[Discussion] Ainori/Love Wagon Reality Show (Summaries)

Discuss about Japanese TV Variety, Music, Game and any other TV shows that is not drama.
Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Dec 5th, '05, 16:51

Ainori #295

Ok people, this week's summary is ready.

WARNING THIS IS A SPOILER!

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/? ... ng_view=en

Working on the little treat as usual!

Cheers,

Sylvain

Edit: The special treat for non-Japanese speakers is ready. As usual, click the link at the bottom of my Ainori summary. [:)]

Cheers,

Sylvain

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Dec 12th, '05, 16:10

Ainori #296

Ok guys, pretty eventless episode, but my summary is ready anyway...

WARNING THIS IS A SPOILER!

The little treat should be ready soon...

Cheers,

Sylvain

The special treat for non-Japanese speakers is ready. As usual, click the link at the bottom of my Ainori summary. Cheers!

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Jan 9th, '06, 14:49

Ainori #297

Ok, people, I've had you waiting long enough. The special treat for non-Japanese speakers is ready!
As usual. click the link at the bottom of my summary.

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=177

Working furiously on Ainori 298 - The 2 hour special!

Cheers,

Sylvain

Gir

Post by Gir » Jan 9th, '06, 15:44

I have a question, I haven't watched the special yet, (I thought I would wait for subs). But I did skip through it and I thought I noticed the word final in there, and since there hasn't been any episodes since, was that the end of the show, or is it on hiatus or just not being captured anymore?

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Jan 9th, '06, 15:47

Gir wrote:I have a question, I haven't watched the special yet, (I thought I would wait for subs). But I did skip through it and I thought I noticed the word final in there, and since there hasn't been any episodes since, was that the end of the show, or is it on hiatus or just not being captured anymore?
the "Final" is not for the show,its for something else,not sure if you read Sylvain's summary but this is what the final is for *don't read if u don't like spoilers*
Hide is finally leaving the show for good,so they thought it was sad to have him leave after he's spent almost 3 years with them and been to I think 14 countries

fugusushi

Post by fugusushi » Jan 9th, '06, 19:26

don't worry, according to the ainori homepage, a new ainori will be aired next week (16. january)

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Jan 15th, '06, 11:39

Ainori #298 (2 hour special) - Special treat for non-Japanese speakers - Part 1

That's right, only part one. This one is so long it's gonna take me another couple of days to finish translating part 2. As usual, it's at the bottom of my summary. Enjoy!

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=177

Cheers,

Sylvain

Edit:Ainori #298 (2 hour special) - Special treat for non-Japanese speakers - Part 2

Finally! I thought I'd never see the end of it. As usual, you can find the link at the bottom of my summary. Have fun, all Ainori fans.

Cheers,

Sylvain
Last edited by Sylvain on Jan 18th, '06, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Jan 16th, '06, 16:55

Ainori #299

Dudes, something really unexpected happened! And how about those new participants! Read all about it!

WARNING: THIS IS A SPOILER!

Cheers,

Sylvain

Edit: Special treat for non-Japanese speakers is ready! As usual, click the link at the bottom of my summary. Enjoy!

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Jan 23rd, '06, 17:02

Ainori #300

Well, people, here's the link to my weekly summary. Working on the special treat for non-Japanese speakers, which should be ready by wednesday.

WARNING! THIS IS A SPOILER!

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=202

Cheers,

Sylvain

Edit:The special treat for non-Japanese speakers is ready. You can find the link at the bottom of my weekly summary, as usual.

Cheers,

Sylvain

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Jan 30th, '06, 16:41

Ainori #301

Wow! Lots of stuff happened this week! Check it out!

Working on the little treat as usual...

Cheers,

Sylvain

The special treat is ready, folks. As usual, you can find it at the bottom of my summary. Cheers!

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Feb 6th, '06, 16:33

Ainori #302

Ok, guys, my weelky summary is ready, and I'm working on the little treat, as usual.

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=211

Cheers,

Sylvain

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Feb 10th, '06, 09:10

Ainori #302

Finally! The Special treat for non-Japanese speakers is ready. As usual, you'll find the link at the bottom of my summary.

