Satoshi Tsumabuki

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
namjaluigi

Post by namjaluigi » Dec 15th, '06, 21:17

OMG he is such a good actor! I Loved him in Lunch Queen, Can't wait to watch other dramas and movies with him. I think he is the cutest guy I have ever seen!

Delilah

Post by Delilah » Jan 4th, '07, 21:56

He is...*nosebleed*

I first caught sight of him in Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift and watched his little scene over and over again. XD Then I quickly did a search on him and watched Waterboys. He's so adorable in that movie!!! <3

Now I really wanna watch Orange Days.

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » Jan 8th, '07, 06:50

He really is cute, and I like his acting a lot too. I once saw a Satoshi Tsumabuki calendar, and I kinda wanted it, but it cost about 30 bucks!!!!!! I didn't buy it. It was sad :(
They were nice pictures of him though.

Delilah

Post by Delilah » Jan 9th, '07, 00:25

Ooh I'd love a Satoshi Tsumabuki calander! A new picture of him every month...woowoo..XD

I can't wait for his upcoming movie!

Is it true he's going steady with a costar from Orange Days?

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Jan 14th, '07, 03:39

Rumor has it that he's engaged to actress Kou Shibasaki.

Me being the fangirl of this particular couple, I hope it's true.

Delilah

Post by Delilah » Jan 14th, '07, 20:47

EMTQueen wrote:Rumor has it that he's engaged to actress Kou Shibasaki.

Me being the fangirl of this particular couple, I hope it's true.
Ohhh really? That's great! :wub: I'm so happy for them both.

imanasian05

Post by imanasian05 » Jan 16th, '07, 14:51

is kou shibasaki the girl in orange days? with the orange hair?

ven

Post by ven » Jan 19th, '07, 01:02

hey guys??? does anyone knows where i can download satoshi and kou's latest movie "DORORO"?? its an action movie based on a classic manga... i think it will be showed on january 27, 2007 at the theaters (only in japan)... :salut: :salut: :alcoholic:

rico2001
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rico2001 » Jan 19th, '07, 01:24

Awesome actor. Enjoyed everything I've seen him in.

choco_kinoko

Post by choco_kinoko » Feb 12th, '07, 14:07

ven wrote:hey guys??? does anyone knows where i can download satoshi and kou's latest movie "DORORO"?? its an action movie based on a classic manga... i think it will be showed on january 27, 2007 at the theaters (only in japan)... :salut: :salut: :alcoholic:
It just barely came out in Japan, so it may be a little bit til you can find a torrent. And if you could find a torrent, it will be bad quality anyway.

I just have to boast a little bit... it was an amazing movie, I got to see it in the theater :)

choco_kinoko

Post by choco_kinoko » Feb 12th, '07, 14:09

Satoshi is definitely my favorite Japanese actor. I think he's just amazing in that he can play different sort of characters. In Lunch Queen and Orange Days, he was sorta a shy boy... but in Dororo he was so different! Very serious and intense.

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Feb 12th, '07, 14:34

computer graphics wasn't that gd, but i watched dororo
because of tsumabuki X shibasaki...
as usual tsumabuki was gd in it.

choco_kinoko

Post by choco_kinoko » Feb 12th, '07, 14:36

Hayashi_kun wrote:computer graphics wasn't that gd, but i watched dororo
because of tsumabuki X shibasaki...
as usual tsumabuki was gd in it.

I agree. Some of the monsters reminded me of power rangers.

choco_kinoko

Post by choco_kinoko » Feb 12th, '07, 14:39

Okay, on another note, I thought I would share my two favorite Satoshi commercials: &

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Feb 12th, '07, 14:56

choco_kinoko wrote: I agree. Some of the monsters reminded me of power rangers.
yeah i was laughing at the monsters in the theater...

i like all his CMs, from tokyo gas to yume no trunk... even those ridiculous pocky ones :roll

choco_kinoko

Post by choco_kinoko » Feb 13th, '07, 03:05

Hayashi_kun wrote:
choco_kinoko wrote: I agree. Some of the monsters reminded me of power rangers.
yeah i was laughing at the monsters in the theater...

i like all his CMs, from tokyo gas to yume no trunk... even those ridiculous pocky ones :roll
My favorite were the catepillars! :) So bad......

