What nationality are you?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
Kuronami

Post by Kuronami » Sep 13th, '07, 10:03

I was born in Paris, I'v got the American and French nationality and I'm Jewish by my mother. My mother tongue is english, I speak fluent french and dutch and I can hold a conversation in japanese. I've been learning japanese now for more than 3 years and it's so much fun !!! :thumright: I especially love learning my kanji :note: *_* and Kansai ben rocks !!!

pumahmistress

Post by pumahmistress » Sep 13th, '07, 12:11

I'm Swedish-Finnish xP

I at the moment only speak Swedish (duh), English and German. Considering learning French though <3

iLUVdram@

Post by iLUVdram@ » Sep 13th, '07, 12:34

I just wanted to know what nationality you all are as this site is a multicultural site so i was just wondering and state the languages you can talk in..

Yoroshiku!

I am from Congo (Center Africa).. my mother tongues are Munukutuba and Lingala. (Check your wiki :whistling: )

I speak french fluently.

I speak English almost fluently but I have to improve my level again.

I can speak wolof too (senegalese language eh eh..I am in Senegal since 7 years) ^.^

And of course I know little phrases in japanese, spanish as well

I hope that one day I will speak japanese fluently! :P

Mangi dem! (Bye in wolof :D )

gelmar

Post by gelmar » Sep 13th, '07, 19:29

I'm of dual nationality: Half Serbian half Hungarian. I speak both languages fluently.

Asianlicious

Re: What nationality are you?

Post by Asianlicious » Sep 13th, '07, 20:00

haywon wrote:and the basics of French and German.
cool, "na wie geht es dir?", "common ca va?"...

My Nationality is German, I was born and grew up here, but my Ethnicities are Filipino and Chinese. Though both of my parents are Filipinos, my ancestors were Chinese and some other Japanese (jap. as far as I know) and if you see the picture of me (the attachment), you'll see that I do not look like Filipina at all.

- I'm fluent in German, English & Tagalog (Filipino).
- I had 2 years French in school
- I do know some Spanish because in Filipino we use alot of words and phrases
- I'm learning Korean and can write, read and say lots of basic stuff already
- I wanna learn Japanese then (after Korean)
- I also can say some words or/and phrases in: Chinese, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian & Turkish
Attachments
^^ me...
^^ me...
me28.jpg (12.67 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Sep 13th, '07, 20:22

haywon wrote:I just wanted to know what nationality you all are as this site is a multicultural site so i was just wondering and state the languages you can talk in..

I'm British Chinese and can talk Hakka, some Cantonese (i can listen but not talk so well) and so little phrases of Mandarin, English and the basics of French and German.
Cool. I am Chinese American. I speak English (obviously) and a bit of Cantonese and Mandarin. And I plan to learn Japanese someday. Hooked on j-dramas right now. :-)

happy_don5

Post by happy_don5 » Sep 13th, '07, 20:30

Asianlicious wrote:
haywon wrote:and the basics of French and German.
cool, "na wie geht es dir?", "common ca va?"...

My Nationality is German, I was born and grew up here, but my Ethnicities are Filipino and Chinese. Though both of my parents are Filipinos, my ancestors were Chinese and some other Japanese (jap. as far as I know) and if you see the picture of me (the attachment), you'll see that I do not look like Filipina at all.

- I'm fluent in German, English & Tagalog (Filipino).
- I had 2 years French in school
- I do know some Spanish because in Filipino we use alot of words and phrases
- I'm learning Korean and can write, read and say lots of basic stuff already
- I wanna learn Japanese then (after Korean)
- I also can say some words or/and phrases in: Chinese, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian & Turkish
ohh nice....
my nationality is Filipino.
am fluent in english and tagalog(filipino)
:D

Kuronami

Post by Kuronami » Sep 14th, '07, 13:09

Asianlicious wrote:and the basics of French and German.
cool, "na wie geht es dir?", "common ca va?"...- I'm fluent in German, English & Tagalog (Filipino).
- I had 2 years French in school.
Wow you were very courageous to learn French :thumleft: It's one of the most difficult languages on earth even french people have a hard time with lot's of things like grammar and the rules about writing it. Even I can't conjugate some verbes, it can be pretty confusing sometimes :lol I even find Japanese MUCH more easyer then French XD
Have you ever been to France ? Anyway why did you choose to learn french ?

Voyant

Whaat?!

Post by Voyant » Sep 16th, '07, 00:57

What's that about french?!.... :x
Ha just joking, well it isn't that difficult if you speak it regurlarly...i think it is actually less difficult than japanese. It is much richer than english as you express yourself in so many different ways...plus it is much more polite and warm than english. On the other hand english and other simpler languages are way better to communicate worlwide...
Well that what i think.

Sorry if i sound boring, but i must defend french! :salut:

kandieloli

Post by kandieloli » Sep 16th, '07, 01:25

Chaerin7 wrote:Well I am Half Korean(dad's side) and Half Jamaican(mother's side).
So that makes me korean/black.
I can speak Fluent in French,English,Creol......and now I am currently learning KOREAN :D
It's been over a year now.But I am getting there :lol
I need to speed up the process, so that i can watch korean dramas without English subs. :lol
im haitian n i cnt even speak creole i can understand whats bein said n interpret but cnt speak born in the usa...BRKLYN
in the process of learning korean and relearnin spanish

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Sep 16th, '07, 01:48

i'm a malaysian. speaks the malay language and almost fluent in english. i only need to polish my grammar a little bit and i speak (very little) japanese as i use simple dialogues from the j-drama. im planning to learn french, japanese and mandarin as well. haha! well, yeah. thats it.

forever_shadow

Post by forever_shadow » Sep 16th, '07, 01:53

Born in the states, but nationality=Eduadorian
I speak both spanish and english fluently and very little french

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Sep 16th, '07, 02:10

haywon wrote:I just wanted to know what nationality you all are as this site is a multicultural site so i was just wondering and state the languages you can talk in..
well, i'm a Pilipino and can speak Filipino and English fluently. It's our national language and have to be proud of it!

Setsuna

Post by Setsuna » Feb 10th, '08, 13:43

Hi

I'm Turkish born n raised in the netherlands, and i speak Cantonese(chin), Dutch,english,a lil german, Turkish and thats about it i suppose XD

Gorusmek uzere! ( au revoir in turkish n.n )
Last edited by Setsuna on Apr 24th, '09, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

aznbabe

Post by aznbabe » Feb 22nd, '08, 18:44

Setsuna wrote: I'm Turkish born n raised in the netherlands, and i speak Cantonese(chin), Dutch,english,a lil german, Turkish and thats about it i suppose XD
oohh..that's interesting - you're turkish..how come you speak cantonese ? =D

well.. I'm chinese, born in germany. ^^ I can speak german, english and cantonese :/ [wish i would know more languages..]

sarasa36

Post by sarasa36 » Feb 22nd, '08, 19:01

I'm spanish, but i was born in morocco.

I speak four languages!!!

urashimiwako

Post by urashimiwako » Feb 22nd, '08, 19:09

im pinoy i can speak engslish,tagalog,bisaya,japanes,chines and korean

proud to say im pinoy......
pinoy ako pinoy tau :-)

Star-Bolt

Post by Star-Bolt » Feb 22nd, '08, 20:24

Im Argentinian (Argentino) and I can speak very well spanish (XD) and english. I can understand portugues, french, italian, and chinese. I can speak a little bit of french and chinese.

I studied french but never practice so I forgot. Im learning chinese and I can understand when my chinese friends are talking but I cant speak yet ^^u

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 22nd, '08, 20:38

I'm Korean & African American.

Synique

Post by Synique » Feb 24th, '08, 00:44

I'm Chinese, first generation born Canadian. I speak Cantonese, English and French. Can only understand spanish.

Burak0101

Post by Burak0101 » Mar 27th, '08, 23:11

i'm from germany, but i'm turkish, i can speak german, turkish and english :P

segiterrus

Post by segiterrus » Mar 28th, '08, 03:31

Im ethnically South Asian (both parents) , I've traveled the world, visited many countries, i was born and live in the United States... i wanna travel and look forward to spending a couple yrs in Asia and Europe.

i am fluent and was raised to speak English, Urdu and Hindi
i can speak other than those languages, Spanish; some, Bengali, Russian, German, Korean,Cantonese, Arabic.

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Mar 28th, '08, 08:50

I'm from Denmark, and speak English and Danish fluently. Also trying hard to learn some basic Mandarin so I won't have to rely on fansubs :)

Nikkeijin4Life

Post by Nikkeijin4Life » Mar 28th, '08, 17:51

100% Japanese... born in raised in Venice Beach, CA USA... living in Long Beach, CA and Shibuya, Tokyo

Mrs-Nishikado

Post by Mrs-Nishikado » Mar 28th, '08, 17:59

Im Somali and live in england but can also speak italian and dutch and currently learning arabic and japanese so i dont need to wait for subs! :D

ruby

Post by ruby » Mar 28th, '08, 19:08

I'm hyaku (100) percent Chinese, born in HK
but grew up in Canada almost all my life though.
I can speak fluent Cantonese and English.
Can understand and speak Japanese better
than I can with Mandarin (i know... i suckkk),
and I remember the Canadian anthem in
French better than I can in English LOL.

Currently trying to study Japanese and
Mandarin and if I have enough time, I'd like
to learn French, Korean, and sign language.

( ゚ ヮ゚) can't wait to fly to tokyo . . .
minna san ikimashoo hahaha.

stillintheusa

Re: Hello

Post by stillintheusa » Mar 31st, '08, 07:50

:wub: I am from the states, I can speak English, Japanese and some Mandarin. I am American Indian, Mostly Northern (Welsch and Scottish and English) and Southern (French, Polish, and Ukranian) European and Russian. Basically American. :wub:

ash_ton

Post by ash_ton » Apr 1st, '08, 17:37

I'm from India. I speak English and Hindi (though its not my mother tongue). I can understand 2 other Indian languages as well.

Was attracted to Japan once I visited the country almost 2 years back. Had a really nice time over there. Loved the country and the people. I find that Japanese and Indian languages are quite similar (at least the way in which the sentences are constructed)

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Apr 1st, '08, 18:04

I am Puerto Rican American. I speak English, Spanish, and some Japanese. I've been to Japan several times and I love it. It's just an endlessly fascinating place.

Tenju

Post by Tenju » Apr 1st, '08, 18:37

Waaaah so much countries, that's great !
J'ai vu qu'il y en avait plein qui comprenaient le français, c'est cool ! :-)

I'm French, I learnt German during 12 years then I forgot everything (I began when I was 9), and I speak English (since I was 15), not too bad I think. Well, actually I don't understand it when people speak :P Not really. But I understand what I read.

So... I live in France, for two years. I was born in an other little country that I hate.

I was supposed to study Latin 5 hours per week during one year, but... I just remember that it was really hard. :whistling: And maybe one word or two. And I know about ten sentences in Japanese and 20 words !!! :cheers:

Oh, and my grandmother is half Spanish and her father was half Italian. :lol It seems that my cousins and I just have a Spanish personnality, but my skin is so white. :|

smilesmile19

Post by smilesmile19 » Apr 1st, '08, 18:50

I'm African American and Indian.
I used to speak French when i was little but I forgot that, I don't know much spanish even though I studied it for 4 years and I'm currently studying Japanese and so far I can speak, write and read... enough to get by lol.

Motoko Ayoama

Post by Motoko Ayoama » Apr 7th, '08, 05:15

I am French. I fluently speak French, English, Spanish and I am learning Chinese.

jotdess

Post by jotdess » Apr 11th, '08, 10:12

Korean, although many say I don't look like one. :P

a5s1h9itaka

Post by a5s1h9itaka » Apr 11th, '08, 14:26

I'm Filipino, some Chinese & Spanish(Spain). I understand most Tagalog, but I forgot how to speak it. I moved to US when I was 3. So naturally i speak English, and I'm currently learning Japanese.

