[Discussion] First Kiss

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yousei

Post by yousei » Jul 10th, '07, 13:54

:lol

I've a little problem with Mao's English. :goggle:
The third and 4th phrase of the first minute, I know what she is saying because of the Japanese subtitle, but could someone please tell me what is the English sentence she is saying?

"you are ??? to feel the breast of a 20 years old ???"
"you could be a little bit more ??? "

thx.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 10th, '07, 14:02

It sounds to me like she says:

"You are fondling the breast of a twenty year old girl. You could be a little bit more sensitive."

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jul 10th, '07, 14:30

Both versions, 950MB(704x496 DivX) and 825MB(1024x576 x264), have the same total running time. So sub made for one should work on the other. x264 is more efficient, smaller size at a higher resolution. But if you are planning to view the show on a stand-alone DivX/Xvid player, XBMC, or low end PC, go ahead and download the DivX version.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 10th, '07, 14:37

XrayMind..

I upload the one with 677 MB from towa..

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Jul 10th, '07, 15:32

yousei' wrote:I've a little problem with Mao's English.
No, the one with the problem is Mao... I cringed every time she tried to say something in English. I gave up and just read the Japanese. :roll

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Jul 10th, '07, 16:27

wow! i finally got to watch FK! in my opinion it was great and the ratings are great too, no?
well i loved Mao's character, Mio, she talks so fast, whoa! crazy! and Yuuta's character
is awesome, he's so cute!

wow so much news, wow, twice FK was dropped but luckily thanks to yousei, we will have subs, thank you very much! :cheers: you are an angel!!!!!!!!

FIRST KISS SNAPSHOTS
warning: not for those that havent seen FK, oh well okay, sneak a peek, its jam packed with Yuuta and Mao piccies!

Time: 00:00:00-00:15:00
^ third nipple? he's so hot!
Time: 00:15:00-00:30:00
v ^ wow! that looks like fun!!!!!!
^ he never saw it coming...
^ so awesome how she just smacked him in the head!
Time: 00:30:00-00:45:00
^ she looks so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^ ooh! he's hot, i wish there was a love triangle between Mao, Yuuta, and him it would make things interesting...
Time: 00:45:00-00:56:00
^ love at second sight!
v ^ no your eyes are not deceiving you, he is touching... grabbing his man boobie...
Time: 00:56:00-00:57:00 | Episode 02 Preview
i hope you guys like the snapshots, i wont be around for like a week or maybe two...
im grounded for being on the comp for too long searching for FK but it was worth it...
theres no need to credit at all, just be cool and dont say or put your name all over it because it took me so long to get all these piccies, 3 hours to be exact (1 hour for watching, 30 min for taking piccies and the rest for uploading!)

love ya guys! lates!
Last edited by Superkyle on Jul 10th, '07, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 10th, '07, 16:30

ryoko11 wrote:It sounds to me like she says:

"You are fondling the breast of a twenty year old girl. You could be a little bit more sensitive."
wow sounds japanese.

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jul 10th, '07, 18:16

Whoah. Her English really is terrible.

But she is so "genki," and her ability to fill every moment on screen with some kind of activity is really entertaining. I have no idea how this show is going to develop. I'll probably give it another episode.

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 10th, '07, 18:19

This looks pretty good!
Is anyone uploading it onto Veoh?

XD. My computer will not be able to take the downloads :cry:.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 10th, '07, 18:19

I have to admit too, that watching Inoue Mao going through her English lines, was a lil painful. :sweat:

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Jul 10th, '07, 18:23

OMG, she's beautiful. aw... i love her, can't wait for the subs to come out.

ephesus
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ephesus » Jul 10th, '07, 18:25

This girl is a ****, and her dramas always portray foreigners as assholes or criminals.
She should be shot.
Fin.

wachi

Post by wachi » Jul 10th, '07, 18:32

I thought Mio was speaking French in the beginning.. until I hear "whisper love to me" :lol

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 10th, '07, 18:49

wat3rm3lon wrote:This looks pretty good!

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v767680agBA9n4a

^__^

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 10th, '07, 19:01

Nomanymore wrote:

^__^
Awesome! Thanks.

