[Discussion] Hachimitsu to Kuroba - Narumi Riko

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 15th, '08, 04:23

eita might be a good choice as morita.i just watched him in nodame cantabile.but nari is not bad at all too.i'm still waiting for lovesong/sars version.

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 15th, '08, 14:16

i just watched the first episode through keyhole tv.all i can said is poor toma.
nari kiss narumi.poor toma.must be heartbroken :-( and i poor yamada as well.eventhough i don't understand what they're ttalking about but ithink she cried because of mayama.

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 15th, '08, 14:22

mingming i take it you mean the second episode?

it was pretty good
here some poilers for those who want it

A month has passed scince episode 1
Starts straight away with the two boys forcing Takemoto into doing things again
This time they get him to dress up as a knight and pretend to be a prop in the room where some girl students (including hagu) are painting the portrait of a naked lady
Then just before he gets to see the naked lady’s front the two boys set of the fire alarm and of course he gets caught
Hagu asks Moayama why Takemoto did it and he said it was his hobby (poor toma)
Morita teaches Hagu a stupid thing telling her it’s a normal thing for Tokyo people to do
Takemoto gets really annoyed and tells people not to talk to him and that he is going home and the teacher asks him to take Hagu somewhere
Hagu sees a boy crying in the shop and does the stupid thing that Morita taught her Takemoto tells her it was a lie and its not normal but she says that’s okay and that she has become interested in Morita
Takemoto and Hagu do various “date-like” things eating and playing games and hagu mentions shes never seen the sea
Moayama get told “up until now thank you” in an ending things way but his boss
Hagu sees something she like in one of those grabby games and Takemoto offers to win it for her saying it will be an easy win, on his last coin he gets one, but it was the wrong one, but she was happy with the one he got
Morita eats the food Hagu got for the teacher
The teacher meanwhile is visiting Mayama’s boss with a birthday present
Takemoto goes to give the type of stone Hagu was looking for to her but she already has it
Yamada tells Mayama to stop with that woman
Morita has scenes with Yamada a few times in the episode where he works at cheering her up
All 5 go to use these tickets they got to try win a prize from one of those things where you turn it round and hope the coloured ball comes out not a white one (sorry bad explination but those who know japan well will hopefully know what im talking about)
Anyway Morita uses up all but one go all failing then while they are discussing who will have the last go Hagu goes ahead and does it and wins, but all she ends up winning is some snorkel stuff
Morita starts having a go at the old man in charge (who is actually Yamada’s dad)
The Takemoto comes up with the idea to go to the beach for Hagu’s sake
There Yamada gets drunk
Hagu loses her ring (which Takemoto won for her)
Mayama gives Yamada a piggy back, she keeps calling him an ****, to which he just agrees and the she tells she likes him over and over to which he also just agrees
Takemoto, Morita and Hagu are looking for the ring
Morita calls Hagu over and put the mouth piece bit of a bottle on her finger for a ring
Takemoto finds the ring and runs to tell Hagu just in time to see Morita kiss her
(Poor Toma x 100)
Last edited by Yorokobi on Jan 15th, '08, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
http://lifcessbeakin.tripod.com/ Last translation - 1 pound article
Binbou Danshi - 1#6710

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 15th, '08, 14:32

yup,i mean the second episode.it's pretty interesting although i don't know what they said about.

thanks for your spoiler.yorokobi.but i can't read it because of my old monitor.it's too blur. :-(

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 15th, '08, 14:41

i made the font bigger does that help?
it enev looked a little hard for me to read and i have an awsome monitor ^_^
Image
Image
http://lifcessbeakin.tripod.com/ Last translation - 1 pound article
Binbou Danshi - 1#6710

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 15th, '08, 17:56

thanks for the summary yorokobi.i can see it now. :D poor takemoto.he's heartbroken. :cry:

User avatar
KayoticDevoid
Posts: 7
Joined: Jan 16th, '08, 05:16

Post by KayoticDevoid » Jan 16th, '08, 05:30

Just saw episode 2... and it was great.

My only complaint when comparing the HachiKuro to its other renditions is that it's purely Takemoto's thoughts on everything. What would've made the ending scene of this episode better is Mayama's inner monologue during the scene. That dialogue MADE the scene in the anime so awesome... It also makes Mayama's response MUCH clearer.

Spoiler for what is to come Episode 2 ending and ending of episode 6 of the HachiKuro anime:
Big difference with the anime's scene is that one monologue... I was looking forward to that part when he's carrying Yamada, saying in his thoughts "Why did you have to fall in love with me? You're really precious to me. If you were to tell me that you love me someday, I wouldn't know what to do. If I told you I can't, it'll feel like I'll drive you far away. It hurts looking at you, because I see myself in you. I wonder if this is what I look like in front of Rika-san, so uncool, so persistent, but that sorta thing doesn't matter anymore, doesn't it? Because in the end, I couldn't give up on her..."

... and then BAM, Yamada confesses right after his thoughts finish.
Makes more sense in the anime, doesn't it?

User avatar
ManweVaire
Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 3rd, '07, 13:28

Post by ManweVaire » Jan 17th, '08, 07:51

KayoticDevoid wrote:Just saw episode 2... and it was great.

My only complaint when comparing the HachiKuro to its other renditions is that it's purely Takemoto's thoughts on everything. What would've made the ending scene of this episode better is Mayama's inner monologue during the scene. That dialogue MADE the scene in the anime so awesome... It also makes Mayama's response MUCH clearer.