John-Ray

eilla

Post by eilla » Apr 11th, '08, 17:18

I'm from Poland. I speak Polish and English, a little bit German, just started to learn Korean and I also want to start learning Spanish soon.

eva01-xct

Post by eva01-xct » Apr 11th, '08, 17:25

i'm french . I'm understand english most i speak it :)

camillad82

Post by camillad82 » Apr 11th, '08, 17:27

I am from denmark , besides danish I speak English and a little korean.

MsDeath

Post by MsDeath » Apr 11th, '08, 17:42

Geez I am from United Arab Emirate I speak Arabic & English

^^

Basuha

HOT

Post by Basuha » Apr 11th, '08, 18:21

There are so many mix nationalities on this forum:
I'm Black, Korean and Japanese. My mother is Japanese and Black and my father is Korean. I speak and write English, but only speak Korean and Japanese. I know English sign language and next year I will be learning how to sign in Korean and Japanese.

:cheers:

dinak

Post by dinak » Apr 11th, '08, 18:26

I'm from Kuwait. :cheers:

mjf

Post by mjf » Apr 11th, '08, 18:54

My nationality is also British like you but I'm from HK originally, I now lived in France though, & I've been learning French in University here. I can't say that my French is that brilliant but to get by wouldn't be a problem. Apart from that I can speak English, Chinese(Cantonese, Mandarin & Hakka). Because I've been watching so much of Korean dramas, I had pick up lots of short sentences & words. I really liked to speak proper Korean so I don't need subtitle to watch their dramas.

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Apr 11th, '08, 19:00

I feel so guilty for only being bilingual with so many people speaking 3-5 languages here ^-^

nothin

Post by nothin » Apr 11th, '08, 19:21

From Kuwait.

Fluent in English Arabic and understand Japanese but can't speak it very well ...

.Akira

Post by .Akira » Apr 20th, '08, 22:09

It seems everybody is so Diverse. Thats a good thing ^_^ I am black and Italian. Well more than that, but thats all I really say to people. My Mom is Italian French, german and some black.. and my father is black. I'm very confused however what that makes me.

ryc3

Post by ryc3 » Apr 21st, '08, 10:14

I'm 50% chinese 25% Cambodian 25% Vietnamese. I speak Chinese(Chiu Chow), little bit Cambodian, little bit of Japanese, little bit of spanish, and Mostly english.

eurazn_karry

Post by eurazn_karry » Apr 21st, '08, 14:11

My nationality is French :dance:
I'm 3/4 Cantonese - Vietnamese and 1/4 French - Germain :heart:

cam169

Post by cam169 » Apr 21st, '08, 14:33

I'm Brazilian ( actually II have also Italian, Indian, and some African heritage LOL)/German and I speak Portuguese, German, English and Spanish and I'm now taking lessons in Japanese XD

Zel_da

Post by Zel_da » Apr 21st, '08, 14:38

I'm french, i'm fluent in japenese, spanish and i can speak english

revolc

Post by revolc » Apr 21st, '08, 15:06

Im from Singapore. I am fluent in English, Chinese(Mandarin, Cantonese & Hokkein) and Japanese.

tannl

Post by tannl » Apr 21st, '08, 18:49

im singaporean

i can speak and write english and chinese.

learnt some basic japanese =)

*member*

Post by *member* » Apr 21st, '08, 19:01

hello everyone im from the Domincan Republic. its a beautiful island on the caribbean. i speak spanish and english fluently. i also know some basic french and started to learn korean. :thumleft:

nice meeting u all :D

eilla

Post by eilla » Apr 21st, '08, 22:28

and where do you learn korean? Do you know any good websites? Cause in my country there isn't such possibility, and I try to learn myself a little :)

pandan

Post by pandan » Apr 23rd, '08, 14:48

I'm Filipino. Though no one believes me, because I don't look like it. :whistling:

lincorp.com

Post by lincorp.com » Apr 23rd, '08, 22:16

I was originally born in taiwan...English is my first language, i can speak mandarin and taiwanese at a 3rd grade level and im pretty good at japanese, the Japanese side of my is being modest since i only consider Japanese natives as being fluent :-)

Halfass

Post by Halfass » Apr 26th, '08, 15:52

Born in Marseille, France... half French/Chinese. Spoken languages: French native speaker. Half fluent in English/Cantonese. :-)

Vanilla-Rain

Post by Vanilla-Rain » Apr 26th, '08, 18:35

I'm from the States, but by parental blood I'm German, French, and American Indian.

