[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 11:51

Yorokobi wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:^ is it this one ^__^

Image Image

iyaaa it's tomorrow !! Let's make it 100 pages mina XD
exactly what I was looking for thanks heaps!!!!!
whaaa... i had that one on my siggy. lolz.. i really loved that part... !!! im itching for the subs...

subs.. subs... subs.... :alcoholic: wheeee.... Ganbatte to the SUB groups!!!

solitude

Post by solitude » Jul 11th, '07, 11:53

OMG this thread is moving real fast!!! I'm starting to watch episode 2 now~~ And I just saw the part Nakatsu get a shock when he put his arms around Ashiya, so cute hahaha!! Awaiting the subs patiently...

Yeah the rating went up!! That's great!! Hana Kimi go go go!!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 11th, '07, 11:54

You lucky people who can watch the subs as soon as they come out!!
I have to wait for somebody to stram a subbed version!

Hanazawa Rui

Post by Hanazawa Rui » Jul 11th, '07, 11:55

well cant wait 4 tha SUBZ

jojochan

Post by jojochan » Jul 11th, '07, 12:00

I want tot wait for the subs before I start watching... takes a lot of discipline though :P
*goes practicing her Japanese in the meantime XD maybe if I try and study hard enough I wont need subs in the future XD (like in 10 years time...*sighs*)*

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 11th, '07, 12:02

haha it wont take that long, im surprised at how much I can understand without subs which is lucky what with living in japan and all

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 12:02

jojochan wrote:I want tot wait for the subs before I start watching... takes a lot of discipline though :P
*goes practicing her Japanese in the meantime XD maybe if I try and study hard enough I wont need subs in the future XD (like in 10 years time...*sighs*)*
ganbatte jojochan!!! yosh...! lets start learning japanese!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 11th, '07, 12:08

man i love you sig
lets all practice our japanese so that waiting for subtitles becomes a thing of the past! Can you imagine it??
man why is episode 3 so far away????

jojochan

Post by jojochan » Jul 11th, '07, 12:11

til now I only understand basic sentences that are too frequent in dramas: doushite? kisu shite ii desu? XD not enough to understand the deeper storylines :(
*translating arashi songs for practice!* ^_^ ganbarimasu!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 12:11

Yorokobi wrote:man i love you sig
lets all practice our japanese so that waiting for subtitles becomes a thing of the past! Can you imagine it??
man why is episode 3 so far away????

were you referring to my siggy? :D
i wish i could understand japanese. but sometimes its just getting confusing. lolz... but still i love the japanese dramas! (and korean too... )
:mrgreen:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 11th, '07, 12:13

Im living in Japan at the moment and you have no idea how much easier it is to understand dramas than it is to listen to peoples everyday conversations. But yes I agree Japanese is very confusing in all aspects but it could never stop one from watching dramas!!!!!

jojochan

Post by jojochan » Jul 11th, '07, 12:17

Yorokobi wrote:Im living in Japan at the moment and you have no idea how much easier it is to understand dramas than it is to listen to peoples everyday conversations. But yes I agree Japanese is very confusing in all aspects but it could never stop one from watching dramas!!!!!
ugh lucky you living in japan :o
Indeed, the language actually encourages me to watch dramas ^^ I just love the sound of the words and expressions (although I bet everday japanese sounds a lot less interesting than 'drama japanese' -_-)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 12:24

jojochan wrote:
Yorokobi wrote:Im living in Japan at the moment and you have no idea how much easier it is to understand dramas than it is to listen to peoples everyday conversations. But yes I agree Japanese is very confusing in all aspects but it could never stop one from watching dramas!!!!!
Indeed, the language actually encourages me to watch dramas ^^ I just love the sound of the words and expressions (although I bet everday japanese sounds a lot less interesting than 'drama japanese' -_-)

oh yeah...!!! definitely.. you just got to love the expressions and the accents.. that's one of the reasons why Jdorma attracted me to the extent of being addicted to it.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 12:25

jojochan wrote:

oh yeah...!!! definitely.. you just got to love the expressions and the accents.. that's one of the reasons why Jdorma attracted me to the extent of being addicted to it.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 11th, '07, 12:30

biniBningPunkista wrote:
jojochan wrote:

