[Discussion]Sasaki Fuufu no Jinginaki Tatakai -Inagaki Goro

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
jump

[Discussion]Sasaki Fuufu no Jinginaki Tatakai -Inagaki Goro

Post by jump » Nov 5th, '07, 21:10

佐々木夫妻の仁義なき戦い (Sasaki Fuufu no Jinginaki Tatakai)
Time: TBS Sunday 9pm
Starting Date: January 2008
Official Site : http://www.tbs.co.jp/program/jingi_sasaki.html
Cast: Inagaki Gorou, Koyuki, Koide Keisuke, Sakai Wakana, Furuta Arata,
Yamamoto Koushi, Sakurai Sachiko, Enami Kyoko, Nishimuta Masahiko, Fujita Makoto

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Nov 6th, '07, 00:26

DramaWiki: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sasaki_Fusai_ ... ki_Tatakai

Inagaki, Koyuki to star in comedy series
Wed, October 31, 2007 (6:38pm EDT)
SMAP's Goro Inagaki and actress Koyuki will co-star in an original drama series on TBS this winter.

"Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai" is described as a love comedy. Inagaki and Koyuki play the Sasakis, two lawyers with opposite personalities. They've been married for three years, but their heated quarrels lead them to the courtroom to settle a possible divorce, with the two representing themselves.

Their domestic battles are one of the highlights of the show, says producer Masanao Takahashi. He mentioned that the couple nearly gets into fistfights. Viewers will even get a chance to see Inagaki in a wrestling uniform (his character was part of his university's wrestling club).

TBS has lined up a supporting cast that includes Keisuke Koide, Wakana Sakai, Masahiko Nishimura, and Makoto Fujita as staff members of the legal office. Koji Yamamoto has been cast as one of Inagaki's university classmates, while Arata Furuta plays one of Koyuki's close friends, a gay masseur.

Filming begins at the end of November. The show will air on Sundays at 9:00pm, starting in January.

- Tokyograph

Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai
Date: January 2008, Sundays 9.00 p.m.
Station: TBS
Cast: Inagaki Goro, Koyuki, Koide Keisuke, Sakai Wakana, Furuta Arata, Yamamoto Koji, Fujita Makoto
Synopsis: Inagaki Goro and Koyuki star as the Sasakis, a married couple with contrasting personalities in this love comedy. Sasaki Horin, is an idealistic lawyer who is precise and sensitive. The office he runs together with his wife, Ritsuko, a competent lawyer, is doing well but their marriage is on the brink of collapse due to the lifestyle difference between himself and his ill-mannered wife. One unwashed plate develops to an interpretation of the constitution, and the couple finally head towards divorce.

- From SPCNET.TV Forums

Personally, I can't wait to see this. We'll be in for some physical comedy (fistfights and all), but I hope the story/dialogue will be smartly written. And of course, it doesn't hurt that Goro's in it. :)

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jan 13th, '08, 22:07

I'm really looking forward to this drama. I'm hoping this drama will end up being subbed because the commercial looks really hilarious. IMO, it feels like the more entertaining SMAP drama this season. It doesn't hurt that there's such a wonderfully talented cast too.

*crosses fingers for subs*

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 13th, '08, 22:42

Rikayla wrote:I'm really looking forward to this drama. I'm hoping this drama will end up being subbed because the commercial looks really hilarious. IMO, it feels like the more entertaining SMAP drama this season. It doesn't hurt that there's such a wonderfully talented cast too.

Oooh. Where did you find the commercial? *begs with puppy eyes* :cry:

I totally agree about it sounding like the more interesting SMAP drama this season. The cast is just awesome, and the website banner is pretty hilarious.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jan 14th, '08, 00:32

ryoko11 wrote:
Rikayla wrote:I'm really looking forward to this drama. I'm hoping this drama will end up being subbed because the commercial looks really hilarious. IMO, it feels like the more entertaining SMAP drama this season. It doesn't hurt that there's such a wonderfully talented cast too.

Oooh. Where did you find the commercial? *begs with puppy eyes* :cry:
You can find the commercial here at Tudou. I couldn't find it on YouTube, so I hope that works for you. ^^

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 14th, '08, 01:03

Thank you!!! It worked great. It looks like it'll be really funny. :lol Something about the Goro with that horribly disheveled hair is just adorable too... pathetic, but adorable. One week to go.

ManweVaire

Post by ManweVaire » Jan 14th, '08, 02:53

thank you for the link Rikayla! :)
look at Goro, lol... :lol

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Jan 14th, '08, 10:02

It really shocks me that there is no fansubbing team or even individual subber announced for this on the fansuib map. I've heard loads of people say how excited they are for this! :blink

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 14th, '08, 17:15

TabooxNightmare wrote:It really shocks me that there is no fansubbing team or even individual subber announced for this on the fansuib map. I've heard loads of people say how excited they are for this! :blink
I admit it surprised me too. With Koyuki and Goro heading the cast, I was expecting this to be snatched up almost as fast as Honey and Clover and 1 Pound Gospel. I always have a few dramas on my watch list that are raw each season, so it won't stop me from watching in the slightest if this doesn't get subbed. I just didn't expect it to be among my raw viewing. :blink

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Jan 14th, '08, 18:54

I admit it surprised me too. With Koyuki and Goro heading the cast, I was expecting this to be snatched up almost as fast as Honey and Clover and 1 Pound Gospel. I always have a few dramas on my watch list that are raw each season, so it won't stop me from watching in the slightest if this doesn't get subbed. I just didn't expect it to be among my raw viewing. :blink
Quite a few Goro dramas, even recent ones, have never been subbed, so concerning him, I'm not that surprised. But I somehow expected it for the fact that Koyuki's in it, and I never expect any SMAP dorama to be snatched up as fast as the dorama of younger Johnny's, especially not Toma and any younger JE boys like KAT-TUn, I just don't anymore unless it's a Kimura dorama.... :unsure:
I will definitely watch this too, even raw, but subbed would be much more enjoyable for me... I would just have been happy about a little more Goro-chan appreciation...

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Jan 14th, '08, 23:25

Sadly, I'd say this is true. I think there is less enthusiasm for the older Johnnys -- around these parts, anyway -- than for the younger ones, and even lesser appreciation for Goro. He does good work and tends to do well in comedic roles (Warai no Daigaku, for example), so it really is a shame that this drama is not being subbed. :( Hopefully this will be picked up eventually, or at least have detailed summaries...

If anyone's interested, here's a longer Sasaki Fusai preview I clipped from the 2008 TBS Drama Carnival video uploaded by massaru.

Veoh: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v29310642zHT4ARz
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?8sxtxjmzbnj
MegaUpload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RXGBBH6M

And some related news clips (don't know the names of the programs):
News Clip 1 (8.21 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?7znzjyi2nzi
News Clip 2 (12.15 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?bm9mk0plql9
News Clip 3 (9.5 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?9xm0mklsmj5
News Clip 4 (5.5 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?8x2jr4mkisz

The cast (Inagaki Goro, Koide Keisuke, and Sakai Wakana) will appear on Tokyo Friend Park II next Monday, Jan. 21 to promote their drama.

Should be a lot of fun! :D

White Star

Post by White Star » Jan 15th, '08, 04:15

Image from the official website looks fun. I absolutely adore Koyuki Please!!!!!! someone....sub this drama.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jan 16th, '08, 02:30

Dashling wrote:The cast (Inagaki Goro, Koide Keisuke, and Sakai Wakana) will appear on Tokyo Friend Park II next Monday, Jan. 21 to promote their drama.
:O Really?! That sounds hilarious! *lol*

Thanks for telling us because TFPII is one of my favourite variety shows. :D

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Jan 16th, '08, 08:34

Thank you for the clips, Dashling! I've seen those already, but I think everyone should have least try one or two to see what a truly great cast it is - they all do look as if they have fun and comfortable around each oher, I hope that chemistry will show in their acting, too.

Well, as soon as the torrent is out I hope there will be enough subbing requests so that someone might still pick it up. :whistling:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 20th, '08, 12:41

im the middle of watching the first episode right now
its pretty funny
ill be putting this one on my definate watch list
Koyuki and Goro make an awsome pair ^_^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 20th, '08, 13:29

I loved the animated CG used for this drama! :lol: Its a funny yet heart-warming drama about a young married couple^^ And apparently they will relate the case job they get in every episode with their daily marriage life. For Ep1, it was about garbage.
Koyuki's character is a nice surprise! I like Ritsuko... although I can understand Goro's feelings about her dirty habits xD And Goro's face everytime he tried to hold back his anger is hillarious! Love it!!
Goro may be the best on-screen partner for Koyuki, among SMAP members^^ Koyuki didn't had chemistry with Tsuyoshi nor Kimura. But her pairing with Goro works!

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 20th, '08, 22:00

i definitely agree that Koyuki looks good with Goro! i just got the first episode from clubbox, but i havent watched it, i just immediately checked Smap's new song! :lol

btw, here is the ED, i like this new song from Smap. :-)

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 20th, '08, 23:01

Thank you, marienella! I like the new song. Can't wait for the full episode (downloading now)!

I agree that Goro and Koyuki look perfect together, and the chemistry seems great from the appearances and clips so far. Everybody's comments on episode one sound promising too.

White Star

Post by White Star » Jan 21st, '08, 00:43

marienella_m wrote:i definitely agree that Koyuki looks good with Goro! i just got the first episode from clubbox, but i havent watched it, i just immediately checked Smap's new song! :lol

btw, here is the ED, i like this new song from Smap. :-)
You can get on clubbox? really? i didn't know that. could you share the link? PLEASE?

^____^

I'm so excited about this series

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 21st, '08, 01:14

from kangjegu's clubbox:
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/kangjegu/0so9g

the video in that cb is the same as the one uploaded here in d-a.:)

White Star

Post by White Star » Jan 21st, '08, 03:58

Thanks a lot marienella_m.
Hopefully this drama would get popular and someone would english sub this

I love Goro facial expression. The Slow Motion part are pretty funny too. They do really make a good couple on screen.

Don't understand a word they are saying. But from what I can tell. Goro's character first thought how lucky is he to get a girl as gorgerous as Koyuki's character. But after they are married, I think the words that are coming up in his mind is 'oh crap, i did i get myself into.'

I finally DL Ep 1 from DA torrent.
here's my attempt to screencaps

it took me a long while to do this so I hope you like them.

P.S. it is OK to post screencaps right? I don't post alot on this forum so I'm not sure. anyways, if i broke the rules...please don't ban me.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Jan 21st, '08, 04:30

thanks for the caps, White Star, looks so funny :D

i really hope someone subs this, too. we should start a petition hehe

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Jan 21st, '08, 04:56

thanks for the caps.. looks good!

Megumi@CS

Post by Megumi@CS » Jan 21st, '08, 05:15

This was hilarious! I just finished watching it and from the 1st scene I was laughing so hard. :cheers: I didn't expect for it to be this funny. I can't believe it hasn't been picked up for subbing. :pale: If the rest of the show is anything like the first episode, it should be a big hit!

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Jan 21st, '08, 08:14

I loved it!! I really love its quirky style! Even an hour after watching the first episode, I have still have a big smile on my face. The ending song by SMAP is quite nice, too. :D Download the rip here: http://www.mediafire.com/?4ykbl92q4jp

I have great hopes for this drama because the plot reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Adam's Rib starring Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn. And indeed there are some similarities: a comedy about married lawyers, who are on opposing sides of a battlefield, and a case that spills over into their personal life (or vice versa). Also like the movie, the main characters are cleverly named -- the first kanji of Horin and Ritsuko's names create the word "horitsu," meaning "law."

If Bara no nai Hanaya is the must-watch serious drama this season, Sasaki Fusai is the must-watch comedy. I'm hoping like mad that someone will sub this since it's probably important to fully understand the verbal sparring and legalese. :pray:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 21st, '08, 11:38

@White Star maybe you should put those screen caps in a spoiler ^_^

i cant believe no one has put up their hand to sb this one
its really funny and has some great actors whats going on in the subbing world (haha i say that even though im part of it)

i was expecting a little more physical fighting after that first bit but im sure we'll see some in the spisodes to come ^_^

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Jan 21st, '08, 11:57

Megumi@CS wrote:This was hilarious! I just finished watching it and from the 1st scene I was laughing so hard. :cheers: I didn't expect for it to be this funny. I can't believe it hasn't been picked up for subbing. :pale: If the rest of the show is anything like the first episode, it should be a big hit!
WHAT? NO SUBBING? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING?

kiwi_ichigo

Post by kiwi_ichigo » Jan 21st, '08, 12:19

I'm still hoping that someone is going to sub this show. I watched the trailer and it was hilarious! XD I'll definately watch it even without subs.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 21st, '08, 16:09

I have great hopes for this drama because the plot reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Adam's Rib starring Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn.
Adam's Rib was the first thing I thought of too, when I first read the description. Great film! And it definitely does have the similarities like you mentioned.

