The Official Football (Soccer) Thread

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 24th, '07, 01:39

:thumleft: the lucky 40, 000 they can appreicate how football's supposed to be played!!!!! ha-ha instead of kick the ball long and hope it hits Crouch brand of English Football XD

tell you what czech republic have a strong squad, I also see Croatia going far....France and Italy for sure 2 fav's and you can't count out the Germans or Portugal...everybody knows Spain's going to underachieve :roll ...with the likes of David Villa, Xavi, Silva, Torres, puyol, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, fabregas...how have they not performed well? they do have a strong medfield thats for sure....I'd take Fabregas, Xavi over the likes of Gerrard, Lampard any day....interesting to note Sapin also seem to disappear on the big stage....but you never know

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 24th, '07, 22:29

Spain really impressed me during the world cup in germany. There was even a time in the beginning when I thought they might actually win it, they were that strong. Especially with Torres up front. My sister and me were totally cheering for him because of his energy and speed. Viva Espana! :lol
But I didn't really follow them anymore after that...

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 25th, '07, 21:45

:lol because Spain never even reached the quarter-finals, lost to France....of course Torres :roll ...el nino as his called.....had round 4-5 chances against Newcastle over the weekend and never could score, even with an open net hit the post.
Spain have talented players but for some reason just cannot achieve success, haven't won a world cup yet and haven't even reached the finals of a world cup I think...its a mystery :blink

So world cup qualification groups were just drawn today for Europe and its revenge time for England drawn against Croatia!!!! England should be able to top group with Croatia and Ukraine only teams posing any threat. Don't see England losing to the likes of Andorra, Kazakhstan and Belarus.

Greece seem to have an easy group I think drawn against Switzerland, Moldova, Latvia, Luxembourg and Israel....although Israel are tough to beat at home.

Wales have it hard in a group with Germany and Russia. Austria, hmmm drawn against France, Romania, Serbia, Lithuania and Faroe Islands. Romania were second seeds so Austria seem to have it all to do in the group. France will obviously top it but who knows Austria could make second and hopefully to the runner-up playoffs for a chance to qualify.

anyways here are the groups:

Group 1 Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, Hungary, Albania, Malta

Group 2 Greece, Israel, Switzerland, Moldova, Latvia, Luxembourg

Group 3 Czech Republic, Poland, Northern Ireland, Slovakia, Slovenia, San Marino

Group 4 Germany, Russia, Finland, Wales, Azerbaijan, Liechtenstein

Group 5 Spain, Turkey, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Armenia, Estonia

Group 6 Croatia, England, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Andorra

Group 7 France, Romania, Serbia, Lithuania, Austria, Faroe Islands

Group 8 Italy, Bulgaria, Republic of Ireland, Cyprus, Georgia, Montenegro

Group 9 Holland, Scotland, Norway, FYR Macedonia, Iceland

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 26th, '07, 11:47

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7112558.stm

Sad thing 8 fans die in brazil after witnessing their team gain promotion. They dropped through a hole in the stadium 40ft down......

the thing is Brazil are hosting the 2014 world cup and sure new stadiums are going to be built but I'm wondering if Brazil is a safe bet....not talking about stadiums but infrastructure is Brazil equipped for such a global event?

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Nov 26th, '07, 20:19

Go TURKEY, Go''' :P

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 26th, '07, 20:32

SP1CA :lol rubbing in the wound ouch....but doubt it Turkey will make it to the finals of Euro 08 :P and good luck against Spain in the world cup qualifiers! you're gonna need it ha-ha messin'

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Nov 26th, '07, 21:25

sahansah wrote:SP1CA :lol rubbing in the wound ouch....but doubt it Turkey will make it to the finals of Euro 08 :P and good luck against Spain in the world cup qualifiers! you're gonna need it ha-ha messin'
well, i may sound little racist right now but.. :P we, Turks, all can make it, when it comes to hard times 8) you know, we're just great :P

Fairplay guys'' :D

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Nov 26th, '07, 21:27

well, my writing teacher was sad,too :( he's british. wish you could make it, but there will always be another match :D good luck''

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 26th, '07, 21:33

LOL....I wish the Turks well in Euro 08 but I'm going to be supporting France now cuz you know they have prob the best team...erm Spain also but they are like England in a sense...will reach quarters and prob blow it big time

ha-ha Yeah don't worry England will win the next world Cup :D :D :D cuz we are great :-)

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 26th, '07, 21:46

I think Turkey may be a good bet. There are like 200.000 Turkish people living in Austria. And I'm sure that a lot of them will come to the stadiums to support their team. It will be like playing at home. :lol

Ah, I can't wait. This is gonna be great fun for sure! :cheers:

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 26th, '07, 21:51

Ah, and I watched the drawing for the world cup qualifications on TV. I was happy too when I saw the group greece got into. It's totally manageable. :D

But Austria... We won't make it, no matter what. The only one we may be able to beat in that group are the faroe islands. If they have a bad day that is... :crazy:

But England can and will get revenge on croatia. :salut:

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 26th, '07, 21:55

Maryvel LOL....lucky for Turkey!!!! can't wait for Euro 08!!!!!

