[TwDrama] My Lucky Star (TTV/SETTV, 2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jun 25th, '07, 04:38

IMO, this is the best taiwanese series so far. Not sure why people like DBY or ISWK so much. Both didnt even have a decent storyline. Ha Na(Ah Xing) the female lead actress is great. She's doing a great job for a newcomer & for a person who speak little mandarin. Ha Na would do wonders filming in Korean series. She has the charm to become a star in Korea. It'll be easier on her as well since she's Korean.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 25th, '07, 04:51

crazylife123 wrote:She's doing a great job for a newcomer & for a person who speak little mandarin.
:lol That because she's not the one speaking. Her voice is dubbed. I think most of what she say is actually in Korean. At least that's what it said in an article I read. I don't remember where the article was though..... :scratch:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jun 25th, '07, 05:03

Puppet Princess wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:She's doing a great job for a newcomer & for a person who speak little mandarin.
:lol That because she's not the one speaking. Her voice is dubbed. I think most of what she say is actually in Korean. At least that's what it said in an article I read. I don't remember where the article was though..... :scratch:
I'm not talking about her voice but her acting skills. Looks natural. Rainie has been in more series than Ha Na. However, Ha Na seem to be a better actress.

chikordrama

Post by chikordrama » Jun 25th, '07, 17:36

AkumaX wrote:yes, we did splice in the intros for the rest of the episodes. sadly, we had to do it for every episode past episode 8 for hana kimi. d'oh!
Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know. =)

tcgx2002

Post by tcgx2002 » Jun 26th, '07, 16:58

i also think HaNa is a better actress. BTw, i was kinda reading her lips, i think shes not speaking korean all the time. lol.

BTW, is anyone interested in the RAW torrents, i know theres a lot of people who understand mandarin, but cant read it, so its hard to find torrents cuz everything is in chinese.

I can upload the RAW torrents upon request or msg and I'll send you the link to DL :)

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 26th, '07, 18:16

tcgx2002 wrote:BTw, i was kinda reading her lips, i think shes not speaking korean all the time. lol.
Yeah, I said most of the time, not always. The majority of what she says doesn't match her lips but every once in a while she does speak in Chinese. I notice it on the easier and more common words. Like, she will say a phrase in Chinese but not an entire speech. It's kind of funny but most people don't pay that close attention to details like that so it's ok.

dragonfly_

Post by dragonfly_ » Jun 26th, '07, 20:18

After the five years, the series has gotten better and better! :w00t:
Can't wait till next episode!

tcgx2002

Post by tcgx2002 » Jun 27th, '07, 07:03

Puppet Princess wrote:
Yeah, I said most of the time, not always. The majority of what she says doesn't match her lips but every once in a while she does speak in Chinese. I notice it on the easier and more common words. Like, she will say a phrase in Chinese but not an entire speech. It's kind of funny but most people don't pay that close attention to details like that so it's ok.
i try so hard not to look at her lips, but its so hard lol...

I want to hear her speak chinese. Cant be that bad right?
Leon Jay Williams accent is pretty noticable heh...

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 27th, '07, 07:33

I think her voice is dubbed for the whole thing though. So even is she is speaking Chinese it's still not her voice. It would be very weird to change back and forth between the dubbers voice and her own. :P So I don't know where you can actually hear her speak Chinese.

dragonfly_

Post by dragonfly_ » Jun 27th, '07, 15:58

You can hear her speak chinese in some of the Behind the scenes. It sounded OK. She even sings
a chinese song...from the singer Deng li jun (don't know how to spell it exactly in pin yin)

moo-moo

Post by moo-moo » Jun 30th, '07, 14:50

thank you very much

dautuongtu

Post by dautuongtu » Jun 30th, '07, 16:47

i just finished ep. 5 that sublime subbed .... Jimmy was so sweet of what he said at Fruit Prince competition .... i'm so addicted to this series that i watched the next episode w/o subtile .... silly me

I wonder how many episodes does this series has.

crispyfly

Post by crispyfly » Jul 1st, '07, 23:10

i really want to ask when is ep 17 gonna come out. Im waiting for it and i couldn't find any icefish link to dl ep 17. Can someone help me.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 2nd, '07, 00:09

dautuongtu wrote:i just finished ep. 5 that sublime subbed .... Jimmy was so sweet of what he said at Fruit Prince competition .... i'm so addicted to this series that i watched the next episode w/o subtile .... silly me

I wonder how many episodes does this series has.
My cousin and I laughed so hard when he sang the song. Asians really shouldn't sing in English if they can't pronounce the words correctly. It just makes it sound awful, especially when it's such a well know song.