Spoiler for what is to come Episode 2 ending and ending of episode 6 of the HachiKuro anime:
Big difference with the anime's scene is that one monologue... I was looking forward to that part when he's carrying Yamada, saying in his thoughts "Why did you have to fall in love with me? You're really precious to me. If you were to tell me that you love me someday, I wouldn't know what to do. If I told you I can't, it'll feel like I'll drive you far away. It hurts looking at you, because I see myself in you. I wonder if this is what I look like in front of Rika-san, so uncool, so persistent, but that sorta thing doesn't matter anymore, doesn't it? Because in the end, I couldn't give up on her..."

... and then BAM, Yamada confesses right after his thoughts finish.
Makes more sense in the anime, doesn't it?
didn't get to watch the second episode.. but wow, that part was shown already? it really would have been better if mayama's monologue was included..


anyone knows the teaser for episode 3? :)

User avatar
KayoticDevoid
Posts: 7
Joined: Jan 16th, '08, 05:16

Post by KayoticDevoid » Jan 17th, '08, 22:36

Actually, it's not really that surprising that this major plot event seemed to happen so early. Comparing to the anime, the scene happened episode 2 in a drama that will be 10-12 episodes while in the anime it happened in episode 6 in an anime of 36 episodes. Honestly, they are pretty on pace in my opinion.

... if anything, they're pretty ahead of the pace. They really are combining the Hagu centered love triangle and Mayama centered triangle and having them happen simultaneously, so it allows for a good amount of progress. After all,
Morita has already kissed Hagu.
As for the teaser, not anything too dramatic was shown or seen. But from my guess:
Mayama reacting to Ayu's confession and the awkwardness, but most of all, Hagu-chan awakening to her feelings for Morita. From the teaser, it seems that they'll be at a festival, the perfect place for all the crap to hit the fan.

User avatar
ManweVaire
Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 3rd, '07, 13:28

Post by ManweVaire » Jan 18th, '08, 01:42

KayoticDevoid wrote:
As for the teaser, not anything too dramatic was shown or seen. But from my guess:
Mayama reacting to Ayu's confession and the awkwardness, but most of all, Hagu-chan awakening to her feelings for Morita. From the teaser, it seems that they'll be at a festival, the perfect place for all the crap to hit the fan.
just finished watching the second episode, had no choice but to download just to catch up.. :lol yep, the drama's pretty much ahead of the pace.. :)
so it's a summer festival for the next episode.. really interesting.. :D and I like how the end credit changes for an episode, seems like it would be a pattern.. and of course, the perfect theme song.. :)

User avatar
NanaTorigawa
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 04:48
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 18th, '08, 02:11

ManweVaire wrote:
so it's a summer festival for the next episode.. really interesting.. :D and I like how the end credit changes for an episode, seems like it would be a pattern.. and of course, the perfect theme song.. :)
yah toma said the endign credit will eb different... they get to take the camera for 5 mins and film them doing random stuff.. hahah it funny...
Image
-Nakamaru Trips Jin
-Live talk with JE fans join: http://chatshack.net/nanatorigawa
Gokusen 3 diary- http://community.livejournal.com/gokusen_diary/
-currently watching- Hachikuro
call- hachikuro miteyo

User avatar
KayoticDevoid
Posts: 7
Joined: Jan 16th, '08, 05:16

Post by KayoticDevoid » Jan 18th, '08, 03:29

I actually was kinda hoping for the same ending credit animation XD

The whole drawing thing and characters were pretty cool in my opinion. However, seeing the cast act like goofballs in front of a camera, it's equally awesome. XD

User avatar
ManweVaire
Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 3rd, '07, 13:28

Post by ManweVaire » Jan 18th, '08, 06:02

NanaTorigawa wrote: yah toma said the endign credit will eb different... they get to take the camera for 5 mins and film them doing random stuff.. hahah it funny...
lol.. that's great.. another thing to look forward to in every episode.. :lol

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 18th, '08, 19:41

i wonder when takemoto will confess to hagu that he like her.in the anime it took the whole season 1 for takemoto to confess to hagu.
yup,the ending credit is different each week.i love it too. :D

User avatar
watashiwachiaki
Posts: 176
Joined: Nov 7th, '07, 01:38
Contact:

Post by watashiwachiaki » Jan 19th, '08, 13:31

WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT EITA!!!!!!!!!!!!

EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA!

im not satisfied with the drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
poor toma... he had to work hard just to receive low ratings????

waaaaaaah.. its a 12 episode drama with 45 minutes each! it that's an anime it will be like 24 episodes!

im sorry but i think the pace is too fast and i hate nari's face! XD

I WANT A REMAKE!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 19th, '08, 14:07

its only had two episodes so far give it a chance
it may grow on you yet
Image
Image
http://lifcessbeakin.tripod.com/ Last translation - 1 pound article
Binbou Danshi - 1#6710

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 19th, '08, 14:51

watashiwachiaki wrote:WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT EITA!!!!!!!!!!!!

EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA! EITA!

im not satisfied with the drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
poor toma... he had to work hard just to receive low ratings????

waaaaaaah.. its a 12 episode drama with 45 minutes each! it that's an anime it will be like 24 episodes!

im sorry but i think the pace is too fast and i hate nari's face! XD

I WANT A REMAKE!!!!!!!!!
yup,give a chance to this series.nari may not be a very good morita but he's not really bad.support toma and watch this series till the end. :D

User avatar
KayoticDevoid
Posts: 7
Joined: Jan 16th, '08, 05:16

Post by KayoticDevoid » Jan 19th, '08, 16:44

I actually like Nari as Morita. While an important part of Morita was his crazy, seemingly random antics at times, he was still very well human. If you look back at the anime, each time when he was with Hagu and does something incredibly random, it's actually so he can get closer to Hagu. The most obvious example is when he eats the food Takemoto was trying to give to the giraffe when he was with Hagu, although it seems totally random, the act actually makes Takemoto to buy more feed, leaving him time alone with Hagu. It's one of various examples showing that Morita isn't completely random, so Nari is portraying the reasonable part of Morita people commonly don't see.

I personally don't have a problem with him, and think he's good.

The only character that hasn't grown on me is Yamada. Mayama is portrayed perfectly (Biggest difference between Movie and Drama, you could understand WHY Yamada fell for him), Takemoto is godly, Hagu is done very well, Nomiya is perfection, Hanamoto-sensei is a different look at him but awesome, but I can't be sold on Yamada, especially after what happened in episode 2. Didn't like how she did the final scene, or some missing things in general.

... I however love what Morita did though.

User avatar
watashiwachiaki
Posts: 176
Joined: Nov 7th, '07, 01:38
Contact:

Post by watashiwachiaki » Jan 19th, '08, 18:52

KayoticDevoid wrote:
The only character that hasn't grown on me is Yamada. Mayama is portrayed perfectly (Biggest difference between Movie and Drama, you could understand WHY Yamada fell for him), Takemoto is godly... Nomiya is perfection, Hanamoto-sensei is a different look at him but awesome, but I can't be sold on Yamada, especially after what happened in episode 2. Didn't like how she did the final scene, or some missing things in general.

... I however love what Morita did though.
on this part I agree with you.. though yamada looks like the real yamada.. she didnt potrayed the crying scenes well... most especially that scene at the back of mayama.. man that scene made me cry everytime i watch it. that scene in the movie made me cry as well.. but with the drama? i was like... what the?

it was a good thing that toma made my heart ache at the last scene.. hoooray for toma! i can really feel his feelings...

stil... I WANT EITA!

@ Mingming96:I am actually hoping that it will be like prodai..it looks so boring at the start but at the end it made me cry 1 litre of tears hehe!

User avatar
a_petite_azn
Posts: 153
Joined: Nov 8th, '06, 04:40
Location: Toronto

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 19th, '08, 20:05

KayoticDevoid wrote:I actually like Nari as Morita. While an important part of Morita was his crazy, seemingly random antics at times, he was still very well human. If you look back at the anime, each time when he was with Hagu and does something incredibly random, it's actually so he can get closer to Hagu. The most obvious example is when he eats the food Takemoto was trying to give to the giraffe when he was with Hagu, although it seems totally random, the act actually makes Takemoto to buy more feed, leaving him time alone with Hagu. It's one of various examples showing that Morita isn't completely random, so Nari is portraying the reasonable part of Morita people commonly don't see.
I agree with you here. I know a lot of people aren't satisfied with Nari's portrayal of Morita, but I think he does a pretty decent job. I think it would be completely unrealistic for Morita to display all his crazy random antics here, it's much easier to have all that in an anime but not in a drama. I like how the drama is showing a more human side of him. :thumright:

Can't wait to watch the second episode! From what you guys have written, it seems like a good episode :D

User avatar
NanaTorigawa
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 04:48
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 19th, '08, 20:39

WHEEEE!!!!!! i like Hiroki as Morita.. hahaha.. makes me laugh alot...
And i think he random... But i still want to figure out that one part with Hagu that made Toma make a funyn face.. and she taught the kid.. hahaha....

this show is my #1 show this season.....
Image
-Nakamaru Trips Jin
-Live talk with JE fans join: http://chatshack.net/nanatorigawa
Gokusen 3 diary- http://community.livejournal.com/gokusen_diary/
-currently watching- Hachikuro
call- hachikuro miteyo

User avatar
watashiwachiaki
Posts: 176
Joined: Nov 7th, '07, 01:38
Contact:

Post by watashiwachiaki » Jan 20th, '08, 07:10

Im currently watching Orange Days. But I skipped like 2 episodes.. dunno why...
newei, im not that familiar with the main actors (except ofcourse EITA) yet, but there was this main actor guy there that I THINK portrayed morita in a "human way"... only that he is in Orange Days playing a guy who sleeps with women for money... it is as if like morita crossed over into another drama...

Im not expecting Nari to ACTUALLY be like the anime version.. but he really irritates me XD
gomen minna... :-(

User avatar
ManweVaire
Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 3rd, '07, 13:28

Post by ManweVaire » Jan 20th, '08, 09:01

watashiwachiaki wrote:Im currently watching Orange Days. But I skipped like 2 episodes.. dunno why...
newei, im not that familiar with the main actors (except ofcourse EITA) yet, but there was this main actor guy there that I THINK portrayed morita in a "human way"... only that he is in Orange Days playing a guy who sleeps with women for money... it is as if like morita crossed over into another drama...

Im not expecting Nari to ACTUALLY be like the anime version.. but he really irritates me XD
gomen minna... :-(
I think the guy you're referring to in Orange Days IS Nari... the one and the same actor for Morita here in HachiKuro.. :D

User avatar
watashiwachiaki
Posts: 176
Joined: Nov 7th, '07, 01:38
Contact:

Post by watashiwachiaki » Jan 20th, '08, 09:34

ManweVaire wrote:
watashiwachiaki wrote:Im currently watching Orange Days. But I skipped like 2 episodes.. dunno why...
newei, im not that familiar with the main actors (except ofcourse EITA) yet, but there was this main actor guy there that I THINK portrayed morita in a "human way"... only that he is in Orange Days playing a guy who sleeps with women for money... it is as if like morita crossed over into another drama...