Don't worry you never know with football.... I mean look at England!!! out of Euro 08 so Austria could well end up going far! and may prob even finish runners up in world cup qaulifiers

yeah England better get revenge or else :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 26th, '07, 21:57

sahansah wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7112558.stm

Sad thing 8 fans die in brazil after witnessing their team gain promotion. They dropped through a hole in the stadium 40ft down......

the thing is Brazil are hosting the 2014 world cup and sure new stadiums are going to be built but I'm wondering if Brazil is a safe bet....not talking about stadiums but infrastructure is Brazil equipped for such a global event?
If South Africa can make it Brazil can make it too, don't worry. I saw how they turned Athens around for the Olympic games 2004 and Athens was a dump before. For the games it was all shiny and new and sparkling clean. :thumright:

You have no idea what such an event can do to a country. It's the biggest motivator to invest into infrastructure. To know that the whole world is going to be your guest.
I have no doubts that it will work out just fine. :-)

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 26th, '07, 21:59

sahansah wrote:Maryvel LOL....lucky for Turkey!!!! can't wait for Euro 08!!!!!

Don't worry you never know with football.... I mean look at England!!! out of Euro 08 so Austria could well end up going far! and may prob even finish runners up in world cup qaulifiers

yeah England better get revenge or else :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
:w00t: Austria at a world cup. I'd so love to see that, hasn't happend in my lifetime. :lol

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 26th, '07, 22:05

Maryvel wrote:
If South Africa can make it Brazil can make it too, don't worry. I saw how they turned Athens around for the Olympic games 2004 and Athens was a dump before. For the games it was all shiny and new and sparkling clean. :thumright:

You have no idea what such an event can do to a country. It's the biggest motivator to invest into infrastructure. To know that the whole world is going to be your guest.
I have no doubts that it will work out just fine. :-)
Yeah I assume so hopefully brazil can pull off one of the best world cups :thumleft: ...England for 2018 world cup!!!

Austria at a World cup I'd like to see that to be honest I don't know much about them or their team XD any famous players?

Do you follow the prem?

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 26th, '07, 22:21

I think the most "famous" in the Austrian team might be Emanuel Pogatetz, he plays for Middlesbrough, but our best player and captain is Andreas Ivanschitz, he plays for Panathinaikos and does quite well there. But that's about it.
Some of the other players don't even have a contract with a club at all.
But... I think our goalkeepers are quite good. All three of them and the coach hasn't decided who's gonna play in the Euro yet. They are rotating for every match.

And no, I don't really follow the prem.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 26th, '07, 22:26

Really? Most of the players don't have contracts with any clubs...and what was the score against England in the friendly 1-0 was it :scratch: forgot...impressive then to keep England at bay

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 26th, '07, 22:33

Thanks to the goalkeepers. No matter that Crouch knocked one of them out, we have more. :lol

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 26th, '07, 22:42

XD LOL...least you have decent goalkeepers...we replace the error prone Robinson with Carson against Croatia and he makes a mistake which literally ends Englands hopes lol...

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 26th, '07, 22:51

It hurt to watch that... :pale:

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 26th, '07, 23:00

:-( It hurt even more when England grew level and then only to lose when the third goal could have been prevented if only the players closed the guy down they didn't ...gave him space....poor, absolutely dreadful...I'm still wondering who the new England manager is going to be....alot of the contenders have said no...just hope they give the guy total control....Wish Wenger would become England manager but no hope with that :-( :-(

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 28th, '07, 01:39

Forwards
C. Tevez (MAN - F) @BOL 13.65
R. Santa Cruz (BLA - F) AST,@FUL 8.06
Midfielders
F. Malouda (CHE - M) @DER 5.96
C. Dempsey (FUL - M) BLA 7.17
F. Fabregas (ARS - M) WIG 16.09
Elano (MAC - M) RED 9.39
D. Dunn (BLA - M) AST,@FUL 3.01
Defenders
J. Terry (CHE - D) @DER 8.64
Z. Knight (AST - D) @BLA,@MID 7.95
N. Vidic (MAN - D) @BOL 9.84
Goalkeepers
M. Almunia (ARS - G) WIG 10.21
sahansah wrote:jholic Your team line up....Dunn is going to be suspended for one match as is Fabregas so these two won't be playing this weekend. Terry may be fit enough to play but vidic's participation is in doubt after a back problem. Don't know if his going to be fit enough to play on Saturday, we'll find that out on Saturday....
sahansah: i read your message too late! i had a really bad score this week. like four or five of my guys didn't even score. yikes!

let me see what my latest lineup can look like and let me know if they might do well. also, i heard that one team may be playing TWO games this weekend. that may raise my score up. what team is it?

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 28th, '07, 01:59

jholic A team playing twice over a weekend won't happen if that did all hell would break lose!!!

Okay but some teams since having played a game less will be playing during the weekdays well today er tomorrow for you I think...wednesday 28 Aston Villa play Blackburn....and then they will play Arsenal over the weekend
Arsenal play Villa on Sat and have another match agasint Newcastle next Wednesday on the 5th....so only these teams are going to be playing any extra games and you seem to have players from these teams

If I had a player from Villa well it would be Agbonlahor his started to score regularly...Ashley Young and Gareth Barry are quality players as well, worth a look at.
Benni McCarthy dunno if he will play for Blackburn this wed becasue he limped off in last game however his been declared fit to play and is Blackburns leading scorer. The likes of Pedersen and Bentley are two wingers you should look at and are key players for Blackburn

Its a tough one some tough games...Man Utd host Fulham on Monday its a game United should win easy....Hmmm I have a feeling United may just bang in 3-4 goals...theres hope right?
Arsenal Vs. Aston Villa will be a juicy fixture on Sat thats for sure and I hope Villa at least draw against them :P - Adebayor is dew a exceptional game...he may cause the Villa defense problems....may miss a million sitters but I think his going to get at least one goal.

