[Discussion] Utahime - Upcoming Nagase Drama!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Ore.Sama

[Discussion] Utahime - Upcoming Nagase Drama!

Post by Ore.Sama » Jul 22nd, '07, 09:57

Title: 歌姫
Title (Romaji): Utahime
Also known as: Song Princess
Genre: romance
Format: Renzoku
Broadcast network: TBS
Broadcast period: 2007-Oct to 2007-Dec
Air time: Friday 22:00
Cast:
Nagase Tomoya
Aibu Saki
Sato Ryuta
Ohkura Tadayoshi
Saito Yuki
Furuya Ikko
Fubuki Jun
Takada Junji

Synopsis: Set on the island of Shikoku in the late '50s, it tells the story of a man falling awkwardly in love with a young woman.

Links:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Utahime
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-1413

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
info from wiki
Last edited by Ore.Sama on Nov 8th, '07, 12:53, edited 2 times in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 22nd, '07, 10:49

no offense, but I really hope it's not Aibu Saki the co star, argh, for some reasons I can't bear her acting... -___- oh well.

Ore.Sama

Post by Ore.Sama » Jul 22nd, '07, 11:34

I know, I dnt really like her... she's fine but nagase deserves some1 waaaaaaay better!!!
but @least she's not as annoying as the co-star in yamada taro!!

kytoyu

Post by kytoyu » Jul 22nd, '07, 11:59

Aibu Saki O_o
nooooooo >.<

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Jul 22nd, '07, 13:19

Oh well, let's not get too "over-excited" about Aibu Saki. At this stage, she's just a RUMORED casting, nothing's really confirmed although chances are high that it's her given the track record of the 2ch "drama sage". Perhaps TBS are going through blogs of japanese fans as of now, on seeing the screams of digust with this rumored casting, they're panicking and in the process of recasting the actress LOL.

It's tentatively named as "Utahime" cos that's the name of the original play. There might be a chance that TBS changes the name.

Ore.Sama

Post by Ore.Sama » Jul 22nd, '07, 17:36

^ ya let's just wait n hope it's not her :pray:
i didn't notice the name is subject to change :doh: ... i thought they already announced it. Come to think abt it it's too early 4 that
Last edited by Ore.Sama on Jul 23rd, '07, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 22nd, '07, 17:56

The name is subject to changes because Nagase Tomoya's ex-girlfriend (Ayuki Hamasaki) has been nicknamed that way as well.
By the way, rumoured or not, I don't find any problem with Saki Aibu....

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 22nd, '07, 19:41

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with Saki Aibu... I like her.. >.<

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Jul 22nd, '07, 20:13

Tomoya Nagase in a new drama? YES ! i've been waiting for ever since My Boss my Hero

CAN"T WAIT!!!!

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Jul 22nd, '07, 20:35

:blink
Why do you dislike Aibu Saki so much? :blink

Ore.Sama

Post by Ore.Sama » Jul 23rd, '07, 04:17

i only watched her acting in gambatte ikimashou n attension plz... i dnt really dislike her but hope some1 better takes her place.

Luthiel

Post by Luthiel » Jul 23rd, '07, 12:10

Moondy wrote::blink
Why do you dislike Aibu Saki so much? :blink
I feel she's not really fit for serious roles. In Karei Naru Ichizoku she dragged the plot while it was not necessary, while in Attention Please! she was more than enjoyable. It's just the way I feel about her acting.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Jul 25th, '07, 13:33

Rikayla wrote:Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with Saki Aibu... I like her.. >.<
I think it's about liking or disliking Aibu Saki. It's probably the current perceived unsuitably of her image/previous roles done for the role or the fact that she hasn't quite proved herself to be that capable an actress yet to try things out of her current range.

If the drama follows the play faithfully, the role will be a waga-mama, beautiful probably a little manipulative. It's also crucial for the audience to be convinced just by looking at her, she's able to inspire love and blind devotion from someone who looks like Nagase. Think about it, would you cast Aibu Saki in the role of Ayase Haruka's in Byakuyakou? Or Aibu Saki instead of Misaki Ito in Densha Otoko?

Of course if Aibu Saki is indeed casted, there's a cast that she might prove her doubters wrong. Afterall, many doubted Aragaki Yui's suitability as a sweet innocent girl for the role of Umemura in MBMH going by her roles in Dragon Zakura and Gal Circle. Yui chan did turn out be a huge great in MBMH didnt she, she's probably the one who benefitted most from MBMH's success.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 31st, '07, 20:51

it has been confirmed, Aibu Saki is indeed the female lead. other cast members, Sato Ryuta, Ohkura Tadayoshi, Saito Yuki.
source: http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt20070 ... 80106.html

microsoftExcelExcel

Post by microsoftExcelExcel » Jul 31st, '07, 23:14

Ohkura!!!

I don't really have anything against Aibu Saki either. I like her so far in Regatta. But, I didn't find her portrayal of her character in Attenion Please!! charming at all.

But, I'm pretty sure they picked her for a reason. Hopefully, she'll do well. :D

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Aug 3rd, '07, 21:19

kokitty wrote:
Rikayla wrote:Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with Saki Aibu... I like her.. >.<
I think it's about liking or disliking Aibu Saki. It's probably the current perceived unsuitably of her image/previous roles done for the role or the fact that she hasn't quite proved herself to be that capable an actress yet to try things out of her current range.

If the drama follows the play faithfully, the role will be a waga-mama, beautiful probably a little manipulative. It's also crucial for the audience to be convinced just by looking at her, she's able to inspire love and blind devotion from someone who looks like Nagase. Think about it, would you cast Aibu Saki in the role of Ayase Haruka's in Byakuyakou? Or Aibu Saki instead of Misaki Ito in Densha Otoko?

Of course if Aibu Saki is indeed casted, there's a cast that she might prove her doubters wrong. Afterall, many doubted Aragaki Yui's suitability as a sweet innocent girl for the role of Umemura in MBMH going by her roles in Dragon Zakura and Gal Circle. Yui chan did turn out be a huge great in MBMH didnt she, she's probably the one who benefitted most from MBMH's success.
*lol* That's actually what I sort of mean... I like her more serious scenes whenever she had them.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Aug 10th, '07, 03:53

As all of Nagase's drama's .... looking forward to it.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Aug 11th, '07, 02:34

Oh I am looking forward to this!!! Nagase is such a natural at comedy!

I have been waiting anxiously for him to do something since MBMH!!!

Time to celebrate with some sake!!! :alcoholic:

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] Utahime

Post by siantut » Sep 7th, '07, 13:56

Since I am going to softsubs this Fall 2007 dorama, I might as well make a discussion thread for it, and also to see how many people would be interested in watching it :)
I will upload the softsubs both here and on my site.

Utahime (Diva/Song Princess)
Starring:
* Nagase Tomoya
* Aibu Saki
* Sato Ryuta
* Ohkura Tadayoshi
* Saito Yuki
* Furuya Ikko
* Fubuki Jun
* Takada Junji

Official site (still in development):
http://www.tbs.co.jp/uta-hime/

a2a

Post by a2a » Sep 7th, '07, 16:01

Count me in! I would watch anything that stars Nagase (especially a comedy) and Ohkura (since he is one of my biggest JE crushes). Plus I really enjoyed your subs of Nodame and Karei Naru Ichizoku. I'm sure you'll do a great job in Utahime as well! ^^

Dymed_AnGel

Post by Dymed_AnGel » Sep 7th, '07, 16:24

I will most definitely be keeping tabs on this drama. Thanks a lot for softsubbing this one~ Arigatou~ I can't wait~ ^_^

wapuro

Post by wapuro » Sep 8th, '07, 00:53

this dorama is in my watching list
tomoya rocks....

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Sep 8th, '07, 01:06

I am all ready to watch this when this comes out and I'm thanking you in advance for picking up this project.

I'm still not very sure what it's about but to see Tomoya and Tacchon acting together is exciting enough for me.

Tegoshi's popularity rose by a margin after "My Boss, My Hero" alongside Tomoya, so I'm hoping the same will happen with Tacchon. :)

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Sep 8th, '07, 07:03

siantut, i thought you quit subbing from a while ago :O ?

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Sep 8th, '07, 10:32

me me me definitely interested!!! Utahime is the one am waiting the most this coming season and I'm already so excited hihi I heard the promos for the dorama already aired and this makes me even more impatient haha
Tada is getting so popular recently ne! it's his another role in such a short time but now it's a full dorama :wub: I so can't wait to see him acting every week <3
much love to you for taking this project :heart:

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Sep 8th, '07, 16:46

戦争で記憶を失った男が居た
彼を愛する女が居た
二人の愛はうまくいくと
誰もが思っていた…

Just viewed the trailer. I'm very impressed with the mood of the trailer, it's been a while since i've seen a good drama preview trailer from TBS. Major credit to whoever who coined the above 4 lines, really summed up the essence of the drama.

