[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
nitelite

Post by nitelite » Aug 2nd, '07, 06:35

I'm reading the manga now, and I'm totally liking the drama's version of events way better! It just makes more sense that Ashiya was involved in the accident that ultimately caused Sano to quit the high jump. I love it! Can't wait to see what happens next! You never know with these dramas sometimes, since they don't exactly follow the manga like how the Taiwanese tend to do it.

And Shun looks waay better in here than he does in HYD. I like his hair black and long and he looks much more manlier.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Aug 2nd, '07, 06:37

chocodreamer wrote:OMG!!! i found really hot maki pics!
credits: a-nesuto @ jdorama.com
theres some nice pics of maki in the current issue of Junon

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Aug 2nd, '07, 06:42

crabbyrat wrote:
Yorokobi wrote:Ok I have some information for you Toma fans (Shun fans too)
- Shun and Toma have a song! It is MC Hammer's Can't touch this! Apparently Toma was doing a really funny dance to it (Shun may have danced too but im not entirely sure)
- Shun and his manager and Toma and his manager often go out together for meals and what not (the like hamburgers)
- Toma is the life of the party! when just Shun and Maki are together they don't talk much and then Toma comes along and they all have fun talking and laughing together.
- If you like Green Day and you like Toma then you guys like the same music! Shun broke Tomas computer when taking music off it for his new ipod (stopped at green day ^_^) Shun says it wasn't his fault though
- Johnny's members have lots of interaction with each other, yesterday Toma got a text from Hey! Say! 7 to say please listen to out new cd (how cute)
- Shun says Toma is a really good guy!

Well thats it from me hope this gives you guys a little insight into toma hehe ^_^
Wow!! I always get excited when I learn new Toma news :lol Toma is apparently really easy to get along with and is super fun to hang out with, so I don't blame them for feeling at ease when Toma is around.

Green Day's one of my favorite bands! (don't laugh) I know he really likes rock music a lot (including Red Hot Chili Peppers--not my cup of tea though). I think it's so cute how well the three of them get along together!
i want to hang out with toma too! :lol (but then again dont we all)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 2nd, '07, 06:59

I think it's cuz Shun and Maki aren't close so he doesn't really know what to say. And Shun doesn't seem to be the joker type? Dunno. Anyhow he seems bad at pick up lines. And in the all night nippon with F4, Maki said Shun was kinda cold when they met. She was at the vending machine and saw Shun. She said Hi I'm Mao and he just goes "hi" and walks away. Maybe he gets along better with other guys?

ahh I always wonder how Toma and Yamapi are such good friends. Yamapi seems like the shy quiet type but Toma seems to be the loud playful type. Opposites attract? ^^

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 2nd, '07, 07:03

Maybe hes just one of those people that takes a while to warm up to strangers

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Aug 2nd, '07, 07:05

seirin wrote:I think it's cuz Shun and Maki aren't close so he doesn't really know what to say. And Shun doesn't seem to be the joker type? Dunno. Anyhow he seems bad at pick up lines. And in the all night nippon with F4, Maki said Shun was kinda cold when they met. She was at the vending machine and saw Shun. She said Hi I'm Mao and he just goes "hi" and walks away. Maybe he gets along better with other guys?

ahh I always wonder how Toma and Yamapi are such good friends. Yamapi seems like the shy quiet type but Toma seems to be the loud playful type. Opposites attract? ^^
oh yeah i remember the all night nippon...i still find that part funny, but mao said jun was worse than shun when she introduced herself...i think they started to get closer during HYD2 but i'm getting off topic, so yeah...

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 07:24

yeah...from what i see, shun doesn't seem to have that open personality, seems out of his character to be this friendly chit-chatty guy, he seems to be someone who really needs to know a person better before he lets u see his goofy side...and also maki seems to be a shy, refined girl...so if u put those two together, there might be a little awkwardness...as opposed to toma's personality, even when i was listening to the radioshow, toma really lightens up the mood...

tomapi, hehe...i think toma's personality rubs off on pi whenever they're together as pi is usually the serious, 'expressionless' (as jin said) type of guy :P

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Aug 2nd, '07, 08:00

chocodreamer wrote:yeah...from what i see, shun doesn't seem to have that open personality, seems out of his character to be this friendly chit-chatty guy, he seems to be someone who really needs to know a person better before he lets u see his goofy side...and also maki seems to be a shy, refined girl...so if u put those two together, there might be a little awkwardness...as opposed to toma's personality, even when i was listening to the radioshow, toma really lightens up the mood...

tomapi, hehe...i think toma's personality rubs off on pi whenever they're together as pi is usually the serious, 'expressionless' (as jin said) type of guy :P
sou, i think so too... :D

phenally

Post by phenally » Aug 2nd, '07, 08:06

chocodreamer wrote:yeah...from what i see, shun doesn't seem to have that open personality, seems out of his character to be this friendly chit-chatty guy, he seems to be someone who really needs to know a person better before he lets u see his goofy side...and also maki seems to be a shy, refined girl...so if u put those two together, there might be a little awkwardness...as opposed to toma's personality, even when i was listening to the radioshow, toma really lightens up the mood...

is yamapi the serious , expressionless type of person?? I always thought he is funny, happy-go-lucky , silly sweet kind of guy??

I think thats wat attract us to shun since he always seems cold /quiet but charming at the same ti me.. I wouldnt want to see shun behaving like toma !!! totally out of character ! :P

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 08:16

phenally wrote:

is yamapi the serious , expressionless type of person?? I always thought he is funny, happy-go-lucky , silly sweet kind of guy??

I think thats wat attract us to shun since he always seems cold /quiet but charming at the same ti me.. I wouldnt want to see shun behaving like toma !!! totally out of character ! :P
that's what pi said so himself...he doesn't show his emotions that much...jin even described him as that in the mr. X show segment :)

yeah, i think it wouldn't suit shun at all if he has toma's personality...part of why we like him is bcoz he's a bit indifferent and mysterious :)
Last edited by chocodreamer on Aug 2nd, '07, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 2nd, '07, 08:20

Not sure if people want the inset song. I uploaded it.

Ai Kawashima - My Love
http://www.sendspace.com/file/iof5kh

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Aug 2nd, '07, 08:22

im leaving japan on saturday =(
so i did my last minute shoppings today (though ill probably go pick up more stuff tomorrow too :sweat: )

if you dont know, the HanaKImi manga is in the process of being rereleased in a special edition type thing in celebration of the TV dorama. i think itll be released in a total of 12 volumes. i bought vol 3 today... i want to buy all 6 that are out right now (and go figure, vol 7 and 8 come out the day i leave).

tsukushi

Post by tsukushi » Aug 2nd, '07, 09:39

luv the new edition covers

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Aug 2nd, '07, 09:42

oh, that's really cool!

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Aug 2nd, '07, 11:37

subs for ep 5 are out!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: kai is the best!

jnieta11

Post by jnieta11 » Aug 2nd, '07, 12:19

Thanks for ur hard work :thumleft:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Aug 2nd, '07, 12:28

jnieta11 wrote:Thanks for ur hard work :thumleft:
kai is amazing isn`t it?he`s the fastest subber i know! :alcoholic:

ManweVaire

Post by ManweVaire » Aug 2nd, '07, 12:35

phenally wrote:

I always thought of shun as the hyper and happy guy.. :) at least that's how he always is when he's with jun.. :lol shun and jun moments are just love! whenever they laugh together, it just comes off as genuine.. :) and when shun is drunk, jun is the one to take pictures.. :lol

you can tell by the interviews that toma is a really nice guy.. :)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 2nd, '07, 14:08

ManweVaire wrote:
phenally wrote:

I always thought of shun as the hyper and happy guy.. :) at least that's how he always is when he's with jun.. :lol shun and jun moments are just love! whenever they laugh together, it just comes off as genuine.. :) and when shun is drunk, jun is the one to take pictures.. :lol

you can tell by the interviews that toma is a really nice guy.. :)
I don't know if Shun is so hyper or not. But he looks kind of reserved when he's with people he's not close with or maybe just girls? He seems to act pretty outgoing with guys.

About yamapi being serious, I think he's also shy? He doesn't even have much to talk about with his own mom. I saw the Hakone and pi trip. Tackey tried to give him so much ideas but pi kinda ruins his plans :P

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 2nd, '07, 14:25

seirin wrote:
crabbyrat wrote:
kozumifan wrote:
hahaha he is gay ne??! xD i luv nanba!! :wub: :wub:
Hmm according to the manga, Nakao is straight, but just happens to like Nanba, or something like that. Kind of like defying gender boundaries. Don't blame him either for liking Nanba :P And of course the drama deviates from the manga, so he could be full gay in this version :D
Hmm..I don't know. I got the impression Nakao was gay in the manga? He never took any interest in girls and he even confessed his love to Nanba near the end but Nanba rejected him cuz he likes girls exclusively. (manga version)
are you guys talking about the guy from dorm 1??? that's nakao right? he's from dorm 2....

i was asking about the one who is hanging around the sempai of the karate club. i made a back read, so i just want to ask again if he is in the series? coz i think he isn't in it. just wana make sure by asking the right people... :D

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Aug 2nd, '07, 14:30

Shun IS hyper! I love to see him in shows and interviews! Maybe Jun takes the pictures when he is drunk but when is Jun the drunk one Shun is the one to take him home! I'd love to cross their group one night LOL

I come with a strange request! I need a wallpaper(i'd use the oficial photo but it lacks Toma and the one i have with Toma is quite bad) for the time i'll record the dorama to dvd, any idea where i can get a good one??

And finally it's 11 or 12 episodes? and where can i get the titles?Thanks!

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Aug 2nd, '07, 14:37

wow. that's (odd) WELL, people are different.
But i always think of them as they are in the dramas. Take hideaki takizawa as an example. Is he really that freaky in SOS?