I only speak English and bad English. :P lol

Aiiro

Post by Aiiro » Apr 26th, '08, 22:31

I am from Poland but I've been living in UK for 3 years now...

I speak Polish, German, tiny bit of Spanish, some Russian, and I am learning Japanese now ^_^v Oh, and I don't really speak English at all...

meli_chan

Post by meli_chan » Apr 26th, '08, 22:51

I´m from Argentina, i speak Spanish (naturally) and speak English, I wish I knew Japanese, I only know some words, I like Korean too...

gmak

hyaku pasento nihon jin desuyo!

Post by gmak » Apr 28th, '08, 06:34

100% Japanese

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Apr 28th, '08, 07:51

I'm an Australian born Chinese, though my great great grandma was born here, and apparently one of the great great grandmas was an English lady. Dad was born in HK. Have ancestors on both sides from Guangzhou.

I speak, like, heaps good ingrish, a few words of Cantonese, a bit more Japanese, and a few words of Italian and French, having studied them a long time ago. Despite watching alot of K dramas, Korean is prettty much a string of unintelligable syllables which all blend together, to me.

animeskina

Post by animeskina » Apr 28th, '08, 08:27

i'm filipino, other than my own language i can fluently speak english, a bit of japanese .... and understand a few spanish and chinese and korean.

skya15

Post by skya15 » Apr 28th, '08, 11:50

I'm Nigerian. I speak my native language Igbo and English fluently. Oh, I also speak some French.

kaminari_tsk

Post by kaminari_tsk » Apr 28th, '08, 12:47

I'm russian with korean background, my mother tongue's russian, and i also speak english.
Currently learning japanese :) And I hope to start learn korean from next semester X___x

N-chan

Post by N-chan » Apr 29th, '08, 15:52

I'm singaporean who can speak english and malay :)

Constantly learning a new language

boris7

Post by boris7 » Apr 29th, '08, 16:08

I am a cup of coffee....????
Chinese/English/Malay/German......

A real mixture!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

IrIsz

Post by IrIsz » Apr 29th, '08, 16:32

I'm hungarian, and I speak English, German and a bit of Japanese ^^

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Apr 29th, '08, 17:02

I am English.

75% English 25% Irish.

I speak english and german, and can understand Korean and Japanese just from listening and reading.

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Apr 29th, '08, 17:05

I'm Chinese (I speak Cantonese)! ^^

mondphasen

Post by mondphasen » Apr 29th, '08, 18:10

I`m from Dominican Republic, hence i`m dominican
I can speak fluently spanish, english, japanese
Currently learning german :D

rikochan

Post by rikochan » Apr 30th, '08, 13:22

i'm malaysian, can speak malay, english fluently.
understand a litlle bit chinese, indian.
like to learn japanese...

slowmoe

Post by slowmoe » Apr 30th, '08, 18:41

am a whiteboy.....love the asian culture....english first language.....want to learn japanese chinese vietnamese....the works.....

zyrene

Post by zyrene » May 1st, '08, 01:57

am a citizen of no country... i know how to speak english, well obviously and a little jap currently trying to improve it. also want to learn french and german. :D

slowmoe

Post by slowmoe » May 5th, '08, 16:37

zyrene wrote:am a citizen of no country...
there ya go again being secretive....your a spy arent you.....

mariean

Post by mariean » May 5th, '08, 16:49

im filipino.. :)
i can speak english fluently :)
i speak three tongues very well including Filipino or tagalog, english and a native dialect of one of the regions of philippines.
i can understand few korean conversations but not as much.. since i dont have the time, i have only gained lesser knowledge than expected in my almost 4 years of learning. i am currently studying using the hangul or the traditional korean characters:)

kat178

Post by kat178 » May 7th, '08, 11:33

I am a chinese and live in a country in the south pacific, the native people is black so can speak their language and english fluently