What's the worst korean drama you have seen?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
takkichi

Post by takkichi » Jun 28th, '07, 21:17

If you really think about it, all dramas are actually good. We will like some more than others. There are some that I didn't enjoy as much. That's when the the fast forward button comes in handy!

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Jun 29th, '07, 02:52

After a long time addict to dramas. I have a long list of my worst K-drama.... :glare:

1. Ful House: I don't care how many ppl love this one. But other than, attractive cast, nice house with nice view. The plot is typical, love triangle and a **** got in the way. Bad kissing, and dragging.....

2. I'm sorry I love you: What the heck. Typical and boring. Terminal disease. Stupid ending. Nothig else to say. I didn't bare myself to fnish this.

3. Love Story in Harvard: First, bad english. I didn't expect them to speak like native but at least make us actually can understand you....Second, boring. Third, after they went back to Korea, I dropped..... I hate the how the word "Harvard" defines ppl in Korean's taste....Get into Harvard = you smart.

4. One fine day: First start is confusing, continue on boring, later, dragging.

5. Once percent of everythiing: Hahah, I don't get it. Too slow, too boring, too long, too unrealistic.

6. A love to kill: Most ppl says what I want to say.

7. Spring Waltz: I'm not alone.....

8. Snow Queen: I watch this for Huyn Bin at first. But it ends up with a disease like always. Why Korean so unhealthy ?

9. Goong S: Seven can't save the show. The shadow of previous Goong is too big, they cannot overcome it with a whole new story.

10. Devil: Okay....I have nothing else to say...It's too confusing make it impossible to keep up. I dropped after epi 4.

11. Witch Yoo Hee.: Interestiing at first, but after that it's boring, horrible, cliche, and the worst and stupid ending.

Considering:
Hello Miss: watch first epi and don't see any reason to continue.
Prince' First Love: Just see the title, I don't expect anything good from it other than drama cliche. I guess I make right decision not to watch this.
Sweet Spy: Watch first epi and dropped......
Last edited by sp4078 on Jun 29th, '07, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jun 29th, '07, 02:57

guccijana wrote:1.Goong-i found myself forwarding most of the time.. and boy was i relived when it was finally over... this show was definitely the most boring and pointless, time waster show i have seen. :scratch:
i'm surprised at how many people have mentioned goong. i thought i was the only one who really hated it LoL :lol :lol i didn't even bother to watch the second one

i'm also surprised at all the people who mentioned sorry i love you. that's one of my favorites ^^;; oh well we all have different tastes.

makino

Post by makino » Jun 29th, '07, 03:06

The absolute worst drama I have ever seen is Stairway to Heaven

I was so upset when Shin Hyun Joon played the older version of Lee Wan as Han Tae-hwa's character..those two can't even compare. The story line was good for the first couple of episodes (when they were young), and then drastically plummeted when they grew up. I stopped watching around episode 9..couldn't bear watching it

Goong was also a big dissapointment for me b/c I am a huge fan of the manwha..I'm guessing if I hadn't read the manwha before I probably would have like it. The actors/ clothes/set were all really good

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jun 29th, '07, 15:44

makino wrote:I was so upset when Shin Hyun Joon played the older version of Lee Wan as Han Tae-hwa's character..those two can't even compare. The story line was good for the first couple of episodes (when they were young), and then drastically plummeted when they grew up. I stopped watching around episode 9..couldn't bear watching it
heh, I thought I was the only one. I loved the first few episodes of STH when they were young as well, and then they grew up..... The older version of Lee Wan = Shin Hyun Joon? God, what were they thinking? He's an abomination. Even worse, the older version of Park Shin Hye = Choi Ji Woo? PSH is very cute and adorable, CJW is....umm...not so cute and adorable. And why did that ugly young girl Han Yuri turn out to be the pretty Kim Tae Hee? Very strange.

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Jun 29th, '07, 16:16

I'd have to say Goong S...I downloaded it thinking it'd be like Goong (even though I hadn't watched Goong, I'd heard good things), but it was really draggy & boring. It got a little more interesting towards the middle, but it was still slow...

Also, Witch Yoo-Hee was a disappointment, except for cuties, Jae Hee (but he needs to eat more) & Dennis Oh. :D

Full House was overrated, but it wasn't bad.

Love Story in Harvard...their English was horrible except for the main actresses & why always a disease??? :unsure:

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Jun 29th, '07, 17:19

LOVERS IN PARIS.. really bad. I didn´t like it!
and APRIL SNOW...bad bad bad

DramaholicxD

Post by DramaholicxD » Jun 29th, '07, 17:39

makino wrote:The absolute worst drama I have ever seen is Stairway to Heaven
Yaay I thought I wasn't the only that hated that drama >:[
I only liked it when they were young and then when they grew up Oh My Gah! I didn't like the older version of the step-brother he was so ugly.. and blaah I the girl who played the main girl her actings are so dull. x__x

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Jun 29th, '07, 17:40

Hm...I actually haven't wached any bad Korean dramas...I guess I just know how to chose my Romances....... lmao!!!! Hahahah!!, wow, that's funny! I mean Romance Dramas, AND good Korean movies too. So far haven't seen no bad ones...and hopefully never will, but if I do, I'll report here straight away!
^-^v

DramaholicxD

Post by DramaholicxD » Jun 29th, '07, 17:43

DMPA wrote:Hm...I actually haven't wached any bad Korean dramas...I guess I just know how to chose my Romances.......
^-^v
haahaha that's funny xDD

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jun 29th, '07, 17:44

lol all of them. lol. well i actually liked full house altho it wasn't THAT good. it was just dragged on too long like most korean dramas.

nesia

Post by nesia » Jun 29th, '07, 17:56

wooooh...nice thread..i just found it now. =p
i havent read all..but later i will read it because im sooo curious what are u talking about Kdrama..lol
i dont have a long worst Kdrama..because before i download it, i will see the rating of the drama and the synopsis..so almost drama that i watch are good.

but this just some that i dont like it..

Only You - Yeah..same..boring! bad ending!

Marrying a Millionaire - although i watch it until finish, i watch it for long time. usually i can finished in 4 days or 1 week for 1 drama. but this spend about 1 month..boring..

Snow Flower - i want to watch this because Ki Bum - super junior act in this drama! im so exciting until i watch the drama..i have no desire to watch until finish..

Kmovie even worst than Kdrama..

babyboo

Post by babyboo » Jun 30th, '07, 00:46

The very very worst drama would probably have to be Dating Now with So Ji Sub.

The Bad (some are worst than others though):
Full House
A Love To Kill
Snow White
Which Star Are You From
Tree of Heaven
(ending was pretty good though)
Love Story in Harvard [unfinished]
Dating Now (Probably the absolute worst)
Snow Queen
Goong S

Whoever thinks My Name Is Kim Sam Soon is anywhere near bad is just insane.

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Jun 30th, '07, 08:19

Which Star Are You From
Aaaaw!! U didn't like that Drama?!?! I LOVED it!!! Although, I must agree, there IS some parts that were too much. I loved the story line thought, very well put, but they needed to change the chasing a bit, cuz the guy always kept on chasen the girl...ALWAYS. and they dragged it on for just a bit too long (just like most Korean Dramas). I dunno, any reason why u didn't like it? Maybe I could relatre to you better if I knew why you didn't like it that much.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Jun 30th, '07, 09:09

I hated Which Star Are You From, too. I hated the girl and how she was so passive (let the guy chase her) yet still so stubborn and immature (wouldn't sit down with her adoptive mother and have a reasonable talk about why she wanted to be with Kim Rae Won's character and why he was a good person). The storyline was too bizarre for my taste, I've had too many dead sibling plots, the minor characters had no depth at all and it dragged like whoa after about episode 6.

One of the only things I liked about the drama was that one scene, when they finally got together and the girl boldly says, "let's break up!" Came out of nowhere and was funny.

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Jul 1st, '07, 05:50

Néa Vanille wrote:I hated Which Star Are You From, too. I hated the girl and how she was so passive (let the guy chase her) yet still so stubborn and immature (wouldn't sit down with her adoptive mother and have a reasonable talk about why she wanted to be with Kim Rae Won's character and why he was a good person). The storyline was too bizarre for my taste, I've had too many dead sibling plots, the minor characters had no depth at all and it dragged like whoa after about episode 6.

One of the only things I liked about the drama was that one scene, when they finally got together and the girl boldly says, "let's break up!" Came out of nowhere and was funny.
Lol! Yes, I had a problem with the girl not trying to convince her mom about Director, but what I really loved about the drama was how it looked like they had real feelings for each other, great acting. But I guess You're right at some points, but at the same time i'd have to dissagree with you for others, and that's what's great about oppinions ne! lol

[sweet.surrender]

Post by [sweet.surrender] » Jul 2nd, '07, 03:51

ii just started watching Which Star are You From and so far nothing interesting
has happend but for some reason i wanna keep on watching cuz i keep thinking
its going to get better but then again i read a lot of comments about how the drama
was bad.. ii dunno i might end up liking it.. and its okaii because we all have different taste.. :thumright:

sveta

Post by sveta » Jul 2nd, '07, 06:14

I've seen very very few K-Dramas (finished two, tried to watch four or five at least) and the worst i have seen is Winter Sonata. I watched first episode before quitting...(no kidding). It was boring, and I think its because I figured out the Korean formula that I knew the best friend would lose. I also tried to watch Only You, but yet again stopped at the first episode. I'm not into romantic dramas.

tkkn123

Post by tkkn123 » Jul 25th, '07, 22:09

I find most romantic kdramas (like Winter Sonata) to be somewhat boring and unnecessarily dragged out; however, despite the generally cliche and predictable plots, I watch them for the actors. For example, in Full House, I pay more attention whenever Song Hye-Kyo appears. :thumleft:

The only kdrama I was really disappointed in was Forbidden Love (otherwise known as Fox with Nine Tails). At first, I was really looking forward to watching it due to the premise of lots of fighting action and the fact that Kim Tae Hui was in it, but it got too painful to watch due to the horrible plot and some less than stellar acting. I had a more enjoyable time watching Love Story in Harvard (Kim Tae Hui was also in this one) although not by much...hah.

K-movies are a little easier to stomach since they are generally over in 2 hours or less. "My Sassy Girl" is by far my most favorite Korean movie; all others are a distant second, but that's just my opnion.

~tkkn123

Bell12

Post by Bell12 » Jul 25th, '07, 22:26

I'm actually not a Korean but I'm a great fan of Korean dramas.

When looking for a drama to watch, I always have to make sure the story line interests me and is not too much of a cliche. I'm not a fan of those dramas where the main actors or actresses had some terrible accident and they get amnesia or something. Altogether I've loved almost all the korean dramas that I've watched except for two that I can name. I started watching "Princess Lulu" and the actors/actresses just kind of annoyed me after a while and I decided to skip it and go onto a better drama. The other drama I started to get bored of was "One percent of anything". Yet again, the actors and actresses were just too much to handle.

If anyone can assure me that the endings of these two dramas are good enough, then I'll rewatch them again. :thumleft: ..but if not....

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Jul 25th, '07, 22:37

The WORST k drama ever is Goong, yep. it's super gay, hecka boring and nothing interesting. the cast is so weird acting to hard, tryin to be funny and cute, well they're not. and the story is so freakin draggy. and i couldn't undertand why so many people like it. so overrated.

cinnamonRox

Post by cinnamonRox » Jul 25th, '07, 22:38

Hey,
I'm gonna have to say snow white that movie was pretty interesting then it got very boring after like few episode and I finished it! :goggle:

Bell12

Post by Bell12 » Jul 25th, '07, 23:01

gummonster wrote:The WORST k drama ever is Goong, yep. it's super gay, hecka boring and nothing interesting. the cast is so weird acting to hard, tryin to be funny and cute, well they're not. and the story is so freakin draggy. and i couldn't undertand why so many people like it. so overrated.
You know, I'd agree with you on that but I liked it because I'm a great fan of the manhwa. I liked it because it was mostly faithful to the original manhwa and it showed me a little of what the Korean culture is like...even if some people may not think its a good representation of it. But I got to know more about it and that is what I liked in it. The story was just about right.

tkkn123

Post by tkkn123 » Jul 25th, '07, 23:15

Oh yeah, I wanted to like "Goodbye Solo", but the drama was so god-awfully boring, that I gave up on it after the 3rd episode. Not even the actress, Yoon So Yi, can redeem this drama for me.

Speaking of Yoon So Yi, she at least kicks butt in the movies "Arahan" and "Shadowless Sword." :D

~tkkn123

[sweet.surrender]

Post by [sweet.surrender] » Jul 27th, '07, 02:49

One Percent of Anything was a really really boring and slow drama..
i actually did finish watching it and the actresses are to inoccent and to.....fake!?
whatever its a long drama if im not wrong ii think it has 24 or 25 episodeso yea ii DONT
recommend this drama :-)

nesia

Post by nesia » Jul 27th, '07, 11:52

i just finished watch Queen of the game. yeah, i finished it but i dont really like it. why? because of the main actress! just with a guy in 1 day, she can fall in love and so overprotected with the guy. when the guy with his friend, she will get angry. WTH?? i really dont like her in the beginning and think to stop watch this drama. but since i download it until about 10 episode, try to watch it just until episode 10. but the story more interesting and i finished it. lol and the good things, i didnt hate her.
actually this drama ok, but the problem is the beginning..

sveta

Rank your worst K-Dramas

Post by sveta » Aug 3rd, '07, 19:57

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post a title like that, but the title is self-explanatory. Rank your worst K-Dramas using numbers 1-3. For me they would be:

3.Winter Sonata
2.Romance
1.M

Use numbers 1-3
3 is the highest, 1 is the lowest. Hope that makes sense

For example,
Winter Sonata is the worst
Romance is second worst
M is least worst

Commentary:
Hey Everyone, sorry for my long absence. Hopefully i've updated everything i needed to. Anyways, here's new commentary: Okay its defenite now; Fireworks is on top with a platinum trophy in Worst dramas olympics, Goong has gold, 1 Percent anything has silver and Hello! Miss has bronze. Post script, the dramas i put are voted for by members. Only three were picked by me. Keep on voting :D and thanks for keeping the thread alive. (If a thread doesn't exist, maybe i should put a 'rank your five most overrated K-dramas?)

Ranking of Dramas:
Fireworks=34, 3+3+3+3+1+1+2+3+3+3+3+3+3
Goong=26, 3+1+1+3+3+2+1+2+1+3+3+3
One Percent Anything=21, 2+3+3+3+3+1+2+2+2
Hello! Miss=17,1+3+1+3+1+2+1+2+3
Winter Sonata=15, 1+3+3+3+1+3+1
Coffee Prince=12, 2+2+1+1+3+3
A Love to kill=11, 3+1+2+2+2+1
Wedding=11, 3+2+2+1+3
Only You=10, 3+3+3+1
Goong S=12, 1+2+1+1+1+1+3
Witch Yoo Hee=12, 1+2+1+1+2+2+3
Autumn Tale=9, 2+2+2+3
Love Story in Harvard=9, 1+2+3+1+2
Full House=8,1+2+2+3
Marrying a Millionaire=7 ,1+3+2+1
My Name is Kim Sam-Soon=6, 2+3+1
Successful Story of Bright Girl=6,2+2+2
Spring Waltz=5,2+3
Let's Go To School Sang Doo!=4, 2+2
All About Eve=4,2+2
Snow Queen=4,3+1
Summer Scent=4, 2+1+1
Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang=4,1+3
Stained Glass=4,3+1
Lovers in Paris=4,3+1
19 vs 29=4,2+2
Beautiful Days=3
Bad Couple=3
Queen of the Game=3
What's up Fox=3
Wonderful Life=3
Save Your Last Dance For me=3
Lovers=3
I'm sorry I love you=3,1+2
Heaven's Tree=3
My SIster In Law is 19=2
Forbidden Love=2
Love Letter=2
Gumiho=2
Over the rainbow=2
Romance=2
Loving You=2
A thousand years of love=1
Stairway to Heaven=1
Bad Couple=1
What Happened in Bali=1
Le Robe Des Marriage (Robe of Heaven)=1
M=1
Emperor of the Sea=1
One Fine Day=1
My Girl=1
Snow White Story=1
Prince's First Love=1
What Star are you from? =1
We are dating now=1
Ger Karl=1
Single Papa in Love=1
Robbers=1

Thank you for respoding by the way :D
Last edited by sveta on Jun 12th, '08, 04:39, edited 17 times in total.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 4th, '07, 22:38

3. Wonderful Life
2. Autumn Tale
1. Witch Yoo Hee

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 4th, '07, 22:54

3. Goong
2. Coffee Prince
1. Winter Sonata

HONGRY

Post by HONGRY » Aug 4th, '07, 23:03

3; wedding
2; Autumn Tale
1; Marrying A Millionaire

cjgohan2003

Post by cjgohan2003 » Aug 7th, '07, 07:38

Which Star are you from- OMG this story was so odd. The female lead was somewhat funny in the beginning, but by the second half I wanted to throw shoe at her stupidity. "Naive, country girl" doesn't have to be equivalent to "Moronic twat who only thinks about herself". Urgh.

Oh and the one thing I don't get about the plot is, does KRW love Bok shil because of who she really is? Or is it because she looks like her older sister. What happens if Bok shil dies? Will he find someone else? Exactly. It makes no sense at all.

Love Story in Harvard-One thing that really bugged me was how they used "harvard" and traveling to a location outside of the country as a gimmick to lure audiences in, when in fact, they were only there for less than half of the entire series.

Although I really liked the first half, the second half was just so bizarre. It seemed like the directors had no clue what to do with the storyline and just threw in random story elements (disease). Especially the part where KRW and that Alex hong guy chased down the German dude who speaks Korean. WTF, it made no sense whatsoever, wasn't Alex working with the guy? W/e, it was a crazy plot and i'm glad it was over.

Full House-I only finished it because of the lovely SHK, but I couldn't get past Rain's character. So stubborn and annoying.

riceythu

Post by riceythu » Aug 19th, '07, 00:46

3 A Love to Kill
2 Witch Yoo Hee
1 Goong S

eirammm

Post by eirammm » Aug 19th, '07, 13:14

3 - Fireworks (TOTALLLY THE WORST I'VE SEEN)
2 - 1% of Anything (no idea why i did bother watchin this)
1 - Goong (love the pairing and acting but how they tell the story is just bad. it bores me most of the time when there's no sweet scene between CG and Shin

sponge_girl

Post by sponge_girl » Aug 25th, '07, 06:28

not in any certain order but these are my pick so you won't make the mistake i did:

1. 1% of anything: great at the beginning. very typical when it started but it just dragged on at the end. i ended up fast forwarding the last few episodes. oh, and did i forget to mention the horrible kiss scene(s).

2. my sis-in-law is 19 (something like that): didn't like the "they're going to hook up" feeling and then getting a let down ending. SPOILER - wtf they didn't even hug or hold hands.

3. emperor of the sea: i really hated those 5 minutes worth of flashback and director's stupidity with some stuff. example: good guys don't know they're being watch when the bad guys are just right around the corner standing there watching.

4. love story in harvard: yes kill me. the horrible english speaking attempts and the hair-do just got to me. i watched half of the episodes but i could not get beyond the hair-do. i know, horrible of me to judge a drama based on that.

5. Delightful Girl Choon Hyang: these innocent girls really kill me at times. they need to come take some "being a b!tch" lessons from me

So far, that's my list.

biniBningPunkista

Re: Rank your worst K-Dramas

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 25th, '07, 06:39

sveta wrote:I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post a title like that, but the title is self-explanatory. Rank your worst K-Dramas using numbers 1-3. For me they would be:

3.Winter Sonata
2.Romance
1.M

Use numbers 1-3
3 is the highest, 1 is the lowest. Hope that makes sense

For example,
Winter Sonata is the worst
Romance is second worst
M is least worst

Ranking of Dramas:
So far Autumn Tale and Winter Sonata are considered the worst, following close by Goong and Wedding.

Winter Sonanta =4, 3+1
Autumn Tale =4, 2+2
Goong=3
Wedding=3
Coffee Prince=2
Romance = 2
Witch Yoo Hee=1
M =1
Marrying a Millionaire=1

Thank you for respoding by the way :D

how could you put COFFEE PRINCE as one of the WOrst kdramas??????? :cussing:

pinklover27

Post by pinklover27 » Aug 25th, '07, 07:10

fireworks - the worst drama i've ever seen...so draggy that i only watched episodes 1-3 and then juz watched the finale....

summer scent - just boring

stairway to heaven - maybe because i am s sucker for happy ending...hehe

simply_simple87

Post by simply_simple87 » Aug 25th, '07, 07:23

save ur last dance for me
19 vs 29
hello! miss
goong --->when it comes to the historical family part!

how can u say that COFFEE PRINCE is the worst????? it's my number 1 drama right now!!!!! love goh eun chan forever!

bean

Post by bean » Aug 26th, '07, 07:10

3. Fireworks (forget the name but got han chae young inside, the girl from sassy girl)
3. Wedding (sry, but tis two is very bad drama)
2. Wedding
1. What happen in Bali

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Aug 26th, '07, 07:30

simply_simple87 wrote: save ur last dance for me
19 vs 29
hello! miss
goong --->when it comes to the historical family part!

how can u say that COFFEE PRINCE is the worst????? it's my number 1 drama right now!!!!! love goh eun chan forever!
I have to agree with you. CP as one of the worst kdrama??? I think it's only two people's opinion. I respect their opinion, but I gotta say, I want to know their favorites and worst.

I hated <u>save the last dance for me</u>, it's one of the worst ever!!! I hate this drama with a passion. I never understand why I continued to watch it and finished it.

19 vs 29 and hello! miss were okay, but not the worst.
I loved goong, but when the older people started talking, it really got boring.

Worst for me
Fireworks...just stupid/ The lead girl pissed me off.

Over the rainbow...also very stupid. I felt embarrassed for them. The singing and dancing at the beginning really turned me off. And, don't get me started on the acting, it was just awful.

Autumn tale--grrr..stupid stupid

jovi75

3 of the worst so far but more to come in the future........

Post by jovi75 » Aug 26th, '07, 08:09

Three worst Korean Drama:

1.Witch Yoo Hee - They should get a real female rabbit instead of a real woman with rabbit's teeth.The hero should be loyal to his girlfriend instead falling in love with a tomboy.

2.My name is Kim Sam Soon - The actress keep on mumbling till the end.The actor acted like he was made of stone cold.

3.One Fine Day - Brother and sister (even though no blood connection) love story makes me wanna puke when they both can have other good partners that deeply in love with them.Sad case but sh*t happens.......... :whistling:

bean

Re: 3 of the worst so far but more to come in the future....

Post by bean » Aug 26th, '07, 08:20

jovi75 wrote:Three worst Korean Drama:

1.Witch Yoo Hee - They should get a real female rabbit instead of a real woman with rabbit's teeth.The hero should be loyal to his girlfriend instead falling in love with a tomboy.

2.My name is Kim Sam Soon - The actress keep on mumbling till the end.The actor acted like he was made of stone cold.

3.One Fine Day - Brother and sister (even though no blood connection) love story makes me wanna puke when they both can have other good partners that deeply in love with them.Sad case but sh*t happens.......... :whistling:
Yaya, i agree with you.. I just remember MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON IS ONE OF THE WORST K-DRAMA :x Just hate Kim Sun -Ah.. She really make me pissed off with her acting.. I rank this drama 3..
Btw, wat u mean rabbit teeth?? I dun get it.. Wicth Yoo Hee is not really good but real rabbit? What u mean... :unsure:

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Aug 26th, '07, 08:29

I have seen very many bad KDramas, hard to pick the worst of the worst...

I'd say...

3. Only You (Godawful)
2. Wedding
1. Fireworks

Goong, Witch Amusement, Snow Queen (urgs, Sung Yu Ri!!!) etc. were all bad, too, but not bad enough to make it on that highly-competitive list.

It seems like Prince's First Love is a steaming pile of ****, too, but seeing as how I've personally stayed very far away from it, I can't comment.

I like both Coffee Prince and My Name is Kim Sam-Soon. They are both very high quality in terms of script and acting compared to most other romantic comedies.

margaretta

Post by margaretta » Sep 1st, '07, 18:27

3. Only You (female lead is horrible, but some of the other actors do a nice job)
2. Bright Girl (can't stand the overacting of the male lead)
1. Fireworks

There were some dramas that I didn't really like because some of the lead characters, the way the story ended, or the dragginess. These were the worst of the lot, though, and I actively dislike them.
Last edited by margaretta on Sep 2nd, '07, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Sep 2nd, '07, 09:17

1% of anything- 3(I just don't like it...I can't believe I watched it.)
Coffee Prince- 2(I don't like the pairing and the draggy story line.)
Let's go to school Sang Doo- 2 (They had no chemistry what so ever.)

P.S.
Worst movie would be...I'm a cyborg but that's ok. I went psycho after that...

JlovesVan

Post by JlovesVan » Sep 4th, '07, 23:56

1.) Stained Glass
2.) Goong S
3.) Last 8 episodes of A Love to Kill

dethos

Post by dethos » Sep 5th, '07, 22:27

what's up fox : the actress is very boring and the others actors too , bad chemistry
spirng waltz : so boring
goong s

bleach4ichigo

Post by bleach4ichigo » Sep 5th, '07, 22:53

the worst kdramas i've watched :
3-hello miss
2-gomiho
1-goong s
the 1st shop of coffee prince can be added to the list :cussing:
Last edited by bleach4ichigo on Sep 5th, '07, 22:58, edited 2 times in total.

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Sep 5th, '07, 22:54

3. Love Story in Harvard (couldn't get past the 2nd episode; I thought it was so stupid)
2. Exhibition of Fireworks (barf)
1. Goong S <--- I actually really like Goong, and I'm surprised people keep putting it in the worst 3 they've ever seen. My love for the first Goong is probably why I detest Goong S. Also, the other male lead is cross-eyed but tried to act suave; it was silly.

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Sep 6th, '07, 01:06

3. 1% of everything .. ((Very boring :pale: ))
2. Love story in Harvard .. ((Couldn't get over the English accent :scratch: ))
1. I'm Sorry I love you .. ((Too OverDramatic for me :blink ))

munkymp3

Post by munkymp3 » Sep 6th, '07, 01:30

3. GOONG - It is BY FAR, the worst DRAMA, not just K-Drama but DRAMA, I have ever seen in my entire life. It is so boring and it drags on so much. Sure, it has a little bit of its moments but it is so DARN boring! It would've been good if it weren't for so much talking and so much over-exaggerated drama. I also think she should've gotten with Ryul. He's so much more compatible with her and he actually liked her from the start. Shin Goon was a jerk. He just got jealous [=.= ] ...

I don't know, that's the only K-drama I really hated. All the other ones that I've watched are either my favorite or they're not that bad.

AND HOW CAN ANYONE HATE "MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON?!" It totally strays from the skinny and cutesy heroine thing and that's what I love most about it. The acting isn't bad either. Hyun Bin's could use a little bit more work but he didn't do that bad. Tis like THE BESTEREST! Tis my favorite, dude...[ tears ]... how can anybody hate it?

And what's wrong with falling in love with a tomboy? Tomboys are girls too!

:x :unsure: :cry: :D

kandieloli

Post by kandieloli » Sep 6th, '07, 01:32

:blink :O :goggle: omg unbelieve how witch yoo hee, coffee prince, kim soon, n goong got on the worst list :blink :blink

3- lovers in paris
2-forbidden love-- just lame
1- le robe des mariage(heaven's wedding gown)

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Sep 6th, '07, 01:54

1. Goong - by far and away the worst show i've ever seen, korean or not. the only reason i watched the whole thing was because people kept telling me how great it was and so i pushed thru to the end. and i am still trying to figure out who to kill to get those hours of my life back. Goong S at least had humor in it, Goong was just full of bad draggy plot and no likable characters at all. chemistry? yeah, the kind of chemistry that creates stinkbombs....

2. SangDo, Lets go to school - wow...painful to watch on every level but is saved from being the absolute worst show because of the Minky Momo ending. which was only good for a giggle...but was still really pathetic story-wise.

sveta

Post by sveta » Sep 6th, '07, 02:18

Someone thought it was one of the bad dramas 1st shop of coffee prince...i haven't watched it to be honest, and i haven't updated the list...well here come the updates...

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 6th, '07, 04:55

My theory is that all people listing dramas like Kim Sam-Soon, Coffee Prince or Goong in their worst ever list haven't watched that many dramas (as in, total number). There sure is a lot of stuff coming out per year that is just so much worse than any of these dramas - we online drama fans are sort of protected and get to watch mostly better shows because the really bad ones don't get translated or if they do, don't find a following and achieve popularity, and a lot of people seem to only watch popular dramas. I really, really disliked Goong (yes, very boring, extremely overrated), but it is still high-quality compared to some of the **** I see on TV here in Korea when flipping through channels.

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Sep 6th, '07, 06:37

the poll didn't ask for qualifications on how many you have seen...it just asked which ones you thought were the worst. everyone's opinions are valid. and yes, most of us have only watched subbed korean shows...this is a subtitle site...thats pretty much the majority of us.

i liked kim sam soon ok, i love coffee prince...but i can totally understand why people might not like them. they were far from perfect and people have different tastes.

and for the record, i've watched a fair amount of korean dramas. many i found good, many i found bad. and goong STILL rates as the worst show i've ever seen in my life. i'd rather watch a week long marathon of fear factor than go thru that again. heck, i'd rather be on fear factor for a week than watch goong again. then again, maybe not...i may just let myself fall asleep during it like i had to keep myself from doing the first time.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Sep 6th, '07, 14:37

The problem with Goong isn't because it's bad - it's because it's ridiculously overrated. I can totally understand the way people feel about it.

Let's say there's this guy at school/work etc. who's normal looking, but he keeps on boasting to everyone about how he's so handsome and all that. This kind of attitude inevitably leads to people saying how UGLY he is - NOT because he is ugly, but his arrogance makes people feel that way. It's the same with Goong. All the Goong fans relentlessly shove down our throats on how it's the greatest show ever made and how Yoon Eun Hye is the best actress ever and that Joo Ji Hoon is the best actor ever. It's no surprise there are so many people who hate it.

For me, the half an hour close ups of the teddy bears at the end of each episode was enough to seal the deal.

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Sep 6th, '07, 17:46

being overrated doesn't make a show bad for me tho. Full House and Kim Sam Soon are overrated too...they had some good parts in it, but on the whole just weren't that great. the acting was passable, the writing was...well, really weak. the stories themselves were pretty bland and dragged some. but i wouldn't rank them as being close to being the worst korean shows i've ever seen.

but Goong..managed to find every irritation and hate i can possibly have for a tv show and incorporate them all. I can't think of one single redeemable part except for for maybe the sets...but even then, everything else going on in the show was enough to completely obliterate even that as an enjoyable thing to look at.