Im not expecting Nari to ACTUALLY be like the anime version.. but he really irritates me XD
gomen minna... :-(
I think the guy you're referring to in Orange Days IS Nari... the one and the same actor for Morita here in HachiKuro.. :D
NO WAY???????

*do some research*

YAY! that is him! OMG!

but why is his acting in orange days was good but with h&c...

GOMEN!!!!!!!!!

waaah... I take back what I said... But I'll stil be hoping that Nari's acting in h&c doesnt irritate me next time...


GO TOMA!!!!!!!!!

stac
Posts: 16
Joined: Jul 13th, '05, 06:28

Post by stac » Jan 20th, '08, 11:03

IMO, this series is not good at all. Morita trying too hard to pull off funny actions, the way Mayama smokes is not cool, Yamada has a square face?! and Hanamoto sensei is X_X"' I turned off my pc when I saw his face... Finally, I think Hagu is not bad and Takemoto is the best. Personally, I hate the anime version of Takemoto. But the live action's Takemoto managed to make me like his character!

FYI, I just finished HC and HCII not too long ago. So the anime version is still warm in me =]

P/S: This series is meant to be a failure if they apply the same/partial humour element from anime verion in it.

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 20th, '08, 11:55

stac wrote:IMO, this series is not good at all. Morita trying too hard to pull off funny actions, the way Mayama smokes is not cool, Yamada has a square face?! and Hanamoto sensei is X_X"' I turned off my pc when I saw his face... Finally, I think Hagu is not bad and Takemoto is the best. Personally, I hate the anime version of Takemoto. But the live action's Takemoto managed to make me like his character!

FYI, I just finished HC and HCII not too long ago. So the anime version is still warm in me =]

P/S: This series is meant to be a failure if they apply the same/partial humour element from anime verion in it.
I could tell from the minute I started reading your post you were eiter a manga or anime version person
i felt the same about Hana Kimi when I first started watching t
but try and view it as a seperate thing to the anime cause thats what it is
Image
Image
http://lifcessbeakin.tripod.com/ Last translation - 1 pound article
Binbou Danshi - 1#6710

User avatar
NanaTorigawa
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 04:48
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 20th, '08, 18:13

wheeeee.... hoping for subbed soon.. hahaha..... Love for HachiKuro!!! wheeeee.... jkldajn.... I'm so sleepy.... sorry for the randomness....

Hum.. i love this series...
Image
-Nakamaru Trips Jin
-Live talk with JE fans join: http://chatshack.net/nanatorigawa
Gokusen 3 diary- http://community.livejournal.com/gokusen_diary/
-currently watching- Hachikuro
call- hachikuro miteyo

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 21st, '08, 08:12

i can't wait to watch the episode 2 too.hope Sars and Lovesong faster release it.but poor takemoto.he's gonna heartbroken in this episode. :-(
i still don't like the kiss between hagu and morita.why it's not takemoto?? :-(

User avatar
NanaTorigawa
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 04:48
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 21st, '08, 21:45

it funny because it was a real kiss... and hiroki is about 25 years old and he kissed Riko who is 15.. hahah
Image
-Nakamaru Trips Jin
-Live talk with JE fans join: http://chatshack.net/nanatorigawa
Gokusen 3 diary- http://community.livejournal.com/gokusen_diary/
-currently watching- Hachikuro
call- hachikuro miteyo

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 22nd, '08, 08:53

NanaTorigawa wrote:
it funny because it was a real kiss... and hiroki is about 25 years old and he kissed Riko who is 15.. hahah
but riko doesn't looks like 15 at all.with his hairstyle and everything she looks more like 17 or 18. :D

User avatar
NanaTorigawa
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 04:48
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 22nd, '08, 13:08

mingming96 wrote:
NanaTorigawa wrote:
it funny because it was a real kiss... and hiroki is about 25 years old and he kissed Riko who is 15.. hahah
but riko doesn't looks like 15 at all.with his hairstyle and everything she looks more like 17 or 18. :D
yah i know... but point that she is younger than me.. ti scaries me... (When i saw it i was not freaken out.. but i thought of it later...
Image
-Nakamaru Trips Jin
-Live talk with JE fans join: http://chatshack.net/nanatorigawa
Gokusen 3 diary- http://community.livejournal.com/gokusen_diary/
-currently watching- Hachikuro
call- hachikuro miteyo

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 22nd, '08, 13:18

her age's really young but she's a talented actress.i didn't freaken out at the kiss but i dislikes it because it's not takemoto and hagu kiss..

User avatar
joan711
Posts: 29
Joined: Sep 17th, '07, 02:25
Location: in my room

Post by joan711 » Jan 22nd, '08, 13:24

uy mean riko in real life is only 15???? I though she was already in her 20s like Toma.

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 22nd, '08, 14:25

no,riko's only 15.she looks really mature ne. i can't believe her age at first too. :D

User avatar
KayoticDevoid
Posts: 7
Joined: Jan 16th, '08, 05:16

Post by KayoticDevoid » Jan 22nd, '08, 23:43

XD Yeah, I remember in one of the interviews, they were inquiring on how it felt like to be a middle schooler and to suddenly play the role of a college student XD
Why Morita and not Takemoto who stole Hagu's first kiss? Simple really.
Morita loves Hagu...

... and prepare for the shocker...

... Hagu loves Morita.

Takemoto really is the third wheel honestly. He's not an artist much like Hagu or Morita who can connect through their works of art and can't understand the amount of respect the two of them have for each other, which turns into admiration, infatuation, and love. The live-action drama just took it really quick and hitting you with this in the second episode.

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 23rd, '08, 02:35

wasn't a bad episode 3 but i feel im starting to get bored but it
im now only watching for toma
though this drama just appears to be constant toma beating
emotionally and physically the poor guy
Image
Image
http://lifcessbeakin.tripod.com/ Last translation - 1 pound article
Binbou Danshi - 1#6710

User avatar
atskv9
Posts: 730
Joined: Aug 6th, '07, 00:09

Post by atskv9 » Jan 23rd, '08, 02:48

Anyone know the rating of the third episode?

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 23rd, '08, 02:50

atskv9 wrote:Anyone know the rating of the third episode?
9.8
another drop
Image
Image
http://lifcessbeakin.tripod.com/ Last translation - 1 pound article
Binbou Danshi - 1#6710

User avatar
XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 524
Joined: May 2nd, '04, 20:33
Location: Land of the Sub-Prime

Post by XrayMind » Jan 23rd, '08, 03:17

Ahhh, I think it was so bad that the encoder didn't even put up DivX versions of the episode 3 on Share. I waited a whole day and still nothing!!! I am download x264 version right now and will put that version up.
Please do not PM me about seeding any of my old torrents, as most of files that had uploaded are no longer on my computer.

User avatar
atskv9
Posts: 730
Joined: Aug 6th, '07, 00:09

Post by atskv9 » Jan 23rd, '08, 04:49

Wow, the viewers sure are hard to please this season... I feel bad for Toma since this is his lead role. He does play Takemoto well and the drama is decently watchable for me, but people just aren't interested I guess.

wachi
Posts: 504
Joined: Mar 7th, '05, 01:06

Post by wachi » Jan 23rd, '08, 05:03

The 704x version is on kangjegu's clubbox. Filesize is only 540MB.

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 23rd, '08, 05:15

atskv9 wrote:Wow, the viewers sure are hard to please this season... I feel bad for Toma since this is his lead role. He does play Takemoto well and the drama is decently watchable for me, but people just aren't interested I guess.
this is his first lead role yet the rating is so low.he play takemoto really well.like when he looks at hagu and everything.maybe because they have watched the anime and the movie so they're not interested to watch the drama.

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 23rd, '08, 05:15

whoa... so that's sad.
they should have used toma in another show!!! a show where he could have a BETTER love interest. why does he always get cast away in the sidelines ne?

lolz... i honestly haven't seen this one (coz of the actors) i like toma but not enough to make me watch it with his co-stars. i was really disappointed with the selection of his co-stars as hagu (the girl looks to old to be hagu) and morita (looks like a cat? if im being mean.. gome). :crazy:

Nomanymore
Posts: 1441
Joined: Jan 11th, '05, 21:04
Contact:

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 23rd, '08, 06:49

mingming96 wrote:maybe because they have watched the anime and the movie so they're not interested to watch the drama.
it could be one of reasons.. i know certain manga/anime fans who dropped the drama just because they don't want the drama ruined the effectq of the anime.. they say the drama missed out 'alot'.. well for a bystander who haven't seen 'anything', I think I will 'switch' to the anime too, plus the 2 seasons are all out hehe

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 23rd, '08, 10:53

you're right.but i think they should tried to watch the drama as well.the drama might be a bit fast but that's how they do it if they want to fit all the episodes in the anime to the drama.do remember the anime have a lot more episodes combining season 1 and season 2.while the series is just about 11 episodes.and the drama might be a bit different from the anime.i have watch the anime so i know it.but like hanakimi the manga and the drama is pretty different too.

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 24th, '08, 00:17

the drama does seem to move fast but at the same time not a lot happens

i have a question for the anime watchers and manga readers
what time period does this storyline take place over? A year or two or what?

i just watched waters again the other day and halfway through the movie i realised hey ive seen that girl recently, thats Hagu!
Image
Image
http://lifcessbeakin.tripod.com/ Last translation - 1 pound article
Binbou Danshi - 1#6710

cr@
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 24th, '08, 03:02

Post by cr@ » Jan 24th, '08, 03:30

as an avid fan of the original series, i understand very well why the ratings for this show is going downhill. it's all because the script's messed up. it's no longer umino chika's famed honey and clover. the drama's plot is totally digressing from the original plot. the poignancy is not that strong anymore. the subtlety and symbolisms are gone. the characters are out of their own characters and lack depth.

i thought i would be satisfied w/ d adaptation since i ddn't expect much from it...well frankly, im extremely dissapointed w/ it. should the scriptwriter have followed the manga series more faithfully, this adaptation could've been as successful as nodame's.

the dorama's direction and cinematography is good though. as for the acting skills of the main cast...only narimiya hiroki impressed me. the others can still do much better. though d movie was boring as hell, i still like its cast better.

User avatar
ryoko11
Posts: 429
Joined: Jan 27th, '06, 15:43
Contact:

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 24th, '08, 05:11

Yorokobi wrote:the drama does seem to move fast but at the same time not a lot happens


You have just given the single best description of this drama ever! :lol

I was hoping I'd enjoy this more than when I tried watching the anime, because they'd have to speed things up. I don't think it's gonna work though, which makes me feel bad as I really like Nari and Toma and some of the actors a lot. But in a season full of so many dramas that have managed to suck me in, this series just seems to be getting lost. :-(
Currently Watching: Unubore Deka, Atami no Sousakan, Hotaru no Hikari 2, Sleeping Forest, Orange Days, Yabe Kenzo, Shinzanmono, Tsuki no Koibito, Asami Mitsuhiko.

User avatar
NanaTorigawa
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 04:48
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 24th, '08, 12:59

Pleace marker for me... hahah

It been awhile so here my place marker...

I been watching a Taiwanese drama instead of watching these... but i didn't fins the subs for this yet...
Image
-Nakamaru Trips Jin
-Live talk with JE fans join: http://chatshack.net/nanatorigawa
Gokusen 3 diary- http://community.livejournal.com/gokusen_diary/
-currently watching- Hachikuro
call- hachikuro miteyo

sakr0
Posts: 36
Joined: Nov 28th, '06, 16:24
Contact:

Post by sakr0 » Jan 24th, '08, 23:07

*sighs* I guess I'll just stick to reading the manga. I at least thought that the first few episodes of the anime were ok but then I got kind of bored of it later on. I don't know, maybe this particular manga is just better as a manga than anything else . . .

plesio
Posts: 1
Joined: Sep 12th, '07, 23:44

Post by plesio » Jan 26th, '08, 04:27

Yorokobi wrote:the drama does seem to move fast but at the same time not a lot happens

i have a question for the anime watchers and manga readers
what time period does this storyline take place over? A year or two or what?
About four years, if I remember correctly.

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 26th, '08, 13:33

i think it's from when hagu just started first year to hagu's in her last year.

a2a
Posts: 177
Joined: Apr 14th, '07, 18:31
Location: Athens, Greece

Post by a2a » Jan 26th, '08, 20:12

Hmmm... so far it's been ok I guess. Not a masterpiece. I don't think we can compare the drama with the manga and anime! They are so different! At some point I don't think I'm watching HachiKuro but another show where the characters have the same names!

Anyway I'm not bored from this drama mainly cause I can relate to the things the characters do. All those weird and crazy stuff remind me of my own pals in the university and what we do to fend off boredom (sudden trips to the beach, fake dates, taking part in weird competitions, troubling the lives of others etc) That's why what Morita does here feels familiar to me.

User avatar
a_petite_azn
Posts: 153
Joined: Nov 8th, '06, 04:40
Location: Toronto

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 26th, '08, 22:06

a2a wrote:Anyway I'm not bored from this drama mainly cause I can relate to the things the characters do. All those weird and crazy stuff remind me of my own pals in the university and what we do to fend off boredom (sudden trips to the beach, fake dates, taking part in weird competitions, troubling the lives of others etc) That's why what Morita does here feels familiar to me.
I really like watching this drama, even though I know I'm biased because I'm such a big fan of Toma. I can relate to the drama as well, being in university and doing fun, crazy and stupid things with friends, as well as figuring out what you want to do with your life (kind of like Orange Days). I always have a good feeling inside of me when I watch the show. :-)

I really liked the 2nd episode! I can really see Yamada's deep feelings for Mayama now (I couldn't really see it in the first episode):
I found it so cute when Mayama was carrying her on his back when she was drunk, and she kept saying "idiot Mayama" and "I like you" over and over again. Awww...
And poor poor Takemoto :cry: He always has these really sad/wistful expressions whenever he looks at Hagu, and he tries to do so much for her, in his own way.

I'm very excited to watch the next episode, there seems to be some drama going on and everyone looks so kawaii in their yukatas! :D

User avatar
blablabla
Posts: 14
Joined: Feb 20th, '07, 06:14
Location: Tokyo

Post by blablabla » Jan 27th, '08, 16:32

Sorry for being a little kibishii butI'll pass this one....to me just one more drama about student life but really weak story, and not even fun like hanazakari...it makes me fall asleep and miss Orange Days.
Unless you're a big fan of the actors there is NO point in watching it.
Last edited by blablabla on Jan 28th, '08, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.

ZoddGutsu
Posts: 1
Joined: Jan 27th, '08, 19:44

Post by ZoddGutsu » Jan 27th, '08, 20:41

The drama is okay but yeah it feels like there rushing this. They should have build the characters a bit more. Also don't like the music sorta cuts out suddenly the anime never had that problem.

Anyways here's the first episode of the anime if anyone wants to see it, it's good worth seeing:

http://www.stage6.com/user/emerica1123/ ... -Clover-01

Neji-sama
Posts: 290
Joined: Jul 12th, '06, 01:18

Post by Neji-sama » Jan 27th, '08, 21:03

That girl who plays Hagu-chan seems to be in every drama, she really popular in Japan?

