the quickest. Yum Yum! It says ichigo in front, so you guess it! strawberry milk!! or atleast I hope so....
These were the best, too bad they would always sell out the quickest. Yum Yum! It says ichigo in front, so you guess it! strawberry milk!! or atleast I hope so....
JPN7 002.jpg (212.63 KiB) Viewed 28427 times

Life768

Post by Life768 » May 5th, '09, 07:02

I do have pics of my travel in any place i go but the SD card of my digital camera is missing I cannot find it.,

Medousa

Post by Medousa » May 11th, '09, 13:36

I <3 :wub: the pics !!!
can anyone post more plz??

merou1

Post by merou1 » May 24th, '09, 03:40

:salut: im back, well this is my third account, first it was merou, then merou2, now merou1, tried to retrieve my accounts, but I dont know how too, if an admin sees this email me up dude, I want my old account back. I would greatly appreciate it. :lol Back to my pics, soo uhhh been really busy almost gonna graduate!! not from highschool, but college, lol, well sorta, Im a bit closer, 2more years! I get my double degrees in finance and physics!!! wooo :D

Lost my job recently so ive been in the dumps, and Ive just now started getting back up on my feet, got a job working for Trend Micro thanks to my buddy! :cheers: Ive gone through this :alcoholic: and some of this :wub: and a little of this :blink w/e that is, hahaha. Well some pics!!!

story time!!! well this one is kinda bad now that I think about. But i got out of school, and was all set, I found a seat!!!!! yeah, ive been there in the best of times and worst of times in the train, sometimes you are soooo packed its crazy :crazy: . But anyway I doing was doing my own thing just studying my flash notes, benkyoing(benkoying, yeup, thats my cross japanese/english word I made up, benkyo=study, benkyoing=studying), and then we go rolling along, when the train suddenly stopped, I though this was strange, since there are usually no problems, I mean the train is always on time, it goes from place to place without interruptions, but I figured it out, it came over the speaker, someone had commited suicide and jumped in front of the train, I was not expecting that :pale: I could see some blood on outside the train on the floor near the edge where you wait, it was horrible. Kinda crazy, also too, and some small police stations, they have signs that say, correct me if im wrong but number of deaths, or suicides I think, and when I got early to school, there would be 0, and when I left, you would see 1 or 3. Crazy stuff! :goggle:
Attachments
great view from my hotel!!! i paid a price for it though, with my wallet! hahaha
great view from my hotel!!! i paid a price for it though, with my wallet! hahaha
JapanVisit! 514.jpg (225.04 KiB) Viewed 27772 times
look at the colors! such great combinations,this is Niigata, the capitol
look at the colors! such great combinations,this is Niigata, the capitol
JapanVisit! 504.jpg (236.75 KiB) Viewed 27774 times
uhh where do i start, remember brush stroke order is important!
uhh where do i start, remember brush stroke order is important!
JapanVisit! 371.jpg (164.34 KiB) Viewed 27776 times
Just need the essentials! lol
Just need the essentials! lol
Copy of JPN1 005.jpg (244.39 KiB) Viewed 27779 times
we all have to make tough decisions in life, i didnt think i would have to in Japan :0
we all have to make tough decisions in life, i didnt think i would have to in Japan :0
JPN10 006.jpg (243.69 KiB) Viewed 27781 times
this just looks so kick@$$
this just looks so kick@$$
JPN2 025.jpg (230.87 KiB) Viewed 27784 times
Japanese trying to do American cookies??? there are American cookies?
Japanese trying to do American cookies??? there are American cookies?
Copy of JPN1 007.jpg (222.77 KiB) Viewed 27786 times
This is my place, pretty small huh, well it is Japan :)
This is my place, pretty small huh, well it is Japan :)
JPN14 347.jpg (157.33 KiB) Viewed 27790 times
Im sure a few of you guys would like this, buy your ninja palm slashing thing!! it was at a toursity shop, hahaha, so they are fake
Im sure a few of you guys would like this, buy your ninja palm slashing thing!! it was at a toursity shop, hahaha, so they are fake
JPN14 141.jpg (172.22 KiB) Viewed 27799 times
We went on a strawberry picking field trip, yum yum. You could eat ichigo to your hearts content! Japanese use land soo efficiently, and ever bit of area is used, u might see a patch of cabbage in one corner, or a small orange tree, dont touch though!!!!
We went on a strawberry picking field trip, yum yum. You could eat ichigo to your hearts content! Japanese use land soo efficiently, and ever bit of area is used, u might see a patch of cabbage in one corner, or a small orange tree, dont touch though!!!!
JPN8 049.jpg (204.11 KiB) Viewed 27804 times
hahaha, well, I didnt have any forks to eat my choco kekki, so I uhhh improvised... lol
hahaha, well, I didnt have any forks to eat my choco kekki, so I uhhh improvised... lol
JPN7 013.jpg (211.95 KiB) Viewed 27808 times
This is how I roll in Japan, the Yurakucho line!
This is how I roll in Japan, the Yurakucho line!
JPN14 332.jpg (201.23 KiB) Viewed 27812 times

nogo

Post by nogo » May 26th, '09, 22:21

Thanks for sharing, merou!
Great pics (and u ar a cute guy ;) )

merou1

Post by merou1 » May 31st, '09, 23:41

nogo wrote:Thanks for sharing, merou!
Great pics (and u ar a cute guy ;) )
uhhhh thanks :cheers:

we went on a trip, here are some pics from start to end, hahaha, some pics are just random, but have fun :)
Attachments
Ready to hit the road, on a bus. :)
Ready to hit the road, on a bus. :)
JPN8 060.jpg (185.82 KiB) Viewed 27531 times
On the road.....
On the road.....
JPN8 055.jpg (103.95 KiB) Viewed 27534 times
On the road again.....
On the road again.....
JPN8 056.jpg (254.6 KiB) Viewed 27534 times
sumimasen, i have to go to the restroom, and uhhh pick up some chips/drinks/random snacks :)
sumimasen, i have to go to the restroom, and uhhh pick up some chips/drinks/random snacks :)
JPN8 061.jpg (130.45 KiB) Viewed 27535 times
Uh....hahaha, some of us slept on the  way
Uh....hahaha, some of us slept on the way
JPN8 052.jpg (111.76 KiB) Viewed 27538 times
speeding right through our destination
speeding right through our destination
JPN8 064.jpg (104.72 KiB) Viewed 27539 times
This building doesnt make sense, hahaha
This building doesnt make sense, hahaha
JPN8 065.jpg (156.36 KiB) Viewed 27540 times
If you look closely you can see my reflection.
If you look closely you can see my reflection.
JPN8 068.jpg (128.59 KiB) Viewed 27541 times
Everyone anxious to exit the bus, we have arrived!
Everyone anxious to exit the bus, we have arrived!
JPN8 070.jpg (162.54 KiB) Viewed 27544 times
Everyone is enjoying the sights as soon as we exit, time for pics!
Everyone is enjoying the sights as soon as we exit, time for pics!
JPN8 074.jpg (71.81 KiB) Viewed 27544 times
It was an uphill climb trying to get to the temples.
It was an uphill climb trying to get to the temples.
JPN8 088.jpg (159.34 KiB) Viewed 27545 times
JPN8 091.jpg
JPN8 091.jpg (145.93 KiB) Viewed 27547 times
JPN8 103.jpg
JPN8 103.jpg (200.84 KiB) Viewed 27550 times
This place looks amazing, almost feel like im back in time.
This place looks amazing, almost feel like im back in time.
JPN8 106.jpg (203.81 KiB) Viewed 27549 times
A closer look, looks so detailed, wouldnt know where to start if I had to build.
A closer look, looks so detailed, wouldnt know where to start if I had to build.
JPN8 107.jpg (195.39 KiB) Viewed 27552 times
JPN8 108.jpg
JPN8 108.jpg (222.08 KiB) Viewed 27552 times
Random Statue
Random Statue
JPN8 111.jpg (200.78 KiB) Viewed 27554 times
Crossing a bridge here :)
Crossing a bridge here :)
JPN8 115.jpg (183.68 KiB) Viewed 27557 times
JPN8 116.jpg
JPN8 116.jpg (231.53 KiB) Viewed 27557 times
Last picture, on our way back to Tokyo...Until then!
Last picture, on our way back to Tokyo...Until then!
JPN8 117.jpg (225.51 KiB) Viewed 27558 times