And yeah, the pocky commercial with the omiai always makes me laugh...

japysia

Post by japysia » Feb 14th, '07, 03:59

Delilah wrote:
Is it true he's going steady with a costar from Orange Days?

tomokopuff

Post by tomokopuff » Feb 24th, '07, 05:04

I just saw Dororo last week in the theater. It's gotten mixed reviews in Japan, although it was the #1 movie for a while. I wasn't really concerned, I just wanted to see Tsumabuki and Shibasaki Kou together again. As always, Tsumabuki never fails to be hot.

Did anyone else see those Kirin Komugi Beer CMs that Tsumabuki did in 2004? They were SO CUTE. There were extended versions of the CMs on the Kirin website when I looked last spring but they appear to be gone now. If anyone knows what I'm talking about or knows a place I could find them again, I'd appreciate it.

Also, if you haven't seen it, there's this really cool one-shot drama Tsumabuki did called 世にも奇妙な物語 which my kanji skills can't quite handle (something about a "weird story"). It's in three parts on youtube, go check it out.

Also he was just on SmapXSmap with Shibasaki Kou sometime in January. He ate lots of food and said "Umai!!" for like twenty minutes - it says something about his hotness that I couldn't take my eyes off him the whole time. My favorite moment was when Kusanagi says "Ah - Tsumabuki-kun..." and leans over and wipes a piece of food off Tsumabuki's lip, much to his embarassment.

Sorry to ramble on and on... I get longwinded when I talk about this guy...

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Feb 24th, '07, 05:34

hi tomokopuff,

tsumabuki is my fav actor of all time too... and i watched everything that u mentioned here. i watched dororo because of them and they were great in it

his latest ANA CM, with shibasaki too but in separate ones

i remember the komugi ones! too bad they couldnt be found anymore... last year's uniqlo CM was great as well, but couldnt be found too :-(

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Mar 30th, '07, 05:39

The first drama I saw Satoshi was in Orange Days. For me, he is the only good looking japanese actor. And then I downloaded water boys, he was so cute.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 2nd, '07, 08:05

The sub for "Nada Sou Sou" movie is done!

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 383#705383

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Apr 2nd, '07, 08:21

8thSin wrote:The sub for "Nada Sou Sou" movie is done!

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 383#705383
!!! Thank you, 8th sin!!! You are great! :wub: Runs off to download...
Can you tell just a little bit what it's about? Can't find anything on google, sorry!

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 2nd, '07, 08:23

Yes can you please give a little summary/background of the story.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 2nd, '07, 08:51

It's part of TBS 50 Years Aniversary "Nada Sou Sou" project, inspired by the song "Nada Sou Sou" written in 2000. Movie released on Sept. 30, 2006.
The lyric was said to be express the writer's (Lyric by Moriyama Ryouko) lasting sadness for her brother's death at young age.

The movie starts with Youta (Tsumabuki Satoshi) working average jobs like delivering and working at a restaurant. One day, his younger step sister Kaoru (Nagasawa Masami) from "the Island" moves in with Youta because she passed and entrance exam for a prestigeous high school in Naha...

There is also an imdb page for this movie, but the plot summary has more spoilers.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870944/plotsummary
[img]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9941 ... 417on6.jpg[/img]

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Apr 2nd, '07, 09:04

No wonder I didn't come up with anything... the japanese got me again... I searched for "nada sou sou".... :blink
All the more, thank you very much, 8thSin for summing it up and providing the link. Sounds like a really intense story. I'm really looking forward to it! :heart:

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 3rd, '07, 04:41

Hi guys, can you link me to other websites in which I can read more information regarding Satoshi. I would like to know the complete list of his movies and dramas. Current projects and other things related to his work.

Thanks in advance.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Apr 3rd, '07, 04:59

Yay! I just finished downloading "Nada Sou Sou"......but I'm putting it off until tomorrow afternoon to watch it~

I'm excited to see Satoshi-kun take on a serious role......and I'm sure I'll be ready for an onslaught of tears tomorrow! :(

@Jaja:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tsumabuki_Satoshi
http://jdorama.com/artiste.1366.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsumabuki_Satoshi

and I'm sure you can find an artiste thread dedicated to him over at jdorama~ :)

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 3rd, '07, 05:04

Thank you very much for the links.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 3rd, '07, 05:13

Jaja wrote:Hi guys, can you link me to other websites in which I can read more information regarding Satoshi. I would like to know the complete list of his movies and dramas. Current projects and other things related to his work.

Thanks in advance.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tsumabuki_Satoshi
:roll

It is missing one entry though.
There is a short film coming up in 2007, 「逢いたくて逢いたくて」 "Aitakute Aitakute". It's supposed to be episode 9 of 「歌謡曲だよ、人生は」 "Life is a ballad". It's kind of confusing, maybe it's a series of short films combined to make 1 film?

The official site for the movie still says it will be fully operational in April. It just has a trailer for now.
http://kayomusic.jp/

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Apr 4th, '07, 01:39

http://community.livejournal.com/_tsumabuki

It's not a very active community, but I welcome new members!

missnerdberd

Post by missnerdberd » Apr 12th, '07, 10:47

rawrrrrr! it's so hard to find movies or dramas starring satoshi! does anyone know where to download it besides d-addict? he's just so talented! lovelove :wub: i've already watched him in Nada Sou Sou (thanks to 8thsin),waterboys, and lunch queen so far,oh and of course the 5 second appearance in the fast and the furious 3.i'm currently trying to download slow dance :D and have yet to watch orange days! i wanna find 69 and spring snow....don't know whether they're good or not.

missnerdberd

Post by missnerdberd » Apr 20th, '07, 08:48

6miyuki6 wrote:ok thanks! i'll be sure to look out for that one!!

oh--- and i rented "Haru no Yuki" yesterday---...
OMG!! he was so HOT in that movie--- seriously...
that movie was really good... sad though...
but his acting was so good it made me cry~
i watched it too, but i couldnt understand some bits
like why did he burn the letters satoko sent him? and why didn't he just marry her instead of just making things complicated for himself? hahaah i think i have to re-watch it to appreciate it better, or maybe i didn't read in between the lines enough. could somebody enlighten me?!

jyori

Post by jyori » Jun 30th, '07, 06:46

i think satoshi is the hottest non je boy.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jul 2nd, '07, 02:53

Wow you watched so many Satoshi movies and dramas. I read from another forum that you can get IWGP and Long Love letter from silentregret.com

I'm just starting to download Slow Dance.
missnerdberd wrote:rawrrrrr! it's so hard to find movies or dramas starring satoshi! does anyone know where to download it besides d-addict? he's just so talented! lovelove :wub: i've already watched him in Nada Sou Sou (thanks to 8thsin),waterboys, and lunch queen so far,oh and of course the 5 second appearance in the fast and the furious 3.i'm currently trying to download slow dance :D and have yet to watch orange days! i wanna find 69 and spring snow....don't know whether they're good or not.

sweethana

Post by sweethana » Jul 23rd, '07, 07:42

Hi,anybody have a copy of Sabu or know any torrent for that film ? i really want to watch Sabu but it is incredibly hard to find it. i went to most of video store in my place but still couldn't find it. really want to see a different face of satoshi. Hehehe...

wuff

Post by wuff » Jul 31st, '07, 16:35

sweethana wrote:Hi,anybody have a copy of Sabu or know any torrent for that film ? i really want to watch Sabu but it is incredibly hard to find it. i went to most of video store in my place but still couldn't find it. really want to see a different face of satoshi. Hehehe...
http://idols-unlimited.com/jmovie-sabu

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » Aug 1st, '07, 07:54

I just saw Josee, The Tiger and the Fish and I liked it.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Aug 2nd, '07, 06:44

Wuff thanks for link, currently downloading it.

jkholic

Post by jkholic » Aug 5th, '07, 06:27

anyone can update me about SATOSHI 's latest development? so long didn't hear or watch his drama/movies....the last drama i watched was SLOW DANCE...

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Aug 8th, '07, 02:02

Hi guys just want to ask if all the list of drama and movies in http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tsumabuki_Satoshi is correct.

Thanks

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Aug 26th, '07, 22:41

Jaja wrote:Hi guys just want to ask if all the list of drama and movies in http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tsumabuki_Satoshi is correct.

Thanks
I'm almost 100% sure that they are.

Gosh, how hot was his five-second appearance in Tokyo Drift?! :D

Has anyone seen Sabu? With him and Tatsuya Fujiwara?

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Aug 26th, '07, 23:18

@ Rikayla -- Tell me about it! I saw Tokyo Drift and he was about the only thing that made that movie worth watching... even if he only said the word, "GO!". I must really hunt down his movies. I've only seen Nada Sou Sou. I have yet to see Sabu and Dororo. He just brings out the fangirl in me. :lol

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Aug 28th, '07, 07:04

I just saw Long Love Letter - its a different set up of production. Satoshi hair is so weird - being the teacher.