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 28th, '08, 00:08

Neji-sama wrote:That girl who plays Hagu-chan seems to be in every drama, she really popular in Japan?
i think this is the first drama of hers ive watched haha and ive seen A LOT of dramas

anyway i would say she is about averagly popular her in japan
she doesnt get her face on many magazine covers like some other girls but she doesnt get covered quite a bit in the TV mags with Hachi Kuro
But shes still young
her time will come
Image
Image
http://lifcessbeakin.tripod.com/ Last translation - 1 pound article
Binbou Danshi - 1#6710

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 28th, '08, 02:43

i think narumi is pretty popular in japan.she's really young and has been the lead since she's 13.the first series i watched her is in 1LOT.she play the supporting role there.the second series that i watched narumi is ruri no shima and she's already a lead in there.

i agree wth yorokobi.she's still young.there'll be more opportunity for her when she's older. :D

User avatar
blablabla
Posts: 14
Joined: Feb 20th, '07, 06:14
Location: Tokyo

Post by blablabla » Jan 28th, '08, 03:53

Yes the girl playing Hagumi was in many dramas but she was playing mostly "child" roles that's why not everyone might remember her. (wedding planner, ichi littoru no namida, enka no joo, juken no kamisama, ruri no shima for those I can remember).
She had main roles already as a child in ruri no shima and as a teen in juken no kamisama, and Honey...is her first main role as a young adult, although she still loks like a baby, which is why I was surprised to see her as a university student.
I bet we'll see more and more of her.

User avatar
kerobu
Posts: 30
Joined: Aug 5th, '07, 07:45

Post by kerobu » Jan 28th, '08, 05:44

a_petite_azn wrote: I really liked the 2nd episode! I can really see Yamada's deep feelings for Mayama now (I couldn't really see it in the first episode):
I found it so cute when Mayama was carrying her on his back when she was drunk, and she kept saying "idiot Mayama" and "I like you" over and over again. Awww...
That is my favorite scene in the Honey and Clover anime. It was sadder in the anime. I really cried because of Ayumi's pain. LOL!

So far, I am enjoying this drama. It has been really funny. I agree that this drama is a little different from the anime, and the characters portrayed in the drama are a little different than the anime, but the essence of the characters are still there.

I think Hagumi and Morita are the only characters that would be hard to portray in real life. Because of this, I guess the scriptwriters really had to alter the story a little. A short and cute 12-year-old actress would have been more appropriate to play Hagu, but Narumi Riko's acting has been good enough in my opinion even if she doesn't look young enough for the role. Also, I am impressed that so far, Narimiya Hiroki could do a good job as Morita in this drama, but there is not much development for Morita's character yet because the drama has just started. I guess I'll just have to wait and see and criticize later.

I have seen seasons 1 & 2 of the anime and I loved it so much. I guess, the only thing I am missing (or maybe I just didn't notice it) in this drama is Takemoto contemplating or voicing out his personal views, feelings, or insights in every episode of the anime. That gave the anime a serious and nostalgic mood.

Still, I like this drama and I hope for its success.

User avatar
NanaTorigawa
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 04:48
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 28th, '08, 06:33

finally caught up with everyone... i love it but now i hate morita as a character... i just want to slap him... vjeava jdnv nvc

Die morita... but i love hiroki.. but die morita... he so spacey and he jancjavnjdnvjanc

Morita die.... O__O
I feel bad for Takemoto.. hw one of those guys that don't get the girl because they feel un wanted...
Image
-Nakamaru Trips Jin
-Live talk with JE fans join: http://chatshack.net/nanatorigawa
Gokusen 3 diary- http://community.livejournal.com/gokusen_diary/
-currently watching- Hachikuro
call- hachikuro miteyo

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 28th, '08, 12:49

kerobu wrote:
a_petite_azn wrote: I really liked the 2nd episode! I can really see Yamada's deep feelings for Mayama now (I couldn't really see it in the first episode):
I found it so cute when Mayama was carrying her on his back when she was drunk, and she kept saying "idiot Mayama" and "I like you" over and over again. Awww...
That is my favorite scene in the Honey and Clover anime. It was sadder in the anime. I really cried because of Ayumi's pain. LOL!

So far, I am enjoying this drama. It has been really funny. I agree that this drama is a little different from the anime, and the characters portrayed in the drama are a little different than the anime, but the essence of the characters are still there.

I think Hagumi and Morita are the only characters that would be hard to portray in real life. Because of this, I guess the scriptwriters really had to alter the story a little. A short and cute 12-year-old actress would have been more appropriate to play Hagu, but Narumi Riko's acting has been good enough in my opinion even if she doesn't look young enough for the role. Also, I am impressed that so far, Narimiya Hiroki could do a good job as Morita in this drama, but there is not much development for Morita's character yet because the drama has just started. I guess I'll just have to wait and see and criticize later.

I have seen seasons 1 & 2 of the anime and I loved it so much. I guess, the only thing I am missing (or maybe I just didn't notice it) in this drama is Takemoto contemplating or voicing out his personal views, feelings, or insights in every episode of the anime. That gave the anime a serious and nostalgic mood.

Still, I like this drama and I hope for its success.
i really like the scene too.how yamada said she likes is pretty similar to the anime.but i'm still rooting for mayama and rika.i wonder when will they show more of mayama and rika.poor mayama.rika didn't want him to work with her anymore. :-(

i agree about the young 12 years old should play the hagu character.so the other actress that i think can play hagu well is fukuda mayuko.i really like her.she looks really young as well.but the drama'll not want a real 12 or 13 years old as hagu.it sshould be more realistic.but i think narumi riko is doing a very good job as hagu too.though she didn't have the young looks and she looks rather mature but she express herself pretty well as hagu. :D

User avatar
Julia Yu
Posts: 10
Joined: Sep 30th, '06, 07:05
Location: ~* Faraway *~

Post by Julia Yu » Jan 29th, '08, 12:27

Where i can find HAC ep 02's english soft sub? T__T. I found but no result ! Plz show me !
Thank in advance !