merou1

Post by merou1 » Jun 17th, '09, 05:23

quick pics sorry its only a few :P

I have two pics here, one of a girl i caught off guard, lol. And another with a weird guy in the middle, you see him? the one with the yellow scarf, lets call him Tanakasan, because I have a odd story. Oh yeah, if your in Japan, dont go off taking pictures of girls all alone, I mean sure go ahead and ask, but you could be labeled a chikan(pervert) who has escaped his home in Akihabara, lol, correct me if Im wrong but I think its illegal? This picture was taken in Harajuku, or the fashion district for teens, go ahead and google that, and I'll tell ya, thats some crazy stuff. :blink I only stopped there to go to the park right next to it, yoyogi. They have awesome crepes by the way, Japanese girls were all over them, and so was I all squeemish to get my strawberry custard crepe. :whistling: Ok, so this one guy, Tanakasan comes up to me, and points at my mustache, and starts speaking to me in Japanese, hes like hey! nice mustache! :unsure: and I was like who me? hahaha, then he points at his, as if to say were both awesome for having mustaches. lol, never felt so lame, lol. Well Im sleepy, later all.
Attachments
Tanakasan!
Tanakasan!
JPN4 004.jpg (229.67 KiB) Viewed 27392 times
Harajuku, bet that girl wasnt expecting it
Harajuku, bet that girl wasnt expecting it
Copy of JPN4 005.jpg (151.84 KiB) Viewed 27395 times

Hentaibetsubara

Post by Hentaibetsubara » Jun 17th, '09, 08:30

If you want I'll share my pics here as well. Got quite a few xD

First is Osaka

osaka from the umeda sky building

that was just tooooo cute

denden town

love it

XD

piece of the berlin wall at a tempel in osaka ó.Ò

<3

my first big love: osaka, second: the hitachi tower in the back ^^

The "bathroom" of the hotel XD

springflower

Post by springflower » Jun 23rd, '09, 11:36

**Mejoka** wrote:I think that this topic was opend by a person who wants to rubb it in my face that he went to japana and I didn't :glare: boooohooo you went to japan WE GOT IT ALREADY!! :x
hahahhaaha....lol....same reaction from me,,,but still the one who went there r lucky.... :D

merou1

Post by merou1 » Jul 3rd, '09, 07:11

springflower wrote:
**Mejoka** wrote:I think that this topic was opend by a person who wants to rubb it in my face that he went to japana and I didn't :glare: boooohooo you went to japan WE GOT IT ALREADY!! :x
hahahhaaha....lol....same reaction from me,,,but still the one who went there r lucky.... :D
oh man :unsure: maybe i should post some pics of uhhh the states? I can also have fun here in the good ol US! :D well this might not be in the US or Japan, its out of the country, took this picture after a short hike, that below there is my brother :D excuse the quality it was taken with my phone
Attachments
Right before the climb
Right before the climb
mexico07 087.jpg (240.31 KiB) Viewed 27123 times
Just enjoying the view
Just enjoying the view
mexico07 097.jpg (221.08 KiB) Viewed 27124 times

Phearsome

Post by Phearsome » Sep 8th, '09, 10:14

I went for three weeks and got a lot of pictures so im just gonna give the link to my album on facebook.
Japan is FREAKEN AWESOME! I wanna go back already! lol
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... e8ec24d391 - Part 1
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 5e66a7c393 - Part 2

Im planning on going to Hong kong next! and then back to Japan during the next year or so. Hopefully It all works out. Add me on facebook and send me a msg if you have any questions.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 8th, '09, 11:59

omg lol. Now i really want to visit Japan too :( Ffs, I`ll have to work very, very hard to get that kind of money loollool.

Btw - Is here anyone foreigner in Japan and living there not like tourist but moved there? I just want to know, how is it if you don`t know Japanese and, as far as I`ve seen, they haven`t got the best knowledge in English.

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » Sep 9th, '09, 00:32

*envies*
So many great Japan pictures! :cheers:
Thanks so much for posting them all.

I really can´t wait to go too. :cry:

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Sep 9th, '09, 01:30

Uwaa the photos are all amazing, keep them coming!
I hope I get to see all those awesome places when I go next summer.

OnlyWish

Post by OnlyWish » Sep 9th, '09, 01:44

wahh nice pics everyone~
i hope to visit there someday when I have some money :]