Summer, Autumn, Winter which is the worst?

Discuss Korean drama series here.

Which was the crappiest?

Summer Scent
35%
Autumn Tale
7%
Winter Sonata
18%
None of them sucked
22%
All of them sucked
18%

Total votes: 153

nikeg

Summer, Autumn, Winter which is the worst?

Post by nikeg » May 9th, '05, 01:55

I have always wondered wut ppl thought b/c i know a lot of ppl hated summer scent (although i kinda liked it), but i severely hated winter sonata

VangBoy313

Post by VangBoy313 » May 9th, '05, 02:02

I have always wondered wut ppl thought b/c i know a lot of ppl hated summer scent (although i kinda liked it), but i severely hated winter sonata
i think that all of them sucked in their own ways.

po-e

Post by po-e » May 9th, '05, 03:06

I haven't watched Summer Scent, and have no intention to, as Winter Sonata and Autumn Tale really turned me off. They kept dragging on what could have been finished with just, say, 12 episodes. IMO.

starlitedr3amer

Post by starlitedr3amer » May 9th, '05, 03:15

summer scent sucked the most. although i must say that all three were filled with cliche after cliche -_-;;; krn directors need a new formula for making dramas - -;;;;

Gummi Bear

Post by Gummi Bear » May 9th, '05, 03:26

Summer Scent was the worst, the story line never took off, it went down hill from the first episode! Winter Sonata was the best :tv:

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » May 9th, '05, 05:46

Well, people keep saying that Summer Scent suck but it's one of my favorite dramas of all time. Autumn tale is full of tears and I haven't watched it.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » May 9th, '05, 06:12

no worries mangosteen i actually think summer scent was slight the best... although its definitely one of my fav all time... out of the three i liked it the best... autumn tale was ok... but as hot as SHK is... she sucks at acting... and the ending was just too stupid for me... even worst than summer scent... winter sonata is the worst tho... b/c i dont even want to finish it... it was that crappy too me

jixi

Post by jixi » Aug 10th, '05, 08:46

che :glare: i voted all of them sucked, duh, summer scent(plot good but actual drama sucked, winter sonata and autumn tale sucked b'cuz it sucked, they're both so sad! autumn tale sucked so much, only the part when they were kids was good, the rest- a drag, winter sonata i didn't even try to watch after hearing the summing up of it :| _+)

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Aug 10th, '05, 10:40

I liked Summer Scent and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one here :lol even the ending was ok hmm I was actually really glad that it ended this way :-)
I voted Winter Sonata since it's the only k-drama I haven't finished watching. the first ep wasn't interesting at all and I couldn't stop thinking that all this school girls look like they were 30 :P

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Aug 10th, '05, 11:00

i like Summer Scent as well, maybe coz i'm a person that likes good scenery, and i didn't find the storyline too bad (but then again this was the first drama i watched) I hated Winter Sonata though since i struggled to watch the middle episodes (particularly though 7-9), since i really didn't like the storyline at all, and it took me a while to ever get past these episodes, before i ended up finishing this.

JoSungMo

Post by JoSungMo » Aug 10th, '05, 12:41

그래, summer scent was a 똥 compare to other 투.

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Aug 15th, '05, 04:53

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.

jinx23

Post by jinx23 » Aug 15th, '05, 08:18

I thought Winter sonata was really good, Autumn was not bad and Summer scent, well I never really bothered finishing it!

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 15th, '05, 09:51

Gotta go with summer scent. At least Autumn Tale had some finer moments. Gotta love some of those romantic scenes in the fields... And at least Winter Sonata had great music and scenary :D

TruCalling

Post by TruCalling » Mar 14th, '06, 08:29

I have already watched all of them because they were showed here in the Philippines. Autumn Fairytale and Winter Sonata was shown three times already and Summer Scent twice because people here really love the Endless Love series. For me personally I really didn't like Autumn tale because it was so sad.

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Mar 14th, '06, 14:13

Autumn tale was pretty good but has a stupid ending. Winter Sonata, a crap production. :glare: I fell asleep while watching with my sister. Summer scent, I never finished watching the drama series. As for the on-going Spring Waltz, didn't even bother to download after reading the synopsis. :whistling:

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » May 27th, '06, 03:19

kodoko wrote:Autumn tale was pretty good but has a stupid ending. Winter Sonata, a crap production. :glare: I fell asleep while watching with my sister. Summer scent, I never finished watching the drama series. As for the on-going Spring Waltz, didn't even bother to download after reading the synopsis. :whistling:

I gotta agree with some of what you said here. Autumn Tale did have a crappy ending, its liket...what?! it was nice though, i was rooting for Tae-Hyuk from beginning to end and never Joon-suh..but then thats me! :-) and also winter sonata..sucked so BADLY ugh, i never bothered to finish after a few episodes into it :glare: and summer scent i have never seen, nor do i intend too. next i'll be starting Spring waltz and hopefully it'll be "semi" good so i wont waste my time.... 8)

Am i addicted to asian dramas? You could say that....

itzjustfranciz

Post by itzjustfranciz » May 27th, '06, 03:24

summer scent suck well at the end yeah.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » May 27th, '06, 03:27

Summer Scent~

it dragged...........and I skimmed...........and then I altogether quit watching it after the first 5 episodes.

Jyangel

Post by Jyangel » Aug 5th, '06, 19:10

Well i vote for all these suck sorry but i like season 4 better Spring Waltz

Happygirl

Post by Happygirl » Aug 5th, '06, 23:00

I would say Summer Scent. Excellent cast but it was all ruined by a crappy story. I can't stand those heart beating sounds. I just crapped up laughing everytime they play it.

stinger54

Post by stinger54 » Aug 6th, '06, 16:13

I liked Summer Scent..............I was dissapointed with the ending though.......the other two are okay but I'd say that Summer Scent is the better.just my opinion.......

Pnoy11

Post by Pnoy11 » Aug 6th, '06, 16:18

I gave up on Autumn Tale when I got up to episode 10. When I decided to give it a second chance, I found it not to be that bad of a drama (although the way how Joon Suh died in the end was pretty cheesy)! I kind of chuckled when all of a sudden u see Joon Suh's body flying in the air.

autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves » Aug 9th, '06, 22:45

Summer Scent was the worse. I see no chemistry between Son Ye Jin and Song Seung Hun. Boring and stupid storyline. :whistling:

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Sep 6th, '06, 15:11

SUMMER SCENT WAS SO CRAP!!!!! i loved winter sonota and endless love made me cry

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Sep 7th, '06, 00:03

Summer scent was craptacular.

Winter Sonata comes to a close second. I'm on EP 19 and I can't compell myself to finish it. It should have just ended at EP 15 when
Kang Jung Sang got his memory back
. But no....They had to do this weird angle with
Them being related
There are so many subplots left dangling it makes you wonder if the director even cares about where the series is going.

Autumn tale was the most bareable to watch. Except for the whole incest mentality of it.

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Sep 8th, '06, 09:20

shiny plastic wrote:Summer scent was craptacular.

Winter Sonata comes to a close second. I'm on EP 19 and I can't compell myself to finish it. It should have just ended at EP 15 when
Kang Jung Sang got his memory back
. But no....They had to do this weird angle with
Them being related
There are so many subplots left dangling it makes you wonder if the director even cares about where the series is going.

Autumn tale was the most bareable to watch. Except for the whole incest mentality of it.
I LOVED WINTER SONOTA!! lol i watched it like 3 times and neva got bored =)

rabbit0900

Post by rabbit0900 » Sep 8th, '06, 09:45

I must say I liked the story of Summer Scent. But I took me ages before I finished Winter Sontate. It dragged and should have finished way earlier. 20 epsiodes for this was way to much.

I particulier liked Spring Waltz the last of the season stories.

daisylya

Post by daisylya » Dec 1st, '06, 15:09

winter sonata-worst
autumn in my heart-more worst
summer scent-worst forever

mist1105

Post by mist1105 » Dec 6th, '06, 04:36

i disliked autumns tale.. and it was my first season kdrama. So I kind of refused to watch the others. when I say disliked, i mean seriously hated lol. the whole incest thing really turns me off. =/

gabbypalacios

Post by gabbypalacios » Jan 1st, '07, 05:14

I watched Winter Sonata, then Autumn in my Heart, then Spring Waltz, and i have yet to watch Summer Scent (dont plan on it). Winter Sonata sucked really bad. But then i was a little biased since i saw Stairway to Heaven first. Autumn in my Heart was good but the ending was crappy. Ugh. Seriously i was like whaaaat? I thought Spring Waltz was sort of boring so i never finished it. I stopped at episode 12...i think.

Pinky_GiRL

Post by Pinky_GiRL » Jan 2nd, '07, 05:50

i watch Summer Scent, Winter Sonata but i perfer to watch Summer Scent more than.
umm in Autumn i think so its sad story.

Jiiyoung

Post by Jiiyoung » Jan 3rd, '07, 04:46

For me, I'm afraid Autumn Tale will always be in my favorites, if not my favorite one. It was only my 2nd drama, and I think I was only like 7 or 8. -___-;;;
Let's see.. I think Summer Scent was enjoyable, but not the best. Spring Waltz was a bit eh for me, but it was original kind of.

I think SHK's acting wasn't that great in Autumn Tale though. Still good. ^___^

badgirl

Post by badgirl » Jan 3rd, '07, 04:53

I think Summer Scent is not that bad, I think Winter Sonata is the worst. Autumn tale is the best tho

kliquey

Post by kliquey » Apr 20th, '07, 02:53

I couldn't watch Winter Sonata at all. Maybe its because I saw it last out of the 3. Autum was best, Summer wasn't that bad, but Winter, i couldn't even finish it! Spring Waltz was ok, but..meh..

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Apr 20th, '07, 03:09

Watching an Autumn Tale was pure torture. They kept on crying and crying....god, it was so pathetic. I knew what was gonna happen, so predictable.I found it somewhat grossed that she feel in love with her non-blood related brother. Personally, just because he is not blood related brother he still is your older brother. I mean they lived together for 12 years as brother and sister. The thought just makes me sick.

I like spring waltz, not my favorite, but I found it enjoyable. I hated Daniel Henney and that other girl, so unrealistic, loved the OST.

Winter Sonata, I just can't finish it. It's so dull and predictable.

Summer scent, never started it and never will. Looks stupid and I don't even find the guy appealing.

tisa

Post by tisa » Apr 20th, '07, 03:21

I started watching Autumn Tale but stoped somewhere in the middle. I'm not even planning to watch Winter Sonata or Summer Scent.
The only one i liked was Spring Waltz and i even watched it twice.

beertax

Post by beertax » Apr 20th, '07, 06:12

they were all different variations of the same sappy crap. But I did like Summer Scent when i was young and naive. But Winter Sonata is the worst.

ichirin

Post by ichirin » Apr 21st, '07, 23:51

I think summer scent is the worst and autumn in my heart is the best

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » May 31st, '07, 05:26

I like Summer Scent than all the other. Autumn Tale comes in second. I don't like Winter Sonata.

kimmy12

Post by kimmy12 » Jun 19th, '07, 12:26

well, i like the three of it..it is so touching,i think!

JlovesVan

summer scent

Post by JlovesVan » Sep 4th, '07, 20:54

I really like summer scent, I am watching it now and really am enjoying it. Hated autumn...

steviecheesecake

Post by steviecheesecake » Sep 20th, '07, 12:10

Well, I just started watching Winter Sonata. I'm almost finished with EP4, and so far I like it. Though production value is that of a soap opera, but I still have been enjoying it. You can almost tell, however, where this is going to go. The other one I have to watch is Spring Waltz, which I will probably watch after this.

I've just gotten into the Korean dramas, and this is my first one. Looking forward to more in the future.

infundibuliform

Post by infundibuliform » Nov 29th, '08, 06:52

I loved Winter Sonata! I watched it with my aunt, who was a drama virgin at the time. Someone mentioned that it should have ended when
Joon-sang got his memory back
and I agree full-heartedly. I think if there hadn't have been that epilogue, I would have started cussing. haha

I just "finished" watching Autumn in My Heart with my mom and my aunt, and my aunt and I interchanged falling asleep. We'd wake up, asked what happened, and my mom would describe everything in one sentence, and that sentence really told you everything you wanted to know. haha I think we stopped around episode 5 or 6 and then jumped straight to 15. hahahaha There was more drama when they were kids.

iheartkleenex

Post by iheartkleenex » Dec 26th, '08, 04:16

For worst I don't know if I should chose between Summer Scent and Spring Waltz. I didn't like them.

Autumn Tale was a pain to watch for me because I kept crying, especially the ending.

I liked Winter Sonata the best. Maybe not the greatest story ever, but BYJ made it up for it. When he got the eyes illness thing I seriously though it was going to end with him dying. Thank god it didn't.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Dec 27th, '08, 04:21

I watched Autumn in My Heart, and i cried a lot, the ending was not good, that's suicide, you will go to hell. Anyway I watched it several times and several times I cried.

I watched Winter Sonata a bit but I was not able to finish it.

I watched Summer Scent a bit also.

I watched Spring Waltz, a have a copy of it, I really like the sound track but its too dragging.

whosjohnny

Post by whosjohnny » Jan 2nd, '09, 10:01

Summer Scent is the best, Son Ye Jin is beautiful and so is the scenary. I just don't like the drag out scenese and stupid jealous sister, hurts your intelligence as an audience. However, summer scent portrays the reality of heart transplant side effects, which reflects real world heart transplants. Because of its medical facts, beautiful actor/actress, beautiful scenary showcasing Korean national park, and the "fate" theme -- I voted best over Winter Sonata classic. Winter Sonata was great when it first come out because of the way it can hook you into watching the next episode but the essence / formula does not stand the test of time. But we must give Koreans credit for a job well job to begun their journey into dramas. With Alone in Love (mature 30's marriage life style, medical ER dramas, and Spotlight news reporting), Korean drama has matured to include other themes than cheesy teenage weepy romances. On its path to success, Korean one day will rival that of Japanese quality, short, straight to the point 12 episodes. However, Korean will forever be remember as one of the key innovators. Rather than bashing, we should give credits where they are due.

azntina

Post by azntina » Jan 6th, '09, 01:05

Summer Scent is the worst because the story is strange, boring, and draggy. It didn't make any sense to me. How can you possibly hear heartbeat in another person standing miles away? It's just too unbelievable. Spring Waltz is draggy and the story is repetitive of the other three. I think the first two, Winter Sonata and Autumn Tale, are the best korean dramas and the stories were so original and touching. These are probably the classic korean tearjerkers.

whosjohnny

summer scent is the best

Post by whosjohnny » Jan 6th, '09, 10:16

Why do you have such a hard time believing that you can hear heartbeat half a mile away? It's called sixth sense? Where documentary scientific fact that twins has ability to perceive injury and pain 10,000 miles away on the other side of the planet. Soviets have used ESP and psych wars for spy works. CIA uses Remote Viewing in the intelligence fields to perceive beyond our 3-dimensional world. Beyond the 3rd dimensions exists 4th (time) and 5th and higher dimensions. Just because you cannot fathom the current quantum physics of 10th dimensions in the Super String Theory taught at Harvard University and Standard University, that does not make them impossible. I hate it when ignorant people think they are the center of the universe and reality are based on what they can believe and cannot possibly believe.

Summer Scent aren't fantasy, many of the elements in the drama do exists and happen in real life. Google heart transplant side effects for starters.

There are things I don't like about Summer Scent but I do not find the story boring, I find them rather powerfully moving and interesting. What interest me the most for the first half of the drama is how fate plays a role in life -- reflecting our real life in which we live.

azntina

Re: summer scent is the best

Post by azntina » Jan 8th, '09, 04:05

whosjohnny wrote:Why do you have such a hard time believing that you can hear heartbeat half a mile away? It's called sixth sense? Where documentary scientific fact that twins has ability to perceive injury and pain 10,000 miles away on the other side of the planet. Soviets have used ESP and psych wars for spy works. CIA uses Remote Viewing in the intelligence fields to perceive beyond our 3-dimensional world. Beyond the 3rd dimensions exists 4th (time) and 5th and higher dimensions. Just because you cannot fathom the current quantum physics of 10th dimensions in the Super String Theory taught at Harvard University and Standard University, that does not make them impossible. I hate it when ignorant people think they are the center of the universe and reality are based on what they can believe and cannot possibly believe.

Summer Scent aren't fantasy, many of the elements in the drama do exists and happen in real life. Google heart transplant side effects for starters.

There are things I don't like about Summer Scent but I do not find the story boring, I find them rather powerfully moving and interesting. What interest me the most for the first half of the drama is how fate plays a role in life -- reflecting our real life in which we live.
I'll believe it when I can hear it. Until then, I'll consider far-fetched and unrealistic.

whosjohnny

Post by whosjohnny » Jan 8th, '09, 05:57

Me too, I'll believe the existence of continent Africa when I see it. I never set foot on it and don't believe the books or the photographs others have foretold. Like doubting Thomas, I will reach out my fingers and touch the soil of Africa or I won't believe it!

sannouna

Post by sannouna » Jan 22nd, '09, 15:52

what about spring waltz
for me it's the worst

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Apr 6th, '09, 20:49

lol, i think spring waltz is the best.
But.. i didn't watch summer scent yet
And to me.. winter sonata is real...crap ^^'