User avatar
atskv9
Posts: 730
Joined: Aug 6th, '07, 00:09

Post by atskv9 » Jan 29th, '08, 23:20

^^The subs aren't out yet. Continue to check the first post of this thread for updates: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_56892.htm

User avatar
erinitegami
Posts: 31
Joined: Dec 14th, '07, 05:25
Location: USA

Post by erinitegami » Jan 31st, '08, 01:11

does anyone know where i can watch episode 4 without subs online?
i don't want to dl it because it takes too long :(*

thanks in advance

User avatar
NanaTorigawa
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 04:48
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 31st, '08, 01:57

watch it on Veoh... downlaod veoh tv and there you go episode 4 of HachiKuro!!!
Image
-Nakamaru Trips Jin
-Live talk with JE fans join: http://chatshack.net/nanatorigawa
Gokusen 3 diary- http://community.livejournal.com/gokusen_diary/
-currently watching- Hachikuro
call- hachikuro miteyo

User avatar
erinitegami
Posts: 31
Joined: Dec 14th, '07, 05:25
Location: USA

Post by erinitegami » Jan 31st, '08, 03:59

i can't find episode 4 :(
what keywords did you search?
i can only find ep1-3

User avatar
NanaTorigawa
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 04:48
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 31st, '08, 06:43

itrd// i ahven't even looked for episode 4 yet... but try eveythign you can
i try HachiKuro
Honey and clover 4
Hachimitsu to Kuroba

it not there just keep lookign... till it there... it sucks but it how i watch them.. hhahaha
Image
-Nakamaru Trips Jin
-Live talk with JE fans join: http://chatshack.net/nanatorigawa
Gokusen 3 diary- http://community.livejournal.com/gokusen_diary/
-currently watching- Hachikuro
call- hachikuro miteyo

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Jan 31st, '08, 09:55

erinitegami you can watch hachikuro without subs in youtube.here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E15gGEGPjlo

yuxoxo
Posts: 6
Joined: Jan 28th, '08, 11:23

Post by yuxoxo » Feb 1st, '08, 16:26

i remember someone posting about a Honey and Clover Taiwan version. don't know if it has been posted before, it's official now. Joe chang will be starring as Mayama instead of Takemoto. Takemoto will be...who's that? :O
Chiaki Ito from AAA will be starring as Hagumi.
there is a picture of them here http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?ei=UTF ... 1&.intl=us
and more here http://www.sooostar.com/content_138949_2.htm
i don't know..judge it yourself. XD

User avatar
mingming96
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:52

Post by mingming96 » Feb 2nd, '08, 02:28

i have seen the pics too.chiaki ito is quite suitable to be hagu.but i'm not convince with the others.the other one that i think suitable is joe cheng.he looks quite like mayama too.but we'll have to see when the drama is out.only then we can make the judgement.but takemoto acted by toma is always the best for me. :wub:

User avatar
untitledmelody
Posts: 114
Joined: Jul 31st, '07, 06:52
Location: M'sia <-> Aus

Post by untitledmelody » Feb 3rd, '08, 09:41

Hi minna, I just watched ep 2 by LS-SARS. I'm glad the pace is picking up, I kinda thought the 1st ep was a bit slow. That's why I procrastinated watching the 2nd ep... It finished downloading almost a week ago but I only watched it today. *sheepish*
I'm beginning to like Narumi Riko as Hagu-chan, she's so sweet! She's really pretty isn't she. (: I like the way she smiles.

NanaTorigawa: Yeah I agree with you, I feel like strangling Morita though he'll probably run off first. -__- Yappari I have to use Yamada's kick. xD He's totally clueless of Takemoto's feelings toward Hagu, it's vexing. It's so obvious. I love Narimiya Hiroki (fell in love with him from NANA and NANA 2) but Morita is ... >.<
I also like the scene of Yamada and Mayama at the beach... It was sweet in a bitter way. Bittersweet. (: "Ahou, ahou, ahou" became "suki, suki, suki..." LOL
Argh I cant wait for the hardsubbed ep 3!
ミ★ Sunao ni Narenakute | Cinderella Unnie
ミ☆ Personal Preference | Hotaru no Hikari 2 | IRIS 2

Avatar credits to blindcottonlove@LJ

User avatar
final_eric
Posts: 55
Joined: Nov 7th, '05, 19:27
Location: Belgium

Post by final_eric » Feb 8th, '08, 11:34

hey does anyone know what cellphone Toma using in this drama calls, cuz i like that model, i want to buy it if i can :p:p
Image :wub: :wub:

User avatar
oniazusa
Posts: 12
Joined: Sep 8th, '04, 13:58
Location: Malaysia

Post by oniazusa » Feb 9th, '08, 11:20

Well, I never expect any live-action dorama to be good unless you never watch the anime or read the manga. Name one if there's any. Because most animes/mangas involve kids, and kids don't make good acting. Watching Detective Academy Q and Conan SP was awful enough for me. Therefore, it's hard to find a real life Hagu-chan. Nevertheless, watching Hagu, I finally realize what an adorable young talent Narumi is.

Anyway, this drama should at least stick closely to the anime. Maybe a 2 or 3 seasons project instead of rushing things. This drama should be depressing, nostalgic and beautiful with some twist of comedy. The first 2 episodes should be concentrated more on characters building. Well, Hagu and Morita should be more "mysterious", and Mayama should be more tougher and cooler "the like of Tamaki Hiroshi". Well, we know what's going to happen next, but with things happening so fast, isn't it seems a bit cruel to Takemoto. Wish the drama to be better, but so far I'm enjoying it.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests