Devil/Mawang (KBS2, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
nellymichelle

Devil/Mawang (KBS2, 2007)

Post by nellymichelle » Mar 10th, '07, 15:13

I heard that this drama stars Ju Ji hun and will be aired from teh 21st this month. Anyone heard of this drama? I hope we will be able to have this drama's torrent in d-addicts...
Attachments
devil.gif
devil.gif (55.59 KiB) Viewed 6024 times

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » Mar 12th, '07, 00:16

tis drama seems promising..
definitely one to look out for.

Here's an interview by the main casts:

and a short preview of the drama:

RedCoral

Post by RedCoral » Mar 12th, '07, 00:35

Looking forward to this drama...9 more days to go.
Looks like it gonna be another great Drama from the resurrection team..UHMFORCE and the resurrection PD, plus several cast members from resurrection.

SharArandia

Post by SharArandia » Mar 16th, '07, 02:32

I'm anticipating this drama because Joon Ji Hoon is in it. He lost about 11 pounds for this role! I'm not a big fan of Uhm Tae Woong maybe because of his role that he played in Delightful Girl. And I wondered by Shin Min Ah looked familiar in this drama, she did a drama with Bi - A Love To Kill.

I'll probably look into this drama when it premieres!

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Mar 16th, '07, 02:55

OMG!

Shin from Goong! I`ll be sure to check it out. :) Thanks for telling us!

deBbIE~

Post by deBbIE~ » Mar 17th, '07, 01:12

Would there be a group subbing this drama?

sweet_azngal

Post by sweet_azngal » Mar 18th, '07, 17:56

he lost 11lbs for the role?? wat the heck for? hes skinny enuf gain some weight n some muscle

beertax

Post by beertax » Mar 21st, '07, 06:19

For those who didn't already know, this drama has elemenets of the sci-fi. The main female lead is said to have the ability of psychometry, an ESP ability where the psychic can obtain information about an object's past merely by coming into phsycial contact with it. According to the drama's website, the female lead learns the truth, or a version of it, about a murder that happened 15 years ago involving the male lead and the second lead's older brother by coming into contact with the murder weapon. From these info, I surmise that the theme of this drama is, like Resurrection, vengeance.

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Mar 21st, '07, 11:41

it officially starts today! together with witch amusement too! =) oh well..ji hoon lost some weight. heard he ate chicken and veges everyday.. wow!

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 21st, '07, 14:38

Saw the trailer and read some info about it at soompi. This one looks like it's gonna be a hit.

eyannis

Mawang/Devil [Chn Subs] (Epi 02/20)

Post by eyannis » Mar 24th, '07, 06:16

마왕/Mawang/Devil/魔王
Direct Download Chinese Hardsubs

Cast:
주지훈 Joo Ji Hoon
신민아 Shin Min-ah
엄태웅 Uhm Tae Woong

Official KBS Website
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s255 ... mawang.jpg[/img]

Chinese Hard-Subs - released by YYacF.net
Episode 01 - megaupload | sendspace
Episode 02 - megaupload | sendspace

Episode links will be added once upload completes ~ Feel free to PM me to ammend English subs/direct downloads/Clubbox links/whatever that has to do with Mawang into this post, if/when they are available. ^.^

Yoorie

Post by Yoorie » Mar 24th, '07, 13:53

wow , thank for the hardsub

snowangel_jo

Post by snowangel_jo » Mar 24th, '07, 18:03

is it available in d-addicts? im dying to watch this but i cant find it anywhere...=(

SinFan

Post by SinFan » Mar 24th, '07, 22:51

=[[
i want to see JJH's new drama..
but there's no torrent on D-addicts yet =[
have to wait patiently then ^^;

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Mar 24th, '07, 22:54

Once the subs are available someone probably will upload it on d-addicts...so be patient :-)

Myrdhinn

Post by Myrdhinn » Mar 27th, '07, 12:26

OMG a drama with "a dark Joo Ji Hoon"lol!! My friends and I are dying (almost) to see it!

