[TwDrama] The X-Family/KO One Family (GTV, 2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Aug 15th, '07, 08:03

Yup once the hardsubs are done they'll be uploaded to veoh. Please ask us these sort of questions in the subtitles thread :)

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Aug 15th, '07, 09:10

Speaking of Hardsubs.... *molests her monitor*

The morning (princess time).... as long as my internet doesn't hate me tonight.

Vanstane

Post by Vanstane » Aug 18th, '07, 14:37

What is veoh? I'm sorry, I'm new here and I'm not familiar with what that is. Thanks!

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Aug 18th, '07, 15:28

this is veoh. ^^

http://www.veoh.com/

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Aug 21st, '07, 16:57

I want one of those "Lovey-dovey, let's make money not war" bracelets.
I was totally not unprepared for Xia Tian's OS mode in ep 9. It was so funny. I'll panick too if my teacher and the girl l like are wearing couple bracelet.

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Aug 21st, '07, 17:09

Kumaxell wrote:I want one of those "Lovey-dovey, let's make money not war" bracelets.
I was totally not unprepared for Xia Tian's OS mode in ep 9. It was so funny. I'll panick too if my teacher and the girl l like are wearing couple bracelet.
me too!! they look nice!! i think the merchandise shop would be filled with orders for these bracelets. ^^

hahaha. its kind of cute how xia tian's OS mode. lol. but will the couple fall in love with each other wearing that bracelets?

and
xia yu will become evil in the end???? why is he always the bad guy??? nooooooo!!!!!

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Aug 21st, '07, 17:33

foxhana wrote:
xia yu will become evil in the end???? why is he always the bad guy??? nooooooo!!!!!
Because he's hot when he's all emo and evil?

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Aug 21st, '07, 22:16

It's because he has "evil" written all over his face. It could also be because of his enormous big brain and his side swipe hairdo. :mrgreen:
I read
Xia Yu inherited the dark powers from his father's side of family, while his sibling inherited their power from the mother's side. His father knows he will be an easy prey for Mojie, so he sealed off Xia Yu's power entirely making him a MaGua. It will be interesting to see how they will reveal this about Xia Yu.
Xia Mei is so cute! Her piss-ness and fangirl-ism is so hilarious.

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Aug 22nd, '07, 14:56

Puppet Princess ~~~ well you're right. but he's really cute when he's all goody doody. :lol:

Kumaxell ~~~ yes he does have that kind of bishonen evil face, like in some animes. ^^
i would like to see the part where he goes close to people to speak to them. :lol: i'm fangirly when it comes to him. *squeals* ~~~
actually xia mei isnt irritating, her voice isnt high pitched and is soothing actually, so seeing her fangirling all over xiu isnt too bad, i like xiu too. ^^

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Aug 22nd, '07, 15:51

I like her more in X-Fam then I did in KO. I think it was her obsession with Da Dong in KO that annoyed me a little... it was a bit much, though she still was the one female that I didn't have the urge to stab at times (An Qi's high pitched voice was so annoying).
Mei is much more endearing now because of the fangirling... and constant electrocuting of Ren. She's always so mean to him. lol

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Aug 22nd, '07, 16:59

yeah!! :lol: and the si mi wa go brothers, they're cute lah. :lol: the shorter brother actually has a wig on if you did come across his intro pic, he has spiky hair in show? hmms.. guess they removed their wig, if he has his wig on like in kusokusokukuso, i think i'll probably be poking my screen when he comes out i.e. poke him.

yep, i didnt like mei when she was in KO One too, she annoyed me a little. lucky her the scriptwriters gave her a nice role. XD

but does anyone feel that download from icefish is a little slow? well, its slower than YDY. i downloaded from icefish because they're fast, it comes out like, one hour after the show ended in taiwan. O_O supppper fast!!

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Aug 22nd, '07, 17:15

Yeah, icefish always takes a long time to download for some reason.

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Aug 22nd, '07, 17:39

yep. dashed my hopes for watching it on the same day, but oh well, i get to watch it raw so cant complain. they're really fast. :lol:

wonder when will yu's powers be revealed.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Aug 24th, '07, 14:31

Poor Xia Tian and his messed-up hair in ep 11. After JiuTaiChangLao was done with him, Tian looked like Einstein just happened to him. :lol Did you guys notice how Yu was contantly hugging Mei?

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Aug 24th, '07, 15:58

you mean att the starting of the show, when mama and han and yu and mei were outside of the home? yu was protecting mei. ^^ or maybe just err nervous.

oh by the way, i cant seemed to get into ydy's website.. can someone guide me? thanks. ^^

SweetNocturne

Post by SweetNocturne » Aug 25th, '07, 17:41

Kumaxell wrote:Poor Xia Tian and his messed-up hair in ep 11. After JiuTaiChangLao was done with him, Tian looked like Einstein just happened to him. :lol Did you guys notice how Yu was contantly hugging Mei?
I actually didn't notice Yu hugging Mei. Wow that's really sweet :D But yesh indeed... poor Tian looked so funny :lol

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Aug 25th, '07, 18:38

foxhana wrote: oh by the way, i cant seemed to get into ydy's website.. can someone guide me? thanks. ^^
It seems you need to go here now. http://bt2.cnxp.com/

Or just http://btchina.com

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Aug 25th, '07, 20:38

oo btchina has it, but did ydy changed their url? or is their http://bt2.cnxp.com/ a temporary site?

han looked scary in that contact lens!! O_O but i like her hair, slick~ :lol: and yu with the black soft baseball bat is cute!! plus his prisoner clothes.. :lol: kawaii~!

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Aug 26th, '07, 03:15

I have no idea... I normally just get it through btc because it's easier to use. (pop up pictures. :P)

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Aug 30th, '07, 07:49

ydy's back up. wooot to quality vids~~!! ^_^

yu's finally getting impatient, but the ring he's wearing is kinda cool. on the last finger.. cute. :lol:

i'm waiting for the dya he's in a skirt. XD

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Aug 30th, '07, 15:48

I just saw the preview for ep 17. I can't believe they are going to pull another KO One on me! :x
I want Han. I want Han and Tian together. She can't just disappear like that! OMG, the writers are so hateful.

anythingthatrhymes

Post by anythingthatrhymes » Sep 2nd, '07, 03:04

I LOVE jiro's shirt
with the earphones, stairway to heaven thing, and the skullnotes
awesome, wonder if i can get it online

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Sep 3rd, '07, 13:39

yep its sure is. threads would probably be created in taiwan because of this.. :lol:

well, xiayu is fine now. hope his family help him out more often. :D
but i stilll cant wait to see him in skirt. hahaha~ he's the phoenix anyway. XD

SweetNocturne

Post by SweetNocturne » Sep 4th, '07, 06:03

This is very very upsettingg.... from the looks of it now,
Han is Xia Tian's half sister o_o"" But... they were supposed to be together!!! I really really hope that her mother was really lying to Ye Si Ren about Han being their daughter. T-T I like the XT and Han couple =(
Last edited by SweetNocturne on Sep 6th, '07, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.

anythingthatrhymes

Post by anythingthatrhymes » Sep 6th, '07, 01:03

can someone explain , in ep 18
why the dad isn't a magua or somehting? and the xiayu thing? im not following the magic terminology

SweetNocturne

Post by SweetNocturne » Sep 6th, '07, 01:19

anythingthatrhymes wrote:can someone explain , in ep 18
why the dad isn't a magua or somehting? and the xiayu thing? im not following the magic terminology
Here:
The dad isn't a Ma Gua. In fact, he's from the most evil Yi Neng family there is, the Ye Hei Na La family. The dad didn't want to inherit the family's power and status, so he destroyed his evil side and Yi Neng and became a Ma Gua in order to be with the mom forever. The mother always thought that the dad was a Ma Gua because he never revealed his identity (he became a Ma Gua when he started dating her).

Regarding Xia Yu. The reason that he can still use the power without that ring is because his genes are all from the dad, meaning they are from the Ye Hei Na La family. So while Xia Tian and Xia Mei are half devil half Yi Neng, Xia Yu himself inherited all of the dad family's side of evil powers, and Xia Yu would've became a devil. The dad didn't want Xia Yu to become a devil, so Xia Yu was born, the dad found that Xia Yu had all the "devil" genes, so he destroyed Xia Yu's evil powers also and thus Xia Yu is a Ma Gua.
Did that answer your question? =/

anythingthatrhymes

Post by anythingthatrhymes » Sep 6th, '07, 01:50

wow alright...thx
im watching ep.20 right now
is he han's dad?

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 6th, '07, 14:34

My guess is no.
1) This show is a comedy and not a romantic tragedy. 2) Her DNA report only states "MO (evil)." It doesn't mean he is THE ONE. 3) If she is half and half like Tian and Mei, how come her power is stable and not theirs? :blink 4) If he is, he is an unfaithful bastard that should be neutered for the good of all mankind. :x

anythingthatrhymes

Post by anythingthatrhymes » Sep 6th, '07, 20:22

but the mom also thought han was his.. omg, slutty mothers.... :blink

SweetNocturne

Post by SweetNocturne » Sep 8th, '07, 00:51

anythingthatrhymes wrote:
but the mom also thought han was his.. omg, slutty mothers.... :blink
i LOLed at that xDD
For some reason, I keep thinking that Han is the daughter of the father's brother, the drama mentioned that the eye (before his body was destroyed) was the dad's younger bro. They should look alike. Since from KO One, they also looked identical. That probably isn't true, but mehh, just a guess. However, if that is true, then Han and Xia Tian would be able to be together =]

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Sep 8th, '07, 08:06

nooo the brother isnt acted by dad, its by another.. eye big big guy. :lol:

and SweetNocturne ~~~ its ye HE na la, not ye HEI na la. :lol:

do you guys rewatch the show? i rewatched a some episodes and felt that first time watching it was great, but secondd time watching it would skip some parts where they talk alot, especially han and tian's parts, where they are crying about leaving each other etc. luckily we're watching it everyday, if not, it gets a bit draggy? does anyone feel that way or is it just me? >_<

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Sep 8th, '07, 18:48

i would also like to know.. which version do you guys think is better? in terms of quality, ydy or icefish? at first i thought ydy is better because the dimensions were bigger, but then after watching both versions full screen it seemed that icefish is better? dotn know if its the colour or something..

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 8th, '07, 20:11

I agree that ice fish has the best quality. I only wish they would include the opening theme.
FYI: Beginning ep 23, there is an updated opening sequence, which included Lan Ling Wan.

I have a vague suspicion that they are trying to pair up Han with Xiu. The thing with the bracelets, then the whole Hankelama and Huyanjuiluo family history, now the crushing new development regarding Han. Seriously, are they or are they not trying to pair up these two?

Oh, I love Xia brothers and sister. They are insanely funny in their own rights. Xia Mei never fails to be my favorite. I love her to pieces.

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Sep 9th, '07, 07:19

yep that's one thing i dont understand. i want to keep this drama. and a few previous dramas of ydy are usually better than icefish in tersm of quality. but i was comparing the screen caps just now and icefish one seemed a less bright, hence characters dont look so.. pixel. i dont mind the starting theme get cut but as long as the first episode and the chagne of theme song is there.

yep lan ling wang is in opening theme in episode 23. finally. :lol:

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Sep 9th, '07, 07:37

Kumaxell wrote: I agree that ice fish has the best quality. I only wish they would include the opening theme.
FYI: Beginning ep 23, there is an updated opening sequence, which included Lan Ling Wan.

Oh, I love Xia brothers and sister. They are insanely funny in their own rights. Xia Mei never fails to be my favorite. I love her to pieces.
[/img]
So glad Calvin's there now too and that they've updated the intro to include him a bit more.

I adore Mei too, thats why I kinda 'insisted' the release button at the doremii blog be her rather than one of the guys :wub: The amount of obsessing over jiro, calvin and arron at doremii is insane, you should see us discussing the chu shen ru ha mv endlessly

FYI- I've bought the first set of XF dvd's so we'll be using those for hardsubbing from now on :) If anyone is interested I might upload them raw aswell. :w00t:

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 9th, '07, 08:13

Resie wrote:I adore Mei too, thats why I kinda 'insisted' the release button at the doremii blog be her rather than one of the guys :wub: The amount of obsessing over jiro, calvin and arron at doremii is insane, you should see us discussing the chu shen ru ha mv endlessly

FYI- I've bought the first set of XF dvd's so we'll be using those for hardsubbing from now on :) If anyone is interested I might upload them raw aswell. :w00t:
*Enter the girl who screen caped the hell of of that video* :whistling:

It's normally the sound of icefish that is the most god awful thing ever. It makes my ears bleed.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 9th, '07, 18:02

Resie wrote: I adore Mei too, thats why I kinda 'insisted' the release button at the doremii blog be her rather than one of the guys :wub: The amount of obsessing over jiro, calvin and arron at doremii is insane, you should see us discussing the chu shen ru ha mv endlessly

The Mei release button on Doremi is so kawaii! :wub: One day, I'm going to steal it and use it as my avatar. :mrgreen: I can understand the obsession over Fahrenheit. I drool over Jiro, too. He amazes me. He can be so fake one moment and retarded the next. Yet, when a scene calls for a heartbreaking moment, he is the only one who can pull it off. (I miss Ah Jin.)

How big will your DVD rips be? Tho' I have tiny pea brain size of computer, I really love to have a better quality DVD raws.

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Sep 9th, '07, 18:06

yeah, sound of icefish is a little.. :lol: i just watched a few episodes againfrom ydy. now ithink ydy has better quality? >_<

and yessss dvd quality raws please but er, what's your estimated size of it? ydy and icefish is about 200 to 250.

Marieluna

Post by Marieluna » Sep 9th, '07, 18:43

I dont cared it its HQ or what ever as long that its a good quality to watch! :roll Im just grateful that their been uploaded and subs :cheers:

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Sep 9th, '07, 18:49

ahh i prefer raws because i dont like english subs for cdramas.. ^^ n o offence to subbers cuz i watch jdramas with subs, but i just think that twdrama is best watched raws for those who understand chinese. :)

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Sep 9th, '07, 20:46

I'm not sure yet how big the files will be. The dvd's are actually gonna arrive while I'm away in Melbourne for Manifest :O I'll have to play around next week with the rips while I'm on holidays :wub: I'll make them as high quality with smaller file sizes as possible :)

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Sep 10th, '07, 04:22

it doesnt need to have best quality. just better that's all. :) enjoy your holidays! ^^

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 16th, '07, 14:50

My little theory on Han:
Han is not Si Ren's daughter or Xia Tian's sister. It was her dying mother attempt to manipulate Si Ren to protect Han. She didn't realize Si Ren would be so weak that he let Han get kidnapped. Afterwards, Han was brainwashed and transformed into Rock Heart Assassin. In the dark realm, she met Lan Ling Wang and became his fiance named Bin Xin. While LLW was away on his missions, Han was pulled out from LLW's household, and placed in Xia Tian's household. Since LLW wasn't home when tragedy strike, he assumed that his fiance was killed with his family. So my theory is Han = Bin Xin, because the two names are almost identical. Han = Freezing. Bin Xin = Ice Heart

SweetNocturne

Post by SweetNocturne » Sep 19th, '07, 02:31

Kumaxell wrote:My little theory on Han:
Han is not Si Ren's daughter or Xia Tian's sister. It was her dying mother attempt to manipulate Si Ren to protect Han. She didn't realize Si Ren would be so weak that he let Han get kidnapped. Afterwards, Han was brainwashed and transformed into Rock Heart Assassin. In the dark realm, she met Lan Ling Wang and became his fiance named Bin Xin. While LLW was away on his missions, Han was pulled out from LLW's household, and placed in Xia Tian's household. Since LLW wasn't home when tragedy strike, he assumed that his fiance was killed with his family. So my theory is Han = Bin Xin, because the two names are almost identical. Han = Freezing. Bin Xin = Ice Heart
That isn't possible though, I think... ><;;
How would you explain Han's genetic analysis to be a demon? I somehow still don't think that Han is really the daughter, or so I hope. But I just can't get my mind on why. About whether Han is Bin Xin, I'm not sure. I think I've read somewhere that we never find out whether Han really is Bin Xin or not. It was either some tv promo or some article. =)

smarty11223

Post by smarty11223 » Sep 22nd, '07, 01:22

doremii rulez.... they r subbin x-family already.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 24th, '07, 18:53

SweetNocturne wrote:
How would you explain Han's genetic analysis to be a demon? I somehow still don't think that Han is really the daughter, or so I hope. But I just can't get my mind on why. About whether Han is Bin Xin, I'm not sure. I think I've read somewhere that we never find out whether Han really is Bin Xin or not. It was either some tv promo or some article. =)
Didn't they mention during the beginning the show that a good Yi Neng Xing Zhe can be demonized by Mojie? That was the case for Yehenala family. So maybe the girl didn't have the gene before, but as a rock heart assassin, the demon gene was incorporated into her DNA.

I love scifi comedy. :wub:

SweetNocturne

Post by SweetNocturne » Sep 25th, '07, 01:58

Kumaxell wrote: Didn't they mention during the beginning the show that a good Yi Neng Xing Zhe can be demonized by Mojie? That was the case for Yehenala family. So maybe the girl didn't have the gene before, but as a rock heart assassin, the demon gene was incorporated into her DNA.

good point! Perhaps that IS the case...and the mother really just lied to Xia Tian's dad about Han being his daughter.
I'm starting to get a bit annoyed at how the series is sorta putting Han and Xiu together even when we all know Han still likes Xia Tian ^__^
hahaa... i love this series =]

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 8th, '07, 23:07

Here is a photo from BANG of Jiro and Shu. I want one of those JIRO ROCK Tees. 8)
Attachments
Jiro and Shu
Jiro and Shu
xfamily39.jpg (46.6 KiB) Viewed 4758 times

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 20th, '07, 01:26

Dong Cheng Wei (東城衛) & a Chord's first music album has music not included in the OST.
Release date: 2007-08-16
Format: rar -> mp3

List:
01.夠愛 / Gou Ai
02.變龍天 (演奏) / Bian Long Tian (instrumental)
03.死人開棺 (演奏) / Si Ren Kai Guan (instrumental)
04.鐵克禁衛軍進行曲 (演奏) / Tie Ke Jin Wei Jun Jing Xing Qu (instrumental)
05.夏之寒 (演奏) / Xia Zhi Han (instrumental)
06.魔三部曲:蒐魂曲、洗魂曲、安魂曲 (演奏) / Mo Shan Bu Qu (instrumental)
07.鐵克無極 (演奏) Tie Ke Wu Di (instrumental)

http://www.badongo.com/file/4098207

Courtesy of grantskip at Game Comic Forum

anythingthatrhymes

Post by anythingthatrhymes » Nov 11th, '07, 21:31

omg i need to watch this
i stopped after ep 43

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Nov 16th, '07, 03:55

This show is addictive. Give me Xia Tian and Han. Give me Xia Mei and Lan Ling Wan. Give me Jiu Wu and a.Chord.
Attachments
Jiro, Han, Aaron, and Calvin
Jiro, Han, Aaron, and Calvin
xfamily.jpg (169.39 KiB) Viewed 4659 times

JaeJoongLover

Post by JaeJoongLover » Nov 20th, '07, 03:08

hey guys i just wanted to ask u guys if any of you might have the song that is sung in the second episode of by The cord. I think it is called 'Enough Love'? Thanks guys!

BTW! I love this show! it is the best after KO One! haha

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Nov 20th, '07, 03:55

Look a few posts up. Kumaxell posted the Dong Cheng Wei mini album. Track one is Guo Ai or Enough Love.

floakatrixie

Post by floakatrixie » Jul 30th, '08, 00:50

If anyone is looking for the raw version in direct download, check out asianvn.com

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jul 30th, '08, 00:56

^
It looks like you're advertising...

sffadsad

Post by sffadsad » Sep 8th, '08, 04:00

Kumaxell wrote:Dong Cheng Wei (東城衛) & a Chord's first music album has music not included in the OST.
Release date: 2007-08-16
Format: rar -> mp3

List:
01.夠愛 / Gou Ai
02.變龍天 (演奏) / Bian Long Tian (instrumental)
03.死人開棺 (演奏) / Si Ren Kai Guan (instrumental)
04.鐵克禁衛軍進行曲 (演奏) / Tie Ke Jin Wei Jun Jing Xing Qu (instrumental)
05.夏之寒 (演奏) / Xia Zhi Han (instrumental)
06.魔三部曲:蒐魂曲、洗魂曲、安魂曲 (演奏) / Mo Shan Bu Qu (instrumental)
07.鐵克無極 (演奏) Tie Ke Wu Di (instrumental)

http://www.badongo.com/file/4098207

Courtesy of grantskip at Game Comic Forum
Could you re-upload this on another site? Whenever I click the download link it says my download should have started automatically, but it never does.

Plz reupload.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 1st, '08, 01:25

this show is nice it shows different sides of jiro and danson

fushigi_tsuki_ryu

Post by fushigi_tsuki_ryu » Feb 3rd, '09, 22:56

SweetNocturne wrote:
Kumaxell wrote: Didn't they mention during the beginning the show that a good Yi Neng Xing Zhe can be demonized by Mojie? That was the case for Yehenala family. So maybe the girl didn't have the gene before, but as a rock heart assassin, the demon gene was incorporated into her DNA.

good point! Perhaps that IS the case...and the mother really just lied to Xia Tian's dad about Han being his daughter.
I'm starting to get a bit annoyed at how the series is sorta putting Han and Xiu together even when we all know Han still likes Xia Tian ^__^
hahaa... i love this series =]
I really hope Han's mother lied to Si Ren about that... I really really love Han and Xia Tian together... as for Han's demon DNA, I agree that the Stone Heart Assassin chip thingy infected her DNA. But, right were I am.... gah, I'm getting frustrated with it a little! :cussing:

Sixcoins

Xia Mei

Post by Sixcoins » Aug 21st, '09, 18:23

I have really enjoyed this drama I have 11 episodes till I seen it all but I find that I'm doing something while watching this I have never done before.
I fast froward or mute this character now I can not stand to listen to her go on and on about little Lin Lin . It has been completely over killed many episodes ago