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Sep 8th, '07, 23:11

Rikayla wrote:
Jaja wrote:Hi guys just want to ask if all the list of drama and movies in http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tsumabuki_Satoshi is correct.

Thanks
I'm almost 100% sure that they are.

Gosh, how hot was his five-second appearance in Tokyo Drift?! :D

Has anyone seen Sabu? With him and Tatsuya Fujiwara?

Sabu was okay. It's more for the historical fiction fans.

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Nov 2nd, '07, 20:45

I am in love with Satoshi Tsumabuki like everyone else is on here :wub: I've been lurking and decided to post! He's talented, charismatic, and has that "boy next door" thing going on there. It also helps that he's extremely good looking.

I liked him best in Orange Days. I've also watched Slow Dance (I thought the plot was ironically, slow, but his performance was great), Haru no Yuki (loved his acting, the movie was okay), Josee, The Tiger & the Fish and Dororo (some of the computer graphics were cheesy but he was hot in that one). I can't wait for the next 2 installments of Dororo.

cluelessyf

Post by cluelessyf » Jan 3rd, '08, 03:59

holy crap i'm in loveeee!!!! hahaha
i just watched nada sou sou and it was soooo goood/sad!
he's so cuteeeee ahhhhhh. i first noticed him in fast and furious too, b4 i got into jdramas :D

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 15th, '08, 11:36

cluelessyf wrote:holy crap i'm in loveeee!!!! hahaha
he's so cuteeeee ahhhhhh. i first noticed him in fast and furious too, b4 i got into jdramas :D

Fast and Furious?!!!! He only had a tiny tiny tiny tiny cameo, and he only said one word "GO!"... hahaha I am amazed someone actually really caught that!!!!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jan 15th, '08, 14:50

totemokakkoii wrote:

Fast and Furious?!!!! He only had a tiny tiny tiny tiny cameo, and he only said one word "GO!"... hahaha I am amazed someone actually really caught that!!!!
Didn't he also countdown from 3? :lol

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 15th, '08, 15:11

8thSin wrote:
totemokakkoii wrote:

Didn't he also countdown from 3? :lol

NO! He just walked damn stylish-ly (in white shirt, black fitting suits, no tie, smart casual... i thought he looked very good in that get-up), did some gestures to some babes standing at the side... walked to the middle of the 2 cars, then said "GO!"

haha... i remembered so clearly, bcos I just watched it like a week ago... I happened to walk past some electric appliances store and they were putting this movie on the TV sets, and I just stood there and watched this particular scene... :lol

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jan 17th, '08, 09:59

Did you donwload that movie?

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Jan 21st, '08, 05:48

So what's this I hear that Tsumabuki Satoshi is now married? Is this true? And to whom?

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 21st, '08, 07:16

franchosa wrote:So what's this I hear that Tsumabuki Satoshi is now married? Is this true? And to whom?

REALLY?!!! Is it to Shibasaki? haha ... I thought the 2 of them were dating?!

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jan 21st, '08, 08:48

Are u sure about that? is there a news clip regarding this?

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 22nd, '08, 07:56

Jaja wrote:Are u sure about that? is there a news clip regarding this?

YES!

franchosa ... can you don't just throw a 'bomb' on us all of a sudden..lol... :D

lui_sneakers

Post by lui_sneakers » Jan 22nd, '08, 08:58

hello, this is my first time in this thread.

ummn, so who did he marry?

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 22nd, '08, 09:08

lui_sneakers wrote:hello, this is my first time in this thread.

ummn, so who did he marry?
Welcome! :D

ya! i also want to know if he is really married. and if so, who is that lucky girl. :P
I really thought I read from some e-news that he and shibasaki kou are dating...

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Jan 22nd, '08, 18:13

I think if they were marries it would have been reported in the newspapers and I have not read anything about that.
But I'm not sure has it even been confirmed that he is dating Kou, there has been rumors for years but never anything confirmed.
But he is so good looking, I love look in Dororo :wub: all tall dark and mysterious

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 22nd, '08, 21:02

Hi there lui_sneakers! Looks like you're hooked on Satoshi now too? :D I love him! :wub:

But I really think that the marriage thing is just a rumour, I know he's dating Shibasaki (and they make such a cute couple btw) but I agree that if he really did get married it would be everywhere.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jan 23rd, '08, 00:37

I hope he will do a drama again before he get married.

wuff

Post by wuff » Feb 4th, '08, 18:26

:lol What wonderful news! They made a good couple in Orange Days...

(well I think you wouldn't believe me, but yesterday Satoshi came in my mind, because I haven't seen him for a long time - since Dororo..., and what made me excited was that whether he is married or not. Thus I visited this thread and now I am reading some rumours about it... I think I really became a witch... :D) :mrgreen:

By the way I like him much more in romantic, comedy or human dramas... than this fantasy-like Dororo... :unsure:

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Feb 5th, '08, 01:10

Yeah... I read from some article that they are going to get marreid in Aug or year end.

Satoshi is going to move in to live with Kou and her dad after the marriage....

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Feb 7th, '08, 01:56

I watched last night Dororo for the first time.

It's different, unusual form of drama from all satoshi dramas made.

Really they are going to get married this year, August.

I want to watch Haru no Yuki but I can't find any link torrent. :cry:
Last edited by Jaja on Mar 3rd, '08, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.

canon05

Post by canon05 » Mar 2nd, '08, 04:05

Yeah, from the newspaper I read, it seems true that he's going to marry Shibasaki Kou. It's kinda cute. Come to think of it, they worked together in Orange Days, they have a great chemistry together. :-)

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Mar 4th, '08, 20:54

they ve been dating and now they are marrying xD it s just really cool..

waterwell

Post by waterwell » Mar 5th, '08, 13:34

i recently watched nada sou sou, and the satoshi i saw in this film was different from waterboys, hehe.

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Apr 18th, '08, 06:29

Seriously? Satoshi is getting married? Waaaaaaaat?? *shocked* But oh well, he has a great chemistry with Kou (totally LOVED Orange Days.. what a great dorama.. especially with Sign as the theme song.. *sigh*)

I just wish he works in dorama more.. Lately he only does movies and it's kinda hard to get a hold of them.. And I really need my Satoshi fix. *sob* The last time was Slow Dance (THREE years ago!) and then an SP and then nothing.. according to d-addicts' wiki he's gonna have a new dorama next year but it's a period dorama.. *sigh* I want another Orange Days or Slow Dance.. >.<

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 19th, '08, 04:01

Is there a SP for slow dance?

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Apr 19th, '08, 04:45

Jaja wrote:Is there a SP for slow dance?
Nope, not according to dramawiki anyway. Although it would've been cool if there was one. I'm looking forward to his new movies though!

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Apr 19th, '08, 04:57

Jaja wrote:Is there a SP for slow dance?
*sigh* I would die for one. I loved that dorama.

I'm waiting forward to his new movies too but the thing is, they're harder to find than doramas.. >.<

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 21st, '08, 05:32

Yes they are hard to find but I was able to download Haru no Yuki from http://bt.avistaz.com/ and Dororo from http://www.silentregrets.com/

angeluffy

Post by angeluffy » Jun 30th, '08, 10:21

hi, minna. :D
ahhh... this is my first post i suppose.... and it's all just for him
suki...suki...suki.... i love Tsumabuki Satoshi since the first time i saw him at water boys
don't u love all the awkward gestures and facial expression..? his smile....?!! kawaii...
and then lunch queen!!! :D omg... i really wish she would end up with junzaburo though... but that's ok.
the 5 seconds appearance in fast and furious also great. he really did use his persona to gain more fans,

heard the rumour about him and kou shibasaki dating.. but married..?! so sudden....
but good to him, he meet someone that can make the cute happy face of his all the time. i'd like that, cuz he's so cutee
he.. i can ramble about him all day long, just coz of the cuteness of him :D

p.s. anyone notice that he played with yuko takeuchi in both spring snow (haru to yuki) and lunch no joou? wonder if they play together again... love them both~

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jul 1st, '08, 00:27

Ohh yah, Yuko and Satoshi in Lunch Queen and Spring Snow.

Anyway Spring Snow have some intense love scenes but no nudity.

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Nov 6th, '09, 06:48

This thread seems to be inactive for so long.... Doesn't give Satoshi enough justice!!!

Anyway, he will be acting in more movies, such as Akunin & Surely Someday.

Anyone have any comments on his acting in Tenchijin?

sect0r7

Post by sect0r7 » Nov 6th, '09, 14:55

tenchijin hmm..nothing great notrtoo fanciful..but he definitely is a eyecandy in tenchijin.

siibun

Post by siibun » Nov 28th, '09, 07:07

hi.. i'm new here..
and i was just noticing that there's a thread for tsumabuki in d-addicts, Lol.
i like him so bad. he's such a good actor

yoroshiku ne..