Actually everyday japanese sounds extremely cool too!!! I just wish I could understand it.
I know how lucky I am to living here just waiting for my chance to meet people like shun and matsujun ^_^ haha I wish!
But yeah Japanese is by far the best sounding language!!!!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 11th, '07, 12:34

Someone mentioned earlier about this being like a chat room and i totally agree but is there actually a desent chat room devoted to jdrama of just hana kimi anywhere???

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 12:39

Yorokobi wrote:Someone mentioned earlier about this being like a chat room and i totally agree but is there actually a desent chat room devoted to jdrama of just hana kimi anywhere???

yeah... i think there is. someone made a chat box about that.. i think the link is located in arashi.vox im not really sure. i just read it somewhere :scratch:

phenally

Post by phenally » Jul 11th, '07, 12:55

found the chatroom its at page 130

hana kimi chatroom
http://www.chatzy.com/310499882578

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 12:58

phenally wrote:found the chatroom its at page 130

hana kimi chatroom
http://www.chatzy.com/310499882578
yey... i thought i was wrong. lolz..
did you actually look for the link? you have a lot of patience looking through those pages.
:cheers:

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 11th, '07, 13:06

Welll i have been puting the link to it everwhere i can.. and page 130 isn't far off...
(also it is under my signature)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 13:19

NanaTorigawa wrote:Welll i have been puting the link to it everwhere i can.. and page 130 isn't far off...
(also it is under my signature)

haha.. sorry. i just noticed that now.

phenally

Post by phenally » Jul 11th, '07, 13:22

yuiup... come join in the chatroom ^_^

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 13:38

phenally wrote:yuiup... come join in the chatroom ^_^

awww... i logged in.. but i got bored. no ones talking... :x

jojochan

Post by jojochan » Jul 11th, '07, 13:39

lol I'll probably join the chat after I watch ep 2 (translation: about an hour after the subs are released ;) )

phenally

Post by phenally » Jul 11th, '07, 13:40

is the eps 2 sub out already?

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 11th, '07, 13:46

phenally wrote:is the eps 2 sub out already?
Not yet.

jojochan

Post by jojochan » Jul 11th, '07, 13:47

as far as I know, not yet :(

Akuma.hime

Re: EPISODE 2

Post by Akuma.hime » Jul 11th, '07, 13:53

sp4078 wrote:
Akuma.hime wrote:Okay,

I just watched episode two and I am so annoyed.....BTW, if you haven't seen this episode than I suggest you skip this post. SPOILERS AHEAD!

Anyway, I love HanaKimi it was probably one of the first manga I bought long before started learning Japanese, so naturally I was uber-excited to see that it was becoming a drama. Especially, after since the manga ended a couple years ago- I thought that it would never be animated, let along turned into a drama.
But the way they changed it kind of annoys the hell out of me. I know that when turning a manga into a drama it naturally isn't going to be the same. But artful adaptations can be made I mean look at Hana Yori Dango. The story changed to fit the drama and it was AMAZING (for the most part anyway)! But for HanaKimi they seemed to changed a lot of the things that made it really fun-- not to mention funny. I am particularly referring some of the American aspects.

Maybe its unfair to say this after only two episodes but, half the fun of was watching Mizuki get by in Japan. Yeah, she's half-Japanese but she's grown up in America so her attitude is more I don't know how to say this but "more in your face" than she appears to be. Maybe that was changed to cater more to the Japanese audience in which cause I understand since ratings are important. But to a certain extent if you strip that way you lose a little bit of Mizuki's personality.

I was also expecting her to have more of a "foreign" appearance-- probably an unreasonable assumption since Japanese speaking actresses and actors are hard to come by. I acknowledge that but I just feel that something is missing.

Oh, and the thing that REALLY pisses me off (by far more than the other things) is the reason WHY Sano stopped jumping. Its so lame!!! The writers decided that its because he got attacked in America, saving Mizuki, that he got injured and stopped jumping. And of course, Mizuki comes to Japan to help he regain his from confidence to begin it again.

Look, I know that America isn't the safest country in the world, but why does every Japanese drama focus on American crime whenever something in the show takes place in America! Its so annoying! Oh, and it PISSES me off that the crimes are ALWAYS perpetrated by black people! Again, I point to Hana Yori Dango 2 when Tsukushi gets mugged and then nearly assaulted by none other than black people. Maybe this doesn't bother anyone else, but I'm black and I currently live in Japan so this kind of crap directly effects my life here. In fact I'm writing my thesis on it!
I totally understand how you feel. Even though i'm not black but hell, i'm really annoyed about Asian's fantasy of U.S. First, U.S is not fulled of blue eyes, blond hair ppl, as both the drama and the manga mention. Actually, it's pretty rare nowaday to see a pure blondie with blue eyes.. Same thing with the language, no matter how they pull the word American out, it's not convincing with bad english. I don't mean anything, but I really don't want to hear Maki speaks English. :glare: Not only this drama, a lot of K-drama and J-drama are like that, it's really lame.

So please, clam down and rewatch the opening of first episode. "Please paddon the foolishness". Just treat it as a cliche of J-drama, and don't feel bad.
Its not that I feel bad..Its just me being annoyed more so than anything else. Oh, I fully plan on watching the entire series-- afterall I HAVE to know how Sano and Mizuki hook up! :P

Sayumi

Re: EPISODE 2

Post by Sayumi » Jul 11th, '07, 13:55

Akuma.hime wrote:
sp4078 wrote:
Akuma.hime wrote:Okay,

I just watched episode two and I am so annoyed.....BTW, if you haven't seen this episode than I suggest you skip this post. SPOILERS AHEAD!

Anyway, I love HanaKimi it was probably one of the first manga I bought long before started learning Japanese, so naturally I was uber-excited to see that it was becoming a drama. Especially, after since the manga ended a couple years ago- I thought that it would never be animated, let along turned into a drama.
But the way they changed it kind of annoys the hell out of me. I know that when turning a manga into a drama it naturally isn't going to be the same. But artful adaptations can be made I mean look at Hana Yori Dango. The story changed to fit the drama and it was AMAZING (for the most part anyway)! But for HanaKimi they seemed to changed a lot of the things that made it really fun-- not to mention funny. I am particularly referring some of the American aspects.

Maybe its unfair to say this after only two episodes but, half the fun of was watching Mizuki get by in Japan. Yeah, she's half-Japanese but she's grown up in America so her attitude is more I don't know how to say this but "more in your face" than she appears to be. Maybe that was changed to cater more to the Japanese audience in which cause I understand since ratings are important. But to a certain extent if you strip that way you lose a little bit of Mizuki's personality.

I was also expecting her to have more of a "foreign" appearance-- probably an unreasonable assumption since Japanese speaking actresses and actors are hard to come by. I acknowledge that but I just feel that something is missing.

Oh, and the thing that REALLY pisses me off (by far more than the other things) is the reason WHY Sano stopped jumping. Its so lame!!! The writers decided that its because he got attacked in America, saving Mizuki, that he got injured and stopped jumping. And of course, Mizuki comes to Japan to help he regain his from confidence to begin it again.

Look, I know that America isn't the safest country in the world, but why does every Japanese drama focus on American crime whenever something in the show takes place in America! Its so annoying! Oh, and it PISSES me off that the crimes are ALWAYS perpetrated by black people! Again, I point to Hana Yori Dango 2 when Tsukushi gets mugged and then nearly assaulted by none other than black people. Maybe this doesn't bother anyone else, but I'm black and I currently live in Japan so this kind of crap directly effects my life here. In fact I'm writing my thesis on it!
I totally understand how you feel. Even though i'm not black but hell, i'm really annoyed about Asian's fantasy of U.S. First, U.S is not fulled of blue eyes, blond hair ppl, as both the drama and the manga mention. Actually, it's pretty rare nowaday to see a pure blondie with blue eyes.. Same thing with the language, no matter how they pull the word American out, it's not convincing with bad english. I don't mean anything, but I really don't want to hear Maki speaks English. :glare: Not only this drama, a lot of K-drama and J-drama are like that, it's really lame.

So please, clam down and rewatch the opening of first episode. "Please paddon the foolishness". Just treat it as a cliche of J-drama, and don't feel bad.
Its not that I feel bad..Its just me being annoyed more so than anything else. Oh, I fully plan on watching the entire series-- afterall I HAVE to know how Sano and Mizuki hook up! :P
read the manga:P I bet they'll use the same way of hooking up in the drama
edit: nvr mind :)

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 11th, '07, 13:57

I just start downloding the second ep from CB

my cp act weird so I delete the download and re-download it

it will finish in 2 hour yay :cheers:

so the subs not out yet :unsure:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 13:58

Hana Kimi site just updated a photo gallery XD~ omg !!!

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 11th, '07, 14:02

Oguri_Shun_lover wrote:I just start downloding the second ep from CB

arashi.vox.com wont release the subs today because of watching the newest Harry Potter movie and about Kai200x I'm not sure myself.
Probably he is working on it right now so if we are lucky.. maybe 10pm~ today.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 14:04

hi...can you give me the link for the CB? coz i have no idea how to use clubbox. lolz. thanks..! ;)

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 11th, '07, 14:05

No subs yet... i'm goign to a doctors appointmkent so i hope they be out when i come back(i'm also goig to se Harry potter today... strange... the first movie i ahve seen in a while that is in the englsih language...)< i do nto watch much tv beside what i see online...

Akuma.hime

Post by Akuma.hime » Jul 11th, '07, 14:08

jess22 wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:
KaitouTsuki90 wrote:
...Although WE HATE STEREOTYPING! It cannot be helped. It happens in every country. I bet in the U.S (where I live) they stereotype Japanese people with anime, games, hentai, ninja, samurai, sushi, etc... I wish they wouldn't do that but even in America they stereotype black people as gangsters....
I totally agree with you , esp about the stereotype part... Again people shouldn't take it too important, I think they just want to make it an excuse to be able to diss this drama.. To be honest this kind of thing is seen everywhere & in many jdorama! **** again it's just a dorama, a fiction!! man!
I just saw this episode and wasn't one of the attackers white?

Also, if you want to place blame, then blame it on the American media. Most of Japanese people's perception of blacks is based on American media which is pretty stereotypical.
But at the same time Americans have more contact with people from other races at any given time when compared to the average Japanese person. So to large extent they KNOW they these are stereotypes and able to see past that. I've had so many conversation withs Japanese people and they seriously think all black people are like that. So while American media does play a large role in fueling the fire it still doesn't make it right or acceptable. It guess it just all comes down to the what will bring in the fastest buck!

phenally

Post by phenally » Jul 11th, '07, 14:13

NanaTorigawa wrote:No subs yet... i'm goign to a doctors appointmkent so i hope they be out when i come back(i'm also goig to se Harry potter today... strange... the first movie i ahve seen in a while that is in the englsih language...)< i do nto watch much tv beside what i see online...
yup same here.. i dont watch tv too ... only watch stuff i downloaded online ... jdrama.. anime... etc........... so yea .. spend so many freakin time in front of PC ... kinda bad in a way :-(

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 11th, '07, 14:14

biniBningPunkista wrote:

hi...can you give me the link for the CB? coz i have no idea how to use clubbox. lolz. thanks..! ;)
dozo http://www.haruka-nature.com/windjp/index-dl070711.html :cheers: :wub:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 14:14

NanaTorigawa wrote:No subs yet... i'm goign to a doctors appointmkent so i hope they be out when i come back(i'm also goig to se Harry potter today... strange... the first movie i ahve seen in a while that is in the englsih language...)< i do nto watch much tv beside what i see online...

whaa.. you should have seen transformers instead. lolz.. not that im dissing harry potter... but i think Transformers is way worth it. :D

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 14:16

Now talk about it, it's been a while I haven't gone to cinema ^^;

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 11th, '07, 14:17

I so wantedf to see that but we never get around in goign to see movies(My family and i)
I was thinking about it... and i'm such a geek(I was watchign akihabara@DEEP and i came up with the conclusion)

And watchign harry potter i can rightfully say i have not seen any amercan movies in a long time since Harry potter is not American...

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 11th, '07, 14:20

I want to watch harry potter too <<<< off topic :x

me too I didn't watch TV long ago :unsure:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 14:22

uhm.. I want to say it a while .. dun't u guys think that we go little off topic ?!! This is Hana Kimi, not a CB FAQ or a random chatroom ^^; I just dun't want the others think of us as spammers...

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 14:22

NanaTorigawa wrote:I so wantedf to see that but we never get around in goign to see movies(My family and i)
I was thinking about it... and i'm such a geek(I was watchign akihabara@DEEP and i came up with the conclusion)

And watchign harry potter i can rightfully say i have not seen any amercan movies in a long time since Harry potter is not American...
lolz.. yeah.. its not. its a british film actually. i think Transformers is still in cinemas... you should go and watch it in the big screen!

Nomanymore wrote:uhm.. I want to say it a while .. dun't u guys think that we go little off topic ?!! This is Hana Kimi, not a CB FAQ or a random chatroom ^^; I just dun't want the others think of us as spammers...

lolz.. ok back to hanazakari no kimitachi e. yeah..
ummm.. huh?
lolz,,, sorry i spaced out... *sigh* my dloading time is so freakin slow its starting to piss me off. :x
Last edited by biniBningPunkista on Jul 11th, '07, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 11th, '07, 14:25

any way... i want to do som funt picturs sometime... with Hana-kimi...
Just to past the time...
You know if Julia wasn't blode i would think Becky would do a good juilia or even Anna(from Kamikaze girls) But i do not knwo what they look liek righ now

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 11th, '07, 14:31

yeah we should be on topic :salut:

nana did drunk shun that one in your sigy XD

why he rais his hand

YAY I like his BIG CUTE SMILE :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 14:32

NanaTorigawa wrote:any way... i want to do som funt picturs sometime... with Hana-kimi...
Just to past the time...
You know if Julia wasn't blode i would think Becky would do a good juilia or even Anna(from Kamikaze girls) But i do not knwo what they look liek righ now

yeah.. about julia... i wish they just use becky and die her hair. :D but becky is a bit small. they should use a taller person neh?

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 11th, '07, 14:35

NanaTorigawa wrote:any way... i want to do som funt picturs sometime... with Hana-kimi...
Just to past the time...

yeah.. about julia... i wish they just use becky and die her hair. :D but becky is a bit small. they should use a taller person neh?

phenally

Post by phenally » Jul 11th, '07, 14:37

Just to past the time...
oh how bout leah dizon as julia... well she is mixed... tho i dont really like her.. sorry ... she seems to be a britney spears wannabe ... :mrgreen:

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 11th, '07, 14:49

Oguri_Shun_lover wrote:yeah we should be on topic :salut:

nana did drunk shun that one in your sigy XD

why he rais his hand

YAY I like his BIG CUTE SMILE :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Yah drunk shun is all the ones in my picture...
Why he is raising his hand:
he is drunk... and i think he is raising his hand to go turn on the light...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 14:51

I luve that part the most XD Sano is way so cuteee !!! who can imagine a drunk person could be that different to its normal self LoL

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 14:53

Just to past the time...
Becky is a good choice , I like her, funny girl LoL she'll definitely make us laugh LoL

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 11th, '07, 15:02

NanaTorigawa and nomanymore

you two make me so excited now to watch DRUNK SHUN XD :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

BTW sars will subs hanakimi YAY :cheers:

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 11th, '07, 15:09

Yah... and now i'm goign to have a new GIF with the victoms of the kissing moster...
BTW for peopel that ahve seen it... Toma was slapaing Shuns but at oen poit... i thought that was funny..

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 15:09

This is so great, I luve SARS!!!

But what'd happen to BON ? can anyone tell me ?

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 11th, '07, 15:11

Nomanymore wrote:This is so great, I luve SARS!!!

But what'd happen to BON ? can anyone tell me ?
Thay are still subbing they are just taking their time...

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 11th, '07, 15:13

wrt ratings of 16.4 being disappointing. Keep in mind, the HanaKimi timeslot, Tue @ 2100, is not as popular as Mon @ 2100. A 15 is considered low for Mon @ 2100, whereas the last time Tue@2100 broke 15 was with Aya Ueto's Attention Please in Spring 2006. 3 of the 4 dramas since averaged around a rating of 10, the 4th (Hanayome to Papa) rated highest, averaging just under 12

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Jul 11th, '07, 15:29

gyaaaaaaa Ep. 2 was GREAT!!
Toma <3333

ekk my Junpei have many role in this ep lol

Pekana

Post by Pekana » Jul 11th, '07, 15:41

auroragb wrote:wrt ratings of 16.4 being disappointing. Keep in mind, the HanaKimi timeslot, Tue @ 2100, is not as popular as Mon @ 2100. A 15 is considered low for Mon @ 2100, whereas the last time Tue@2100 broke 15 was with Aya Ueto's Attention Please in Spring 2006. 3 of the 4 dramas since averaged around a rating of 10, the 4th (Hanayome to Papa) rated highest, averaging just under 12
Wow, thank you for that information. Somehow I always learn some interesting, new bit of info when I'm reading posts on these forums. :D It's nice to know that the show is actually doing remarkably well for its timeslot.

ferine

Post by ferine » Jul 11th, '07, 15:48

ahaha been watching ep2 over and over again. Toma is :wub: :wub: :wub:

That oscar guy kinda freaks me out. He's what I call disgustingly entertaining. I can laugh but my hair stands in his presence.

And those who are still upset over the stereotype, there's not much reason to be. I didn't even notice the colour of their skin when they rushed out. They just fall under the "delinquent group". And in a sense didn't they try to dispel the stereotype that all americans are blond hair and blue-eyed when Mizuki walked through the classroom door? And though most of the dramas are trying to promote English as the "superior" language(it seems to be a measure of status, it's like only the rich speaks english in non-english drama), you know Jap people still take alot of pride in their language :) majority of them still can't speak english properly. Dramas remain dramas and as an educated person, it's most unwise to take it too seriously.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jul 11th, '07, 16:25

And in a sense didn't they try to dispel the stereotype that all americans are blond hair and blue-eyed when Mizuki walked through the classroom door?
Yeah, the blonde hair and blue eyed thing is really nothing to hanker about (and let's be honest, we Americans aren't particularly self-aware of how the rest of the world see us.) It's like Americans imagining all Nordics as blonde and blue eyed, or all Japanese women as, erm, Zhang Ziyi. :D
wrt ratings of 16.4 being disappointing. Keep in mind, the HanaKimi timeslot, Tue @ 2100, is not as popular as Mon @ 2100.
I think the key thing is that HK's ratings went up from the debut. That's very encouraging. From polling around people's responses toward First Kiss, it looks like FK will experience a significant drop, maybe even a Joudan Junai drop in ratings.

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Jul 11th, '07, 16:42

waaah :blink
This board sure grows fast :lol
I can't keep up.
But 2 episodes so far and I'm loving even if it not as accurate as the manga(that I read a long time ago) I loved Nakatsu "I like women "chant and his nosebleed :D
And the kiss parts!
Am I the only one who thinks that Umeda is hot ( I'm not weird am I :cry: )
Of course I love Shun too and Maki is a cute boy :wub: and Mizushima Hiro.

onlyonce

Post by onlyonce » Jul 11th, '07, 16:43

Really like ep 2! Especially Toma acting confused! Anyway, I think that girl on Arashi.vox is going to have softsubs out by late tonight!

KuriousKutiexoxo

Post by KuriousKutiexoxo » Jul 11th, '07, 16:59

Can't wait for the subs~ =]

<33Teresa♥

nishiryo

Post by nishiryo » Jul 11th, '07, 17:05

onlyonce wrote:Really like ep 2! Especially Toma acting confused! Anyway, I think that girl on Arashi.vox is going to have softsubs out by late tonight!
that nakatsu vision scene at the restaurant was hilarious! i loved toma's expression :lol i hope subs are released soon that would be so great!

jojochan

Post by jojochan » Jul 11th, '07, 17:05

...late tonight...what timezone are you talking about?XD

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 11th, '07, 17:33

i guess it's later today... :lol

nishiryo

Post by nishiryo » Jul 11th, '07, 17:35

i'm currently watching episode 2 again this time in HQ^^ this episode is just too cute not to watch over and over again :wub:

don't know about you guys but i'm really liking hana kimi's background music :P

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 17:53

^ raising hand!!! me too me too ^o^ look like we have same taste LoL XD

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 17:56

nishiryo wrote:
onlyonce wrote:Really like ep 2! Especially Toma acting confused! Anyway, I think that girl on Arashi.vox is going to have softsubs out by late tonight!
that nakatsu vision scene at the restaurant was hilarious! i loved toma's expression :lol i hope subs are released soon that would be so great!
Love the nosebleeing scene, lol looks so real akakak

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Jul 11th, '07, 18:05

Kinda confuse, so Asano doesn't know she is a "she" yet. If so, that really bothers me, I hope he finds out soon. I kinda like the speed and order of the Taiwanese one. I love the chemistry between Wu something and Ella. I loved the doctor in the Taiwanses one, the doctor is in the japanese version is just plain creepy.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 18:12

He'll find out in next episode ^__^

It's amusing how fans could be that demanding... either it's too fast, either it's too slow !! omg, I get lost with fans LoL

Okay I will listen to Peace to find the way akakak

Arashi-hime

Post by Arashi-hime » Jul 11th, '07, 18:21

nophankh wrote:Kinda confuse, so Asano doesn't know she is a "she" yet. If so, that really bothers me, I hope he finds out soon. I kinda like the speed and order of the Taiwanese one. I love the chemistry between Wu something and Ella. I loved the doctor in the Taiwanses one, the doctor is in the japanese version is just plain creepy.
Wu Zun-ya he was hot but i like Maki as Ashiyas role the best, and even though i'm a big fan of Wu i gotta say Shun is pretty frick'n hot especially when he was all angry looking in the first ep after he slammed one of the members of dorm...1(?) against the bathroom stall :lol

lanett

Post by lanett » Jul 11th, '07, 18:21

I am loving this series. I liked the Taiwanese one but this one is so much better. I like the flow of the episodes. can't wait till the next episode.

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Jul 11th, '07, 18:23

don't worry Hachiko-chan, ur not the only one who finds the doctor hot, i do too, is that wierd? i luv his eyes even though their probably contacts but i don't care!
anways i luved ep 2!!!! nakatsu was so funny!! and Maki was so cute dressing up as a girl!!!
wut i don't really get was why the doctor seemed really pissed that mizuki was in an all boys school? he even pressed on her injured foot? why was he all pissed? o well he got niced at the end! ep 3 sano finally finds out!!!! i can't wait until they show Sano finally being nice to mizuki cause so far he's just been cold to her :-( but i'm still luving hana-kmi!! can't wait for subs!!!!

ninjabunny

Post by ninjabunny » Jul 11th, '07, 18:37

My fav scene
when they were celebrating in Sano and Mizuki's room after the win. Nakatsu asked why they have a party in their room (while 3 of their classmates were celebrating in the main hall). Sano said something like "as long as you don't leave things (food) around, it's alright". Then Toma started eating and crumbs drizzled onto Sano's sleeve and bed.

It is such great contrast of characters. The cool and suave Sano vs. the dorky and hot headed Nakatsu.