Crosses fingers that the drama lives up to the trailer. The thought of Nagase and Ryuta in the same drama again brings back so many wonderful IWGP memories.

queequeg

Post by queequeg » Sep 8th, '07, 16:51

Count my vote too. This is one I was really looking forward to.

Thank you very much for thinking of subbing it.

aniger23

Post by aniger23 » Sep 8th, '07, 18:25

Where did you view the trailer?? I am very excited about this show too!! Mostly because of Tacchon but not just because of this! Haha! I need a new drama after the current ones end!

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Sep 8th, '07, 18:55

Kuso_Baba

Post by Kuso_Baba » Sep 9th, '07, 05:40

AAAAHHH!!! Nagase Tomoya in a naew drama?!?!?!?! And that cute drumer from Kanjani 8?!?!?! :w00t: :w00t:
Cant wait to watch it!! if the darma is a comedy Nagase will definetly make it a success!! And Okura will definetly attract more fans. :wub
Ganbare~ with the subbing! :-)

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Sep 9th, '07, 07:16

furransu wrote:siantut, i thought you quit subbing from a while ago :O ?
welcome me back, Furransu :whistling:

@everyone: thanks for the support. :-)

lightsoul

Post by lightsoul » Sep 10th, '07, 20:04

Kuso_Baba wrote:AAAAHHH!!! Nagase Tomoya in a naew drama?!?!?!?! And that cute drumer from Kanjani 8?!?!?! :w00t: :w00t:
Cant wait to watch it!! if the darma is a comedy Nagase will definetly make it a success!! And Okura will definetly attract more fans. :wub
I think its not a comedy...
And thank you siantut for subbing this.

LaLaLaDRAMA

yeah

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Sep 11th, '07, 00:30

lightsoul wrote:
Kuso_Baba wrote:AAAAHHH!!! Nagase Tomoya in a naew drama?!?!?!?! And that cute drumer from Kanjani 8?!?!?! :w00t: :w00t:
I think its not a comedy...
And thank you siantut for subbing this.
lightsoul..it is a comedy!~ it says so in drama wiki..so im pretty positive it is! anyways..cant wait!! hopefullly its good!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Sep 12th, '07, 11:21

screencaps yay!

*squee* Tada hasn't looked this cute since chibi days hahaha and lol at James Dean part XDDDDDD

I so can't wait for the dorama to start!!

indokid

Post by indokid » Sep 12th, '07, 11:25

can't wait to watch this :cheers:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Sep 12th, '07, 19:58

^ :idea: Tacchon's hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!! I can finally see his ears! ROFLMAO~ Ohkura ALWAYS has his long hair covering his ears. so getting to see BOTH his ears is a first for me since his Kansai Junior days~ XD

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 16th, '07, 09:56

no one's hard subbing it yet.. doshite!?
oh well.. i guess having soft subs is better than nothing.
*i was really afraid that no one's gonna sub this*

btw, it's confirmed that Aibu's gonan be Nagase's co-star.
my dislike with Aibu was due to some rumours about her in the past.. and she wasn't that pretty in Attention Please (improved alot in its SP tho).
but i saw a clip about Utahime.. and i found her pretty.

can't wait for this~

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Whoops!

Post by siantut » Sep 16th, '07, 10:12

Whoops! I didn't know that this thread already exists, so I created my own thread on Utahime about a week ago (and Hakusen Nagashi) as I will be softsubbing these 2 doramas.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_52909.htm

What am I supposed to do now?? :-(
Last edited by siantut on Sep 16th, '07, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Sep 16th, '07, 10:15

thats fine siantut, we'll just ask the mod to merge the threads.:)

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Sep 16th, '07, 10:19

marienella_m wrote:thats fine siantut, we'll just ask the mod to merge the threads.:)
Yes that's fine with me. Thanks, Marienella. And sorry to the moderators for additional work. I should have looked more carefully.

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 16th, '07, 10:29

~ ahhh.. my most anticipated dorama for Fall..
haven't seen Nagase since MBMH.. (well, apart from TOKIO appearances. ahehehe..)
when i saw Nagase's hair in SCP.. i guessed it was for Utahime.. i was right. ahehhe

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Sep 16th, '07, 10:47

ohhh so we have 2 threads?

anyway, about Saki-chan...I guess everyone has liked and disliked actors/actresses and sometimes you don't even know why you dislike someone XDDD there's just something that annoys you right? but I guess it's good to give a chance and maybe one role will change your opinion about him/her.
I personally don't like Nagase's acting but this is not going to stop me from being super excited about this dorama XDDD so lets hope everyone does well! :thumleft:

official site is up and it looks pretty hihi

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 16th, '07, 10:52

@ yamatsumi
you don't like Nagase's acting..? well, that's new.. hehehehe..
anyways.. yeah.. we sometimes just dislike something or someone for no apparent reason.
i do hope that this dorama will be great~

joeboygo

Re: Whoops!

Post by joeboygo » Sep 16th, '07, 11:36

siantut wrote:Whoops! I didn't know that this thread already exists, so I created my own thread on Utahime about a week ago (and Hakusen Nagashi) as I will be softsubbing these 2 doramas.
(
Howdy stranger. Fancy running into you here.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 16th, '07, 11:38

EHHHH , they finally put up the page.
*does kotora head swing*
I'll go have a look.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Sep 16th, '07, 12:51

Aibu Saki ne... Acting wise, sometimes inexperienced actors can be coached by the directors or inspired to better performances from a stronger co-star, her acting was never horrible, just never as outstanding. For example, many would noticed that she was much better with Kimura Takuya in a drama with a better production team than Attention Please which didn't have actors and production team of the same calibre. I'm not worrying too much about Aibu Saki after looking at 3 preview trailers. Half the battle is won cos she does look the part, sweet but spunky and most importantly looks good with Nagase.

To be honest, i think Ohkura would be the weak link here in terms of acting & fitting into the mood of the drama if we were really to be picky. I'm sorry but his performances from the 3-4 SPs were fairly bad. But as said, in Utahime, he does have the benefit of a more acclaimed director and more time to develop chemisty with his co-stars in a renzoku this time round so Ohkura might be inspired to better performances too.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Sep 16th, '07, 13:26

morai_naki wrote:@ yamatsumi
I don't know...there's just something that annoys me in his acting...maybe because I still think of him as Mr shitteru-san ( I don't even remember what was the title of that SP/movie but this was the worst piece of acting ever) and his other roles didn't manage to make me change my mind even tho I love some of the doramas he was in...but who knows maybe Utahime will be the one hihi

ohhh Okura is made of awesomeness and I loved every minute of his screentime haha but I'm biased so I guess my opinion doesn't count :lol Utahime is his first real dorama so no one should expect he will act like a pro but it's not like he got a main role without having much of experience.. it's a supporting role that probably won't be very big so I think he will do fine :heart:

@kokitty: can you share those preview trailers, please? I only have the one I posted screencaps from earlier but can't find the other ones..

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 16th, '07, 14:03

I really can't wait for this to come out. I've seen all of Nagase's work except Mokudono! because I can't find the entire series. Anyone know where to get it , like RAWS , and subs so my roomies can watch.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Sep 16th, '07, 14:37

here's the Utahime CM:

Robina

Post by Robina » Sep 16th, '07, 14:48

Here the new CM Of Utahime 25secs
[CM] Uta Hime - Tomoya Nagase New Drama (25sec)
http://www.mediafire.com/?6jjmagg1zzc

and here are some caps from the CM

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Sep 16th, '07, 14:49

@Robina: thanks so much!

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Sep 16th, '07, 15:28

Sounds interesting :-)
Aibu Saki is much better in the grand tribe opposite Kimura.
And she's nice in Regatta.

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 16th, '07, 15:57

yamatsumi wrote:
morai_naki wrote:@ yamatsumi
I don't know...there's just something that annoys me in his acting...maybe because I still think of him as Mr shitteru-san ( I don't even remember what was the title of that SP/movie but this was the worst piece of acting ever) and his other roles didn't manage to make me change my mind even tho I love some of the doramas he was in...but who knows maybe Utahime will be the one hihi
well, i respect your opinion.. and yeah.. i hope Utahime can change that.. but i admire you.. not liking his acting .. but loving his doramas.. you are a parody.. LOL
kokitty wrote:Half the battle is won cos she does look the part, sweet but spunky and most importantly looks good with Nagase.
as much as i wouldn't believe me saying it.. i totally agree.. (well, i haven't seen enough of her acting to thoroughly dislike her as an actress.. *it's just those rumours with P* hahaha) i hope she'll do good here.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Sep 16th, '07, 16:55

morai_naki wrote:but i admire you.. not liking his acting .. but loving his doramas.. you are a parody.. LOL
that's because dorama is not only acting of 1 person...there's also the rest of the cast, script, story, general atmosphere, music etc so if I like the rest of it I don't care about this one actor I dislike... :lol

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 17th, '07, 12:35

^ ah sou~

Kuso_Baba

Post by Kuso_Baba » Sep 18th, '07, 05:31

Thanx Robina!!! From thoses pics it will be a good comedy..
Cant wait! :lol

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Sep 18th, '07, 13:58

The official website is up. For those who want to know what the story will be like, I've translated the synopsis for ep1.

Episode One Synopsis

In autumn 2007, Koizumi Asahi travels from Tokyo to Tosashimizu at the behest of his mother, Koizumi Sakura (Judy Ong), who is also a big singer called the diva of the Showa era. Sakura makes her son go to the distant Aichi movie theatre in order to let him watch the movie "Utahime" which her father loved greatly. Asahi sinks into his seat at Orion as he waits for the last screening of the day to start ... ...

The period changes to the rural town of Tosashimizu in the year Showa 30. Movie theatre, Orion's cinematographer Shimanto Taro, lives together with Orion's owner, Kishida Katsuo (Takada Junji), his wife Hamako (Fubuki Jun), and daughter Rei (Aibu Saki). Ten years ago, Katsuo had rescued Taro who had collapsed at Tosa's beach. He narrowly escaped death but has absolutely no recollection of his past, and was given the name Shimanto Taro. Taro and Rei always say spiteful things to each other, and always quarrel. However, Rei has a secret crush on Taro.

One day, Taro has a caustic exchange of words with the Yamanouchi family that heads Nakamura town and comes back. "From now on, leave the movies to me", he had heatedly told them. Katsuo is surprised beyond words when Taro proudly relates the incident to him. In this town, it is a terrible thing to defy the Yamanouchi family. Sure enough, Yamanouchi Oyabun (Furuya Kazuyuki) and a hooligan who goes by the name Kurowassan no Matsu have a secret meeting regarding the future of Orion.

On 15 August, the town holds a singing contest. Taro and Katsuo talk about the three-wheel vehicle that's the top prize of the contest. Jinguji (Okura Tadayoshi) who is forced to put up at the inn next to Orion that is run by Sabako (Saito Yuki) is also very interested in the prize. Rei decides to appear in the contest when she sees that Taro wants the three-wheel vehicle as he says that it isn't fashionable for a man to sing in front of people

On the other hand, Kurowassan no Matsu and hooligans begin their harassment of Orion ... ...
Last edited by raven_frost on Sep 18th, '07, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 18th, '07, 14:21

thanks, raven_frost.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 18th, '07, 14:35

I was hoping this was a serious drama. I love Tomo's comedy , but I wan't more serious roles for him. ;_;

Robina

Post by Robina » Sep 18th, '07, 15:15

@raven_frost: Thankx for the translation and i am looking forward for this drama~ I bet it will be mix with comadey & romance & interesting tooo~ :cheers:

sakr0

Post by sakr0 » Sep 18th, '07, 17:23

Archaenon wrote:I really can't wait for this to come out. I've seen all of Nagase's work except Mokudono! because I can't find the entire series. Anyone know where to get it , like RAWS , and subs so my roomies can watch.
I got all of the Mukodono episodes from here: http://idols-unlimited.com/community

You have to register on the forum in order to access the dramas for download, but once you've registered, you should be able to find Mukodono here: http://idols-unlimited.com/community/in ... wtopic=201

It's mostly a family drama but I also loved the chemistry between Nagase Tomoya and Takeuchi Yuko :wub:

As for Utahime, I hope that this drama is good since I've pretty much liked almost every drama that Nagase has been in. I'm also keeping open-minded about the other actors since I think that the direction that the drama takes and the scriptwriting can contribute to an actor's performance as well :-)

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 18th, '07, 17:41

@sakr0
there are some big names behind Utahime, neh..?
the directors, Kaneko Fuminori (IWGP, Kisarazu Cat's Eye, Tiger&Dragon); Tsuboi Toshio (HYD, Tiger&Dragon, Handoku)
the writer, Takuma Takayuki [Satake Mikio] (HYD)
the producer, Isoyama Aki (IWGP, Kisarazu Cat's Eye)
(damn.. they sure love working with Tomoya, judging from the number of previous projects together of most of them..)

thanks for the link, btw (altho i'm not the one who asked for it. LOL)

@ Archaenon
hnnn... serious roles? reminds me of Takayama Ryuji. LOL

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 18th, '07, 17:56

morai_naki wrote:@sakr0
there are some big names behind Utahime, neh..?
the directors, Kaneko Fuminori (IWGP, Kisarazu Cat's Eye, Tiger&Dragon); Tsuboi Toshio (HYD, Tiger&Dragon, Handoku)
the writer, Takuma Takayuki [Satake Mikio] (HYD)
the producer, Isoyama Aki (IWGP, Kisarazu Cat's Eye)
(damn.. they sure love working with Tomoya, judging from the number of previous projects together of most of them..)

thanks for the link, btw (altho i'm not the one who asked for it. LOL)

@ Archaenon
hnnn... serious roles? reminds me of Nakayama Ryuji. LOL
Lol....Ryuji....at any rate , I would love to see him in a really really serious drama. Like no comedy whatsoever. Then again I love everything he does , so he can do silent films and I would still love it.

fwaaahahah *does Kotora face*
I keep seeing Tiger&Dragon in the credits and IWGP! on htere. so im set. I loooooooooooooooved Tiger and dragon.

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 18th, '07, 19:34

^ LOL. He can just sit still, and i'd love it still.

btw, i wonder how Okhura would fare?
i haven't seen him act, yet.
(well, i don't really know him anyway.. just heard he's a kouhai.)

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Sep 21st, '07, 21:53

Ohkura's a newbie, so most likely he's going to get a lot of experience through this drama. I think the role he has should be really good for him to develop his skills, and he is not the lead so he doesn't have as much pressure ;) I think he has some good relationships with his senpais through many things (including his last drama special Hissatsu Shigotonin), so Nagase should be a good positive influence for him.

I love Nagase and I love Ohkura (hence my avatar), so I'm really looking forward to this! The storyline seems very interesting :)

Come to think of it, he's not too much of a newbie, ne? He's done Cinderella ni Naritai and the Kanjani 8 drama specials Kemarishi and Double. I don't think he's that bad, but then again I'm biased so... ;)

I'm so happy that such great people are working on this project like the writer and director for HYD and the producer and director from IWGP. Those are two of my top dramas, so it's really gotten me excited!

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 22nd, '07, 03:39

^ yeah.. i was really surprised when i saw the directors, writer, and producer.. (and of course, the cast!!)
i thought, "this better be good!"

thanks for the info about ohkura..
i don't know much about him, except that he's a member of K8.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 22nd, '07, 03:44

Words cannot explain how excited I am about any new Nagase drama.
*rolls around waiting for oct 12 to get here faster*

*watches mukodono! 2003*

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 24th, '07, 09:50

hey.. here's a clip i found on Nagase, and Aibu..
not sure what it's about as i haven't dLed it yet, too.
download
credits back to nagase_tomoya@lj

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Sep 28th, '07, 03:17

@Everyone: You're welcome and thanks for your support.

I have a chance to pass something to Nagase tomorrow.
If you have any message for him, please write it here:
http://www.s-projects.org/index.php?categoryid=5
It will come to me as an email. I will print it out and cut then paste on a scrapbook and will make sure it get passed on to him tomorrow 9/29

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Sep 28th, '07, 08:25

Tokio's new song Seishun (青春) has been chosen as the theme song for Utahime. It goes on sale on 21 November.

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 28th, '07, 09:10

^ additional information.. the song's composed by singer-songwriter Tsuyoshi Nagabuchi (Japan's top-selling male singer-songwriter)..

i've been wondering for quite awhile now.. if TOKIO's gonna record a new song for Utahime.. and i'm glad they are..

Robina

Post by Robina » Oct 5th, '07, 13:58

I really don't know if this was post before, sorry i didn't check~
Here are some HQ Scans of Utahime

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 5th, '07, 14:07

^ omg O~~~~kura! what happened with your hair? hahaha

anyway, I uploaded short NG clip for another forum...not sure if you have it already or not so I thought I could post it here as well

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mtkxczdwwi

Robina

Post by Robina » Oct 5th, '07, 14:35

@yamatsumi: Thanks :cheers: and if you have any news clips of Utahime~ please share with us~ :D

Naiya

Post by Naiya » Oct 11th, '07, 14:00

@minna
Just want to let you know, siantut could manage to fix the problems with her PC in time.

siantut wrote: “ I am ready for Utahime tomorrow! The show must go on! Yay!!“

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Yatta!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: