Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
vinylgrrl

Post by vinylgrrl » Jul 22nd, '07, 06:32

Hi all...sorry to just jump in...I hadn't seen this thread when I made my previous post regarding the "Koi Hana~Hana no Koi Monogatari" SP drama that aired in Feb 2007 on Terebi Asahi. The drama website is here:

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/koibana/top.html

Does anyone know if this drama SP was uploaded anywhere? It doesn't appear to be torrented here, but I thought someone might have seen it elsewhere in their search for dramas. I'd really like to get my hands on it if at all possible. Many many thanks in advance!

applebear

Post by applebear » Jul 22nd, '07, 07:07

lzydata wrote:
It's from a 2007 movie called Ryu no Gotoku, directed by Miike Takashi and starring Kitamura Kazuki (rightmost) and Kishitani Goro (leftmost).

http://www.ryu-movie.com/
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 309a2.html
Thank you so much!

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

What's the naname of the drama: 青と&

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 30th, '07, 10:04

I need help wth the title of a Jdorama.
I think the original Japanese title is 青と白で水色
Anyone know what the English title or name of it in Romaji.
Thank you.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 30th, '07, 12:49

Ao to Shiro de Mizuiro

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 30th, '07, 13:20

raven_frost wrote:Ao to Shiro de Mizuiro
Thank you. :D

Darth Helmet

Searchin Jdrama

Post by Darth Helmet » Aug 13th, '07, 01:40

Anybody know what this jdrama is called...
It's about a deaf nurse and i think amnesia doctor.
the music openin is this girl in the snow or sumthin,she is followin a star
it's pretty vague cause i watch alittle of it long ago in vietnam
over there the viet title was NGÔI SAO MAY MẮN translated:my lucky star
but if sumbody knows it please reply and let me know if they have english subtitles for it

groink

Post by groink » Aug 13th, '07, 01:46

Could it be Hoshi no Kinka?

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hoshi_no_Kinka

--- groink

Darth Helmet

Post by Darth Helmet » Aug 13th, '07, 02:22

yes..thanks

celestialraven0

Post by celestialraven0 » Aug 14th, '07, 18:04

Hey I am looking for a drama as well...I saw it last night. Its about two piano players, one plays by ear and one is a piano genius....anyone have any idea what I am referring to?

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Aug 14th, '07, 19:24

celestialraven0 wrote:Hey I am looking for a drama as well...I saw it last night. Its about two piano players, one plays by ear and one is a piano genius....anyone have any idea what I am referring to?
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nodame_Cantabile ???

celestialraven0

Post by celestialraven0 » Aug 14th, '07, 21:47

yes thank you so much! I saw the torrent for it posted last night and it looked great and thought i'd look into it in the morning and realize I couldn't find it or the title anywhere!

1tymchick

wat is the name of this jdrama?

Post by 1tymchick » Aug 18th, '07, 10:15

:scratch: :scratch: im trying to figure out the title of this jdrama that was aired a few years ago about this man (his kind of like an older man) who runs this unagi shop. its a family-theme type of drama. details dont really come to mind to elaborate but the only thing i remember from this drama is this guy who runs a unagi grilling shop or sometihng.
HELPpppP~! if any of u guys know this drama, pls let me know!!!!!! :-) :-)

Kazuya_

Post by Kazuya_ » Aug 18th, '07, 11:23

aznbabyblue11

Yama Onna Kabe Onne

Post by aznbabyblue11 » Aug 20th, '07, 03:37

Hi, Does anyone know where I can watch Yama Onna Kabe Onne with english subs? Thanks a lot!

groink

Re: Yama Onna Kabe Onne

Post by groink » Aug 20th, '07, 03:46

aznbabyblue11 wrote:Hi, Does anyone know where I can watch Yama Onna Kabe Onne with english subs? Thanks a lot!
Seeing that un-related post was created, might as well jump on the bandwagon... Does anyone know where I can buy an inexpensive air compressor? If not, how about a safe place to dump motor oil?

Thanks!

--- groink

fritzthe6th

Post by fritzthe6th » Aug 21st, '07, 08:07

Hello i had just finished watching Proposal Daisakusen like 2 weeks ago. But i was wondering what those japanese characters mean during the very last scene of the final episode because i didn't have any english subs for it. Can somebody translate it for me? Please... I was really curious. thanks.

ashitakka

one question about a dorama

Post by ashitakka » Sep 28th, '07, 18:23

I cant remember the name of a dorama:
its about one boy and many girls....its like "love hina" but i realy cant remember the name xDDD and i want to see it :P

please, anyone know right?! thanks :P

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Sep 28th, '07, 18:26

ashitakka

Post by ashitakka » Sep 28th, '07, 18:38

nou, not that but WOU!! a movie of negi-kun?! XDDD soo funny !!

i mean a dorama with subs and all of this stuffs...is not a new one ...

AriBauer

Post by AriBauer » Sep 28th, '07, 18:44

ashitakka

Post by ashitakka » Sep 28th, '07, 22:52

yeah that one!! glory days :P

thanks dude!

nelsonmanolo1

Need help, I forgot the title of this Jdrama.

Post by nelsonmanolo1 » Sep 30th, '07, 01:56

It's about a boy who's not manly, somewhat feminine, and a girl who's unrefined and rather rough, like a dude. The boy has got a crush on the girl but since the girl is so rowdy, he never got a chance to tell her [always ended up getting beat up]. One day, she's absent from school, the boy volunteered to go to her house to hand her a piece of homework. While there, he got mixed up in her grandpa's experiment which resulted in sort of a mind swap. Now, we have the guy inside of the girl and the girl inside of that boy.He became a pretty girl who's gentle and coy while she became a guy who's tough and straightforward. <-- I forgot the title of this drama. It's definitely Japanese though. Thanks for your help.

nelsonmanolo1

Post by nelsonmanolo1 » Sep 30th, '07, 02:27

Come on, someone should've seen it somewhere before.

flaming turkey

Post by flaming turkey » Sep 30th, '07, 02:45

Firstly, you can't really give people one hour to respond--it'll come off as needy and impatient.

Secondly, it should be a movie, not a drama.
The title is "Boku to Kanojo no XXX ", based on Ai Morinaga's manga of the same title.

Hope that's what you were looking for! :-)

nelsonmanolo1

Post by nelsonmanolo1 » Sep 30th, '07, 03:06

flaming turkey wrote:Firstly, you can't really give people one hour to respond--it'll come off as needy and impatient

Sorry, I was a little impatient(was checking back every few minutes).

And yes, I was looking for that. You're magic, man. Thanks. Gonna go look for torrents for this.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

JDrama question? Ask here

Post by mizune » Sep 30th, '07, 18:00

It looks like there have been a lot of somewhat random questions being posted lately, ranging from "does anybody know where to find ____ " to "is a drama based on _____ manga going to be made". Rather than making a lot of little threads for one-off questions about Jdramas, I thought it might be simpler to just compile them all, plus more, here.

I'm going to start moving any inquiries for help naming shows to this thread as well.

Just because there are always new ppl joining the board who aren't reading the FAQ, as long as nobody is specifically trying to beg/demand subs for a series, even questions like "are subs for ____ available?" and "where can I find subs for ____?" are fair game without being attacked. :fear: But as always, it's advisable to read the FAQ and do a search though this site and the available resources (e.g. Drama Wiki, Fansub Wiki, Subtitles Index) before asking.

And please don't ask for recommendations. There's already a good thread here for that.

I hope ppl will find this useful and we can reduce some clutter in the future....

Thanks
:)

congee

Post by congee » Oct 2nd, '07, 04:23

I guess I'll be the first to post here then..
I've read the FAQs and done the searches.. and I've googled plenty.
Anyway, I was wondering where I could get subs for the JDramas in other languages (specifically, chinese). For example, I'm looking for HYD with chinese subs because I watched it with English subs, and my mother likes watching dramas too, so I'd like her to give it a try. I see that we have chinese subs for HYD season 2 here, but none for season 1, and it's driving me pretty crazy. There's been a lot of great jdramas that I've watched, but I haven't found any chinese subs for any of them, so I haven't been able to share them with my mother.

Anyway, if this doesn't belong here, then I don't know where since it's about the jdramas, but the language I'm looking for is chinese subs.

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Oct 2nd, '07, 04:46

Hm...have you tried looking on Chinese torrent sites? I know that there are some people who hardsub J-dramas, etc. in Chinese, so maybe there are some softsub releases too?

congee

Post by congee » Oct 2nd, '07, 04:59

I tried on bt china but I can't read chinese and I wasn't sure if I should be entering the title in chinese (and if so, I don't know what the chinese title would be)

persiandragon

Post by persiandragon » Oct 4th, '07, 17:42

i watched kuitan and i am currently watching tantei academy q, trick and sexy voice+ robo.

i was wondering what other detective dramas there are that i should maybe watch.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Oct 4th, '07, 20:44

persiandragon wrote:i watched kuitan and i am currently watching tantei academy q, trick and sexy voice+ robo.

i was wondering what other detective dramas there are that i should maybe watch.
there's a mystery/detective type that's very good. It's old though "Ice World" was very good. I think better than the current ones. I was a bit bored watching tantei detective Q. Sleeping forest was kinda interesting too with takuya.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Oct 4th, '07, 20:47

persiandragon wrote:i watched kuitan and i am currently watching tantei academy q, trick and sexy voice+ robo.

see Keizoku..one of the best detective dramas.. :thumleft:

Shinda-chan

Doubutsu119 (Animal 911)

Post by Shinda-chan » Oct 5th, '07, 14:33

Anyone know where I can download Doubutsu119? It rocks!!! I need to know where to dl it!!
Thank You!!
Luv Yah!!

Bye-Cycle!!
Bye-Bye-Cycle!!!

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Oct 18th, '07, 23:12

where can i find a list of dramas which are already picked by fansubbers to do subbing process?

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 18th, '07, 23:25

haruna_hamasaki wrote:where can i find a list of dramas which are already picked by fansubbers to do subbing process?

Fansub map

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 18th, '07, 23:52

congee wrote:For example, I'm looking for HYD with chinese subs because I watched it with English subs, and my mother likes watching dramas too, so I'd like her to give it a try. I see that we have chinese subs for HYD season 2 here, but none for season 1, and it's driving me pretty crazy. There's been a lot of great jdramas that I've watched, but I haven't found any chinese subs for any of them, so I haven't been able to share them with my mother.
Oh yeah, I didn't remember ever seeing Chinese subs for HanaDan season 1. I searched again just now on all my Chinese sub clubboxes, btchina, and a few other places that normally are good for rare and hard to find stuff and only found season 2. I can only conclude that subs don't exist for season 1. I find that odd though.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.... though I think I did a pretty thorough search.

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Oct 19th, '07, 01:25

Puppet Princess wrote:Fansub map
thank you very much. :-)

illinfinite

Please help me identify this JDrama!

Post by illinfinite » Nov 10th, '07, 08:17

around '95 - '97, I remember catching a jdrama in the middle of the series. It was aired on this local channel that shows jdramas every sunday night. It was my first jdrama and was hoping somebody could identify this series so I could start it from the beginning.

Basically, it stars a pudgy middle aged business man who i think was bored with life. Just living day by day. Then he meets this younger girl (taller than him, slender, and long hair), who I think was in her latter years of high school. He adores her, not so must lust, but because she brightens his day and he feels connected to her somehow. She is sick all the time, and a lot of the times the guy is left wondering where she has gone to.

**spoilers***

If i remember the ending correctly, she was suffering from anemia. She dies in the end, and somewhere towards the end they reveal that he was once in love with her mother.

**endspoiler**

KTH

Post by KTH » Nov 10th, '07, 08:35

I believe the drama you're asking about is called "Itsumo kokoro ni taiyo o". It starred Nishida Toshiyuki and Mizuki Arisa better known for her role as Asakura Izumi in the Nurse no Oshigoto series.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Itsumo_Kokoro_ni_Taiyo_o

http://jdorama.com/drama.161.htm

illinfinite

Post by illinfinite » Nov 10th, '07, 09:29

oh wow, thats the one!

Thanks much =)

dhepeny

Post by dhepeny » Nov 21st, '07, 08:28

hai everyone this is first time i post in this forum can u all help me i just looking for abt j dorama LIFE where that i can get direct link thanks :D :-)

sarujin

Please help me find this JDrama

Post by sarujin » Nov 21st, '07, 20:53

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has seen the 1995 version of Hana Yori Dango...it was a tv special starring Fujiki Naohito, Uchida Yuki, and Tanihara Shosuke.

If you have seen it do you know where I might find it? I really want to watch it!

Thanx

P.S. I apologize if this is an improper use of this forum...feel free to lock or remove this thread if necessary...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 21st, '07, 20:57

not sure if you can access clubbox. But it's in one of the boxes. I'll have to check on the exact name.

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/ysy2021/lnmx3_nnmx3

sarujin

Post by sarujin » Nov 25th, '07, 17:07

cool!

thanks for the link. Unfortunately I'm on a mac so I can't really use clubbox... :-(

has anyone seen any other places I might download it? Otherwise I may just have to make a friend that will download from clubbox for me... :P

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 2nd, '07, 18:09

Just a reminder guys:
Upload requests should go in the Seeding and Upload Request Forum.
Moving the requests to the proper forum...

sarujin

Post by sarujin » Dec 2nd, '07, 23:14

Sorry...didn't really think of this as an upload request...

:P

prismatic_star

What is the title of this drama?

Post by prismatic_star » Dec 8th, '07, 23:47

I just came across this while I was surfing the net. The actress is very cute! Does anyone know what's the name of this drama and the actress's name?

The video is hosted here at Divx Stage6

Thanks for your help!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 9th, '07, 00:04

actress: ishihara satomi
drama: koe ga furueru onna (it's a drama special, as opposed to a full-length series)

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Dec 15th, '07, 08:01

Hii everyone..

I wanted to ask about the drama Perfect Love
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Perfect_Love_%28Fuji_TV%29
I did search in d-addicts tracker but didn't find it..is it available some where?

thanks in advance ^-^

5h17

Kizudarake no Love Song & Shiritsu Tantei Hama Mike

Post by 5h17 » Dec 15th, '07, 08:05

Does anyone know if any fansub group did "Kizudarake no Love Song," "Shiritsu Tantei Hama Mike," or "Namahousou wa Tomaranai?" Nakashima Mika stars in these Jdramas XD.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 16th, '07, 16:06

Love Angel wrote:Hii everyone..
I wanted to ask about the drama Perfect Love
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Perfect_Love_%28Fuji_TV%29
I did search in d-addicts tracker but didn't find it..is it available some where?
thanks in advance ^-^
Subbed in english, not that i know of... You might be able to find it on a chinese tracker (see Links of Interest), but since the series is older and mediocre, it might be a tough find.
5h17 wrote: Does anyone know if any fansub group did "Kizudarake no Love Song," "Shiritsu Tantei Hama Mike," or "Namahousou wa Tomaranai?" Nakashima Mika stars in these Jdramas
Pretty sure that nobody has fansubbed them. Why? Because they are older series and the raws haven't popped up anyplace I know of (yet?)....

balkisse

Post by balkisse » Dec 17th, '07, 18:47

Hi

I look for the film Boku wa Imôto nor Koi o Suru With Matsumoto Jun it is available on the site vosta?

Thank you :-)

knuts

Post by knuts » Dec 30th, '07, 13:53

seirin wrote:not sure if you can access clubbox. But it's in one of the boxes. I'll have to check on the exact name.

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/ysy2021/lnmx3_nnmx3
whaaah..thank you for the link
that is a nice big cb with lots of SMAP and other J-stuff
Last edited by knuts on Dec 30th, '07, 19:17, edited 2 times in total.

magincia

Post by magincia » Dec 30th, '07, 13:59

balkisse wrote:Hi

I look for the film Boku wa Imôto nor Koi o Suru With Matsumoto Jun it is available on the site vosta?

Thank you :-)
I know that you can see it on crunchyroll with subs... other than that, I don't know =x

locksleyu

Trying to find name of old drama and city it is set in

Post by locksleyu » Dec 31st, '07, 17:38

I recently remembered a Japanese drama I saw several years ago that was set in a city on a mountain or hill, such that the whole city was on a (approximate) 45 degree slant, and you could see the ocean from anywhere in the city (it was very beautiful!). I think it might of been Hokkaido or Sapporo, but I am not sure. I know this is a really vague description but if anyone has any ideas please help!

Thanks.

runpup

Post by runpup » Dec 31st, '07, 17:58

Maybe Nagasaki...Itoshi Kimi e

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 31st, '07, 20:25

Definitely Nagasaki.

Darcia

[Discussion] I had a boyfriend

Post by Darcia » Jan 3rd, '08, 00:37

i saw a music video on youtube and i think the show was called "I had a boyfriend", i was wondering if anyone new anything more about it?

it's yaoi (guy/guy) so...you have been forewarned ^_^

link:

loksun

Post by loksun » Jan 10th, '08, 16:39

Hi guys,

Am relatively new to Japanese Dramas and have become a huge fan of Matsushima Nanako. Am currently trying to get my hands on everything she's ever done but some of her earlier stuff is near impossible to find.

Am wondering if anyone knows where I can get Sweet Season and Himawari or some of her more obscure stuff is fine too. I can read Chinese so Chinese subs are find too.

Thanks.

knuts

Post by knuts » Jan 10th, '08, 17:37

loksun wrote:Hi guys,

Am relatively new to Japanese Dramas and have become a huge fan of Matsushima Nanako. Am currently trying to get my hands on everything she's ever done but some of her earlier stuff is near impossible to find.

Am wondering if anyone knows where I can get Sweet Season and Himawari or some of her more obscure stuff is fine too. I can read Chinese so Chinese subs are find too.

Thanks.
It may be better to be more specific as to which drama you are looking for and make an upload or seed request in the upload/seed request thread. Good luck.

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jan 10th, '08, 17:48

btchina is the first place i look for obscure jdramas. strangely enough, the chinese subbers seem to love them, or at least will rip the chinese dvd sets. other than that, i'd recommend winny if you can understand that strange little program, or winmx...i find winmx much easier to use and can find many older shows there.

as for hana yori dango with naohito, its a movie, so technically a request for it wouldn't go anywhere on d-a ^_^ that being said, if the person who was looking for it is still looking for it, pm me, i'll send you some ddl links. mind you, its not subbed.

and as for the first season of hana yori dango, i believe its been subbed into chinese by subpig...there is a torrent for it on btchina...just do a search for 花より男子 and it will come up...its the one labeled 2005

loksun

Post by loksun » Jan 11th, '08, 17:14

Thank you guys. I'll try those suggestions out. Will try btchina first.

cheers

EvilYuli

Post by EvilYuli » Jan 16th, '08, 18:46

some time ago i crossed a jdrama from the 199X i think (not sure, but it was old) and somehow i forgot the name and i just remember that it was about a boy and a girl in hight school i think, that switch bodies and on the opening of the first episode there is a class photo in black and white
i really hope someone here knows this series, cuz its been a few months and i looked through all the drama names i have and still didn't find

Dryh2o

Post by Dryh2o » Jan 17th, '08, 23:02

anyone know of any lawyer/ courtroom/law themed dramas that they can recomend me? thanks in advance!

murdocknakashima

Post by murdocknakashima » Jan 18th, '08, 02:58

dryh20:

Hero would probably be your best bet. It has a lawyer type theme. It aired back in 2001 (i think). Stars Kimura Takuya and Matsu Takako. They also just made a movie last year.

Furuhata Ninzaboru (Tamura Masakazu stars) would be another good pick, but I don't think you'll find it here.

Dryh2o

Post by Dryh2o » Jan 18th, '08, 03:10

murdocknakashima, thanks for the reply! I look forward to watching it!

Dacktadon

Post by Dacktadon » Jan 18th, '08, 03:11

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if any fansub groups have subbed "Aru Ai no Uta" or ある愛の詩 (in English). Matsuda Shota played in it. It looks like a good romantic jdrama...I've searched the web for it but only found the raw version...If anyone knows anything, it'd be very helpful! Thanks!

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Jan 18th, '08, 03:13

Dryh2o wrote:anyone know of any lawyer/ courtroom/law themed dramas that they can recomend me? thanks in advance!
Hyouheki is another, though it hasn't been subbed. Not sure about Judge, which aired just last season... haven't had a change to watch it yet & again, no subs. Both are short NHK dramas, 5-6 eps long. Also, Watashitachi no kyoukyasho ends up in the courtroom. I'd think anything with "bengoshi" in the title would be a strong possibilty as well.

Dryh2o

Post by Dryh2o » Jan 18th, '08, 04:00

toyotaku, thanks for the suggestions, i will look into those as well.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jan 19th, '08, 12:05

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Jan 19th, '08, 13:57

I believe it's Tsunagaru Kokoro (ツナガルココロ) with Kitano Kie.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jan 19th, '08, 14:03

gryzze wrote:I believe it's Tsunagaru Kokoro (ツナガルココロ) with Kitano Kie.
Thanks for the answer.

deleonchristian

I have a question?

Post by deleonchristian » Jan 21st, '08, 05:38

I want to know if downloading any of the Japanese drama series here on d-addicts is legal or not?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jan 21st, '08, 05:54

technically, it is illegal.
see the following topic and related threads mentioned therein for more details:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_23850.htm

runpup

Post by runpup » Jan 22nd, '08, 17:40

EvilYuli wrote:some time ago i crossed a jdrama from the 199X i think (not sure, but it was old) and somehow i forgot the name and i just remember that it was about a boy and a girl in hight school i think, that switch bodies and on the opening of the first episode there is a class photo in black and white
i really hope someone here knows this series, cuz its been a few months and i looked through all the drama names i have and still didn't find
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Houkago