[Discussion] Yukan Club

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Oct 17th, '07, 00:25

mine is almost done!! 98%!

mannie511

Post by mannie511 » Oct 17th, '07, 00:38

it's amazing how subpig can always sub each episode so fast! chinese subs are out already!

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Oct 17th, '07, 00:57

ya! i saw the torrent link =]
this sis coool!! im watching it right now

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Oct 17th, '07, 01:30

Finally we have the raw torrent YAY!!! :cheers:

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Oct 17th, '07, 01:36

OH god!
im not even half way done.. and im drooling over jin jin... why is this guys soo sexy?? :cry: :cry: love the hair and his clothes... grrr that girl is sooo lucky..
"na-name? namae wa miro-miro-miro-miro-miro-miro-m-miroku desu" :roll
LOL! and the girl was asking for the dogs name XD
akanishi kawaiii!! :wub: :wub:

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Oct 17th, '07, 02:22

Ratings were pretty good. Comparable to Hana Kimi's first episode, I think.

15.9%

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Oct 17th, '07, 02:30

Wow! really good ratings! Let's pray it goes on like this!

Do we know wich version will be used for the subs?? :scratch:

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Oct 17th, '07, 02:34

Ginoru wrote:Do we know wich version will be used for the subs?? :scratch:
Hmmm. Would it matter? Both sub teams are working on hardsubs anyways...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 17th, '07, 02:43

As a fan of detective series, I have to say, I was quite disappointed... well not that I expect much..
that was entertaining though...
I was :blink at the the speed Jin finished charging the program & put on that armor ..damn that was fast.

I liked the fighting in the end.. but again, the timming was just not right.. come on, 4 highschool students beat a dozen of gangster just in 3 mins !! :crazy:

This club is really sthing, man.. lol

My fav scene is the party :-) I laughed so hard at the camera close up moments lol, Junno & Yu were hilarious lol

Again I love Yu's Noriko, she's so prettyyyy XD damn it.
ok, now I'll go watch "Swan no Baka" 8)

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Oct 17th, '07, 04:19

no time to read through the other pages
unfourtunatly i missed last nights episode but from the poeple who have seen it do we have a general thumbs up or thumbs down for the pilot?

a2a

Post by a2a » Oct 17th, '07, 06:06

I'm leaving the torrent to download and I'm off to the uni. Can't wait to get a first glimpse of the series (I decided to wait for the hardsubs so that I can watch it with my sister). But honestly, I'm not looking for a masterpiece, just a drama to fangirl over and have a really good time watching. I believe this answers to what I' m looking for. That's why I'm so excited! With my routine watching Yukan Club will cool me down and make me laugh~!

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Oct 17th, '07, 06:33

i enjoyed it more than the first episode of Hana Kimi. i like all the six characters but i find Yuri extra crazy!! :lol Minami is a great actress.. :thumleft: this is the second best pilot episode for me..after Iryu 2.. :wub:

miyuki_chan

Post by miyuki_chan » Oct 17th, '07, 07:46

Ginoru wrote:So, Kyoto girls(you lucky ones that have already seen it ;))It is fun but not great, in fact i was nor expecting anything great, just something to have fun with and ogle for a time LOL Anyway i don't decide about doramas until they reach their 3rd or 4th episodes

About not liking the production from your own country is absolutellyt true, i can't stand the spanish ones ;)
HAHA ~ Yeah me too ~ Unless I fall - asleep watching the first episode (which happened when I watched Sapuri and Tatta Hitotsu no Koi)

> Lauria

I'm Taiwanese and I refuse to watch Taiwan Dramas ~ (Though it's better now recently)

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Oct 17th, '07, 19:49

the Yukan Club LJ has very nice and detailed summary of episode 1:

http://community.livejournal.com/yuukan ... 6175#t6175

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Oct 18th, '07, 01:29

Rikayla wrote:Ratings were pretty good. Comparable to Hana Kimi's first episode, I think.

15.9%
agree.. im liking this dorama so far.. it not all detective mysterious.. is more comical :roll plus all the characthers are super cool!! :roll :roll

mannie511

Post by mannie511 » Oct 18th, '07, 01:45

first episode was surprisingly good~ i laughed so much throughout. promising to be a fun drama to watch~

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Oct 18th, '07, 01:50

me too!!
i laughed at the part when jin jin said his name to the girl :roll
kawaii

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 18th, '07, 03:52

kozumifan wrote:
Rikayla wrote:Ratings were pretty good. Comparable to Hana Kimi's first episode, I think.

15.9%
agree.. im liking this dorama so far.. it not all detective mysterious.. is more comical :roll plus all the characthers are super cool!! :roll :roll
Did you read the manga ?
I heard the characters are little different.
Especially Jin's character, many fans of the manga complaint about lacking of depth in his acting. In simple, he doesn't really play the character.

well that's what I read, not my personal thinking cuz I didn't read the manga either akak

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Oct 18th, '07, 04:30

i watch the ep... this is the first time i saw a show based of a manga because of the actors... (that might be a lie but just pertend you bleive me) hahaha

i liked it... i didn't know what i was going into...
i was like No i don't want Jin to be with her... If he was with the "kicj butt" girl i wouldn't mind.. or even the other girls... but a random person he goes with noooooooo.... haha unless the random actress i know and love.... actrually i don't even have to love her... i want her to be important... because i'm strange like that.... hahaha
I don't think it is a spoiler but was that Chinen Yuuri i saw in the peveiw for the next ep?

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Oct 18th, '07, 06:00

JIn may still be adjusting, this is his first drama after 2.5 years..hence the awkward acting, but the other 5 are great!! im especially impressed with Yuri(Minami). well she's a veteran stage actress and has worked with acclaimed directors like Ninagawa Yukio(Shun Oguri and Ninomiya Kazunari's mentor), so acting in a drama may not be that challenging for her. Yoko, Junno and Yu really fit their characters. i dont like Suzuki Emi in Galcir but she's quite adorable in Yukan.

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Oct 18th, '07, 12:26

marienella_m wrote:JIn may still be adjusting, this is his first drama after 2.5 years..hence the awkward acting, but the other 5 are great!! im especially impressed with Yuri(Minami). well she's a veteran stage actress and has worked with acclaimed directors like Ninagawa Yukio(Shun Oguri and Ninomiya Kazunari's mentor), so acting in a drama may not be that challenging for her. Yoko, Junno and Yu really fit their characters. i dont like Suzuki Emi in Galcir but she's quite adorable in Yukan.
i haven't watched the drama but watched previews, commercials;absolutely Minami is the greatest of all :D

shuurei

Post by shuurei » Oct 18th, '07, 15:20

I'm still downloading the first episode. Can't wait to watch it even though I can't understand japanese! All in the name of bakanishi-love! yay!

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Oct 18th, '07, 22:55

I have just read this in Japanese wikipedia O_O, what a surprise...

ゲスト
第2話
亮太 - 知念侑李(Hey! Say! JUMP)---> Chinen
助介 - 布施博
神宮寺勇太郎 - 亀梨和也(KAT-TUN)--> Kame

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Oct 18th, '07, 23:03

Nomanymore wrote:
kozumifan wrote:

15.9%
Did you read the manga ?
I heard the characters are little different.
Especially Jin's character, many fans of the manga complaint about lacking of depth in his acting. In simple, he doesn't really play the character.

well that's what I read, not my personal thinking cuz I didn't read the manga either akak
nah i didnt.. but it doesnt matter.. i dont have to like the manga to like the drama :roll
but every drama is different from the actual manga, like HYD, hana kimi, etc..

I have just read this in Japanese wikipedia O_O, what a surprise...

ゲスト
第2話
亮太 - 知念侑李(Hey! Say! JUMP)---> Chinen
助介 - 布施博
神宮寺勇太郎 - 亀梨和也(KAT-TUN)--> Kame
a! kame will be in it as a guest!! how cool!!

mrs_akanishi

Post by mrs_akanishi » Oct 19th, '07, 11:32

I love jin

Mrs-Nishikado

Post by Mrs-Nishikado » Oct 19th, '07, 12:12

wat?
kame
kyaa
cant wait to see itn wen r da subbed episode coming out??

mrs_akanishi

Post by mrs_akanishi » Oct 19th, '07, 12:23

i hope kame will appear soon!

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Oct 20th, '07, 00:12

It was a FALSE ALARM Kame is no longer listed as guest in Japanese Wiki. In fact i prefer Kame not appearing there too many Je guys in just one drama.....(with Chinen there will be 4 in ep 2)

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Oct 20th, '07, 00:16

that would be the ikemen drama every JE fan is waiting for XD lol

dirujjj

Post by dirujjj » Oct 20th, '07, 03:24

The english subtitles for ep1 are out already...Love song was so fast <3

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 20th, '07, 10:26

Geez...
This series is so cheesy, it's even worse than HYD2. I had to give up after 30 minutes :roll
Acting was absolutely horrible, dumb story, cheap dreamy looking set...

How can people actually like this? You crazy fangirls! :glare: :blink
I bet Ep2 will be lower than 12%...

I have to admit though... Akanishi looked pretty damn good. Starting to look like KimuTaku. I need to copy his hair style :whistling:

vis

Post by vis » Oct 20th, '07, 11:46

8thSin wrote:Geez...
This series is so cheesy, it's even worse than HYD2. I had to give up after 30 minutes :roll

I have to admit though... Akanishi looked pretty damn good. Starting to look like KimuTaku. I need to copy his hair style :whistling:
Yeah I have to agree with you on all points there ^^;;; I'd rather see Akanishi in a more interesting drama than this one (and in a blacker hairstyle). I burst out laughing at the obnoxious notion that Bido Granmarie is supposed to be half-swedish or something in the drama~ He looks so fake that it's ridiculous~~

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 20th, '07, 12:13

LoL I watched the eps w/o sub first & yet I found so many cliches (I think I mentioned about those scenes before already..). I thought it may becuz there wasn't sub, but now I'm watching it with sub, those same cliches.. argh.
I'm really fed up with beautiful, rich, popular characters having cars drivings to school :blink , HYD, HYD2, Yamada Taro, or even Hana Kimi but thanks gawd there was no car & only fangirls in 1 eps, fiou..... now Yuukan club, what's next ?!! lol
I thought this drama will be different becuz it tends to be detective genre which I rejoice cuz I'm fan... but I was quite disappointed, the case was blahh, the way they solve the case was... mere simple joke :cussing: . I think even normal kids could do it, not necessary to be rich & beautiful :P

So bad that I expect Jin's come back drama was sthing different.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Oct 20th, '07, 12:42

Objectively i don't think Yukan Club is that horrible on it's own. It's just that same people who showered praises on the likes on HYD 1 & 2, Hanakimi, Yamataro are getting tired of the "lives abt rich and idle kids in high school series" type of plot.

Had Yukan been aired before HYD, the same people who are critising it for being cliche will be proclaiming it as the greatest drama of all time!

Personally i hated everything starting from HYD and all, their various respective mangas totally deserved better adaptation and better actors lol... but after 2 yrs of hating all these big hits, i kinna figured it's not the dramas... it's just me, i'm simply not the target audience for these dramas.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Oct 20th, '07, 13:04

Never forget the manga upon it is based is just like that cliches, randomness and crazy things;). That is a drama that has been pushed forward(it was scheduled for next year it seems) because another one was forced to be cancelled and the scripwriter is changing a lot like who is the main character there and is building in the air.

Bidou is half swiss not swedish

And we like to see Jin there because he had done nothing for 2.5years so whatever comes it'd be good.

Of course if you are not the kind of person that likes crazy comedy, just for the fun of it i can understand you don't like it (shrug)

mrs_akanishi

Post by mrs_akanishi » Oct 20th, '07, 13:55

hey! let's just wait and see for the next episodes to come out. do not be so judgmental. on jin's part, i think he is just adjusting for now coz he hasn't been acting since gokusen 2 and anego came out. give him more time.

regarding jdoramas' plot- i think they are straight to the point- not beating around the bush. that is why you can say that it's horrible and is not following the manga.

just watch and maybe you'll change your mind.

jazzmine101

Post by jazzmine101 » Oct 20th, '07, 14:01

hey! let's just wait and see for the next episodes to come out. do not be so judgmental. on jin's part, i think he is just adjusting for now coz he hasn't been acting since gokusen 2 and anego came out. give him more time.

regarding jdoramas' plot- i think they are straight to the point- not beating around the bush. that is why you can say that it's horrible and is not following the manga.

I SOOO AGREE ON THIS... it has a light comedy genre not some serious detective series and I think Junno ( biases aside) acted his role as Bido perfectly ( he was vain and as narcissistic as he could be)...Overall i think this is good enough to entertain me...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 20th, '07, 14:22

jazzmine101 wrote:

I SOOO AGREE ON THIS... it has a light comedy genre not some serious detective series and I think Junno ( biases aside) acted his role as Bido perfectly ( he was vain and as narcissistic as he could be)...Overall i think this is good enough to entertain me...
I'm sorry ,perhaps like someone said before, it's just me. I'm a hard fan of detective/criminal series but those 'serious' ones.. not sthing as cheesy :glare: They didn't even take much time investigate the case, it was like so clear from the beginning who is the 'bad' guy, what he does, how to beat him & how we got a 'perfect' ending.. tskk no unexpectation, nor palpitation/excitment...
well I know 'Yuukan' is not that type, I guess those 'mixed' series are not my style.

Either it's completely out of board, wacky & crazy humor (like Hana Kimi), either dark, mysterious story + murder in serie (as Unfair), those are for me, akaka

mrs_akanishi

Post by mrs_akanishi » Oct 20th, '07, 14:28

different people have different taste ne? so let's just respect each other's opinion and let's not be judgmental on the drama- coz it's just starting... :)

jazzmine101

Post by jazzmine101 » Oct 20th, '07, 14:31

yeah... i respect your opinions about it too... im just voicing out my own opinion ;) anyway we'll see how well this goes... :-)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 20th, '07, 14:35

kokitty wrote: Had Yukan been aired before HYD, the same people who are critising it for being cliche will be proclaiming it as the greatest drama of all time!
That is the thing !
If they know it'd be criticized, they should have thought about sthing new, not to repeat those scenes once announced cliches by fans !!
Personally I wasn't fond of HYD either, but I guess people nowadayz really need some cliche drama with cheesy romance like this sometimes...
But again seriously, I prefer those old romance comedy dorama such as 'Long Vacation' which is alwayz 1 of my most fav dramas.. & said, it's a drama aged more 10yrs, w/o rich young popular character, neither tons of fangirl or fanboys, ... The storyline imo itself is much more original & 'realistic' , not to mention the fantastic acting of both actors.. :wub:

Sorry, totally off topic post ^^;

mrs_akanishi

Post by mrs_akanishi » Oct 20th, '07, 14:38

dramas like that are for entertaining you know... so let's respect that. :roll it's based on the manga too so it is not that realistic as you want it to be. :D

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Oct 20th, '07, 15:41

vis wrote:

Yeah I have to agree with you on all points there ^^;;; I'd rather see Akanishi in a more interesting drama than this one (and in a blacker hairstyle). I burst out laughing at the obnoxious notion that Bido Granmarie is supposed to be half-swedish or something in the drama~ He looks so fake that it's ridiculous~~
crazy fan girl?? :w00t: yes i'm becoming that :P

i'd prefer Jin with a darker hair colour (especially black haired) too :D

i'll watch this drama just because of Jin, it's obvious but i think i'll really like it :D

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 20th, '07, 21:34

I've been a fan of Yukan for awhile , well years. ( huggles artbooks ) , but I'm kinda miffed there are no english softsubs. I really dislike hardsubs , but what can you do.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Oct 20th, '07, 21:43

jazzmine101 wrote:

agree.. this isnt meant to be sriou/mysterious type of drama, the genre is comedy so there!
i dont know why ppl tend to criticize dramas from ep.1 only.. why dont you wait and watch some more?? i mean to me it was the same with hana kimi.. completely different and rushed, but hey! that didnt make me stop watching it, even though it wasnt what i expected, it entertained me, and that's what dramas are for.. :lol

mangifera

Post by mangifera » Oct 20th, '07, 21:51

LOL people. who doesn't like this dorama, stop bashing it up. get a life with your own genre. it's cliche, corny but people freaking likes it so no matter how stupid the cliche, no matter how corny the storyline, people will eventually keep watching it.

just keep your mouth shut, ok? i'm no fan of MatsuJun, seriously he's annoyed me but i rather keep myself shut and respect others who love him. should you don't like this dorama, just delete it from your harddrive and download other dorama. if you really need to complaint about it, you could just say "this dorama really not my type. It's typical high school dorama.". wouldn't that polite a bit?

i dunno, all of you are adults. thinking it off on your own.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Oct 20th, '07, 21:59

SP1CA wrote:
vis wrote:

i'll watch this drama just because of Jin, it's obvious but i think i'll really like it :D
\

i like jin jin's hair color now! it suits him.. he looks really hot XD
im watching this because of jin junno and yoko! i think junno is doing a great job! and yoko is waaaay too different in real life, the ratings for ep. werent that bad! 15.9! better than some other dramas' first ep. :roll

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Oct 20th, '07, 22:12

mangifera wrote:LOL people. who doesn't like this dorama, stop bashing it up. get a life with your own genre. it's cliche, corny but people freaking likes it so no matter how stupid the cliche, no matter how corny the storyline, people will eventually keep watching it.

just keep your mouth shut, ok? i'm no fan of MatsuJun, seriously he's annoyed me but i rather keep myself shut and respect others who love him. should you don't like this dorama, just delete it from your harddrive and download other dorama. if you really need to complaint about it, you could just say "this dorama really not my type. It's typical high school dorama.". wouldn't that polite a bit?

you know, drama discussion doesn't mean pointing out and talking about all the positive points...
this is actually exactly where everybody should be able to say: "loved it", "hated it" and why...
so don't take other people's negative opinions about something you like personal, ok? :wink:

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Oct 20th, '07, 22:22

I gave it about 10 mins. Junno's not bad of an actor.. but the fluffy high school dramas don't appeal to me (it was hard getting through Hana Kimi), but since it's jin, i thought i'll give it a shot (but i don't really like his acting).
There's not much depth in terms of a storyline (perhaps i should finish watching an episode before judging). To me, it's going to the backburner... i'll probably watch it in the winter break.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 20th, '07, 22:28

While I do love detective and highschool comedies, I agree that this mystery was lacking. The first two seasons of Kindaichi are some of my all-time favorite series, so it's not like I can't enjoy comedy or cliches. I also like Hana Kimi, HYD, Tantei Gakuen Q etc... but I'm really on the fence about Yukan Club. I really want more of a mystery plot than what this episode gave me, and I'm hoping that the stories will improve in that respect. The comedy had some funny parts, and I'm planning to give it several episodes to get a better feel for the series before I decide.

I agree with ironicwave. We are here to talk about the good and the bad of these dramas. That's the whole point of discussion.
Last edited by ryoko11 on Oct 21st, '07, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Oct 20th, '07, 22:48

kozumifan wrote:
SP1CA wrote:
vis wrote:

\

i like jin jin's hair color now! it suits him.. he looks really hot XD
im watching this because of jin junno and yoko! i think junno is doing a great job! and yoko is waaaay too different in real life, the ratings for ep. werent that bad! 15.9! better than some other dramas' first ep. :roll
i like his hair like these better:

By sp1ca

By sp1ca

By sp1ca

By sp1ca

By sp1ca

but with every style he's really nice :D :wub: :wub: :wub:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 20th, '07, 22:52

mangifera wrote:LOL people. who doesn't like this dorama, stop bashing it up. get a life with your own genre. it's cliche, corny but people freaking likes it so no matter how stupid the cliche, no matter how corny the storyline, people will eventually keep watching it.

You should really regard ur language.. This is a dorama discussion forum, not a place dedicated to fangirls ! Everyone has right to speak up what they think about a drama. If they do not like, they have all right to say it !! The same for those who like it !! Nobody is censured to say anything, & so far what the others & I said only based on our opinions. We didn't have purpose to change anyone's interest or whatever :blink
About refuting completely the drama or giving it more chance, again it's everyone's right, not yours. You shouldn't tell people what to do. Being a fangirl or a fan of the dorama doesn't give you any privilege in a discussion forum.
And about the way how we express. Come on, everyons is different, you can't expect everyone being polite or sociable or whatever, this is the net , & even in real life !! You have to accept to hear the negative comments other people say, as they respect yours. Just with it, a discussion can develop. I dun't see any interest being in a discussion with only crazy fangirls :crazy:

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Oct 20th, '07, 22:59

no need to start a war here, let's just keep things civil, thanks... :-)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 20th, '07, 23:03

ironicwave wrote:no need to start a war here, let's just keep things civil, thanks... :-)
yup :salut: 8)

klon22

Post by klon22 » Oct 21st, '07, 00:52

Give time to this drama, may be in next chapter will get better, or may be not.. lol

;)

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Oct 21st, '07, 11:47

I'm in agreement over a lot of people here. I wasn't exactly thrilled with the first episode, but I'll give it a bit of a chance. My main urg over it was the lack of depth in the characters. They were caricatures, which is fine but I'm looking for a drama where characters have depth. A quirky trait like "eating food" etc is not depth. To me, Jin's character was actually the only one with a bit of depth in him.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Oct 21st, '07, 12:00

i still havent seen the first episode my download is going nowhere

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Oct 21st, '07, 15:29

i would've liked to see jin in a more serious role after the break...
i adored his funny/awkward/romantic chemistry with shinohara ryoko in anego and either something along those lines or an even more serious character would've been welcome...
that being said, and not having read the yukan club manga, i still think ep 1 was entertaining...
not impressive, but entertaining in a stupidly funny way...
i'll probably watch this until that effect wears off or all the way through if they surprise me... :sweat:
judging only from ep 1, this isn't a keeper for me though...

TomaT

Post by TomaT » Oct 21st, '07, 15:58

some of my opinions :
1. I read the manga and I kinda dissapointed because Jin didn't cut his hair, I mean I can understand if he doesn't want to dyed his hair into pink but he wont even cut his hair??!! Only the girls stick with the real hair style
2. I'm scare to watch it because of Junno, why they're making the whole france wannabe? and sadly his character should be the crack one and amusing, and he can't act. I'm not the only one who saying this.
3. The plot is clitche, but so do the manga and I love the manga because of that. and actually it's giving them the advance to making season 2, SP, or even movie of this dorama because there isn't main plot at all.
4. I heard Jin just becoming himself? I'm really dissapointed. Miroku isn't like host (no offence) and his image really different from Jin.
5. and I heard t hey're making miroku as the leader? as much as I know Yukan club has NO LEADER. and the one who get many roles just Yoko's character and Yuri.
6. yuri isn't forgeiner, and this yuri looks like forgeiner
7. Suzuki Emi is great, actually the females casts are ok with me.
8. why all JE boys as the main characters? (why Junno??? why they don't use real half-japanese??? his hair so fake!)

however, I want to watch this dorama because maybe though there are a lot of changes it'll be good, I mean even Hanakimi got bad review at first.
but I really scare that Junno will dissapoint me >.<

BxLibra

Post by BxLibra » Oct 21st, '07, 18:22

is it just me or...
was the dog "Sherri" (i think that was the dogs name) a boy dog and not a girl dog
anyway i kinda liked the first episode this seems like a "cutesy" type drama like yamada tarou, and hanakimi etc

dirujjj

Post by dirujjj » Oct 21st, '07, 18:26

I just finished watching it and I thought it was okay. I wish I liked it more but it was kind of lame...I'm going to keep watching though as the first episode to a lot of dramas for me is usually boring...the next episode looked interesting enough anyway (imo). ~~

So far the best thing about it for me is the new kat-tun song...I can't wait until the full thing is released :thumright:

Di@na

Post by Di@na » Oct 21st, '07, 21:38

The first episode was very impressive. I love the settings,.. the places suits perfectly to this jdorama. The story is interesting (even if I did not like the manga THAT much)..
ACTORS: I was actually very surprised how good Taguchi Junnosuke and Yokoyama Yu suits to their roles because I normaly saw them as weak actors. Normally Taguchi was never for me the "handsome guy" but in this dorama he shows a totally different side and looks not THAT bad with blonde hair. Yokoyama Yu is always the genki and funny guy but here he has to play totally opposite character and he plays this kind of mysterious+serious role really good.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: Akanishi Jin (KAT-TUN). He is sexy..he is good-looking and now he finally shows that he can act too..lol.. I am fan of him and Kame since 2003and for me Kame was always the better actor..but Jin really improved a lot ^^ I love his cute+stunning expressions during the first episode of Yukan Club <3
The girls cast is good..I think they did a good job.
Well I hope the next episodes will be as good as the first one *__*

NakedAngel

Post by NakedAngel » Oct 22nd, '07, 00:08

Woot a fun show to watch haha, except some of the acting are kind of dull. But the intro was fun XD.... Kind of hoped for it to be more like Host Club, definitely hoping to see a Host Club drama in the future.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Oct 22nd, '07, 00:17

is episode 1 streaming online anwhere?

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 22nd, '07, 00:31

Yorokobi wrote:is episode 1 streaming online anwhere?

http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/2007/09/ ... -club.html

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Oct 22nd, '07, 00:41

thanks!

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Oct 22nd, '07, 00:48

I thought the intro for the 1st episode was pretty entertaining. I'm going to watch at least 2 or more episodes to see if this drama is worth watching in my list. Just seems like another highschool drama. :unsure:

minimin

Post by minimin » Oct 22nd, '07, 03:35

Hm... what can I say about this drama?

Well, it was fun watching Jin and the rest of the pretty cast, but well... it wasnt completely awesome or anything. It was a good watch to play off some time. I'm not expecting anything with much depth from most comedy type when I watch JDorama since they're almost all over-the-top type and a bit exaggerating. But what I like about them are that they're straight to the point and that's why it's good for a light watch or when you dont feel like watching too much of those drama with confusing plots and complex developments. =.=''

The acting was not really great. And Junno's hair makes him look so fake. Why did he had to make it so yellow? The other cast acting was plain except I really love Kashii Yu. She's prolly the best actor out of the bunch. And she's so pretty. <3
Jin... all I can say is that if I didnt love him, I'd be cursing his arse out by now. He moves so much like himself... lazy. He's like Jin, not Miroku. But hey, I'm not expecting a KimuTaku or Nino from Jin. Maybe he'll improve over the next episodes. XD

Oh wells, I still did enjoy it just like how I enjoyed Yamada Tarou, Liar Game and Hana Kimi. I mean they're all good; just a light drama for enjoyment when you dont have much to do and want a good laugh. At least it's not the worst drama I've seen to date. =.=''

BTW did the pushing up of the drama's air date really affect the overall acting and plot of this drama? I knew this drama was suppose to air in 2008, but somehow it was pushed to air earlier to fill in another drama which was suppose to air for the winter instead. Somehow, it'd make me feel better if that's the case. They look so tired... all of them. Seriously...

ifacchi

Post by ifacchi » Oct 22nd, '07, 10:17

i watched it yesterday. well, it was okay. It's light but i didnt find it so funny. I think MInami doesnt fit the character so well. Hehe.
but i think i won't watch the next episode.. :D

kiwi_chic

Post by kiwi_chic » Oct 22nd, '07, 10:47

i was wondering how long does it usually take new series like this to get subbed (english)? I'm not trying to rush subbers at all i can imagine its really hard nd takes a while, im just curious....

Grc733

Post by Grc733 » Oct 23rd, '07, 02:53

Ok maybe this is totally off topic but was I the only one who noticed Sherri was a dude? I was like wow girls don't have that.... (you know what I mean)

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 23rd, '07, 03:02

Maybe that's the tail???

Or is it just REALLY hairy? :whistling:

Grc733

Post by Grc733 » Oct 23rd, '07, 03:36

Naaa if you see the vid at that time its like it moves and its not a tail lol I thought it was soooo funny I was like ahhhh sherri is so cute (being a dog owner myself) i was like WHAT?!?!?! a dude we've been deceived... lmao but Sherri is still cute either way, I still can't get over otokoyama wow I love his lil ears awww and seeing Jin doesn't hurt either ne?

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Oct 23rd, '07, 04:04

Oh well, we can always keep an open mind if that helps. Maybe Otokoyame is gay LOL! Afterall, since Dumbledore’s just been outted by JK Rowling, maybe the producers of Yukan Club are trying to out Otokoyama too :)

Grc733

Post by Grc733 » Oct 23rd, '07, 04:38

lol OMG thats so funny yeah i still think sherri as a girl soo no worries i was just wondering if anyone noticed