[Discussion] SP/Security Police

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Yaz

[Discussion] SP/Security Police

Post by Yaz » Oct 21st, '07, 06:28

does anyone have new tv dramar series called SP ?
It's all directed by the guy who did Odoru Daisousa Sen.

I've been waiting for it to be uploaded. I hope I see it soon.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 21st, '07, 06:37

-_-;;

First of all, this is not the place to request upload.
Second, it doesn't air until Nov. 3
Third, obviously someone would upload a prime time series like this.

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Oct 21st, '07, 07:36

oh oops! sry, i thought it came on like this saturday ><sry><

sry and thnx

Magicus

Post by Magicus » Oct 21st, '07, 19:01

This is the drama I'm anticipating the most. It feels like they have actually picked the best people for the roles rather than relying purely on the popularity of the stars. Production staff is impressive as well; Motohiro Katsuyuki of Odoru Daisousasen fame and Kaneshiro Kazuki, who wrote the novel "GO," which Kudo Kankuro later adapted into an awesome movie.

Dramawiki Info

SP CM:

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Oct 21st, '07, 21:09

omg i thought this already aired since a lot of the other fall dramas have already aired!! i here i was all excited for nothing! o well. i'm really looking foward to this since i like Maki Yoko and Tsutsumi Shinichi!! 8) i also really like the timeslot! cause a lot of good dramas have aired at the time (i.e. LIAR GAME, LIFE) so this should also be good! can't wait for it!

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Oct 22nd, '07, 01:58

kawaiimomo wrote:omg i thought this already aired since a lot of the other fall dramas have already aired!! i here i was all excited for nothing! o well. i'm really looking foward to this since i like Maki Yoko and Tsutsumi Shinichi!! 8) i also really like the timeslot! cause a lot of good dramas have aired at the time (i.e. LIAR GAME, LIFE) so this should also be good! can't wait for it!
Same here! I'm eagerly anticipating SP but it seems to be an eternity to its premiere two weeks later. It seems like SP may have only 8-9 episodes judging by how late into the season its starting.

The first episode will be extended by an extra 15 min :mrgreen:

minnilu

Post by minnilu » Oct 26th, '07, 21:39

only a week left till SP starts airing :D
nobody knows how may episodes SP is gonna have...does anybody?

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 26th, '07, 21:56

It will be 11 episodes according to couple of sources, unless there's a change due to rating or some other factors after broadcast.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 4th, '07, 00:41

It's finally aired! :cheers:

The new action-drama series "SP" (Fuji TV, Saturday, 11:10 p.m.) is about the men and women who, wearing dark suits, sunglasses and permanent scowls, protect Japan's top government officials when they are in public. Though "SP" is thought to stand for "secret police," in the case of rookie agent Inoue (Junichi Okada), it also means "super powers," since he possesses capabilities that his colleagues can't even comprehend.
In this week's episode, Inoue faints during a training exercise and is brought to the hospital, where he is told that he is super-stressed out. Inoue desperately wants to get married and has attended many meetings set up by a matchmaker, but to no avail.

Inoue's superior, Okada (Shinichi Tsutsumi), gives him an assignment: protect a former prime minister (Shigeru Tsuyuki) while he secretly undergoes medical tests in the hospital.

Source: Japan Times

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Nov 4th, '07, 04:27

Okay, i must confess to being very disappointed with epi 1. But think it's me rather than the drama. Was expecting similar intelligent humor we had from the Odoru Daisousasen, the sensitive protrayal of characters commonly seen in Kaneshiro Kazuki works and surprisingly i could find none of these traits from the pilot of SP.

If we discard expectations then SP is pretty allright, at least effort was spent crafting all the action sequences etc. The case presented in epi 1 was rather unwhelming but the ending sets up for the possiblity of a bigger & grander conspiracy which does trigger one's desire to carry on with the drama... kinna akin to UNFAIR but less exciting.

minnilu

Post by minnilu » Nov 4th, '07, 18:16

ehh?... you already watched it? ...*lol*
i'm gonna download the raw now xD~ ... wish us luck ...haha... finally QBS can start subbing it's first series :D

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Nov 4th, '07, 23:19

minnilu wrote:ehh?... you already watched it? ...*lol*
i'm gonna download the raw now xD~ ... wish us luck ...haha... finally QBS can start subbing it's first series :D
I usually use Winmx for raw gettings. BT doesn't work that well for me so....

My viewing experience was affected by the expectations prior to watching this and think the way to do this drama justice is to NOT to behave like me. Viewers should discard whatever expectations of wanting to relive some of the enjoyment we had from Odoru Daisousasen, Go, Fly Daddy Fly.

Oh, there are a lot of positives to draw from the first epi. Great subtle acting from Tsutsumi Shinichi. The production standards is much higher than the usual jdorama from the cinematography to small things like lighting. It is definitely worth anyone's effort to sub this and spread the potentially excellent viewing experience to more people. Best of luck with the subbing!

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 5th, '07, 15:28

Well the experience watching SP is certainly different from the other Kaneshiro works but I found it enjoyable. Haha I guess I was just too busy ogling at Tsutsumi Shinichi and marvelling at the action sequences to notice much else. :mrgreen:

The production standards are high as kokitty noted. Is there some sepia tone or sort used? I like the way the episode was shot and the score. Although Ep1 wasn't gripping or full of suspense (perhaps they're laying the groundwork for subsequent episodes), the overall execution of the story was pretty well done.
I still can't believe the police actually bought the story of that giant man. He wasn't just carrying one knife but lots of knives.
I'm looking forward to the next episode, the preview looks promising.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 6th, '07, 01:35

Screen caps:

seeshu

Post by seeshu » Nov 6th, '07, 08:04

Just saw the first ep. The storyline was a little predictable, but it was still pretty enjoyable. Yeah, you could tell the production values were pretty good. Plus, Okada Junichi looks extremely cute in a suit and tie.

Preview for ep 2 looks rather exciting too. I'll probably keep watching this series.
The terrorist guy with the knives was kind of... funny. I don't know why, but just the thought of some guy with a bunch of knives... and the police freed him -- a guy with a bunch of knives! What the heck?!

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 10th, '07, 08:34

Website with specially created desktop wallpapers of SP: http://blog.yam.com/speed2/article/12507006

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 12th, '07, 07:26

Wow, thanks for the wallpapers!

I can't believe how much I liked this series, maybe because I didn't expect anything. Okada is unbelievably cute in this role. :lol

Can't wait for episode 2! :wub:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 12th, '07, 12:44

Yeah me too. Got my hands on Ep 2 so I'll finally be able to watch it later. It seems that the story in Ep 2 isn't just an episodic one like in Ep 1 but instead stretches across a few eps.

I don't really believe very much in ratings but SP is the only drama besides Mop Girl to have enjoyed an increase in ratings from Ep 1. 17.6%! Good going. :thumleft:

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 12th, '07, 12:49

May I ask where you got ep. 2 from? I've been searching for it since yesterday... :O

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 12th, '07, 13:03

Maryvel wrote:May I ask where you got ep. 2 from? I've been searching for it since yesterday... :O
A Chinese website called Btpig. It hasn't been listed on DAddicts yet.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Nov 12th, '07, 13:15

raven_frost wrote: I don't really believe very much in ratings but SP is the only drama besides Mop Girl to have enjoyed an increase in ratings from Ep 1. 17.6%! Good going. :thumleft:
Not too sure if the increment in ratings is due to the actual positive feedback from ep 1 (if any) or the high lead-in audience from the volleyball match airing before SP. Perhaps a combination of both factors. i do enjoyed epi 02 better though, think the subtle humor is coming out more.

Anyway, think i need to have my eyes checked...
When Inoue was with the doctor talking abt his NGF, really thought i was seeing Bussan in Kisarazu Cats learning of his cancer scene again LOL

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 12th, '07, 14:02

raven_frost wrote:
Maryvel wrote:May I ask where you got ep. 2 from? I've been searching for it since yesterday... :O
Thanks a lot, I had to search the site for a long time, but I'm downloading it now. Thank you! :cheers:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 12th, '07, 14:55

Whatever it is I certainly enjoyed Ep 2 better too. I wished it didn't have to end as it did. Can't wait for this Saturday!
Isn't the division pretty shoddy regarding protection? It was the same with Ep 1 too even though this time it was the VIP's request. Why make themselves vulnerable to attack?

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 12th, '07, 18:46

If they weren't so shoddy then there would be no action. :lol

But the ending was a cliffhanger alright, now I'm anticipating the next ep even more. I think this is one of the coolest Dramas this season.

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Nov 12th, '07, 22:35

raven_frost wrote:
try this site:
http://forum.jdbt.info/attachments.php? ... bee3485e5f

also chinese version.

kiwigloomy

Post by kiwigloomy » Nov 13th, '07, 05:00

Wow, 17.6~!!!!!
Pretty good drama so far~ Love Junichi~
but the 2nd episode is soooo short~ cant wait till 3rd episode

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 13th, '07, 10:54

try this site:
http://forum.jdbt.info/attachments.php? ... bee3485e5f

also chinese version.
Thank you! Would have been easier to find it there. :w00t:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 13th, '07, 15:29

Maryvel wrote:If they weren't so shoddy then there would be no action. :lol

But the ending was a cliffhanger alright, now I'm anticipating the next ep even more. I think this is one of the coolest Dramas this season.
Perhaps there's a leak in the police department?
I'd go so far as to say that I love this drama better than Galileo. Counting down to Sunday!!!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 15th, '07, 17:50

So far, it's my fave of this surprisingly weak season.

It's definitely predictable. In fact, I have a strong feeling of plot twist towards the end of the drama. That the leader of SP is actually behind all the crimes[/spoiler]

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 18th, '07, 15:17

Ugh I can't believe they had a 2 min recap of the first two episodes and then ended Ep 3 just when the fun was beginning!!! And to top it off, they kind of spoiled the suspense for the next episode by showing so many scenes in the closing theme song for anyone to figure out what will happen. :cussing:

Oh well, despite my complaints I'm looking forward to next Saturday yet again. Heh.

seeshu

Post by seeshu » Nov 18th, '07, 20:26

^ I agree! Ep 3 definitely ended at a bad point. Though I am looking forward to next week's, since I stopped watching before the closing song. I noticed from last week that they spoiled some of the best moments from Ep. 3 during the closing song for Ep. 2 as well.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 19th, '07, 12:56

seeshu wrote:^ I agree! Ep 3 definitely ended at a bad point. Though I am looking forward to next week's, since I stopped watching before the closing song. I noticed from last week that they spoiled some of the best moments from Ep. 3 during the closing song for Ep. 2 as well.
Now I know better! This case of the former prime minister would unfold nicely if they did it as one really long episode because breaking it up this way really spoils the momentum and it also removes the need for such long recaps.

This experience should prove to be a turning point for the role SPs play in protecting VIPs and highlight the many lapses that make SPs and their charges vulnerable to attacks.

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 19th, '07, 20:24

Finally, I had time to watch it too. :lol

I agree, it ended just when it was getting interesting, I couldn't believe it. :cussing:

But thanks for the spoiler warning, raven_frost. Thanks to you I stopped watching before the ending song as well.
Sorry that the next episode got spoiled for you though... :|

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Nov 20th, '07, 10:11

Hey
whos subbing this drama?
this is not a request for subs but more i want to know whether to expect them soon and wait or to watch the raws

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 20th, '07, 12:44

I wonder whether SP will run through the winter season too. It seems to be that way from jump's listing of upcoming winter dramas.

Just read an article on livedoor news saying that there's talk about Okada's suitability to be a SP. It states that it is impossible because the requirements are quite strict. Most essentially, he doesn't make the cut given his stature.

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 20th, '07, 13:21

Yes, I heard that he's not tall enough, but it didn't bother me up untill now.
I didn't realise they were trying to be that realistic and exact. 8)

seeshu

Post by seeshu » Nov 20th, '07, 15:12

raven_frost wrote:Just read an article on livedoor news saying that there's talk about Okada's suitability to be a SP. It states that it is impossible because the requirements are quite strict. Most essentially, he doesn't make the cut given his stature.
Okada does seem kind of short compared to the other actors! I kept noticing that whenever he stands next to some of the other SPs. I especially noticed when he was in Tiger&Dragon - Nagse was so much taller.

Even if he can't be a real SP, I think he does a good job in the role.

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 20th, '07, 17:15

He's only 168 cm. :glare:

Which is ok, I think, but not for an SP. But I really like him as an SP too, so I have no problem at all with it.

vulgarshudder

Post by vulgarshudder » Nov 23rd, '07, 16:37

Well considering he's a SP with psychic powers or what ever...I don't think realism should be too importiant :mrgreen:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 24th, '07, 09:17

Interesting facts and some possible spoilers...

Character Profiles

Okada Junichi as Inoue Kaoru
Member, Mobile Security Squad, 4th Security Division. Rank: Police sergeant.
When he was young, Inoue lost both his parents in an act of terrorism, and was taken in and raised by a police career bureaucrat. The politician who had been the intended target at that time is now the Prime Minister. As a result of the cruel experience Inoue encountered at the site of his parents' deaths, his five senses were heightened. He has photographic memory and also the special ability of "tracking" which enables him to draw clues from footprints that are left behind. For this reason, he has tacit permission to act according to the situation on-site even though he works as an ordinary SP. As for Inoue, he has to contend with the trauma to his psyche as well as conflicts in the job to ward off terrorism.

Tsutsumi Shinichi as Ogata Soichiro
Section Chief, Mobile Security Squad, 4th Security Division. Rank: Chief inspector.
Formerly from Tokyo University's law faculty, Ogata has the ability to be a career elite but he daringly enters the police agency as a regular recruit. Moreover, he skips the promotion exam in order to go out into the field. Ogata was actually at the scene of terror which killed Inoue's parents. That experience made him decide to become a SP. He has experience training with the Secret Service and is an active reformist in the police organisation. He quickly acknowledges Inoue's ability and brings him in as his subordinate. However, the enigmatic Ogata's real motive for doing so is unclear.

Maki Yoko as Sasamoto Eri
Member, Mobile Security Squad, 4th Security Division. Rank: Police sergeant.
An attractive and passionate person. Eri’s marksmanship far surpasses men because she was a former Olympic sharpshooter but her parents have beseeched her to quit being a SP. As Inoue's colleague, she acknowledges his ability among the many members who are negative about the new police protection method.

Kamio Yuu as Ishida Mitsuo
Member, Mobile Security Squad, 4th Security Division. Divorced. He equips himself with a photo of his 3-year-old daughter as his lucky charm each time he is mobilised. Ishida is the type who is taciturn, strong-willed, and a man of action. He is respected by everyone in the department.

Matsuo Satoru as Matsumoto Takafumi
Member, Mobile Security Squad, 4th Security Division. He's an eccentric who aims to be a mix martial arts fighter. Matsuo believes that a SP's hair should be style 7:3. He views Inoue, who is his contemporary, as his rival. He is in danger of breaking up with a girl he has dated since high school due to his hectic job.

Egami Shingo as Nakao Yoshiharu
Chief, 4th Security Division. He's a worldly wise man who has scaled to the ranks of chief even though he is a non-career official. Egami hopes receive his retirement peacefully and uneventfully, which is why he is tough on Ogata and Inoue. However, because of his long experience on the field, he, more than anyone else, is familiar with the difficulties of SPs.

Iida Kisuke as Nishijima Yuji
Commissioner, Police Escort Department. The superior who manages the entire department. As a man of the organisation, he has his opinions but he understands and also personally accepts the new police protection methods of Inoue and the rest. Because Ogata and him were both from Tokyo University's law faculty, their relationship is actually that of senior and junior.

Nomaguchi Toru as Tanaka Ichiro
Public Security Department Section 1. Adept at elusively conducting undercover investigations. Tanaka is disliked by those around him because he noses around within the police. He is Inoue's contemporary and he acknowledges Inoue's ability.

Yamamoto Kei as Asada Yuuzo
Prime Minister. Although a virtual nobody while he was a member of the House of Representatives, he was viewed as a hero for protecting the young Inoue during the terrorist incident. That caused him to become a staunch hard-liner on the terrorism issue. Aided by his skillful oratory, he gained immense popularity, leading to his current position.

minnilu

Post by minnilu » Nov 24th, '07, 17:48

Episode 1 is subbed now ^.~
I just released the torrent for the Hardsub :D enjoy it :D

For updates on the status of Episode 2 check our fansub wiki ^.~

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 25th, '07, 03:18

For a moment, as the recaps of the previous episodes replayed, I thought I was watching the wrong episode. And it clocked over 2 mins! I think they should really cut that down.

Anyhow, it was a rather engrossing end to the hospital seige. I liked the action. Okada was very convincing (who cares how tall he is). Even though Tsutsumi didn't get to do much but stand around and look worried with the proceedings, I was happy to gawk at him. And I'm very intrigued by the
eventual "showdown" that seems to be unfolding in which the PM, Inoue and Ogata look to be key figures. What were they doing there on that very day years ago, and what motivates them now? Who is that guy in prison that Ogata sees in Ep 5?

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 26th, '07, 21:39

What irritates me most is that the prime minister is always grinning so evilly in the flashbacks. :glare: I wonder how it will all play out...

Thanks for all the info on the characters raven_frost. :wub:

It's true that the recaps are always very detailed, I think it's unnecessary too... and I skipped the preview for the next episode again.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 26th, '07, 22:03

I really loved it when he said "there are 5-6 military or ex-military people, we should be able to take them easily" :lol
the girl's body language when he said that was almost like WTF, there are 6 of them and 2 of us? (at least it seemed so to me) but just went with it

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 26th, '07, 22:10

Because he's smart enough to take them on one after the other.
And I really love his fighting scenes. I don't know why, but they look very realistic to me.
Much more then american shows. It looks very cool. :roll

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 26th, '07, 22:22

Maryvel wrote:Because he's smart enough to take them on one after the other.
And I really love his fighting scenes. I don't know why, but they look very realistic to me.
Much more then american shows. It looks very cool. :roll
In that context certainly, because the 6 terrorists were spread on 5 floors. But the quote itself just seemed hilarious to me. He really should have added "because they're so spread out" or something

One thing I did not like about this scenario is that they asked for too little $$$. 300M yen is < 3M US dollars. I LOL'ed when this guy said that the govt broke the bank to pony up the $$$. Dr. Evil's <pinky>"One MILLION dollars!"</pinky> came to mind :lol

Regardless, this is my fave series of this season

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 26th, '07, 22:31

auroragb wrote: One thing I did not like about this scenario is that they asked for too little $$$. 300M yen is < 3M US dollars. I LOL'ed when this guy said that the govt broke the bank to pony up the $$$. Dr. Evil's <pinky>"One MILLION dollars!"</pinky> came to mind :lol
And only 1,8M Euro, I just looked it up. :lol You're right, they are really quite modest for so much effort.

But, oh well... Really enjoying this too. :wub:

Takekaze

Post by Takekaze » Nov 27th, '07, 13:13

Hmmm, it's been interesting so far.

But can anyone explain to me what's with the Walther PPKs in this season? Nakama's carrying one in Joshi Deka, and now here. No cop carries PPKs anymore. They were -somewhat- state of the art in the 70s, my father carried one himself, but they were replaced with Glock 18s in 80s (designated P-80). I wouldn't even take a PPK for self defense, the only advantage it has is its size (but even there I'd go for a Glock 26 or any other Glock compact or subcompact model, there are plenty, in all different calibers). Anything else? Forget it. Any 9mm outperforms it easily (even the crappy Beretta M92FS). It only holds 7 rounds and the 7.62 doesn't have any decent stopping power compared to a 9mm round. He should carry a Glock 18 (with high cap mag *insert Tim-Taylor-grunt here*) or one of the new Walther models, heck even a Glock 26 would be better. HK anyone? Or an M1911 (the improved one, with 14 rounds). But that Walther PPK really kills the immersion.

Heck, give him a Wehrmacht issue P38. It's just as old, but at least it has stopping power. Personally I'd give him a Glock 20. Agreed, the 10mm are unusual, but they do hurt.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 27th, '07, 14:02

Magazine coverage:

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 27th, '07, 17:47

I have never seen a real gun in my whole life so I have no idea what you're talking about. :scratch:
But thanks for the magazine scan. Do you maybe have the inside as well? :wub:

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Nov 27th, '07, 18:01

I was looking forward to this series, and I acutally enjoy it, but It is still no ODORU.

If anyone didn't catch the reference to Odoru in the first episode, the Governer of Tokyo was visiting a movie premiere of a movie called "PANIC IN THE SKY II" , if you look at the cover, it is the train from the 3rd Odoru Movie with Inspector Mashita as the negotiator.

While I enjoy the action sequences, some parts of this series is just too unrealistic, yes of course its a drama but:
In episode 1, he's fighting a guy with a bunch of knifes, why the hell doesn't he just shoot him, and then later when the guy tries to shoot the governor, there's a body guard to the right of her, but none on the left (this could be because they are undermstaffed), then he doesn't react much) But hey its also a TV SHOW!!! Come on things can't be totally realistic or you lose all the suspense of it..
Actually the gun he carries is not a PPK. It is a Sig P230JP, it is similar in appearance to the PPK, but it is a larger. The P230 JP is a specialized version of the standard P230 (the JP stands for Japanese Police) made specifically for them. It was designed to replace the revolvers they were using.

However one must remember gun violence in Japan is still low compared to other countries, and officers don't shoot everyone up all the time.

If you put it into perspective, Japanese police officers carry guns, regular officers in England do not.

However in Japan they have SWAT teams (called SAT) which are called in if they need heavy back up.
Last edited by spacecommand on Dec 20th, '07, 03:39, edited 1 time in total.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 28th, '07, 13:44

spacecommand wrote:
While I enjoy the action sequences, some parts of this series is just too unrealistic, yes of course its a drama but:
In episode 1, he's fighting a guy with a bunch of knifes, why the hell doesn't he just shoot him, and then later when the guy tries to shoot the governor, there's a body guard to the right of her, but none on the left (this could be because they are undermstaffed), then he doesn't react much) But hey its also a TV SHOW!!! Come on things can't be totally realistic or you lose all the suspense of it..
Yep I totally agree about the occasional unrealism. I would suppose that complacency explains part of it.
Maryvel wrote:I have never seen a real gun in my whole life so I have no idea what you're talking about. :scratch:
But thanks for the magazine scan. Do you maybe have the inside as well? :wub:
I managed to find small scans of the article. Trying to get my hands on bigger ones.

This one is from TV Life:

The next story will apparently run for three eps too. Lets hope they don't overwhelm us with recaps again!

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 28th, '07, 20:44

Wow, thank you! :lol Those scans look so cool. 8)

To bad it's so small...

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 2nd, '07, 01:46

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Dec 2nd, '07, 23:00

Thank you so much for the scans! They will tie me over 'till the next episode comes out. :lol :wub:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 3rd, '07, 14:29

After the initial headiness of the first few episodes, I must say I'm rather disappointed at the way SP is developing. It's been 5 episodes and there's been barely any character development for Inoue or Ogata. Or maybe, the more correct thing to say is, that Inoue doesn't seem to have a personality. And Tsutsumi Shinichi seems rather underutilised for now.

The bunch of terrorists this time seem less inept then the previous ones but I hope the script is tighter and more thought put into the type and length of scenes shown.

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Dec 6th, '07, 11:47

I never thought Sp would be the kind of series overly focusing on character development, I dunno why. Though I have to agree, it's a pity, especially because I think Okada Junichi and Tsustumi Shinichi make a great team - I usually don't really like Tsutsumi-san.

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Dec 6th, '07, 14:25

Okada also didn't have a lot of screen time in this episode.
Personally, I hoped they would focus on his special abilitys more, but since this series will seemingly go on for the next season as well, maybe the development will just be very slow. Wait and see. :roll

fleng

Post by fleng » Dec 6th, '07, 15:12

yup carried forward to next season .

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Dec 7th, '07, 05:04

This series has been approved for a 2nd season?

If so thats great.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 8th, '07, 14:37

I wonder why the SP
didn't insist the hotel keep the two rooms on either side of Ohashi's room empty or seal off the entire floor. That would at least have made the place a little more secure. It looks like Tsutsumi gets to do some action scenes of his own in Ep 6! Paul, George, Ringo and John watch out!!! :mrgreen:
SP Encyclopedia, starting from A:

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Dec 8th, '07, 17:14

Yay, more scans! :wub:

Thank you raven_frost, keep 'em coming! :lol

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Dec 8th, '07, 18:25

Probably because:
The government and police department are unwilling to pay to keep those rooms clear. Like Inoue's character said in episode 1, they are way behind in protection techniques and equipment.
Is it just me but everytime I see Maki Yoko's character I think she's wearing a wig, but maybe she just has a big head.

koitoame

Post by koitoame » Dec 8th, '07, 22:10

I just finished d/ing the 1st episode. It looks very cool. I'll definitely keep watching. Poor guy, will he get a worthy girlfriend? :P

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 9th, '07, 13:54

I don't think there'll be romance in SP. Certainly not when they haven't shown the background of the two main characters Ogata and Inoue and how they both came to be SPs.

Ep 6 was interesting (I loved the elevator scene) and it was a nice touch showing what SPs have to go through on the job. The preview for Ep 7 looks even better. And for once, they didn't spoil the suspense by showing sequences of Ep 7 when the theme song played although they gave a 3 min recap in the beginning!!! Again there wasn't any character development. I hope they'll start remedying that once they wrap up this current story next week.

And yes, Maki's hairstyle does look weird!

tozacchi

Post by tozacchi » Dec 12th, '07, 08:14

Did anyone happen to notice in EP5 Ayu & Tetsu from Abarenbo Mama. :lol Since it was an angle shot of Ayu and the back shot of Tetsu, I believe it is people that look like them but it was funny to see. You should be able to tell by the TETSU NY tshirt.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 12th, '07, 14:52

The theme song, Way of Life, sung by V6 went on sale today.

SP OST goes on sale on 19 December!

Track Listing

1. Security Police
2. Sudden Panic
3. Serene Parade
4. Saturation Point
5. Sensitive Pathway
6. Self Protection
7. Secret Police (remix)
8. Shock Proof
9. Skin Pop
10. Sergeant Pepper's
11. Sweet Pain
12. Sacred Place
13. Security Police (remix)
14. Stupid Passion
15. Selection Pressure
16. Schizoid Paranoia
17. Security Police (alt ver.)
18. Self Protection (remix)
19. Secret Police
20. Way of Life (piano inst ver.)

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 15th, '07, 09:10

tozacchi wrote:Did anyone happen to notice in EP5 Ayu & Tetsu from Abarenbo Mama. :lol Since it was an angle shot of Ayu and the back shot of Tetsu, I believe it is people that look like them but it was funny to see. You should be able to tell by the TETSU NY tshirt.
It's this scene isn't it?

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Dec 16th, '07, 22:37

YAY for the OST! I'm huge Kanno Yugo fan. There's not one of his oSTS I haven't liked so far.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 17th, '07, 23:16

For those hoping that SP is going to run for two consecutive seasons, here's the bummer: it ends on the last week of January. It'll probably have a run of 11 episodes although when I count it seems to be 12 episodes. Anyhow, that just leaves 4-5 more.

makito
Peru

Post by makito » Dec 18th, '07, 00:16

no second season?
maybe it's too soon to tell

but still, this jdrama is a must watch! :D

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 20th, '07, 05:02

It has now been confirmed that SP won't run into a second season.

Fuji TV has announced a new drama called Lost : Time : Life to take over SP's slot on 2 February 2008. SP will have a total of 11 episodes and ends its run on 26 January.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 23rd, '07, 14:51

Nishijima, the commander of the division is the person behind all the leaks? When Inoue first met Nishijima, he seemed to sense something unsavoury about him.

It is getting intriguing. The pieces will start falling into place. I've been wondering whether the deaths of Inoue's parents had really been accidental or a calculated move, as well as the role the "terrorist" played back then and will play in the present.

Sakura_Kissu

Post by Sakura_Kissu » Jan 6th, '08, 09:10

Hello
It's been 2 weeks without any episodes .
What happened ?

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 6th, '08, 12:18

SP took a two week break because of the new year period but will be back this Saturday, 12 Jan.