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=211

Cheers,

Sylvain

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Feb 18th, '06, 11:41

Ainori #303

This week’s Ainori was not inlvolving the participants. It was a special dedicated to a school the Ainori fund raiser help built in Kenya. One of the hosts, Haruhiko Katou, went there to meet some of the new kids attending the school.

I prepared a little treat for non-Japanese speakers anyway, which you can find as usual at the bottom of my summary.

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=213

Cheers,

Sylvain

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Feb 20th, '06, 16:12

Ainori #304

My weelky summary is ready, and I'm working on the little treat, which will be ready real soon.

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=216

Cheers,

Sylvain

Edit: Special treat for non-Japanese speakers is ready! As usual, click the link at the bottom of my summary. Enjoy!

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Mar 6th, '06, 16:16

Ainori #305

This week's summary is ready, and I'm working on the little treat, as always.

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=219

Cheers,

Sylvain

Edit: The special treat for non-Japanese speakers is ready! As always, click the link at the bottom of my summary. Enjoy!

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Mar 13th, '06, 16:30

Ainori #306

This week's summary is ready, and I'm working on the little treat, as always.

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=224

Cheers,

Sylvain

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Mar 21st, '06, 03:39

Ainori #307

Hi everybody! My weekly summary is ready, and I gave it a new image this time. Hope you like it.

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=228

Cheers,

Sylvain
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by Sylvain » Jun 26th, '06, 15:53

Ainori #319

Finally, the moment everybody has been waiting for... and Mie's reply was...

WARNING! THIS IS A SPOILER!

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=266

Cheers,

Sylvain

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 27th, '06, 04:15

Sylvain, thanks for keeping us up-to-date. really appreciate the effort.

nhk9

Post by nhk9 » Jul 19th, '06, 22:03

Found a bunch of ainori confessions in one file, hope you enjoy

Lilferret

Post by Lilferret » Aug 29th, '06, 12:55

Is it just me or does the current group not have much chemistry?

oceansportrait

Ainori

Post by oceansportrait » Sep 3rd, '06, 17:56

To the poster above, I agree. It's not just you who thinks that. I found Ainori the most exciting with the cast around 5 months ago, with Aya, Hide, Arashi, Mie, Suuzan and Ume-chan...they just got along great together, as friends and as potential relationship material. Whereas with the recent cast, I'm not seeing it. The age gap is just too big. Chaki, is 20, whereas with that one skiier guy, Tachi, he's...30. And Uekki acts like he's over 30 so his age really isn't an issue. XD. Yokomii...well..he's just..there. Not really standing out, just existing. And Yankumi, as interesting as her yankee past is, she's just too out there for Tachi and Uekki...in my opinion they're way too conservative to consider being in a relationship with her.

And why are so many members "retiring"? When I first started watching Ainori about a year and a half ago, no one retired. But lately? Ume-chan...Outlaw...Goki...Tagami...and now, Hisayon? I don't see the point in them joining at all if they're going to quit before they find someone on the show ^^ And even though it's in their freedom to quit, I feel like I wasted time watching them if eventually it goes no where. Especially since Ainori never does "followup" episodes for people who retired or who went home alone.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 22nd, '06, 00:58

hey, just visited FujiTV recently, and apparently, they have an ainori booth set up with a pink minivan and all. took some shots:

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m151 ... inori1.jpg[/img]

mysw33tdar1in

Post by mysw33tdar1in » Sep 27th, '06, 02:47

great pictures jholic :wub:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 30th, '06, 02:42

thanks! in case anyone's wondering, i don't have a clue who those chicks in the van were. just took the picture while i could. loooong line of people there.

ryobreak

Post by ryobreak » Oct 5th, '06, 20:23

It's now thursday and even at the latest they usually appear wednesday so- anyone know where this week's ainori is?

mackan

Post by mackan » Oct 12th, '06, 12:47

ryobreak wrote:It's now thursday and even at the latest they usually appear wednesday so- anyone know where this week's ainori is?
yeah, where are my ainori episodes?!??!?!? I'm addicted!! I need them

oceansportrait

Ainori

Post by oceansportrait » Oct 12th, '06, 18:36

If you checked the official Ainori site, or watched until the very end of the last Ainori episode, you'd know that there won't be a new episode until October 16. They do this a couple of times every year, taking a few weeks off before coming back with a new batch.

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Nov 21st, '06, 11:36

hello minna! I 'm really intersted in watching ainori and I would like to know if someone would be kind enough to advise me from witch episode I should start, knowing there's a bunch of episode I missed since the beginning, or do you do think I should just jump in the wagon?! (ie ep 338)thanks a lot for your answers!

oceansportrait

Post by oceansportrait » Nov 21st, '06, 23:22

It really doesn't matter from what episode you begin watching because it's pretty much episodic. Any romantic interests/crushes that developed are described at the beginning of each show with a graph pointing arrows to who likes who. Plus, there's a quick recap of the episode before.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 22nd, '06, 01:03

i have to agree with oceansportrait. unless you go back to ep1, the show does some recaps and new members are constantly being introduced, so i would just go back to the last one you can get, OR just start from the newest one....

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Nov 22nd, '06, 05:23

thanks for your answers, I'll jump in the 338 th wagon then!!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 26th, '06, 03:10

nadesico: instead of watching the shows, if you look at the past pages in this thread, you will find that Sylvain has a webpage of ainori synopsis.

info07

Post by info07 » Dec 5th, '06, 13:54

340th epi was aired here in japan yesterday, monday... ive heard of this show way way way back before, but actually never saw a single episode until its 333rd episode... yeay i know, pity me... haha... but never missed an episode from then, though ive already read the summaries of these in fuji tv hp... i stll want to watch it.... thanks d-addicts for providing the torrents... :D
Will it be Uekki-Chaki? or Yokomi will have his chance? :D

Find out in this episode.... :mrgreen:

Lilferret

Post by Lilferret » Jan 3rd, '07, 09:53

I have Ainori back to january of last yeari, but i can't seed the torrents because I had to recode them to work with my settop divx player. Evidently it didn't like vbr mp3s :(

any chance you live in the US?

haisai

ainori earlier episodes

Post by haisai » Mar 22nd, '07, 17:32

recently i found many earlier episodes in emule with almost no seeds or with no seeds at all. i'm quite sure that they must be available in winny or in share (japanese p2p download sources). anyone can confirm that?

it would be cool to upload all the ainori episodes. i'm trying to find out how winny and share work but it's really difficult.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 22nd, '07, 17:42

This show rocks though I wish all eps would be subbed :S

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 3rd, '07, 04:01

^one of our members (tonydesu) subbed several episodes for us, but i think it got to be too much. but we can still get an english synopsis of the show from Sylvain's blog.

btw, did ainori air on 3/26/2007? if so, would someone kindly upload it?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » May 2nd, '07, 00:23

reviving this rather old thread to wish a valued member a happy birthday!

tanjobi omedetou, tonydesu! thanks for subbing ainori and london hearts for us when you could. hope you're having a blast.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 22nd, '07, 23:58

just to let everyone know, some people are starting to sub ainori again....

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 16th, '07, 03:22

let's see if we can get some discussion in this thread.

i haven't actually watched ainori since recently, when Rollins/robw/Niki started subbing it again.

this is such an interesting show. much of the relationship aspects just makes me feel old, but i love the fact that they go exploring various countries and learning about other cultures. the editing makes the show quite funny as well.

anyways, i wonder if much of the show is affected by other factors.
in ep370, when gurasan starts falling for kuu, then only two eps later, he's asking her to go back to japan w/ him. doesn't it seem odd and hasty? it's like she didn't give him much of a signal/hint. i wonder if the show's producers made gurasan pick someone?
i'm wondering if people just have jobs or school to go back to, and they just pick someone out of the blue, just to satisfy requirements by the show?

also, it would seem ridiculous for them to constantly ship the pink bus to all these countries. isn't it more likely they just buy one there in that country and paint it?

