Things I've Noticed from KDramas

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Jiiyoung

Re: Things I've Noticed from KDramas

Post by Jiiyoung » Jan 3rd, '07, 04:43

Umm.. number 3 I'll have to agree with you XD
10 - It is not something that korean dramas create. It is what Korea is like.
14 is incredibly biased though. Koreans tend to value foreign teaching more, but it does not mean in any way that korean schools are bad in any way.
23 - I think they pay it in advance because most of the time, in taxis, the driver may have one or two lines.
27 - But it couldn't be a drama without such kicks?
36 - I admit that's true. In so maaany dramas.

This was highly amusing. But some things don't happen a lot and some are a bit biased.

meera

Post by meera » Jan 4th, '07, 02:14

hahaha...what sakari wrote is hillarious and suprisingly true though...
i noticed...!!especialy the piggy back and the car thingy...
and yes...the taxi and bus fare stuff....
hoho.....u r really observent..!! :thumright:

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Mar 28th, '07, 16:32

Sakari wrote: 35. Somebody farts (not in the same scene as #34, though).
Han Ji-hye in Sweet 18. Choi Ran in My Girl. Lee Cheol-min in Snow Queen. Son Hyeon-joo in What's Up, Fox?.

kuvli

Post by kuvli » Apr 1st, '07, 17:40

AHHAHAHA...I agreeed with what the first post said....i actually find korean dramas more drama and dark....(shudder shudder....sometimes dark creeps me out) there's always love triangle and the second guy who fell for the female protagonist are always unexplainable...just out of nowhere......

but i do enjoy their romantic comedy....something like FULL HOUSE....ah.....cute!!!!

Lavendar

Post by Lavendar » Apr 1st, '07, 19:09

8. If you hit your head in a traffic accident, you might lose your memory. But don't worry, you will get it back when you hit your head a second time.
like the drama Save the last dance for me :mrgreen:

thanks alot..

sbungier

Post by sbungier » Apr 1st, '07, 19:20

In Historical dramas, they make all this elaborate food but never eat it!!!

blueshieldqueen

Post by blueshieldqueen » Apr 3rd, '07, 00:08

LOL I 'm a little bit upset today , found this thread and OMG reading all your comments, guys , made me laughed like crazy . hahahahahahahaa you guys are so observent. :lol :lol :P

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Apr 3rd, '07, 00:22

LMBO
So funny!

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Apr 3rd, '07, 06:33

Sakari wrote:
Sakari wrote:
39. One character buys another a cellphone.
Recently seen examples... Kim Rae-won in Which Star Are You from. Jeong Woong-in in Rude Women. Han Ji-hye and Im Jeong-eun in Cloud Stairway. Oh Ji-ho in Fantasy Couple.

It hasn't come up in Jumong. But I've only seen 20 episodes.
how can you miss out What happened in Bali? So Ji Sup got so jealous because of the cellphone. guess this always happens because it's so often a rich guy falls for a poor girl without cellphone and he's so despesrate to make her always contactable.

Sakari

Post by Sakari » May 26th, '07, 17:05

Sakari wrote: 16. Good girls don't drive (cars). Bad girls do. Well, a good girl just *might* drive, but she will do it so badly it's a wonder she was ever given a license.
In fact, it seems that scriptwriters are not as fond of this plot device as they used to be. The last example of this that comes to (my) mind is Goong. Not that I quite understand why Kim Ha-neul, a good girl in 90 Days, first drives her own car, no problem, but then starts taking the bus in the last few episodes...

kimmy12

Post by kimmy12 » Jun 19th, '07, 12:11

YEP2! that's quite right.. i also noticed that in kdramas mainly their love story always do involve more than two person..get it? such as A like B, another person,C LIKE A.. and other person D LIKE B...