The first episode was LMAO funny. I figured I'd just peek at the beginning before going to bed after the download finished. Yeah right. I got well and truly sucked in and ended up sitting up in a cold computer room until near 1am to finish. I'd totally agree that this is the must watch comedy of the season. Wish I understood more of some of the banter and legalese too... Still hilarious raw.

The slow motion parts kill me--especially Goro and Koyuki's expressions! And the CG was really cute and well used too!
I loved it when he was looking for the Mozart CD, and all of the cases he checked had the wrong CDs in them. Then the whole thing snowballs into her stomping his Mozart cases. So he stomps on the Sharan-Q in retaliation, and Ritsuko accidentally runs right into the wall trying to stop him then screams, "Domestic violecene!" So he runs like heck as she throws CDs at him in slow motion, and finally he tries to hide in the closet only to get buried under an avalanche! :lol
So many hilarious parts in this show. Funniest first episode I've seen in a while.

bshater

Post by bshater » Jan 21st, '08, 16:29

wow, i can't believe no one is subbing this drama, whose directors and script writer had produced two masterpieces, Byakuyakou and Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu. and not to mention the great actors and actresses in this. :(

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Jan 21st, '08, 20:58

So it is true then? No group or person is subbing this? That is a great shame.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 21st, '08, 21:29

The Pinny Parlour wrote:So it is true then? No group or person is subbing this? That is a great shame.

Yeah, I think that's the most commonly expressed sentiment about this show on the whole thread. Almost every post for three pages now. :lol

Anyhow, ratings are out for episode 1! 17.3% :D

And here are two more Goro caps that I really laughed at:
Attachments
Blond Goro standing next to Dubbuyah cracks me up everytime.
Blond Goro standing next to Dubbuyah cracks me up everytime.
snapshot20080121170009.jpg (34.77 KiB) Viewed 4492 times
My absolute favorite Goro facial expression!
My absolute favorite Goro facial expression!
snapshot20080121170431.jpg (53.13 KiB) Viewed 4492 times

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Jan 21st, '08, 22:24

ryoko11 wrote:The slow motion parts kill me--especially Goro and Koyuki's expressions! And the CG was really cute and well used too!
Agreed! The CG and special effects add extra charm to the story, and my gosh the facial expressions. :lol Awesome acting by Goro and Koyuki.

Another hilarious bit is when
Horin puts the garbage bag over Ritsuko and starts ranting, his voice squeaking just a bit while doing so.
The rating is pretty good, but I think it'll climb higher later on. :thumright:

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 21st, '08, 23:29

Dashling wrote: Another hilarious bit is when
Horin puts the garbage bag over Ritsuko and starts ranting, his voice squeaking just a bit while doing so.
The rating is pretty good, but I think it'll climb higher later on. :thumright:
I loved that part too!
I loved that little bit of hysteria and squeakiness in his voice in that scene. It was a perfect touch the way he played it. And his spider nest hair was kinda icing on the cake from a visual perspective. :lol

I'd love to see the ratings go into the twenties at some point for this one. I think it's the second highest rating for an opening episode this season. Only Bara no Nai Hanaya did better, if I'm remembering correctly. I'm really happy for Goro, Koyuki, and the rest of the cast.

And for some reason I get a real kick out of seeing Sakai Wakana and Koyuki playing together again. Yeah, I'm a Kimi wa Petto fan. hehe

watermelonc1

Post by watermelonc1 » Jan 22nd, '08, 12:14

Oh my god, from the caps it looks sooooooooo funny!

Fansubbers, please please please I beg you please sub this please.. *begs*

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 22nd, '08, 22:09

for fellow Goro fans, he, Koide Keisuke and Sakai Wakana were guests on Tokyo Friend Park II last Monday to promote their new drama.
here is the link for that episode:
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/kangjegu/9v8ag

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Jan 23rd, '08, 03:05

Thanks for the link, marienella. Goro did very well on TFP! His performance improved compared to his last two appearances -- not that he wasn't good those times, because he was. Too bad the video cut off before the talk in the dressing room.

Apparently his character's romaji name is Norimichi and not Horin, which would make sense since they kept calling him Nori-sensei. :P

There's a video of the Making Of special on Pandora TV, which includes the filming of the CD argument. :lol But it takes a while to load, if at all.