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 15:09

suddenly i want a drama with maki, pi, and toma in it...two friends inlove with the same girl :P

hardy har har

Post by hardy har har » Aug 2nd, '07, 15:17

chocodreamer wrote:suddenly i want a drama with maki, pi, and toma in it...two friends inlove with the same girl :P
I feel like the Sano character could be interchangeable between Yamapi and Shun.

phenally

Post by phenally » Aug 2nd, '07, 15:19

oh? Is shun and jun close?? matsumoto jun???

hmm i never see any tv shows with jun and shun together (i mean games show, interview and stuff ... )

I know both of them are in HYD ... but never know shun and jun are close in real life.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Aug 2nd, '07, 15:26

phenally wrote:oh? Is shun and jun close?? matsumoto jun???

hmm i never see any tv shows with jun and shun together (i mean games show, interview and stuff ... )

I know both of them are in HYD ... but never know shun and jun are close in real life.
and they both were in gokusen season 1! :P plus in hyd 2 the producers wanted to replace shun as rui with someone else and jun said if shun wasn`t going to be rui he won`t play tsukasa either!so yep they`re close :P :-) there were some paparazzi pictures with jun shun and mao out shopping and so on!and there were some nice interviews with jun,shun and the other f4 plus mao and they were pretty funny :mrgreen:
shun also invited jun in one of his radio shows!i saw the translation for that they we`re so so so so funny :lol :lol :lol :lol

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 15:42

waaaaah! i miss shun's hair in HYD2...

can't wait to watch episode 5 with subs...and relive all those crazy ikemen moments :P
Last edited by chocodreamer on Aug 2nd, '07, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Aug 2nd, '07, 15:44

chocodreamer wrote:waaaaah! i miss shun's hair in HYD2...

can't wait to wait the episode 5 with subs...and relive all those crazy ikemen moments :P
the subs are out!check out the subs thread!
yep shun`s hair was so much better in hyd2<3but here he had to be exactly as sano in the manga and from what i`ve seen he had black hair :P

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 2nd, '07, 15:49

chocodreamer wrote:suddenly i want a drama with maki, pi, and toma in it...two friends inlove with the same girl :P
tsk tsk, must be fate :lol did they realize that both had 'similar' role with Maki as co-star which brings both huge success ?! :D
I can forsee Maki with a career along with those Johnny boys for at least few more yrs haha
Last edited by Nomanymore on Aug 2nd, '07, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 15:49

lee`s little alien wrote:
chocodreamer wrote:waaaaah! i miss shun's hair in HYD2...

can't wait to wait the episode 5 with subs...and relive all those crazy ikemen moments :P
the subs are out!check out the subs thread!
yep shun`s hair was so much better in hyd2<3but here he had to be exactly as sano in the manga and from what i`ve seen he had black hair :P
i know :) what i meant was i can't wait for it to be uploaded, coz i really can't download vids :P

Molenir

Post by Molenir » Aug 2nd, '07, 15:57

Ok, enjoying the show so far but wow, the ending of episode 5, So Dumb! The whole competition on the beach, Really stupid! I'd call this entire episode a filler if it wasn't for it finally introducing the Docs Sister, and Namba's Mom. Enjoyed the bikini girls though.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 2nd, '07, 16:41

biniBningPunkista wrote:
seirin wrote:
crabbyrat wrote:
Hmm according to the manga, Nakao is straight, but just happens to like Nanba, or something like that. Kind of like defying gender boundaries. Don't blame him either for liking Nanba :P And of course the drama deviates from the manga, so he could be full gay in this version :D
Hmm..I don't know. I got the impression Nakao was gay in the manga? He never took any interest in girls and he even confessed his love to Nanba near the end but Nanba rejected him cuz he likes girls exclusively. (manga version)
are you guys talking about the guy from dorm 1??? that's nakao right? he's from dorm 2....

i was asking about the one who is hanging around the sempai of the karate club. i made a back read, so i just want to ask again if he is in the series? coz i think he isn't in it. just wana make sure by asking the right people... :D
No, I didn't notice Kadoma in the drama. He's not even on the drama wiki list.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hanazakari_no_Kimitachi_e

As for Pi doing Sano...I don't know...Is he gonna do those (IMO silly) hand gestures? (pi fans will probably kill for me saying it LOL I don't like his hand gestures). Anyhow I think Sano is taller so he fits the high jumper role more.

I agree with episode 5 seeming like a filler. I prefer the manga scenerio when they went to do part time at nanba's mom's place better. This one doesn't give much insight to the characters or the story other than introducing nanba's mom and his ex-gf, IO finding out mizuki is a girl and Sano's first attempt at high jumping again.

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 16:55

i can't imagine pi being sano...but i would like to see him in another drama with maki and toma...it would be nice to see the two friends working together :)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 2nd, '07, 17:06

woa Tomapi & Tomaki as drama team ? *faint*

I dun't think I can handle 1 Akira, now we have 2, argh Mizuki wun't be able to handle it either ^^; lol

On the other hand, Tomaki in another drama is a good surprise/present to all Nakat & Mizuki fan LoL
*just like Akira & Nobuta time akaka*

hardy har har

Post by hardy har har » Aug 2nd, '07, 17:09

chocodreamer wrote:i can't imagine pi being sano...but i would like to see him in another drama with maki and toma...it would be nice to see the two friends working together :)
seirin wrote: As for Pi doing Sano...I don't know...Is he gonna do those (IMO silly) hand gestures? (pi fans will probably kill for me saying it LOL I don't like his hand gestures).
Well from what I've been hearing, Pi is a natural expressionless bastard and haven't you seen him in Kurosagi?

Kurosagi = Sano

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 17:15

Nomanymore wrote:woa Tomapi & Tomaki as drama team ? *faint*

I dun't think I can handle 1 Akira, now we have 2, argh Mizuki wun't be able to handle it either ^^; lol

On the other hand, Tomaki in another drama is a good surprise/present to all Nakat & Mizuki fan LoL
*just like Akira & Nobuta time akaka*
LOL imagine having 2 hyperactive-cute guys in one drama...

yeah i would like to see more tomaki in the future :)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 2nd, '07, 17:37

hardy har har wrote:
chocodreamer wrote:i can't imagine pi being sano...but i would like to see him in another drama with maki and toma...it would be nice to see the two friends working together :)
seirin wrote: As for Pi doing Sano...I don't know...Is he gonna do those (IMO silly) hand gestures? (pi fans will probably kill for me saying it LOL I don't like his hand gestures).
Well from what I've been hearing, Pi is a natural expressionless bastard and haven't you seen him in Kurosagi?

Kurosagi = Sano
I haven't seen Kurosagi, but I saw pi in nobuta and prodai. I finished nobuta bug I gave up on prodai, it was irritating. Pi is expressionless, but he always does these silly hand gestures. In nobuta it was something different and interesting, but then he was doing it in prodai which I thought was seeing akira all over again rather than a new character in a different drama. I dunno about Kurosagi, but expressionless can mean described in many ways and acted differently (cold, shy, dull, etc) In Sano's case expressionless is being cool/aloft. I didn't find pi the cool type nobuta or prodai. He seemed kind of like a (sorry for saying this...) a follower (nobuta) and loser (prodai).

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 18:13

@hardy: sano does remind me of kurosagi...in the way they treat the female lead that is...

@seirin: i'm sure pi just didn't do those hand gestures bcoz he wanted to, maybe the director told him to do that...we all know actors and actresses are like puppets in a way who follow director's orders and do what the script says...

waaaaaah, another week to endure before the next episode!!!

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Aug 2nd, '07, 19:46

seirin wrote:
hardy har har wrote:

Kurosagi = Sano
I haven't seen Kurosagi, but I saw pi in nobuta and prodai. I finished nobuta bug I gave up on prodai, it was irritating. Pi is expressionless, but he always does these silly hand gestures. In nobuta it was something different and interesting, but then he was doing it in prodai which I thought was seeing akira all over again rather than a new character in a different drama. I dunno about Kurosagi, but expressionless can mean described in many ways and acted differently (cold, shy, dull, etc) In Sano's case expressionless is being cool/aloft. I didn't find pi the cool type nobuta or prodai. He seemed kind of like a (sorry for saying this...) a follower (nobuta) and loser (prodai).
Then you should go watch Kurosagi; maybe your imageof Pi will change a bit :) He wasn't bad at all in it, cold (yeah, a bit like Sano), but he never really raise his voice... In Nobuta WP, he was acting like someone who doesn't care about how others perceive him. With that, those hand gestures were just there to somehow demonstrate a carefree, funny side of him. In prodai, I must admit, the character itself wasn't so wow... and I'm pretty sure the director wanted fans to see 'Akira' through the character (Which I forgot the name; I watched the first and last ep. of that drama, just so you know how I LOVEd it :glare: ), but the character just couldn't be Akira since it was supposed to be somehow...the quiet type..
A follower? Hmm, maybe not. The drama was mainly focused on friendship, right? If Kame and Pi weren't ''runnning after Nobuta'' to help her, than no drama to watch :lol

BACK to the topic of Hana Kimi 8)

I just watched ep. 5 with sub!! anyways, some comments on it :D
spoilers in purple .. .

The episode was so funny with the contest and how the guy from Dorm 1 got all beaten up, BUT everything came back to normal like, 5 seconds after! Of course, who would have missed the scene where Nakatsu imagined Mizuki in a bikini! Anyways, overall, I enjoy what most people enjoy ... BUT it was of course, lacking Sano's scenes !! Like I said earlier (well, pages earlier) all the coming back to the track team was not convincing at all .. . Why the bow? And why does he have to prove that he can jump like before so fast? He just joined back...what are the guys expecting? bleh, I kinda skip those Sano's scenes a bit ... too slow and draggy, but NOT BECAUSE SHUN CAN'T ACT!! but more likely that there was nothing iinteresting in watching it.

After seeing the preview of ep.6, I wonder if Mizuki will develop some sort feeling with Nakatsu ... which will surely confused his orientation even more :P What was Sano yelling at Mizuki :cry: Can someone roughly translate me that part?

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 20:18

yay! i'm finally watching with subs (thank u kai!!!)

just noticed that when mizuki and nanba's mom were in the water, talking about nanba's relation to the school doctor, the pic they used was that of nanba sticking out his tongue, heheh :P

The Artist

Post by The Artist » Aug 2nd, '07, 20:36

I started watching this drama I think the first two eps was good, but whats with Black people kidnapping and slashing Sano's Achiles tendon, that was kinda disppointing way to show why the girl is indebted to him. I will keep watching because it's funny Nakatsu=Hankyul in Coffee prince he is even funnier.

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 20:43

LOL i didn't notice at first that kayashima wears different clothes in every challenge :P

BxLibra

Post by BxLibra » Aug 2nd, '07, 21:08

The Artist wrote:I started watching this drama I think the first two eps was good, but whats with Black people kidnapping and slashing Sano's Achiles tendon, that was kinda disppointing way to show why the girl is indebted to him.
That kinda reminded me of the first episode of Hana Yori Dango 2 but its ok because in ep 5 of hanakimi they show
the black kid "Bob-san" interacting with the cast and even speaking japanese
oh yeah and ps: in that episode explaining Sano's injury there was a hispanic guy along with the 2 black guys so don't take it to heart its kinda like how the US show asians on tv as the highly intelligent one

so yeah its cool just don't take it to heart and enjoy the episodes! :cheers:

remoted

Post by remoted » Aug 2nd, '07, 21:31

:scratch: This is a stupid question, but who's Sano's supportive track friend. (In the fourth episode, he dressed up in a gundam cosplay) Could someone also give me the actor's name too? I really admire his character. It's driving me crazy. I tried Wiki, but the photos of the cast don't really help.

But I guessed the actor was Okada Masaki. Am I right?

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 21:40

@remoted: you guessed it right :D

jnieta11

Post by jnieta11 » Aug 2nd, '07, 21:44

momoflower wrote:Ahaha... I enjoyed the Ainori stuff..
Me too :lol Infact I also laugh when
tennouji brought the old lady for the competition
Cant wait for the next ep coz
I really want to know why mizuki ask nakatsu to stay with her :scratch:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 2nd, '07, 21:46

xsakaiie wrote:I just watched ep. 5 with sub!! anyways, some comments on it :D
spoilers in purple .. .

The episode was so funny with the contest and how the guy from Dorm 1 got all beaten up, BUT everything came back to normal like, 5 seconds after! Of course, who would have missed the scene where Nakatsu imagined Mizuki in a bikini! Anyways, overall, I enjoy what most people enjoy ... BUT it was of course, lacking Sano's scenes !! Like I said earlier (well, pages earlier) all the coming back to the track team was not convincing at all .. . Why the bow? And why does he have to prove that he can jump like before so fast? He just joined back...what are the guys expecting? bleh, I kinda skip those Sano's scenes a bit ... too slow and draggy, but NOT BECAUSE SHUN CAN'T ACT!! but more likely that there was nothing iinteresting in watching it.

After seeing the preview of ep.6, I wonder if Mizuki will develop some sort feeling with Nakatsu ... which will surely confused his orientation even more :P What was Sano yelling at Mizuki :cry: Can someone roughly translate me that part?
Sano once said that high jump is his life & u see clearly from the 1st episodes that how he is when he doesn't do it. As Mizuki said, he's loosinghimself day after day & one day he'll 'die'... I think the script writers want to show us how determined Sano is & how it is important high jump for someone as Sano. It's sthing we dun't see in the manga or either in any other vers. & I find it quite courageous from their part. They're trying to show us a solitary, quite, & mature Sano, a character with more depth than just a guy who luves high jump ,who appears as a 'hero' who protects the 'heroine' who's a fangirl of his.. blah, me personally I'm not really for such cliche scenario that could have both my parents' ages :whistling:

On the other hand I must agree on that, eps 5 had so many unnecessary scenes, I mean all those beach, contest, girl s in bikini are just so random.. I prefer they reserve more time for those scenes like Nanba & his 1st love, Nanba & Nakao, Nakao & Mizuki, Mizuki & Nakatsu talking rather than those meaningless contests ! Plus where's Sano & Mizuki ?? this would be the big 'crash down' of Hana Kimi, cuz the scrip writers seem to neglect the main protagonist couple too much. They spend their time on inventing new stories, new contest, new gag/comic/humour w/o realizing that fans are groaning out there, esp Sano & Mizuki manga fans.. I can say what we all need now is that those 2 have some develops in their relationship/feeling, not mention about those doki doki scenes that were supposed to be there..
Up to this point, I'm kinda hopeless, looks like Maki's age is not allowed to have any 'romantic' scene in drama (?) :blink or that this serie is reserved for kids only ??

Anyway, in the rest of the drama, they better do sthing about it otherwise everyone will be disappointed.
Last edited by Nomanymore on Aug 2nd, '07, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Aug 2nd, '07, 21:51

I really enjoy Toma's acting but honestly he nose-bleeds TOO much ! saturated ! if referring to Kdramas, Toma must be a leukaemia patient j/k :whistling:

akai_14

Post by akai_14 » Aug 2nd, '07, 21:54

did they give sano another chance to high jump?

remoted

Post by remoted » Aug 2nd, '07, 21:59

@chocodreamer Thanks for responding so quickly! Yay, I got it right. Okada Masaki's only 16! I'm 1 year older than him. :wub: *New age appropriate crush

5th episode
was awesome!!!!! Sano was more open and Osaka vs Tokyo HIgh was hilarious.

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Aug 2nd, '07, 21:59

chickenruns wrote:I really enjoy Toma's acting but honestly he nose-bleeds TOO much ! saturated ! if referring to Kdramas, Toma must be a leukaemia patient j/k :whistling:
:lol That would be so true! Nakatsu would be having leukemia in a kdrama. :-( :-)

Well here I go watching ep 5... finally!

Chibiaya

Post by Chibiaya » Aug 2nd, '07, 22:34

Just sharing some scans of the boys from Hana Kimi since I just uploaded them on my site a while ago. :D

ImageImageImageImageImage

I'm currently in love with Yamamoto Yusuke a.k.a the ghost boy. I love his innocent look... :wub: Seriously, Hana Kimi is full of eye candies! :P
I just received my magazines this week and there were a few nice scans of Hana Kimi + Maki in there so I'm going to scan them and share them here when I have time. :whistling:

The Artist

Post by The Artist » Aug 2nd, '07, 22:41

BxLibra wrote:
The Artist wrote:I started watching this drama I think the first two eps was good, but whats with Black people kidnapping and slashing Sano's Achiles tendon, that was kinda disppointing way to show why the girl is indebted to him.
That kinda reminded me of the first episode of Hana Yori Dango 2 but its ok because in ep 5 of hanakimi they show
the black kid "Bob-san" interacting with the cast and even speaking japanese
oh yeah and ps: in that episode explaining Sano's injury there was a hispanic guy along with the 2 black guys so don't take it to heart its kinda like how the US show asians on tv as the highly intelligent one

so yeah its cool just don't take it to heart and enjoy the episodes! :cheers:
Nah I wouldn't let it, I have seen worse in Hollywood movies, back to the drama, Sano does know that Mizuki is a girl I wonder why he is going along with her plan I have yet to watch ep 4 and 5 I don't if he has told her that he knows she is a woman. So far nakatsu has been highlight of the drama with his gay denial antiques with Mizuki.

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Aug 2nd, '07, 22:45

Chibiaya wrote:Just sharing some scans of the boys from Hana Kimi since I just uploaded them on my site a while ago. :D

I'm currently in love with Yamamoto Yusuke a.k.a the ghost boy. I love his innocent look... :wub: Seriously, Hana Kimi is full of eye candies! :P
I just received my magazines this week and there were a few nice scans of Hana Kimi + Maki in there so I'm going to scan them and share them here when I have time. :whistling:
*flails* Can I steal these from you???? :lol

Yusuke's adorable...he evokes the same feelings as his manga counterpart does :D

Here's how he looks in the manga if you haven't read it before :-)

Chibiaya

Post by Chibiaya » Aug 2nd, '07, 22:52

*flails* Can I steal these from you????

Yusuke's adorable...he evokes the same feelings as his manga counterpart does
Yeah, you can use them in graphics if you want and if you're planning to share them elsewhere then just remember to credit http://seishun-amigo.net :D

I haven't seen his manga counterpart so thanks for the pic. The manga Taiki is also cute. :P I can't take my eyes off of Taiki everytime I see him on screen. I always pay attention on what he's doing even though the camera isn't necessary focusing on him... xD He is too adorable! :wub:

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Aug 2nd, '07, 23:28

Chibiaya wrote:
*flails* Can I steal these from you????

Yusuke's adorable...he evokes the same feelings as his manga counterpart does
Yeah, you can use them in graphics if you want and if you're planning to share them elsewhere then just remember to credit http://seishun-amigo.net :D

I haven't seen his manga counterpart so thanks for the pic. The manga Taiki is also cute. :P I can't take my eyes off of Taiki everytime I see him on screen. I always pay attention on what he's doing even though the camera isn't necessary focusing on him... xD He is too adorable! :wub:
Haha I know how you feel! My eyes search for Toma whenever a scene begins because I absolutely adore Nakatsu :D Toma being Nakatsu just made it sooo much better!! So in other words, thanks for the Toma pic, it made me so happy :P

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 2nd, '07, 23:51

akai_14 wrote:
did they give sano another chance to high jump?
yes they did.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Aug 3rd, '07, 00:37

Chibiaya wrote:Just sharing some scans of the boys from Hana Kimi since I just uploaded them on my site a while ago. :D

what magazine is this from?
and i <3 manga taiki.

and as someone has already said, we need more of the mizuki-sano doki doki moments because those are just the best in the manga.
remoted wrote:@chocodreamer Thanks for responding so quickly! Yay, I got it right. Okada Masaki's only 16! I'm 1 year older than him. *New age appropriate crush
haha me too! :lol
but really, he's only 16?

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Aug 3rd, '07, 00:48

lee`s little alien wrote:
phenally wrote:oh? Is shun and jun close?? matsumoto jun???

and they both were in gokusen season 1! :P plus in hyd 2 the producers wanted to replace shun as rui with someone else and jun said if shun wasn`t going to be rui he won`t play tsukasa either!so yep they`re close :P :-) there were some paparazzi pictures with jun shun and mao out shopping and so on!and there were some nice interviews with jun,shun and the other f4 plus mao and they were pretty funny :mrgreen:
shun also invited jun in one of his radio shows!i saw the translation for that they we`re so so so so funny :lol :lol :lol :lol
I know a bit off theme but
Shun, Jun and Mao live near one another, the boys often go out toguether when not working and help covering when dating(rumors). Got that photos and the radio program so funny phoning Mao at 2 am just to say hello!

remoted

Post by remoted » Aug 3rd, '07, 01:11

:crazy: @nanikore I did my math wrong....pretty stupidly too. ( He was born August 15, 1989, source:wiki ) He's actually going to turn 18 in
13 days. He's still my age though. Yay!

Thanks for the last pic too. :wub: His blonde hair is pretty cool.

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Aug 3rd, '07, 01:19

Nomanymore wrote:
Sano once said that high jump is his life & u see clearly from the 1st episodes that how he is when he doesn't do it. As Mizuki said, he's loosinghimself day after day & one day he'll 'die'... I think the script writers want to show us how determined Sano is & how it is important high jump for someone as Sano. It's sthing we dun't see in the manga or either in any other vers. & I find it quite courageous from their part. They're trying to show us a solitary, quite, & mature Sano, a character with more depth than just a guy who luves high jump ,who appears as a 'hero' who protects the 'heroine' who's a fangirl of his.. blah, me personally I'm not really for such cliche scenario that could have both my parents' ages :whistling:

On the other hand I must agree on that, eps 5 had so many unnecessary scenes, I mean all those beach, contest, girl s in bikini are just so random.. I prefer they reserve more time for those scenes like Nanba & his 1st love, Nanba & Nakao, Nakao & Mizuki, Mizuki & Nakatsu talking rather than those meaningless contests ! Plus where's Sano & Mizuki ?? this would be the big 'crash down' of Hana Kimi, cuz the scrip writers seem to neglect the main protagonist couple too much. They spend their time on inventing new stories, new contest, new gag/comic/humour w/o realizing that fans are groaning out there, esp Sano & Mizuki manga fans.. I can say what we all need now is that those 2 have some develops in their relationship/feeling, not mention about those doki doki scenes that were supposed to be there..
Up to this point, I'm kinda hopeless, looks like Maki's age is not allowed to have any 'romantic' scene in drama (?) :blink or that this serie is reserved for kids only ??

Anyway, in the rest of the drama, they better do sthing about it otherwise everyone will be disappointed.
Exactly !!! I am getting annoyed by those meaningless scenes, the comic/humor scene became too exxagrated :crazy:. Sano-Ashiya is developing a bit, but none of them in this epi (actually in manga, they are always together) and it's 5th epi already, only 5 left, how are they going to show us some lovey-dovey scene ? I really want to see Maki in romantic scene for ONCE. In Nobuta, mainly friendship, In Kurosagi, they weren't even hug once. :cussing:. BTW, I want Shun to break the cool-cold-shell and be madly in love. God, I am tired of his image.

I'm no longer eager for next episode. My heart went all the way to Coffee Prince. :salut:

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Aug 3rd, '07, 02:18

^ I agree too by a degree... I'm not as eager as I was in the beginning but I still have hope. To be honest I was never the manga fan but loved the scenes that were in it. To me, watching Hana Kimi is like watching North American shows like "House" or "Bones". Instead of like medical cases or scientific cases with plots, Hana Kimi has contests and adds the plot in it. Actually I think I was more excited to wait every week for House and Bones but.... don't get me wrong I still love this drama very very much. I thought ep 5 was the worst by so far.... :-( It was outright boring, but I have to admit, in every drama or tv show there is always at least one boring or bad episode and I hope it's Hana Kimi's last bad episode. I'm thinking that the next will be better... it seems like every even numbered episodes are better than the odds... The only good parts in the drama were:
1. Tennouji-san bringing the senior lady as the "girlfriend" probably since he is engaged to Kana.
2. Sano goes high jumping while Mizuki was there.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 3rd, '07, 03:02

sp4078 wrote: BTW, I want Shun to break the cool-cold-shell and be madly in love. God, I am tired of his image.
You know...that's never going to happen. If you expect that you'll be disappointed. Japanese guys never outwardly show they are madly in love with someone. Korea tends to exaggerate and say all flowery words and stuff. But in Japanese dramas, men are more subtle. Rather than speaking flowery words, they show their emotions through facial expressions and things they do for the other person.

phenally

Post by phenally » Aug 3rd, '07, 03:12

seirin wrote:
sp4078 wrote: BTW, I want Shun to break the cool-cold-shell and be madly in love. God, I am tired of his image.
You know...that's never going to happen. If you expect that you'll be disappointed. Japanese guys never outwardly show they are madly in love with someone. Korea tends to exaggerate and say all flowery words and stuff. But in Japanese dramas, men are more subtle. Rather than speaking flowery words, they show their emotions through facial expressions and things they do for the other person.
haha... that remind me of Prodai... where Ken would do so much for Rei but couldnt tell her that he loves her. So frustrating !

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Aug 3rd, '07, 04:25

phenally wrote:
seirin wrote:
haha... that remind me of Prodai... where Ken would do so much for Rei but couldnt tell her that he loves her. So frustrating !
and Rei STILL didn't 'get the picture'! now THAT was frustrating :scratch:

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Aug 3rd, '07, 04:26

remoted wrote::crazy: @nanikore I did my math wrong....pretty stupidly too. ( He was born August 15, 1989, source:wiki ) He's actually going to turn 18 in
13 days. He's still my age though. Yay!

Thanks for the last pic too. :wub: His blonde hair is pretty cool.
i actually don't really like his blonde hair... but yay 18 is better than 16

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Aug 3rd, '07, 04:41

Nomanymore wrote:
xsakaiie wrote:I just watched ep. 5 with sub!! anyways, some comments on it :D
spoilers in purple .. .

You point out a lot of things that I'm completely agreeing with you. Mizuki/sano need more scenes together, and that, not because I'm a fan and am awaiting for mushie scenes, but more likely like, they are the MAIN couple... it's like the director focus more on Nakatsu/Mizuki, which might be a good thing in a certain way for somepeople, but again, let's stay on topic, I mean... couple.

Also, I somehow understand why the rating went down and like you say, they are adding too much futile scenes which will just make people lose interest if this is what they are planning for the 7 others episodes.

again, let me ask :

can someone translate me the part (at the end of ep.5, during the preview) when Sano is raising his tone on Mizuki?

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Aug 3rd, '07, 05:43

before you guys start raising the pitchforks and swear drama loyalty to other shows, while I agree that it is frustrating that there's been fewer 'ship positive moments with Sano/Mizuki, consider the fact that the producers have to work with Oguri Shun's rather crammed work schedule. He just finished performing in As You Like It, and I guess he's preparing for another play that will be showing during the second half of HK (could someone confirm this for me? My Japanese comprehension skills are non-existent), and when you factor in travel, rehearsal times, his time on the Hana Kimi set is probably more limited. The scriptwriter and staff all have to consider that and work around his other commitments.

I mean, yes, episode 5 was lighter than air in the plot device department - but
what Sano and Mizuki moments there were - were significant. Everyone more or less knows there's 'something' special about the two of them together, as Sekime passes his phone to Sano, as he's run out of things to say, and who does Sano ask for when he finally talks on the phone? Mizuki.

Nakao grilling Mizuki about how she feels about Sano and comparing it to his feelings for Nanba sempai - and Nakatsu protesting why his arrow points to Mizuki, and then the rest of their dorm coming in and talking about Sano and Mizuki, as if it's just accepted fact.

And Mizuki's cute little dance of excitement when she finds out that Sano called her, and then WILLINGLY LEAVING THE BEACH to go look after him when she finds out what a hard time he's having at training camp.

And then taking it so hard and so personally that she might have ruined his life? So it looks like she pulls back in the next ep, which is such a typical selfless i'm in love with you so I don't want to hurt you anymore move in drama.

They have OTP written all over them, guys. It's just slower going, and it seems that with most jdramas, they usually start up with a frenetic pace, but then sort of slow down, catch their breath with a filler ep in the middle, and pick up again by the end.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 3rd, '07, 05:57

Shun does have other commitments, but he has no major plays until November. His last major play just ended so I think he will probably be appearing more for the rest of the episodes? dunno. Still 7 more episodes to go

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Aug 3rd, '07, 06:00

i dunno but maybe people are starting to confuse shun with the characters he plays?

he's a pretty hyper/talkative/loud guy outside of dramas. have you seen him in the tfp2 with the hyd2 cast? the boy was running like crazy during the air hockey part. and his cast members have said that he's a really talkative guy.

before he played all those mellow quiet characters he played characters like uchi in gokusen 1. i sorta want to see him play happier characters again actually.

and maybe hana kimi dropped in ratings because of the filler parts but there was also the election going on. i'm not sure but i don't really care about ratings unless they're like in the 5 percentile or something horrible like that. i liked this episode because it showed all the friends having fun with each other which is an important thing in hana kimi. and come on, it's summer!

karen05

Post by karen05 » Aug 3rd, '07, 06:14

does anyone know where i can get the ending theme song for this drama? i thought i saw is somewhere here, but im too lazy to go through hundreds of pages. unless i saw it somewhere else >.>

please and thanks :D

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 3rd, '07, 06:31

Here's the peach ending song

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yjx6n2

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 3rd, '07, 07:01

boy i had a few pages to catch up on

looks like lots of people didnt enjoy this episode to much. I can understand where you are coming from in terms of it seeming like a filler episode but i still enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next episode as much as ever.

is the subbed version up on veoh yet??

to go a little off topic does anybody know where I can find videos of shun and jun or the who HYD gang???

emumeetllama

Post by emumeetllama » Aug 3rd, '07, 07:10

I really liked this episode, although my roommate didn't seem to enjoy it as much (much like almost everyone else on here). I really enjoy the play of serious vs. silly in this show. I think it makes it easier for it to appeal to everyone. Also, I personally like to see the fast-paced, funny scenes from time to time. I think I'd get frustrated if it were serious all the time.

As for the relationship building.. okay, yeah we've only got seven episodes left. But while Mizuki's had years to develop any feelings for Sano, this is a pretty short time frame for him. I would be more disappointed at the unrealistic plot of Sano finding out Mizuki's a girl and almost immediately liking her. And I really wouldn't worry about the Mizuki/Nakatsu angle. While they have plenty of fluff moments, I think the director is making it clear where Mizuki's interests are going to be in the end. I've been wondering how far they are going to take the Komari possibility, too.

Also.. mostly unrelated. Did anybody else notice the green shirt Toma was wearing for a few minutes while talking to Mizuki during the middle of the episode? It has the outline of a pillar and the words "I HAVE GREAT CHARACTER" on it. It's the exact shirt that Yamapi wears in ProDai during the episode with Rei's granfather. I about jumped off the couch in glee when I saw it again. I'm wondering if it really is the same shirt or if they have matching ones? I've loved that shirt since I first saw it, though. It's so random.

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 3rd, '07, 07:12

i still like how episode5 went...yeah, it wasn't as good as the other episodes but i like how they gave the other characters more attention (kayashima, sekime, tennouji, masao, nanba, nakao), in short i had no problems with the filler scenes, i enjoyed it anyways :P...and i was satisfied with the pacing of the story in regards to
the sano-mizuki scenes...and how vital that scene of sano bowing down to the other guys...and i think sano and mizuki are bit by bit admitting that they care for each other and might be falling for each other (ashiya almost admitting to nakao that what she's feeling for sano is love...and sano agreeing with sekime that ashiya was partly the reason why he went back to high-jump)...and what about when sano called the ikemen resort and asked for ashiya...i think the sano-mizuki scenes were just being put subtly...and hopefully they'll finally have more romantic scenes in the future eps :D