Bad Couple (SBS, 2007) with Shin Eun Gyung

Discuss Korean drama series here.
JLR

Bad Couple (SBS, 2007) with Shin Eun Gyung

Post by JLR » May 13th, '07, 04:55

Hi, i'm starting this topic because i've just noticed that very soon will start a new drama with Shin Eun Gyung (My wife is a gangster 1 and 2, Diary of June , Blue, ect.)
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bad_Couple

She has a lot of movies, maybe more recognized for my wife is a gangster 1 and 2, but so far i've also seen "Diary of June" (2005) (great movie) and Quiz King.

This is Shin Eun Gyung
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Shin_Eun_Gyung

I really like a lot this actress, she has a smile that kills me, for real. On "my wife is a gangster" she plays as a not very femenine gangster, but (even more in my wife is a gangster 2) you can still notice how beautiful she is hehehe, and again, her smile really kills me :) and i also think she is a very, VERY good actress

The other starring role in this drama is from Ryu Soo Young, i really don't know too much about this actor.

But anyways, i just hope someone around is a fan of Shin Eun Gyung like me, and if we're lucky maybe someone upload and sub this hehehe.

Well, that's all, this was mostly about Shin Eun Gyung hehe, sorry :)

roguechinadoll

Bad Couple

Post by roguechinadoll » Jun 13th, '07, 15:36

This is the best KDrama I've seen since My Name is Kim Samsoon. Initially I decided to watch it because of Shin Eun-kyung and because the story plot sounded refreshing. I didn't recognize the lead male actor, Ryu Su Young at all. Is it just me, or does his look a lot better now that's he's matured? :wub:

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jul 5th, '07, 13:32

I absolutely love this drama. It has me laughing from beginning to end. The plot is so refreshing from all those typical sappy, "love-triangle" based dramas. I just started watching this, and had to force myself to stop, which is sad because now I have to wait for the subtitles to keep up. :lol

Shin Eun Kyung is excellent in this. She's somewhat tough like in her "My Wife is a Gangster" movies, yet at the same time so "girly". And after seeing Ryu Su Young in the movie, "Summertime", its hard for me to picture him as the shy type. :cheers:

JLR

Post by JLR » Jul 5th, '07, 14:43

I'm also having great times watching this KDrama, i guess all roles are so well mixed, i said before that i'm a fan of Shin Eun Kyung but now it's not for her that i keep watching, i guess is the best dorama i've seen in some time. And seems like girls like the main actor, so it's all good hehe.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jul 5th, '07, 14:46

JLR wrote:I'm also having great times watching this KDrama, i guess all roles are so well mixed, i said before that i'm a fan of Shin Eun Kyung but now it's not for her that i keep watching, i guess is the best dorama i've seen in some time. And seems like girls like the main actor, so it's all good hehe.
Yeah, its no doubt the females are the main stars of this drama, but the lead male isn't so bad. Though I'm used to seeing him in other things, I would have never thought of him as an option for the character, but he plays it so well. I can't wait to see how this drama develops.

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Jul 5th, '07, 22:49

okay, this might be a stupid question, but i really wanna know. initially the lead male cast was Lee Dong Wook, right? what has happened then? i haven't been catching up on the news since last April. kinda busy though.

JLR

Post by JLR » Jul 6th, '07, 01:34

I really don't know about that :S if i find something i'll let you know.

HQLover

Post by HQLover » Jul 6th, '07, 03:54

this is a great series so far...it's hillarious!

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Jul 6th, '07, 07:58

Javabeans says:

I wasn’t sure how I’d like the series ever since super-Hallyu star Lee Dong Wook dropped out of the project, citing dissatisfaction with the script and story — not exactly a vote of confidence. But I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy the first two episodes of Bad Couple, and will definitely be sticking around, at least in the near future, to see how things pan out.

This girl is seriously cute. :P

I'm enjoying the Java summaries.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/06/sbs-bad-couple

idiscolikeathug

Post by idiscolikeathug » Jul 6th, '07, 08:11

I'm so in love with this drama!!! >__<

I found the plot very refreshing too! After being severely disappointed in Hello! Miss, (no offense devoted Lee Da Hae fans ^_^) I was so happy about this drama! It's mature yet still contains so much humour. And I love that the main character isn't the innocent-every-man-in-her-region-wants-her typical character, but she has her good and bad sides- not just heavily portraying one of the sides. I also like how they have the other story going on at the same time with the doctor's wife. ^_^ I thought it was well directed.

Anyways, I was expecting a lot more hype over this drama since it's so good.

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Jul 6th, '07, 08:22

thank goodness.. it's not just me who's dissatisfied with hello miss.. i dropped the drama halfway even if the subbing was really fast (thanks fansubbers) coz it failed to capture my attention... im a ldh fan too but unlike my girl, i just didnt like this one.. it seemed like a formula drama. ooops, ok,enough about hello miss..

im here to rave about bad couple. i am enjoying it really well.. im reading dramabeans' blog and it's getting a little sad but i hope the drama picks up in the latter episodes.. really great acting! and the little girl is cute too

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Jul 6th, '07, 12:44

okay, thank you so much for your replies. i'll definitely watch this show! ;) sounds pretty good

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jul 6th, '07, 15:49

idiscolikeathug wrote:I'm so in love with this drama!!! >__<

Anyways, I was expecting a lot more hype over this drama since it's so good.
I know what you mean. I was surprised too to see that the drama's ratings weren't so good and no one was talkign about it. I think this is the best drama I've seen in a long time, maybe we just need to get the word out to people to watch it.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jul 6th, '07, 17:04

i heard such good stuff about this drama (forgot where, maybe popseoul or soompi) so i had to check it out. i fell in love with it from the first episode. even though the theme is a little more mature than other dramas, i have to say that it handles it well. and the lead characters are so great in their roles. ryu soo young just has that innocent puppy dog earnestness look down. and shin eun gyung is so believeable as the career woman who suddenly realizes that things aren't what she'd expected in life. i also really like the supporting cast. at first, i really did not like like choi jung yoon's character, han young, because she was such a doormat, but she's beginning to show some life in recent episodes.

edit: thanks Bam-Bam for posting the link to the episode summaries. after reading the next episode's (i couldn't resist) i might just break down and watch the chinese subbed version instead of waiting for the english subs... :roll

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Jul 6th, '07, 17:30

yeap me too! i like this drama and it's so different than the rest. i like both leads. i think the actor is in my 19 vs 30 or something like that...i'm don't really remember the title of the drama but it was kinda good and i like it

yeah i wasn't into hello miss either..oh well next time maybe will be better.

the rating is not good? maybe because it was just a different premise than usual but boy! they're missing a lot.

JLR

Post by JLR » Jul 6th, '07, 18:02

Glad to see that more and more people it's becoming aware of how great this drama is, i was hoping for this to happen, great !

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Jul 7th, '07, 09:47

milleu87 wrote:yeap me too! i like this drama and it's so different than the rest. i like both leads. i think the actor is in my 19 vs 30 or something like that...i'm don't really remember the title of the drama but it was kinda good and i like it

yeah i wasn't into hello miss either..oh well next time maybe will be better.

the rating is not good? maybe because it was just a different premise than usual but boy! they're missing a lot.
haha.. i think you meant 18 vs 29.... you missed by one.. :-)

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Jul 7th, '07, 19:52

You can watch this on UTube.

Ratings have also picked up.

Date Episode Nationwide Seoul
2007-06-02 1 9.6 (13th) 10.3 (10th)
2007-06-03 2 10.3 (15th) 11.3 (14th)
2007-06-09 3 10.6 (8th) 11.4 (7th)
2007-06-10 4 10.9 (11th) 11.8 (9th)
2007-06-16 5 9.7 (7th) 10.7 (7th)
2007-06-17 6 11.7 (11th) 12.5 (8th)
2007-06-23 7 12.6 (6th) 13.2 (5th)
2007-06-24 8 12.9 (10th) 14.0 (7th)
2007-06-30 9 14.8 (5th) 16.2 (4th)
2007-07-01 10 14.5 (7th) 15.5 (5th)

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bad_Couple

I don't understand how Lee Dong Wook turned this script down, saying the script sucked?
:scratch:

JLR

Post by JLR » Jul 7th, '07, 21:08

Maybe he had some kind of problem with the director or writer or someone on the project
Or he was just in a bad mood :)

sweet-apple

Post by sweet-apple » Jul 8th, '07, 02:21

hahhaha the devil (that's what i call him...don't you think he looks like one with his eyebrows :lol ) makes another funny comedy...can't wait to watch!

anachronista

Post by anachronista » Jul 11th, '07, 12:57

looks like an angel to me......... :wub:

I don't think this was LDW's type of role at all. RSY is so much more suited to it. I'm hoping it gives a big boost to his career and popularity. Also hope it gets to DVD.

snowangel414

Post by snowangel414 » Jul 13th, '07, 02:24

Yupe I agree, RSY is a good actor. This drama is so delightful to watch b/c the main actor and actress are superb at their roles. A few scenes were so emotional to watch that I had to cry along.... I really love this drama!!!! Oh and the song that they played while the 2 main characters decided to break up... boy.... very good lyrics!! Must see must see!!!!

dalia

Post by dalia » Jul 30th, '07, 01:06

I originally was not going to watch this drama once I heard Lee Dong Wook was not going to be apart of it anymore. But I'm so glad I decided to watch it! It is sooo good and I can't imagine anyone but Ryu Soo Young as Gi Chan!

cherillyn

Post by cherillyn » Aug 6th, '07, 06:41

So the male lead is from 18 vs 29? He did all right in that drama but it was the female lead that killed it for me.

I remember I was at crossroads deciding on whether to watch What's up fox since the reviews were good but apparently way too underrated and when I finally watched it, it turned out to be a fantastic drama - that's why I'm going to give Bad Couples a go as I believe the value the viewers comment more than the superficial ratings.

dalia

Post by dalia » Aug 11th, '07, 07:23

After watching the final episodes of Bad Couple, it now is one of my favorite KDramas EVER!!!! It is really underrated. I mean only 2 pages of comments?! I really hope more people have watched it and are just not commenting. It is such a great drama, I laughed and cried and I adored just about every character in the drama! Especially the main couple - how could you NOT love them?! I'm still re-watching the episodes rather than watching new Kdramas.

*deep breath* okay, done with my mini-rant. Everyone who hasn't watched this drama, give it a go!!!

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Aug 12th, '07, 12:50

i just finished watching this and its become one of my fav series!
its sooo good! and the ending was just perfect.
its a great mix between making you howl with laughter and cry with sadness.
i didnt find it draggy at all...looking forward to watching the rest of the 'bad' trilogy now. =)

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Aug 22nd, '07, 07:23

I am gonna watch this next. Am just finishing Capital Scandal which is also equally good. Well, I am glad that Lee Dong Wok is not in this series. I guess his looks is more appropriate to "boy next door" type of role.

Star42985

Post by Star42985 » Sep 4th, '07, 14:14

i really enjoyed this drama. the dynamic of the different plot lines really wove in well together. as much as I enjoyed the main couple, I also really got so many laughs and cried for the couple that goes through separation. Yoo Gun as Seo Jung Soo is just WAYY TOO CUTE

fartyman

Bad Couple ep. 11 51 minutes in...

Post by fartyman » Dec 13th, '07, 23:09

What song is Jung Soo singing??? Playing on the piano...

I'd rather get the original track, if you know what I mean...

*member*

Post by *member* » May 1st, '08, 23:22

the story is great, very refreshing with a nice flow to it. the ending was perfect. the acting was really accurate and funny. i really like the leading actor cause his character was just to cute, innocent jajajja. personally my favorite story was the one of her friend and the cheating husband ( the doctor) i liked how she evolved from a very fragile housewife to a strong independent woman.

leenzy

Post by leenzy » May 27th, '08, 07:26

this drama was very interesting. :wub: .i think..its funny!! and also sad..very touching...initially..it was funny and it became sad when Dang Ja pregnant and suddenly got ovary cancer..it was very sad!!.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: very touching..i kept Crying :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: until the final episode..i was glad that they live happily after 6 years..it was GREAT DRAMA..and also all of the cast played their role succesfully!!. :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :salut: :salut: :salut: :wub:

P/S : GOOD to watch it!!..worth to recommend to all... :wub:

minggy

Post by minggy » May 31st, '08, 07:55

Thankyou

quotie

Post by quotie » Aug 10th, '08, 22:12

Just finished this drama.

Liked very much, but sadly Han Young and Joon Soo didn't get more screentime. I hoped the ending would more clear about their relationship.

