[Discussion] Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go (starring Tanaka Koki)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
TG3

[Discussion] Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go (starring Tanaka Koki)

Post by TG3 » Apr 4th, '07, 03:46

D-addicts wiki: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tokkyu_Tanaka_3_Go

Official site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/tokkyuu3/

Is anyone excited about this drama as I am? This has kind of a "Densha Otoko" feel to it. I've always heard about train otaku as a sub-genre of general otaku, but I think this will give us a more in-depth look. Also, when was the last time Kuriyama did a drama?

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Apr 13th, '07, 05:20

cant wait for this one!!! hope it gets subbed

oberon

Post by oberon » Apr 14th, '07, 08:21

I thought this drama would be a lot more popular (there's a Johnny in it, you know)
I also hope that it gets subbed

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Apr 14th, '07, 08:27

I watched the first episode and liked it a lot, so I've decided to do (soft)subs for it... I kinda wanted to do Watashitachi no Kyoukasho too, but it started off a little dark... I think I generally prefer my series lighthearted... :lol

Anyways, hopefully someone else will upload the RAW... 1 GB = forever on my connection.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 14th, '07, 10:04

I just saw the first episode too. Absolutely amazing. I didn't expect much from it, but I think this will be my favorite series this season :thumright:
The title of the first episode was an awesome line when he said it in the end.

It has Densha Otoko feel to it (happens to be train related too!), except less cheesy and more hilarious.
I hate Tanaka Kouki though... He's so ugly with fakey acting, and KAT-TUN's theme song this time is even worse than THnK. The supporting casts are great though.

I think it will be hard translating this series... Lots of Otaku Tetsu-talk :lol
GL quashlo :salut:

oberon

Post by oberon » Apr 14th, '07, 16:01

quashlo wrote:I watched the first episode and liked it a lot, so I've decided to do (soft)subs for it... I kinda wanted to do Watashitachi no Kyoukasho too, but it started off a little dark... I think I generally prefer my series lighthearted... :lol

Anyways, hopefully someone else will upload the RAW... 1 GB = forever on my connection.
thnx quashlo for subbing this!!
I also hope someone would post de raw version, so I can see it.
I hope Koki's acting is a lot better as MBMH and THK, but Kuriyama is in it so it's definitetly worth watching :roll
Is it btw true that koki's has a jacket on wich says Ajax and amsterdam, that's so cool!! (I'm from the Netherlands :D )

nad59

Post by nad59 » Apr 14th, '07, 16:33

OMG Thanks quashlo for wanting to sub this!

arabian

Post by arabian » Apr 14th, '07, 16:44

does th raw have been uploaded?

Robina

Post by Robina » Apr 14th, '07, 16:46

arabian wrote:does th raw have been uploaded?
Not yet! but can't wait to get my hand on it :D

EDIT:
Thank You quashlo for subbing this drama :cheers:

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 14th, '07, 17:31

i hope gryzze or someone can upload the Raw!

TG3

Post by TG3 » Apr 14th, '07, 18:05

yeah, does anyone know where I can find a raw of this?

nad59

Post by nad59 » Apr 14th, '07, 19:22

If you want the raw version of this drama go this clubbox: http://clubbox.co.kr/tokyoplastic They have all the latest japanese dramas uploaded. :D

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 14th, '07, 19:38

704x396 @ lakynius clubbox
http://clubbox.co.kr/lakyniu

Smaller filesize...

Dreamishgirl

Post by Dreamishgirl » Apr 14th, '07, 22:44

could someone upload RAW torrent here on d-addicts cos i dunno how clubbox works T_T

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Apr 15th, '07, 14:58

thanks quashlo for taking up this project!
really really looking forward to it.
and the one at lakyniu cb is 655 mb.
hope that's ok for you. :)

TG3

Post by TG3 » Apr 15th, '07, 15:36

Just saw the first ep. It was pretty good. I still don't get their fascination with trains, though (heh heh). I like the OP song. It's probably KAT TUN's best yet.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Apr 17th, '07, 22:02

Eh, any plans for soft/hard subs?

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Apr 18th, '07, 05:59

I'm glad Tanaka Koki's character in this drama is not the same as his in Tatta Hitotsu no Koi.
Rather his character has the similar characteristic of that from MBMH. Funny face, funny attitude :lol :lol

First ep was good.

Glad to see Kuriyama Chiaki back in action :mrgreen:

cassiopea

Post by cassiopea » Apr 20th, '07, 19:18

When I read the summary of this a while ago, I thought it sounded really interesting, but no one had expressed an interest in subbing it. So thanks so much, quashlo, for doing it.

MedallionEchelon

Post by MedallionEchelon » Apr 20th, '07, 22:37

After watching the first episode, I love this show. Now I have a series I can look forward to watching like I did Hana Yori Dango 2.

oshuwel

Post by oshuwel » Apr 25th, '07, 17:43

finally watched episode 1.. I must say I enjoyed it so much.

I find it weird at first to be amused with trains but , when Hanagata said things about the railroad connecting every stations in Japan, I was actually moved. LOL.

Chiaki's watch is soo cute.. hehe.

41nano

Post by 41nano » May 3rd, '07, 16:34

Definitely my fav of the season!
Tetsu love drama is a kind of "fresh" topic, I really love it!

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » May 4th, '07, 06:05

why isn't this drama more popular =( i watched the first ep and it was sooo hiliarious!! I love chiaki, wow she is an asian goddess<3 KoKi, funny as usual, love his face expressions. The whole thing about trains is really interesting and cracks me up. Tsukamoto Takashi looks great too =D

Looking forward to next episodes.

Aisling

Post by Aisling » May 18th, '07, 20:28

I´m in love with this drama!!!
Koki I´ts not only a funny guy...
I do believe he´s the best main character they could choose 4 a drama like this

it shoul be more popular coz the story is not just funny!!
I can´t denied the first tought that came to me when I knew Koki from *kat tun* was acting in this was to download ....

but even if you´re not kat tun fan you´ll have great time watching!

bcs 4 exe. I love Yamapi and bcs of that downloaded proposal daisakusen but didn´t like the drama at all ....

but I recommend this drama !! :thumright:
+ if anybody knows where to find the mp3 4 the opening song I will really appreciate info
thks!!

nfl0nza

Post by nfl0nza » May 19th, '07, 06:46

Eh? How are you guys dl'n/watching it?

doubledown11

Post by doubledown11 » May 19th, '07, 17:34

Ep 6 was probably the best so far. Not so much comedy wise, but excellent progression of the story with greater depth into the background of Momoyama Seiji's character.
Also get further evidence of how Koki (Ichiro) has a Forrest Gump effect. Even though he appears useless he's able to effect positive life-altering changes for his friends and those around him. You would never think he could grow into such an awesome protagonist.
Sexy Voice and Robo and ProDai have been great but Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go is clearly the best drama this season and one of the best to come around in a long time.
Some aspects to the show are over-the-top (eg Tetsu mania, Koki's character at first glance) but there is a lot of subtlety that will go over the heads of most casual Jdrama viewers. The writing in this drama is absolutely brilliant and the acting just as strong.
I am surprised it's flying so under the radar, but also glad it's being ignored by typical JE fangirls despite the Kat-tun connection.

This series will go down with Kitsurazu Cat's Eye, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko and Tiger & Dragon as one of the best Jdrama comedies EVER.

dude_wit_gun

Post by dude_wit_gun » May 28th, '07, 15:07

the opening song can be found here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BW19F706 i didnt rip it, i just found it off another site its a PV rip so when the single gets released it could sound slightly different or maybe not. with that said i thought i would chime in how awesome this drama is im kinda shocked it isnt the top of this season oh well. :thumright:

momotsuki

I've been blogging this on my lj

Post by momotsuki » Jun 8th, '07, 16:31

http://anime-heart.livejournal.com/

with screencaps and so on. All the drama-related posts are public.

I'm really enjoying this drama! Koki's very funny but the whole thing's actually pretty subtle. I was surprised.

doubledown11

Ep 10

Post by doubledown11 » Jun 8th, '07, 16:36

Just finished watching episode 9 in my hotel room in East Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Japan.
Looked a little weird b/c it was a regular feed on a crappy TV as opposed to the HD versions I've been downloading up till now.
Even with those constraints, this ep kicked major oshiri.
I wonder if there'll be a bump in ratings due to the cameo by Kamenashi Kazuya and the fact that "Yorokobi no Uta" is being promo'd BIG TIME.
It's unfortunate this show has such a crappy timeslot (10 pm on a Friday), but there's no way a show this good should have such dismal ratings.

Tanaka Koki continues to provide evidence he's the best actor out of all Kat-Tun. Which isn't really saying much, but before TT3G, I would never have believed he had much range above playing "class clown" (based on roles in MBMH and THnK). He's no Kimura Takuya or Kusanagi Tsuyoshi (yet) but dude clearly has the talent to garner more leading roles in the future.

While watching ep9, I noticed that... Ueto Aya is in practically every freaking commercial. How many cottamn sponsors does she have? Girl must be raking in serious coin. The Softbank "White Kazoku 24" is pretty hilarious.

Onto the actual episode... well I won't give any real spoilers.. but the funniest scene involves a sock and reminded me of a John Hughes movie (PTaA). And there's a touching father/son scene.

The last few episodes have been exceptional and ep 9 doesn't disappoint.
People need to WAKE UP!! This is easily the best Jdrama this season (yes, even better than Sexy Voice and Robo) (ProDai is interesting but YamaP plays the same deadpan character in every drama). (Watashitachi no kyokasho started off strong but got retarded real quick)(And don't even bring up turds like Bambino, Liar Game and Hotelier).
[/spoiler]

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Jun 8th, '07, 17:04

wow!!! i think this is one of the best doramas this season too!! i'm so disappointed about the ratings, but i guess it can't be helped. anyway, i hope kame's cameo and yorouta's sales and promo will help boost the last few epis. this drama deserves more than what it has been getting.

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Jun 8th, '07, 17:33

Triple post... aye... :roll
Last edited by quashlo on Jun 13th, '07, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Jun 8th, '07, 17:34

Triple post...
Last edited by quashlo on Jun 13th, '07, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Jun 8th, '07, 17:35

Yeah, the ratings are kind of a downer... The drama is executed well on so many fronts... The acting is very good--hats off to the six main characters. In particular, Tanaka doesn't disappoint with his kao-gei (he does a great job with the more serious scenes, too, like in Episode 8) and Akiyama provides some great comic relief now and then. I felt the scene with Akiyama and his brother at the hotel was one of the best scenes in Episode 8...
The side characters like Tanaka's father and grandmother and the Stationmaster are interesting, too.

The story is very subtle, too... The humor's kinda subtle (most viewers probably don't understand all the tetsu stuff), but even more than that, behind all the jokes there's really a lot of good themes, like growing up and finding a job, taking care of one's family, friendship... Maybe the fact that I'm subbing it is biasing me, but I have to say this is the only drama this season that really captured me and gets me excited for the next episode. I don't know if Kameyama's cameo was intended from the start, or if it's an attempt to boost ratings after the show's somewhat dismal peformance... Personally, I'm not overly concerned about the ratings, as long as they don't plan on cutting it short or slashing the budget or anything else that would reduce the quality.

Winly

Post by Winly » Jun 13th, '07, 02:10

I agree about that this drama is the best drama of the season and has been a long time I haven't watched a good JDrama like this one.
And it's really sad about the ratings and that not a lot of people is watching it :cry: But I'm really lucky that I decided to watch it :lol Because the story, the acting and all of it is superb.

I hope that this drama win a lot of awards because it really deserves it :-)

momotsuki

Post by momotsuki » Jun 13th, '07, 05:53

yes, I'm really liking this drama! Koki's doing a great job. I think Tsukamoto's finally beginning to to hit his stride, but he's really not made for a nerdy role. He hasn't shone till he got to kiss someone, and it's been a long time coming.

The 3 actresses are really doing well too, especially the one playing Riko (can NOT remember her name). Kuriyama Chiaki is great. I'm not really feeling the Katou Rosa love so much because she always looks a bit cross-eyed to me.

I watched the last ep with and without subs and I was quite surprised at how much difference knowing the fine points makes. Aw, Ichirou! I thought you were fighting cause you were drunk!

The sock bit was soooo funny!

The trains are so beautiful, I think they need to show them more, actually. They seem to be cutting back a bit. I guess the tetsu audience isn't showing up for this, too bad.

lemoneko007

Post by lemoneko007 » Jun 13th, '07, 11:35

hmm i'm interested in watching this drama because Koki is in it. He's so funny in My Boss My Hero and I thought this one will be a hit :lol

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Jun 14th, '07, 23:25

i wouldnt say its the best of the season, i like proposal daisakusen a lot more, however the reason for the ratings imo , is that the show started slow and such.. i thought it was going to be a train reference all the way til the end. but after i kept watching it more ( largely due to lack of subbed shows) it got more and more interesting. now im hooked.
i kinda wish koki's character (tanaka) would give up on her and then she finds out everything at a later date then she feels like crap and tries to go back to him but at that time hes already with someone else (who realised how sweet and thoughtful he IS) <-- sorry just feel really bad for tanaka in the show.. all he had to put up with from her. lol.

doubledown11

Post by doubledown11 » Jun 15th, '07, 15:04

Chooooouuu kanashiI !!

I was heading back slowly from the Kimura Kaela concert (Hell Yeah!!! She kicked so much ass!!) and I forgot Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go started at 10pm. So I ran and ran like YamaPi in ProDai and got back to the hotel to catch the latter half of my fave drama this season.
I'll leave the big spoilers but this episode was pretty depressing. At least the 2nd half seemed to be.
Tanaka Koki rocks some pretty dope T-shirts this ep. So far he's gone from Euro Futbol jackets to obscure California T-shirts (Davidson U, "Hustle Your Muscle" Bakersfield Fitness etc) and now some sweet designer T's that are just plainly type nice. Dude must be having fun picking his wardrobes for each episode. This series just pays so much attention to detail, that's what i love about it.
The depiction of "Tetsu's" may be exagerrated and not entirley accurate but they put a LOT of effort into incorporating a wealth of information about the grand history of trains and its impact on Japanese society.

In response to dee808, I watch Pro Dai as well and enjoy it but theres no comparison. TT3G is so much better in terms of acting, character development, attention to detail, originality and profundity. Pro Dai may have a better soundtrack (arguably) and provides more instant gratification, but realistically it plays out like an ordinary fairy tale Jdrama. TT3G is almost groundbreaking in it's quirkiness and ability to immerse the audience with references to its subject matter: trains. I can't think of any other drama (e.g. Hotelier/hotels, Densha Otoko/Otaku, Pride/Hockey, Engine/Racing, DanDori/Cheerdancing, Nodame/Classical) that has gone to as great lengths in researching the subject and incorporating it so well into the storyline.

In terms of acting, YamaPi is one of the worst actors around. I loved him in Nobuta but damn, all the guy does is brood, occasionally get angry, and run, run, run.
Every drama I've seen him in: IWGP, Long Love Letter, Stand Up, Lunch Queen and now ProDai --> he plays the same damn character reciting his lines with a deadpan countenance. A trained seal could do a much better job of emoting.
Tanaka Koki isn't some master thespian but he is infintely better than YamaPi in creating a dynamic yet palpable character that you can grow to understand and relate to.

Nagasawa Masami is one of the best young actresses around, but as a whole the cast of ProDai couldn't hold TT3G's jockstrap.

Despite some aspects of the humor that are quite overt (eg Chiaki's underwear scene, Akiyama's daydreams) TT3G is more sophisticated and requires a greater attention span to appreciate than the typical Jdramas centered on JE actors that are churned out.

doubledown11

Post by doubledown11 » Jun 15th, '07, 15:16

BTW the episode I was referring to was ep10.
And just to recapitulate: Kimura Kaela ROCKS!!!!! Holy cr%p she is just the perfect combination of adorability, eccentricity and coolness. And she's touring again in October when I happen to be visiting Japan again. God bless serendipitous vacation plans.
Oh and despite the unhapping ending to ep 10, it still brought the great quality in spades lacking in most other Jdramas this season. =)

momotsuki

Post by momotsuki » Jun 15th, '07, 21:43

doubledown11 wrote:
Despite some aspects of the humor that are quite overt (eg Chiaki's underwear scene, Akiyama's daydreams) TT3G is more sophisticated and requires a greater attention span to appreciate than the typical Jdramas centered on JE actors that are churned out.
Yeah, I like it too and I like how it is dealing with some serious issues--families, relationships, love, disappointment, loss, all in a shiny, colorful context. I haven't watched ep 10 yet (waiting for the torrent) but now I'm all worried. How long is this series anyway? is ep 10 the last one? I will be so depressed!

I kinda miss Koki's football t's though, I guess because the cali thing is all over NYC and I'm a bit bored with it. The football thing was funnier to me.

I see there's a fashion section on the website, but I haven't checked it out, i wonder if it jsut has the girl's clothing or if it includes Koki's wardrobe as well?

I don't understand the whole tetsu marketing thing either, the trains are really not the central aspect.

doubledown11

Post by doubledown11 » Jun 16th, '07, 16:48

There should be 12 episodes.
No Cali theme to the shirts this time around. Just some outlandish (color-wise) yet dope gear.
Last time I checked the official TT3G site, there was not a single reference to Tanaka Koki other than as cast. You would never know he was even in the drama. I think pics of him are prohibited in the website due to his affiliation with JE/Kat-tun. Weird.
I don't think the drama was ever intended to draw the tetsu market. There is definitely more to TT3G than portraying the fascination with trains but it is a paramount theme and its depiction is executed well.
There are so many elaborate side-stories and important moral lessons portrayed in a non-cliched fashion.
Compared to ProDai, TT3G actively builds the relationships between the side characters. In ProDai, the relationship between Oku Eri and Hisashi (the shrimp) or Mikio and his spoiled gf is so superficial. There is very little effort put into developing their characters compared to the 6 main characters in TT3G.
TT3G is incredibly detailed and layered while most other dramas (except Sexy Voice & Robo) are shallow in their character development.

aka.no.mahoutsukai

Post by aka.no.mahoutsukai » Jun 21st, '07, 18:52

T_T Episode 10 was so depressing... Things had better pick up in the last episode, because
this series is my favorite this season! And I agree with all of you, that this drama is one of the
most well-rounded series out there. It's much better than ProDai, and it's got lots of character
depth and insight on the whole tetsu deal. I love it to death~ But really, if things end up not picking
up by next week, I'm gonna be reaaaaally sad... D: I love Tanaka's character... T^T

momotsuki

Post by momotsuki » Jun 24th, '07, 00:06

oh no! I just saw the torrent file for ep 11 says it's the finale ... did it get cut short by one episode? I thought it was gonna be 12!

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Jun 25th, '07, 01:07

:lol

I'm starting watch this drame and it's pretty funny ;p

doubledown11

Post by doubledown11 » Jun 25th, '07, 08:31

Moondy wrote::lol

I'm starting watch this drame and it's pretty funny ;p
I'm glad you enjoy it. It has some hilarious scenes but I think the evolution of the friend/relationships between characters is what really makes TT3G stand out.
Dramas like Nobuta wo Produce, Kisarazu Cats Eye and Stand Up took lots of time to establish bonds between characters whereas ones like ProDai and Bambino skimp out on the character development or do a cheesy/hackneyed job of it.

Make sure you watch the series until its finale. Shouldn't be hard b/c each episode gets better and better. Cool to see another TT3G fan. :-)

Kamikatze

Post by Kamikatze » Jun 26th, '07, 05:20

If the drama wouldn't have CK in it, I wouldn't watch it, honestly. Her performance is good as usual. The supports are all right, doing a good job. But whenever Tanaka pops up on a scene... ugh... Being over the top in every single scene is not acting, it's just annoying. Comedy is fine, but if that character would be after my daughter... I'd hack him into pieces and feed him to the cats in the neighbourhood after episode 2. I know that exaggeration is part of dramas, but that Tanaka character... ugh... No, sorry. Over the top is okay, but being constantly over the top by 200% is not even remotely funny. He's just outright annoying and really got me to the point of wanting to beat him up, in every single episode, that's a new record.

He has to learn a "few" more things before they give him a lead again. He can't carry a story alone, definitely not. Without Chiaki as co and the great support, he'd drown within a few seconds. He might be a decent singer, but as actor... no, thank you. There would have been plenty of better choices for that part. Not surprised that the ratings went downhill with such a lead.

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Jun 26th, '07, 17:10

^To be honest, Kuriyama didn't really do anything for me... That is not a comment on her acting ability (she did just fine here), just that her character (and in fact, all of the three female leads) isn't given the same kind of depth compared to the three male leads. The characters I liked the most were Tanaka and Akiyama, and I enjoyed watching these two grow as people with the progression of the series. Sure, Tanaka is obnoxious at times, but I think his character really shines through in the serious scenes--all in all, I found him to be a very enjoyable personality.

As for Tanaka (Kouki's) acting here, I think he did a very admirable job. I don't think anybody would dispute that he's not cut out for more serious stuff like jun'ai dramas, but I can't see why his acting here would explain the poor ratings performance. If anything, what kept ratings down was probably a combination of:

(1) timeslot;
(2) competition from other dramas (this season there were a lot of "small" productions with one or two semi-big stars);
(3) the popularity (or lack thereof compared to other male leads) of Tanaka Kouki;
(4) lack of any "big-name" stars to get viewers to watch; and
(5) the tetsu backstory (contrary to what the producers of the drama might have said, I really don't think tetsu is "booming" right now).

But despite all this, I think if you are looking for quality on all fronts, this drama shines through. It's very easy to see all the effort that was put into each episode, especially in terms of script/storyline, and how they incorporated the tetsu backdrop into all of that. If you want the real "Densha Otoko," this is it. I'm very, very happy that the producers didn't compromise the show because of poor ratings.

microsoftExcelExcel

Post by microsoftExcelExcel » Jun 26th, '07, 19:15

I agree with the post above. When I saw the first episode I thought it was really funny, and I loved Koki's character. But, the whole tetsu thing did turn me off a bit from the drama because I wasn't familiar with it, and I didn't find it interesting at all. I think if the plot would have related to something more common, (kinda like Stand Up!!'s plot) I think it would have been really popular.

On a side note, Takashi Tsukamoto's nerdy/weird character's are getting really old now. It was funny in Tiger & Dragon, annoying in Teppan Shoujo Akane, and now it's just like blahh. I like how he's doing funny roles, but I'm really sick of his awkward nerd roles. =( It's too bad too cause I believe he has some sort of idol status in Japan (He's got the looks going, at least). It wouldn't be so bad if he brought a little bit of that to dramas. Oh well.

doubledown11

Post by doubledown11 » Jun 26th, '07, 22:05

Kamikatze wrote:If the drama wouldn't have CK in it, I wouldn't watch it, honestly. Her performance is good as usual. The supports are all right, doing a good job. But whenever Tanaka pops up on a scene... ugh... Being over the top in every single scene is not acting, it's just annoying. Comedy is fine, but if that character would be after my daughter... I'd hack him into pieces and feed him to the cats in the neighbourhood after episode 2. I know that exaggeration is part of dramas, but that Tanaka character... ugh... No, sorry. Over the top is okay, but being constantly over the top by 200% is not even remotely funny. He's just outright annoying and really got me to the point of wanting to beat him up, in every single episode, that's a new record.

He has to learn a "few" more things before they give him a lead again. He can't carry a story alone, definitely not. Without Chiaki as co and the great support, he'd drown within a few seconds. He might be a decent singer, but as actor... no, thank you. There would have been plenty of better choices for that part. Not surprised that the ratings went downhill with such a lead.
You are a twit with the attention span of an after-dinner mint if you feel Tanaka Koki is "constantly over the top" in "every single scene". In the initial part of the story, Tanaka Koki's character is obnoxious and Chiaki's character hates this overconfident buffon that is prone to hyperbole and deception. HOWEVER, as the drama progresses, it becomes blatantly obvious that Tanaka is a very morally sound and compassionate person. He "talks big" b/c at the moment he hasn't realized his true purpose and even lacks the confidence that he will ever be succesful in life. In almost every episode one sees Tanaka's "softer" side and his ability to arrive at the pith of a problematic situation and articulate a solution that helps his family and friends.

I agree that Tanaka is "over the top" in many scenes but there are just as many scenes in which his performance is subtle and taciturn.
Stevie Wonder has better eyesight than you do if you sincerely believe Tanaka Koki is "over the top" in every scene. Either you've only watched bits and pieces of the 1st 2 episodes or you are a complete moron oblivious to the concept of character development.

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jun 26th, '07, 22:21

shall we start the debate now?

XD

Well i personally believe that Koki is a good actor. Not yet great, but good.
At least we see that he has confidence in himself to be the lead of the the drama and put on a good show :mrgreen:

And yes, he wasn't over the top in "every" scene.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jun 30th, '07, 06:03

Hm... The 3rd girl, is she supposed to be pretty? She looks really ugly, atleast to me >_<. Also how come Rosa isn't "dating" with the one with glasses instead of the hotel dude... doesn't make any sense at all.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jul 1st, '07, 13:06

noone talking about this show :<

doubledown11

Post by doubledown11 » Jul 2nd, '07, 01:27

Neji-sama wrote:Hm... The 3rd girl, is she supposed to be pretty? She looks really ugly, atleast to me >_<. Also how come Rosa isn't "dating" with the one with glasses instead of the hotel dude... doesn't make any sense at all.
No, the 3rd girl isn't supposed to be pretty. Is there some rule that only attractive people are allowed significant acting roles? It doesn't make sense that someone could be hired simply b/c she's an excellent actress with realistic physical features?

I'm just happy I don't live in the same Barbie & Ken world you live in.