Haven't watched it yet, but I think I can understand you guys about mao's english. In the first ep of hyd2 it sounded like she was speaking french when all she said was "how are you?"

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 10th, '07, 19:04

Superkyle, I don't think it's a third nipple. Just a birthmark. It used to be a LOT darker. Here's a cap from Umizaru that shows him and the mark when he was really tanned.
Mao's accent is really thick when she's speaking English in this one. I thought she sounded better at it when she did HanDan2 (at least a bit more intelligible), so it's like she's taken a few steps backwards on that front.

Overall, I loved the first episode. In particular the sibling stuff, which I think Hideaki and Mao do beautifully.
For some reason I really loved the section where Kazu is thinking about the 50% chance, while looking at the coin, but when he flips it he can't bring himself to look. Nice how they can cut between serious and comedy so far.

kudasai

Post by kudasai » Jul 10th, '07, 19:07

pinkstars wrote:i wanna watch it NOW!!!
i must wait for the subs though.
it wont be long enough ne? :roll

i wonder if there will be other fansubbers who'll be doing hardsubs for this now that BON decided to dropped it..I was really looking forward to it. too bad. :-(
Yah, looks like there would be no hardsubs by BON. Too bad. They probably dropped First Kiss because somebody announced that he/she will also sub it. In that case, that will be duplicative and waste of their time. So I don't blame BON. They picked up another drama though.

Yah, love the first ep, and so happy for the high ratings. Hope it can maintain it.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 10th, '07, 20:00

OMG! The subpig and tvbt c-subs are already out!

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Jul 10th, '07, 21:04

wait... where did you guys get the sub?

yousei

Post by yousei » Jul 10th, '07, 21:45

The first 25% are done, but there are a few skipped lines marked with ( ??? ) which I wasn't sure about so I leaved them to the end.
And I decided to publish it... maybe someone wants to help me out with these lines?

This is a non-edited / non-checked version, you may call it beta.
Please have in attention, that there may be mistranslations and bad English!

よろしくね: http://jdorama.vox.com/library/post/fir ... art-1.html

:salut:

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 10th, '07, 22:40

Rori wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:

^__^
Awesome! Thanks.

Haven't watched it yet, but I think I can understand you guys about mao's english. In the first ep of hyd2 it sounded like she was speaking french when all she said was "how are you?"
Ran is the coolest person ever.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 10th, '07, 22:41

ryoko11 wrote:Superkyle, I don't think it's a third nipple. Just a birthmark. It used to be a LOT darker. Here's a cap from Umizaru that shows him and the mark when he was really tanned.
Mao's accent is really thick when she's speaking English in this one. I thought she sounded better at it when she did HanDan2 (at least a bit more intelligible), so it's like she's taken a few steps backwards on that front.

Overall, I loved the first episode. In particular the sibling stuff, which I think Hideaki and Mao do beautifully.
For some reason I really loved the section where Kazu is thinking about the 50% chance, while looking at the coin, but when he flips it he can't bring himself to look. Nice how they can cut between serious and comedy so far.
i agree with you! her english... ehh... but she is cute! love her acting here! so different! refreshing! ^^

oh yeah, mao and itoh make a cute pair of siblings! mao's so mean and itoh's sort of a lovable loser haha! i love how she pushed them around! ^^ looking forward to the next episode!!

i enjoyed all of the characters really. it's a good start introducing the characters and their stories in the first episode!

hope there would be maoxyuuta scenes more!!!

no way chi subs are out? must check!

i love you Superkyle for the caps!!!!!

:w00t: :w00t:
i know what you mean... he's afraid to open it to see the coin. i like the mix of comedy and then drama here. ^^
yousei: i can't understand japanese sorry :-(
Last edited by yamapinku-rabu on Jul 10th, '07, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 10th, '07, 22:48

yousei wrote:The first 25% are done, but there are a few skipped lines marked with ( ??? ) which I wasn't sure about so I leaved them to the end.
And I decided to publish it... maybe someone wants to help me out with these lines?

I'm timing mine, but I need a break and since I'm watching FK on veoh, I might as well check your script... :lol

very crude translations though. you might want to polish it.
29: we're replacing the narrowed vessel with normal ones so you won't have acute changes.

31: yet as long as there's an operation, there will be risks.

34: hard to put in numbers but...since mio-san is IDPをへいぞうしているため(?)about 50 % [ lol sorry. can't quite figure out what heizou is. I feel like it's suppose to mean "installed" or "experienced" ]

36: only 50?

36.5(?): by 50, it just means 50 out of 100 people will be cured after the operation, and it doesn't mean the other 50 will die. [ yeah, might want to polish this a little to make it sound like a docter's words. ]

38: doctor, just tell us the whole truth.

41: um, I need time to think about it.
42: yes of course. please
43: thank you.

[ by the way, for "yes, it's not zero", she's basically saying "the only thing I can say is... it's not 0%" Don't translate literally. Sometimes there's implications that might be hard to get across, or would have been said more clearly in English speech. ]

42(?): I personally think it's a very horrible number. (something's wrong with this sentence. it doesn't fit the logic) I'll be going back to japan next week but feel free to contact me anytime. call me here.

44: 短い間でした

47: hearth -> heart

48: I think, while they did use 勝負 it's not the fight part, but the stake part... like I'll stake my life then. or I'll take a chance.

49: I'm tired of living scared of death. [ if it was me, I'll translate it as "I'm tired of going to sleep every night scared that I won't wake up tomorrow" but that's too long. just want to show you that you don't have to stay within the box. think of how english-speakers would say the same thing. some of your lines seem really literal, and it might be hard for people not familiar with Japanese to understand the second meaning... ]

59: この時点で鳥肌たった(汗

67: nothing beats patient's tears.

okay I'm done... gotta go back to mine

ngpossible

Post by ngpossible » Jul 10th, '07, 23:06

i think 君が歩いてくる ふりつづく雨 is something like "you still walked here even though it's raining?"...or to some extent...

yousei

Post by yousei » Jul 10th, '07, 23:31

@lsqB 本当にありがとうなー。 Thank you very much.

If you need help timing. I can help :cry:

[ just want to show you that you don't have to stay within the box. think of how english-speakers would say the same thing. some of your lines seem really literal, and it might be hard for people not familiar with Japanese to understand the second meaning... ]

thx.
The problem is I really can't express myself in English, but I will do an second check and make some sentences more natural.

... and I hope the Edior while survive it... :D
59: この時点で鳥肌たった(汗

Because of what the doctor said, or because of my translation? :pale:

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 10th, '07, 23:42

Don't really know enough Japanese to be of help for what you're missing, but I do have one question about a phrase that's not quite clear to me from the translation, Yousei.
00:09:03,390 --> 00:09:05,190
What did you dream?

00:09:06,520 --> 00:09:09,190
Probably a bad dream.

00:09:09,190 --> 00:09:10,460
Don't dream bad dreams, when you aren't alone!

During this section does he mean "bad dream" as in "naughty, perverted, wicked" or does he mean a "nightmare"? The first seems to make more sense in the context of the conversation, but the phrase "bad dream" most commonly reads as "nightmare" in English, so I'm a bit confused during that section. My only suggestion is to change "bad dream" to either "nightmare" or something like "naughty dream" depending on what was really meant in the Japanese.
hope there would be maoxyuuta scenes more!!!
I'm betting there will be lots more now that we have the basics established. :D They seem to have good chemistry so far, so I'm looking forward to lots more from them.

Wuchun

Post by Wuchun » Jul 10th, '07, 23:49

thnx ....can't wait :)

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 10th, '07, 23:52

[quote="ryoko11"]Don't really know enough Japanese to be of help for what you're missing, but I do have one question about a phrase that's not quite clear to me from the translation, Yousei.
00:09:03,390 --> 00:09:05,190
What did you dream?

00:09:06,520 --> 00:09:09,190
Probably a bad dream.

00:09:09,190 --> 00:09:10,460
Don't dream bad dreams, when you aren't alone!

During this section does he mean "bad dream" as in "naughty, perverted, wicked" or does he mean a "nightmare"? The first seems to make more sense in the context of the conversation, but the phrase "bad dream" most commonly reads as "nightmare" in English, so I'm a bit confused during that section. My only suggestion is to change "bad dream" to either "nightmare" or something like "naughty dream" depending on what was really meant in the Japanese.
the "impression" I got was (which means I don't remember the line exactly)
the guy complained, don't dream about naughty dreams when you're crashing at my place.
and yousei, to answer your question, at mio, actually. the 180 degree イメチェン

yousei

Post by yousei » Jul 11th, '07, 00:45

*edit*
Last edited by yousei on Jul 11th, '07, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 11th, '07, 01:18

I'm betting there will be lots more now that we have the basics established. Big Smile They seem to have good chemistry so far, so I'm looking forward to lots more from them.
yeah it is a romantic comedy so i'm guessing they should put in some romance XD

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 11th, '07, 01:39

I haven't seen the first episode yet (WHY HELLO DAD'S SUPER STRICTNESS! -____-") but gosh, from superkyles's screenshots, it looks like to be really colourful or something. :)

Also, yousei and lsqB, thanks so so so so much~ I love your super duper partnership team. :D

I'm glad we get to see Yuta outside of the hospital too. :)

Optimistically, I like to think that Mao just likes to talk English that way to make it funnier. *cough*

And Canada scenes?! :D *happy*

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 11th, '07, 01:58

yamapinku-rabu wrote:yeah it is a romantic comedy so i'm guessing they should put in some romance XD

True, but it is a Jdrama, so you never can tell. :lol

I'd like to see plenty of romance between Mao and Yuuta's characters as well as plenty of stuff between Kazu and the lady doctor. Admittedly, I'm the odd duck who started watching on the grounds that Hideaki's in it, while just about the rest of the English speaking world got hooked by Mao. LOL

And I forgot to mention him before, but:

Takenaka Naoto is just perfect for this kind of role. He's so good at being both mean and funny!
Last edited by ryoko11 on Jul 11th, '07, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 11th, '07, 02:19

True, but it is a Jdrama, so you never can tell. Laugh
oh yeah... u got a point... now i'm :| worried haha!

i thoguht it was funny how kazu was so clumsy around the lady doctor XD

yeah... mao and yuuta are cute to let it go to waste!

naoto i so loved him in nodame hahaha! hope to see more of him here!
Optimistically, I like to think that Mao just likes to talk English that way to make it funnier. *cough*
LOL :lol
while just about the rest of the English speaking world got hooked by Mao. LOL
but in this drama you just can't help but love the other actors as well!

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » Jul 11th, '07, 02:29

*sigh* havent seen it yet >_< but im dying too....if only i got japanese TV and could understand japanese fluently T_T my life would be complete...almost XD

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 11th, '07, 03:10

Oh my, the subbing drama: http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map_2007

yousei, can you please confirm that you're continuing? It's so awkward... It's even giving other people the impression that this is a bad drama because so many people are dropping it and committing to it... :S

Also, xmoonprincessx, can you make your siggie smaller? It's stretching out the board, and not all of us have 1240+ sort of monitor resolutions.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 11th, '07, 03:16

wow a different fansub group doing it now? :blink

hmmm... yeah, it's kinda looking to be that way XD

thankfully subpig is still doing this XD but for english subs :-( i hope it's confirmed now

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » Jul 11th, '07, 03:26

XD sorry rikayla!!

yeahhh im wondering why it keeps getting dropped...>_< i really want to watch it too! Hopefully someone will keep it ^^

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 11th, '07, 03:27

yamapinku-rabu wrote:wow a different fansub group doing it now? :blink

hmmm... yeah, it's kinda looking to be that way XD

thankfully subpig is still doing this XD but for english subs :-( i hope it's confirmed now
Yeah, the drama, huh. :S I'm hoping that it's just a wiki-editing error because well, it pretty much sucks to see that there's so much commotion over this drama when it's obviously VERY GOOD. *lol*

What's more, youhei has already started. In fact, almost done except for maybe QC-ing or a few other lines... Sigh. :S

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 11th, '07, 03:53

yepyep i feel this drama is going to be underrated in some way...

well let's just hope everything will be ok soon ^^

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 11th, '07, 04:05

yousei... I finished watching FK. I must say... this drama is a killer, for a translator.
Mao talks 50mph, there are bunch of jargons (in both photography and medical field), and some of the jokes/slang are weird.

I can help you check your translation. (since I can view it streamed on veoh now)

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 11th, '07, 04:20

Rikayla wrote:Oh my, the subbing drama: http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map_2007

yousei, can you please confirm that you're continuing? It's so awkward... It's even giving other people the impression that this is a bad drama because so many people are dropping it and committing to it... :S
yousei didn't drop it. DoReMii simply absorbed yousei. She is still translating but we are helping with the other stuff so she doesn't have to do as much by herself and we can make sure they are high quality subs. Plus we are now also going to do hardsubs.

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jul 11th, '07, 04:29

lsqB wrote:yousei... I finished watching FK. I must say... this drama is a killer, for a translator.
Mao talks 50mph, there are bunch of jargons (in both photography and medical field), and some of the jokes/slang are weird.

I can help you check your translation. (since I can view it streamed on veoh now)
That's a relief to hear--I mean that it's a killer for a translator like you. I speak decent Japanese and a major reason I watch dramas--well, other than for sheer enjoyment--is to keep up language skills. But Mao-chan really does talk super fast and as slang changes it gets harder for me to keep up in some ways. I found Yamataro Monogatari, for example, a heck of a lot easier to understand (then again, so many of those terms appeared in HYD).

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 11th, '07, 04:34

thanks Puppet Princess for clearing things up!

we appreciate your hard work!

and will be looking forward to the subs! :D

angelxx87

Post by angelxx87 » Jul 11th, '07, 05:23

SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! does anyone else notice in the beginning of the drama......

is it just me or was mao exposed on television for a split second in the beginning when the male doctor was hypnotising her by fondling her breast????? call me conservative or what not but i really enjoy her cute innocent image. it's really none of my business of the actress' choice cuz mao is growing up but i'm not ready for her to openly exposed herself so that scene kinda shocked me. does anyone else notice it? i hope it's a double.
[/spoiler]

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 11th, '07, 05:51

at first i thought that was the case, when i didn't know he was a doctor. but he is a doctor, maybe he's putting something on her chest or something? before the operation? :unsure: coz it will be weird he's hypnotizing her by fondling her breast.

doggieusa
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by doggieusa » Jul 11th, '07, 07:47

I just want to make some clarifications. BON dropped First Kiss because other individuals/groups announced that they will sub First Kiss too even though we announced it earlier. We just stepped back to avoid duplicate efforts. We treat other subbers as colleagues not competitors.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 11th, '07, 07:57

doggieusa wrote:I just want to make some clarifications. BON dropped First Kiss because other individuals/groups announced that they will sub First Kiss too even though we announced it earlier. We just stepped back to avoid duplicate efforts. We treat other subbers as colleagues not competitors.
Who? I didn't see anything.

yousei

Post by yousei » Jul 11th, '07, 08:50

First I didn't drop the project. I will do it with DoReMi-Fansubs since this drama is just to hard for only 1 (none native) translator.
lsqB wrote:yousei... I finished watching FK. I must say... this drama is a killer, for a translator.

Thank you very much!
Yes you are right :cry: Because of this I will do it with DoReMi-Fansubs.
But probably there will be some few lines, only you can translate. :cry:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 11th, '07, 12:15

I was surprised to find everyone talking about how bad Mao's english was. I won't say it was good but I actually enjoyed listening to her speak english. Does that make me a little weird? Different to everyone else? I especially liked that bit at the beggining when she talks the little boy into kissing his sister I thought it was funny ^_^

tekken418

Post by tekken418 » Jul 11th, '07, 18:58

i think she sounded better in FK than in HYD 1 & 2 but some phase i still have to do double take and some i just don't get period.

Ella_Sama

Post by Ella_Sama » Jul 11th, '07, 20:00

wooooow
i like this girl and the way she act she is so coooooool
i hope its as wonderfull as hana yori dango
thanks anyway for the information ^^
i cant wait to watch it .......

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 11th, '07, 20:05

i have a question.. are the subs out or not yet??!

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 11th, '07, 20:12

kozumifan wrote:i have a question.. are the subs out or not yet??!
Not out yet. Yousei is working on them now. Last I heard from her she was a little over 25% done with translations and timing. You can check the DoReMii blog for progress.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 11th, '07, 20:24

ok ok!! nice thanks!!

yousei

Post by yousei » Jul 11th, '07, 20:53

I had to redo the first part; I took Lilly's (IsqB) commendation serious.

So I changed from literal translation, to what I hope more natural English.

No I'm continuing with the sub.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 11th, '07, 21:17

Yorokobi wrote:I was surprised to find everyone talking about how bad Mao's english was. I won't say it was good but I actually enjoyed listening to her speak english. Does that make me a little weird? Different to everyone else? I especially liked that bit at the beggining when she talks the little boy into kissing his sister I thought it was funny ^_^
haha when i watched it the 2nd time around, i understood her better and thought it wasn't as bad as i thought it was at first. :lol and i thought sometimes it was pretty decent. but yeah some words just slurred though. but overall, it was not the worst ever. :P

yousei: thank you really for the subs!!! appreciate it!!! :cry:

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 11th, '07, 23:37

Ella_Sama wrote:wooooow
i like this girl and the way she act she is so coooooool
i hope its as wonderfull as hana yori dango
thanks anyway for the information ^^
i cant wait to watch it .......
funny you should mention HYD. in one scene, I was like "....that's like, the exact same phrase she said in HYD, word for word, with the same facial expression!!"

@youseiIf you need me to look over the script, I'll be happy to. By the way, I've been thinking since last night when I was watching FK... I hope you caught that
early in the episode, where the model storms off, there's the guy that comes down from the stair that says something. You translated it as something "damange" but it's suppose to be "hopeless damsel" or something to that extent. like だめー女(じょ) I hope you caught that.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 11th, '07, 23:47

Yeah! I really like Mao Inoue in this drama. She's SO funny with her ultra spunkiness. XD

I'm not sure what to think of Yuta's character just yet because he needs more lines/scenes before I judge him... :P

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 12th, '07, 00:05

IsqB
what scene was that? XD
hehe i also liked yuuta's character for some reason. even though he didn't have much lines yet. he's a total opposite of mao's character! XD can't wait. i wonder if miho will give him a hard time? :roll i like how she's manipulating(?) everybody XD

yousei

Post by yousei » Jul 12th, '07, 00:10

lsqB wrote: @youseiIf you need me to look over the script, I'll be happy to. By the way, I've been thinking since last night when I was watching FK... I hope you caught that
early in the episode, where the model storms off, there's the guy that comes down from the stair that says something. You translated it as something "damange" but it's suppose to be "hopeless damsel" or something to that extent. like だめー女(じょ) I hope you caught that.
Thank you! That would be really great!
And yes I didn't caught it :cry: Thank you again!

I new that damage wasn't making real sense, but when the roomates are talking mostly I don't understand a word. I hate their voices. :glare:

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 12th, '07, 00:17

yamapinku-rabu
when Mao's chewing up the "master photographer" (the bold guy)

Oh, let me take this moment to explain "noritsukkomi" because that's what happened right before that scene.

nori = to go with the flow
tsukkomi = to point out/to make criticism.

Now, (you'll probably get this after you watch yousei's sub)
remember the brother takes mio to the studio, and lies to her that he works here.
Then while he takes his friends away, the REAL owner of the photo studio comes in and takes photo of Mio.

When the brother comes back, Mio says "Hey Brother. I had your assistant take pictures of me"
The Brother's freaked out because his master realizes the lie, and gets furious at the brother's boldness.

But first, he "goes with the flow". He's like "yeah yeah, I'm the assistant. Where do you want me to stand? Now take good pictures."
Then, just as the brother starts thinking his master would play along with his lie... the master throws the reflecting shield towards him, and he's in his "tsukkomi" mode. He's chewing the brother in front of Mio.

That's suppose to be -real- funny. Some people laugh. Me? :blink

Well, here's your lesson on one type of Japanese humor. This drama is filled with them. Hopefully with this new info you can enjoy the drama more. ;)

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 12th, '07, 01:05

lsqB wrote:yamapinku-rabu
when Mao's chewing up the "master photographer" (the bold guy)

Oh, let me take this moment to explain "noritsukkomi" because that's what happened right before that scene.

nori = to go with the flow
tsukkomi = to point out/to make criticism.

Now, (you'll probably get this after you watch yousei's sub)
remember the brother takes mio to the studio, and lies to her that he works here.
Then while he takes his friends away, the REAL owner of the photo studio comes in and takes photo of Mio.

When the brother comes back, Mio says "Hey Brother. I had your assistant take pictures of me"
The Brother's freaked out because his master realizes the lie, and gets furious at the brother's boldness.

But first, he "goes with the flow". He's like "yeah yeah, I'm the assistant. Where do you want me to stand? Now take good pictures."
Then, just as the brother starts thinking his master would play along with his lie... the master throws the reflecting shield towards him, and he's in his "tsukkomi" mode. He's chewing the brother in front of Mio.

That's suppose to be -real- funny. Some people laugh. Me? :blink

Well, here's your lesson on one type of Japanese humor. This drama is filled with them. Hopefully with this new info you can enjoy the drama more. ;)
I thought this scene was quite funny, maybe Im just so used to Japanese humour that ive taken it on myself ^_^

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 12th, '07, 01:32

^
thanks, IsqB. i laughed at the scene before. where banba-san was still pretending to be the assistant. and kazu was like eeeehhhh... haha! it's obvious eh wouldn't be taking it lightly. >O< haha! funny how he was asking what lighting kazu wanted :P

vilma42

Post by vilma42 » Jul 12th, '07, 12:43

I would like to know what's the title of the OST and who sang it?
coz it's sounds familiar to me, the voice....

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Jul 12th, '07, 13:50

yeah! managed to sneak on the comp! yay!

yeah Mao's english is bad, but i expected that, it wasnt that good in HYD2 and i didnt expect it to be any good in FK! after all her major is not in English but in Mandarin, they should have given her a speech trainer, though... but her english was amusing it didnt turn me off the drama, she spoke her english with such authority!

YAY! I can now talk about Mao and Yuuta!!! now i get what the correlation chart meant by LOVE/HATE love, Mao is all demanding and mean to Yuuta but Yuuta is just sweet and still likes her anyways! omg! he is so hot! he is my dream come true, a doctor with a sweet car!!!!!! *swooning!*

Yuuta seems like a pushover to me, kind of weak but not bad weak... but its kind of odd to me that for a him trying to portray a 26 year old guy that he's not some kind of playboy or ****, because after all he's pretty well off, he's at that age, he's successful and all that... it seems that he's younger than that, i dont know it doesnt fit for me but hopefullly i get to see more and its most probable because of the fact that i dont have subs and i dont understand what they're saying!... we'll see, ill re-do my evaluation on Yuuta after 2-4 more episodes....

does anyone have a clue how many episodes? [yeah i know im still asking this question...]

ephesus wrote:This girl is a ****, and her dramas always portray foreigners as assholes or criminals.
She should be shot.
Fin.
ephesus, what! do you mean her character or Inoue Mao? hello she is an actress and a damn good one, does she look like she is in charge of script, casting, and directing? shot? what the hell is wrong with you!! how could you wish that on someone, its obvious that you dont value life...

ryoko11 wrote:Superkyle, I don't think it's a third nipple. Just a birthmark. It used to be a LOT darker. Here's a cap from Umizaru that shows him and the mark when he was really tanned.

ryoko11, i know that it wasnt a third nipple... :lol it was my sad attempt at comedy, too much? well yup i like the Mio-Ikki/Kazu? relationship, they are so amusing i especially liked the flash backs, Itoh was such a caring brother! i wish i had one of those but unfortunately my littlest sister does!

yousei wrote:The first 25% are done, but there are a few skipped lines marked with ( ??? ) which I wasn't sure about so I leaved them to the end.

yousei, thank you, thank you, thank you! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Puppet Princess wrote:
Rikayla wrote:Oh my, the subbing drama: http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map_2007

yousei didn't drop it. DoReMii simply absorbed yousei. She is still translating but we are helping with the other stuff so she doesn't have to do as much by herself and we can make sure they are high quality subs. Plus we are now also going to do hardsubs.
puppet princess, first Why Why Love, now, First Kiss, Doremii is making my dreams come true!

vilma42 wrote:I would like to know what's the title of the OST and who sang it?
vilma42, Kokoro by Oda Kazumasa, info from dramawiki

SUPER THANKS TO: Yousei, IsqB and Doremii FS

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Jul 12th, '07, 15:05

vilma42 wrote:I would like to know what's the title of the OST and who sang it?
The theme song is Kokoro by Oda Kazumasa.
Perhaps if you watched Tokyo Love Story, it's the same guy singing the theme song there.

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jul 12th, '07, 15:42

Aw, Lily, what a great post! A language lesson and cultural note to boot.

I loved that scene. It gave everything so much more tension because you weren't quite sure how things were going to go. I was empathizing with the brother, and then when the scene didn't go the way I thought it was going to, it was even more surprising.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 12th, '07, 19:19

I don't get it
both of the brother's room mates claim to be heterosexual (to the point to being perverts/hentai).

However, instead of getting excited at the prospect of a young and cute girl moving in, they're like get her out of the house! :crazy:
What is wrong with them?

wrt the "noritsukkomi" scene (thanks for the lesson, Lily). I've seen it often in j-dramas and there are similar analogues in TW comedy. But, I think that the timing of the explosion was too quick and its fierceness was too weak.

So far I found it to be ok, but not the best of the season, unfortunately...

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 12th, '07, 19:24

auroragb wrote:I don't get it
both of the brother's room mates claim to be heterosexual (to the point to being perverts/hentai).

However, instead of getting excited at the prospect of a young and cute girl moving in, they're like get her out of the house! :crazy:
What is wrong with them?
Perhaps it's because that means they have to behave themselves or get the crap kicked out of them by her brother.

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 12th, '07, 19:25

What is wrong with them?

my guess is
Three guys and one girl would be awkward. The tenant originally set the rules that the two other guys can stay as long as they don't bring in gals.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 12th, '07, 19:48

Puppet Princess wrote:

What is wrong with them?
Perhaps it's because that means they have to behave themselves or get the crap kicked out of them by her brother.
It would make sense and would be how it would play in most dramas, but there should be a scene to establish that.

These hentais are either very good at hiding their true nature, or there is some sloppy writing. There has yet to be a scene where they gush at Mio's obvious beauty or even derision that she's just a child. This makes watching difficult since the interaction between the character is difficult to peg because we don't really know how they perceive one another.
lsqB wrote:my guess is
Three guys and one girl would be awkward. The tenant originally set the rules that the two other guys can stay as long as they don't bring in gals.
Once again, there should be an establishing scene. There are hints of things, but no follow up to confirm

So far, I get the feeling that this drama is a well conceived but poorly edited dramas. It felt that every scene was rushed from one to the next to establish the plot, but no follow up to make it clear to the audience how the drama should flow.

Hopefully this is because this is the first ep and they needed to do too much in too little time and that the following episodes would flow more smoothly. Barring Mao's atrocious Engrish, her delivery of lines have been excellent, and she had some doozies.

So far, I think that the performances from the cast has been great, but either the writing or editing was sloppy, so the viewers are like :scratch:

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 12th, '07, 21:27

^
maybe they aren't really heterosexuals at all XD. it's still the first episode though so putting it all in could have been difficult. hope 2nd episode will be better! ^^
Superkyle: still don't know how many episodes. probably 11 though :unsure:

raiketsu69

Post by raiketsu69 » Jul 14th, '07, 00:40

ummm.... the subs for episode 1 is ti already out??

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 14th, '07, 00:49

raiketsu69 wrote:ummm.... the subs for episode 1 is ti already out??
Nope. Click my banner for progress.

yousei

Post by yousei » Jul 14th, '07, 00:58

raiketsu69 wrote:ummm.... the subs for episode 1 is ti already out??
Or take a look at my signature 8)