There are supposed to be 19 episodes.

Episode 17 icefish torrent.

Dare_Devil09

Post by Dare_Devil09 » Jul 3rd, '07, 18:10

does any1 know where I can download episode 6 and up raw??

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 3rd, '07, 18:19

btchina.com

Dare_Devil09

Post by Dare_Devil09 » Jul 6th, '07, 06:23

but I can't read chinese.....

mybossmyhero

Post by mybossmyhero » Jul 7th, '07, 00:57

omg, i just finished episode 6 and i saw the preview for episode 7 and it was so sad. can't wait for it.

yayanomi

Post by yayanomi » Jul 15th, '07, 19:12

late comer to this series, but gotta say i like it! esp. jimmy lin role..transition from easy going to harsh reality personality

sweetmid9angel

Post by sweetmid9angel » Jul 21st, '07, 03:41

can anybody give me the links to download the raws bcuz i cant read chinese to use icefish or ydy...
cuz i really wanna see ep.20 but i cant find it anywhere...

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 21st, '07, 04:14

sweetmid9angel wrote:can anybody give me the links to download the raws bcuz i cant read chinese to use icefish or ydy...
cuz i really wanna see ep.20 but i cant find it anywhere...
btchina has pictures, so you don't need to be able to read. Just copy-paste and look through the pictures to make sure it's the right show. The episode numbers are in English numbers most of the time so it's not hard.

And about the drama. Holy crap. I want to cry after watching episode 7.... the previews for ep08 were just so :goggle:. It makes me sad that I must wait patiently for the next episode because I promised myself I would be good and not watch the RAWs.

*goes to find something to distract herself with*

mmmmm naked Jimmy. Gah! Not working.

saby

Post by saby » Jul 21st, '07, 08:55

hmm I wanted to watch this but I couldnt find the drama with english subs... guess there are no english subs.. :scratch:

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 21st, '07, 17:28

Only up to episode seven. It's still being worked on.

saby

Post by saby » Jul 21st, '07, 17:34

Puppet Princess wrote:Only up to episode seven. It's still being worked on.
omg you guys are the best

Im learning chinese now soo I hope that I will be able to help in the future ( but dont count on it cuz chinese is so freking hard :cry: 9

starstruck

Post by starstruck » Jul 25th, '07, 17:53

just finish this drama. my favorite taiwan drama this year! :D

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Aug 1st, '07, 08:19

Alittle O/T, but would any of you guys mind translating "Wo Men De Ji Nian" by Li Ya Wei?

Btw, Yoo Ha Na is an awesome actress :thumleft:

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Aug 2nd, '07, 00:47

The song has already been translated. Check here:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/My_Lucky_Star_OST

bent

Post by bent » Aug 4th, '07, 11:51

it says 'forbidden' for me?

any1 know the links to get ep 9 onwards? preferably with eng hard sub?

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Aug 4th, '07, 13:29

Sublime hasn't given update on ep 9. So I think it's not out yet.

Here is another site to get ep 01-20. No Eng sub.
http://bt.ydy.com/view.php?tid=44799&language=cn
Attachments

[The extension torrent has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

babybeck
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by babybeck » Aug 8th, '07, 11:12

bent wrote:
it says 'forbidden' for me?

any1 know the links to get ep 9 onwards? preferably with eng hard sub?
If you guys know Veoh (similar to youtube), it has the english subbed eps up to 17.
Here's the link to the person's videos....
http://www.veoh.com/userVideos.html?use ... cupracacia

happybi

Post by happybi » Aug 14th, '07, 14:01

Please vote for MLS!!!!

http://ent.sina.com.cn/f/v/sinatvtop2/index.shtml

Hana Kimi is catching up!!!

If if u can't read chinese just scroll to the middle of the screen and you will see the picture of MLS. After you select MLS, click the left button to vote and the right button to see the votes. You can vote again after 5 minutes. Thanks

Thank you!!

noriblue

Post by noriblue » Aug 29th, '07, 14:49

Finished watching this on veoh, I love it....
Highly recommended if you are a Jimmy Lin's fan. If you're not, just watch it anyway. haha it's fun. He looks so freaking young.

Watch it from here:
http://www.veoh.com/series/MLSucupracacia
Everything's Eng Subbed, up to ep 20 (end). There's also Eng subbed behind the scenes.

I think Lee Wei (Han Zhi Yin) looks like Vaness...
Wow, I didn't see that "marriage contract" coming... haha. It's a very popular Korean Drama theme, but didn't think MLS will have it for the last 3 episodes.
To happybi: I voted :D

kcabrera3

Post by kcabrera3 » Aug 29th, '07, 15:07

noriblue wrote:Finished watching this on veoh, I love it....
Highly recommended if you are a Jimmy Lin's fan. If you're not, just watch it anyway. haha it's fun. He looks so freaking young.

Watch it from here:
http://www.veoh.com/series/MLSucupracacia
Everything's Eng Subbed, up to ep 20 (end). There's also Eng subbed behind the scenes.

I think Lee Wei (Han Zhi Yin) looks like Vaness...
Wow, I didn't see that "marriage contract" coming... haha. It's a very popular Korean Drama theme, but didn't think MLS will have it for the last 3 episodes.
To happybi: I voted :D
I agree!! You can see it in veoh and it last 3 ep were really cool

dreampryncezz

Post by dreampryncezz » Aug 29th, '07, 15:34

Definitely one of my favorite dramas so far. I didn't know Jimmy Lin existed before this drama, but I really like him now. He's so cool with the constant smirk on his face and his dimples. Plus, I read up on him. He's so incredibly talented, and this role really portrays his real talents also. The girl is an awesome actress also.

I cried a lot just because it was so sweet! :wub:

Does anyone know where I can download all the episodes?

Thanks so much.

mermaiidsis

Post by mermaiidsis » Sep 1st, '07, 08:46

i absolutely loved this drama. and when i like something, i go completely OBSESSED! haha

jimmy is so cute/adorable/hot! all the complimenting words i could think of. haha

this was hana's first drama, i read somewhere that the directors saw her on a magazine and asked her to film for this?? not sure if its right but yeah.. LOL

i watched it all on veoh and you can also download off there, so i have all episodes. Ive re-watched it so many times, LOL

does anyone know the song jimmy sings in ep4 on the guitar?? ive been searching everywhere for its.

btw, recommended to watch the behind the scenes if you've finished. 100% you'll get a laugh, all the actors seem so nice to each other like a big happy family. then the behind the scenes for the last couple of eps was so sad, end of filming- means end of drama for fans, NOOO! lol hehe

My lucky star FTW !!

michelle2041

Post by michelle2041 » Sep 1st, '07, 09:18

My Lucky Star was by far one of the best drama this year i love the fact that it didn't drag for it being 20 ep long, it had everything it was funny, sad, happy and jimmy lin was so hot i couldn't believe his age i'm so grateful this person decided to sub this drama out of her own time for everyone to watch she's not part of any sub groups, might i add she was also a really fast subber had a new ep out every 3 to 4 days i highly RECOMMEND this drama!!! :D

cassarollsushi

Post by cassarollsushi » Sep 6th, '07, 21:43

my lucky star is a really really good drama, i highly recommend it,
i kinda wish the last episode was a bit more romantic(yeah, it was good) but i don't really care that much about xiao rou (did i spell that right)? :P
oh, i watched it from veoh, thank you SOOOOOO much ucupracacia :D :D :D :D

winner

Post by winner » Sep 9th, '07, 02:31

hi, mind if i join too.. hehe..

i also like this drama too.. the most best drama for me this year.. hope to see jimmy and hana play in another series together again.. haha.. ^.^

Fin_gurly

Post by Fin_gurly » Sep 12th, '07, 14:18

this drama is so good...im still ep. 10 but im going to watch it in veoh!!thanks for the link :cheers: i just love Shivian Lee - Wo Men De Jinian song :wub:

Fin_gurly

Post by Fin_gurly » Sep 12th, '07, 14:41

well i want to buy my lucky star with eng subs on DVD but i can't find it anywhere..so please can somebody help me..??thanks..^^ :unsure:

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Sep 30th, '07, 20:07

omg, i just finished this drama, and it was AWESOME, it gets better later on in the story. love the cold, mean Jimmy. one of the best dramas ever.

mermaiidsis

Post by mermaiidsis » Oct 7th, '07, 10:24

Fin_gurly wrote:well i want to buy my lucky star with eng subs on DVD but i can't find it anywhere..so please can somebody help me..??thanks..^^ :unsure:
i too, want to purchase it with english subs but ITS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! does anyone know?! im willing to pay watever, it is and always will be my number one drama! everything about it is good.. i dont think i found one bit draggy or boring!

*sighs* i wish i could wipe my memory of it so i could re-watch it and re-live the happy moments as well as sad moments when i watch it! awwwww

MY LUCKY STAR!! WOOHOO :wub:

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Oct 7th, '07, 17:25

You're not going to find English subtitles. They only do that when they license it--which would mean we can't sub it anymore. It just doesn't exist. (Yet.)

Yeah, I love Jimmy Lin. I remember him vividly from Demi-God and Semi-Devils. He was totally adorably lovestruck (over and over) there, too.

The ending DEFINTELY gets soooooo much better. The middle (ep 10-12) was a little draggy for me, mostly because it was all angst and I can't deal, but Jimmy is so freakin' hot in the later episodes. Dang! And the model dude was way cute, too.

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Oct 8th, '07, 23:48

I have to say the first 12 episodes were good! The last 8 episodes were even better! It really picks up around the middle! I do not want to spoil it for anyone... So go watch it PLEASE! :P :thumleft:

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Oct 9th, '07, 00:42

Behind the scenes came out! Woohoo! I looked through some of it. It's really awesome because, apparently (from what I skimmed), Jimmy does his own driving scenes. W00t for men who can drive!

knuts

Post by knuts » Nov 24th, '07, 17:03

If you are looking for the raw of this drama, check:

http://clubbox.co.kr/suna4u

no, it is not my cb
Would be good, if the thread owner could add this link to the first post. Saves people lot of searching, no?

femina83

Post by femina83 » Nov 29th, '07, 16:11

My Lucky Star is by far one of the best taiwanese series of the year and one of the best i have watchd in a long time.The storyline is great and the actors were excellent in their respective roles...Jimmy Lin,Lee Wei and Ha Na!I wish they have a season 2 for this series....Ha Na is beautiful and her chemistry with both Jimmy and Lee Wei is also great....i really couldnt belive Jimmy Lin,he sure looks much much better with his age.I remeber watching him in movies some 7 or 8 yrs back,comparatively he looks soo great here..he's hot and rocking!...definitely a recommendable drama...

bean

Post by bean » Dec 17th, '07, 14:10

Lol, y this thread oni have 8 page????? Impossible.. coz this drama is really great and interesting, for me its way better then hana kimi :crazy: ..

Haha, jimmy really open my eyes through tis drama, his charm and acting skill make me fall in love with him again after 8 or 9 years... I remeber wathcing his drama back in 2000 name legendary sibling.. hhehee..

erm, does anyone noe whether yoo ha na is korea or taiwan ppl?? i cant blv this is her 1st time on screen.. :thumleft: recommend tis drama to everyone !

tiddayy

Post by tiddayy » Dec 17th, '07, 16:41

bean wrote:Lol, y this thread oni have 8 page????? Impossible.. coz this drama is really great and interesting, for me its way better then hana kimi :crazy: ..

Haha, jimmy really open my eyes through tis drama, his charm and acting skill make me fall in love with him again after 8 or 9 years... I remeber wathcing his drama back in 2000 name legendary sibling.. hhehee..

erm, does anyone noe whether yoo ha na is korea or taiwan ppl?? i cant blv this is her 1st time on screen.. :thumleft: recommend tis drama to everyone !
Yoo Ha Na is Korean...what amazes me is the fact, from what I hear, that they pretty much filmed the whole thing w/ her speaking in korean then dubbing later--while being able to capture ALL the chemistry wow.

i agree...this drama is WAYYYYY better than a lot of the other tw dramas out there right now.

karin88

Post by karin88 » Dec 21st, '07, 12:34

I agree with u too, this is the best drama I ever watch in a long time. I wish there is season2 :(

sarasa36

Post by sarasa36 » Dec 21st, '07, 13:45

I really enjoyed watching this drama.
And it's true that the main character of the girl resemble to the one who has made My girl, the Korean drama.

bean

Post by bean » Dec 22nd, '07, 02:22

sarasa36 wrote:I really enjoyed watching this drama.
And it's true that the main character of the girl resemble to the one who has made My girl, the Korean drama.
Ya, but i think her acting is better den lee da-hae coz sometimes for me i think lee da-hae acting is too over.. i mean its kinda fake..

But for me la, lee da-hae prettier den yoo hana... hahah,.. Anyway juz watch tis drama.. u wont regret.. haha..

sarasa36

Post by sarasa36 » Dec 23rd, '07, 10:58

bean wrote:
sarasa36 wrote:I really enjoyed watching this drama.
Ya, but i think her acting is better den lee da-hae coz sometimes for me i think lee da-hae acting is too over.. i mean its kinda fake..

But for me la, lee da-hae prettier den yoo hana... hahah,.. Anyway juz watch tis drama.. u wont regret.. haha..
yes, you're right i prefer my lucky star than my girl :D

baka-ranger
Location: Either in Jap Disneyland or at the JE building stalking or recruiting boybands to join my JE Yakuza

Post by baka-ranger » Dec 25th, '07, 14:55

I also can't believe that Yoo Ha Na did the whole series speaking in Korean and then for the other actors to be able to go act along with her so smoothly..its like WHOA..u would hav expected them to at least make a few bloopers with the actors going um wtf did u just say O___O =D

On the other hand I too love My girl as well as My Lucky Star ..BOTH SO COOL and I was watching both at the same time so its double the sheksinessXD ..not that its meant to be sexy....
AHH can't wait till SUBlimes subs the next ep I REALLY WANNA WATCH THE ENDING..and my mum already finished itO__O so embarrassing coz like she can read Chinese while I hav no experience whatsoever...WHY DID I QUIT CHINESE SCHOOLLLLLLLL

anyway SUBlimes keep up with the good work..hope I can watch at least one more ep before hols end XD fingers crossed? me go watch some other dramas for the time being=__=

bean

Post by bean » Dec 27th, '07, 15:31

Haha, u dun need to wait for subtitle coz veoh got one user ady upload this drama in english subtitle.. so u can dl it from there...

I 4get the member name... sorry..

XoX

Post by XoX » Dec 27th, '07, 19:39

I basically agree with everyone here... this is definitely one of the best TW-dramas (actually it's my favorite TW-drama :D ). Everything in this drama was just perfect--the cast, plot, and the soundtrack. Ha Na and Jimmy had amazing chemistry too :wub: You could really feel their love for each other and the pain that they went through to be with each other.

Anyway, here is the link to watch and download the rest of the series:

baka-ranger
Location: Either in Jap Disneyland or at the JE building stalking or recruiting boybands to join my JE Yakuza

Post by baka-ranger » Dec 28th, '07, 02:10

bean wrote:Haha, u dun need to wait for subtitle coz veoh got one user ady upload this drama in english subtitle.. so u can dl it from there...

I 4get the member name... sorry..
OMG thank youuuuu..I never exactly watch my dramas from veoh, crunchyroll, etc cause I like to wait for the subbers to give me like a hardcopy file, so I wouldn't know if it was subbed on another site or not X.X

But like now its different cause I REALLY can't wait so THANKS AGAIN=D
XoX wrote:Anyway, here is the link to watch and download the rest of the series:
Thanks for the link=D

MY LUCKY STAR RULES♥__♥ :wub: :wub: :wub:

edit: OMG I just finished watching SO SAD ITS OVER..for meTT__TT It was a pretty good ending WAY better than Hana Kimi (Taiwan) which we all know was pretty crap(putting it nicely X.X)
JOMG I wonder who won in the end LMFAO and Tian Qi is so stupid
who the hell wouldn't know what a pregnancy test is EVEN ZHI YIN KNEW
and like Ah Xing actually hinted about feeling sick=___=, oh well guess thats why we love our Tian Qi=D

XoX

Post by XoX » Dec 28th, '07, 20:47

^^ Your welcome :-) Just trying to spread the MLS love.

Yeah, the ending to HK (TW) was pretty open ended... it was pretty unsatisfying (that's why I prefer the Jap version). Anyway, I'm kind of having MLS withdrawal... so I keep on watching the episodes over and over again :P I really like the 5-years episodes.

I also agree with you about...
TQ not knowing what a pregnancy test was. I thought it was pretty funny though... especially AX's reaction to him thinking that it was a thermometer. :lol

Nulified

Post by Nulified » Dec 30th, '07, 02:36

Great drama. Fun to watch and rewatch. Lots of feeling though Jimmy says a few lines at times that make you think he's not paying attention to the conversation. Totally surprised to find out female lead is Korean and had voice dubbed for show...Simply amazing. Watch it if you can get your little grubby paws on it is my suggestion :3

radee14

Post by radee14 » Dec 31st, '07, 01:57

hello guys! pls. continue seeding...im currently downloading this drama... thanks in advance! :-)

baka-ranger

Post by baka-ranger » Dec 31st, '07, 06:27

XoX wrote:Anyway, I'm kind of having MLS withdrawal... so I keep on watching the episodes over and over again :P I really like the 5-years episodes.
JOMG yeh I love the 5-yrs episodes too
even though its after Tian Jun like died TT___TT
My mum told me it got better at the end, which I thought was impossible cause like I already though the start was GREAT :wub:
ahh i'm gonna rewatch it when school's back and I have nothing to do on the train=___= and like I'll probably start laughing like a man or crying like a freak when I watch it...

bean

Post by bean » Jan 2nd, '08, 12:53

Haha, the five years episode at first pissed me off coz got dat LEE WEI guy which is very sucks to me...

N when they wan lee wei to play as a famous actor in d drama, i very hate it coz lee wei doesnt have the charisma nor look to play a famous artist role..So i was kinda unsatisfied but i still like the drama.

Overall its the best taiwanese DRAMA ever....
Hurray Hana Hurray Jimmy ^ ^

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 2nd, '08, 13:05

ive just started watching this seems good
does anyone know where i can direct download it?

baka-ranger

Post by baka-ranger » Jan 3rd, '08, 02:54

^ hmm I'm not sure if theres any episodes you can direct download in HQ, but if your really desperate you can just download it off veoh/crunchroll/etc. I'm pretty sure any one of us who have already downlaoded it from bittorent could put it up on MU and stuff, but then again I dunno if SUBlimes or any fansubbers would let us....=___=

Hope you can watch it, its one of the best if not the best TW drama I've seen=D

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Jan 3rd, '08, 03:07

baka-ranger wrote:^ hmm I'm not sure if theres any episodes you can direct download in HQ, but if your really desperate you can just download it off veoh/crunchroll/etc. I'm pretty sure any one of us who have already downlaoded it from bittorent could put it up on MU and stuff, but then again I dunno if SUBlimes or any fansubbers would let us....=___=

Hope you can watch it, its one of the best if not the best TW drama I've seen=D
DDL is fine, streaming is not -_-

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 3rd, '08, 11:46

i found it for direct download from sublimes site yay
this drama is a weird experience for me because i cant stand the main girls voice and a lot of the acting makes me cringe but for some reason i still find myself getting addicted and just wanting to watch more!

baka-ranger

Post by baka-ranger » Jan 3rd, '08, 11:49

^ lmao its prob cause her voice is dubbed and it seems strange=___=
I wonder what Ha Na would sound like if she spoke taiwanese

and good you found the links lmfao saves time from having to MU/SS/RS....u get the deal=D

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 3rd, '08, 11:55

baka-ranger wrote:^ lmao its prob cause her voice is dubbed and it seems strange=___=
I wonder what Ha Na would sound like if she spoke taiwanese

and good you found the links lmfao saves time from having to MU/SS/RS....u get the deal=D
why did they use her if she cant speak the language? just for her looks?

hey looking at your avatar.....you're a fahrenheit fan?!

baka-ranger

Post by baka-ranger » Jan 3rd, '08, 11:58

I dunno, apparently the director saw her in a mag(I think) and wanted to use her for their new drama aka My Lucky Star
I like Yoo Ha Na though I reckon shes got great chemistry with Jimmy XD but thats just my opinion

And yes I'm a Fahrenheit fan XD KYAAAAAAAA FAHRENHEIT, u must be too considering u have a Calvin siggy=D

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 3rd, '08, 12:03

sure am! do you like my siggy? made it myself only like my 3rd one too ^_^
who's your fav member? though i know its so hard to choose
can't wait to hear their new album!

i'll have to wait till i see more of my lucky star before i make up my mind about it though cause at the moment ive only seen 3 episodes but am downloading episode 5 as i type ^____^

baka-ranger

Post by baka-ranger » Jan 3rd, '08, 12:09

Of Course! I can recognize your siggy everytime I go on the forums =D..cause like its CalvinXD
AND JOMG its really is hard to choose..iunno its between Jiro and Wu Zun..geez I'm jsut like everybody else=___= LMFAO
I wanna hear their new album too..my friend was meant to buy it for me cause shes in Malay now but NOOOO its not realeasssedddddd yet TT_____TT

and before I get off-topic I bet you'll like My Lucky Star in the end..it gets better and mroe addicting :wub: , I hope you get used to the characters and start liking them more lmfao

...and now I think I hsould go post in the Fahrenheit thread cause u got me thinking about them again =D

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 3rd, '08, 12:11

ok ill see you there ^_^

i think ill like it too cause i already am getting adicted dispite those little annoyances

ninjabunny

Post by ninjabunny » Jan 4th, '08, 21:20

wow this is the first tw drama that i actually finished and enjoyed. I am surprise how well it was put together. I don't know how to pin point why I like this. The story is nothing new. Rich guy falls for poor girl; parent comes between them, rich guy works in lousy jobs to sustain life with girl; dad bribes girl to leave the son...you know what i mean. For some reason, it is just executed nicely. They made the story line that's not very original to something completely refreshing.

I guess I can attribute the success to the actors. Like everyone knows, this is Jimmy's first modern drama. After 15 years in the business, this is his first idol modern drama. Before, I think he was typecast into roles that are similar to that of Xiao Yu Er. The first part of the drama still had a bit of xiao yu er. But the second part where he transformed into someone that was cold and distant was so believable. He has a face that can't scare anybody but the Tian Qi in the second part was just scary, for the lack of a better word. Jimmy's no Robert De Niro but he was a really good actor in this drama.

Yoo Ha Na, also very talented and natural. The dubbed voice bother me a little bit but didn't take away from the enjoyment of the show. The other three actors were also very convincing in their roles. Ya Rou is the main villain but there's a complexity to her that made her character dynamic and 3-dimensional. It wasn't just another superficial villain that we don't care about.

And finally, I think the success of the series is the pacing. Nothing was drag out too long. For example, the time it was spent on depicting on tian qi and ah xing's hardship wasn't so overboard that you just want to stop watching or too little that you don't feel the emotional impact of it. The pacing of the series was just right and the story, which is not new, was told just right, no exaggeration or understatement.

I recently watched e-news and with this series, Jimmy is ranked #4 in the top ten idol drama actor list. (Ella is ranked #1.) Personally, I think even after 15 years in the business, Jimmy is still the little whirlwind that captured all of our hearts in what seem like ages ago. He continues to age but I don't think we have seen the last of him yet.

baka-ranger

Post by baka-ranger » Jan 5th, '08, 01:41

Ya Rou is the main villain but there's a complexity to her that made her character dynamic and 3-dimensional. It wasn't just another superficial villain that we don't care about.
Yep, I agree with you A LOT there, they developed Ya Rou's character a lot giving her her own story and background to why she's such a b**** >__< I also think that even though she's the villain in the story..I can see where shes coming from and i begin to sympathize with her
Jimmy is still the little whirlwind that captured all of our hearts in what seem like ages ago. He continues to age but I don't think we have seen the last of him yet.
I surely hope its not the last of him, I want to see him in MORE modern dramas, even when hes aging I think he's still got a whole lot more talent that they can squeeze out of him=D and he seriously doesn't even look bad for his age XD

and the drama is indeed refreshing..for some reason