Dramawiki - annoying full page ads

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
doramafreak

Dramawiki - annoying full page ads

Post by doramafreak » Nov 24th, '07, 21:44

Hi there,

Every time I try to navigate between pages on the drama wiki, I get an annoying full page ad in between each and every page. I click a page, and then it takes me to the new page for a half second, and then a full page ad comes up, usually for Christianet. I have to click 'skip ad' to get rid of it. It only happens when I go into the Drama Wiki, and no other site I search on the web.

If this is advertising that is necessary to support the drama wiki, let me know and I will just shut up and deal with it, but just wanted to let you know in case it is something that is not what was intended for the wiki.

Thanks

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dramawiki - annoying full page ads

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 24th, '07, 21:49

doramafreak wrote:Hi there,

Every time I try to navigate between pages on the drama wiki, I get an annoying full page ad in between each and every page. I click a page, and then it takes me to the new page for a half second, and then a full page ad comes up, usually for Christianet. I have to click 'skip ad' to get rid of it. It only happens when I go into the Drama Wiki, and no other site I search on the web.

If this is advertising that is necessary to support the drama wiki, let me know and I will just shut up and deal with it, but just wanted to let you know in case it is something that is not what was intended for the wiki.

Thanks
It actually only surpose to show once per day. What browser are you using?

doramafreak

Post by doramafreak » Nov 24th, '07, 22:49

I use internet explorer mainly, but I just checked it on firefox, and it is doing the same thing. Every page I click to, the full page ad comes up, and I have to click to get through to see the page.

psychodaisy

Post by psychodaisy » Nov 24th, '07, 22:54

i'm using safari and i'm seeing it on every page as well.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 24th, '07, 23:22

Ok I've removed the ad. Our revenue has been dropping and our expense has been rising, I'll try and think of something else.

knuts

Post by knuts » Nov 24th, '07, 23:27

How come I don't get them at all?
I am using IE. Is it maybe because of the anti-spyware and anti-virus programs I have?

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Nov 26th, '07, 01:18

i didnt mind the ads Ruroshin. i understand d-a's server bills are pretty high. good luck on your search!

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Nov 26th, '07, 01:23

I don't mind them either, Ruroshin. I would rather deal with them and still have such an incredible resource as the wiki has become, than not at all. Do whatever you need to do.

scaturan

Post by scaturan » Nov 26th, '07, 01:56

Ruroshin:

I'd be interested in advertising my Negimaki service, let me know of the rates and ad-specs if you have a spot available.

thanks.

Natsu-chan

Post by Natsu-chan » Nov 26th, '07, 17:52

I'm using firefox & lucki;ly I don't get ads :)
Thanks Ruroshin for keeping the site up :) Ads are fine as long as d-addicts websites + dramawiki are available :heart:

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Nov 26th, '07, 18:20

I don't get ads on DramaWiki either (I'm using Firefox with Adblock Plus), but I do see YesAsia's banner ad at the top of the d-addicts page. I don't mind that ad since it's not flashy and isn't intrusive. If you need to put ads on DramaWiki, maybe consider that sort of ad. Or try Google ads.

psychodaisy

Post by psychodaisy » Nov 26th, '07, 18:25

honestly, i never mind the ads on d-addicts. you gotta make some kind of revenue, right?

it looks like the ads are running proper now though. :) They dont' show up on every page i navigate to, just the one time.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 28th, '07, 00:47

if the ads keep the site running, i'm all for it, Ruro.