Annj

Post by Annj » Nov 17th, '07, 04:40

I don't think they buy the bus every time they go to another country because of all the flag stickers on the back and the photos of couples inside the bus. Is it me or do you guys wonder if the hosts are necessary? They don't really make any useful comments and I don't think they are that funny. I much prefer more scenes on the contestants. Clearly there must be a lot of footage that isn't aired. I wonder if they have a bloopers? Btw whom do you guys think Teppei will chose?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 17th, '07, 16:12

Annj wrote:I don't think they buy the bus every time they go to another country because of all the flag stickers on the back and the photos of couples inside the bus.
i saw that as well, but given enough manpower, i don't think the stickers and photos would be too hard to put up. i only gave it some thought because to ship a car from hawaii to the continental US sometimes can take weeks/months. they're going to various countries. hm, maybe they use two or three vans and shuffle them??
Annj wrote:Is it me or do you guys wonder if the hosts are necessary? They don't really make any useful comments and I don't think they are that funny. I much prefer more scenes on the contestants. Clearly there must be a lot of footage that isn't aired. I wonder if they have a bloopers?
i'm not fluent, so i only pick up bits and pieces of what the hosts say, but one of my jp friends say they are quite funny. i agree that there must be a ton of footage that's not shown. it's very similar to 'the amazing race' (one of my faves) where creative editing is very important. perhaps they don't show bloopers cuz it would take away from the realism of the show?
Annj wrote:Btw whom do you guys think Teppei will chose?
i'm about two eps behind, but i think neko made a huge play for him with the gyoza cooking. (but i don't think the gyoza was that great. :crazy: ) thanks to Rollins/Niki, i'll probably watch #380 by this weekend....

kinolee

Post by kinolee » Nov 17th, '07, 16:24

Hi everyone!

I'm a long-time drama fan and student of Japanese. Since I've wanted to blog about my interests for a while, and because Sylvain has recently quit making summaries, I've started an Ainori blog!

My Japanese isn't the best but I try!

The first summary is for #380. Hopefully I can do this weekly from now on.

If you'd like to check it out, it's here: http://voyagedamour.livejournal.com/ (hosted on LJ because I'm kinda lame). XD

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 17th, '07, 23:26

jholic wrote:
in ep370, when gurasan starts falling for kuu, then only two eps later, he's asking her to go back to japan w/ him. doesn't it seem odd and hasty? it's like she didn't give him much of a signal/hint. i wonder if the show's producers made gurasan pick someone?
i'm wondering if people just have jobs or school to go back to, and they just pick someone out of the blue, just to satisfy requirements by the show?
hahaha, i totally thought the samething. i was like NOOOOO don't confess!! it's too early. she'd never want to leave this early. but aw well you know. i think they probably do ask that instead of just going home to confess so the show seems more interesting.
also, it would seem ridiculous for them to constantly ship the pink bus to all these countries. isn't it more likely they just buy one there in that country and paint it?
i was wondering the samething. i would think they have multiple vans. they have to. i did notice that now that they are in mongolia the van still has that shag pink interior. i wonder if they had to do that to all the vans (if there are multiple vans). LoL, i wonder if they get agitated when the vans are altered and they have to change all of them.

anyway, i'm super excited to watch ep 381. so far i think carbonara (?? i forgot his name LoL sorry) is really funny. like when he broke the bed in mongolia. i'm really surprised teppei is the popular one. when i saw him introduced to the show i thought he wouldn't get any girls at all. :crazy: eek! i'm excited for the new people though!! seems like kuu has been outdone. now we have a pretty and SMART girl. ^^

anyone have any favorites going on right now between the people?

sacchan

Post by sacchan » Nov 17th, '07, 23:37

Ciao!
It's the first time in this thread so yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

I used to watch ainori when I was in Japan for studies, so every time I see that pink bus nostalgic and good memories rushed into my mind... :cry:
I'm not sure Teppei will choose someone, He is too self centered and devoted to his work!
Anyway I hope He will choose Neko! She is soooo sweet, she made for him gyouza and even knit a scarf! :wub:
that's the way japanese girls win man's heart over ne!?! :heart: :heart: :heart:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 18th, '07, 17:02

Annj: i just watched #380, and Rollins/Niki was nice enough to sub the hosts' dialogue. i thought some parts were funny, and other parts - you needed a good understanding of jp culture to enjoy.

kinolee: good luck with your blog, but i hope you'll also join our discussion.

Jules! nice to see you here! anyways, i really think there are multiple vans. i don't think they could ship the same one to multiple countries so fast. and yes, carbonara is quite funny, and that remi is really cute and smart. don't you think she's almost a little out of place? she's obviously very well-cultured and very kawaii, so i have a hard time believing she can't find a bf. maybe she just wants a free trip around the world? or advertise her dad's company? :P

sacchan: hajimemashite. welcome to the discussion! yes, teppei is quite devoted to his work, but i think that appeals to many jp women. someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i think many jp families are still where the man is the breadwinner and the woman cares for the children. i think teppei is viewed as one of those traditional 'salaryman' types who makes for a solid husband. what do you think?

and i just watched #380:
as we mentioned before, there's a lot of footage that isn't shown. there are many disagreements and companionships we do not see. chaba seems pretty decent on camera, but (myself as a male) i would be slightly concerned about a girl that has shown a tendency to go psycho. :lol

i thought mary (sheep) finding her mom was a great story. nice touch, ainori.

robw23105

Post by robw23105 » Nov 18th, '07, 18:15

firstly, jholic, thank you for revitalizing the discussion thread. :cheers: there's always things I want to talk about after every ainori episode and I never could find a place to post them like here.

random thought though, ever since the show's being focusing on Teppei more, I keep thinking Teppei looks a lot like Takenouchi Yutaka! This could be b/c I was watching Rondo around the same time, but does anyone else think that too?

Annj

Post by Annj » Nov 19th, '07, 05:28

I just finished watching #381.....Chaba, man she is very aggressive. I dont really like her. I see horns on her. But hey I cant hate her too much she is going after what she wants and if Neko doesnt do anything Teppei will be taken away. Speaking of Teppei, I feel for the guy. I think he joined Ainori to find love and some time away from the office. He works so hard at night he looks so tired that it doesnt seem he is enjoying himself but then that is all we see. I think Danny is cute and so is Remi. I would like to see them together. Carbonara is goofy I think they should get a goofy girl for him to have fun with. Did anyone notice when they did the chart thing with the sweater is equal to how many cashmere goats that is was the same music in Liar Game when they did explanations and charts?

niki112
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by niki112 » Nov 19th, '07, 16:11

Hmm I think Teppei knows how Neko feels, he knows about Chaba too. Chaba is really trying too hard. It makes look her scary :lol. I don't think Neko should try harder. They're already putting a lot of pressure on Teppei anyway.
He already said he wants to run away from it all. The more pressure they put on him, the worse it'll get and then neither of the girls will go home with him :whistling:

sacchan

Post by sacchan » Nov 20th, '07, 02:19

yes, teppei is quite devoted to his work, but i think that appeals to many jp women. someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i think many jp families are still where the man is the breadwinner and the woman cares for the children. i think teppei is viewed as one of those traditional 'salaryman' types who makes for a solid husband. what do you think?
jholic, defenetly you're right, work devoted man are very appealing to most of jp women...
but what about that jp work devoted men?Based on my own experience(:cry: ) they are usually looking for easy-going girls that don't interfere with their own professional therefore vital ^_" (sometimes at an awful level) commitment...
And that's why I think Neko can make it! She's taking care of Teppei kindly !!!
Well Actually in the last ep. she was moaning at him but..
niki112: yes, they're putting too much pressure on Teppei, anyway I don't like the way He is acting with both the girls:
feeding a sick Neko and going hand in hand with PsychoChaba...
Hey man! Make up your mind!
Annj: noted!noted!that one with the music of Liar game, was very funny!!!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 20th, '07, 08:08

jholic: hey!! it's good see you're an ai nori fan ^-^ and i totally agree. the part about finding mary's (the goat) mother was an excellent side story. :heart:

so, i just watched #381. aww man, poor teppei. BUT- i have to agree with sacchan.
feeding a sick neko and then holding hands with chaba. eek! not to mention when he got the neck warmer he told chaba he found it. :crazy: but i can understand he just doesn't want to hurt either one. he's just being indecisive at the moment.
i really wonder what teppei will do. ep 382 is going to be crazy. i wonder if a cat fight will break out.

i really don't know who to root for. i mean chaba is psycho. she's kind of fun to watch though. especially when she was first introduced and they were showing the pranks she had done when she had found out her boyfriend was unfaithful. LoL, that was pretty creative. neko... i like her.. but... i don't really know. something about her kind of bothers me. ^^;;

anyway, it's going to be pretty interesting to see how this pans out. ^^

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 21st, '07, 03:48

sacchan wrote:but what about that jp work devoted men?Based on my own experience(:cry: ) they are usually looking for easy-going girls that don't interfere with their own professional therefore vital ^_" (sometimes at an awful level) commitment...
sacchan: you make an excellent point. i agree that jp men are probably looking for a wife that will take care of the bills and kids.
although he did seem kind of amused that chaba knew something about Affiliate!
sacchan wrote:feeding a sick Neko and going hand in hand with PsychoChaba...
Hey man! Make up your mind!
ha! yes, a few of you have mentioned this. i agree with Jules that Teppei is probably indecisive and does not want to hurt either one. i think it was more like Neko was holding Teppei's hand than the other way around.

my feelings about ainori #381:
it was pretty neat how they were towed across the river, but i wonder if there was anything laid down under the water, or was it because the river was that shallow? even if it was that shallow, the ground below would be more like mud and muck, right?

i can totally live in mongolia. i love meat. i can eat meat every day. but that was an interesting fact about cashmere. i told my friends that love cashmere about how it was affecting japan. but i wonder if that'll stop them from purchasing.

as for chaba vs neko:
i would have to say that the points currently go to neko for cooking gyoza (was it good?) and knitting a scarf. that's tough to beat. but neko is a good conversationalist. and VERY aggressive. i have a feeling teppei sees good and bad points in both, otherwise, he would probably lean towards one and go back to japan.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 29th, '07, 02:38

hey, so i just watched ainori382:

why do they sometimes have female voices read the male contestant's diary, and a male voice read the females'? it sounds really weird! :lol

anyways, carbonara is pretty darn funny.
i like when he scolds teppei for losing the wallet. but i'm not sure if he could get remi to fall for him. but who knows? i would've thought that danny would have earned more money dancing!
btw, regarding that scene at the club:
did anyone think it was that bad? i mean they hyped it, but dropping the towel on him didn't seem that bad. did neko even see it?
for those of you who haven't seen ainori383, what do you think they meant by the last sentence?!!?!

KupidKilla

Post by KupidKilla » Nov 29th, '07, 07:35

regarding the club
Even though they did kinda hype it it was still pretty harsh... she flung it at his face and I'm pretty sure Neko did see it cuz she started to balling like crazy afterward. Hahaha Poor Teppei
and I always dig underdog stories so I'm cheering on Carbonara... If he hooked up with Princess Remi that would just be one more point for the geeks of the world :cheers:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 30th, '07, 04:27

ha, yes! i agree that nerds rule. i'm one myself. :lol

Dark_Schneider_Py
Paraguay

Post by Dark_Schneider_Py » Nov 30th, '07, 07:55

Anyone knows what this week's episode title means? It's 千秋楽 (Chibaraku)

Rollins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rollins » Dec 1st, '07, 00:41

Senshuuraku - Closing day, closing program, closing festivities.

Probably referring to the fact that this episode ends the love triangle.

Dark_Schneider_Py
Paraguay

Post by Dark_Schneider_Py » Dec 1st, '07, 01:11

Danke! :D

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Dec 1st, '07, 14:58

jholic wrote:Annj: i just watched #380, and Rollins/Niki was nice enough to sub the hosts' dialogue. i thought some parts were funny, and other parts - one needs a good understanding of jp culture to enjoy.

kinolee: good luck with your blog, but i hope you'll also join our discussion.

Jules! nice to see you here! anyways, i really think there are multiple vans. i don't think they could ship the same one to multiple countries so fast. and yes, carbonara is quite funny, and that remi is really cute and smart. don't you think she's almost a little out of place? she's obviously very well-cultured and very kawaii, so i have a hard time believing she can't find a bf. maybe she just wants a free trip around the world? or advertise her dad's company? :P

sacchan: hajimemashite. welcome to the discussion! yes, teppei is quite devoted to his work, but i think that appeals to many jp women. someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i think many jp families are still where the man is the breadwinner and the woman cares for the children. i think teppei is viewed as one of those traditional 'salaryman' types who makes for a solid husband. what do you think?

and i just watched #380:
as we mentioned before, there's a lot of footage that isn't shown. there are many disagreements and companionships we do not see. chaba seems pretty decent on camera, but (myself as a male) i would be slightly concerned about a girl that has shown a tendency to go psycho. :lol

i thought mary (sheep) finding her mom was a great story. nice touch, ainori.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Dec 1st, '07, 15:01

Rollins, i hid part of your post in white just in case some people may feel it's a spoiler.

thanks for subbing the hosts' dialogue. they can be pretty funny at times. sometimes, i think one needs an understanding of the culture to enjoy more. it's like reading a dialogue of jay leno or david letterman. you're not going to laugh unless you what they're talking about. but since you have subbed the dialogue, i have an opportunity to ask my friends what some of it means! :lol

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Dec 2nd, '07, 18:24

i just noticed it's Sylvain's birthday today.

TANJOBI OMEDETOU, SYLVAIN!

hope you can join our discussion thread from time to time.

Dryh2o

Post by Dryh2o » Dec 3rd, '07, 04:36

regarding ep 383
so what exactly happened to Chaba to make her quit? some kind of illness or injury?

Annj

Post by Annj » Dec 4th, '07, 13:56

I watched 383 with the wonderful Rollins/Niki subs:
Chaba has some kind of heart defect. Teppei not accepting Neko and mentioning he will regret it later was kinda of a let down. He should of accepted it because of his work and he mentioned this earlier, he wouldnt have time to date and find another person. Neko really liked him and more than willing to make him happy. They probably will date in the future. With the love triangle gone, they are finally focusing on Cabonara and his affections towards Remi. That should be interesting. It seems we will be having a whole cast. I'm excited with the new country and members! Btw the award Ainori accepted was a God given one? What exactly is the ceremony about? I understood it being about making bonds in relationships and with other countries. Why was Wentz the only one to recieve it again?

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 5th, '07, 00:16

Hey everyone!! whew, i finally got my internet back. now i'm all caught up!

man... ep 383.
I kind of had a feeling teppei would choose no one and go home alone.. but when neko first confessed he looked so happy i thought, "aw maybe they will go home together!" the last shot they had of teppei i thought the samething as the hosts. he really looks like he has changed. i'm sooo happy to see he stops parting his hair in the middle :crazy: LoL.
i'm loving carbonara more and more. he's so silly. i'm really excited for the new characters and i'm hoping to see more of danny and remi; haven't seen much of them yet.

akatsuka

ainori streaming

Post by akatsuka » Dec 6th, '07, 20:08

anyone know where i can watch streaming video's of ainori? I know you could on youtube once, but that person seems to have stopped uploading... thanks

ohjunko

Post by ohjunko » Dec 7th, '07, 01:24

I love Ryou. He is HILARIOUS. I think finally the show will get more interesting again.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Dec 10th, '07, 04:38

well, i finally got caught up with ep383 as well.
i'm going to say it, but i think chaba's "defect" was probably a result of extra help from the producers. i could be wrong, but when teppei turned down neko's request, it kinda felt like all three were going to leave the show SOON. coincidentally, teppei retires (geez, really?) and chaba suddenly gets this illness? maybe i'm a conspiracy theorist, but i think it was a bit too convenient to drop the entire love triangle with one fell swoop.

btw, i kind of thought the same thing as Annj. perhaps, teppei turned neko's request down because he didn't want to hurt chaba's feeilngs (or feel the wrath of chaba - whichever). i think maybe he IS going back to japan and maybe date neko. or maybe even chaba. who knows?
Jules, that's funny. i never even noticed the parting-the-hair thing. i also think it's going to be interesting with remi, danny, carbanara and a whole new team. much thanks to Rollins and Niki!!

KupidKilla

Post by KupidKilla » Dec 10th, '07, 23:19

just finished 384 and OOOOOOOHHHHH DAMN... if you thought the whole Neko/ Chaba thing was intense then you haven't seen anything yet... the potential conflict is so awesome.

I was wondering...
do you think they recruit new people based on the cast at the time. I mean we have the obvious underdog Carbonara and the obvious villain Ryou. I mean its just too movie like to be coincidence. And that exchange they both had in the bus... not looking at each other acting all cool... DAMN... better then any movie scene I've ever seen.

At any rate, Carbonara is my homeboy and Ryou is going sooooooo down... I hate guys like that hahah.
and as usually thanks again Rollins and Nikki for the awesome job on the subs

Annj

Post by Annj » Dec 11th, '07, 06:01

I agree with KupidKilla but I had suspect this for a while now. When they had a gangster girl (Yankumi) on the bus the producers then had a gangster boy (Garusan) join the group and they did mention this is a first ever. Danny being a dancer they now have the new dancing girl ( I can't seem to remember her name). We finally get to see some personality from Remi. Momo seems like a cute girl. The shy guy is sweet I hope he finds love since Sanchan didn't and I really liked him. This seems interesting moving into a new love triangles. The show really like triangles!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 12th, '07, 02:59

Ohhhh golly... ep 384
wow... man, i don't know if i'm ready for another intense fight. whew~ ai nori is getting sooo intense. LoL.

i really feel for carbonara. he's so darling and so sweet.. and if remi doesn't want him, i do. :heart: grrr, makes me angry how the playboys always seem to win. i can't really say much, i think all girls fall for 1 or maybe 20 of them in their lifetime. i really hope remi doesn't end up with ryou though T-T Go underdogs :cheers: :cheers:

i'm sure they do pick people according to the current cast. it's probably like how they pick the cast for mtv's the real world. the more conflict the better. (ughhh i feel so bad.. i just compared ai nori to the real world :pale: ). i wonder if kuro and danny will have a dance session at some point in the show. that might be cute :heart:

speaking of danny, he's super quiet or they just don't show many clips of him. i really want to see more danny!! and even though we haven't seen much of the new girls i like them already. they both seem like cute girls.

haha, and i agree with Annj when i saw the new shy guy the first thought that appeared in my head was Sanchan!! i loved sanchan so much. i hope the new shy guy finds love too. or at least grows a lot from the experience.

ohh and jholic!! did you notice the new van is a benz? and the interior is not pink? so if we see a benz one country and then a van with pink interior in another country, i think it's safe to say they have multiple vans. LoL. of course i'm sure the benz is only a specialty van for germany. but still i hope they'll slip up one time and we'll be like, "multiple vans!! i knew it!!" :lol :lol

coachie

Post by coachie » Dec 13th, '07, 18:49

Hello everyone,
I'm not really new here (eventhough I just signed up) and I follow Ainori for about 2 1/2 years now.
It's good to see the discussion thread is active again.

Regarding the multiple van question, it was shown in a special behind the scenes episode that there are indeed multiple vans. Since it would be to expensive/inconveniant to bring the same bus along to every country they have a new bus prepared and made up in Ainori style.

I'm really happy they're in germany now, I'm curious if they visited my city.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 14th, '07, 05:09

hahahaha, thanks coachie. i guess that ends that mystery :lol

also, welcome to the thread ^^

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Dec 15th, '07, 02:29

coachie: welcome to the thread. please post a lot.

ainori in germany!! several of my friends who have visited germany told me what a beautiful country it is. it was quite amazing that most of the taxis were benz's!!

freeter? what is that??
when ryou mentioned sawajiri erika, i looked her up on DA, and it's no surprise she's quite cute. but i still think remi is cuter.

got a question for the ladies in this thread. do you think this ryou dude is that good-looking? i'm not saying he's ugly, but i think danny has a bit more game than him. no? the show seems to play him up to be the jp equivalent to tom cruise.

i can tell you right now that carbornara wasn't the only guy who was disappointed you-know-who didn't show up in a swimsuit! but what he did with the sand was hilarious!!

anyways, it's going to be quite a battle between carb and ryou. as a guy, i think carb's a cooler dude than ryou, and i would think that most girls would be put-off by ryou's constant aggression. but what do i know?
i can sleep easier at night knowing about the multiple van thing.

I'm also looking forward to a dance session with danny and kuro! and i agree that the cast is carefully selected, but i think it has more to do with how they edit the video footage they have. they can really steer the plot the way they want (just like amazing race).

i think ainori is too short! it needs to be 45mins or an hour. haha!

niki112
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by niki112 » Dec 15th, '07, 18:21

Friitaa/freeter: A person, typically a young adult who has finished school, who makes a living working part-time jobs and does not want to become a permanent, full-time employee. It's an abbreviation of "free Arbeiter". (See link if you can read katakana :).)
I'd like to see more of Danny too... I don't think Ryou is that good-looking. I guess it's his attitude too. He has a lot of confidence and there are people who find that attractive. Guys like Ryou really annoy me though...