JpopSuki (NO INVITE REQ ALLOWED)

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
ekibyougami

JpopSuki (NO INVITE REQ ALLOWED)

Post by ekibyougami » Dec 1st, '07, 23:38

From page 7
AkumaX wrote:Anyone who requests an invite after this post will receive a temporary ban.

- Mod

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum... but. i didn't know which one is appropriate.
i'm wondering if jpopsuki is still around????
i have them on RSS and i get updates but i can't connect to any of their torrents.
i've seen their links on other sites but i can't seem to connect to any actual torrents or pages.
So, my question is, is there an updated site where i can goto or is the link banned from my location that's why i can't connect (ie, country, city.....etc)
thx for any help

C

Rosegirl

Post by Rosegirl » Dec 2nd, '07, 00:10

:D hi ekibyougami

please check this http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/index.php I hope u arrive there :D good luck

ekibyougami

Post by ekibyougami » Dec 2nd, '07, 09:00

that's the link that i have also but i haven't been able to connect to it since June.
i guess they've probably banned it in my area, although i don't see how that is possible since i live in canada

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Dec 2nd, '07, 09:53

ekibyougami
I have no problems with jpopsuki - maybe you should try registering again and see how it works?
I always use the link straight to the new torrents-
http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/ ... age=browse
good luck!

ekibyougami

Post by ekibyougami » Dec 2nd, '07, 23:41

actually i can't even connect to the link AT ALL.
i just get the page where it sez it's down for maintenance or it just won't load up.
anyways, thx for everyones help.
it makes things a little clearer now.
it's probably banned from Canada.
it would be more definitive it someone from daddicts that is also from canada has the same problems

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 2nd, '07, 23:59

Try using a proxy when you go to the site and see if that works. That's weird that it would be banned in Canada... I can connect to the mullemeck.serveftp.org site just fine

GAMA_SENNIN

Post by GAMA_SENNIN » Dec 3rd, '07, 02:55

I am from Canada and I have the same problem... what ISP are you using?

hysteric_blue

Post by hysteric_blue » Dec 3rd, '07, 03:37

Its probably a rogers ISP problem. They recently decided to use a new area of IPs starting with 99.
So it may not work with some sites because they haven't updated their list.

ekibyougami

Post by ekibyougami » Dec 3rd, '07, 07:08

the last time i was able to access the site was with telus. I was able to connect before that with Bell. I have since used Teksavvy and Rogers which both i can't connect with. My brother is still on Teksavvy, i will ask him to try and see if he can get on. So at least we have narrowed it down to probably ISP problem instead of Canadian ban.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 3rd, '07, 07:19

Well, for the time being until you get the ISP situation resolved, have you tried using a proxy to change your IP address? See if that works!

ekibyougami

Post by ekibyougami » Dec 3rd, '07, 20:02

excuse my ignorance but how would one set up a proxy on mozilla???

omoiyou

Post by omoiyou » Dec 3rd, '07, 20:16

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 3rd, '07, 22:27

ekibyougami if that above link doesn't work, using a proxy is pretty simple. if you just go to google and search proxy, it's easy to find one. I did and found this site: http://www.ocrig.com/ . just paste the url http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/ ... age=browse into the box, click browse and it will take you there. hope this works for you :-)

GAMA_SENNIN

Post by GAMA_SENNIN » Dec 4th, '07, 01:50

another alternative to atskv9: http://www.youhide.com/ and paste http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/ ... age=browse
tried it and worked. not sure about the torrent

ekibyougami

Post by ekibyougami » Dec 4th, '07, 02:16

using youhide, i can get on the site but i can't connect to the tracker.
i just went online and just added a random proxy server and it worked.
so CONFIRMED!!!!! it is an ISP problem with Rogers.
So for all those in the same situation as me, you now know how to fix the problem ;)
I thank all those who helped with suggestions and took the time to help.
We got a great community here and I thank all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
:thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 4th, '07, 03:52

No problem -- spreaing the drama and jpop culture love :-) Now get that ISP situation resolved!

GAMA_SENNIN

Post by GAMA_SENNIN » Dec 4th, '07, 19:07

ekibyougami wrote:using youhide, i can get on the site but i can't connect to the tracker.
i just went online and just added a random proxy server and it worked.
so CONFIRMED!!!!! it is an ISP problem with Rogers.
So for all those in the same situation as me, you now know how to fix the problem ;)
I thank all those who helped with suggestions and took the time to help.
We got a great community here and I thank all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
:thumright: :thumright: :thumright:
what do you mean by going online and adding a random proxy server? oh btw, jpopsuki has like a policy for upload and download ratio and amount of time needed to being downloading form the torrent.

ekibyougami

Post by ekibyougami » Dec 4th, '07, 22:31

well.......
i don't know how to make a proxy server so i just googled "how to setup a proxy server"
and i whole list of servers came up and i just added one of them and it worked.
So basically, i didn't make a server, i just connected to an existing one..
if that makes any sense at all.

and # 2, i know all about the ratio thingy, i've been using the jpopsuki tracker since it's been up. Just haven't been able to get on the last six months b/c of the ISP issue.

But now I'm back to get more jpop stuff. YIPPIE!!!!

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 5th, '07, 00:59

^^I thought this could possibly be jpopsuki's problem since they could not be accepting the new ip range that your ISP had given you. I'd see if this was the case before going nuts on your ISP.

Lyme

Post by Lyme » Dec 19th, '07, 17:40

I finally got in for the first time in 3 weeks using a proxy, thanks to this thread. I'm able to look at stuff on the tracker and save .torrent files, but you can't actually download the files themselves. According to one thread I found on the BBS:

There are IP address ranges that were previously unallocated. The server has a firewall running and it had the unallocated ranges all blacklisted as a precaution. Now a few years later, those ranges have been allocated. The firewall blacklist needs to be updated. The problem with this is that the server admin is mostly MIA and the rest of us don't have access to that to change it. We only have access to the forum side of things. So we don't have anything we can do about it.

*sigh* So, for the time being, I guess some of us are just screwed.

kokorox

Post by kokorox » Dec 30th, '07, 04:07

I had this same problem and yes I also have rogers. This is so ridiculous. Sympatico is a MUCH better internet service provider, MUCH faster, no ridiculous IP problems, good customer service.. @_@ My sister is too stubborn though and won't switch to Sympatico.

UGGH
does anyone know any other sites that are used a lot like Jpopsuki for the same general purpose? (torrent sites)
I'd really like a site that offers the Oricon list torrents.

wing_goddess

Post by wing_goddess » Jan 1st, '08, 02:07

I'm from Canada using Rogers as well! I didn't know it was an ISP issue the WHOLE TIME. Argh... Stupid Rogers.

phishphan

Post by phishphan » Jan 4th, '08, 04:28

Yeah I am having the same problem. Just recently installed a Linksys Router and jpopsuki will not load. Whats up with that. I have had this problem before when i used a proxy sever, found out that the proxy server was not letting me into mullemeck for some reason. Anyway, if anyone has some type of solution for this it would be wonderful.
THANKS IN ADVANCED

Cloudx7

can't download

Post by Cloudx7 » Jan 11th, '08, 01:48

i had the same problem as the one in the beginning.. i couldn't go on jpopsuki so i used the youhide, and it worked. The only problem is that i can't connect to the tracker on torrents. can someone help? i didn't really understand the proxy thing that was mentioned above

asian_grl

Post by asian_grl » Jan 19th, '08, 18:56

so these past couple of months it's been my isp problem..? zomg everything was going so perfectly for so long.. why now.. I have Comcast though
i want my access to jpopsuki back ; ;

aldonia

Post by aldonia » Jan 21st, '08, 18:06

I'm having a problem too.

I can't access the tracker at all unless through a proxy, which lets me see the torrents but when I download them there's an error.

Nothing works! The tracker suddenly just stopped working one day a few months ago. I thought it was dead or had been taken offline until I realized it was still up & running and I just couldn't see it.

:( helpppppp. How can I access the torrent files without an error?

sabacat

Post by sabacat » Jan 21st, '08, 19:51

On January 10th I came home, accessed the site and downloaded something just fine, then a couple hours later, I couldn't get into the site at all. Ever since then, when try going to the site, I just get a "cannot connect to server" message.

As other people have stated above, I can get into the site and see the torrents using a proxy, but I can't download anything. And downloading is the whole point of going to that site...

I'm technologically stupid, so if anyone knows how to get around this problem, It'd be really great and much appreciated!

btw... I'm in central North Carolina(USA) and not Canada as the first people posting in this thread were. I can reach the site on my computer at work(but can't dl from there because I have an evil director who would kill me if I tried.) My service provider is RoadRunner.

aldonia

Post by aldonia » Jan 22nd, '08, 15:29

I've tried asking for help at jpopsuki and I haven't gotten any. :( I'm having the exact problem as you, sabacat. It just STOPPED working one day. I've got Comcast, so I don't know if that changes anything..

sabacat

Post by sabacat » Jan 22nd, '08, 15:54

Aldonia...

Where'd you find their contact info? All I've been able to find on the home page is stuff about their subbing. I don't get it... why are they blocking isp's?

Can you let me know who you contacted and their email, or where you wrote them? I'll send something too.

I've thought about calling RoadRunner... I wonder if they can give me info about it.
(Did you call your provider?)

wing_goddess

Post by wing_goddess » Jan 22nd, '08, 18:21

I would like to know their contact info too please ^^
if no one has done it yet, i want to send a link back to this thread so that they know many people are having the same issue ._.;

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jan 22nd, '08, 18:43

I used Rogers and Jpopsuki was banned on my Internet too, but now it works without a proxy connection. If you still need proxies, I advise: http://proxywb.com

That website gives you a huge random list of proxy servers and everytime you enter Jpopsuki's website URL into the box, a new random proxy server pops up, and for me, I was able to download from them. Sometimes the proxy server they choose for you doesn't work, but after some more tries, one of them will work and you can then pick that one afterwards to use regularly.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Oh never mind. Looks like that website changed their format... But yeah, that's the one I used when Jpopsuki was still banned for me.

Megumi@CS

Post by Megumi@CS » Feb 19th, '08, 12:40

It's not just Canada that's having the problem. I live in the northeast of the US and I can't get on either and haven't been able to for months. I tried your suggestion though and am at the site but don't think I can connect..... :-(

newyorker278

Post by newyorker278 » Feb 20th, '08, 22:23

Lyme wrote:I finally got in for the first time in 3 weeks using a proxy, thanks to this thread. I'm able to look at stuff on the tracker and save .torrent files, but you can't actually download the files themselves. According to one thread I found on the BBS:

There are IP address ranges that were previously unallocated. The server has a firewall running and it had the unallocated ranges all blacklisted as a precaution. Now a few years later, those ranges have been allocated. The firewall blacklist needs to be updated. The problem with this is that the server admin is mostly MIA and the rest of us don't have access to that to change it. We only have access to the forum side of things. So we don't have anything we can do about it.

*sigh* So, for the time being, I guess some of us are just screwed.
I think the writer of that BBS thread is correct; I just called my Verizon FiOS support a few minutes ago and they claimed that "all their ports are open," so the problem would be on the "other side," referring to the servers at jpopsuki. Using a proxy perfectly works and at times I can connect to seeders and peers. Maybe using an anonymous surfing program---besides a proxy---might work, too.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Feb 21st, '08, 00:45

I'm not sure how much you should believe an ISP since they watch your surfing for illegal activity/overages.

However, if you want to anonymously surf/run torrents, take a look into Tor. You can use it conjunctively with a software proxy. It is quite slow though.

scaturan

Post by scaturan » Feb 21st, '08, 00:55

yep, VerizonFIOs just works fine.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 21st, '08, 02:54

i am also in the northeast region and connecting to jps just fine.

kinna

Post by kinna » Mar 1st, '08, 16:54

I just had to join to say thank you for suggesting the proxy.

I am also in southern Ontario in Canada and for the past 5 months could not connect to jpopsuki at all. "Could not connect to the server" or "server error" blah blah. I'm also with Rogers. So, that sucked, but now IM SO GLAD IT WORKS!!! :wub:

Thank you very very much. I really appreciate the help, I really thought jpopsuki just shut down..!!!

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Mar 7th, '08, 11:31

Looks like G...Y...A...O

blocked JPS from me. I guess it's a sign that I should stop uploading torrents. After doing this for over 3 years... it's kind of sad. But, with how uploading and downloading has becom illegal out here in Japan, perhaps it's a sign.

gnossienneslent

Post by gnossienneslent » Mar 7th, '08, 11:52

Fascist ISPs.. Canada's turning over a new leaf, so to speak. Too much American influence.

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Mar 7th, '08, 12:10

Canadians can think for themselves. I have no problems connecting from the states.

gnossienneslent

Post by gnossienneslent » Mar 7th, '08, 12:28

Oh, don't get me wrong I have much love for Canadians, and more power to Quebec, but US bans on finished lumber and the whole mad cow smear, it was ever so conveniently close to the time Canada said they wouldn't back the US in military operations. Since then Canada has been quick to keel that's all.

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Mar 7th, '08, 12:49

Are you talking about the softwood lumber dispute? It was just one cow though right? Lol...but hey, I guess people like their beef disease free...

I don't think this has anything to do with what the US does though. If an ISP can block torrent traffic without their customers dumping them for someone else, then they probably will.

gnossienneslent

Post by gnossienneslent » Mar 7th, '08, 13:12

Yeah, one animal and it was really too old to slaughter anyway. I don't remember all the details, but it turned into a finger pointing game.

As for the ISP, you would think being torrent friendly would win you customers. There's got to be pressure for them to block torrent traffic and I don't think it's coming from the ACCT.

pandikar

Post by pandikar » Mar 15th, '08, 22:59

i'm from japan, and this thing (can't log on to jpopsuki) happen here

few friends of mine, cannot login, and of course, cannot download too. we realized this around august, last year

using the proxy, it looks like i could login right now, but can't dowload, because not connected to the tracker

could someone help me here?

pandikar

Post by pandikar » Mar 15th, '08, 23:03

hikkichan wrote:Looks like G...Y...A...O

blocked JPS from me. I guess it's a sign that I should stop uploading torrents. After doing this for over 3 years... it's kind of sad. But, with how uploading and downloading has becom illegal out here in Japan, perhaps it's a sign.
G..Y..A..O?
same with here
ahh.. too sad can't download from JPS again

now i understand why i have no problem at all before i switch to G..Y..A..O (was using B..B..I..Q back then)

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 15th, '08, 23:05

JPS has posted an article now for users not able to connect...
Solving tracker connection problems by using a proxy [ posted by MellowB at 10 Mar 2008 06:34 pm ]
Lately more and more users have problems connecting to the tracker, either after a change of ISP's or if they got a new IP assigned.
We know about these problems and that they are server related - it is in most cases not your ISP trying to block you from using the tracker, so fear not.

But since we currently can not fix these problems, I wrote up a tutorial on how to use a proxy in both your browser and BT client and thus access the tracker without any problems again.

The tutorial is either available in the forum: http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/ ... hp?t=84901 or as a separate HTML file not hosted on the inaccessible tracker: http://jpopsuki.eu/jpopsuki_proxy_tutorial.htm

Please leave any comments regarding problems or questions in the topic.
Also spread the second link to anyone you know who has problems connecting to the tracker and help them out!

And thanks for your patience regarding this issue but well, we can't help it... at least we hope that this tutorial will give more people access to the tracker again that were left out.

pandikar

Post by pandikar » Mar 15th, '08, 23:08

thank you so much atskv9

Trebicyem

Post by Trebicyem » Mar 27th, '08, 13:25

thank you so much :wub:

onigiriman

Post by onigiriman » May 1st, '08, 09:46

Thanks to everyone! Problem solved!

kyrin

Post by kyrin » May 6th, '08, 19:58

Wow, Thanks! jpopsuki just decided to stop working a few days ago. I'm on Comcast, Michigan, and craving my music fix. Thanks for the help! :D

korogui

Post by korogui » Jul 19th, '09, 07:10

jpopsuki site and tracker is off?
only to confirm ^^;

bitplayer

any jpopsuki news???

Post by bitplayer » Aug 26th, '09, 01:59

can't reach http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http ... veftp.org/

says it's not me.

does anyone have any news?

TIA

:wub:

catreroth

Re: any jpopsuki news???

Post by catreroth » Aug 26th, '09, 21:14

bitplayer wrote:can't reach http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http ... veftp.org/

says it's not me.

does anyone have any news?

TIA

:wub:
fancy that! I was supposed to upload some A-mei MVs for you but then all this happened....

Both the biggest tracker and tracker sites THE PIRATE BAY and MININOVA have been shutdown by Authorities, so I am guessing JPOPSUKI is either hidding until the turmoil settles down or maybe even shutting down themselves for now... I REAAAALLY hope they are just waiting for things to cool down... damn it!

Read these news and related stories linked at the bottom:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/26 ... s_lawsuit/

Most likely, we wont have access to the tracker in a few days or even weeks, but at least i seriously hope they can get part of the forum up so we can all get informed and see if we can help with anything.

This sucks big time....

I'll check with my GF (taiwanese) to know what the situation is with chinese trackers. If you use msn you can guess mine from my nickname, its the same for every forum i use.

C ya.

bitplayer

I hope they're not down for long

Post by bitplayer » Aug 27th, '09, 01:46

your laying low scenario makes sense.

the tracker has been down before. IIRC, the forum was still up.

I do hope they put the forum back up for info and discussion.

I discovered all was down when I tried to read your pm at jpopsuki.

It's a Taipei online friend of mine who first turned me on to A-Mei. She's a big fan and e'd me her favorite songs.

I look forward to the MV's eventually. thanks

if you find any more info, let me know. I'll do the same

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 27th, '09, 14:30

I am one of the very larger seeders on JPS and they do not plan on going away anytime soon. They do often have tracker issues, and they are often down for several days until they can find somebody that knows how to fix whatever issue is going on. But I do know that the admins are not concerned about TPB and have no intention of shutting down, or going private.

If it doesn't comeback up in several I will email a friend who will know a lot more than me,

catreroth

Post by catreroth » Aug 27th, '09, 20:26

thanks for the info wmcnair. My upload speed blows right now, but even if small i keep it on 24/7 through jpopsuki. This is off topic but I'll ask anyway: I'll be going back to the Chicago area in a few months, what internet service do you recommend (for uploading purposes)?

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 27th, '09, 20:46

I use ATT simply because they do not have a cap, Comcast does have one. Are you actually going to Chicago, or one of the suburbs, because your internet provider will vary depending on the location.

catreroth

Post by catreroth » Aug 27th, '09, 20:54

I used to live in Naperville and used Comcast, I was happy with it until they capped my account. So I will be going back to the suburbs, somewhere around Naperville/Batavia/Warrenville/Aurora since I'll be working at Fermilab for a while, but I dont discard moving closer to Chicago. Anyway, thanks for the tip, ATT will be the first i check when i get there.

And returning to the topic, i know jpopsuki has been down several times before, last time i think it was like a long holiday weekend and people were freaking out, but at least the forums were up. Since you seem to be "close" to the admins, I'd appreciate if you can keep us posted here (unless they get the forums back up).

bitplayer

Post by bitplayer » Aug 28th, '09, 00:42

thanks for the info, wmcnair370

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 29th, '09, 02:04

You could also use Speakeasy in Naperville, if you do not want to give ATT your money. Crapcast is better, but I will never pay them a dime. Naperviille will also likely have ATT Uverse which would be the best choice because it is fiber, but that will depend on what part of the town you live in. Uverse is only fiber to the box outside, then normal phone lines to the house so not quite as good as FIOS, but still faster than normal DSL.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 29th, '09, 11:45

JPS is back up, but it is really slow, so I suspect they had the same issues as they had the laat time

bitplayer

Post by bitplayer » Aug 29th, '09, 16:09

I'm seeding some. Looking for those I have which don't have a seed. I still get lots of scrape errors, etc.

good news.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 31st, '09, 13:55

deleted

catreroth

Post by catreroth » Sep 1st, '09, 21:36

wmcnair370 wrote:deleted
HA!
I saw what you wrote before you took it down :alcoholic:

but no problem, its going to be public knowledge soon. See you guys at 2.0, already started seeding there.

noobee

Post by noobee » Sep 9th, '09, 16:25

thanks!

Alexz80

Post by Alexz80 » Jan 11th, '10, 09:07

Can i request from here nishino kana motto MPEG HD from jpopsuki. Thanks in advance if someone can torrent at here.

SouthsideIrish

Post by SouthsideIrish » Jan 11th, '10, 13:05

JPopsuki is now a private tracker, so if you didn't get into it you will need to get an invite from someone. Invites may be hard to get since the person giving the invite will be responsible for what you do on the tracker, so if you do not keep your ratio good then it is not good for the person inviting you.

hellbard

Post by hellbard » Jan 13th, '10, 14:56

Hi, can someone invite me to the new tracker please? I used to have a account in the old tracker, but I was inactive due to studies for a college admision test... now that the tests are over I would be thankful if someone could invite me for the tracker, just send me a PM with what you need to invite me.

Thanks in advance =]

SouthsideIrish

Post by SouthsideIrish » Jan 13th, '10, 15:02

At the moment most people do not have any invites as they haven't activated them for everyone. And we cannot offer them on other forums, or we will get banned, so you need to become friendly with a member.

hellbard

Post by hellbard » Jan 13th, '10, 15:05

Oh, ok =]

Thanks for your attention SouthsideIrish, sorry about bothering you guys ^^

Well, the only thing I can do right now is to wait and hope I get a invitation soon ^^

Thanks

noobee

Post by noobee » Jan 13th, '10, 15:12

hanks a lot!

SouthsideIrish

Post by SouthsideIrish » Jan 13th, '10, 15:25

Read between the lines. Read the whole message. I am giving you hints on how to get an invite.

hellbard

Post by hellbard » Jan 13th, '10, 15:29

Hope I got it right XD

moonchild72

Post by moonchild72 » Jan 19th, '10, 09:07

Yikes!!!

I was a LONG-TIME member (since 2004) @ the original site (moon goddess) ...
why on EARTH didn't they let us KNOW?!?!?!?

I haven't been there in a few months (school & such) ...

HOW am I gonna get my HYDE, L'Arc~en~Ciel & VAMPS videos now?!?!?!?

Anyone here remember me from there?

FYI - my email is moondaughter72@hotmail.com
Last edited by moonchild72 on Jan 23rd, '10, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

roxxtar

Invites?

Post by roxxtar » Jan 19th, '10, 09:38

is there anyway that somebody could help me with an invite to jpopsuki?

Could trade you one on ntorrents.net if you like

matt__roxx@hotmail.com