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 19th, '07, 14:11

Sakari wrote:
Sakari wrote: 16. Good girls don't drive (cars). Bad girls do. Well, a good girl just *might* drive, but she will do it so badly it's a wonder she was ever given a license.
In fact, it seems that scriptwriters are not as fond of this plot device as they used to be. The last example of this that comes to (my) mind is Goong. Not that I quite understand why Kim Ha-neul, a good girl in 90 Days, first drives her own car, no problem, but then starts taking the bus in the last few episodes...
But isn't that a symbol how she was uncouth and "bad" in the beginning and more prim and proper after Goong training :)

immaperson

Post by immaperson » Jun 22nd, '07, 08:46

love the one buying a cellphone for another comment. it's so true, especially when the guy buys or wins a cellphone for his girl, who happens to be poor.

thanks for the list, it was worth the read. =)

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Jun 23rd, '07, 01:50

lol..this thread continues to crack me up..here's another thing I'd like to add:

- When there is an engagement party, then you automatically know that it will not work out for those 2 ppl and they will not get married afterwards b/c if the main lead is getting engaged to someone, it will most likely be someone they do not love. The guy will not show up at the engagement and run off to find the girl that he does love...and the girl will sit there and cry pathetically even if she already knew beforehand that that was gonna happen.

MaYa^_

Post by MaYa^_ » Jun 23rd, '07, 11:55

they always run in kdrama xD

EpikLow

Post by EpikLow » Jun 28th, '07, 03:54

Theres two main things I always see;

1. The main girl always falls in love with the jerky types at the end

2. Some one always gets drunk

DramaholicxD

Post by DramaholicxD » Jun 28th, '07, 04:00

Don't forget those love triangles :glare:

EpikLow

Post by EpikLow » Jun 28th, '07, 04:01

DramaholicxD wrote:Don't forget those love triangles :glare:
haha yea! in every drama there is a love triangle... if theres no triangle... whats the drama?!

mitch16

Post by mitch16 » Jun 30th, '07, 20:46

u knw and one thing i notice is dat bisexual pipol ar not visible either in drama/movie!

EpikLow

Post by EpikLow » Jun 30th, '07, 20:48

mitch16 wrote:u knw and one thing i notice is dat bisexual pipol ar not visible either in drama/movie!
:O that's true! and kinda unfair :-(

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jun 30th, '07, 21:23

mitch16 wrote:u knw and one thing i notice is dat bisexual pipol ar not visible either in drama/movie!
Although it wasn't bisexual; Have you seen the movie ImageNo RegretImage

DramaholicxD

Post by DramaholicxD » Jun 30th, '07, 21:32

EpikLow wrote:
DramaholicxD wrote:Don't forget those love triangles :glare:
haha yea! in every drama there is a love triangle... if theres no triangle... whats the drama?!

ohh also love squares.. yeeah include more people in your love that's so great! maybe they can have a foursome too.

DramaholicxD

Post by DramaholicxD » Jun 30th, '07, 21:37

Sakari wrote:
Sakari wrote:
Recently seen examples... Kim Rae-won in Which Star Are You from. Jeong Woong-in in Rude Women. Han Ji-hye and Im Jeong-eun in Cloud Stairway. Oh Ji-ho in Fantasy Couple.

It hasn't come up in Jumong. But I've only seen 20 episodes.

oh don't forget My Girl! the girly looking guy takes the main girl out to eat and then he "won" a cell phone so he gave it to the girl but actually he just wanted to give it to her. i think he was Lee Joon Ki?

Rahiil

Post by Rahiil » Jun 30th, '07, 21:51

i enjoyed reading your Comment, thanks :)

shnickers

Post by shnickers » Jun 30th, '07, 22:21

Also, there always seems to be a scene involving loansharks/gangstas, no?

And even though the supporting girl is always beautiful and evil, she always has a reason for being evil. And there is at least ONE scene in which the audience sympathizes with her.

And even though the guy is ALWAYS an egotistical, arrogant (...handsome...) jerk, he always changes (which is kinda unrealistic, really) for the better. But then again, watching a drama that consisted of "real" life would be pretty boring, eh?

Even though the majority of Korean dramas are practically based on formulas, the reason we watch is because each drama still has its own unique plot/aspect. So let's just enjoy!

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Jul 9th, '07, 19:57

Haha, I noticed alot of these stuff in Korean Dramas.

Here is a Mad TV Korean Drama Parody version:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... ma&search=

Keyword: Mad TV Korean Drama

It's funny how they incorporated a lot of what was mentioned into their parody.

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Jul 10th, '07, 05:00

Sakari wrote: 42. If there is a knock at the door or the doorbell rings, the character inside will ask, "Who is it?", but will open the door without waiting for an answer.
But this is becoming obsolete, as more and more KDrama households are installing CCTV cameras on their doors.

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Jul 11th, '07, 07:13

Sakari wrote:
In fact, it seems that scriptwriters are not as fond of this plot device as they used to be. The last example of this that comes to (my) mind is Goong.
I seem to have forgotten Lee Bo-yeong in Mr.Goodbye - more recent than Yoon Eun-hye in Goong.

vancouver927

Post by vancouver927 » Jul 11th, '07, 23:41

I watched "I'm sorry I love you" (미안하다 사랑한다) and was annoyed by the lead character because he's supposed to be born and raised in Australia by adopted parents, but it's clear he has a strong Korean accent. Obviously the producers of the show are caught in a catch-22 because it's going to be pretty hard to get a good Korean actor who can do a native born Australian accent.

The thing that really bugged me was that he knew exactly where to drive and knew his way around. Not to mention that he miraculously knew how to speak good Korean and became fluent in a couple of episodes. Being a korean born in canada, there's no way you're going to know your way around Seoul in a snap of a finger, let alone even drive (I've been to korea a few times and trust me...there's no way).

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jul 12th, '07, 13:41

vancouver927 wrote: The thing that really bugged me was that he knew exactly where to drive and knew his way around. Not to mention that he miraculously knew how to speak good Korean and became fluent in a couple of episodes. Being a korean born in canada, there's no way you're going to know your way around Seoul in a snap of a finger, let alone even drive (I've been to korea a few times and trust me...there's no way).
Well, he could speak Korean fluently. His girlfriend taught him. And it was unrealistic that he knew his way around Seoul instantly, but it would've gotten awfully draggy if we had to watch him get lost a million times and learn his way around, don't you think?

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Jul 12th, '07, 14:22

vancouver927 wrote:I watched "I'm sorry I love you" (미안하다 사랑한다) and was annoyed by the lead character because he's supposed to be born and raised in Australia by adopted parents, but it's clear he has a strong Korean accent. Obviously the producers of the show are caught in a catch-22 because it's going to be pretty hard to get a good Korean actor who can do a native born Australian accent.
This is more a characteristic of Korean actors than one of Korean dramas. I don't think KDrama characters are meant to have terrible accents when they are supposed to speak English.

Then again, not all Korean actors have the accents. To balance Lee Jeong-jin and Joo Jin-mo, there are Jeong Ryeo-won and Han Ye-seul...

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jul 12th, '07, 14:52

vancouver927 wrote:I watched "I'm sorry I love you" (미안하다 사랑한다) and was annoyed by the lead character because he's supposed to be born and raised in Australia by adopted parents, but it's clear he has a strong Korean accent. Obviously the producers of the show are caught in a catch-22 because it's going to be pretty hard to get a good Korean actor who can do a native born Australian accent.
He wasn't born in Australia, he was born in Korea and then was adopted by an Australian family. He didn't get to learn English from his adoptive parents because they abused him and he ran away from home to live in the streets. Now, why does he have a strong Korean accent despite living almost his whole life in Australia? It does seem a little unrealistic, but you'll be surprised. I know many Asians who have lived here for like 20 years and can barely speak English. I guess it all depends on the people you hang around with.

As for navigating his way around Seoul, I agree with that but also agree with fizzles explanation that it wouldn't be much fun watching him stumble around the place every single episode :)

Why isn't this in the MiSa thread btw?

namedx

Post by namedx » Jul 12th, '07, 15:18

Lmao-I'm loving this thead!!! i'm going through all the previous posts, and everyone has come up with something different. Every minute detail/habbit has been spotted, lol but without these repetative trademarks-Korean dramas just wouldn't be the same!!! hehe soo cliche. But guys (dunno if it's already been mentioned) but you missed out the PORRIDGE-the ultimate remedy, it is the cure for every single nasty bug/flu/cold that the male or female protagonist is guaranteed to get!!!

PeAce out <keep>

^______^

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jul 18th, '07, 05:38

How many kdramas has 'Fly me to the moon' been used in... not the official ost.

peyutnduy

Post by peyutnduy » Jul 19th, '07, 07:31

don't know if someone has already said it:
in every korean drama there is always a scene of an actor puts his jacket on his girl although sometimes he only wears a plain short-sleeve t-shirt.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Jul 19th, '07, 07:38

I haven't watched kdramas much like everyone does, but one thing I noticed is:

professing your love in the rain and kissing in the rain scenes

LOL I feel like this is probably the only thing that makes us go :O :cheers:

The director should come up with more hot kissing scenes that aren't in the rain but somewhere else. :whistling:

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jul 19th, '07, 13:41

Hm I haven't read every page but i want to shout out my opinion :D

Doesn't ever kdrama have some kind of belief around destiny or fate? I just finished watching soulmate and they always seem to end some eps with OMG if we r meant to be together. WE will meet again!

AznxxNugget

Post by AznxxNugget » Jul 19th, '07, 15:51

its funny cause its true :]

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jul 19th, '07, 15:53

yo kobe23
who is that in ur sig? :unsure:

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Jul 25th, '07, 18:02

Most recently seen - Chae Rim in Dal Ja's Spring.

littlemafia

Post by littlemafia » Jul 26th, '07, 15:06

6. Small or medium-sized cars are rarely used. Rich people drive big and expensive cars, while everybody else takes the bus or the subway, or gets rides in the rich people's costly autos.

10. Rich people live in mansions surrounded by brick walls, while everybody else lives in shacks atop high buildings in downtown Seoul, or in hillside slums on the outskirts of the city.

18, or, The Oppa Fallacy. There is this cool guy and a girl, Girl #1, who keeps calling him "Oppa". Because he is her boyfriend, right? Wrong, Girl #1; it's not you who gets the cool guy. Instead, he will fall for Girl #2 who never calls him anything but "Director", "Manager", "Doctor", "Mister", or "Sir".

27. Somebody kicks somebody else in the leg. (Ouch!)

29. Characters swill soju (comes in small green bottles) under an awning on a downtown sidewalk.

30. Arranged-marriage meetings never work out. That is, there is always something seriously wrong about the guys/girls your mother digs up somewhere.

31, or, Curse of the Unattended Cellphone. If you leave your cellphone unattended, it will ring, and somebody else will answer. This will be the one person who should not answer the call.

40, or, Just Say No to Cellphones. The richer the people, the more old-fashioned the (corded) telephone they have on the living-room table.

41. A character reading at a table will, inevitably, fall asleep at said table.

42. If there is a knock at the door or the doorbell rings, the character inside will ask, "Who is it?", but will open the door without waiting for an answer.

43. Any fake/contract marriage/engagement/relationship shall turn into a true one.

dunno some1 add or not...
d background always english song when at restaurant.. :whistling:

mista_chewey

Post by mista_chewey » Jul 29th, '07, 07:23

something i noticed

the female lead is usually portrayed as someone who eats 5X her body weight she is usually out eating the male character by a large margin

mtkj

Post by mtkj » Aug 2nd, '07, 21:54

ha ha. love this thread! the english lang. music in the background is fine ... but why do they have to be from the 50s-70s? are the music directors of these shows all in their 60s?

re. the previous comment: ... and yet they all faint at some critical moment, somehow.
in real life, actually, some k girls tend to faint quite often b/c they don't eat. so maybe this fainting thing, combined with overeating is some kind of wish fulfillment (wish i could eat like a pig and not gain weight)?

blue.berrii

Post by blue.berrii » Aug 2nd, '07, 22:14

Don't know if this has been mentioned but in pretty much every kdrama i've seen the main guy or second lead guy MUST have a mourning shower scene. If not that they will take off their clothes sometime in the story.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 3rd, '07, 06:14

blue.berrii wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned but in pretty much every kdrama i've seen the main guy or second lead guy MUST have a mourning shower scene. If not that they will take off their clothes sometime in the story.
True. Of couse, one of the reasons why we love kdramas is cuz the male lead is so HOT. Well, for me at least. :lol

mista_chewey

Post by mista_chewey » Aug 3rd, '07, 08:39

mtkj wrote: re. the previous comment: ... and yet they all faint at some critical moment, somehow.
in real life, actually, some k girls tend to faint quite often b/c they don't eat. so maybe this fainting thing, combined with overeating is some kind of wish fulfillment (wish i could eat like a pig and not gain weight)?
that's horrible i didn't know it was a real common problem....
that's sad to hear :-(
but i should say it's nice to hold a girl with some meat :D
so girls eat more!!!

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Aug 3rd, '07, 08:51

dunno if sum1 already mentioned this.

one can get out of the hospital even without paying the bills. :D

tourette

Post by tourette » Aug 6th, '07, 14:53

they always sleep in their daily clothes. even in their bed.

Sakura_kura

Post by Sakura_kura » Aug 8th, '07, 21:02

Number four is the best for me. Especally in an age where everyone has cell phones...why wouldn't you whip it out in such a time?

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 9th, '07, 02:40

Dunno if somebody said this already...

The families of the two leads must contain at least one deceased parent, usually the guy's parents are both still alive and the girl's dad is dead.

emceelegs

Post by emceelegs » Aug 10th, '07, 11:53

I don't know if its alreeady mentioned..but one thing I notice is that they wear
the clothes for the whole day...and yet when they come home at night they
didn't bother to change it...they just go directly to the bed and sleep...it happens
in some of the kdramas...they don't bother to wash before going to sleep...
hehehe.....maybe its cold? :O oh! but nevertheless I'm still addicted to their
k-dramas ....

aniga64

Post by aniga64 » Aug 10th, '07, 11:58

I know someone's already said how they use the same actors over and over again . . . I use the term "recycled" . . . That said, I dunno if anyone's mentioned how in a lotta dramas that they seem to also recycle a lotta the music from other dramas (though they don't seem to be doing it as much :-) )

addi-K

Post by addi-K » Aug 11th, '07, 03:42

pinkstars wrote:dunno if sum1 already mentioned this.

one can get out of the hospital even without paying the bills. :D
Only Jang Chul Soo pays hospital bills :lol

mitchimitch

Post by mitchimitch » Sep 12th, '07, 14:43

emceelegs wrote:I don't know if its alreeady mentioned..but one thing I notice is that they wear
the clothes for the whole day...and yet when they come home at night they
didn't bother to change it...they just go directly to the bed and sleep...it happens
in some of the kdramas...they don't bother to wash before going to sleep...
hehehe.....maybe its cold? :O oh! but nevertheless I'm still addicted to their
k-dramas ....
hahaha!! so true...i notice that as well...hope this is not the case in real life :P :lol

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Oct 17th, '07, 05:14

Sakari wrote:
31, or, Curse of the Unattended Cellphone. If you leave your cellphone unattended, it will ring, and somebody else will answer. This will be the one person who should not answer the call.

Most recently seen in E31 of Golden Bride.

chymali

Post by chymali » Oct 17th, '07, 05:25

Another one:

All company executives (the rich, young, hot guys) are always distant and cold until they discover the love of their life, usually some poor girl, and all of a sudden they'll show their love through awkward gestures nobody else expects them to do.

Shindo Hikaru

Post by Shindo Hikaru » Jan 16th, '08, 09:00

Quote:

14. Korean schools and universities suck. To study anything seriously, characters must go abroad.

I wish they even learn something from those Universities >.< most of them have the WORST english accent and they even say that they've stayed in an english speaking country for years

Hahaha!! So true!! If they have live in an English-speaking Country for years, that's mean their English accent has to be quite good!! Some of them speaks like its their first time speaking English!

that's not true. if you stayed in korea for a certain amount of time i think more than 8 yrs you develop a korean accent and it is very hard to stop that way

eilla

Post by eilla » Jan 29th, '08, 19:24

Did anyone noticed that they never wore pajamas? Or maybe it's only me, who changed clothes before going to sleep?

And this obsession with dating younger guys, is this really such a great problem in Korea?! (Dal Ja's Spring, 9 end 2 outs, fly high)

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 31st, '08, 12:26

eilla wrote:Did anyone noticed that they never wore pajamas? Or maybe it's only me, who changed clothes before going to sleep?
Only you :)

Actually I change clothes too but I haven't worn pajamas since I was a kid. I just wear shorts and a singlet. Most people I know don't really wear pajamas either, so I don't think it's a strange thing not to see pajamas in k-dramas.

eilla

Post by eilla » Jan 31st, '08, 15:27

Still, even if it's not pajama, you CHANGE your clothes :P

pullen

Post by pullen » Jan 31st, '08, 15:48

I am reading all these posts and am really laughing. These are all the things that I thought of, so glad other people noticed also. Especially the one with going to bed with their clothes..whats with that? Some of them wear matching pj's usually pink and blue with clouds, sheep or hearts on them.

If these wasn't said before there is also the obligatory man getting wet in shower scene when troubled!

Thanks for a funny thread!

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 1st, '08, 13:17

pullen wrote:If these wasn't said before there is also the obligatory man getting wet in shower scene when troubled!
Man getting wet in shower scene is the very reason why I watch k-dramas.

Wait.......scratch that.

I was skimming through the first episode of Que Sera Sera and would you believe it? Eric Mun getting wet in the shower! Seriously that happens in just about every 2nd k-drama I've seen. Why is there never a female getting wet in shower scene? The only one that even remotely comes close is Lee Da Hae in My Girl.

eilla

Post by eilla » Feb 1st, '08, 15:57

As for me, men getting wet are enough. But I think, maybe actresses don't agree to play in such "obscene" scenes? :P

whoopeewui

the same line

Post by whoopeewui » Feb 18th, '08, 04:06

ive noticed int he more "recent" dramas.. say past 3-4 years the leads will ALWAYS use the line "just stay by my side". OMG. it's like awww~ but then its like sooo predictable now it's ridiculous

harharpan

Post by harharpan » Feb 20th, '08, 18:18

lol yeah the k-drama stereotypes.. You either love them or hate them.

mitch16

Post by mitch16 » Mar 8th, '08, 04:55

i alwys noticed that scenes in most dramas were in that "famous bridge", jeju island, a park w/ cherry blossoms...on and on!

Angelique

Post by Angelique » May 12th, '08, 17:31

Sakari wrote:EDIT 2007-10-30: As of recently, an advertisement seems to appear as part of every message that is first on its page. As I do not like this, and as this was such a post, I deleted the contents (I don't know how to delete the post itself.)
OMG........ No comments.

yobuseyo

Post by yobuseyo » May 14th, '08, 16:48

kobe23 wrote:
pullen wrote:If these wasn't said before there is also the obligatory man getting wet in shower scene when troubled!
Man getting wet in shower scene is the very reason why I watch k-dramas.

Wait.......scratch that.

I was skimming through the first episode of Que Sera Sera and would you believe it? Eric Mun getting wet in the shower! Seriously that happens in just about every 2nd k-drama I've seen. Why is there never a female getting wet in shower scene? The only one that even remotely comes close is Lee Da Hae in My Girl.
maybe not korean drama but ariel lin does that scene in iswak!

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 14th, '08, 19:09

- Cool guys always swim. A swimming scene is a must.
- Rich people always play golf or tennis. Mostly golf.
- in romantic comedies there is a scene when guy leans towards girl and she thinks he is gonna kiss her but instead he just takes something from behind her of from her side.
- in serious dramas everyone wants to be rich.
- poor mothers are violent an drich motehrs are fragile like angels. Or then poor mothers are sick and rich ones are always angry and cold.
- old peopls always fall sick when main character is in a pinch of moeny or things just go bad. Tehn they need an operation...
- after main characters have met up first time they met second time. Semeone usually introduces them. Then it's always the same scene:
"OH!"
"OH!"
"You!"
"are you..."(it's always hukshii, dunno how to spell it right)
"Have you two met before"
"No!"
"No!"
Later main girl and her freidn have discussion
"So he was 50 cents, bad luck, rapist or some other stupid nickname?"
"yeah"
-`poor´ parents own a ramen restaurant.

abel nightroad

Post by abel nightroad » May 17th, '08, 14:52

The lead guy carries the lead lady on the back...

One, two or so things are world/international class/famous (athlete, artist, painter, company, musician, etc.)
Last edited by abel nightroad on May 21st, '08, 09:55, edited 2 times in total.

alchocoholic80

Post by alchocoholic80 » May 18th, '08, 22:03

1) You can always count on the best friend of the (usually female) lead character to blab and say something he/she is not supposed to and they usually do it unknowingly while trying to figure something out and talking to themselves in the presence of another person

2) The characters have their cellphones with them at all times except when that all important call is coming in. It will be sitting on the table or dresser in the bedroom.

3) Someone will get wrongfully accused (again, usually the female lead) but they stay quiet and take the verbal abuse hurled at them.

4) Anytime the lead character is feeling down and out, he/she will walk along the busy sidewalk in a daze and everyone walking in the opposite direction will bump into his/her shoulder but avoid everyone else :blink

albertjlee

Post by albertjlee » Jun 6th, '08, 19:28

It's a culture thing. everything pretty much happens except the romance/disease/supernatural crap everyday. The social classes are pretty accurate.

Dancethewarrior

Post by Dancethewarrior » Jun 18th, '08, 22:09

Xi@h wrote:
hebiko wrote:

I wish they even learn something from those Universities >.< most of them have the WORST english accent and they even say that they've stayed in an english speaking country for years
Hahaha!! So true!! If they have live in an English-speaking Country for years, that's mean their English accent has to be quite good!! Some of them speaks like its their first time speaking English!
Except Lee So Young from Spring Waltz, she speaks very well though the accent :P
Right, and in I'm Sorry, I Love You, So Ji Sup's character supposedly grew up in Australia and he didn't know any Korean...

Shindo Hikaru

Post by Shindo Hikaru » Jul 13th, '08, 07:28

i first noticed that in some k drama's, spring waltx and 9 ends 2 out, they use fake glasses. When i first noticed it i cracked up laughing and now i can't help staring at the glasses to determine if it's fake or not.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 13th, '08, 08:07

Shindo Hikaru wrote:i first noticed that in some k drama's, spring waltx and 9 ends 2 out, they use fake glasses. When i first noticed it i cracked up laughing and now i can't help staring at the glasses to determine if it's fake or not.
That's a entertainment industry thing in general. Every country uses fake glasses when the character is supposed to wear them. Often, even when the actors DOES wear glasses in real life, they make them wear contacts and the glasses are still fake.
I mean you can't be making the actors blind by making them wear prescription glasses when they don't need them.