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Nov 16th, '08, 06:43

Just finished watching this, and enjoyed it very much. Many thanks to everyone who worked on it! I was hoping for sooo long that
the doctor husband would end up ALONE, and the housewife & the model would end up together [sorry, I'm really REALLY bad with Korean names (>_<)] so nice to see it actually work out that way!! :cheers: Well, more or less that way, at least.
I actually found the main guy to be a bit TOO sweet, innocent, and obedient to his parents, but when it really counted he did come through. And, I pretty much knew what the ending would be for a long time, but it was happy, so I'm happy. :lol

Odd question - at the end of ep. 15 & 16, there is an ad/preview for another drama, anyone know what drama that is?? It looks interesting, but I have no clue what the name is. :scratch:

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 19th, '08, 14:30

I thought this drama was the weakest out of the "Bad" series (Family > Housewife > Couple), and the main reason was because I didn't like the two leads as I thought they were very incompatible. But there were some good moments and I absolutely love Choi Jung Yoon (the housewife), man she was cute!
TofuQueen wrote:Odd question - at the end of ep. 15 & 16, there is an ad/preview for another drama, anyone know what drama that is?? It looks interesting, but I have no clue what the name is. :scratch:
Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung

Oh Ji Ho
Uhm Jung Hwa

I have yet to see it but might start on it soon :)

nell123

Post by nell123 » Nov 19th, '08, 15:50

@ kobe23:

I disagree. Have you seen "Bad Love"? That's really bad. That's the first and the last tragic romance I watched. I'll never do that again.
"Bad Couple" was fun and silly with some surprising elements: the girl is the player 8) , the guy is shy and innocent :-) , and it has cancer but nobody dies... :D
I haven't seen the other dramas you've mentioned but if you say they are better I'll try them. I'm not watching anything at the moment anyway....

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Nov 19th, '08, 17:59

kobe23 wrote:I thought this drama was the weakest out of the "Bad" series (Family > Housewife > Couple), and the main reason was because I didn't like the two leads as I thought they were very incompatible. But there were some good moments and I absolutely love Choi Jung Yoon (the housewife), man she was cute!
TofuQueen wrote:Odd question - at the end of ep. 15 & 16, there is an ad/preview for another drama, anyone know what drama that is?? It looks interesting, but I have no clue what the name is. :scratch:
Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung
Oh Ji Ho
Uhm Jung Hwa
I have yet to see it but might start on it soon :)
"Bad" series... :scratch: Are they written/produced/something by the same people? I just read the descriptions & they don't seem to have anything in common, so I'm curious.

I thought that part of the message of the whole series was that sometimes people who "don't match" on the surface actually do match very well. The two leads didn't seem like they'd match, but when they were together, they really did. The housewife & the model also "didn't match" but were clearly happiest when together, or even when loving each other but not able to be together.

I also found it interesting that the only reason the whole situation turned out well was
the baby.

If the main gal hadn't gotten pregnant when she did, either the cancer would have been too advanced by the time it was found & she would have died, or they would have taken her uterus out right away, before the *itch doctor got training in the new treatment that enabled them to treat the cancer & not have to remove her uterus.

If she hadn't gotten pregnant, she never would have met up with the main guy again, and he would never have stood up to his family instead of just going along with what they wanted. And without the baby, there's no way his family would have accepted her unless she agreed to give up her job & become the (extremely) traditional wife they'd been planning on.
Currently dling "Get Karl" but I'm watching a 20-ep Taiwanese drama right now so who knows when I'll actually watch it. :P

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 22nd, '08, 10:59

TofuQueen wrote: "Bad" series... :scratch: Are they written/produced/something by the same people? I just read the descriptions & they don't seem to have anything in common, so I'm curious.
I can't seem to be able to find any proof that they're related (other than the fact that they're all SBS dramas), but I am pretty sure I read about it at Soompi that the Housewife/Family/Couple dramas are produced by the same people. I might do some digging and see what I can find :)
nell123 wrote:I disagree. Have you seen "Bad Love"? That's really bad. That's the first and the last tragic romance I watched. I'll never do that again.
Bad Love is definitely not related to the "Bad" series in any way. But yes, I have heard so many BAD things about it.
I thought that part of the message of the whole series was that sometimes people who "don't match" on the surface actually do match very well.
To be honest that's pretty much the message to almost ANY k-drama, but yet there are plenty of dramas where the two leads seem to match up quite well despite their differences. With Bad Couple it wasn't so much the characters that I found incompatible, but the two actors who played them made me feel a bit uneasy.
Currently dling "Get Karl" but I'm watching a 20-ep Taiwanese drama right now so who knows when I'll actually watch it. :P
Just a stab in the dark, but any chance that Taiwanese drama you're watching is My Lucky Star? I'm gonna start watching that soon and am also currently downloading Get Karl :O

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Nov 22nd, '08, 13:59

am also currently downloading Get Karl
Have to tell you that this is one of the worst drama I've had the misfortune to start. I couldn't finish the series. The 2 leads are such lame characters that I actually think they deserve each other to save the rest of the world from having to deal with them!

Okay back on topic, the idea behind the story of bad couple is quite interesting but as the show progresses it just deteriorate to become a really bad story! Didn't like how they turn an independent modern woman into a desperate manhunter.

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Nov 22nd, '08, 15:40

kobe23 wrote:
TofuQueen wrote:I thought that part of the message of the whole series was that sometimes people who "don't match" on the surface actually do match very well.
To be honest that's pretty much the message to almost ANY k-drama, but yet there are plenty of dramas where the two leads seem to match up quite well despite their differences. With Bad Couple it wasn't so much the characters that I found incompatible, but the two actors who played them made me feel a bit uneasy.
Is it? Clearly I haven't watched enough K-dramas... :D
kobe23 wrote:
TofuQueen wrote:Currently dling "Get Karl" but I'm watching a 20-ep Taiwanese drama right now so who knows when I'll actually watch it. :P
Just a stab in the dark, but any chance that Taiwanese drama you're watching is My Lucky Star? I'm gonna start watching that soon and am also currently downloading Get Karl :O
:blink :blink :blink ....As a matter of fact, I *am* watching My Lucky Star right now, how the heck did you know that?? I won't spoil anything for you, but I will say that the dubbed voice for the main girl drives me kind of nuts. It's not terrible, but it's awfully weird to have *one* voice obviously dubbed when the rest aren't. :crazy:

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 24th, '08, 13:59

morserachel wrote:
Have to tell you that this is one of the worst drama I've had the misfortune to start. I couldn't finish the series. The 2 leads are such lame characters that I actually think they deserve each other to save the rest of the world from having to deal with them!.
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep that in mind when I watch the first 2 episodes :)
TofuQueen wrote:....As a matter of fact, I *am* watching My Lucky Star right now, how the heck did you know that?? I won't spoil anything for you, but I will say that the dubbed voice for the main girl drives me kind of nuts. It's not terrible, but it's awfully weird to have *one* voice obviously dubbed when the rest aren't. :crazy:
Not really sure how I figured that one. I guess because we were discussing Bad Couple and downloading Get Karl and also watching a 20ep TW drama, I just had that feeling it was My Lucky Star :)

Yeah I was wondering why they would cast a Korean actress in a TW drama but I guess they can't exactly use Ariel Lin or Rainie Yang every single time, and plus, Yoo Ha Na is way prettier than any actress from TW. It's a shame about her dubbed voice though....I find it really annoying as well :crazy:

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Dec 4th, '08, 07:43

kobe23 wrote:
morserachel wrote:
Have to tell you that this is one of the worst drama I've had the misfortune to start. I couldn't finish the series. The 2 leads are such lame characters that I actually think they deserve each other to save the rest of the world from having to deal with them!.
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep that in mind when I watch the first 2 episodes :)
Apologies for the off-topic-ness, but after watching the first 9 episodes of Get Karl, I would say...have patience...things are not always as they seem!

If you go by the first two eps, yeah, she's a greedy b*tch and he's a doormat. Keep watching a few more eps and it will be clear that many, MANY appearances are deceptive in this show...I still have 7 eps to watch, but I'm quite enjoying it. :thumright:

bhebhethartz

Post by bhebhethartz » Dec 12th, '08, 04:41

is this series good? I have downloaded the entire series and still waiting on my hard drive.. i'd like to know if I wouldnt be wasting my time watching this.. is the ending nice?? thanks

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Dec 12th, '08, 15:23

is this series good?
That's a difficult question because it all boils down to personal preferences. I myself will place it in my list of 'even if you don't watch you are not missing out on anything'. To me the biggest flaw is the storyline. The show has no direction. It is as if they just threw everything in and hope that it works. It started okay but just became worse as the story goes on. Furthermore the 2 main leads don't have chemistry. You should watch her with Ryu Jin in Angry Mom (great chemistry) to see what I mean.

Anyway since your favourite drama is Goong and mine is Resurrection, your taste might differ from mine.

Since you have downloaded the series I suggest you might as well give it a try.