Farah_UK

Post by Farah_UK » Sep 6th, '07, 20:29

3. 1% of anything: I actually can't believe I watched this. :x
2.Goong: the most OVERRATED drama in history. Its ridiculously draggy and can't stand the bad acting from the lead actors :glare:
1. Hello! Miss!: I am kinda sad to put this here since I absolutely loved Lee Da Hae in My Girl but this drama was just BAD.

tha1

Post by tha1 » Sep 7th, '07, 04:22

Winter Sonata.

I must have not seen that many listed because they're all pretty good to me EXCEPT Winter Sonata. I couldn't bare to watch more than six episodes. The most predictable boring story. I mean, I even finished Crazy for You and that wasn't that great either....so either I'm pretty decent at picking kdramas to watch from the get go. Or I just haven't seen that much. So my answer is...

Winter Sonata.

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Sep 7th, '07, 04:59

thank goodness someone created this thread!

3. Snow Queen (i can't believe i was able to finish this drama)
2. All About Eve (don't even want to comment on this one)
1. Goong (draggy, boring and so long)

well, i can't believe i was able to finish these dramas, period

hmm... a lot of korean dramas are pretty predictable and have repetitive storylines...i'm debating if i should coffee prince or not...i didn't really like it much as the story progresses although the beginning was good...the girl was always crying which was very annoying, but the lead guy looks very nice, and i also like the guy who speaks japanese :)

sveta

Post by sveta » Sep 7th, '07, 05:31

vina.loves.sushi wrote:thank goodness someone created this thread!

3. Snow Queen (i can't believe i was able to finish this drama)
2. All About Eve (don't even want to comment on this one)
1. Goong (draggy, boring and so long)

well, i can't believe i was able to finish these dramas, period

hmm... a lot of korean dramas are pretty predictable and have repetitive storylines...i'm debating if i should coffee prince or not...i didn't really like it much as the story progresses although the beginning was good...the girl was always crying which was very annoying, but the lead guy looks very nice, and i also like the guy who speaks japanese :)
Thank you :) the reason i created this thread is because i felt tired of seeing 'best' drama threads. I wanted to see the other side; that is the dramas that people consider bad. THanks again to everyone for responding :cheers:

smiley6yrl

Post by smiley6yrl » Sep 7th, '07, 05:57

hmm.. how come no1 ever mention MARRYING A MILLIONAIRE? i think that by far, it's one of the worst kdrama.. but here are my top 3..

1. Marrying a Millionaire :cussing:
2. A love to Kill
3. Summer Scent

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Sep 7th, '07, 13:22

smiley6yrl wrote:hmm.. how come no1 ever mention MARRYING A MILLIONAIRE? i think that by far, it's one of the worst kdrama.. t
Probably because it's so bad everyone is scared to watch it. I know I am :pale:

Alethia

Post by Alethia » Sep 7th, '07, 15:01

3. Hello! Miss ... it's so bad tt I didn't bother finishin it

2. All about Eve.. tho i luv CR, this drama is juz..*bleah*

1. tie between Witch Yoo-hee & Goong S
Last edited by Alethia on Sep 8th, '07, 05:40, edited 1 time in total.

munkymp3

Post by munkymp3 » Sep 8th, '07, 02:41

battlegirlai wrote:being overrated doesn't make a show bad for me tho. Full House and Kim Sam Soon are overrated too...they had some good parts in it, but on the whole just weren't that great. the acting was passable, the writing was...well, really weak. the stories themselves were pretty bland and dragged some. but i wouldn't rank them as being close to being the worst korean shows i've ever seen.

but Goong..managed to find every irritation and hate i can possibly have for a tv show and incorporate them all. I can't think of one single redeemable part except for for maybe the sets...but even then, everything else going on in the show was enough to completely obliterate even that as an enjoyable thing to look at.
I can't say the same for Kim Sam Soon because I loved the show too much. Sure, the main story line is overrated. Rich and arrogant hotel heir falls for a "commoner." Commoner hates him at first but ends up actually liking him. Stuff like that. I actually liked how they wrote about it and am anticipating on a second season. I also liked how they didn't have a cutesy-clumsy twiglet as a protagonist and it's nice seeing that because you get a lot of those from Korean dramas.

But yeah, I totally agree with you on Goong. I didn't think the acting was terrible but then again, anybody can act like a bored prince, a clumsy "common girl," and dull, talkative adults. Goong was the only drama that managed to talk me to sleep [=.= ] But then the camera-work and scenery was almost perfect.

:thumleft: :glare: :D

cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Sep 8th, '07, 17:49

I liked Goong, but it has got to be the longest drama I've ever watched. And I can appreciate what some people enjoy about it and what others dislike. I have my own issues with the drama itself, but overall I really don't think that it's as bad as some people make it out to be.

I'm going to have to agree with Néa Vanille though. Some of the other dramas I've seen can't even compare to Goong when it comes to overall quality.

I'm still dumbfounded how Goong S has less votes than Goong. :crazy:

Worst List
1. Bad Couple (I just couldn't watch anymore after about episode 6 and ended up skipping to the last episode).
2. Successful Story of A Bright Girl (I didn't like the ending, but I guess it fit the overall drama)
3. Goong S

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Sep 8th, '07, 18:50

well, everyone is different. i say its the worst k-drama because it is to me. saying "its not as bad as people make it out to be"...that could be true...to you...and thats cool. i don't think anyone is saying "you are wrong and i am right"

i happened to enjoy Goong S. it actually managed to have likable characters and had enough humor and toned down enough on the stuffyness of Goong that i would actually watch it again if i felt the inclination. it managed to give me enough of what Goong was lacking. wasn't the best show i've ever seen, but but by far and away wasn't the worst.

i do think that the length of a show does have a direct impact on how good a show is. either things can be too rushed, or drag out too long. Goong wasn't that long to me...but it did take too long to get where it was trying to go and the ride was just annoying and made me want to beat my head in...i think its like taking a scenic tour on a bus where the landscape is lovely but unfortunately completely spoiled by the fact that there are 6 pre-teen girls on the bus who are all singing the american sailormoon themesong at the top of their lungs for 4-hours straight.

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Sep 8th, '07, 21:45

1)WINTER SONATA - dont get y it was so popular..it was awful. such a slow paced, boring, uninteresting story with dull characters and nothing particularly great at all about it.

2)A LOVE TO KILL - wayyy to depressing, what could've been a interesting plot turned out to be dismal. extremely slow, too many 'silences' and a ridiculous ending that just made the whole drama entirely pointless and a waste of time to watch

3)SNOW QUEEN - kinda realised i hate all the similar slow paced, draggy storyline, depressing type dramas....and this is another of them.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Sep 9th, '07, 19:47

kobe23 wrote:The problem with Goong isn't because it's bad - it's because it's ridiculously overrated. I can totally understand the way people feel about it.

Let's say there's this guy at school/work etc. who's normal looking, but he keeps on boasting to everyone about how he's so handsome and all that. This kind of attitude inevitably leads to people saying how UGLY he is - NOT because he is ugly, but his arrogance makes people feel that way. It's the same with Goong. All the Goong fans relentlessly shove down our throats on how it's the greatest show ever made and how Yoon Eun Hye is the best actress ever and that Joo Ji Hoon is the best actor ever. It's no surprise there are so many people who hate it.

For me, the half an hour close ups of the teddy bears at the end of each episode was enough to seal the deal.
Oh, kobe23, you always manage to snatch the words right out of my mouth.
When I had just finished Goong, I thought it was really good. Then "Goong is the best drama ever!"s started popping up everywhere and I thought "Okayy...it's not THAT good." It has now gotten to the point where I really dislike that show, even though I feel that overall, it's enjoyable. This overrated-ness theory also explains my current dislike for Yoon Eun Hye - but I haven't watched Coffee Prince yet.

cassarollsushi

Post by cassarollsushi » Sep 9th, '07, 23:41

3. Exhibition of fireworks: the story seemed nice, not the usually innocent cute girl as main character, but it got sooo draggy and boring
2. Loving You: i don't like the side story about how his father might be connected w/ her fathers murder
1. Hello miss: for me, pointless

cc(,``o

Post by cc(,``o » Sep 10th, '07, 00:28

i guess it's a matter of preference. i too love kim sam soon and CP. personally i also like prince's first love. yea the acting sure can get some help but i generally i did like plot.

a thousan years of love - have trouble deciding between this and goong. the plot in itself is stupid. ditched this after watching 2 or 3 eps.

goog - couldn't understand all the hype. i got so bored watching it especially the "tea scenes" there were just too many of those. as well as the adults talking. it felt like i was watching in slow motion. playing it at twice the speed still isn't fast enough! argh!!! didn't even bother watching this halfway though i did sneak a peak at the ending.

wedding - started out weak and even got weaker. the plot in itself realy is a tad boring.

love story in harvard/winter sonata - only watched the first half of the series

1% of antyhing - initially the drama started out great but towards the somewhere around 3/4 of the story it got rather boring. i skipped parts but i did finish watching it.

there are more but i cannot think right ow.

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Sep 10th, '07, 01:18

cc(,``o". i think the OP wanted a ranking...ya know...

that sort of thing. i can't tell from you post which you think is the worst

eirammm

Re: Rank your worst K-Dramas

Post by eirammm » Sep 10th, '07, 01:39

sveta wrote:Ranking of Dramas:
Fireworks is still considered to be the worst rated so far,and in second place are One Percent Anything, and joining One Percent Anything is Goong. Winter Sonanta and Goong S are in the third place. In the last place are Hello! Miss and A love to kill.

Fireworks=16, 3+3+3+3+1+1+2
One Percent Anything=14, 2+3+3+3+3
Goong=14, 3+1+1+3+3+2+1
lol. the top three worst dramas are my top threes too!!! lol.. guess my eyesights still better in terms of choosing worst and best..LOLOL

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... htm#832607

mattson

Post by mattson » Sep 10th, '07, 01:59

3. Lovers
2. Marrying a Millionaire
1. My Name is Kim Sam-Soon

But maybe I should say most overrated because if I bothered to watch them they can't be too bad.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Sep 10th, '07, 15:20

I'm actually rather surprised Love Story in Harvard is mentioned several times here. I didn't think the series was THAT bad, in fact, I thought the first half was highly entertaining and it wasn't until the 2nd half where things went downhill. I admit the story was pretty bland and the English dialogue was terrible, but Kim Tae Hee and Kim Rae Won had great chemistry - It was the cheekiest and most natural relationship I had seen in any k-drama. But yeah, other than that, it wasn't too good :unsure: