[Discussion] Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
mimmi

Post by mimmi » Sep 18th, '07, 06:39

Finally watched this dorama....like somebody mentioned before about liking the speech Kenzou made; I like it too....but I have to watch it again.... all I can think of throughout this whole dorama is "bummer, living life with regrets"....

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 18th, '07, 14:23

@ mimmi LOL. yeah..
i like Ken-zou's speech.. demo.. i weep for Tada-sensei. *sigh*
there are many times that i felt liking whacking Ken-zou in the head.. or Rei, for that reason. LOL

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Sep 18th, '07, 22:20

I'm looking forward to the extra ending! I hope it is two hours or something nice like that two. But we have to wait til december I think.

namie

Post by namie » Sep 22nd, '07, 18:56

EH???????????? Extra ending??????What is it???????? I LOVE prodai so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :w00t:

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Sep 22nd, '07, 19:02

rarachan81 wrote:by the way who knows about P.P.O.I.
I've watched that. The ending sucks :glare: and the drama is quite the same idea as ProDai

Oki i agree the ending of proDai is open but i guess is kind of obvious that
they DO remain together
neee~ :unsure:

nanmaP

Post by nanmaP » Sep 23rd, '07, 03:48

saw the series already and i really love the speech that kenzo gave before and after the time slip he had... it made me cry.. :cry:

i can't wait for the 12 extra episode to come out... huh :w00t:

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:04

I'm still watching this drama (on ep 6) and I'm looking forward to the rest! :)

morai_naki, I have to agree w/you... there are already times when I feel like whacking Kenzou in the head :P Rei too... Plus sometimes I don't even want them to end up together, haha!

namie

Post by namie » Sep 24th, '07, 10:05

Oh please,somebody can explain what are you talking about?PLEASE!!! I don't know that it will be a Prodai's special....please I want understand cause I love Prodai soooooooooo much and it is a very surprise for me!!! :wub: :wub:

usbfan001

Post by usbfan001 » Sep 27th, '07, 08:15

Great show, got me hooked, but halfway I couldn't wait and skipped around to the ending
Some opinions...
1. I can't stand Kenzo's hair. Seeing how he had long hair when he was a kid, I think the Fairy's hairstyle would fit him better. I don't know if I would go so far as having the Fairy have Kenzo's hair...
2. I noticed a part of the tune in the song "Rising Road (something)" is the same one used in a previous JDrama show "Dragon Zakura". The tune was used in the rock band scenes when the student thinks about his trumpet playing days. Which by the way stars the two same folks and in that show there was a hint of love between those two. It got me thinking if the financiers were planning to invest further on those two actors. Btw is there anything going on between those two in real life? Sorry to be nosy, I don't get Japanese celebrity gossip news. :)
3. I guess this show is from a male perspective. In the last episode, number 11 (not 12), Rei's inner thoughts come out like a splash! All the episodes before were Kenzo's focus but his thoughts were coming out a bit at a time then when the show is nearing the end the female lead only has a little time to suddenly splash out all her feelings to the audience.
4. I like Grandpa's outfit. The one with the loud blue/white top, commanding baggy pants, the tough solid belt, the quiet-in-the-night ninja shoes and his suave hat. Damn that's one kickass outfit to wear on the streets! I guess that can only be done in Japan.
5. In the early episodes, Kenzo was wearing a green t-shirt that said in big bold yellow letters in front "I have great character". It just looked so out of place and ironic because he was a wuss early on.

Tiyo

Post by Tiyo » Oct 8th, '07, 20:22

gosh... this show is really awful because every second i wanted to cry to Ken "you are the biggest baka ever! you realy f*** up all these oppotynities!". and ending is really awful. it doesnt't give you award for waiting so long and suffreing with characters.

beee... still this show is really good, romantic lot sucks, but that part about friendship and building memories reminds me of Honey and Clover...

i really hope for special. but where have you found out about it, guys?

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Oct 8th, '07, 21:17

ladysaotome wrote:I got an email advertisement today for the DVD set coming out & guess what?!!

"DVD box set from Japanese TV series "Propose Daisakusen" starring Tomohisa Yamashita and Masami Nagasawa. Box set includes all 12 episodes (11 broadcast episodes and final episode you'll only see in this box),...."

(bold added by me)

If that's really true!!!! Maybe we'll get the ending we were all wanting after all!
when is it supposed to come out? I was about to buy a copy of proposal of ebay but the unofficial copy because i had heard somewhere that the dramas of japan were not made into official dvds

Tiyo

Post by Tiyo » Oct 8th, '07, 21:36

they say, DVD will come out by X-mas

Koneko
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Koneko » Oct 8th, '07, 23:15

amirvero wrote: when is it supposed to come out? I was about to buy a copy of proposal of ebay but the unofficial copy because i had heard somewhere that the dramas of japan were not made into official dvds
Where in the world did you hear that japanese dramas are never made into official dvds? ^^;;; There are official released. Proposal Daisakusen's boxset is coming out in December costing almost $200.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VIBF-5201

Anything from ebay is usually bootleg and it sure wouldn't include any of the extras that you would get from the official release. I would not include the un-aired last episode.

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Oct 9th, '07, 03:44

Tiyo wrote:they say, DVD will come out by X-mas
thanks
well about where i heard it it was here sowhere can't remember where
wow 200!!! that is alot

hikki2me

Post by hikki2me » Oct 9th, '07, 04:22

i download this drama long time ago but i didnt watch it... but last time, i decided to watch it with my housemate (who doesnt really watch J stuffs)... they really love the show... :D we kept shouting and curse Ken for not telling Rei about his feeling...we even cried to some part... i really love this show...
i found out actually Ken doesnt really like or love Rei before this: mean during their school life... i felt pity for Rei in that drama... kept the feelin for a long time...
the ending - really dissapointed... even my housemate hate it... i hope there will be extra ending... i really looking forward it... n ...
I STARTED TO LIKE YAMAPI !!! he's so cute!!!

i still search for the ending song... someone have it?

KiwiHoshi

Post by KiwiHoshi » Oct 18th, '07, 21:35

Hi,

I loved watching Propose Daisakusen!! ^_^ What is this news/rumor about an extra (12th?) episode? When is it going to come out?

Also, I really like some of the songs on the soundtrack. Does anyone know where I can get the guitar tabs for them??? :lol

r3ika

Chiisana Koi no Uta - Mongol 800 lyrics

Post by r3ika » Oct 22nd, '07, 02:30

proposal daisakusen fans!! just want to post the soundtrack in ep. 2 & 9 by Mongol 800.. enjoy!! ur welcome!! =)

hiroi uchuu no kazu aru hitotsu - one of many in this wide universe
aoi chikyuu no hiroi sekai de - in the great world of this blue earth
chiisana koi no omoi wa todoku - this tiny feeling of love will reach
chiisana shima no anata no moto e - you on the little island
anata to deai toki ha nagareru - time has passed since i first met you
omoi wo kometa tegami mo fueru - the letters with my feelings grow in numbers
itsushika futari tagai ni hibiku - without us realizing, it is already between us
toki ni hageshiku toki ni setsunaku - sometimes intense, sometimes sad
hibiku ha tooku haruka kanata e - it eachoes distantly
yasashii uta ha sekai wo kaeru - this gentle song changes the world

hora anata ni totte daiji na hito hodo - look, the person who is important to you
sugu soba ni iru no - is right beside you
tada anata ni dake todoite hoshii - i just want to reach only you
hibike koi no uta - this echoing love song
hora hora hora hibike koi no uta - listen, listen, listen this echoing love song

anata ha kidzuku futari ha aruku - you noticed that even the dark street
kurai michi demo hibi terasu tsuki - we walk on is lit up by the moon every night
nigirishimeta te hanasu koto naku - not letting go of the hand i grasped
omoi ha tsuyoku eien chikau - the feeling are strong, i promised forever
eien no hanawa kitto boku ha iu - in the depths of forever, i'll surely say
omoi kawarazu onaji kotoba wo - these same words with my feelings inchanged
soredemo tarizu namida ni kawari - but it's still not enough and turns into tears
yorokobi ni nari kotoba ni dekizu tada dakishimeru tada dakishimeru - it turns into joy, i

cant put into words just embracing, just embracing

hora anata ni totte daiji na hito hodo - look, the person who is important to you
hora hora hora hibike koi no uta - listen, listen, listen this echoing love song

yume naraba semenai de yume naraba semenai de - if it's a dream, dont wake up if it's a dream,

dont wake up
anata to sugoshita toki - the time i spent with you
eien no hoshi to naru - will turn into everlasting stars

btw, correct me if im wrong with the translation ^^

Göönk

Post by Göönk » Oct 22nd, '07, 22:54

thanks for the translation.

klon22

Post by klon22 » Oct 22nd, '07, 23:04

Hi,

tnx for translate,
good luck!

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Oct 22nd, '07, 23:15

Merged with discussion thread.

r3ika

Post by r3ika » Oct 23rd, '07, 03:21

heh?? u sure that there will be an extra episode to come?? who said that??

wapuro

Post by wapuro » Oct 23rd, '07, 03:34

according to the information the extra episode (12th episodes) will be out with the dvd package.....if i'm not mistake it will be out around desember (correct me f i'm wrong)

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 23rd, '07, 03:44

I'm pretty sure it's all hoax and speculations from various blogs.
There are no confirmed sources yet.

Either way, it can't be filmed before Nodame SP, so Summer '08 broadcast at the earliest.

s0ulcommited

uhmm

Post by s0ulcommited » Oct 24th, '07, 02:32

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/c ... 005035566/

You can preorder it on yesasia... It says DVD ending finale?!?!? Maybe thats what everyone is talking about. God I hope it's a better ending.

s0ulcommited

Post by s0ulcommited » Oct 24th, '07, 02:35

holy crap I reread it and it looks like there is an episode 12?! LOL i registered just to post this.

Icicle

Post by Icicle » Oct 26th, '07, 06:56

I'm so like this drama.
Yamapi acting was great and the way he do haleluyah chance is funny

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 26th, '07, 08:38

Oh... You guys were talking about the DVD :P

Yeah, it says clearly in Amazon Japan that there will be a DVD-only episode 12 finale starring Kuwata Keisuke. (the guy who sang the ending theme)

There's also a rumor of a real SP going around right now, but still no confirmation of any kind.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Oct 26th, '07, 10:27

8thSin wrote:
There's also a rumor of a real SP going around right now, but still no confirmation of any kind.
a SP would be great..hope that this rumor will turn out to be true!
Last edited by Love Angel on Oct 26th, '07, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

smilingstars

Post by smilingstars » Oct 26th, '07, 15:43

loving yamapi!!! great drama!!!

Icicle

Post by Icicle » Oct 26th, '07, 16:27

What's SP?

Namida Iro

Post by Namida Iro » Oct 26th, '07, 23:35

^ SP stands for Special. ^O^

neu101

Post by neu101 » Oct 28th, '07, 02:34

hey does anyone know the group name of that cd yamapi gave Nagasawa?

teemu8

Post by teemu8 » Oct 28th, '07, 06:41

neu101 wrote:hey does anyone know the group name of that cd yamapi gave Nagasawa?
i think mongol 800 a punk band :salut:

pink-revolution

Post by pink-revolution » Oct 28th, '07, 09:43

yes, it is Mongol 800 ^^ the song's name which is played is "Chiisana koi no uta" I think...very nice song indeed <3

hehrharz

Post by hehrharz » Oct 28th, '07, 09:50

I like this drama....haha, a nice and warm story about love and hallelujah thing ^^

The Yamapi is kinda cute, I like his expression...sometimes looks like an ignorant, sometimes so serious....but his character is always easy going, like always in other jdoramas too.

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Oct 30th, '07, 05:57

i cried so hard.... :cry:
dunno why each episode touch my heart and makes me cried so hard... :cry: :cry:
i exactly love this drama...
how can they makes this drama so touching :cry:
i will be so happy if i was Rei, being love like that,
at the end when yamapi cry on cruch, i cried so hard too :cry:

but really typical of japanese dorama, they makes us imagine the ending :lol
no hug nor kiss at the end.... :-)

is there any special for this drama?

rate this : Super ^^v

razu-san

Post by razu-san » Oct 30th, '07, 14:04

It is a touching drama indeed and the development in Ken-zou's character makes you very emotional :P. Moral of the story: don't let opportunities slip by you, because you'll regret them later on in life. As Rei's grandpa said: "Those who say they'll do it tomorrow are idiots" :P

There will be a special episode which will be released near the end of the year I think and will act as episode 12. Just speculating, think these might just be rumours at the moment, but I hope it's true though, the ending of episode 11 is waayy too open :P.

By the way, any else...
...feel kind of sorry for Tada sensei in the end? He's such a good guy >_< It makes Ken-zou seem a bit selfish...but meh I guess Rei did end up loving Ken-zou in the end

nela302

Post by nela302 » Oct 30th, '07, 14:35

razu san said
By the way, any else...
...feel kind of sorry for Tada sensei in the end? He's such a good guy >_< It makes Ken-zou seem a bit selfish...but meh I guess Rei did end up loving Ken-zou in the end
i felt soo sorry for tada sensei. he was such a nice , sweet guy who gave up his love after alll that for kenzou. yes at first i was pissed that he started dating Rei but then towards the end you start feeling sorry for the guy. i think its both kenzou and Rei's fault for not showing each other their tru feelings to each other sooner, well if they did that we would have now drama XD
but overall i loved this drama. yamapi looked veryyyy cute in here. loved his HALLAJULA CHANCE~!!! XD i cried towards the end. so touching.

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Oct 30th, '07, 15:06

hahaha... yeah cried until my eyes getting red...
i wanted to be loved like rei :P :P
yeah but tada sensei will get hotaru on hotaru no hikari right??? :P :P kinda selfish for happiness :D :D

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Nov 2nd, '07, 12:43

I really like this drama... :wub: :wub: :wub:

waiting for the ep12 in Disember...really one to know the ending

I hope the ending is what I was imagine after watched ep11 :)

pet

Post by pet » Nov 3rd, '07, 02:43

:cry: :cry: I just finish watch all the episode yesterday night. It really make me wana cry that much! huhuhu. Yamapi really carry the character well and the storyline really touch my heart. Basically what they say in the drama is correct. It had happen to me. Anything that you want to do, don't wait for tomorrow, because later on you will regret it. And make sure that everything that you doing now. do with a full spirit and try to best the best of all. 10/10 for this drama 2 thumb up

Huhuhu.. :cry: :thumright:

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Nov 6th, '07, 08:22

i just started watching it sometime this week and now im watching the 9th episode. i cried like h-ell in the 8th episode. its so sweet & all. plus, i feel like kicking rei's ass. SHE'S SUCH AN ASS!!!!!
yamapi is so sweet.. (i mean, ken) he's crying, the new year's eve part and the part where he said 'marry me' but she pushed him away...
I WAS SO FREAKIN' MAD THAT I SIMPLY YELL AT ANYBODY in my house..
:cry: going to d/l ep 10 now. lets hope my eyes wont water again.

razu-san

Post by razu-san » Nov 11th, '07, 01:58

The DVD box set has been confirmed to be released on the 7th of December!
You can already pre-order it at play-asia.com :) I can't wait for the 12th episode

fleng

Post by fleng » Nov 11th, '07, 04:03

12th episode? or just an extended 11th episode??

razu-san

Post by razu-san » Nov 11th, '07, 05:59

It will be an extra episode, extended maybe with all new footage, that picks up from after the events episode 11. So yes, episode 12 will be on the DVD.

fleng

Post by fleng » Nov 12th, '07, 07:02

coolies!

razu-san

Post by razu-san » Nov 12th, '07, 08:13

I reckon :) Until then, I'll be watching IWGP :P

fleng

Post by fleng » Nov 13th, '07, 03:13

is a Sub group (Love Song) going to hard sub the SP ? Just asking, kinda new to all this d-addict thang :D

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Nov 13th, '07, 03:17

huh~~? so there's going to be a SP? When??

razu-san

Post by razu-san » Nov 13th, '07, 04:26

SP comes with the DVD box set which will be released in Japan around the 7th of December. It would be awesome if Love Song subbed it, which I can assume they might, because they have done the whole series already :)

fleng

Post by fleng » Nov 13th, '07, 04:33

hopefully they do :D

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Nov 13th, '07, 04:57

SP is a rumor going around right now, not confirmed yet.

DVD will have "episode 12", an alternate ending, I have a feeling it'll have a lot of flashbacks :roll

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Nov 13th, '07, 05:06

Ep12 isnt that consider as SP cuz the 11th was the FINAL right?

razu-san

Post by razu-san » Nov 13th, '07, 06:34

That's what I thought...episode 12, SP same thing :P

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Nov 13th, '07, 07:21

When people say dorama SP, it's usually 2 hours or longer broadcasted on TV.

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Nov 13th, '07, 07:22

oh.... well im looking forward to seeing the epi 12..... :roll lol

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Nov 15th, '07, 02:19

the dvd that is coming out of proposal dai, is it gonna come out with subs?

razu-san

Post by razu-san » Nov 15th, '07, 05:42

According to play-asia.com, nope no subtitles

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Nov 15th, '07, 09:48

oooh that would suck for some ppl, I would like to see more behind scenes or NGs.

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Nov 15th, '07, 21:13

sadness :( I was gonna buy it but since it won't have subs thee is no point because I won't understand

Vercinex

Post by Vercinex » Nov 18th, '07, 08:32

@amirvero - If i'm not wrong. Lunargen from livejournal want to sub this dorama! if Prodai eps 12 uploaded here so dont worry! if you wanna buy that DVD box set

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Nov 21st, '07, 03:33

just checked my old collections pictures of Proposal daisakusen in magazine..
find this pic...its take from one of television magazine in June 2007

I don't find any scene related to this pic? I'm true?? of maybe this scene was cut?
or..maybe this scene in ep 12 ( Ep in DVD Box).. :scratch:

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Nov 22nd, '07, 00:05

Can't wait to see ep 12... i want to know what happen...
I have seen it and i liked it.. i love Yamapi's hair color and style

ringo89

Post by ringo89 » Nov 24th, '07, 11:45

ep 12???

i don't know anything about ep 12

they made extra ep or what??

can somebody explain to me?????

Kumonoito

Post by Kumonoito » Nov 24th, '07, 11:56

The 12th episode will be available in the DVD BOX only which will be released on the 7th of december =)
It's supposed to be the FINAL episode :-)

karz000

Post by karz000 » Nov 25th, '07, 03:13

soo you actually need to buy the whole dvd box just for the 12th episode??... can you just buy like a single dvd for thr 12th episode???.. oohh nvm. its not gonna be with subs anyway..

ringo89

Post by ringo89 » Nov 25th, '07, 03:39

yeah...

or can we download it from internet??

i'm glad they made the extra ep for proposal daisakusen!!

want to watch it as soon as possible!!!!!!! :D

Kumonoito

Post by Kumonoito » Nov 25th, '07, 11:01

Yup, it'll be only available in that DVD box.. I hope someone will buy it and upload that episode, I miss all characters >.<
I think I'll buy it too, but not this month lol

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Nov 25th, '07, 20:10

Actrulally before i watched this a friend of mine mentioned the 12 episode... but i don't know if it was to download...

ringo89

Post by ringo89 » Nov 26th, '07, 09:30

huaaa, i really hope someone will upload it soon!! :lol

can't wait to see the video!!! :wub:

lilsu

Post by lilsu » Dec 2nd, '07, 21:03

it would be really really great, if sb could upload it :wub:

only 5 (or 4?) days left!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

fleng

Post by fleng » Dec 3rd, '07, 02:10

who is sb???

Harle

Post by Harle » Dec 3rd, '07, 02:15

fleng wrote:who is sb???
I think lilsu meant "Somebody" ^-^°
Does anybody know the date of the DVD release? I know it's in December, but I forgot the day

fleng

Post by fleng » Dec 3rd, '07, 06:05

December 7th

namie

Post by namie » Dec 7th, '07, 10:33

today is 7 december!!!! :cheers: :cheers: Where is the new episode????? :goggle: :goggle: :goggle: