[Movie Discussion] Nada Sousou

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
rikachan

[Movie Discussion] Nada Sousou

Post by rikachan » Nov 22nd, '06, 14:26

Has anybody heard of this drama....?
it seems that this drama is quite good....
but doesn't seem to have anyone do torrents on this drama...?
Give some comment.............

http://www.nada-so.jp/

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Nov 22nd, '06, 21:21

It's a movie, not a dorama.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 23rd, '06, 20:05

1. It's a movie, not a drama, so it will not be released at D-addicts (as per the No Movie Policy)
2. The title is actually pronounced "Nada Sousou" (the story takes place in Okinawa)

As a random aside, I picked the book up last week and just started reading it yesterday... There seem to be a series of these books, so...

3. The way TBS has been operating lately, I wouldn't be too surprised if they decide to make a television dramatization of either it or the book series... ^_^;
(Come to think of it, they may have already so with the 2 Nada Sousou SPs aired this summer... hmm... I should check on that when I get back home...)

rikachan

Post by rikachan » Nov 27th, '06, 07:10

i see....thanx a lot for the information.....
but is there a torrent site where i can find this....?

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 2nd, '07, 08:02

Super duper mega bump!

The sub for "Nada Sou Sou" is done! Enjoy~ Available for download now at kloofy.net

[mod edit: link removed]

Get video from
FSC
FSS if registered or...

Torrent from Isohunt: search "tears axine"

[img]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9941 ... 417on6.jpg[/img]

IMDB plot summary:
8-year old Yotaro gains a 3-year old step-sister, Kaoru, when his mother marries a jazz musician who plays in a club in Naha, Okinawa where they live. Before long Kaoru's father deserts them, and not long afterward Yota's mother becomes terminally ill. Her dying wish is for him to watch out for Kaoru at his grandmother's place on a small island off the coast of Okinawa. He fulfills her wish and becomes very protective of his younger sister who calls him "nee-nee." Thirteen years later Kaoru returns to Naha and comes to live with him as she starts high school. Yota works hard making deliveries of vegetables from an open-air market by day, and in a restaurant (he is a licensed chef) by night to save money to fulfill his dream of having his own restaurant. He also assumes the role of pushing for Kaoru's entrance to a university. This allows less time for his beautiful girlfriend Keiko, the daughter of a doctor and a medical student at Ryukyu University. It seems that Yota's dreams start to come together when Mr. Kameoka sells him a place for a restaurant. Yota works hard constructing the place, but just as he is to open, the real owner appears. Being swindled, Yota is left with a large outstanding loan. Keiko's father's plans do not include a working class son-in-law as he explains when he offers to pay Yota's debt. Although he refuses, Yota concludes he is not best for Keiko's future. Years later he continues to overwork even after the debt is paid and Kaoru starts university study. With her feelings of love for Yota growing deeper, they mutually decide to live apart. Written by Brian Greenhalgh
Last edited by 8thSin on Apr 4th, '07, 00:11, edited 2 times in total.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Apr 2nd, '07, 08:13

thanks a lot, 8thsin!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
:thumleft: :D :wub:

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Apr 2nd, '07, 08:36

Sugoi!!!! Really thank you soooo much 8thSin! :wub:
Thanks for the link to the official side! I've figured out that it plays in Okinawa 2001 and that the boy is to told by his dying mom to help Kaori because she's all alone. And then they leave Okinawa and part? And they meet again, when they are grown up...

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 2nd, '07, 13:41

Guys, please remember that there is a No Movies Policy at D-addicts. This means no posting of direct download links to movies (torrents, diret downloads, etc) or subs (just to be safe). This was a conscious decision made by D-addicts a couple years back after a couple unpleasant run-ins with the MPAA. This site specializes in televised material. There are other sites already established for asian movies and subs.

What would be best is if people would just not ask in the first place, but I know that's impossible because of all the new users we get here. At the most, you can post where to find movies (or PM), but please do not post direct links.

I hope this reminder will make people more conscious of this rule and report any links they may find posted.

Thank you.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 3rd, '07, 01:50

^ I thought that was just for torrents :sweat: Sorry.
And that isohunt link was just a search result, but oh well, I'll be careful next time.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 3rd, '07, 02:41

^ No problem... It's just something that needs to be repeated now and then as a reminder. :)

It's great that everybody is willing to help other out with movies, but we decided a long time ago that the risk/hassle of offering movies wasn't worth sacrificing access to TV dramas. When we banned the movie torrents, just to be safe, we also banned direct linking to make sure that the forums didn't become an unofficial downloading source for material that got us in trouble in the first place...

Actually, I could have sworn we had an announcement or news topic on this ages ago, but I think maybe it got auto-pruned awhile back.... :scratch:

I guess something should be put up again about it... :fear:

Hero

Post by Hero » Apr 8th, '07, 22:50

Thank you 8thSin :cheers:

nieto

Post by nieto » Apr 15th, '07, 04:46

thanks!

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Apr 15th, '07, 04:59

Thanks for your subtitles! I love Satoshi Tsumabuki; I think he's a fab actor. And whoever plays his sister... she sometimes looks eerily similar to the girl from Goong.

As to what I thought about this movie...
I thought the ending was lame. Granted, this could be because I just recently started watching Japanese and Korean movies and I have yet to see one where someone doesn't die. But, I loved Tsumabuki's hardworking character and I thought it was well-shot.
:)

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Apr 16th, '07, 14:20

masami does look a little bit like YEH from Goong indeed. i didn't recognize her before. lol
i need to watch this. im a big sucker for satoshi's acting. this role is so suitable for him. i can imagine already lol.

arabian

Post by arabian » Apr 22nd, '07, 19:26

Why i couldn't find the sub in kloofy..
Could someone be kind & PM for me if you find it..

Aragami

Post by Aragami » May 14th, '07, 23:33

thanks for the subs 8thSin.
The movie is great but very touching. Also the music is nice especially ending song (thanks for translation)
I like those extra descriptions you put there from time to time with explanation what is what. Well it's very useful =).
I heard that you make subs for Haken no Hinkaku with Shinohara Ryoko :wub: . That's great news. I really appreciate you hard work.
Thanks again

untypikal

Post by untypikal » May 20th, '07, 21:34

i downloaded the entire thing, but the subs are only in japanese! where are the english ones? i searched and downloaded the "tears axine" version, and the .rar file said jp/eng subs..but can't see english! pls help!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 20th, '07, 21:47

D-addicts does not host anything related to movies.
For movie subtitles, go to kloofy's.

untypikal

Post by untypikal » May 21st, '07, 03:41

found it thank you!

P3@cE

Post by P3@cE » May 28th, '08, 08:25

yeap thank you!

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 30th, '08, 12:39

ohcrapimonfire wrote:Thanks for your subtitles! I love Satoshi Tsumabuki; I think he's a fab actor. And whoever plays his sister... she sometimes looks eerily similar to the girl from Goong.

As to what I thought about this movie...
I thought the ending was lame. Granted, this could be because I just recently started watching Japanese and Korean movies and I have yet to see one where someone doesn't die. But, I loved Tsumabuki's hardworking character and I thought it was well-shot.
:)
I concur.
I thought it was very lame. I thought the first half of the movie seemed to move really well, however the second half of the movie lost it's steam and it was all downhill from there. A shame, as I enjoy the two main actors
I hope that i can get a review up for this on my website soon. :)

Keizou

Post by Keizou » Jun 4th, '08, 14:23

I also thought the same thing as carlie...hated the second half, but the first half was alright

I've posted a review on my blog if anyone's interested