Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
sanpellegrino

Post by sanpellegrino » Apr 4th, '07, 19:54

there are 65 pages of this and i really don't have the time to look through all that...
SO
can anyone recommend a drama that is sort of like hana yori dango? in other words

1) targeted to mainly a teen audience
2) romance (it can be melodramatic though, i love a good cry)
3) hot guys =p
I've only seen HYD and a bit of nobuta wo produce btw
mucho thx

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Apr 4th, '07, 20:16

ok i have a question, Is Orange Day a good drama? i'm looking for a drama to watch and it seems that a lot of people like it so give me some advice.
jdramas that i've liked are My Boss My Hero, Hana Yori Dango, just those two that i'm really in love with.

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Apr 4th, '07, 20:54

gummonster wrote:ok i have a question, Is Orange Day a good drama? i'm looking for a drama to watch and it seems that a lot of people like it so give me some advice.
jdramas that i've liked are My Boss My Hero, Hana Yori Dango, just those two that i'm really in love with.
Orange Days is totally different from those two, and much better.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Apr 4th, '07, 22:31

Seghal wrote:
gummonster wrote:ok i have a question, Is Orange Day a good drama? i'm looking for a drama to watch and it seems that a lot of people like it so give me some advice.
Orange Days is totally different from those two, and much better.
really? i heard that Orange day is quite slow and sometimes boring? I like funny things, exciting, and like not slow. so what is the story about, is it really worth watching?

thanks for replying

amari17

Hi do anyone know a good high school series or such

Post by amari17 » Apr 8th, '07, 23:18

Hi does anybody know a good high school series which isn't Hana yori dango, Gokusen, Nobuta wo produce and My boss my hero??????????????????????

It be much appreciated! :D :D :D

sveta

Post by sveta » Apr 8th, '07, 23:30

I'm not 100 percent certain, ones i did enjoy are Queen of hte classroom, and GTO. ONe is middle school, i'm not sure about GTO. There is also kou kou kyoshi, and Stand up! I watched 1993 version which is touching. Stand up! is about high schoolers i'm certain. Hmm...can't think of any others. Hope i helped. There's also water boys.

syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya » Apr 9th, '07, 03:38

i just watched iryu and i'm simply amazed! can you recommend a drama for me? i like something that came from an anime/manga or something extra-ordinary eg. like iryu (medical stuffs) or gto. not the usual love romance, but if it's good then i wouldn't mind. maybe i want a detective drama too..

MedallionEchelon

Post by MedallionEchelon » Apr 9th, '07, 04:19

Heya,

I go through random pages on this Discussion page so I can never remember where I found something. I'm currently watching A Millions Stars Fall From the Sky, and when I went into that discussion page I accidentally read something that wasn't spoiler tagged, so I'm afraid the drama wont be as 'shocking' to me. Anyway, I'm just wondering of anymore dramas that are good and have a 'shocking plot twist'. Thanks ahead of time.

(And now I'll know better not to go into the discussion threads w/ dramas that have plot twists :lol )

Eria

Post by Eria » Apr 9th, '07, 07:13

@medallion... hey, did you check your pm? have you seen summer snow? that also has a nice twist at the end.

@sanpellegrino @ gummonster @ amari... orange days has not a lot of cute guys but tsumabuki is enough for me ;p. but if you are looking for a lot of guys like hyd, maybe you should check out gokusen, gokuse 2, gto, ikebukuro west gate park, kisarazu cat's eye, stand up, dragon zakura, gachi baka?, summer snow, yankee bouku ni kaeru

canon05

Post by canon05 » Apr 9th, '07, 07:33

^ Don't forget "Lunch Queen". It also has a lot of cute guys. It's also a good drama.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 10th, '07, 05:25

MedallionEchelon wrote:Anyway, I'm just wondering of anymore dramas that are good and have a 'shocking plot twist'. Thanks ahead of time.
Well, Long Love Letter starts with a shocking twist at the end of the first episode, and then just keeps twisting away throughout the entire series...:lol
I haven't watched it, but from the discussion thread, Unfair seems to have some sort of plot twist that's at least intended to be shocking.
Both Ame to Ume no ato ni and Teru Teru Ashita are interesting... not really shocking, but kinda neat...
Yonimo Kimyouna Monogatari is a compilation of several stories a la the Twilight Zone...
(And now I'll know better not to go into the discussion threads w/ dramas that have plot twists :lol )
yesh... :fear:

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Apr 10th, '07, 20:58

Filmfan wrote:if pure intelligence is what is sought after in a drama, we would all be sorely disappointed and the end result would be no one watching television. Drama/tv shows unlike film, is a medium that is readily available to the masses and is demographically targeted by marketers. To sustain itself it relies heavily on advertisers or sponsors that see ratings and viewership as the key to high sales figures, though this may not be necessarily so, but it is still standard practice.

Filmmakers, especially those independent from the studios, have slightly more flexibility on their art of story telling. They have a bit of an advantage of creating original, thought-provoking works of art. However, even filmmakers are not immune to the "business" of the industry. They still have to rely heavily (if they are not rich themselves and they can just invest on their own hobbies) on backers/investors in order to make their movies. If their film or documentary is not widely accepted, critically acclaimed, and/or a box office hit, then their careers unfortunately will not go as far as hoped. They will have to find other means of living. So then money, really is the determining factor that drives things to be made. this is quite unfortunate for those who have something original to tell.

Consider the following films:

Akira Kurosawa's Roshomon (Japan) - (1950) a Japanese crime drama produced with both philosophical and psychological overtones. An episode (rape and murder) in a forest is reported by four witnesses, each from their own point of view.
Akira Kurosawa's Yume - a kaleidescopic non-narrative film full of visual imagery but no real story line. It's a collection of tales based on Akira's dreams.
Scent of Green Papaya (Vietnam/France) - a girl's life told in a poetic silence and relying mostly on nature's sounds.
Wong Kar Wai's Chungking Express (Hong Kong) - two love-struck cops filmed in impressionistic splashes of motion and color.
Ang Lee's Eat Drink Man Woman (Taiwan)- Life in the house revolves around the ritual of an elaborate dinner each Sunday.
Sergei Eisenstein's Battleship Potemkin (Russia) - Based on the historical events the movie tells the story of a riot at the battleship Potemkin. This politically charged film doesn't rely on continuity or story-telling but more to anger proletariats.

Now these are highly intelligent, highly original, highly thought-provoking films, but if these were made into dramas, would people be actually watching them? Most likely not. But if they did, it would have to be heavily compromised to fit into what the public would readily accept (though some do try. And I salute those who do!)

But these are things that producers/creators/execs have to think about when it comes to the highly volatile medium called television. Because the concensus is most drama viewers would just rather sit back, relax and enjoy a show. They don't want to rack their brains on plots, subplots, framing, cinematography, continuity, subtext, meaning, or any miniscule detail for that matter. They just want to be entertained. And as data figures show, most viewers of movies and television are the same ones who shop the most: girls ages 13-29. And what do girls 13-29 like? They like seeing good-looking people on screen who have chemistry. Do most of them care about aesthetics and creativity? Not really. They are most interested on the face that appears on that screen and maybe if the storyline is duable.

But I respect the right to want to watch a show for a particular actor/actress. I mean don't we all have some favorites that compel us to watch a certain show or movie just to see them despite the fact that the show itself may not be to our liking? People have so many different reasons for watching something or hating something, and everyone is entitled to their reasons or desires, including their preference for whatever genre they'd like to view the most. For drama is after all a form of art, and art will always be subjective.

I LOVE HANA YORI DANGO :thumleft: :thumright:
Filmfan, if you're still out there, just wanted to let you know that this is possibly the most awesome thing I've read on this forum . . until the Hana Yori Dango line. j/k. ;) I was actually just thinking the same thing recently after watching the Japanese film, Nobody Knows. Why can't the dramas be as serious and real as their movies? Or even their anime or manga or books? It's like the one medium that isn't taken seriously is TV.

Though maybe it's also a reflection of Hollywood . . the best directors, best actors, best composers, best cinematographers work for film. Do TV programs even use cinematographers?

Still, you won't know until you try, and I wish the industry wouldn't be afraid to experiment once in awhile. I mean, it's only an 11 week risk. Over here, who knew something as unusual as LOST or Heroes would work in an era of medicine and law driven dramas?
gmak wrote:hello,
I am new to the world of asian drama.
I just recently finished the Densha Otoko series, and it completely blew me away.
As such, i would like to learn about and discover new asian dramas. If anyone has any possible ROMANCE series that would prove interesting please post a list of them. Thank you
For romance, I liked Sekai no Chuushin and Ima Ai. For Densha Otoko slapstick style comedy, I thought Tiger & Dragon was good and far better than Densha.
Orange Days is an okay drama. The acting from the two leads is great, the concept is great, it's just that there's waaay to much romance. How a cast of 5 was able to generate 8 pairings and a bunch of love triangles is beyond me. But if romance is your thing, this is the show for you. Also check out Last Christmas which actually managed to exceed Orange Days amount of pairings and love triangles. I swear, everyone's in love in that show. o_O

sorairo

Post by sorairo » Apr 14th, '07, 18:57

Anyone have any J-Drama recommendation for me? I watch almost anything as long as it has good storyline and/or funny. Below is the list of all the J-Drama I have seen and like. Thanks in advance!

1 Litre of Tears
Gokusen
Gokusen 2
Great Teacher Onizuka
Great Teacher Onizuka Drama Special
Kimi wa Petto
Kurosagi
Nodama Cantabile
Hana Yori Dango
Hana Yori Dango 2
Itazura na Kiss (watching right now)
Love Revolution
Last edited by sorairo on Apr 14th, '07, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 100869

Post by Deleted User 100869 » Apr 14th, '07, 19:24

sorairo wrote:Anyone have any J-Drama recommendation for me? I watch almost anything as long as it has good storyline and/or funny. Below is the list of all the J-Drama I have seen and like. Thanks in advance!

1 Litre of Tears
Gokusen
Gokusen 2
Great Teacher Onizuka
Great Teacher Onizuka Drama Special
Kimi wa Petto
Kurosagi
Nodama Cantabile
Hana Yori Dango
Hana Yori Dango 2
Itazura na Kiss (watching right now)
Love Revolution
Most of the dramas you've listed I like also, so I would suggest Nobuta Wo Produce very very highly. It's a cute story, has lots of humor in it, and overall is just great. Let me know if you watch it and like it! :lol

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nobuta_wo_Produce

Im pretty new at doramas, sorry I can't recommend more, but I think you'll like NWP!

sorairo

Post by sorairo » Apr 14th, '07, 22:54

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm downloading Nobuta Wo Produce right now. =)

phuongha

Post by phuongha » Apr 15th, '07, 13:51

I'm looking for a drama that involves two chilhood friends between a guy and a girl (just like H2). Yeah, so a short light Romance/Comedy :)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 15th, '07, 16:13

phuongha wrote:I'm looking for a drama that involves two chilhood friends between a guy and a girl (just like H2). Yeah, so a short light Romance/Comedy :)
Romantic comedy b/w childhood friends?
Yeesh, that's pretty specific...
All I can think of at the moment is Itsumo Futari De...

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Apr 16th, '07, 06:01

Okay... I have been in a mood to laugh!

I LOVE My Boss My Hero and I thought that was just the funniest JComedy that I have ever seen besides Densha Otoko.

Can anyone recommend some really good, gut busting funny comedies? (BTW I hate Nodame Cantible... too silly and cartoonish for my liking... but I am open to trying anything) :D

Magicus

Post by Magicus » Apr 16th, '07, 21:17

mizune wrote:
phuongha wrote:I'm looking for a drama that involves two chilhood friends between a guy and a girl (just like H2). Yeah, so a short light Romance/Comedy :)
Romantic comedy b/w childhood friends?
Yeesh, that's pretty specific...
All I can think of at the moment is Itsumo Futari De...
It's funny because I saw you posting in the torrent comments of what he / she is exactly describing : Kanojo to no Tadashii Asobikata. I downloaded it on a whim because you along with a few people reccommended it and honestly it's for me the most entertaining drama to come out since Nodame Cantabile :lol

It's definately short considering its a 45 minute drama special, I think the length was it's only problem :scratch:

13th_hr

dramas like nobuta wo produce

Post by 13th_hr » Apr 19th, '07, 09:36

Hey, I'm looking for dramas that are like nobuta wo produce.
Mainly comedy types. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! :-)

stefan

i've been gone for a while.. HELP! - recommend NEW series!

Post by stefan » Apr 21st, '07, 05:37

so... i got busy with school in the fall and then moved and now everything is pretty much calming down, HOWEVER..

I HAVENT KEPT UP TO DATE WITH MY JDRAMA! :x :glare: :x :glare: :-( :x :-( :-( :-( :-(

im looking for recommendations for series that have completed subs from fall & winter and maybe some good spring ones that are being subbed or will be subbed?

thanks a lot guys!

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Apr 21st, '07, 06:25

Let see...
from Fall 2006, Nodame Cantabile is a must. I think no matter what your usual genre in Jdrama is, you'd end up liking Nodame Cantabile.
Then, you might want to watch Kazoku (family), Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (love story), or sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu (hmmm...I don't know what genre it is exactly). 14 sai no Haha is supposed to be good too, depend on what you expect.

Winter 2007.
If you watch Hana Yori Dango 1, then you might want to watch Hana yori Dango 2. Then there are some kind of 'serious' one like Karei naru Ichizoku (Takuya Kimura guarantee a good movie for me), Tokyo Tower and Haikei Chichiue-sama, For a little of the light side, maybe Himitsu no Hanazono.

This spring 2007.
The highest viewership rate for the first episode is Joudan Ja nai, I think, but as far as I know it...no fansub group had taken it. And then there's the Getsuku, Proposal Daisakusen. Liar game is very intriguing for me. Bambino have a good storyline so far. And for the lighter series, I'd take Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go and Hanayome to Papa or Seito Shokun.

You better consult drama wiki to see the storyline though, coz I'm not sure we have the same taste in jdrama. But really, Nodame Cantabile..a must.
:lol

stefan

Post by stefan » Apr 21st, '07, 06:36

non-angelical wrote:Let see...
from Fall 2006, Nodame Cantabile is a must. I think no matter what your usual genre in Jdrama is, you'd end up liking Nodame Cantabile.
Then, you might want to watch Kazoku (family), Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (love story), or sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu (hmmm...I don't know what genre it is exactly). 14 sai no Haha is supposed to be good too, depend on what you expect.

Winter 2007.
If you watch Hana Yori Dango 1, then you might want to watch Hana yori Dango 2. Then there are some kind of 'serious' one like Karei naru Ichizoku (Takuya Kimura guarantee a good movie for me), Tokyo Tower and Haikei Chichiue-sama, For a little of the light side, maybe Himitsu no Hanazono.

This spring 2007.
The highest viewership rate for the first episode is Joudan Ja nai, I think, but as far as I know it...no fansub group had taken it. And then there's the Getsuku, Proposal Daisakusen. Liar game is very intriguing for me. Bambino have a good storyline so far. And for the lighter series, I'd take Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go and Hanayome to Papa or Seito Shokun.

You better consult drama wiki to see the storyline though, coz I'm not sure we have the same taste in jdrama. But really, Nodame Cantabile..a must.
:lol
thank you! i do remember i started to download: nodame & tatta & kazoku.

i'll be checking out the others for sure :)

btw i pretty much love all, but romantic comedy & love/romance are my fav.

jin's Butterfly

Post by jin's Butterfly » Apr 21st, '07, 15:45

Tatta Hitotsu no Koi ..

viperx116

Post by viperx116 » Apr 22nd, '07, 02:37

Can I get some recommendations on comedy or just feel good shows. I really liked:
Lunch Queen
Strawberry on a shortcake
Nobuta Wo Produce

groink

Post by groink » Apr 22nd, '07, 02:51

viperx116 wrote:Can I get some recommendations on comedy or just feel good shows. I really liked:
Lunch Queen
Strawberry on a shortcake
Nobuta Wo Produce
A really good "feel good" drama is Shiawase ni Naritai.

--- groink

alvinlee

Post by alvinlee » Apr 22nd, '07, 03:21

Hey, I'm looking for dramas like Nodame Cantabile. It's first and only J-drama I've ever watched and I
it was simply amazing.

So I guess the genre I'm looking for is romantic comedies.

albertjlee

Post by albertjlee » Apr 22nd, '07, 10:13

alvinlee wrote:Hey, I'm looking for dramas like Nodame Cantabile. It's first and only J-drama I've ever watched and I
it was simply amazing.

So I guess the genre I'm looking for is romantic comedies.
hana yori dango... season 2 is dumb, but i guess if you want more substance, its all gravy.
Okay... I have been in a mood to laugh!

I LOVE My Boss My Hero and I thought that was just the funniest JComedy that I have ever seen besides Densha Otoko.

Can anyone recommend some really good, gut busting funny comedies? (BTW I hate Nodame Cantible... too silly and cartoonish for my liking... but I am open to trying anything)
check out Tiger and Dragon, same main character

Anyone know any good gangster/yakuza comedies? besides forementioned?

japysia

Post by japysia » Apr 22nd, '07, 10:52

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:Okay... I have been in a mood to laugh!

Can anyone recommend some really good, gut busting funny comedies? (BTW I hate Nodame Cantible... too silly and cartoonish for my liking... but I am open to trying anything) :D
I'd recommend:

Satorare - A young, good-hearted doctor Kenichi (Joe) suffers from a rare syndrome whereby his feelings cannot be hidden => such people are known as "satorare" and their well-being come under special government protection.As all the young doctor's thoughts/feelings are always heard by hospital colleagues, this creates much inconvenience to them and they try to drive him away. In steps a beautiful female doctor (Mayu) who tries to shield him from the cruel reality of his uniqueness. Naturally, they end up falling for each other.Great story concept. Look out for those hilarious moments when Satorare's personal thoughts create mayhem in the hospital.

Mukodono(My Husband) -Nagase Tomoya is a famous pop star with two secrets: He's been keeping the existence of his serious relationship from his fans; and if that wasn't bad enough, he's not nearly as cool as his image makes him out to be. To make life more difficult he has to deal with problems at home: a father who doesn't want him to marry his daughter and family members who might leak his secret.

Antique -Tachibana, the owner of a confectionery that likes hot-spicy food more than cakes; Ono, the superb party chef that has a mysterious aura, and Eiji, the ex-boxer who loves cakes that now works at Antique. This is a refreshing, yet heartfelt comedy about the 3 very unique personalities (more than that, all 3 are good looking!), that work until the wee hours of the night at a small confectionery called "Antique." The story follows the romance, family life and friendship that these 3 men from different generations experience.

zenitse

Post by zenitse » Apr 22nd, '07, 16:26

I am looking for some darker drama, with some suspense. I have seen byakuyakou, sora kara furu ichioku no hoshi, nemureru mori ... are there any similar ones? Thanks.

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Apr 22nd, '07, 16:34

hmmm....try silent forest and ikebukuro west gate park.
That's all I could think of now, maybe I'll tell you later when I found one.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Apr 22nd, '07, 16:39

Guys, i want to ask your opion about Beautiful Life. I found it and saw that it has very high rating. and story is pretty good, so what do you guys think about it. worth watching?

japysia

Post by japysia » Apr 22nd, '07, 23:05

gummonster wrote:Guys, i want to ask your opion about Beautiful Life. I found it and saw that it has very high rating. and story is pretty good, so what do you guys think about it. worth watching?
Yes, it is worth wacthing.One of the greatest love stories I've ever seen.Beautiful Life holds the record for most awards won from The Television Drama Academy Awards.
zenitse wrote:I am looking for some darker drama, with some suspense. I have seen byakuyakou, sora kara furu ichioku no hoshi, nemureru mori ... are there any similar ones? Thanks.
Unfair
Rondo
Joou no Kyoushitsu
Suna no Utsuwa
Midnight Rain
Taiyou no Kisetsu
Yasha
IWGP
Keizoku
Mahiru no Tsuki

albertjlee

Post by albertjlee » Apr 23rd, '07, 01:55

Can someone please recommened some gangster/yakuza comedies?

i've seen tiger+dragon, my boss my hero, gokusen 1+2, any others worth watching?

zenitse

Post by zenitse » Apr 23rd, '07, 08:37

I have seen IWGP, forgot to write this. But I haven't seen the others, so thanks for recommendations :)

japysia

Post by japysia » Apr 23rd, '07, 10:49

albertjlee wrote:Can someone please recommened some gangster/yakuza comedies?

i've seen tiger+dragon, my boss my hero, gokusen 1+2, any others worth watching?
Comedy dramas
Kisarazu Cat's Eye, Elite Yankee Saburo

Serious dramas
Yankee Bokou ni Kaeru,Ikebukuro West Gate Park, Sarariman Kintaro Series

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Apr 23rd, '07, 12:49

Thank you albertjlee for your suggestion! Funny thing is that I just started watching Tiger and Dragon!!! I have only seen the first episode and it is okay so far. I will see if it builds for me! Thank you!

And thank you to japysia! I will definitely check out those comedy/dramas. Just a lot going on in my life and I would like to "escape" with something that nakes me laugh!

Thank you for all suggestions!!! :mrgreen:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 23rd, '07, 13:39

my suggestions: (i watched it accordingly and the bold ones are the ones i liked best)

hana yori dango 1 & 2 - if you appreciate love in the most wierd circumstances, then you would definitely like this one.

gokusen 1 & 2 - if you like watching a girl punching a guy out of his wits then learning some real life lessons from a teacher, this is for you.

lunch queen - if you are looking for food to make and how to REALLY appreciate it, watch this.

kimi wa petto - if you are confused with your self and about a relationship, learn a thing or two with this drama. this is definitely for you.

my little chef - if you want a meaning to all the food you make, go see this.

nobuta wo produce - this was the latest thing i saw in JDORAMA, i know its a bit late, but i really really recommend this one. the actors may not look THAT good at first, but its the story that counts. it made me cry, coz it really touched my heart and how the story went on... its about loyalty, truthfulness and friendship. the friendship part was really the best. i'd be watching this again if i didn't have to review for my boards. sigh! soOooo... just go and watch this!!!!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Apr 23rd, '07, 15:36

zenitse wrote:I am looking for some darker drama, with some suspense. I have seen byakuyakou, sora kara furu ichioku no hoshi, nemureru mori ... are there any similar ones? Thanks.
japysia already mentioned Unfair, which I also liked quite a bit (just shy of great, but Shinohara Ryoko is just an amazing actress.
In the current season, Watashitachi no Kyokasho is a good choice. So far, I'm liking it far more than I expected to. Kanno Miho is just amazing in her role. Itoh Atsushi (Densha guy) is a bit weak compared to her but does a fine job.

zenitse

Post by zenitse » Apr 24th, '07, 13:44

auroragb wrote:
japysia already mentioned Unfair, which I also liked quite a bit (just shy of great, but Shinohara Ryoko is just an amazing actress.
In the current season, Watashitachi no Kyokasho is a good choice. So far, I'm liking it far more than I expected to. Kanno Miho is just amazing in her role. Itoh Atsushi (Densha guy) is a bit weak compared to her but does a fine job.
I was just thinking about getting Watashitachi no Kyoukasho. Thanks :)

nanafarhanna

Post by nanafarhanna » Apr 25th, '07, 10:48

i've seen a lot of dramas..

but most of them, i watched it because of the actors.. :D

gokusen 2-comedy
sapuri-career, love with younger men, older women
anego-same with anego
my husband-comedy n family
my boss my hero-school life, comedy..i luv this one~!!
nobuta wo produce-school life, comedy

i like comedies, but sapuri and anego are not comedies..i mean, not comedy-based dramas..

more dramas on list... wish i have more time to watch...*sigh..

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Apr 25th, '07, 21:53

nanafarhanna
i love your signature , the ones with Kame , he is so freakin cute

nanafarhanna

Post by nanafarhanna » Apr 26th, '07, 01:16

gummonster wrote:nanafarhanna
:D thanxx..

i love it too... he's sooo cute~~ kawaiiiii ne?

currently addicted to Cartoon Kat-tun, the tv show that they're hosting...

cant wait to watch other dramas with kame in it...~ :wub:

BlueMidnightBaroque

A J-Drama I Want To Reccomend

Post by BlueMidnightBaroque » Apr 26th, '07, 01:57

:D I Wish To Reccomend "THE VAMPIRE GIGOLO or VAMPIRE GIGOLO, or VAMPIRE HOST." Its A 2004 J-DRAMA/COMEDY/ROMANCE/THRILLER/HORROR?
And The Vampire Guy Looks So Much Like GACKT!

I Have Watched The First TWO Episodes In CrunchyRoll.com
It Was Awesome, And There Are ALot Of HIgh Ratings On It.

You Can Get More Info Here:
http://asiandramaresource2.blogspot.com ... -host.html

Can Sum2 Plz Sub It And Maybe I Can Help Co-Sub Or Sumthing.
These 2 Episodes Were Very Intriguing To Watch, And Maybe The Lead VAMPIRE DUDE HOOKS UP WITH THE LEAD ACTRESS!^.^choo^.^...

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Apr 26th, '07, 05:22

nanafarhanna wrote:

Me too. can't wait for another Kame drama. They have a show Cartoon kat-tun? i saw some on Youtube. so it's a show they're hosting? cool.

nanafarhanna

Post by nanafarhanna » Apr 26th, '07, 05:40

gummonster wrote:
nanafarhanna wrote:

Me too. can't wait for another Kame drama. They have a show Cartoon kat-tun? i saw some on Youtube. so it's a show they're hosting? cool.
yup..there is...

if u want to download it, there are people who uploaded it on Kamenashi Kazuya's thread.. they have 3 episodes with english subtitle... but the files are pretty large..but then the resolution is great..

i've watched the first one.. it really is cool~

cant wait to see jin in it..~

KawaiiD

Post by KawaiiD » Apr 26th, '07, 11:29

omg! dragon zakura was so good =D sugoi

aimztan

jdrama

Post by aimztan » Apr 26th, '07, 12:19

hmm...
well i've only seen a few but personally this is my list...

It's in no particular order just what i think is ok ...

Gokusen 1 & 2- school drama
Himitsu no Hanazono- its about a woman working as an editor who gets assigned to a Ms. Hanazono, a 'female' manga artist who turns out to be four brothers
Nobuta wo Produce-- hahaha! Yamapi and Kame looked adorable here its a light to moderate drama about school life and trying to fit in
Hana Yori Dango-- well, uts the adaptation of the manga...a lot of good looking guys here
GTO--duh?
Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta (I've been married to hell)-- I'm not particularly sure of the Jap title-- its a comedy about a girl who marries into a family filled with tradition and because of misunderstandings between her and her mother-in-law she gets into all sorts of trouble
Attention Please-- it's about the struggles of a girl who wants to be a flight attendant, kinda funny
Brother Beat-- all about brotherly love and sometimes the family hate..
Vampire Host-- ehh? it seems interesting its about a real Vampire who works as a host and gets involved with a highschool chick..

Still airing but seems to have potential...
Proposal Daisuken-- about a guy who goes back in time to change the way he handled things wih the girl he loves..
Bambino--Jun Matsumoto as an Italian chef who enters a new restaurant to learn..
Liar Game-- A game wherein you are forced to lie..stars Matsuda Shota
Hotelier

MitsukaiKuroi

Re: A J-Drama I Want To Reccomend

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Apr 26th, '07, 18:34

BlueMidnightBaroque wrote::D I Wish To Reccomend "THE VAMPIRE GIGOLO or VAMPIRE GIGOLO, or VAMPIRE HOST." Its A 2004 J-DRAMA/COMEDY/ROMANCE/THRILLER/HORROR? <snip>

You Can Get More Info Here:
http://asiandramaresource2.blogspot.com ... -host.html

Can Sum2 Plz Sub It And Maybe I Can Help Co-Sub Or Sumthing.
These 2 Episodes Were Very Intriguing To Watch, And Maybe The Lead VAMPIRE DUDE HOOKS UP WITH THE LEAD ACTRESS!^.^choo^.^...

This looks SO interesting!!! Thank you for the nod to it! I hope someone can sub this because it really does look cool! :mrgreen:

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Apr 27th, '07, 03:36

I just finished watching Kurosagi and It IS SO FREAKIN GOOD, ah man. so now i'm looking for a drama that is kinda like it.
ANY?

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Apr 28th, '07, 08:18

nya nya nya

are there any good new dramas out since winter?

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Apr 28th, '07, 08:38

newersumm wrote:nya nya nya

are there any good new dramas out since winter?
This season:
Watashtachi no Kyoukasho
Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go

Tha last season:
Karei-naru Ichizoku

The rest is average or worse. But that doesn't mean there are no enjoyable ones among them.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Apr 28th, '07, 19:01

Hey guys, i was just looking at DRAMAWIKI and saw a series called Hero, and the rating was like 34%, so high, so is it really good. Have anyone watched it?

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Apr 29th, '07, 02:00

I've been out of the loop for a while (since December) and am wondering if there's anything new worth getting into... so far the only thing on my plate is the Attention Please SP.
Seghal wrote: This season:
Watashtachi no Kyoukasho
Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go

Tha last season:
Karei-naru Ichizoku

The rest is average or worse. But that doesn't mean there are no enjoyable ones among them.
Hm... that's a bit disheartening, considering you're the one who recommended me some great stuff way back when. Is everything else really that dull?

japysia

Post by japysia » Apr 29th, '07, 07:28

gummonster wrote:Hey guys, i was just looking at DRAMAWIKI and saw a series called Hero, and the rating was like 34%, so high, so is it really good. Have anyone watched it?
I really enjoyed watching this drama but I'd not recommend it to you if you not a lawyer show fan.I'm typically not a lawyer show fan too but this one was pretty entertaining.

Latest News
Over 1,000 fans turned out at Pusan airport in South Korea yesterday to welcome SMAP heart throb Kimura Takuya (34). Though it's this third visit to Korea, he is in Pusan for the first time to film scenes for the movie adaptation of his mega-hit TV drama series "Hero". He held a press conference alongside co-star Lee Byung Hun (36, photo right), who is also hugely popular in Japan. "Hero" was the most successful drama series ever for Fuji TV. It achieved an phenomenal audience rating of over 30% for each of its 11 episodes in 2001, a feat probably only Kimutaku has enough appeal to pull off. A special episode was shown last summer and was again a big hit. Directed by Suzuki Masayuki, the movie is scheduled to open on September 8. The cast also includes the father and daughter combination of kabuki actor Matsumoto Koshiro (64) and actress Matsu Takako (29), as well as comedian Morita "Tamori" Kazuki (61).

Lucysweets

Post by Lucysweets » Apr 29th, '07, 08:09

Hero sounds interesting! A lawyer drama should be good. Anyway,I just started watching Hanayome to Papa, I love how comical it is, great for my stay at home mum, does any body have any more similar reccommendations? Thanks in Advance!

japysia

Post by japysia » Apr 29th, '07, 08:54

Lucysweets wrote:Hero sounds interesting! A lawyer drama should be good. Anyway,I just started watching Hanayome to Papa, I love how comical it is, great for my stay at home mum, does any body have any more similar reccommendations? Thanks in Advance!
I'd recommend:
-Otousan, Oyaji, Dare yori mo Mama wo Aisu, Yanpapa, Virgin Road, Hito ni Yasashiku, Hotman and At Home Dad.

Littleautumn

Post by Littleautumn » Apr 29th, '07, 13:41

Helloow, I've watched Nobuta wo Produce a few months ago. Since then, I've seen a bunche of other really good shows. But none of those hooked as mush as this serie did. So I was wondering if anyone could advise me a drama, which is created bu the same atmosphere... Well, something like that.

And otherwise, if you know any other school drama, that doesn't focus on the new teacher, taking care of a difficult class and all, but on the students themselves, I'll also be grateful^^

Ja, neeeeeee^^

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Apr 30th, '07, 00:42

Littleautumn wrote:Helloow, I've watched Nobuta wo Produce a few months ago. Since then, I've seen a bunche of other really good shows. But none of those hooked as mush as this serie did. So I was wondering if anyone could advise me a drama, which is created bu the same atmosphere... Well, something like that.

And otherwise, if you know any other school drama, that doesn't focus on the new teacher, taking care of a difficult class and all, but on the students themselves, I'll also be grateful^^

Ja, neeeeeee^^
How about MY BOSS MY HERO. i love it so much.

z0mbie

Post by z0mbie » Apr 30th, '07, 05:57

gummonster wrote: How about MY BOSS MY HERO. i love it so much.

hehehe, yes i'm watching it right now. love it :lol

my fave jdoramas (so far) are
- hana yori dango 1&2 :wub:
- GTO
- gokusen
- my boss, my hero

:-)

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Apr 30th, '07, 06:35

I might sound a bit biased because I am a Yamapii fan. But I really do love these dramas

Kurosagi - this is the drama that made me become Yamapi obsessed! He was sooo kakkoi and hotttt! The story is interesting. I know some people would say that it's him repeated swindling in every episode, but it's not just that, each episode has a different case and a new method he must use. I love the way he pulls it off.. really cool 8) ! The only thing that killed me was the ending, it was so opened ended... :unsure: . I really wish they gave it a proper ending or do a second season or SP or something!

Nobuta wo Produce - funn, light hearted, cute :lol ! I really liked this drama. I didn't like Pi's character at first but he really grew on me and I ended up loving all those Akira moves he did .. hands flapping & KON KON! :wub:

Hana Yori Dango - My first and one of my favorites! It's a classic story, kinda like Pride and Prejudice, rich snobbish boy falls for poor girl who changes him into a better person. Great story, great actors, great drama!

Hana Yori Dango 2 - the second season and another fav. Bigger and better, but maybe a bit too much angst.

Dragon Zakura - school drama, think Gokusen, but more boot campish. Pi was kakkoi :) !

Stand Up!! - not a kiddy drama! But I think it's funny :lol !

1 Litre of Tears - total tear jerker but good. I loved Ryo in here too!

Gokusen 1 & 2 - First season was good, second seemed like they kinda repeated it but good none the less.

Kimi wa Petto
Angeo
Attention Please
My Boss My Hero

Currently watching Proposal Daisakusen, but I'm sure I"m going to love it too so it's on my list :lol

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Apr 30th, '07, 14:29

Mwulf wrote:I've been out of the loop for a while (since December) and am wondering if there's anything new worth getting into... so far the only thing on my plate is the Attention Please SP.
Watashtachi no Kyoukasho
Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go

Tha last season:
Karei-naru Ichizoku

Hm... that's a bit disheartening, considering you're the one who recommended me some great stuff way back when. Is everything else really that dull?
I thought that Haken no Hinkaku was quite enjoyable, actually, I thought it was the best of the season. If you are not just into serious titles, it's worth a look. Basically, it's got all the elements of a comedy renzoku classic and it was well executed.

Karei was epic, but very old school. Also, if you liked HYD1, HYD2 was pretty good. Himitsu no Hanazono had an interesting premise, but it was dragging a bit towards the middle. Pretty much none of the others are memorable at all (watched them all :alcoholic:)

As for this season, Watashtachi no Kyoukasho is my fave so far. Most of the others are really just eye candy or big name combos and quite a few sequels (of dramas that weren't that great). I particularly disliked oniyome nikki 2. But, overall, I thought that spring 2007 is more watchable than spring 2006 was

floydian

Post by floydian » Apr 30th, '07, 16:14

Haken no Hinkaku is definitely my favourite show last season.

I liked Tokyo Tower too which seems to be pretty underrated. The story is fairly simple but there's plenty of touching moments where most people can relate to.

Himitsu no Hanazono has a promising start but it loses steam as the episodes continue. The revelation in the show was really disappointing.

My favourite show this season is also Watashtachi no Kyoukasho. Other than Oda Yuji and Odagiri Joe, there seems to be a lack of good male lead actors this season.

Deleted User 100869

Post by Deleted User 100869 » Apr 30th, '07, 22:47

~I just finished My Boss My Hero, and let me just say that laughing so hard at a drama is so refreshing! I was wondering if anyone could recommend some dramas that have a lighter tone to them, with lots of comedy? MBMH was the first drama tha tactually made me laugh so hard, and I've watched quite a few.
These are the ones I can remember: (or that I've watched recently)
Kimi Wa petto
Gokusen
HYD 1 and 2
NWP
Kurosagi
Stand Up!! <-- this made me laugh a little also

I'm just in the mood to start watching a really funny drama. Suggestions are appreciated :-) Arigatou~

Lucysweets

Post by Lucysweets » May 1st, '07, 02:19

japysia wrote:
Lucysweets wrote:Hero sounds interesting! A lawyer drama should be good. Anyway,I just started watching Hanayome to Papa, I love how comical it is, great for my stay at home mum, does any body have any more similar reccommendations? Thanks in Advance!
I'd recommend:
-Otousan, Oyaji, Dare yori mo Mama wo Aisu, Yanpapa, Virgin Road, Hito ni Yasashiku, Hotman and At Home Dad.
Thanks!

I am watching Kuitan now, kinda funny, any more food dramas that are comical?I know about Bambino..

Anyway, yes do watch My Boss My Hero! I love all the facial expressions! :wub:

Seghal

Post by Seghal » May 1st, '07, 14:15

auroragb wrote:
Mwulf wrote:I've been out of the loop for a while (since December) and am wondering if there's anything new worth getting into... so far the only thing on my plate is the Attention Please SP.
Watashtachi no Kyoukasho
Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go

Tha last season:
Karei-naru Ichizoku

I thought that Haken no Hinkaku was quite enjoyable, actually, I thought it was the best of the season. If you are not just into serious titles, it's worth a look. Basically, it's got all the elements of a comedy renzoku classic and it was well executed.
Oops, forgot to mention that one. :doh:

nuttybuddy

Post by nuttybuddy » May 2nd, '07, 06:15

Tiger & Dragon is a fine way to follow MBMH, more Nagase goodness for you!
FYI the Special is the premiere - I accidentally watched it out of order a bit....

garasaki619

Post by garasaki619 » May 3rd, '07, 12:36

HANA YORI DANGO !

shahenur

Post by shahenur » May 3rd, '07, 17:08

Hey everyone i was hoping you guys can give me a couple recommendations to j-dramas.
Criteria:
- Romance, would prefer with comedy but not a real need
- 2004 and newer is a must i don't know why but i cant watch old stuff if you can call that old
- NO HEALTH ISSUES DRAMA - man i am tired of crying and being depressed for days after watching
shows like taiyu no uta and 1 litre of tears and Sekai no Chuushin de man its killing me.

Similar to:
- some shows that i watched and are similar to what i'd like are Moto kare, Suppli, HYD, Slow Dance,
Anego, Tatta Hitotsu No Koi, Tokyo Friends, boku dake no madonna, densha otoko,

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 3rd, '07, 18:03

shahenur wrote:Hey everyone i was hoping you guys can give me a couple recommendations to j-dramas.
Criteria:
- 2004 and newer is a must i don't know why but i cant watch old stuff if you can call that old
- NO HEALTH ISSUES DRAMA - man i am tired of crying and being depressed for days after watching
shows like taiyu no uta and 1 litre of tears and Sekai no Chuushin de man its killing me.

Similar to:
- some shows that i watched and are similar to what i'd like are Moto kare, Suppli, HYD, Slow Dance,

Nodame Cantabile and Haken no Hinkaku are a couple of easy recommends that come to mind. romantic comedies is a popular genre in j-dramas

shahenur

Post by shahenur » May 3rd, '07, 18:13

auroragb wrote:
shahenur wrote:Hey everyone i was hoping you guys can give me a couple recommendations to j-dramas.
Criteria:

Similar to:

Nodame Cantabile and Haken no Hinkaku are a couple of easy recommends that come to mind. romantic comedies is a popular genre in j-dramas
I cant seem to find the subs for haken no hinkaku i found the raws on the site tho

floydian

Post by floydian » May 3rd, '07, 18:55

Criteria:

Similar to:

Kekkon Dekinai Otoko would fit the bill. It's one of the most enjoyable shows in recent years.

Even though it's a 2001 show, Mukodono! (The first series) is pretty good too. You should give it a try as well.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 3rd, '07, 19:19

shahenur wrote:
auroragb wrote:
Criteria:

Similar to:

I cant seem to find the subs for haken no hinkaku i found the raws on the site tho
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_44405.htm
they're up to ep 5. If you can read chinese, c-sub links can be found in the links in my sig

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 3rd, '07, 20:21

Could someone please suggest some jdoramas smiliar to "Kou Kou Kyoushi" and "Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi"
I have downloaed "Seija no Koushin" but haven't watched it yet.

Brittany7890

student teacher relationship

Post by Brittany7890 » May 7th, '07, 00:15

Can anyone tell me any good student teacher relationship asian drama i can watch please?