I would have suggested Arteta and Cahill from Everton but just had a look at who they're facing...Porthmouth and that is going to be a close game....BTW Benjani for Porthmouth is leading premiership scorer

Blackburn against newcastle...newcastle are struggling at moment so Blackburn are favs for that game on Sat esp since they are playing at home...I expect Blackburn to win

Chelsea undefeated at home and I don't think West ham will break that...btw can you get hold of Drogba? his one of the best prem strikers
You could look at Anelka of Bolton he did score against Man Utd last weekend and is a quality player but Bolton play Liverpool at home, however Rafa, Liverpools manager dont like playing against the physical Bolton team much and I think Anelka may just score against them ...still think Liverpool are going to win though...Torres okay missed like 4-5 chances last weekend but he will well I hope get a couple of goals at home in front of the Kop for Liverpool...

Spurs Vs. Birmingham, Spurs win depends whose playing upfront prob will be berbatov and keane....Berbatov is a skillful player dunno he hasn't lit the scoring charts but Keane his on fire

The whipping boys now without a manager play Sunderland who lost 7-1 to Everton last wk...I think Sunderland are going to win it but its going to be a really close game as both teams are doing badly...Kenwyne Jones for Sunderland and Kapo for Birmingham are the leading scorers for these teams.

I'm thinking will Wenger drop Almunia after Sevilla scored 3 goals against Arseanl in the champions league....wern't his fault so I think he will retain his spot for now

I think for now you should think of replacing dunn maybe get another striker or attacking midfielder...no hopes for Ronaldo XD lol....Oh just had a look and florent malouda is injured....damn its freaking hard to find out which players are injured at times grrhhhh......so replace him...

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 28th, '07, 14:55

Derby name Paul Jewell as new manager and Alex McLeish, Scotland natioanl team manager is unveiled as new Birmingham boss....hmmmmm still think Spurs are going to win but Birmingham first game under McLeish may be more resilient. Same for Derby the players would want to show the new boss that they are worth it to be in the team and could be playing with more steel....

BTW jholic I'm wondering for defenders how come you don't choose full-backs or wing-backs? They have more freedom, well depends on team and how attack minded they are to bomb down the flanks and help with attack. Evra for Man Utd and Sagna for Arsenal have impressed me...dunnno bout other teams even though Ashley Cole for Chelsea is suppsoed to be one of the best left-backs in the world he hasn't recreated the same form he has had with Arsenal...the sell-out :glare: I would have mentioned Clichy but his injured at mo

some players to have a look at Laursen prob villa's best defender and lescott for Everton has been solid. Worth a shot with Mich richards....has been playing well for Man City but his positioning is suspect but has pace and the physical presence to counter that.
Utaka is playing well for Portsmouth and Petrov from man city and I still think Tim Cahil and Arteta are quality players that Everton can't do without. Pedersen I think is kinda inconsistant at times but still a quality player hasn't scored so far yet and Bentley up and coming maybe even future England international has scored a couple. Gareth Barry is consistant good passer of the ball and solid player. Ashley Young I think is one of the best Wingers England have dunno why he hasn't been choosen for the English national team.
Drogba, Torres, Rooney (Will be fit for Fulham), Benjani, Agbonlahor, Abebayor, Anelka, McCarthy, keane and maybe Berbatov (he seems a little lazy...still very skillful) just some forwards to look at

Elano may be a doubt for Man city but I think his going to play this weekend.

Apart from the top four of Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool, Teams like Man City, Porthsmouth, Blackburn, Aston Villa, Everton and Spurs (their defense is woeful) have very much have the quality to push into the top 4....at moment most likey Blackburn, Man city (really suprised how well they are doing and now have financial backing though may slip down the table this season highly doubt they will remain in the top 4 for long) and Porthsmouth but these teams in the forthcoming seasons hopefully would bring more unpredictability into the premiership. West Ham and Newcastle well given a couple of seasons may just join them.

I've updated the above post noticed a couple of mistakes......was tired yesterday lol oh how has your friend taken the 3-1 defeat Arsenal suffered to Sevilla in the champions league....lol Wenger was instructed to leave the pitchside dug-out and watch from the stands LOL but like a child he refused and watched the match er near the tunnel and close to the dugout not technically from the stands.....ha-ha Wenger still can't take losing well

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 28th, '07, 21:46

Yay, we won! :cheers: :alcoholic:

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 29th, '07, 00:20

:lol ha-ha-ha Yeah you came back to win :thumleft: got a really good chance now to progress hope you guys all the best.....Man Utd have already progressed 8) - Liverpool :whistling: need to win against Marseille away to stand a chance...Torres scored twice which is a good sign. I still think Liverpool need another quality Forward and Winger. Their defense also seriously needs strengthening.
Chelsea qualified :glare: and what happened to Valencia bottom of group B....and last game agasint Chelsea....no hope of qualification.

Ha-ha :cheers: :cheers: Blackburn 0 - 4 Aston Villa :D :D :D Go Villa!!!! thats four straight wins and I thought Blackburn would win this....now onwards and trash Arsenal to end their undefeated run!!!.... :roll ....One can dream about that but who knows.

Anyways the game was actually close and 4-0 kinda flatters Villa. If it wasn't for the sending off of Nelsen which in my opinion was very harsh who knows if it would have endind 4-0 to Villa. Before that they were 1-0 up and then Nelsen pulled Agbonlahor's shirt in pen box (which led to his sending off) which Barry converted to make it 2-0. Ashley Young scored the third which was a curling shot...sweetly struck before Harewood scored near the end. Anyways Blackburn just broke apart after the sending off. McCarthy had a goal ruled off for offside early in the first half ...which was a very close call and that was before Carew converted Ashley Youngs free-kick to make it 1-0 to Villa. If McCarthy's goal counted it could have been a different story.
Gareth Barry played well as usual and I hope Villa can get something when they entertain Arsenal at home....hopefully. Agbonlahor was kinda quiet and he limped off to be replaced by Harewood hope its nothing serious.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 29th, '07, 02:36

sahansah: thanks for the info. i wasn't able to change my team this morning for some reason. will try to change it tomorrow.

btw, i noticed it's Maryvel's birthday? happy birthday, Maryvel.

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 29th, '07, 06:16

jholic wrote: btw, i noticed it's Maryvel's birthday? happy birthday, Maryvel.
Oh, thank you so much! You just made me so happy. :wub:
I can't believe you're actually the first person to congratulate me. :lol

And Werder Bremen went totally nuts yesterday and beat Real Madrid 3:2. That was a surprise to me. We have to play these maniacs next. :blink

Not a bad run for Villa it seems. Go, Villa!! :cheers:

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 29th, '07, 08:29

LOL Maryvel hope your team can go even more nuts and match or exceed them in the crazy department.... :rambo: .....Well Real Madrid are a big team but then everyone wants to beat the big teams right? Olympiakos need to be focused and ready....BTW do they play Bremen home or away? If at home you've got a big advantage hope the crowd lifts the team :cheers:

Yeah its a great run 4 wins but nothing lasts forever and playing an undeafeted inform Arsenal side is going to be tough. The gap between the top 4 teams and the rest in the Prem is considerable however hopefully teams like Villa can close that gap. Villa beat Chelsea at home 2-0 but lost to Man Utd at home 4-1 and to Liverpool 2-1...cheating liverpool.... :glare: It's not going to be an easy game against the league leaders but this 4-0 trashing of Blackburn will give them confidence going into the game....a draw won't be bad as long as Arsenal don't score 3-4 past them I'm happy.

And happy birthday again :cheers: have a good day :thumright:

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Nov 29th, '07, 21:59

sahansah wrote:LOL Maryvel hope your team can go even more nuts and match or exceed them in the crazy department.... :rambo: .....Well Real Madrid are a big team but then everyone wants to beat the big teams right? Olympiakos need to be focused and ready....BTW do they play Bremen home or away? If at home you've got a big advantage hope the crowd lifts the team :cheers:
At home. We'll wipe the floor with these nutters. :lol
sahansah wrote:And happy birthday again :cheers: have a good day :thumright:
Thank you! :wub:

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 30th, '07, 21:52

Maryvel No problem and as a late present Olympiakos will qualify!!!! :-)

jholic Fabregas and Elano are injured so gonna miss weekend fixtures just a heads up dunno how long they are going to be out...don't think its going to be that long for Fabregas.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 2nd, '07, 21:25

:w00t: 4-0 to Liverpool...boy they are banging in them goals now...Torres and Gerrard seem to be on form..thought Bolton would at least get one goal.

Arsenal beat Villa 2-1 :-( ...from what I heard Arsenal played just breathtaking football in first half...and could have scored more...Villa were lucky to go in front at start but a Flamini and then a Adebayor header (knew he was gonna score one) gave them the lead. Second half Villa closed them down and stopped Arsenal playing their beautiful football and could have nicked a draw, Carew hitting the bar. Ashley Young looks to have come good for Villa! Young for England!!!!! :D

Stunned Birmingham beat Spurs!!! and that to right at the end in extra time to make it 3-2....unpredictable

8) Man utd play tomorrow...6-0 to Man Utd against Fulham you heard it here first :D

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 2nd, '07, 21:39

Euro 2008 groups:

Group A: Switzerland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Turkey

Group B: Austria, Croatia, Germany, Poland

Group C: Holland, Italy, Romania, France

Group D: Greece, Sweden, Spain, Russia

What groups I say!!!! Esp Group C Italy and France together AGAIN!!!! also Holland and Romania face off together after being in the saem Euro qualification group!!!!
That is the toughest group , sure Italy and France look fav to win that group but Holland are not second rate they have some technically gifted players and Romania won't be pushovers I think.

Greece opposite Spain, Russia and Sweden...Spain have the players but can they win the group? Tough one

Austria don't stand a chance its going to be Germany and Croatia but you can never know with football!!!

I actually think group A is kinda unpredictable with any of the teams taking it....though Portugal should be favs to win the group.

Come on People speculate!!!!

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 2nd, '07, 22:37

go Turkey,go'' :P we will, we will rock you.. :P

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Dec 2nd, '07, 22:44

Group C is the killer group. It's going to be unbelievably tough. :crazy:

Austria doesn't stand a chance, but to be honest, there wouldn't have been any group easy enough for us anyway.

Greece was lucky once again. Since we have Rehakles as trainer the lucky streak just won't end. We can make it. :lol

YaGaMi82

Post by YaGaMi82 » Dec 3rd, '07, 04:26

They must have seriously cocked up with the seeding. How did they come up with Group C. I thought they would try to seperate teams coming from the same qualifying groups.

Nevertheless we can expect some cracking games in Euro 08. I'm a neutral in the competition but I will will be supporting players that play for Man United.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 3rd, '07, 11:02

YaGaMi82 Yeah I know but they based seeds on results from the World cup 2006 qualifications and 2008 euro qualifications, they didn't take into account the actual world cup. So that why we get the groups we get. Still it makes it really interesting I mean Holland, France and Italy strong teams and one is destined to be eliminated.

Hmmm Greece have a chance of making it but it won't be no easy feat thats for sure.

I'm France all the way....well until they lose LOL....

He-he Turkey will rock and then fall down :P Its going ot be tough for Turkey....Portugal and Czech Republic are gonna be favs but it can still be anyone ahhh the beauty of these tournaments :-)

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 3rd, '07, 12:45

AC Milan's Kaka wins Ballon D'Or he is now officially Europes best player...maybe even in the world?
He beat Christiano Ronaldo (who came in second) by a long margin, almost double points whilst Lionel Messi came in third (close call between him and Ronaldo).
Ronaldo was on fire last season scoring round 23 goals, he was by far the prems best player and literally won united the prem title. I dunno how Kaka performed in Serie A last season but I guess it was all down to the Champions League Semi-finals where AC Milan beat United. In the two legs Kaka shone and Ronaldo disappeared. If United had won and went on to the finals then I'm guessing Ronaldo would have won the Ballon D'Or. Still Ronaldo's young and has many years to improve himself whereas Kaka has probably reached his potential. Kaka is one fine player and a very nice person. He deserves the win and all the best to him.

There is still the buisness of the Fifa World Footballer of the Year between Kaka, Ronaldo and Messi. Well no guesses whose going to win that......

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 3rd, '07, 22:15

YaGaMi82 wrote:They must have seriously cocked up with the seeding. How did they come up with Group C. I thought they would try to seperate teams coming from the same qualifying groups.

Nevertheless we can expect some cracking games in Euro 08. I'm a neutral in the competition but I will will be supporting players that play for Man United.
totally agree with u,, i mean c'mon why would they put France in the 3 level okay they were bad but not like the other NT and Holland why they are in the first level.. :x

they planned for all this it's so obvious,, i wish Italy can make it to the next level or at
least Spain. :cry:

i see u r MU fan :mrgreen: ,, i like liverpool :wub:

AC Milan's Kaka wins Ballon D'Or he is now officially Europes best player...maybe even in the world?
He beat Christiano Ronaldo (who came in second) by a long margin, almost double points whilst Lionel Messi came in third (close call between him and Ronaldo
i hate him hate him hate him, he doesn't deserve it there are other players who deserve it
Stupid Fefa they always give this award to those stupid Brazilian players :x

YaGaMi82

Post by YaGaMi82 » Dec 4th, '07, 00:24

Ronaldo was on fire last season scoring round 23 goals, he was by far the prems best player and literally won united the prem title. I dunno how Kaka performed in Serie A last season but I guess it was all down to the Champions League Semi-finals where AC Milan beat United. In the two legs Kaka shone and Ronaldo disappeared. If United had won and went on to the finals then I'm guessing Ronaldo would have won the Ballon D'Or. Still Ronaldo's young and has many years to improve himself whereas Kaka has probably reached his potential. Kaka is one fine player and a very nice person. He deserves the win and all the best to him.

There is still the buisness of the Fifa World Footballer of the Year between Kaka, Ronaldo and Messi. Well no guesses whose going to win that......
Thats exactly what I was telling my mate today, Kaka will most likely be the FIFA World Player of the Year and I don't mind that. He's a cracking player.
totally agree with u,, i mean c'mon why would they put France in the 3 level okay they were bad but not like the other NT and Holland why they are in the first level.. :x

they planned for all this it's so obvious,, i wish Italy can make it to the next level or at
least Spain. :cry:

i see u r MU fan :mrgreen: ,, i like liverpool :wub:
All the big teams will be cancelling each other out, and we may get another team winning it for the first time. I'd like to also see Spain perform well since they always mess up on the big stage...hopefully Fabregas can carry his form through to Euro 08.

You're a Liverpool fan, which makes you the enemy! :P

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 01:16

l-chan wrote: i hate him hate him hate him, he doesn't deserve it there are other players who deserve it
Stupid Fefa they always give this award to those stupid Brazilian players :x
lol now come on you're just bitter that Liverpool were beaten by A.C. Milan in last seasons Champions League final...Kaka is a great player LOL and Brazilians well what can I say have produced the most talented football players the world has ever seen so its only befitting that they win....

YaGaMi82 Yeah Kaka prob will deserve it but Ronaldo two goals against Fulham :cheers: His banging in the goals like last season even with Rooney and Tevez Ronaldo is Man Utd's most dangerous player by far and I'm loving it hopefully this season its United for the Champions League :D

Yeah like Greece last time from a neutral point of view its going to be exciting !!!! Hopefully Spain don't underperform and Fabregas gets to run the midfield with Torres and Villa up front scoring loads of goals

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 16:25

lol now come on you're just bitter that Liverpool were beaten by A.C. Milan in last seasons Champions League final...Kaka is a great player LOL and Brazilians well what can I say have produced the most talented football players the world has ever seen so its only befitting that they win....
that's so not true,, i don't hate him because of that.. i do like liverpool but in the first place
JUVENTUS and VALENCIA come. anyways do u really think he deserves this award i
mean really think about it really is he the best player in the world!!! aren't there any other
players who deserve it ?!! :cry:
All the big teams will be cancelling each other out, and we may get another team winning it for the first time. I'd like to also see Spain perform well since they always mess up on the big stage...hopefully Fabregas can carry his form through to Euro 08.

You're a Liverpool fan, which makes you the enemy!
NIAHAHAHAHAH,,well i don't hate MU that much cause there is NANI who i looooooove
and hmm well he's the only reason hahahahahahha. :wub:

about the NT,, i really wish Spain can do something this time,, cause they have the best
players in europe :-)

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 18:59

l-chan His been voted best player in Europe....and shortlisted with Messi and Christiano Ronaldo as a candidate for Fifa World Footballer of the Year...I dunno why you don't like Kaka all that much but to be honest who else is there? At moment noone can deny that Kaka is one of the worlds best players... :-)

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 19:16

AH, no i disagree with u... look i hate Ronaldinho too but i still think he deserves it u
know. what did KAKA do lately? nothing.

i don't know i just can't accepte that simply.. there are players like Messi, he's doing
great with Barca there is Aguero hmm Torre, Casillas or Buffon EVEN robinho plus
sergio Ramos they all are good players and they are doing so much for their clubs
and NT.

True Kaka is a good player but he is not the only one and he can't play by himself while
the other i've mentioned can.. just look at AC milan in calcio they are BAD,, though the
best player in the world is in their team he could at least score in every game or one
goal per a two matches. :glare:

i will never ever accepte what the Fifa says,, i never cared about what they say and
i won't now :)

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 19:39

l-chan LOL seems you have a problem with Brazilians XD
Sure the players you mentioned are good players...Messi in particular...Ronaldinho has been under-performing by his standards and I dunno whats happening with him....I don't watch serie A so I don't know how Kaka is doing there.
But he can't play by himself? Most of AC Milan is filled with oldies....he guided them to the Champions League final and scored 10 goals making him the Champions league top scorer last season....I'm not saying he is THE best player in the world but the general consesus is he is at the moment...will he retain it? I doubt that by the form of Fabregas and the continuing brilliance of Ronaldo and Messi....But ask any manager if they would want Kaka in their team and they would jump at the chance...

The beauty of football :-) BTW I would have wanted Christiano Ronaldo to have won European Player of the year and not Kaka and it would be great if Ronaldo would win Fifa World Footballer of the Year but it won't happen cuz everyones gone ga-ga over Kaka....but we should just accept these things for now not everyone is going to have the same opinion over things

BTW I-chan I'm kinda sad that Valencia won't make it to the next stage of the Champions League :-( I really wanna see them play they have some exciting players!! What happened?

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 19:53

HAHHAHAHHAHAH, well u understand me very well or should i say it's so abvious that
i hate brazilians :P

i guess there is no point in descussing this any furthure cuz nothign will change, i know
i'm so stubborn :mrgreen: one of the juventino's bad habits :mrgreen:

if i had a team i wouldn't buy Kaka even if they gave me him for free :glare:
stupid player :whistling:

anyways u said u don't watch Seria A ?? HOW COULD U,, well yes it's kinda boring
and u can't compare it to the PL or laliga but then again it's Calcio :roll

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 20:00

LOL l-chan ha-ha Well I think Serie A highlights are shown but I can't watch every football match in the world now can I? I just stick to the exciting ones :mrgreen: and the Prem is just damn exciting...

lol Its a good thing you are not a manager XD

True Serie A is kinda in decline with all the fan trouble :unsure: ....its now more La Liga and the Premiership.....hows the old lady faring in Serie A?

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 4th, '07, 20:07

Milan goal goal goal'' :P

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 20:08

ah i just saw what u said about valencia,, hmm do u have to remind me.. i've been crying
for a whole week now,, i really don't know what happened to them.. they arn't the :cry:
team that i know,, they lost their spirit,, DAMN FATTY Soler " he's valencia's president"

we lost from bilbao on Sunday 3-0 in mestalla what a great score :cry: :cry: :cry:

JUVE, is another thing they make me happier every day, they are really good though
most of our players are very young and losers but they are doing a great job we just
lost from Napoli this season 8)

if u like football u should always make time for the games :D thats what i do,, still
sometimes i fall asleep in the middle of the game,, cuz they show it late here :glare:

i talk alot ,, i did not believe i met people who like football now i won't shut my mouth
i'll keep talking and talking until u guys will get sick of me :mrgreen:
Last edited by l-chan on Dec 4th, '07, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 20:15

SP1CA LOL when you said goal, goal, goal I thought Milan had scored! but they haven't :roll

l-chan :D Keep on talking I say you can provide us with information from the Serie A and La Liga :D :D :D

LOL most of your players are losers? :scratch: and they lost it makes you happy :scratch: :scratch:
Last edited by sahansah on Dec 4th, '07, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 20:15

SP1CA wrote:Milan goal goal goal'' :P
hope they lose,, well it doesn't matter they already qualified but it's nice to see Milan
losing XD

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 20:20

l-chan wrote: hope they lose,, well it doesn't matter they already qualified but it's nice to see Milan
losing XD
ha-ha thats how I feel with Chelsea XD Hope Valencia beat them :-)

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 20:22

sahansah wrote:SP1CA LOL when you said goal, goal, goal I thought Milan had scored! but they haven't :roll

l-chan :D Keep on talking I say you can provide us with information from the Serie A and La Liga :D :D :D

LOL most of your players are losers? :scratch: and they lost it makes you happy :scratch: :scratch:
yeah it does,, i'll always like them no matter what,, i do curse them every once and while
but then i say nice things about them cuz they for me are the best players in the world.

i just wanted to ask is Albert Luque is he still in :scratch: i just asked my sister about
him and she doesn't know either :lol

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 20:25

sahansah wrote:
l-chan wrote: hope they lose,, well it doesn't matter they already qualified but it's nice to see Milan
losing XD
ha-ha thats how I feel with Chelsea XD Hope Valencia beat them :-)
i hate them too,, they really suck losers.. i hate all Chelsea players and their president
and their coach and their stadium :mrgreen:

we'll beat them don't worry,,hope they won't score more than 3 goals :pale:

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 20:26

l-chan wrote: i just wanted to ask is Albert Luque is he still in :scratch: i just asked my sister about
him and she doesn't know either :lol
:scratch: Still in?? in the Premiership? No he has transferred to Ajax this season

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 20:29

l-chan wrote:
i hate them too,, they really suck losers.. i hate all Chelsea players and their president
and their coach and their stadium :mrgreen:

we'll beat them don't worry,,hope they won't score more than 3 goals :pale:
:lol Yeah same here...they think they are a Big Team but they are not.....don't come close to the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool or Man Utd in the Prem....Though Hopefully they don't score more then 3 XD without Lampard or Drogba Chelsea lose alot of attacking edge.....

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 20:32

You know that Fernando Torres?...Yeah...His on fire at the moment!...Er yeah about that it was an ACCIDENT!!!!!
You know who I find really hot...Who?....Someone burning
u like MU?? u r just jealous of us hahahhahaha

and about Luque i did not know that :O ,, well u were once one of my best players :-(

chelsea are like Milan and Barcalona i just hate them and i with they all die well hmm
can their club die as well XD

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 4th, '07, 20:38

sahansah wrote:SP1CA LOL when you said goal, goal, goal I thought Milan had scored! but they haven't :roll

i cheered for them :D hope they'll win, inşallah. Milan is my fav Italian team :D

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 20:43

SP1CA wrote:

i cheered for them :D hope they'll win, inşallah. Milan is my fav Italian team :D
just because u r turkish i won't say anything to u cuz i remember my friend.. i'm from
UAE btw :D but still i hate BILAN XD

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 20:43

:lol Jealous of Liverpool he-he no chance....I like Liverpool but this season its gonna be United for Champions League and mark my words they are gonna win it....only 2 euro cups :pale: .....thats not good for one of the biggest teams in the world

Barcelona? How can you hate Barca :O ....They are a solid team who allowed Unicef to be displayed on their shirts for free thats respect :salut:

Pretty harsh words I'd want Chelsea to be relegated :mrgreen: thats bout it lol.....XD

Luque? You like Luque he didn't achieve much at Newcastle....maybe it was the injury he suffered but yeah...Luque?

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 20:52

sahansah wrote::lol Jealous of Liverpool he-he no chance....I like Liverpool but this season its gonna be United for Champions League and mark my words they are gonna win it....only 2 euro cups :pale: .....thats not good for one of the biggest teams in the world

Barcelona? How can you hate Barca :O ....They are a solid team who allowed Unicef to be displayed on their shirts for free thats respect :salut:

Pretty harsh words I'd want Chelsea to be relegated :mrgreen: thats bout it lol.....XD

Luque? You like Luque he didn't achieve much at Newcastle....maybe it was the injury he suffered but yeah...Luque?
i'm a valencianista how can i not hate Barca?? :mrgreen:

MU is a good team but,, Liverpool :wub: i dunno,, i just like them

luque he was good at deportivo,, i still miss him and want him back,, i knew he won't
succeed outside but thats what he wanted :-(

anyways i should leave now,, it was really nice o talk to u guys i enjoyed myself and
now it's time for me to get back to work.. wish me luck guys i really need it for
tomorrow's presentation :fear:
Last edited by l-chan on Dec 4th, '07, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 20:53

SP1CA wrote: i cheered for them :D hope they'll win, inşallah. Milan is my fav Italian team :D
lol I don't mind who wins anyways Milan have already qualified but this time round if united and Milan face-off inshallah United win :-)

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 20:58

l-chan wrote: i'm a valencianosta how can i not hate Barca?? :mrgreen:

MU is a good team but,, Liverpool :wub: i dunno,, i just like them

luque he was good at deportivo,, i still miss him and want him back,, i knew he won't
succeed outside but thats what he wanted :-(

anyways i should leave now,, it was really nice o talk to u guys i enjoyed myself and
now it's time for me to get back to work.. wish me luck guys i really need it for
tomorrow's presentation :fear:
LOL ja ~ Hope you get your work done and good luck tomoz Salaam :salut:

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 21:02

where are u from ? :scratchchin: I'm just curious :P

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 21:09

The U.K. Its written under the Mao Avie :-)

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 21:10

hmm,, how do u know salaam? :)

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 4th, '07, 21:12

people from UK can know salaam :D they can know ''selamum aleykum''- ''aleykum selam'' :P

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 4th, '07, 21:14

MILAN''' :D this time, it's a goal :D

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 4th, '07, 21:15

hahhaah i'm so stupid how did i miss that

anyways,, good nigh to u all.. i'll see u guys soon 8)

and the stupid inzaghi scores for milan,, :glare:

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 21:23

LOL cuz I'm Muslim :-) ...well as long as its not Kaka who scored l-chan :lol

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 21:42

Fulltime AC Milan defeat Celtic 1-0...but it don't matter :D ...Celtic are through to next round because Shakhtar Donetsk lost against Benfica ! Go British teams hope all 6 British teams qualify!!!!

phacoel

Post by phacoel » Dec 4th, '07, 23:00

Man, I just found out that there is football thread here.
Since I also play it (just with my friends), good to hear those who like dorama also like footbal LOL.

Speaking about England team......HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
What a joke. There are only few decent players who can play for their national team.
And also the manager was a joke (together with people who appointed him).
He (Mclaren) only did what media and other people think, instead of having his own plan.
He was crazy enough to drop Robinson and use Carson on FINAL game without thinking that Carson needed more experience first. Sure, Robinson made a lot of error, but this is desicive game......
Anyway, a have too much rant for England team. Also, combination of Lampard and Gerrard never works, so just drop one of them (i prefer drop Lampard, he can't organize the team, Gerrard more reliable, although last game he played badly). I also like Hargraves, since he played for Bayern Munchen. For forward, maybe the youngsters more reliable than the seniors.

Anyway, for Euro 2008, what a crazy drawing. I never thought it's possible that ITALY, FRANCE AND NETHERLANDS in the same group for a major tournament. Not to mention Romania who beat Netherlands in the qualification. This is crazy!!!!!
Although ITALY sometimes play poor, but they can shock the opponent, especially with those outstanding players.
FRANCE....just the same with Italy, You must watch during World cup, how they can improve their play after the group, especially against Brazil. Oh god, you must love Zidane during that game.
Netherlands.....not a very good team, but not bad one either. They are above average.
Romania.....hmmmmm, maybe I can't talk much about them, but beating Netherlands means they a tough opponent.
So, this means.....a very interesting match next year. Also, European countries can narrow the gap between the strong ones and weak ones, so it's very interesting.
Just hope no match with 7-0 result. It's not interesting at all, boring, one sided game.

Other groups??? not worth mentioned, since the strong countries SHOULD manage their way through, unless they play like idiots hehehhehe

Oh yeah, I like LIVERPOOL and hate MU (although I ike Hargraves and respect Giggs).
No hard feeling for it, just hate them yawn.....

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 23:09

Gotta agree with you phacoel England were a joke....seriously need a good manager who can get the best out of the players...plus its time to blood some of the younger under-21's into the senior team...Agbonlahor, Walcott get them playing...

LOL I like too see a goals-galore! So Liverpool won Besiktas 8-0 tell me you didn't enjoy that ha-ha....

A Man Utd hater....how comes almost everyone on this thread support Liverpool XD...The price of success...Giggs is a class player and so is Scholes you cannot hate them....Although Ronaldo :lol is a different matter I love the guy utter class :D

BTW phacoel where bouts you from?

phacoel

Post by phacoel » Dec 4th, '07, 23:32

I am Indonesian, although now I am in Netherlands, in Eindhoven. Good thing I am not in Amsterdam, i hate Ajax, especially the teams now. I like PSV more.

No, I don't really enjoy Liverpool against Besiktas. It's a joke, you know. How come they can't defend at all, i mean AT ALL!!!!! Not to mention they can't score even one.
Well, I like Liverpool won, but hate a one-sided game, just a silly players on the field, you know. I can say I play quite decent for an amateur, a real amateur, especially for defense. I like a defensive midfielder, like Didier Deschamp when France won the World Cup 98 and Euro 2000 (Although Zidane is the best one, but there aren't a lot like him you know), Hargraves, Albertini in Milan (was), and some that I forgot their names. They support the attacking midfielder and forward/strikers. They can also organize the team, defend and attack and the same time. The kind of player I want to be.

Oh, I'm also a Muslim/Moslem. So, good to know you brother! :D

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 4th, '07, 23:41

Salaam Bro :salut:

Yeah get what you mean but I guess things just break down, the nerves get to ya and you start to lose compusure and confidence after going a couple of goals down....I like gareth barry his good in midfield...can attack and defend also is a good passer of the ball. How bout Roy Keane :mrgreen: lol he was a rock for United and inspired confidence....