[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Aug 4th, '07, 02:47

about the spoiler for episode 7......LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Oh dear, some factions in the fangirl community will die of fanservice JOY. I'm taking each episode of HK as it comes, and stuff like that doesn't bother me. Who knew that Shun would be getting all the action in this series?

I'm sure it has something to do with Sano getting drunk, because otherwise, why else would he willingly do that? Sano *is* a kissing monster, after all.

But I have complete faith that in the end, the lips that Sano will be kissing at the end will be Mizuki's.

:cheers:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 4th, '07, 03:44

I'm actually starting to get a bit worried here. They seem to be rehashing old jokes instead of throwing in new comedy and a producing a continuous story line. If they follow along with these fillers, you might see more of "do you have any shampoo" scenes and topless guys in every episode. So far, every episode has had someone guy or other topless if not everyone. Wonder what they're trying to do...it's okay to go ROFL at first but that kinda wears thin. Time for some new jokes?

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 4th, '07, 03:54

^ Indeed.

Everything has a limit.

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » Aug 4th, '07, 04:19

seirin wrote:
Also, he's not the type of person who falls in love with just ANY girl. There's tons of girls after Sano, he's just not interested. Just because Mizuki is a girl doesn't mean he's gonna go love sick over her. Sano's the slow type that needs to build up the relationship.
I agree -- lots of girls are throwig themseleves at him. I think he likes Mizuki's determination and openess. Plus she is very differnt from what the other girls are like. For example

when she ran dispite being injured, when he told her she was annoying and to go away (and she ended up in tears). he kept looking at her empty desk ... then she shows up ... all bubbly. She also tells him what she thinks and is encourages him about his passion, and confronts his shortcomings.
BTW Ainori (well from a several years ago) is kinda like realworld or road rules.

Japanese singles ride along on this van. They travel all over the world doing jobs at the placed they are visiting and spending time together. When you really like someone you make a confession with the possible outcomes of ...

1) The person likes you back and you both return to Japan
2) The person doesn't like you enough, turns you down and continues on the ride but you need to go back to Japan anyway.

BTW you make the whole confession infront of everyone (as they sit waiting with their bags packed in the van to go to their next destination) and the person decides right then and there if they are going or staying. Its kidna intense because you can't really talk to the other person before hand to feel them out about what they might answer. Since you'll be going hom either way people don't make a confession until they either cant stand it or really think the person will go back with them. To be turned down is crushing.

The whole point is to find someone to love. You can stay on the ride as long as you don't confess. They keep journals and stuff and there are a couple of commentors talking about who likes who and such ...

Totally addicting - the few eps (several years ago) I saw I almost died from anticipation then bawled my eyes out in shock.

Sorry for the long explanation
Last edited by SmiLeeGirl on Aug 4th, '07, 04:39, edited 2 times in total.

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 4th, '07, 04:29

waaaah! that episode 7 spoiler completely threw me off!!!

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Aug 4th, '07, 04:31

For now, ill just watch it and see what happens next.

Im kinda excited and yet anxious :P

Who knows what will develop

apartofmylife

Post by apartofmylife » Aug 4th, '07, 06:42

Maki, Shun, and Toma had a nice conversation in a magazine. Some of you might enjoy it too. I tried to translate it! (slangs are difficult for me to translate :cry: There is no spoiler. I hide it cause it is pretty long.
They seem to get along each other. I like they are teasing each other. :D

M: Maki, S:Shun, T:Toma

M: I am often said that they don't know where I am when I'm wearing this uniform....
T: Maki-chan is the only Ikemen who doesn't need absorbent paper for face :lol .
S: Seeing Maki-chan in her other dramas, I worried what if she doesn't talk with me at all , but...
M: I am often said that I seem to be quiet. Actually, being alone is fine with me, but I don't want to waste the three months with you so I have been trying to mingle with you guys.
S: It is a big success!
M: Sometimes I pretend to play innocent, (or ignore) if it is troublesome, though :P .
T: You are TSUNDERE!? :w00t: (Tsundere is a slang, which means..a certain type of girl. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsundere )
M: I just get tired when I am stuck in a studio with all boys all day long.
S: For us, guys, Maki-chan is an idol. :wub: When you aren't there, I miss you.
M: hmm...it is easy to be with only boys in a sense. I can feel free to say what I want. I thought Shun-kun didn't talk much, but he is not like that at all! He keeps talking with his tension and his own pace :D .
T: He is such a bother. :glare:
S: Yes, you are right.....Toma is a mediator. :-)
M: Yes, but he is unexpectedly gloomy. Sometimes I find you to be alone.
T: Yeah, actually I'm gloomy :lol

Question: What would you do if you were in an all boys school or all girls school?

M: I couldn't do it even no matter how hot ikemen I were.
T: I like all girls school, but if I were actually in there, I might be bullied.
M: Cause you are gloomy.
T: Right, I'm gloomy...Huh!? Shut up! :cussing: :lol Oh, Shun-kun and I once wore a wig of woman. (not for the drama, but just for fun.) We looked sooo gross!
M: Shun-kun was cute with the wig!
S: Maki-chan liked me better, but..
T: I've got all guys to fall love in with me! :cheers:
M: No waaaay!!!
T: Shun-kun was wearing a tank top and his upper arms were so thick! :mrgreen:
M: His face was pretty!
S: ..You get into charactor, Mizuki, and you are showing favoritism toward Sano, aren't you? :lol

Maki's coment about the drama:
Righ now, we are like ..an arrow of various thoughts is pointing at various places.
"Where is the arrow going to point at?" will be the most attention from now on.
(It was difficult for me to translate. Hope it makes sense.)
Last edited by apartofmylife on Aug 18th, '07, 03:54, edited 9 times in total.

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 4th, '07, 06:54

@apartofmylife: aaaaah! i like interactions between those three!!!

awww...shun misses maki :wub:

can't imagine him being nervous and all, it's so cute

herachan

Post by herachan » Aug 4th, '07, 07:39

uhmmm where can i see the video? maybe i can embed the subs into the video.

edit: i think i fund it...

is this it?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 4th, '07, 07:56

ahh I'm looking forward to seeing Toma and Shun dress as girls ^^; haha I was hoping they would show that part of the manga. I wonder if they will look cute dressed as girls ^-^ And I wonder what episode that will happen...Sano still owes Mizuki 3 more kisses >_< I hope the kiss with Toma and Yuu doesn't count...

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 4th, '07, 08:16

hahaha shun in a tank top!! I wanna see what hed look like!!!

Im waiting for
The bit where mizuki goes into sanos bed
they better put it in!

apartofmylife

Post by apartofmylife » Aug 4th, '07, 08:42

I am sorry that I made you confused. My English is not so good.... I edited it a little bit to avoid confusion.
herachan wrote:uhmmm where can i see the video? maybe i can embed the subs into the video.

edit: i think i fund it...

is this it?
It is not the video, but an article in a magazine. (Monthly TV listing magazine)
If it were a video, I would say to you , PLEASE!!!
seirin wrote:ahh I'm looking forward to seeing Toma and Shun dress as girls ^^; haha I was hoping they would show that part of the manga. I wonder if they will look cute dressed as girls ^-^ And I wonder what episode that will happen...Sano still owes Mizuki 3 more kisses >_< I hope the kiss with Toma and Yuu doesn't count...
Toma and Shun wore a wig of woman just for fun. They didn't do it for the drama.
Sorry that I made you expect to see it in the drama... But I also would love to see that they are dressed like girls ^_^ Only Maki liked Shun (with the wig) better. I would love Toma better just like the other guys who Shun and Toma showed loved, because I liked Toma with a panty on his head in ep02!

Again, I am sorry.
Last edited by apartofmylife on Aug 4th, '07, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.

F4

Post by F4 » Aug 4th, '07, 09:02

ikemen means good looking guy ne???

thanks for the artical i enjoyed reading it ... it seems maki chan and shun kun enjoying time with each other ne?

thanks again

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 4th, '07, 10:42

apartofmylife wrote:Maki, Shun, and Toma had a nice conversation in a magazine. Some of you might enjoy it too. I tried to translate it! (slangs are difficult for me to translate :cry: There is no spoiler. I hide it cause it is pretty long.
They seem to get along each other. I like they are teasing each other. :D

M: Maki, S:Shun, T:Toma

M: I am often said that they don't know where I am when I'm wearing this uniform....
T: Maki-chan is the only Ikemen who doesn't need absorbent paper for face :lol .
S: Seeing Maki-chan in her other dramas, I worried what if she doesn't talk with me at all , but...
M: I am often said that I seem to be quiet. Actually, being alone is fine with me, but I don't want to waste the three months with you so I have been trying to mingle with you guys.
S: It is a big success!
M: Sometimes I pretend to play innocent, (or ignore) if it is troublesome, though :P .
T: You are TSUNDERE!? :w00t: (Tsundere is a slang, which means..a certain type of girl. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsundere )
M: I just get tired when I am stuck in a studio with all boys all day long.
S: For us, guys, Maki-chan is an idol. :wub: When you aren't there, I miss you.
M: hmm...it is easy to be with only boys in a sense. I can feel free to say what I want. I thought Shun-kun didn't talk much, but he is not like that at all! He keeps talking with his tension and his own pace :D .
T: He is such a bother. :glare:
S: Yes, you are right.....Toma is a mediator. :-)
M: Yes, but he is unexpectedly gloomy. Sometimes I find you to be alone.
T: Yeah, actually I'm gloomy :lol

Question: What would you do if you were in a all boys school or all girls school?

M: I couldn't do it even no matter how hot ikemen I were.
T: I like all girls school, but if I were actually in there, I might be bullied.
M: Cause you are gloomy.
T: Right, I'm gloomy...Huh!? Shut up! :cussing: :lol Oh, Shun-kun and I once wore a wig of woman. (not for the drama, but just for fun.) We looked sooo gross!
M: Shun-kun was cute with the wig!
S: Maki-chan liked me better, but..
T: I've got all guys to fall love in with me! :cheers:
M: No waaaay!!!
T: Shun-kun was wearing a tank top and his upper arms were so thick! :mrgreen:
M: His face was pretty!
S: ..You get into charactor, Mizuki, and you are showing favoritism toward Sano, aren't you? :lol

Maki's coment about the drama:
Righ now, we are like ..an arrow of various thoughts is pointing at various places.
"Where is the arrow going to point at?" will be the most attention from now on.
(It was difficult for me to translate. Hope it makes sense.)
oh thank you so much !!!! :wub: :wub: may I ask ur persmision to repost it on Ikemen_Paradise comm. ?? or if u want to post it urself, pliz feel free !!!

Again thanks for the translation...
omg, I can't believe that Maki actually favored Shun kun over Toma haha :mrgreen: so kawaiiiii~~

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 4th, '07, 12:52

aaaaaah! i can't wait for the drama to end...so that they'll air it here in the phils :) can't imagine how the girls will go crazy over the ikemen :P

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Aug 4th, '07, 12:59

chocodreamer wrote:aaaaaah! i can't wait for the drama to end...so that they'll air it here in the phils :) can't imagine how the girls will go crazy over the ikemen :P
eeh~~ you're from the philippines too? hahahaha! i don't really exactly know how the girls here react to ikemen, i know how jdorama fans react but normal people, i don't know much...hehehe :D

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 4th, '07, 13:03

vina.loves.sushi wrote:
chocodreamer wrote:aaaaaah! i can't wait for the drama to end...so that they'll air it here in the phils :) can't imagine how the girls will go crazy over the ikemen :P
eeh~~ you're from the philippines too? hahahaha! i don't really exactly know how the girls here react to ikemen, i know how jdorama fans react but normal people, i don't know much...hehehe :D
yeah! i'm sure they'll get quite into it, just like what happened to HYD and gokusen (i mean in terms of liking shun, jun, kame, and jin)...aaaaah! i can't wait to see nanba on my tv screen!!!

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Aug 4th, '07, 13:11

chocodreamer wrote:
vina.loves.sushi wrote:
yeah! i'm sure they'll get quite into it, just like what happened to HYD and gokusen (i mean in terms of liking shun, jun, kame, and jin)...aaaaah! i can't wait to see nanba on my tv screen!!!
hmm...i never really knew how people reacts when jdramas are being shown here, i just suddenly see more filipinos join the forums when they were shown, so i guess that's a good reaction right...

someone posted way back on another forum that ABS-CBN will be the one airing hanakimi...but i don't know if that has been confirmed :D

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 4th, '07, 13:15

vina.loves.sushi wrote:
chocodreamer wrote:
vina.loves.sushi wrote:
hmm...i never really knew how people reacts when jdramas are being shown here, i just suddenly see more filipinos join the forums when they were shown, so i guess that's a good reaction right...

someone posted way back on another forum that ABS-CBN will be the one airing hanakimi...but i don't know if that has been confirmed :D
hmmm, yeah, that was kinda what i meant when i referred to reactions...and also you would hear girls in public places gushing over lead actors and actresses...

that's what i heard too...hopefully abs-cbn gets it bcoz they dub better...

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Aug 4th, '07, 13:16

Oh noes, the Filipinos are here. Things will get interesting.

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 4th, '07, 13:27

i think it's cute how the girl that nanba really loved is 5 years older than him :P

dang, they would've looked good together...but she did the right thing by disappearing, or else nanba wouldn't have continued school...

aaaaah! i wanna see more toma, shun, and maki interactions!!!

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Aug 4th, '07, 13:31

XiaoPauli wrote:Oh noes, the Filipinos are here. Things will get interesting.
what does that mean? we've been here for quite some time now :-)

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Aug 4th, '07, 13:48

About the spoiler
This is what i think will happen
They are fighting or something and one thing leads to another and Sano or Yuu fall on eachother and do an exdental kiss

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 4th, '07, 13:53

NanaTorigawa wrote:About the spoiler
This is what i think will happen
They are fighting or something and one thing leads to another and Sano or Yuu fall on eachother and do an exdental kiss
haha! nice one! OR
sano got drunk again :P

apartofmylife

Post by apartofmylife » Aug 4th, '07, 13:54

Nomanymore wrote: oh thank you so much !!!! :wub: :wub: may I ask ur persmision to repost it on Ikemen_Paradise comm. ?? or if u want to post it urself, pliz feel free !!!

Sure! Please feel free to post it :D I am happy you like it!

F4 wrote:ikemen means good looking guy ne???
Yes! It means good looking guy! Their answers are a little strange :sweat:
I think reall ikemen guys don't call themselves Ikemen :wink:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 4th, '07, 15:46

apartofmylife wrote:
Nomanymore wrote: oh thank you so much !!!! :wub: :wub: may I ask ur persmision to repost it on Ikemen_Paradise comm. ?? or if u want to post it urself, pliz feel free !!!

Sure! Please feel free to post it :D I am happy you like it!

F4 wrote:ikemen means good looking guy ne???
Yes! It means good looking guy! Their answers are a little strange :sweat:
I think reall ikemen guys don't call themselves Ikemen :wink:
Thanks~

oh well, it depends, if u're an idol, it's different I guess :roll

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 4th, '07, 18:09

Thanks for the translation apartofmylife ^^; We really appreciate it since we can't really Japanese here :-( It's too bad the directors don't show them dressed as girls, that would be really funny and cute.

apartofmylife, I also wanted to mention the Toma with panty on his head is my favorite scene so far in hanakim ^^; I watched it over so many times. That was so funny and unexpected ^^

chocodreamer, I hope you are right that shun accidentally falls and kiss yuu. They already used the drunk scene so it would be rehashing old jokes. It's not so funny second time around. But knowing the directors, they might use the drunk joke over again ^^; They already used shampoo joke twice.
Last edited by seirin on Aug 4th, '07, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

silentblvd

has anyone checked out maki's official site?

Post by silentblvd » Aug 4th, '07, 18:47

:lol

Because she has a Hana Kimi mini-site attached to her official website, and there are video logs and blogs, some of which talk about filming HK.

Would anyone be interested in translating this particular video? (She talks about episode 6)

http://www.horikita-collection.com/hanakimi/index.html

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Aug 4th, '07, 20:59

gaaaa if i knew japanese i would do it.. but i dont T________T i wanna know what she's saying!

apartofmylife

Re: has anyone checked out maki's official site?

Post by apartofmylife » Aug 5th, '07, 04:04

silentblvd wrote::lol

Because she has a Hana Kimi mini-site attached to her official website, and there are video logs and blogs, some of which talk about filming HK.

Would anyone be interested in translating this particular video? (She talks about episode 6)

Here is a translation for you :D Hope you enjoy it :-)
Maki's coment about ep6:
"Three dorms on bad terms compete again. They hunt for tressure.
As for Mizuki, her parents visit her school on the sudden.
Mizuki keeps it a secret from them (that Mizuki goes to boys school),you know,..so..
As she is careful not to come out to her parents, she does sightseeing and other things with them.
Mizuki was so sad in the last moment of ep5.., but please see how the relationship between Sano and Mizuki will go."

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Aug 5th, '07, 04:11

apartofmylife wrote:

Maki's coment about ep6:
Mizuki keeps it a secret from them (that Mizuki goes to boys school),you know,..so..
As she is careful not to come out to her parents, she does sightseeing and other things with them.
Mizuki was so sad in the last moment of ep5.., but please see how the relationship between Sano and Mizuki will go."
amazing!!! thanks a lot!!!! i wanna watch ep. 6 already!! :-) :lol :roll

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Aug 5th, '07, 04:43

thanks so much for the translation, it's greatly appreciated - and it clears up some questions about the ep 6 preview. :D

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 5th, '07, 04:54

its lucky i can think about hana kimi to get my mind of sad things like the fact that i missed out on getting arashi concert tickets today :(
Thanks for all the translations guys its great to see how the cast really interact with each other ^_^

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 5th, '07, 06:20

thanks for the translation apartofmylife!! :D :wub:

The treasure hunt part was funny ^^; ehehe I wonder if it will be similar to the manga? Hmm..but judging from hanakimi so far, they will probably change it from the manga
In the manga they put the treasure in Umeda's white doctor jacket. Umeda was outside looking for something he dropped/lost and suddenly the whole school is chasing him so he ran like mad LOL Mizuki yells for him to stop running and he yells back "stop chasing me then!!!" LOL They finally caught him football style LOL So everyone was on stop of him and "feeling him up" ahah trying to search for the treasure on him.

susu123

Post by susu123 » Aug 5th, '07, 06:53

First off I'ld like to say I love the Japanese Ver. of Hana Kimi it is so awesome and funny. Plus Ikuta Toma,Maki Horikita and Oguri Shun = OMG HOTNESS. :lol
And another thing I'm uploading all the available eps of Hana Kimi to my website via MU and thought I share it w/ yall. I've uploaded ep 1 so far. okay heres the link to my site. (I've also made some Hana Kimi Avatars ^_^ ..only 7 though)
http//www.shuins-eternal.com

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Aug 5th, '07, 07:29

apartofmylife wrote:
myunoyume wrote:In the drama, they say Nakastu is from Kansai.
For japanese speakers, could you please tell me if Toma spoke the Osaka's accent in the drama ?
I really hate to say this....but....Nakatsu speaks with....tokyo accent.

I hear they chose Toma for Nakatsu because Toma is good at soccer,
but I don't know if it is the reason....

I have never read the manga so it doesn't matter of me at all, but I am sure those who love Manga hate this fact...

I think Toma has been doing really great job!!!! so I hope you still like Toma/Nakatsu!!!
yea i agree, toma has been doing a great job as nakatsu. but i'd like to hear the contrasting osaka accent too. i think an example of the accent would be saying "wakarahen" instead of "wakaranai"...

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 5th, '07, 07:31

thats not specifically osaka though, kyoto too.

he could use the good old nandeyone! though, that would be cool!

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Aug 5th, '07, 07:35

Ayannah wrote:Okay, everyone complaining about the "pointless contests" is really starting to bother me.

Do none of you read the manga? And for those that do, do you not remember how many contests there were in that thing? It was 23 volumes long for a reason, you know. :(

I'm sorry that you all feel they are unneccessary, but if you look at the manga and notice how much of it is filler (and bonus chapters, bonus stories that didn't even include the main characters, etc) then you know WHY all the contests are there.

I honestly really like how they're translating this series from manga to live action. And the episode where Mizuki's brother shows up had enough non-filler scenes to last a lifetime.

Deal with the filler. If you're going to complain about the show, or parts of the show, then don't watch it :(

EDIT: Though, I do have to say, the whole St. Blossom's thing is too much for me. Now THAT is extremely unneccessary.
speaking of fillers.... i really want to see
umeda senseis background arc... i almost forgot about it until i was flipping through the manga yesterday

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 5th, '07, 07:35

apartofmylife wrote:

Maki's coment about ep6:
Thanks for the trans~~ :wub: :wub:

yes, some development for Sano & Mizuki, I hope it's for the best becuz after the preview they quarrel again, argh..

kytoyu

Post by kytoyu » Aug 5th, '07, 19:30

Have to watch 3 episodes... Damn vacations >.<

xfantasee

Post by xfantasee » Aug 5th, '07, 23:47

So far, I'm happy with everything in the show, maybe not that happy with the St. Blossom crazy fan girls but as the show is progressing at such a fast pace (already half way done the series when episode 6 comes out!) I am really hoping they'll have the ball. If they don't have that wonderful Christmas (was it Christmas? I can't remember but the Sano's birhtday ball occasion) party dance I'll be so dissapointed, not to mention that Mizuki hasn't sleep-walked into Sano's bed yet. They can't leave those parts out!!

shyakugan

Post by shyakugan » Aug 5th, '07, 23:58

Does anybody know the name of that DS game Nakatsu was playing in ep 4?

herachan

Post by herachan » Aug 6th, '07, 01:56

you mean the philippines?

@apartofmylife >>no you dont have to be srry its ok. and thanks for translating it ^^

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 6th, '07, 07:41

@herachan: yup :)
xfantasee wrote:So far, I'm happy with everything in the show, maybe not that happy with the St. Blossom crazy fan girls but as the show is progressing at such a fast pace (already half way done the series when episode 6 comes out!) I am really hoping they'll have the ball. If they don't have that wonderful Christmas (was it Christmas? I can't remember but the Sano's birhtday ball occasion) party dance I'll be so dissapointed, not to mention that Mizuki hasn't sleep-walked into Sano's bed yet. They can't leave those parts out!!
i wanna see that!

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » Aug 6th, '07, 09:23

nanikore wrote:
apartofmylife wrote:
myunoyume wrote:In the drama, they say Nakastu is from Kansai.
For japanese speakers, could you please tell me if Toma spoke the Osaka's accent in the drama ?
I really hate to say this....but....Nakatsu speaks with....tokyo accent.

I hear they chose Toma for Nakatsu because Toma is good at soccer,
but I don't know if it is the reason....

I have never read the manga so it doesn't matter of me at all, but I am sure those who love Manga hate this fact...

I think Toma has been doing really great job!!!! so I hope you still like Toma/Nakatsu!!!
yea i agree, toma has been doing a great job as nakatsu. but i'd like to hear the contrasting osaka accent too. i think an example of the accent would be saying "wakarahen" instead of "wakaranai"...
Quick question? When you guys are specifying accents are you talking about ...
1) slang they used specific to a region (maybe related to culture of the area -- like in Hawaii there are a lot of mixed hawaiian words that get thrown into everyones speech.

2) pronunciation or canter changes like -- Southern drawl or Texas Twang or New York Accent (sorry for only american examples). I mean everyone is speaking english and english words but their pronunciation is very different.

3) patterns of speech changes (I guess maybe like how languages develop differently in areas and eventually become unreconizable from the orignal.

Sorry if this question belongs in another place -- I was wondering what you guys were talking about when you are talking about their characterizations. For example are you saying something like this character should be from new york but is speaking with a southern accent?

I guess actors have to work hard to lose their accents when playing different kinds or roles.

Smi

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 6th, '07, 09:46

kindof a mixture of all three points i guess

apartofmylife

Post by apartofmylife » Aug 6th, '07, 11:54

SmiLeeGirl wrote:
Quick question? When you guys are specifying accents are you talking about ...
1) slang they used specific to a region (maybe related to culture of the area -- like in Hawaii there are a lot of mixed hawaiian words that get thrown into everyones speech.

2) pronunciation or canter changes like -- Southern drawl or Texas Twang or New York Accent (sorry for only american examples). I mean everyone is speaking english and english words but their pronunciation is very different.

3) patterns of speech changes (I guess maybe like how languages develop differently in areas and eventually become unreconizable from the orignal.

Sorry if this question belongs in another place -- I was wondering what you guys were talking about when you are talking about their characterizations. For example are you saying something like this character should be from new york but is speaking with a southern accent?

I guess actors have to work hard to lose their accents when playing different kinds or roles.

Smi
I agree with yorokobi. :-)

Quick answer. (I don't know much about it...)

The rough distinction in Japanese accents or dialects are Tokyo, Kansai(west part of japan), Touhoku,(north part of japan).
Each prefecture in kansai has different accents. Each prefecture in Touhoku has different accents as well.
Southern accent (kyuusyuu) is closer to western accent than Touhoku accent. Hokkaidou (it is very north) accent is closer to Touhoku accent than western accent.
Okinawa accent or vocabrualy are very different, I think.
I am from suburb of tokyo, so I speak with Tokyo accent or almost tokyo accent. I think I am speaking with Tokyo accent, but strictly speaking, it might be slightly different.

Some examples of each number.

1) so-so: Tokyo...maa maa, Osaka...bochi bochi
Pretty: Tokyo...kawaii, Osaka.....beppin, Yamagata(a prefecture in north)...Menkoi
Corn: Tokyo...toumorokoshi, Yamagata...Toukibi
Salty: Tokyo...syoppai, Nagasaki(a prefecture in Kyusyu)...karai
(karai means spicy in tokyo. When I ate with my friend from Nagasaki, we were sometimes confused each other.)

2)* Pronounciation is different.
*Western accent and intonation are stronger than Tokyo.
*People form yamagata are not good at saying, Sa, Shi, Su, Se, So.
When they say, "Sushi", it sounds like,"Susu".

3) I don't really understand what 3) means.., but maybe does it mean like this?
English.........You are going to the party, right?
Tokyo..........Party ni iku desyo?
Osaka.........Party ni iku yaro?
Yamagata...Party ni iku be?

Toma speaks with Tokyo accernt, (or Tokyo area),but he is actually from Hokkaidou so his accent on TV is what he has learned.
It would be nicer if he speaks with Osaka accent like in the Manga.
herachan wrote:@apartofmylife >>no you dont have to be srry its ok. and thanks for translating it ^^
Thanks! :D

myunoyume

Post by myunoyume » Aug 6th, '07, 13:13

apartofmylife wrote: Toma speaks with Tokyo accernt, (or Tokyo area),but he is actually from Hokkaidou so his accent on TV is what he has learned.
It would be nicer if he speaks with Osaka accent like in the Manga.
Thanks for this lesson on accents ! you reply exactly to my first question. But Toma is wonderful with his Tokyo accent anyway.... and so funny as well.

:roll Anyway, I don't know if you feel the same as me, but as we are already on 5th episode and looking how thilgs are going "slow", I have the bad impression they want to do a HK season 2.
Do you have same feeling ?

But I don't want 2 seasons... It will be too much long !!! (I am already too much stressed for waiting during 7 days.... :cussing: )

So, what are your impressions ?

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 6th, '07, 13:46

It does kindof seem to be going down that road huh? just like HYD
I dont mind if they have a second season as long as its not too long after the first
i dont want to wait ages either :)

myunoyume

Post by myunoyume » Aug 6th, '07, 15:14

Yorokobi wrote:It does kindof seem to be going down that road huh? just like HYD
I dont mind if they have a second season as long as its not too long after the first
i dont want to wait ages either :)
Me neither, because between HYD and HYD2, it took more than one year.......... :crazy:

can you imagine to wait such a long time for HK ?.... :cry:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 6th, '07, 17:07

ahh I prefer they not have a season 2 just to fill season 1 with fillers... Otherwise, why rush the story so much? I felt HK is kind of rushed and choppy because they skip from one scene to another. Like the summer at Io's house recently. They spend about a week there I think. Every contest you notice Kayashima dressed differently because its a different day. You just don't notice they're different days because they only the contest part of each day.

Also in the first episode, the jump from her just getting into school, settling down and suddenly a contest pops up and she's already settled in. It's kind of good, cuz its fast paced so you won't get bored...but second season? :crazy:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 6th, '07, 17:21

I'm not against for a 2nd season but as many said, I think HK producer doesn't plan it, if they did, they shouldn't have rushed everything in Season 1.. So I think they try to manage to finish HK in 1 season.

Unless... they want to write a different story for Season 2 but I doubt it might happen. well let's wait & see.

myunoyume

Post by myunoyume » Aug 6th, '07, 17:48

OMG ! I was wandering on HK official website (here: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/hanakimi/index.html ) and I went on special page... Click on Yojiro and you will find a lot of special videos...

Click on Video number 10 and watch out the funny presentation of all characters...

but the most interesting moment is the end, right after Maki made her show (it makes me think of Kurosagi ending...) LOOK at Shun's face... He is teasing Maki and it is so lovely.

I tried to make few captions but I only managed to get 2 screenshots... so to enjoy it the most, look at the mini video...

and here the captions:

Kawaii desu ne ?!

RedDragon88

Post by RedDragon88 » Aug 6th, '07, 18:45

AHHHH~!!!
I really can't wait for eps 6~!!
To kill some time I have been searching for other HK stuff
like the manga for exampe...

I found this awsome/very cute clip
from behind the scene's and a short seduction from Oguri (Sano)
and nakatsu's attempt :P hahaha BAKA~!!!!

please enjoy~! :lol
Dozo > http://www.veoh.com/videos/v749176trjQhWB2

Kai200X

Post by Kai200X » Aug 6th, '07, 19:02

Can I ask you guys for some advise? :unsure:

Some people told me some fansub group actually hold back subbing for a week or stop subbing entirely because they find their softsub upload to steaming sites. I am pretty sure many of you have already seen Hana Kimi ep1 to 5 been uploaded to steaming site with my softsub. Even though I did made a request in my sub thread that I don't recommend anyone to upload them, but needless to say not everyone will listen. Now, some suggested I should stop for awhile, but I don't really want to do that... what do you guys think? :blink

epi

Post by epi » Aug 6th, '07, 19:23

Kai200X wrote:Can I ask you guys for some advise? :unsure:

Some people told me some fansub group actually hold back subbing for a week or stop subbing entirely because they find their softsub upload to steaming sites. I am pretty sure many of you have already seen Hana Kimi ep1 to 5 been uploaded to steaming site with my softsub. Even though I did made a request in my sub thread that I don't recommend anyone to upload them, but needless to say not everyone will listen. Now, some suggested I should stop for awhile, but I don't really want to do that... what do you guys think? :blink
I remember there was one person who did a sub for a certain TW series and she did put a warning saying that no one should upload her videos (she did a hardsub) on any streaming sites. I believe she actually kept track of the names of the people who uploaded her work on to a streaming sites. She continued working on the subs but she did not post them until all the videos uploaded on streaming sites were taken down. She even put their names in her website so that a lot of people know the names of those who caused her not to upload any more subbed videos.

So in my opinion it will actually be up to you on how harsh a lesson you want to teach all those people who uploaded the Hana Kimi videos using your soft sub. I think it is actually a very rude thing to do to upload videos on to streaming sites without the subber's permission ... because in the first place the owner of the sub is not them but you and everyone should respect what you wish ...

I can tell that you are really a nice person ... and a very forgiving one (I think 8) ) so it's up to you what you want to do. If you do decide to stop subbing for awhile I'll know that it's not because you don't want to sub the series anymore but it's because people keep on stealing your subs ... and no one has the right to blame you for that ...

xfantasee

Post by xfantasee » Aug 6th, '07, 20:06

So like I know how the Julia arc has been excluded and I think episode 6 is the Gil... like Gilbert (Her American friend that's blonde if some people don't know) arc but that Gil has been excluded! Like it would take a lot of work to go to America just to film like one episode so I think the producers made it so her parents went to Japan instead. Also, it would be hard to find a blonde for the show, since the couldn't include Julia into it either.

Meili1978

Post by Meili1978 » Aug 6th, '07, 20:19

I know its going to sound selfish for me to actually ask Kai to keep on subbing and in the mean time those retard keep on stealing her subs and posting in on streaming sites. Without Kai there will be no subs. I agree with epi. Its all up to you Kai. I think stop subbing will also hurt your fans :cry: . I hope there are better ways for you to teach the retards a lesson. Thanks so much for all your hard work :salut:

XoX

Post by XoX » Aug 6th, '07, 20:31

Hi everyone!
I've been lurking here for a while reading everyone's opinions on the series and such... now I'm coming out of my shell.
I honestly want to thank Kai SOOO much for all of your hard work subbing this series!
I've actually seen a couple of uploaders uploading this series with your softsubs,
however i've also seen them credit you too (well at the end of the video of course).
It is also natural for people to credit and thank the uploader because they don't really read the ending credits to see who ACTUALLY worked on the subs...
I also selfishly want you to continue subbing this series (sorry... gambatte Kai!!)
I also hope that this problem becomes resolved really soon!
On a lighter note, ep 6 airs TOMORROW!

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Aug 6th, '07, 22:43

Yes! We will have to wait till tomorrow for ep. 6!! Wehh...Ep. 5 was a bit ridiculous though. lol my cousin was like...'are you watching porn'? I dont blame her; on my screen are like 20 half naked men prancing around. LOL NOt that I didnt enjoy it. My family misunderstood me!!! lol. It was a good epiode still, can't wait till the next. It seems really interesting. Maybe:
she'll start falling for natasku and then sano will get jealous. That's a possibility!
^That would be totally awesome! As for the preview for episode 6- YAY!!! So interesting.

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Aug 6th, '07, 22:51

hmmm...some subbers (i think) asked the uploaders for dramas (with their subs) to be removed from streaming sites...i think that's what happened it liar game, he removed the videos cause the people were so annoying and too demanding plus they didn't have any permission...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 6th, '07, 22:53

euniceng446 wrote:
she'll start falling for natasku and then sano will get jealous. That's a possibility!
Umm...not possible. ^^; That never happened and never will. She just doesn't want to be alone with Sano at the time because of what happened end of ep5.

apartofmylife, would you be so kind to translate this? Thanks~~ :wub:

http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/hanakimi/interview/main02.html

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Aug 6th, '07, 22:57

^Eh it's just a quick guess. Since she's not in love with sano yet and maybe because she was alone with natasku she'll see something in him. This drama doesnt go accordingly with the manga or the taiwanese drama so it could happen. Maybe not LOVE LOVE but i guess just sparks or something. Not that it couldn't EVER happen. So yeah.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 6th, '07, 23:12

euniceng446 wrote:^Eh it's just a quick guess. Since she's not in love with sano yet and maybe because she was alone with natasku she'll see something in him. This drama doesnt go accordingly with the manga or the taiwanese drama so it could happen. Maybe not LOVE LOVE but i guess just sparks or something. Not that it couldn't EVER happen. So yeah.
I can assure u that no matter how much fans luve Nakatsu character & root for his relation with Mizuki, the last will NOT ever think of him in a romantic way..
Beside, Mizuki "loves" Sano .Just that she doesn't know it yet, it's like being blinded by her sense of responsibility over Sano's injury. Even how far the script writers change the drama from the manga, I'm sure they will never dare to change the feelings Sano & Mizuki have for each other from the beginning till the end.

Nakatsu could be her best friend but nothing more.

As someone said before, in next eps, Mizuki will probably try to avoid Sano becuz of wat she's seen in last eps. She may try not to be alone with Sano, hence she tells Nakatsu to stay in their room. I think Nakatsu will recognize it soon & that's why he calls Mizuki out later to meet Sano.

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Aug 6th, '07, 23:16

^Eh. i guess you're kinda right but it COULD in like a billion chance but then change quickly because she realizes it's not love. okay- im getting overboard. Besides, i don't want her to end up with nakatsu not that it would happen

ysetiawa

Post by ysetiawa » Aug 6th, '07, 23:21

I totally understand. Maybe you can try by putting stronger warning on every episode that are released (like what DoReMii did for Hotaru no Hikari)? Also maybe as fans, we can send pm to the uploaders, if we happen to find one, just a kind reminder telling them, in case they didn't read the subbers' request/warning? If gentle reminders don't do it, then, it's certainly up to you. It's your hardwork, I totally respect it and appreciate it.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 6th, '07, 23:44

euniceng446 wrote:^Eh. i guess you're kinda right but it COULD in like a billion chance but then change quickly because she realizes it's not love. okay- im getting overboard. Besides, i don't want her to end up with nakatsu not that it would happen

uhm, his character seems too silly to Mizuki, plus her mind is full of Sano right now, I dun't think she has place to think of sthing else or has time to see Nakatsu's feeling for her.
So the chance is 0.

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Aug 6th, '07, 23:47

^I KNOW! That's what i'm saying. -_-''

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Aug 6th, '07, 23:54

On the Nakatsu front-- I think that Mizuki will never be attracted to him in that way. She may waver and be uncertain about certain things every now and then, but I personally don't think it has to do with her feelings towards Nakatsu, but regarding her feelings towards Sano and how that affects her relationships with other people. The drama MAY hint at something in Nakatsu's direction, but when it comes down to it, it's a romantic story about Mizuki and Sano.

But I'm a huge Nakatsu fan so I won't lie when I say that I'm a tad disappointed at that :P

KuriousKutiexoxo

Post by KuriousKutiexoxo » Aug 7th, '07, 00:21

Well, if you asked me if you should stop subbing for a while until people stop spreading your subs, I would say, "NO, PLEASE DON'T!" But I am a mature person who looks at both sides of the problem, and so I would have to say yes, you should stop until people know that you would take action. I know I wouldn't want people spreading my stuff away. (like my download links >_____< **grrr**) ...Anyway! You should do that if you find someone not listening to your rules. But just to tell you, every site I go to, they all linked the subs to your topic instead of just uploading it. ^__________^ By the way, thank you for all your hard work~♥

<33Teresa♥

lunas

Post by lunas » Aug 7th, '07, 00:38

I agree with KuriousKutiexoxo said. The decision is up to you Kai200X. I am sure many fan out there do not feel the same way, hopefully this will not going to start a war like the Papa subtitle thread. :D

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Aug 7th, '07, 01:26

lunas wrote:I agree with KuriousKutiexoxo said. The decision is up to you Kai200X. I am sure many fan out there do not feel the same way, hopefully this will not going to start a war like the Papa subtitle thread. :D
Which is why someone will need to freeze this thread if u decide to hold off...

But Kai200x remember how crazy people went when you were 1 day late for your subs. If you hold off for a week, its prolly gonna be 300000000x worse lol

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 7th, '07, 02:09

well people will just have to cope, i can understand kai getting nnoyed and we will have to bear with whatever decision he makes.
By the way it may be my imagination but you know the scene in the preview where miyuki holds nakatsu shirt and asks him to stay a little bit longer. Isn't that exact scene in the manga?
Also I thought it wasnt just because of what happened at the end of last weeks episode but also because she has another fight with sano and is upset and blaming herself which is where nakatsu comes in to comfort her.
But this is all mere speculation and i could be completely wrong ^_^

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Aug 7th, '07, 02:28

Kai, I think you should first of all, evaluate the case. I don't really know, but is there A LOT of ppl redistributing your subs? Well, I don't know how "a lot" is, so yeah, it's up to you :O I mean if it's people that always redistribute subs from other people (like, for other dramas too), then you decide whether to stop the subs or not. But if it's some "newbies" to the redistributing thingy, maybe, try send them a notice for them to take it down, but again, you make your choice if they don't care about your notices. Now, if you're asking me, a fan of hana kimi, I'll honestly hope you DON'T stop subbing :P but I understand how it can get frustrating when you are the one who owns those subs...
Plus, sometimes, people think all they need to do is to credit, did you check if those people actually wrote somewhere the crediting? If yes, then maybe, they skim the rules a bit too fast...

So briefly, you be the judge and see if those people actually show you some respect; even if it's not what you wish for, you could try judging if there is some tiny bitsy bit of respect in your work or they simply took it and post it everywhere. Because you know, Internet...it's not like stopping the subs will actually make them stop redistributing. They might as well, redistribute those subs once you get back from the ''hiatus''. Internet is too wide for us to stop those person.

back to Hana Kimi :D ...

I think the preview of Episode 6 in the end of ep.5 made us anticipate too much for ep.6 I remember I was jumping up and down when at the end of ep. 4, they showed Mizuki being somehow "kidnapped" but after watching it, it was bleh ... and when it comes to those meaningul cute scenes they wouln't even preview it for us, so don't put to much expectation when you watch the preview :glare: it's up there for "nothing", lol.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Aug 7th, '07, 02:37

kai, u should delay for 2-3 days and give a warning to stop uploading to streams