JJ-Hoon powaaaaa!! :heart: :wub:

I loved his acting in Goong (it's was his first role! damn he's so hot!) I saw the girl in a Love to kill. She's a cutie! ^^

Is there any team who sub or will sub it in English? (or better=> in French! dream on! :wink: )

Tx a bunch!! =^_^=

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » Mar 31st, '07, 09:13

tis drama is good... i have watched the first four episodes.... lots of suspense..
its interesting to see joo ji hoon in a evil guy role, and i like how they mix the plot with the tarot cards...

it puzzles mi y the show has not been getting high viewership in korea...

i like the opening credits of tis show... they make it so 'dark' yet so cool, though the music reminds mi of resurrection..
take a look:

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Apr 2nd, '07, 07:09

I am SOOOOO excited about this, I''ve seen episode one and really, it looks like its gonna be GREAT. Joo Ji Hoon=kjkchdiclekjcjhcbjds fcjsdfojlfd jc*explosion*
I'm really excited for this *has the OST already*

asal22bar

Post by asal22bar » Apr 4th, '07, 17:18

OMG i just watched the 1st ep and im in love with Joo Ji Hoon new dark role and what can i say about Eom Tae Woong i just fell in love since i wached Resurrection, Sun Min-ah is a good actress i saw her in Sad Movie & the Beast and the Beauty, cant wait too see the rest
Attachments
JOO JI HOON &amp; SIN MIN-AH
JOO JI HOON & SIN MIN-AH
td4.jpg (23.01 KiB) Viewed 4991 times
EOM TAE WOONG &amp; SIN MIN-AH
EOM TAE WOONG & SIN MIN-AH
td3.jpg (23.79 KiB) Viewed 4991 times

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Apr 6th, '07, 01:32

So how is the story? The viewer ratings aren't that high for this series. Is it worth downloading?

Kimbles

Post by Kimbles » Apr 6th, '07, 17:53

The viewer television ratings aren't high, but I heard that they Internet ratings are (so I guess a lot of people are watching it on pandora tv)

I think it's a really interesting and good drama so far. It has a good cast and if you're a fan of mystery, then I definitely suggest checking it out :D

Also, question: does anyone know where I can download a MQ version of this drama? I was downloading it from a clubbox, but then they stopped uploading MQ versions of it D:

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Apr 10th, '07, 10:16

I've seen two episodes and i think it's really exciting.
The cast is also really good.

eyannis

Post by eyannis » Apr 11th, '07, 14:26

More episodes of Mawang with Chinese subs up for download HERE. Uploaded these for a friend and just want to share links. Feel free to spread them around!

beertax

Post by beertax » Apr 12th, '07, 21:31

The success or failure of MaWang will ultimately depend on whether the overall mystery is coherent and logical. If it doesn't make sense, if the mystery is deliberately convoluted just to provide the kicks at the end of each episode, than the series as a whol ewill ultimately fail.

So far (ep 8), it's not bad. It keeps you watching. I especially like the possibility of a second villain instead of just the second lead.

minju120

Post by minju120 » Apr 18th, '07, 00:37

i like this series.
not just cause JiHoon is in it.. :whistling:
lol

no seriously.
its interesting.every episode im like trying to solve who the guy in the black gloves is. xD

its so fun.

and Jihoon's character freaks me out..... a little... ._.

nororu

Post by nororu » Apr 18th, '07, 00:45

thank you for the subs!!!! will wait patiently for the next subs in megaupload!!! (a lot faster then torrents!! )

thanks again!!!! and best to you all!!!!

:mrgreen:

etsy

Post by etsy » Apr 23rd, '07, 22:33

im absolutely obsessed over the series so far. of course, ive only watched teh subbed episodes up to 4. but its amazing and it really gets the viewer guessing. but i really hope that they have a really clever ending that connects everything

anva91

Post by anva91 » Apr 24th, '07, 04:41

the plot *so far* seems SUPERB.

there are like so many new elements introduced in each episode. and some make you go "omg what if..." and yea :]

i REALLY think its worth trying out. it has some romance (not too much so far though) and GREAT plot (so far) and come on guys! *girls* joon ji joon is in it ;] lol so why WOULDNT it be good :P

but yea im loving it so far. its like tkaing a break from all the usual "lovey dovey predicable ending romance" korean drama :P

im just REALLLLLLLLLLY praying that a crappy ending doesnt kill this show. hopefully itll be something that will make my jaw drop :]

theachums

:(

Post by theachums » Apr 24th, '07, 15:06

Does anybody have the video of the 2nd epi?
I wanna watch it and yet I dont know how.. :-(

etsy

Post by etsy » Apr 24th, '07, 15:30

ep 2 is already on bittorrent. to watch the subs with it, you need to dl and install vobsub

cher0

Post by cher0 » May 2nd, '07, 04:50

This thread is surprisingly quiet. Is anyone out there as thrilled about his series as I am? I love the suspense. Trying to piece together the story with clues from each episode. I've watched till ep 5 with the subs available. At first (cause I've not watched Goong) I tot JJH was a little pretentious but now I simply can't wait for him to waltz on screen hee hee Seems like he is pivotal to the murders and the whole story behind them. Also, JJH makes really delicious eye candy doesn't he?

etsy

Post by etsy » May 3rd, '07, 02:48

i am but ive run out of things to say it cuz onlyy 5 episodes are out

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » May 5th, '07, 18:57

SharArandia wrote:I'm anticipating this drama because Joon Ji Hoon is in it. He lost about 11 pounds for this role! I'm not a big fan of Uhm Tae Woong maybe because of his role that he played in Delightful Girl. And I wondered by Shin Min Ah looked familiar in this drama, she did a drama with Bi - A Love To Kill.

I'll probably look into this drama when it premieres!
Why did he have to lose weight ?

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » May 8th, '07, 00:31

cher0, I'm with you!! Watching this series gives me thrills and chills down my spine! :lol It's totally gripping. :w00t:

I had vowed not to watch kdramas again if I could help it XD but I'm so happy I started this one. :wub:

From watching Goong, JJH seemed to me to be very good at being beautiful, at being impossibly difficult, and not much more besides :P But seeing him here, it's almost like watching a different actor! I almost can't believe how much he has progressed. He has made the mysterious Oh Seung Ha totally his own.

In fact, all the cast is doing a fabulous job, I think!

What also swept me off my feet is the music. :wub: :wub: :wub: Not only is it heart-rend-ingly beautiful (sorry, I'm making up words now XD ), but it's so effectively used!

Have you seen episode 6 already? I'd love us to discuss spoilers! :lol

HQLover

Post by HQLover » May 8th, '07, 03:17

i only watched two episodes and i guess when you watch a suspense with subtitles it can get really confusing....JJH is too hot in here..i guess will continues watching...

thehibiscus

Post by thehibiscus » May 8th, '07, 03:33

Liantasse wrote:cher0, I'm with you!! Watching this series gives me thrills and chills down my spine! :lol It's totally gripping. :w00t:

I had vowed not to watch kdramas again if I could help it XD but I'm so happy I started this one. :wub:

From watching Goong, JJH seemed to me to be very good at being beautiful, at being impossibly difficult, and not much more besides :P But seeing him here, it's almost like watching a different actor! I almost can't believe how much he has progressed. He has made the mysterious Oh Seung Ha totally his own.

In fact, all the cast is doing a fabulous job, I think!

What also swept me off my feet is the music. :wub: :wub: :wub: Not only is it heart-rend-ingly beautiful (sorry, I'm making up words now XD ), but it's so effectively used!

Have you seen episode 6 already? I'd love us to discuss spoilers! :lol
Doesn't it seem like the lady (i forget her name) has a crush on Oh Sooh (forgive me if I misspell the names).

And oh, remember the part where the brother is talking about a robbery where only a photo album is stolen? It is so subtle but so exquisitely rendered. I thoughts it was awesome.

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » May 8th, '07, 03:45

Well, to me it seems more like Oh Soo has a crush on Hae In (the lady :wub: ) !!! XD
I think she has a lot of affection for him, but as a friend.

As for Hae In, the chemistry between her and Oh Seung Ha is like :w000t: !!!! :lol
I almost died at the scene with searching for the light-switch! :faint: :wub:

And those two times when he is talking to her at the library, over her desk. I mean, there's several times, but the one with the daffodil and the one from episode 6, when he talks to her about the Empress card... :wub: That LOOK in his eyes!! is to die for! XD

And oh dear, when he brings her to Galanthus and says: "Maybe we'll go have dinner some time, then"! 8) Poor Oh Soo, so confused and jealous! :cry: :P

I liked the part about the photo album too... I'm very curious about it! :-)

cher0

Post by cher0 » May 8th, '07, 17:32

Everything JJH did appears too minimal to the point that they seem so calculated. It just screams "mastermind" to me haha. Maybe it's just the white candy. I mean, did you see the way he put it into his mouth? Tell me did I see almost see a smirk dripping in bitterness or I'm imagining things and JJH is just hot?
I agree that Oh Soo => Hae In <=> JJH (my failure at a love chart) There's definitely some fascination/affection between those two.
And Liantasse, I cannot help but fangal again when you mentioned the light switch. *nosebleed*
At Ep6, everyone involved is kinda tied to the Oh Soo's trial from 12 years ago. So we know now who are the players(victims?).
I'd love to discuss spoilers! Too many too much rushing out at once now there's finally someone to chat with lol
And just thinking about the music just makes my heart race a little faster.

And you're so right thehibiscus. Isn't it all the hints and clues that got us so geared up for this series? Now if I could just figure out JJH's true identity lol.
I still don't get where JJH's mum and the nerdy guy fit in.

arabian

Post by arabian » May 12th, '07, 12:49

If someone want to download the OST for the drama check my LJ I upload by direct link..
feel free to leave a comment..
:mrgreen:

http://amooni-87.livejournal.com/2247.html

thehibiscus

Post by thehibiscus » May 14th, '07, 20:17

cher0 wrote:
Everything JJH did appears too minimal to the point that they seem so calculated. It just screams "mastermind" to me haha. Maybe it's just the white candy. I mean, did you see the way he put it into his mouth? Tell me did I see almost see a smirk dripping in bitterness or I'm imagining things and JJH is just hot?
I agree that Oh Soo => Hae In <=> JJH (my failure at a love chart) There's definitely some fascination/affection between those two.
And Liantasse, I cannot help but fangal again when you mentioned the light switch. *nosebleed*
At Ep6, everyone involved is kinda tied to the Oh Soo's trial from 12 years ago. So we know now who are the players(victims?).
I'd love to discuss spoilers! Too many too much rushing out at once now there's finally someone to chat with lol
And just thinking about the music just makes my heart race a little faster.

And you're so right thehibiscus. Isn't it all the hints and clues that got us so geared up for this series? Now if I could just figure out JJH's true identity lol.
I still don't get where JJH's mum and the nerdy guy fit in.
Ooo! I think JJH might be the brother of the guy killed! And the nerdy guy must have been either the friend of JJH's brother or one of the guys bullied by Oh Soo. Did you notice just how SCARED he got when the adulterer dude (the assistant guy) met him in the bookstore. Mayybe. I don't see him as the mastermind, either. Right now, though, I see so much more interaction between Oh Soo and Hae In that I'm annoyed on JJH's behalf. Haha. And have u noticed how carefully he ensures that (JJH I mean) he gives every person he 'uses' (assuming he is behind the murders) his card so they can contact him. It's going to be really interesting how he avoids suspicion if he does as I suspect he will, that is, represent Sora's mom when she is charged with the murder. This is one of the most interesting dramas I've seen in some time!"

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » May 23rd, '07, 23:49

Yes, that's what I thought too, ever since I saw that photo, that it was his brother who was killed, and now he wants revenge!!! XD :lol How original. :mrgreen: :| Only, he doesn't seem to love that brother so much, or is it just me? :unsure:

lindtz

Post by lindtz » Jun 3rd, '07, 14:15

I'm just wondering about the status of the subtitle...I have read the subtitle section, but I am still not clear about the final status of the subbing process, and it seems I cannot find any link of ARAMIS (supposedly the current subber of this serie) ---> sorry if I mispelled it :-)

Maz0r

Post by Maz0r » Jun 5th, '07, 11:26

I cannot find the sub thread anymore, it's like it has been deleted, does anyone have news about it ?

Starfire12

Post by Starfire12 » Jun 5th, '07, 15:58

Dito. Seems to be gone.

dingdangdong

Post by dingdangdong » Jun 6th, '07, 00:23

Yikes, the subtitles page for The Devil is gone from D-addicts :( :(.
I went to the With S2 Fansubbing site
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/With_S2

and found that they have commented that it's for "back up only". Not sure what it means.
Also, if you scroll down and see their status, they put "MAR S2".

Can anyone from S2 subbing team please update us on whether or not this series will be continued to be subbed?

I really want to finish watching this.... THANKS!

snooopy06

Post by snooopy06 » Jun 6th, '07, 08:22

I really hope they continue subbing it

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jun 6th, '07, 17:08

It appears that the KBS had put out an official English subbed DVD. It could be the reason the subbers suspended the project.

The Devil is on the top of my favorite suspense drama list. Tho' half way through the show, we already knew who the mastermind was, it kept us tune in to find out what would the characters do with that knowledge. It became a battle of the wills. It's a bit sad to see Oh Soo struggling with his own guilt and being powerless to stop the person behind all the murders.

Side note: Hae In probably will like Oh Soo more if he is not the cause her debilitating taro-card-reading headaches.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jun 6th, '07, 17:20

Kumaxell wrote:It appears that the KBS had put out an official English subbed DVD. It could be the reason the subbers suspended the project.

The Devil is on the top of my favorite suspense drama list. Tho' half way through the show, we already knew who the mastermind was, it kept us tune in to find out what would the characters do with that knowledge. It became a battle of the wills. It's a bit sad to see Oh Soo struggling with his own guilt and being powerless to stop the person behind all the murders.

Side note: Hae In probably will like Oh Soo more if he is not the cause her debilitating taro-card-reading headaches.
A DVD?? Where? :unsure:

Oh and the project didnt get abandoned...here the post from ay_link over at soompi:
Hello everyone, hehe.. wow, the subs thread got deleted, eh? *scratches head* blink.gif hmm.....

First of all, as for the update on the subbing progress:
WITH S2 is still working on it and we do appreciate your continuous patience and supports smile.gif
The subtitles thread is being locked temporarily until we are ready to release more subs
(to avoid unnecessarily subs 'demands' and out-of-topic 'bashings', it'd be best to have it locked TEMPORARILY)

So, no worries! We'll get this deleted-subs-thread resolved ASAP! . ^^ .

Starfire12

Post by Starfire12 » Jun 6th, '07, 17:35

Kumaxell wrote:It appears that the KBS had put out an official English subbed DVD. It could be the reason the subbers suspended the project.
Then they would have stopped hosting the torrents for the AVI's and while keeping the subs like in Jumong's case, instead of the other way around IMHO.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jun 6th, '07, 19:29

I advise every "impatient" fan to read the soompi thread...withs2 made an announcement. Well I am sure it will be posted at d-addicts too once the sub thread is back :-)

Arishay

Post by Arishay » Jun 6th, '07, 20:26

Subtitles for Devil/Lucifer/Mawang was deleted..
But don't worry ..I'll will be add all subtitles translated by KBS WORLD if With_S2 Team not want to reproduce this project..

Oh.. thank You With_S2 Team for Your hard work^^

nehcnerak

Post by nehcnerak » Jun 7th, '07, 04:21

do anyone know what's wrong with the forum of the series "the devil/mawang".. ?? I don't know what happened. It just said the topic doesn't exist. Where did it go?? can anyone tell me if they have moved to another url or something??

XxLenaxX

Post by XxLenaxX » Jun 7th, '07, 04:49

Can anyone tell me if this series is kinda similar to the style of Resurrection, like thriller/mystery? 'cuz I loved Resurrection! thanks!

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jun 7th, '07, 11:06

XxLenaxX wrote:Can anyone tell me if this series is kinda similar to the style of Resurrection, like thriller/mystery? 'cuz I loved Resurrection! thanks!
Well its from the same writer and PD as Resurrection. Resurrection is also my favorite drama of all time so I would say every Resurrection fan has to watch this drama (well every drama fan should watch this drama :mrgreen: ). Its not directly similar but it has also the theme of revenge.

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jun 8th, '07, 01:03

It was great to read mily2's post at soompi!! http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... 58&st=3060 (long post towards the middle of the page) :cheers:

snowbug

Post by snowbug » Jun 8th, '07, 15:03

Liantasse wrote:It was great to read mily2's post at soompi!! http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... 58&st=3060 (long post towards the middle of the page) :cheers:
And what does it say?
I can't view it because I have no account at soompi.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jun 8th, '07, 15:06

snowbug wrote:
Liantasse wrote:It was great to read mily2's post at soompi!! http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... 58&st=3060 (long post towards the middle of the page) :cheers:
And what does it say?
I can't view it because I have no account at soompi.
That WithS2 is continuing subbing this drama from ep7 onwards. But because its so difficult and only korean translators are working on it, this will be a side project.
And if you check the wiki you can see the status :roll

snowbug

Post by snowbug » Jun 8th, '07, 15:28

WroW wrote:
That WithS2 is continuing subbing this drama from ep7 onwards. But because its so difficult and only korean translators are working on it, this will be a side project.
Alright, thank you.

(But what's with the rolling eyes?)

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jun 8th, '07, 22:17

snowbug wrote:
WroW wrote:
Alright, thank you.

(But what's with the rolling eyes?)
No special meaning...its just my favorite smiley :roll :P

snowbug

Post by snowbug » Jun 9th, '07, 09:34

WroW wrote:
No special meaning...its just my favorite smiley :roll :P
Oh, I see.
I just tend to take the rolling eyes as a sign that I've asked something really stupid :P

hjstar501

Post by hjstar501 » Jun 19th, '07, 05:10

where are the subtitles T T

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jun 19th, '07, 05:24

hjstar501 wrote:where are the subtitles T T
Can't believe you create an account just for asking that... :blink

mily2
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mily2 » Jun 19th, '07, 05:48

-SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM WITHS2-

Since everyone is confused.. let me try to explain the situation abit regarding the ENGLISH SUBS. This will be one LONG post.. to be honest.. usually I don't like to "rant" about these things.. but in this situation.. I feel that it's only fair to let everyone knows the situation and the stress & frustrations that WITH S2 has been through.

I truly hope after reading this particular post, those people who are about to write something negative will stop & think twice before doing so... and that the wonderful fans of "DEVIL" will faithfully continue with us on this journey and offer us their full supports. With that said.. let me begin..

As we have announced earlier.. a Korean independent subber.. Aramis ( MAR) had wanted to sub this series on her own.. and after seeing the great quality of her work & consistent releases through her cb.. WITH S2 has decided at the time to let her take over the drama from episode 5 & on to 1) avoid double work on this particular series and 2) so that we take on more new series. Like we stated at the time, with this decision..this project is mainly ARAMIS's project from episode 5 and WITH S2 will just be BACK UP.

Please understand that once a project is out of our hands.. we have LITTLE CONTROL over the speed of the releases since once ARAMIS took over, it's HER project and WITH S2 can only step in IF/ WHEN when ARAMIS informs us that she can't handle the project anymore. Even though we try to check in with her often, as fansubbers, we also know that DEVIL is a difficult project and that we need to give her enough space to work on the project without giving her additional pressures.

The locking at the thread in D-ADDICTS is to prevent any unnecessary trouble as at the time, we were still in the process of waiting for ARAMIS to release the newest subs and as any fansubbers know.. such negativity does not help the issue and usually.. it just affects fansubbers' motivation & efforts.

To be honest, WITH S2 has every intention to jump in and finish off this project IF/ WHEN ARAMIS decides to drop it.. we have made that intention known at the time when we decided to pass over this project. When the subs didn't move along as well as we had hoped.. like every other fan.. we can only send Aramis our continuous support and the offer to let us know whenever she needs back up as we understand how difficult & energy draining this series is.

The rude comments at d-addicts NOT only made the situation w/ ARAMIS worse .. it definitely affected WITH S2's back up route.

Actually, since the middle of May.. WITH S2 has been silently recruiting our own translators and are fully prepared to take over this drama again .. We were just awaiting ARAMIS's confirmation before we can continue.

If the "wait" was unbearable for the impatient "fans".. it was a more difficult & stressful period for us as well.. Out of respect to Aramis and as a basic courtesy.. we cannot just go ahead and claim back the drama because we are not happy with the release speed. There are "silent" codes of conducts & fansubber's ethics that we need to follow in the fansubbing world.

Proper arrangements need to be made and we need to have to have Aramis's FULL consent before doing so. Due to the nature of the drama, we have decided to only have KOREAN translators work on this series to avoid any "lost in translations" , and as the series already finished airing and the dark theme.. it wasn't an easy process to convince our active korean translators to consider this drama... and the rude comments at d-addicts totally deterred some of our translators who were interested in the beginning. As we all know.. Devil is NOT a series where anyone can just jump in and translates.. one needs to follow it closely because it can be very confusing.. hence our translators have to really download the drama and watches every single episode before they can start work on this series.. with the huge list of attractive current dramas.. that's alot to ask to some of the Korean translators who are not watching DEVIL... so locking the thread at d-addicts is a solution at the time for us because we NEED to 1) prevent more unnecessay rude comments and 2) to do damage control with both Aramis & our back up korean translators.

As to why the thread was DELETED at d-addicts previously.. as ay_link mentioned before.. We have NEVER asked for the thread to be DELETED and are quite confused ourselves.. the admin / mod team here at d-addicts have explained that it was a glitch in the system- so we can only accept that it's an unfortunate accident.

We want to make another announcement while we're at it.. We have just heard from ARAMIS.. AND SHE HAS DECIDED TO DROP THIS DRAMA. WITH S2 is thankful for Aramis's help for episode 5 & 6 and hopefully we will have a chance to work with her on a future project. Also, with this final confirmation from ARAMIS.. WITH S2 WILL PICK UP THIS DRAMA AGAIN FROM EPISODE 7- 20.

Once again, WITH S2 will continue to sub this drama from episode 7 until the end. Due to our current busy schedule and the difficult level of this drama.. it will be our "SIDE" project and might move at a slower speed .. To speed up the process.. we might consider using some parts of the KBS's translations to back up our korean translators. as many have suggested.. Please rest assure.. it's our policy to finish each drama that we started.. and we are 100% sure that we will finish off this project.

From this point on, we feel that we won't need to make any more announcement.. please continue to support Devil & WITH S2. Please refrain from making complaints/ rude comments as that will only slow down the subbing process and cause us unnecessary stress & pressure. This final announcement regarding the status of the project should be enough to assure everyone that we will do our best to finish off this project.

PS: Here's the new devil subs thread- ep 7 has been released :)

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_49758.htm
Last edited by mily2 on Jun 19th, '07, 10:19, edited 2 times in total.

hjstar501

Post by hjstar501 » Jun 19th, '07, 06:44

nadesico wrote:
hjstar501 wrote:where are the subtitles T T
Can't believe you create an account just for asking that... :blink
actually i've been part of d-addicts for over 2 years already. uhm i just wanted to make a new account?

snowbug

Post by snowbug » Jun 19th, '07, 07:17

Thank you so much for this post mily2. It's good to know what is going on.

:wub:

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jul 19th, '07, 03:29

Sending parcels from convenience stores is a big part of the drama's plot. As far as I can understand it, most convenience stores in South Korea (or maybe just in Seoul?) offer this service by which you can send a parcel (presumably just in town) by courier. Am I right in supposing so?

Sorry if it seems a stupid question! :pale: It's just that it took me a few episodes to figure it out :sweat: because where I live usually you can only mail parcels from the post office or through an expedition company.

I've watched until ep 13 now, and
maaaan, that look Seung Ha gives Hae In at the end of the episode!!! :O It's really starting to get at him, everything is. I wonder if he ever gave it much thought before, while masterminding the whole "wonderful" plan, how those people he turns into murderers against their will will feel about that... :pale: He clearly hasn't taken into account such questions as "When will I see my mom".... :cry:
I really wonder how long it will be before he totally unravels... But he's got it coming, a big breakdown that is... in spite of all those cruel inhuman smiles that send chills down my spine every time I see them... :|

What I'm very curious about, now, is how did Kim Yeong Chul's "prank" phonecalls bring the truck driver to the accident scene... Or maybe the driver isn't telling the truth about the phonecalls?

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jul 19th, '07, 06:37

Yaayyy!!! You can count me in :cheers:
Didn't expected it but I'm totally crazy over Mawang.. I'm not such a fan of thriller/mystery, but ... yes, I admit it, I'll gave it a try because of JJH :wub:
Even so I thought, he wasn't that handsome in Goong but I liked his acting a lot and now in Mawang... :blink he really does his best there. And he look better than in Goong..
I heard, that he lost weight because of this drama, too.. and it fits his part very well, now with this much more sharp face.. it totally shows this 'cold' heart with these "cruel inhuman smiles"

And Hae Ins Part was choosen well, too. I like the chemistry between her and JJH. And yes, when he think about her or look at her... these eyes..*I'm melting* It's like.. you already know, what he's done and you know, that it's not good... but you don't care.. at least I don't care - every time he shows this face to her..

But the detective..well, at first I'm not a big fan of him *because of Delightful Girl, too :whistling: * but I warmed up with him in Mawang. But in one of the former episodes it really annoyed me to see his teary, drunken face, when he was with Hae In. but I'm happy, she only sees him as a friend...

Ah, the parcel- thing I recognized it too, Liantasse :-) And it took me some episode,too :whistling: :lol
I lived at the countryside before moving to town and in our village you could bring your parcels to the store...well it was only a little village with one store..

Ah, and with these phonecalls, I think you should know it after watching ep. 14 ^-^ or perhaps you'll know at least, why the truckdriver was 'choosen'

mjhey

Post by mjhey » Jul 24th, '07, 21:08

Same here about your comments on his looks and acting. I thought so too that he looked better in Mawang. I agree as well of him and the lead girl having a good chemistry. Gotta say that they picked the right actress to portray the psychometrist.

Speaking of the two, some scenes here on this picture clip (mv) made by a fan

Last edited by mjhey on Aug 6th, '07, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jul 24th, '07, 22:29

Oh dear, I really didn't expect
that revelation about the truckdriver! :O I had totally forgotten about those letters from many episodes ago... :sweat:

Who else bawled their eyes out at the scene between
Seung Ha and his "sister"?! :cry: :cry:
I'm sure there was loads more I wanted to say, but this HOTTTTT :flamed: weather we're having now has reduced my neurons to a blank stupor... :| I hope some of them are still left alive until about a month from now, when I'll be back home and hopefully able to enjoy the rest of this great series!!! Oh, wait, did I say enjoy? More like cry / faint / sit on the edge of my chair / etc! But of course, also, really enjoy it!! :wub:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jul 25th, '07, 08:08

Liantasse wrote:Oh dear, I really didn't expect
that revelation about the truckdriver! :O I had totally forgotten about those letters from many episodes ago... :sweat:
]
Ah, yes, when he found the letters, I was really surprised, too.
Didn't thought it would be the driver.. even with these phone calls :scratch:
Liantasse wrote: Who else bawled their eyes out at the scene between
Seung Ha and his "sister"?! :cry: :cry:
:cry: I was :cry: Such a touching scene...
I really, really, really hoped for him, his 'sis' would understand him. And she did :wub: Didn't really expected it, after watching quiet some Kdrama - well, at least not the way how she reveals it. And I really thought that she deleted the data from the stick :blink Hope there'll be some more scenes with her.
I'm sure there was loads more I wanted to say, but this HOTTTTT weather we're having now has reduced my neurons to a blank stupor... I hope some of them are still left alive until about a month from now, when I'll be back home and hopefully able to enjoy the rest of this great series!!! Oh, wait, did I say enjoy? More like cry / faint / sit on the edge of my chair / etc! But of course, also, really enjoy it!! :wub
Probably your neurons will recover after such a long absence from here ^-^
And I think you'll be enjoying the next episodes with subs, since With S2 are reliable *love you guys :wub: *
Last edited by littledraci on Aug 4th, '07, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 1st, '07, 19:27

noooo :faint:

tourette

Post by tourette » Oct 16th, '07, 13:20

Is this kdrama really worth the try ? cause i've only watch the 2 first episodes and the storylines, plots & twists seems to be easy to guess. am i wrong ?

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Oct 16th, '07, 13:47

Mmmhhh on one hand you're maybe right, it was easy guess who is who and so on, but on the other hand I think you'll have a lot dramas where you can guess what's gonna happen after the first few episodes :scratch: :-)
But there are quit some interesting turns additional points that you don't expect!

A lot of people said it's similar to Resurrection.... haven't watched it til now *and probably gonna see it at all ^-^*

I grew more and more to this drama with every episode.. and the reason for that is definitely NOT Jo Ji Hoon ^-^

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 3rd, '07, 13:14

Ok, I finally got around to watching the first episode and I need to ask you knowledgeable k-drama fans here: Does it get any better? Because despite the murder mystery and psychometry subject, it isn't holding my interest. There just seems to be something missing...something which Resurrection had going for it. Something that clings on to you and won't let go.

I also agree with tourette that the story seems to be very predictable. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong as well, but I might not last long enough to find out.

simplyxmee

Post by simplyxmee » Nov 4th, '07, 02:05

this is definitely one of those "must see" dramas =)