[Discussion] SP/Security Police

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Sakura_Kissu

Post by Sakura_Kissu » Jan 6th, '08, 15:43

Ha thanks a lot for the answer

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 13th, '08, 05:34

I'm wondering if it could actually be Inoue
who attacks the PM since he seems to remember enough of the incident that cost his parents lives and I presume that he loathes the PM

slf

Post by slf » Jan 15th, '08, 14:39

SP is my current fave J-Drama. It's surprisingly exciting!

Sad to hear there won't be a second season. :(

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jan 15th, '08, 14:43

i dont understand why ep7 is going back in time ?? someone explain to me~

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jan 15th, '08, 21:20

Probably one of those flashback episodes to show how Inoue got into SP.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 16th, '08, 13:54

Ep 8 of SP is titled Ep0 and
goes back to the time when Inoue was undergoing training to be an SP. That's also the time when he and Ogata met again since the death of his parents years ago. It shows how Ogata recognised that Inoue was special and his willingness to mentor Inoue and give him the space he needs.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 20th, '08, 15:00

Ep 10 was lousy and rather unbelievable too. I'm quite disappointed.

Now I wonder what kind of ending the writer will settle for.

Gen Noka

Post by Gen Noka » Jan 21st, '08, 17:30

Okada Junichi is THAT good looking, I never noticed. xD

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jan 23rd, '08, 05:43

Man episode 10 had so many plot holes in it, I don't know where to begin.
It was highly unrealistic, even for a tv drama.

I mean come on, the guy shoots 4 SPs, none of them is wearing a bullet proof vest? He's shooting with a dang revolver.
Not to mention in real life, the Prime Minister would of been surrounded by SPs with ballistic sheilds and guns out ready to roll.

Also, man Maki Yoko CANNOT ACT, when she got shot it was LAUGHABLE.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 23rd, '08, 12:49

spacecommand wrote:
Man episode 10 had so many plot holes in it, I don't know where to begin.
It was highly unrealistic, even for a tv drama.

I mean come on, the guy shoots 4 SPs, none of them is wearing a bullet proof vest? He's shooting with a dang revolver.
Not to mention in real life, the Prime Minister would of been surrounded by SPs with ballistic sheilds and guns out ready to roll.

Also, man Maki Yoko CANNOT ACT, when she got shot it was LAUGHABLE.
Yeah I can't agree more.
So many scenes in Ep 10 were implausible that I was just trying not to laugh. I suppose the earlier setup where the prime minister's secretary dismissed the need for so many uniformed security personnel on scene during the meeting was "reason" why there were so few SPs to guard the prime minister if he was attacked. The fact that the police agreed to go with his wishes is in itself ridiculous.

On top of what you mentioned, another thing I found amusing was Yamamoto rushing forward in some rather irrational attempt to stop the guy. Quite like his character but certainly he should know better.

And the guy gets time to slowly raise the gun and coolly ask the prime minister if he remembers him ... ...

Interestingly the ratings for the episode was 16.6%.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 24th, '08, 01:28

SP's Special advances to the Golden Hour

Fuji TV's Security Police (SP) which airs late night on Saturdays (11.30 p.m. ~) will have a special broadcast on 5 April during the 9.00 p.m. golden time slot. The drama, which has 11 episodes, will end its run this week but has already averaged a high viewership rating of 15.0% for the ten episodes that have been aired. Okada Junichi said, "I'm happy I can make another story again with this wonderful team."

Security Police, the third production in the Saturday drama time slot after Liar Game and Life, began airing on 3 November. It is the first drama script written by Naoki Prize winning author Kaneshiro Kazuki and sheds light on the world of the security police whose real lives have never been depicted before this.

According to Fuji TV's producer Takai Ichiro, the chronological sequence of the 11 episodes will be modified and re-edited in the special drama. "It will be a new configuration for new viewers as well as regular viewers," he said with great confidence. It will reveal a "secret" not illustrated in the last episode and also new scenes that have already been filmed.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 27th, '08, 20:28

I was also pretty pissed at the major plot holes in ep 10+11. Actually, they're less plot holes than duex ex machina, but whatever.

All I want to say is that I called it on the ending :P

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Jan 27th, '08, 22:07

dont be so certain they wont try to make a sequal seasons to this...
in the last second before the black screen turns to SP image and then ending credits you can faintly see a 'to be continued' screen

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Jan 27th, '08, 23:15

raven_frost wrote:SP's Special advances to the Golden Hour

Fuji TV's Security Police (SP) which airs late night on Saturdays (11.30 p.m. ~) will have a special broadcast on 5 April during the 9.00 p.m. golden time slot. The drama, which has 11 episodes, will end its run this week but has already averaged a high viewership rating of 15.0% for the ten episodes that have been aired. Okada Junichi said, "I'm happy I can make another story again with this wonderful team."

Security Police, the third production in the Saturday drama time slot after Liar Game and Life, began airing on 3 November. It is the first drama script written by Naoki Prize winning author Kaneshiro Kazuki and sheds light on the world of the security police whose real lives have never been depicted before this.

According to Fuji TV's producer Takai Ichiro, the chronological sequence of the 11 episodes will be modified and re-edited in the special drama. "It will be a new configuration for new viewers as well as regular viewers," he said with great confidence. It will reveal a "secret" not illustrated in the last episode and also new scenes that have already been filmed.
Thanks for the news! I saw it on SP's wiki page and I am really excited. Even though I haven't watched the whole series yet, it seems some people are disappointed and confused for the ending or something(??)... Hopefully the special will answer?

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jan 27th, '08, 23:20

Inoue had like 500 opportunities to shoot the guy but he didn't not to mention the other SPs. Also getting shot in the vest doesn't make you go unconscious And WTF is up with the Prime Minister he just stands there, I don't know about you I'd be ducking and running out the door like everyone else. I was watching the ending and I thought it would of been hilarous if Inoue finally pulls out a pair of handcuffs and said "I remembered this time, but unfortunately, he's dead so I can't arrest him"

yuxoxo

Post by yuxoxo » Jan 28th, '08, 14:26

the ending was such a cliffhanger...and we had to wait till april!
there is something fishy about the leader of their SP group. he may not be the good guy like we think.

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Jan 28th, '08, 23:12

The final episode of Fuji TV's drama series "SP" aired on Saturday, and according to Video Research Ltd., it had viewer ratings of 18.9%. This is the highest in recent history for a late-night drama, surpassing "LIFE" (17.4%) and "Tokumei Kakarichou Tadano Hitoshi 3" (17.0%). The series has also outperformed most of the prime-time dramas last season and this season.

Hehe :lol

wandering-kid

Post by wandering-kid » Jan 29th, '08, 15:28

can anybody tell me the relation of the film "FLY DADDY FLY" to this show???

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 29th, '08, 15:45

wandering-kid wrote:can anybody tell me the relation of the film "FLY DADDY FLY" to this show???
It was written by the same scriptwriter, Kaneshiro Kazuki, who wrote this drama and is the first time Tsutsumi Shinichi and Okada Junichi co-starred in a production.

I haven't had time to watch the last episode but from what I'm hearing, it seems like its a big conspiracy?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 29th, '08, 18:38

raven_frost wrote:I haven't had time to watch the last episode but from what I'm hearing, it seems like its a big conspiracy?
Basically, yeah.

I just looked back on my post on Nov 13 (I think this was between ep 2 and ep 3). I was kind of surprised at how spot on I was :lol
auroragb wrote:So far, it's my fave of this surprisingly weak season.

It's definitely predictable. In fact, I have a strong feeling
of plot twist towards the end of the drama. That the leader of SP is actually behind all the crimes

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jan 29th, '08, 21:51

Not exactly spot on because he wasn't behind all of it as the final episode suggestion, someone probably had him wacked by the cleaning crew (you see the truck leaving when the investigator looks out the window), and it is someone higher doing. Also, what were his motives.

Not to mention this show has soooo many plot holes, it is hilarious.

wandering-kid

Post by wandering-kid » Jan 30th, '08, 13:14

wandering-kid wrote:can anybody tell me the relation of the film "FLY DADDY FLY" to this show???
thanks for the info, Raven :mrgreen:

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jan 30th, '08, 13:26

im so confused about the ending...
so.. there are actually 2 moles in the police, that head guy that was killed at the end by the cleaning people from previous episodes.., and also the leader in SP??

i think the SP leader is the one who called that sniper guy to join SP?? i dont know.. its really confusing.. i think there will be SP 2 since it had to be continued.. damn its such an awesome series xD

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jan 30th, '08, 20:54

The "SP leader" is the guy who got killed. The other SP leader/Manager/chief guy is the guy who always looks mean, I think he's clean and has no clue. He's just working his job to retire. Finally there's Inoue's Boss, He's clean if he's not thats the biggest plot twist and makes the show even worse.

Also there's a SP of SP in April, probaly answer the questions.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Feb 1st, '08, 17:40

spacecommand wrote:
The "SP leader" is the guy who got killed. The other SP leader/Manager/chief guy is the guy who always looks mean, I think he's clean and has no clue. He's just working his job to retire. Finally there's Inoue's Boss, He's clean if he's not thats the biggest plot twist and makes the show even worse.

Also there's a SP of SP in April, probaly answer the questions.
Well I hope not but it might actually be the case for Ogata. I'm basing that on the character profile on the official website that says that his experience witnessing the deaths of Inoue's parents made him decide to be an SP. And he had a motive for bringing Inoue in as his subordinate. I found that phone call Ogata made after he went through Inoue's case file in Ep 0 to be significant. I don't think it was random - Inoue being chosen. So his true motive might be to kill PM Asada? That wouldn't make much sense though.

Puszedli

Post by Puszedli » Feb 2nd, '08, 18:37

I just watched ep 9-10-11. I didn't understand but I was so curious.
I love this show but it was really to much that nobody could shot that guy from SP. I felt he is like a terminator just keep going forward...in SP's place I'd have hidden myself and shot him.
And didn't understand why didn't try Inoue to shot him as well? Maybe cause his injury? He was injured on his left hand but I thoughjt he is right handed.
And who is this skinny guy with glasses who have helped them earlier?
I'm confused about the ending. Is it possible that Ogata is a mean guy as well? I can't believe it but they stared each other so hard in the end with Inoue.
Anyway I'm looking forward the SP in April.

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Feb 12th, '08, 22:01

is anyone here by any chance a real classical music crack who can tell me which pieces were used in the series that have not been composed by Kanno Yugo but by other composers?
I already searched for a site that might list them, I never visit official sites because I have trouble reading them... :unsure:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Feb 13th, '08, 12:31

All the songs in the SP OST were by Kanno Yugo.

All other classical music used were recordings of different philharmonic and symphony orchestra performances.

fleng

Post by fleng » Feb 17th, '08, 14:01

oh **** ending was a giant wtf... cant wait till season 2, hopefully the director will improve on the "timing".

Everyones either to slow to shoot, to slow to move, too slow to call back up.. argh to slow to do whatever and what makes it more frustrating is that im a Police Officer :(

uniquetaste

Post by uniquetaste » Feb 17th, '08, 14:15

oh. i just caught the first epi!
And its really nice:) can't wait to finish the drama though!

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Feb 17th, '08, 17:11

fleng wrote:oh **** ending was a giant wtf... cant wait till season 2, hopefully the director will improve on the "timing".

Everyones either to slow to shoot, to slow to move, too slow to call back up.. argh to slow to do whatever and what makes it more frustrating is that im a Police Officer :(
I agree. I liked all the fast-paced fighting scenes until that ep. I mean, come on. They tried to make it too drawn-out and dramatic and it was ridiculous. I had to resist the urge to yell at my computer (couldn't have anyway since I lost my voice). Next to watching Okada Junichi, the action scenes were my favorite part of the show. Eh, i'll still watch the special, but I won't count this under my favorite shows or anything.

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Feb 17th, '08, 21:01

Ahh the ending!! :scratch:
What did that stare mean at the end? Ogata is a bad guy?
One thing i thought was odd... if the sniper used real bullets instead of paint, the PM would have already been dead. Why go through that mess?
I can't wait for the special

Lartsa

Post by Lartsa » Feb 17th, '08, 21:35

i think the ending is supposed imply that ogata is part of the group that wants the country to change for the better. I don't think that all the terrorist acts were orchestrated by this group. there are real terrorists and the fake ones who want the country to change. My opinion is that the fake assassination was done so the whole country would get shocked and demand that things change(and higher ups would finally go along with this because they're apparently being targeted). Even though the guy with the knives was there, they figured that he would get his butt kicked like before so he would actually hurt anyone but makes the assassination attempt look real. They just didn't realize that a real assassin would be there to follow through. :blink

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Feb 18th, '08, 06:01

There will be no season 2 to my knowledge. Just some Special episode with old and new scenes.

The thing about this show was:
EVERYONE WAS INCOMPETENT. From the Police to the Assassins. The Police can't seem to do their job right even with their lack of resources and the assassins can't ever seem to kill someone right. There were like a million times I'm watching this show and wondering, WHY DOESN'T HE JUST SHOOT HIM. Even the real Japanese police isn't that incompetent.

praha_lime

Post by praha_lime » Feb 19th, '08, 07:13

TabooxNightmare wrote:is anyone here by any chance a real classical music crack who can tell me which pieces were used in the series that have not been composed by Kanno Yugo but by other composers?
I already searched for a site that might list them, I never visit official sites because I have trouble reading them... :unsure:
As far as I can tell from the Japanese Wikipedia page, these are the classical pieces used.

Episode One:
Franz Liszt
Danses macabres, S.126
Jorge Bolet(Piano), London Symphony Orchestra, Ivan Fischer

Hector Berlioz
Symphonie fantastique
Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Claudio Abbado

Episode Two:
Johannes Brahms
Konzert für Klavier und Orchester Nr. 2 B-dur op. 83
Radio Symphony Orchestra Ljubljana, Anton Nanut

Dmitrii Dmitrievich Shostakovich
tenth, seventh, fifth symphonies
The Philadelphia Orchestra, Mariss Jansons
Leningrad Philharmonic Orchestra, Mariss Jansons
Wiener Philharmoniker, Mariss Jansons

Episode Three:
Johann Strauss II
An der schönen, blauen Donau
Wiener Philharmoniker, Lorin Maazel

Franz Liszt
Mephisto Waltz - Faust Symphony
Berliner Philharmoniker, Herbert von Karajan

Ludwig van Beethoven
Klaviersonate Nr. 8 c-Moll "Grande Sonate pathétique"
Klaviersonate Nr. 23 c-Moll "Grande Sonate pathétique"
Emil Gilels(Piano)

Episode Ф:
Joseph-Maurice Ravel
Pavane pour une infante défunte
Orchestre symphonique de Montréal, Charles Dutoit

Sir Edward William Elgar
Pomp and Circumstance
London Symphony Orchestra, Adrian Boult

Carl Orff
Carmina Burana
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Antal Doráti

Episode Four:
Johann Sebastian Bach
Matthäus-Passion BWV244
The Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra, Ton Koopman

Giuseppe Fortunino Francesco Verdi
Messa da Requiem per l'anniversario della morte di Manzoni
Berliner Philharmoniker, Claudio Abbado

Edward William Elgar
Pomp and Circumstance
BBC Symphony Orchestra, Leonard Bernstein

Gregorio Allegri
Miserere mei, Deus
The tallis Scholars, Peter Phillips

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Requiem Mass in D Minor, K.626
Berliner Philharmoniker, Riccardo Muti

Henryk Mikołaj Górecki
Symfonią pieśni żałosnych
London Sinfonietta, David Zinman

Gabriel Urbain Fauré
Requiem, Op. 48
Academy of St.Martin in the Fields, George Guest

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Feb 23rd, '08, 08:39

Lartsa wrote:
i think the ending is supposed imply that ogata is part of the group that wants the country to change for the better. I don't think that all the terrorist acts were orchestrated by this group. there are real terrorists and the fake ones who want the country to change. My opinion is that the fake assassination was done so the whole country would get shocked and demand that things change(and higher ups would finally go along with this because they're apparently being targeted). Even though the guy with the knives was there, they figured that he would get his butt kicked like before so he would actually hurt anyone but makes the assassination attempt look real. They just didn't realize that a real assassin would be there to follow through. :blink
I thought something along this lines as well.
I'm just confused by this cleaning company, because they were terrorists for real. But I too think that Ogata was in a "club" in his university that made him want a change in Japan's police system or something like this. It's just a question of how far this group will go to prove their point...
I'm eagerly waiting for the special. Although the story may have plotholes and stuff, it was still very entertaining and that's all I wanted at the end of a long day :P ... Eyecandy wasn't bad too... :roll

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Mar 1st, '08, 03:26

spacecommand wrote:There will be no season 2 to my knowledge. Just some Special episode with old and new scenes.

The thing about this show was:
EVERYONE WAS INCOMPETENT. From the Police to the Assassins. The Police can't seem to do their job right even with their lack of resources and the assassins can't ever seem to kill someone right. There were like a million times I'm watching this show and wondering, WHY DOESN'T HE JUST SHOOT HIM. Even the real Japanese police isn't that incompetent.
Just finished watching this series and I have to agree with most of the posted observations... the plot exposition was too slow and the confrontations/showdowns were a tad unbelievable. The upside is that I loved the editing on the one-on-one action sequences. Uber cool. :D

I do hope there's no season 2. I'd settle for a special because I don't think I can go through another season with that kind of pace... But I have to admit, I'm quite curious to find out what Ogata has up his sleeve. I hope the Special can tie up all those loose ends.

The great thing about this show is that it was able to paint a lot of shades of gray. You can never really tell for certain who is part of the big scheme and who just happened to be there. The Liverpool Cleaners were a great touch, they left an indelible impression.
Lartsa wrote:
i think the ending is supposed imply that ogata is part of the group that wants the country to change for the better. I don't think that all the terrorist acts were orchestrated by this group. there are real terrorists and the fake ones who want the country to change. My opinion is that the fake assassination was done so the whole country would get shocked and demand that things change(and higher ups would finally go along with this because they're apparently being targeted). Even though the guy with the knives was there, they figured that he would get his butt kicked like before so he would actually hurt anyone but makes the assassination attempt look real. They just didn't realize that a real assassin would be there to follow through
My take on it is that Ogata is probably a part of some vigilante group. I hated how the show kept on utilizing the term "terrorist" when it wasn't clear what cause or ideology they were espousing. Given today's back-drop, I don't think the show was effectively relevant.

knuts

Post by knuts » Mar 5th, '08, 18:05

Just finished this one. I would not mind a sequel. I guess, I was prepared after reading some posts here, so I was not disappointed. In the sequel, they should show more of Inoue's "dates". I think that should be fun. I thought the big OL was funny. Good show... after you get used to the super-hero actions of Inoue.

Lotikuma

Post by Lotikuma » Apr 5th, '08, 08:45

Minnaaa ~
tonight there's the SP
And there's a Movie scheduled for 2009 ~

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-2912

Yaaay ~

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 6th, '08, 03:46

i think the movie will be the sequel to the drama.. the SP is basically just the whole series combined together -_-

frashdi87

Post by frashdi87 » Apr 6th, '08, 03:57

eh? i thought the SP will be the sequel...

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 6th, '08, 06:14

The special episode will cover the original 11-episode series, but it will be re-edited and the timeline will be rearranged. It will also reveal a "secret" that is left undisclosed in the original, leading to some additional scenes that have already been filmed. --Tokyograph
-_- -_- -_-

knuts

Post by knuts » Apr 6th, '08, 19:57

anybody seen the SP? is it any good?

Lotikuma

Post by Lotikuma » Apr 7th, '08, 13:17

I just finished to Dl it and just saw some moments ...
there are basically all the episode in it . But i think that Kaoru talks about all thoses moments too or something like this.

The real sequel should be the movie too i think.
btw, the Sp got a rating of 21.5% which is really good for a drama which is aired at this time.
Yay !

delicarain

Post by delicarain » Apr 8th, '08, 15:15

knuts wrote:anybody seen the SP? is it any good?
Do you mean the SP one-night special?
Basically, it was a summary of all that has happened (old scenes) with, maybe, 5-minutes' worth of new scenes. It still ends with the same cliffhanger- we don't get a definite answer about Ogata, etc... Apparently an SP movie will follow.

knuts

Post by knuts » Apr 8th, '08, 16:14

delicarain wrote:
knuts wrote:anybody seen the SP? is it any good?
Do you mean the SP one-night special?
Basically, it was a summary of all that has happened (old scenes) with, maybe, 5-minutes' worth of new scenes. It still ends with the same cliffhanger- we don't get a definite answer about Ogata, etc... Apparently an SP movie will follow.
:-( I know it was said before, that it would mainly be
a recap
, but to have that confirmed... :-( ...cheap cheap cheap of who ever's idea it was to make such Special. :glare:

but thanks for your info :D

venik

Post by venik » May 4th, '08, 07:58

This drama has won the 56th television drama academy awards. :-)
I think I should go and watch this drama :P

For those that watched the series, is it really the best drama from end 2007 till begin 2008?

usmang

Post by usmang » May 14th, '08, 13:12

i'm really expecting the SP to end it all, but hopefully the movie will do it. btw, what does it say on the very last frame of the SP SP? is it about the movie?

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » May 15th, '08, 00:05

venik wrote:This drama has won the 56th television drama academy awards. :-)
I think I should go and watch this drama :P

For those that watched the series, is it really the best drama from end 2007 till begin 2008?
Please refer to previous posts. You'll get tons of reviews/comments from the people who've seen it.

sword_of_heaven

Post by sword_of_heaven » Sep 12th, '08, 19:01

Okay I watched SP and I was like WTH... I mean, it was just the same stuff recapped with a To be Continued...
My theory is that Ogata was responsible for that chief's death (you know the chief who orchestrated the whole attack on the prime minster but nothing else.

Also, I think the reason they made that sniper hit him with a paint gun was probably to create a distraction while the other guy could shoot him. Though that seems inane and pointless. Or maybe there was another reason because I'm not sure anybody even knew this guy (the guy who killed Inoue's parents) would even turn up over there. And what was up with that bald guy? Just how many people were trying to kill that minister anyway???
Okay another thing...
Inoue didn't shoot the terrorist in the last episode coz he pretty much lost his gun and his shooting arm was injured, I believe? Though I'm not too sure why the others didn't shoot, and how could they not catch him before Inoue headed up the stage considering that he, the minister and the guy shooting were WALKING while the others were running to catch 'em.
I'm not that interested in the movie but
If Ogata turns out to be a viglant head or something, then the plot twist would be really interesting and make it worth it. Otherwise, the ending was not such a great deal, considering the promise this series had.

Camui

I am so ticked off!

Post by Camui » Dec 22nd, '08, 06:12

:x :crazy:
I just watched the whole series so far. I REALLY enjoyed it. I thought it was interesting & well done. That said, I hated the way they did certain things. I have two big examples of a number of things that bothered me.

The first is that 'investor' they were protecting from the Beatles 'Cleaners'. By having their vehicle drive by as Ogata walks away implies that they successfully killed the guy. If I was that guy & I no longer had any protection, I would have gotten out of there & gone to a different location. Even though they implied he died, some sort of closure would have really been nice. Either a newspaper article, a quick news bulletin, or some sort of quick conversation between people. Heck, even show the 'cleaners' find the guy & imply they killed him.

I have been wanting the prime minister to die for a long time today. I wanted something very bad to happen to him. I was expecting something to happen to him at the ceremony & I seriously wanted him to die somehow.

I was hoping Inoue would do it but I didn't think it was very likely. I was so excited when the guy who murdered Inoue's parents showed up with a gun. I was soooo ticked off by how LAMELY he tried to kill the prime minister. He had PLENTY of opportunites to really kill him before the chase scene, during it, & after without hitting Inoue.

When the prime minister was safe....I felt terrible. Abominable even. Then he opened his mouth & gave a very terse & worthless apology before getting out of there........ I would have shot him just for that, ignoring everything else about the past & focusing on just what happened during & after the ceremony. The fact that the prime minister realized Inoue was the kid, made it even worse. WHY COULD THEY HAVE NOT SOMEHOW KILLED HIM?!

Even making the prime minister trip on the stairs & break his neck would have sufficed. Having a light fixture fall & kill him would have been good too.

Those were some things that really bothered me.

I was also confused by the ending. It wouldn't surprise me if Ogata was somehow involved in the behind the scenes dealings. I am not really sure I want to watch the Special Police movie, although I would not have hesitated if the prime minister had died.

charingyu

Post by charingyu » Apr 10th, '09, 14:18

i just finsihed watching 9, 10, 11 and the SP last night at 4 am (phew..i finished the whole series in 3 nights) :cheers:

I was so confuse about the twist at 11...and was totally hoping that the SP would clear the twist up..but I was disaapointed....about the twist unsolve...but even more with the content of the special :glare:

I really hope the movie would clear stuff up

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Apr 10th, '09, 15:25

charingyu wrote:i just finsihed watching 9, 10, 11 and the SP last night at 4 am (phew..i finished the whole series in 3 nights) :cheers:

I was so confuse about the twist at 11...and was totally hoping that the SP would clear the twist up..but I was disaapointed....about the twist unsolve...but even more with the content of the special :glare:

I am watching SP with my Dad RIGHT NOW!

We are in episode 10 already...

This is my second time watching the drama. I am hoping to understand the ending this time...But then looking at your post made me think that I wouldn't understand it anyway...Will have to wait for the movie then.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Apr 11th, '09, 23:22

My opinion on the ending:
Having seen this drama some time back what I can remember is that Ogata had repeatedly stated that the SP methods in Japan were out-dated compared to America and didn't he want to impliment some sort of change? So perhaps he orchastrated most of these events especially the sniping of the PM to show the higher-ups that change was needed and needed immediately. Of course not having the PM killed but shot with paint or whatever would give the PM food for thought and basically the PM and higher-ups would most likely push for a change in how the SP operate.
Just my take. Thought SP was a decent enough drama and will watch the movie to see what happens.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Apr 11th, '09, 23:44

charingyu wrote:i just finsihed watching 9, 10, 11 and the SP last night at 4 am (phew..i finished the whole series in 3 nights) :cheers:

Movie?! I wasn't aware they were coming out with one lol
I can't wait since I wanna know what happens at the end of episode 11

charingyu

Post by charingyu » Apr 13th, '09, 06:03

sahansah wrote:My opinion on the ending:
Having seen this drama some time back what I can remember is that Ogata had repeatedly stated that the SP methods in Japan were out-dated compared to America and didn't he want to impliment some sort of change? So perhaps he orchastrated most of these events especially the sniping of the PM to show the higher-ups that change was needed and needed immediately. Of course not having the PM killed but shot with paint or whatever would give the PM food for thought and basically the PM and higher-ups would most likely push for a change in how the SP operate.
Just my take. Thought SP was a decent enough drama and will watch the movie to see what happens.
Oh! Cool! i think that might be possible. He always want changes. It will be so thrilling if they is the case in the movie XD
Camui wrote::x :crazy:
I just watched the whole series so far. I REALLY enjoyed it. I thought it was interesting & well done. That said, I hated the way they did certain things. I have two big examples of a number of things that bothered me.

The first is that 'investor' they were protecting from the Beatles 'Cleaners'. By having their vehicle drive by as Ogata walks away implies that they successfully killed the guy. If I was that guy & I no longer had any protection, I would have gotten out of there & gone to a different location. Even though they implied he died, some sort of closure would have really been nice. Either a newspaper article, a quick news bulletin, or some sort of quick conversation between people. Heck, even show the 'cleaners' find the guy & imply they killed him.

I have been wanting the prime minister to die for a long time today. I wanted something very bad to happen to him. I was expecting something to happen to him at the ceremony & I seriously wanted him to die somehow.

I was hoping Inoue would do it but I didn't think it was very likely. I was so excited when the guy who murdered Inoue's parents showed up with a gun. I was soooo ticked off by how LAMELY he tried to kill the prime minister. He had PLENTY of opportunites to really kill him before the chase scene, during it, & after without hitting Inoue.

When the prime minister was safe....I felt terrible. Abominable even. Then he opened his mouth & gave a very terse & worthless apology before getting out of there........ I would have shot him just for that, ignoring everything else about the past & focusing on just what happened during & after the ceremony. The fact that the prime minister realized Inoue was the kid, made it even worse. WHY COULD THEY HAVE NOT SOMEHOW KILLED HIM?!

Even making the prime minister trip on the stairs & break his neck would have sufficed. Having a light fixture fall & kill him would have been good too.

Those were some things that really bothered me.

I was also confused by the ending. It wouldn't surprise me if Ogata was somehow involved in the behind the scenes dealings. I am not really sure I want to watch the Special Police movie, although I would not have hesitated if the prime minister had died.
I totally agree with you.
When the guy held the gun...i was like 'thank god. The PM is finally going to die' but...disappointment. That man had plenty of time to shoot...even when the crowd was panicking(why didn't the crowd run him over)...and he just have to wait until all the SP flies out == JUST SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER! I really hate the attitude of the PM...he better dies in the movie.
[/spoiler]

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Mar 29th, '10, 07:38

The more I think about it, the more I think that
Ogata was behind ALL the attacks after Inoue joined SP, except the psycho reporter. He desperately wanted the system to change, and with someone like Inoue as an SP, he could set up real attacks and still be pretty sure that they wouldn't succeed. The increased attacks would give him a better case for changing the way SP operated, increasing manpower & funding, etc. BTW, it it just me, or were there more SP personnel there in the office during the first episode or two, but then later on you only ever see the 5 "regulars"??
As for the investor guy,
Ogata was behind those attacks as well, that's why he was so upset when they got pulled off the case & also why he told the guy to "call the number on this card NOW" for a bodyguard, because he knew the "cleaners" would be there soon and there was nothing else he could do - no way to cancel the order to kill him. The "cleaners" driving by as Ogata was leaving doesn't 100% mean that the guy got killed, IF he called the number right away & the new bodyguard came, or IF he left the hotel right away after Ogata left, but I think it was intended as a clue that Ogata was involved. Ogata wouldn't have known the specific attacks the cleaners would make, but again, he was relying on Inoue to keep Marutai safe.
The main thing that bothered me about the whole "attack on the PM" plot was that
as they're evacuating, EVERYONE on the right is running to the left, and EVERYONE on the left is running to the right!! Yeah, there are other things like NO one shooting the shooter, but the criss-crossing of the panicked people actually made me laugh. I guess it was easier to get the extras moving that way?? :roll
*I* didn't know the "special" was just a recap, so I was really disappointed that there was practically no new information. I hope the movie (is it out yet?) will wrap things up nicely, but not counting on it. (~_~)

phoinos

Post by phoinos » Jun 4th, '11, 01:46

The movie was released! I've been waiting YEARS for some resolution of that cliffhanger ending for the TV series and the special, and I'm so excited to see that a movie is finally out!!!!

I hope some awesome and generous subber group picks it up eventually. This series has been lingering in the back of my mind for so long... I need closure!

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jun 5th, '11, 08:53

phoinos wrote:The movie was released! I've been waiting YEARS for some resolution of that cliffhanger ending for the TV series and the special, and I'm so excited to see that a movie is finally out!!!!

I hope some awesome and generous subber group picks it up eventually. This series has been lingering in the back of my mind for so long... I need closure!
not to disappoint you, but i din find the closure in the 2-part movie was exactly that WOW. and it was kinda draggy. dividing the movie into two parts was very unnecessary. i personally felt the drama was much better.

well.. probably expectation was set too high after watching the drama...

phoinos

Post by phoinos » Jun 9th, '11, 00:42

totemokakkoii wrote:
phoinos wrote:The movie was released! I've been waiting YEARS for some resolution of that cliffhanger ending for the TV series and the special, and I'm so excited to see that a movie is finally out!!!!

not to disappoint you, but i din find the closure in the 2-part movie was exactly that WOW. and it was kinda draggy. dividing the movie into two parts was very unnecessary. i personally felt the drama was much better.

well.. probably expectation was set too high after watching the drama...

:| That is disappointing to hear, especially after all this time waiting for resolution. Oh well! I'll still watch it, out of love of the drama. I'd take anything, at this point.....

Uzma

Post by Uzma » Sep 24th, '11, 22:40

My favourite drama by far.

YoNnA

Post by YoNnA » Sep 27th, '11, 10:42

I just finished watching SP The Motion Picture : Kakumei Hen.
I checked at dramawiki there is a prequel to this movies, Kakumei Zenjitsu. I dont remember seeing the raw of this special. Can someone tell me all the SP episodes?
Since I watched Yabo Hen months ago, I'm a lil bit confuse when watching Kakumei Hen. Thinking to rewatch the drama again. So I need to find all the episodes. Thank you in advance!

Yu Ominae

Post by Yu Ominae » Jan 15th, '12, 09:45

Use this for reference.

Been going over the SP TV OST and I noted that there's a music piece that I haven't heard yet. I watched the TV special episode and heard an unfamiliar music piece from when Asada's being escorted by other SPs to his personal car before going to Eisho University for a speech. Anyone knows that music?