After looking at the official site's BBS (using an online translator), the comments on Ep 1 seem to be all positive so far. :) One poster also said that sales of Jingi's Pan are over 700,000(?) so far. Yay for the cast and crew!

gakinme

Post by gakinme » Jan 26th, '08, 00:42

I am almost done translating the major conversations of episode 1 until some subbers pick it up, hopefully. I'm a Goro fan and this drama is way better than the last one so when I have time, I'll try to keep up with it. But I'm not a subber or a translator and have no wish to be one. These are just basic translations and not word for word and is based on the Chinese subtitles.

http://z2.invisionfree.com/kinkikids/in ... try4034224

Sandra aka kimurafan

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 26th, '08, 14:54

For anyone who hasn't been following, great news has appeared in the torrent comments for episode 1!

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... htm#973033

Hooray for Momoflower and Haruspex! :cheers: :wub:

altec1

Post by altec1 » Jan 26th, '08, 17:26

Momoflower and Haruspex are subbing!

YAY! :mrgreen:

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Jan 27th, '08, 11:47

Lol, and know we can go on about how happy we are this'll get subbed ^^"""
I think it's gonna gain more viewers once it's subbed. :mrgreen:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 27th, '08, 23:40

2nd episode was pretty good too
not as good as the first episode in my opinion
but deffinatly not bad ^_^

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Jan 28th, '08, 00:24

The humor was toned down in Ep 2, but it was still good.
The ending tugged at my heartstrings. The look on their faces :cry:. Even though the whole premise of this show is about their divorce, they're so sweet together (when they're not screaming at each other) that you can't help but root for them to stay that way. But I'll be counting on a happy ending!

hey9

Post by hey9 » Feb 1st, '08, 18:32

wow, i was just looking at the ratings on the wiki page, looks like a huge drop from the first to the second episode.

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Feb 3rd, '08, 10:34

hey9 wrote:wow, i was just looking at the ratings on the wiki page, looks like a huge drop from the first to the second episode.
Wow, you're right. Well, I don't know about that, but maybe there's another show in that slot which has got more viewers. i'm still a bit peeved since in my opinion it was still a very good episode.

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Mar 2nd, '08, 13:31

About tonight's Episode 7:
What? What? Ritsuko's pregnant, and she's already going into labor the next episode? :blink I was predicting a pregnancy would happen at the end of the series, as a happy development signaling the end of the divorce battle, but this threw me for a loop. Can someone please explain what went on during the end of the ep, especially during the preview?
Even though the ratings are low, it's still one of the best dramas this season, IMO. Placing #3 on Oricon's chart for most satisfying/most anticipated dramas of Winter 2008 should count for something.

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Mar 6th, '08, 09:44

Dashling wrote: Even though the ratings are low, it's still one of the best dramas this season, IMO. Placing #3 on Oricon's chart for most satisfying/most anticipated dramas of Winter 2008 should count for something.
Oh, honestly? That's cool! Well, it has a great cast, after all.
I musta dmit it bored even me a little, but with a lovely cast a lot can be helped.

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Mar 8th, '08, 14:36

Just started watching ep 6. GOROLEO!!!!

uladelz

Post by uladelz » Mar 13th, '08, 20:16

Each episode getting more interesting and touching. This series brought me into SMAP fandom world. Lol, love the main theme so much. Btw, from 7 ep:
Why Goro said, Sorry, 'i will pass' in the end? From official site, i found out it's just a joke (from babelfish nonsense translation though) but is it true?

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Mar 17th, '08, 04:07

Regarding episode 4:
Anyone notice the entire episode being strikingly similar to [それでもボクはやってない] ? :sweat:
No idea if the spinoff / parody was intended but yeah, I just watched the movie recently so it kinda bothered me a bit... :fear:

hikaru_11

Post by hikaru_11 » Mar 23rd, '08, 12:57

it just ended! :cry: i loved this drama from episode two til the end (ep 1 kinda bored me). i'm so glad i didn't give up on it. :roll akira is soo cute XD
and he looked like nori with the hair and all XD
they look good together ne? :) hehe. great drama! kickoff for the year :D

uladelz

Post by uladelz » Mar 29th, '08, 01:34

I LOVE the ending! It's really a great series! Love Goro-chan! and Koyuki is so prettyyyy. And Akira is soooo cuteeeeeeee They are just a perfect happy family XD

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » May 9th, '08, 17:08

I just watched the fourth episode and found it lovely. But the thing that the lawyer couple "didn't have :mrgreen: a proper marriage life" for "one year, 7 months and 20 days" is just ridiculous to me. You know what I mean. :D

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » May 11th, '08, 20:59

Funny show with good stories to support a messy divorce. Preferred watching the lawyers brawl more than mesmerising over oHanaya-san.