Jdramas with good looking actors/actresses?

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
nanafarhanna

Jdramas with good looking actors/actresses?

Post by nanafarhanna » Apr 27th, '07, 18:04

I'm bored...

So..

Which jdramas do you guys/girls think have the most good looking actors/actresses? (I mean a lot of good looking ppl..quantity-kakkoi n kawaii included) ^__^

no offense ya..~

What dramas would you recommend?

Again, if you find this offensive, i'm so sorry... :cry:

p/s: Judging people based on their looks..? Will looks help the drama sells?
Last edited by nanafarhanna on Apr 28th, '07, 08:06, edited 3 times in total.

groink

Post by groink » Apr 27th, '07, 18:25

I had to check twice to see if I was in the KDrama Discussions forum. Apparently I'm not.

If you're bored, go do some chores or something. Regarding your choice of topic, Japanese drama fans are not superficial when it come to the TV shows we watch. Judging shows based on the looks of people is not cool.

--- groink

nanafarhanna

Post by nanafarhanna » Apr 27th, '07, 19:02

groink wrote:I had to check twice to see if I was in the KDrama Discussions forum. Apparently I'm not.

If you're bored, go do some chores or something. Regarding your choice of topic, Japanese drama fans are not superficial when it come to the TV shows we watch. Judging shows based on the looks of people is not cool.

--- groink
hmm..dun get me wrong groink..~ u dont have to be so negative.. i'm not asking for judgement from people who loves jdrama.. and i also didnt ask people to judge the drama based on the looks..

we're surfing the net to have fun and to relieve the stress.. so cheer up man.. ;)

and it's up to me whether i wanna do chores/whatever when i'm bored.. no offense ok..~ ^___^

baby_shin

Post by baby_shin » Apr 28th, '07, 06:03

nanafarhanna ~ i know what you're saying..:)

I haven't seen many jdoramas...but so far ..for me it's definitely HANA YORI DANGO 1 and 2 !!!

Mao is soo cute in there!!
OK, first time when I saw the F4, I was like :O :O but slowly they look grow in me... :roll

Another one is probably ANEGO
Jin is soooo CUTE!!! and the other older actors are not that bad bad...
I'm not really a fan of Japanese guys, but I find the actors here are quite likeable...so it's a plus for this drama 8)
and of course , Shinohara ..she's beautiful as an anego :-) :P

nanafarhanna

Post by nanafarhanna » Apr 28th, '07, 06:12

baby_shin wrote:nanafarhanna ~ i know what you're saying..:)

I haven't seen many jdoramas...but so far ..for me it's definitely HANA YORI DANGO 1 and 2 !!!

Mao is soo cute in there!!
OK, first time when I saw the F4, I was like :O :O but slowly they look grow in me... :roll

Another one is probably ANEGO
Jin is soooo CUTE!!! and the other older actors are not that bad bad...
I'm not really a fan of Japanese guys, but I find the actors here are quite likeable...so it's a plus for this drama 8)
and of course , Shinohara ..she's beautiful as an anego :-) :P

waahh.. i'm so happy that at least there's someone who can understand what i'm thinking.. thank u soo much~!!!

i've watched gokusen 2, and it's great! kame, teppei, jin and the other tall guy (i frgot his name) are hot! i love it cos kame and jin are in it.. :D

i tried to watch hana yori dango, but i didnt find it interesting.. what do u reckon? is it good? i just watched the first episode..

have u watched Meteor Garden?? it's the same drama with Hana Yori Dango but it's a chinese version with F4 in it.. the taiwanese band (jerry yan, vic zhou, ken and vannes wu).. i love meteor garden so much! hmm.. i think that may be the reason why i dont really like hana yori dango...if u think hana yori dango's great, i'll try to give it a try once again... :-)

well, thanx for ur understanding... love u love u~~~ :wub:

baby_shin

Post by baby_shin » Apr 28th, '07, 06:30

omg...you haven't seen hyd at all?
definitely should give it a try!! especially the second season is really good!! but then, it's better to see the first season first.

I loveddd MG!! I was crazy over jerry's dms for a while...watched it like thousand times!! hahaha...
but after watching HYD, I have to admit that HYD is muchhhhh better...
I know, the japanese F4 is probably not as cute as the taiwanese but their look are quite likeable and it will grow on you throughout the show

I whole heartedly recommend this drama to anyone
It's one of my favourite asian drama!
Mao is the perfect Makino
and eventhough Jun is not as tall as Jerry, he definitely brought the Doumiyoji to life perfectly.

I haven't seen Gokusen 2 yet, only the first one.
I'm over my monthly d/l bandwidth LOL~ so gotta wait till next month :)
First time I knew Jin is from Anego, so I'm looking fof his past projects

:mrgreen:

nanafarhanna

Post by nanafarhanna » Apr 28th, '07, 06:39

baby_shin wrote:omg...you haven't seen hyd at all?
definitely should give it a try!! especially the second season is really good!! but then, it's better to see the first season first.

I loveddd MG!! I was crazy over jerry's dms for a while...watched it like thousand times!! hahaha...
but after watching HYD, I have to admit that HYD is muchhhhh better...
I know, the japanese F4 is probably not as cute as the taiwanese but their look are quite likeable and it will grow on you throughout the show

I whole heartedly recommend this drama to anyone
It's one of my favourite asian drama!
Mao is the perfect Makino
and eventhough Jun is not as tall as Jerry, he definitely brought the Doumiyoji to life perfectly.

I haven't seen Gokusen 2 yet, only the first one.
I'm over my monthly d/l bandwidth LOL~ so gotta wait till next month :)
First time I knew Jin is from Anego, so I'm looking fof his past projects

:mrgreen:
hey....dun laugh...! i know i'm a bit left behind all this jdramas n stuff..LOL..but i'll get to it as soon as i could...i'll definitely spend my winter break with jdramas..yaiyy!!

hmm..if u say so, i'll watch it again k... :)

omg u like MG too??? hahaha.. i thot i'm the only one obsessed with MG before this.. and yes i agree with u that those taiwanese F4 are hotter than japanese.. but matsujun is quite ok-ok.. ^__^ i bought MG vcd years before, and i'll kept on playing it when i'm bored.. jerry's HOT~!! and he's funny...

have u watched sapuri? the storyline is basically the same as anego, but this time KAmE's in it... ^___^ but i think anego is much better than sapuri eventho kame is better actor than jin..

but i still love akaME... *grins*

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Apr 28th, '07, 07:04

"Judging people based on their looks..? Will looks help the drama sells?"

Good topic actually

One jdrama that was a success because of the boys pretty-ness is Gokusen2 (TWO, DOS, DUO, NI not the 1st one). There's Jin, Kame, Mokomichi, Teppei & the beautiful Nakama Yuckie. However the drama was.. eh. Exact same plot as the first one. It did get REALLY GOOD ratings & some *coughundeservedcough* awards.

But good looks is subjectif. Some will swoon at the sight of Kame & Jin but some might say their facial features is similar to well bread horse (no offense girls.. I like Akame & love horses. this is based on others comment on them. not mine.)
Good looks sell but its not essential. You might need only 1 pretty boy or lovely lady to sell a drama.

Hana Yori Dango is full of beautiful people but the looks alone is not the main reason why the drama was so successful. MG F4 is better looking but acting wise.....eh.

Aya Ueto & Mokomichi had flops before.

I guess jdorama audiences are not that superficial (THANK GOD)

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Apr 29th, '07, 01:37

baby_shin

What is your avatar of?

a-nesuto

Post by a-nesuto » Apr 29th, '07, 04:43

aishoni2 wrote:& the beautiful Nakama Yuckie.
:lol :lol

Tokyo Friends had a beautiful cast. :-)

nanafarhanna

Post by nanafarhanna » Apr 29th, '07, 04:51

malljclay wrote:baby_shin

What is your avatar of?
hmm...i think baby shin's avatar is from nodame cantabile drama.. the part where the guy pretending to sleep so that the girl would kiss him...i think so... :P

i havent watch the drama yet, but i heard that it's a good one..

plus the actor is kinda cute n hot..

theehehehe... :D

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Apr 29th, '07, 05:41

Yeah, I have to agree with the person above. Jdoramas isn't about looks. However, most of the girls are cute cuz that's how J girls act...even the ones who are bla looking.

arabian

Post by arabian » Apr 29th, '07, 05:59

In my view..

HYD..
Pride..

baby_shin

Post by baby_shin » Apr 29th, '07, 08:18

nanafarhanna ~ thanks for helping me :)
Yes my avie is from Nodame Cantabile
My fave Jdorama along with HYD!!! MUSTTT SEEEEE!!!
Hiroshi Tamaki is reaaally hot and cute!!!!! OMG...no words can describe how crazy I was/am with him while watching the Nodame :wub: :wub:

This drama also have great casts, well at least there are Tamaki and Ueno who make the cutest couple...just like makino and tsukushi by mao and jun :)

Must see!!
:thumleft: :thumleft:

Oh yeah..PRIDE also has great casts...TakuKimu and Yuko make a sweet couple
and the hockey guys are also not too bad :mrgreen:

The casts from Nodame Cantabile :w00t: :w00t:
Attachments
1yo9.jpg
1yo9.jpg (67.69 KiB) Viewed 2726 times

Fin_gurly

Post by Fin_gurly » Apr 29th, '07, 08:41

Kimi wa Petto is one of my fav drama....Jun looks sooo kawaii there and Attension please is good also cuz there is Nishikido Ryo :wub:
ISWAK is must see..Joe and Ariel is so kawaii together.. :lol
Mars is also really good(Vic and Barbie :D )
i almost forgot My Girl..there is LeeJoonki :wub: and Lee Dong Wook :wub:

sorry my bad english.. :D

Magalamb

Post by Magalamb » Apr 29th, '07, 08:47

Well, Nishikido Ryo is really hot in 1 Litre of Tears, and definitely Boku Dake No Madonna with Takki (both have MANY other good points other than attractive leads, though.)

For sheer quantity, then definitely HYD2. All of F4 got better looking between series one and two/

Kurosagi has an amazingly hot Yamapi constantly dressing up in disguises...

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Apr 29th, '07, 14:33

I agree that beauty is subjective. Often, in a drama, I get attracted to a certain character due to his/her personality and charisma, and not because of looks.

Anyway, to go on with my recommendation, I'd definitely go with Searchin' for my polestar. I'm not sure if you will think the same, but I consider Ito Hideaki, Sakaguchi Kenji, Odagiri Joe, Koyuki, Konishi Manami, and Hasegawa Kyoko good looking actors/actresses. If you don't know who they are, look them up (btw, their pics in Jdorama are horrible, in actuality they look ways better.) Even though they're not that young anymore, they're still attractive in a mature sort of way. In just one drama, you get to see 6 beautiful people, isn't that a treat? But I must say, it's the story that is evenly compelling, though a bit dark. The good thing is that they all can ACT, really well in fact because they're actual actors and not some sort of idols turned actors like the Johnny boys.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Apr 29th, '07, 14:58

I can't believe that some people still won't believe that JDrama fans, or at least many of them and especially Johnny's fans, aren't any less focused on looks than KDrama fans or TWDrama fans. Over in the German thread, where JDrama and KDrama fans coexist peacefully, there is about as much OMG MATSUJUN THE SMEXX as there is OMG ERIC MUN YOU BEAST! And, there is nothing wrong with that.

Anyways, for me it's Anego (Jin looks really pretty and feminine there) and Nobuta wo Produce. Yamapi and Kame cuddling. :wub: Oh, and definitely Majo no Jouken - the female lead is a stunningly beautiful, mature, elegant Japanese woman and the male lead is so cute I want to eat his face. Feminine-looking Japanese boys will always be a guilty pleasure of mine.

Edit: OMG, I almost forgot the definite winner! If you want a drama packed full of good-looking boys and have already watched HYD, check out Stand Up! You even get to see Oguri Shun naked. :-)

For non-Japanese dramas, the drama with the highest-concentration of good-looking males is definitely Meteor Garden.

Natsu-chan

Post by Natsu-chan » Apr 29th, '07, 15:37

I didn't like Kimi wo Petto because of the dark theme :P

Dramas with hot actors:
- Kurosagi (Yamapi)
- Gokusen 2
- 1 Litre of Tears
- My Girl [Korean]
- Goong <3

@goygakgoy You're right about Japanese girls being cute, except in Yamapi's doramas (Nobuta Wo Produce, Kurosagi & Proposal Daisakusen) Yamapi looks cuter than the female leads, I don't know if they've intended this or whether Yamapi himself is extraordinarily cute ^.^

Dramas with cute actresses:
- Nodame
- 1 Litre of Tears
- Gals (amazing Harajuku fashion)
- Goong [Korean]
- Last Christmas

nanafarhanna

Post by nanafarhanna » May 1st, '07, 16:00

baby_shin wrote:nanafarhanna ~ thanks for helping me :)
Yes my avie is from Nodame Cantabile
My fave Jdorama along with HYD!!! MUSTTT SEEEEE!!!
Hiroshi Tamaki is reaaally hot and cute!!!!! OMG...no words can describe how crazy I was/am with him while watching the Nodame :wub: :wub:

This drama also have great casts, well at least there are Tamaki and Ueno who make the cutest couple...just like makino and tsukushi by mao and jun :)

Must see!!
:thumleft: :thumleft:

Oh yeah..PRIDE also has great casts...TakuKimu and Yuko make a sweet couple
and the hockey guys are also not too bad :mrgreen:

The casts from Nodame Cantabile :w00t: :w00t:
whoaa...

i reaallly lurve u baby_shin...hihihiii..

seems like we have lots in common..

i'm planning to watch nodame too~ my fren says it's great!!

i've watched pride years before... pretty good...lotsa good looking men in it...

but exams are coming in a few weeks.. gosh!! but i'll definitely spend my winter break watching all jdramas...!! yeayyy~!!!

nanafarhanna

Post by nanafarhanna » May 1st, '07, 16:04

Magalamb wrote:Well, Nishikido Ryo is really hot in 1 Litre of Tears, and definitely Boku Dake No Madonna with Takki (both have MANY other good points other than attractive leads, though.)

For sheer quantity, then definitely HYD2. All of F4 got better looking between series one and two/

Kurosagi has an amazingly hot Yamapi constantly dressing up in disguises...
thannxxx everyone for ur suggestions...

my jdramas' list get longer n longer...gonna have a winter break full of jdramas..

yeaayy~~

hontouni arigatou..~

a-nesuto

Post by a-nesuto » May 1st, '07, 20:23

Natsu-chan wrote:@goygakgoy You're right about Japanese girls being cute, except in Yamapi's doramas (Nobuta Wo Produce, Kurosagi & Proposal Daisakusen) Yamapi looks cuter than the female leads, I don't know if they've intended this or whether Yamapi himself is extraordinarily cute ^.^
:lol these d addicts threads crack me up :lol

belleza

Post by belleza » May 1st, '07, 22:45

I'm rather dismayed nobody mentioned Water Boys 1 or 2. I do believe the boys don't wear shirts in that show. Like, EVER! ;)

Gokusen 1 + 2 are ridonkulous (-ly entertaining) JE-fests. G1 has Shin and Jun. G2 has Kat-Tun. And for the guys, G1 + G2 has the ethereal Yukie Nakama whom all of Johnny's Boys wanna date. (So much so that there were persistent Jun/Yukie rumors back in the day. ;) )

But never mind the boys -- Johnny's Men tend to be ridiculously hot. Nagase is ridiculously hot. Kimura is ridiculously, ridiculously hot. Kusanagi, by virtue of his fluency in that language of hotness Korean, is ridiculously hot in an oppa sort of way. Basically anybody who's ever won a male or female jeanist award are legitimate contenders to teh hotness. You really can't go wrong with dramas starring these people . . . and they tend to be good too! ;)

You may also want to try Yoshitsune, aka. Johnny's Taiga drama.

As for K-drama, that's a trick question. All men and women in K-dramas are hot. Even the 40+ year olds are totally dateable. Their surgeons wouldn't allow any less. ;)

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » May 2nd, '07, 13:47

That really seems to be the basis for dramas now-a-days; let's get "good-looking people to snatch the ratings." Of course, those "good-looking" people have to be established; you can't through a good-looking, no-name individual out there to pull in the ratings.

Actually, the First 鬼嫁日記 had a great cast of attractive men and women.

Anything with Tokiwa Takako, Matsuyuki Yasuko, and Sakai Noriko fell within my realm of dramas with Beautiful women...

belleza

Post by belleza » May 2nd, '07, 22:50

That really seems to be the basis for dramas now-a-days; let's get "good-looking people to snatch the ratings." Of course, those "good-looking" people have to be established; you can't through a good-looking, no-name individual out there to pull in the ratings.
But the thing is, most people watch idol-oriented comedy/dramas over all else (and yes, even 1 Litre could be considered an idol drama), and that includes most of Kimura's work. Usually the guys blast the JE idols, then they slobber all over the young actresses cast against them. Gender bias is what human nature is.

Japanese dramas kinda differentiate themselves in that, because they're much shorter than other Asian dramas, the supporting casts are much thinner. That in turn means the leads are asked to carry the show. In a K-drama, if you have an idol in the lead, you'll have a support system of veteran talent (and usually a seasoned costar) to kinda keep the idol afloat. (And even then, Goong S sometimes happens. ;) ) In J-dramas, the idols are often swimming by themselves.

The other thing is, J-dramas are more likely to catch teenagers to play teenagers in those lead roles. On American TV, even the WB shows were mostly acted by 20-somethings playing 16-somethings. And you could kinda tell who was the real teenager because the acting chops weren't all there yet. Those who could, you could tell would become the big stars. Yamapi is all over TV. But Takayuki Yamada is the guy I actually see constantly promoted in posters at the video store.

Outside of idol drama, though, the acting is often excellent and the people are still quite pretty. Ryoko Shinohara, Patron Queen of all Working Women, is often up there in those beauty polls. Kyoko Hasegawa and Yukie Nakama are still CM queens. Bambino features Yuki Uchida, and she's absolutely dazzling.

kiki

Post by kiki » May 3rd, '07, 03:11

looks can only get you so far. like meteor garden, i like f4, watch if until i drop because the story is too long and dragging, and the acting is so bad. Prince of Tennis live action , bunch of cute people in there, drop, can't stand the bad acting and the storyline. Suck in my opion. marmalade boy, feature use to be my favorite in f4. Ken zhu, i drop at ep. 8 cause i really can't stand the acting, it really horrible. i pass forward all in Devil Beside You, good storyline but acting from main girl really make my flesh crawl. Sweet Spy, as much as i like Deniss Oh, he so bad at acting and the kind of kill the whole drama, so drop it until the series get dub then i watch cause i like the story. No matter how good looking they are, i focuse more on acting or storyline.

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » May 3rd, '07, 03:32

For Jdramas, I have to go with:
-Kurosagi (Yamapi!!!)
-Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2
-Nobuta wo Produce
-Kimi wa Petto
-Gokusen

Other dramas:
-Goong
-Full House
-Meteor Garden
-Tokyo Juliet
-Hana Kimi
-It Started with a Kiss
-Devil Beside You
-Love Contract

baby_shin

Post by baby_shin » May 3rd, '07, 05:18

belleza ~ you've got really good points.

I am actually a very biased audience :)

Honestly, I normally check out who are the actors/actress in the drama before start watching it :roll
But, sometimes, looks alone doesn't sell the drama.
Thats why I am not really a fan of Taiwanese drama (no offense to the fans) but I think they are lack in acting quality.
They may have better looking or hotter than most Japanese actors but their acting skill is :goggle:

Oh ya..GK1, I like Jun's hairstyle in there..but Shun's hairstyle...LOL I prefer him in HYD
:D

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » May 3rd, '07, 05:47

My vote goes to KUROSAGI!! Yamapi looked sooooo sooo soo HOT :wub: :wub: :wub: !! I don't think Maki is gorgeous, but she is cute. Yamapi has enough hotness to outshine anyone :lol !

belleza

Post by belleza » May 3rd, '07, 08:55

Yeah, I think these discussions inevitably go back to Yamapi. But, you know, give the sexy boy toy some time.
Honestly, I normally check out who are the actors/actress in the drama before start watching it
But, sometimes, looks alone doesn't sell the drama.
Yeah, I think that's the general rule and that's also how most shows are marketed. That said, how I watch J-drama is so, so different than how I watch K-drama. In K-drama, bad acting will make me lose interest in the show. In J-drama, bad story will do that.

There's something to be said about good looks. For example, in a recent K-drama (Thank You), the first episode has the lead guy showing off his phenomenal, post-military service abs in a shower scene. I mean, next to this guy, Rain looks kinda fat. In fact, that wall of grainte was so godlike that even the male staff members were giggling like school girls and taking camera phone shots. Never mind that the first episode involves an important character dying, a smart child with HIV, and spare scenes of island loneliness. You come for the tears; but you're staying for the abs. ;)

pokpak

Post by pokpak » May 5th, '07, 17:53

I'm surprised no one pick Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, there were Kame, Yuuta and two beautiful girls like Ayase Haruka and Toda Erika. Ayase was really really glamorous and her acting is no doubt.

Dragon Zakura, also full of good looking boys and girls. Kurosagi, as Yamapi was sooooo hot in there.

In my opinion, good looking actor/actress can easier attract the audience to watch but as the story go, acting and storyline will play a big part whether I should continue watching. Anyway, if there is an actor/actress I especially like, I would watch it to the end anyway.. I'm very biased that much.. hehehh ^_^