Palace / Goong (MBC, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
H2O

Post by H2O » Jan 7th, '07, 00:37

songjimin wrote::cheers: hey everyone.. can anyone givepictures of Lee Shin and Shin ChaE kyeong together... i just need it.. please.. give me some when you have a time! thanks!! :thumright: :thumleft: :D
There are other pictures here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_30319_195.htm. :thumright:
Here are the pictures (they are NOT PSed, so I'm told :lol ):
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Elle Girl Feb 2006 :wub:
[img]http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8312 ... irlcs1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5137 ... irlmi8.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/984/ ... irlig5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/1387 ... irljh3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9188 ... irley3.jpg[/img]

chinchinlag

Post by chinchinlag » Jan 7th, '07, 10:41

Guyz, when du u tnk goong 2 can b fnished??? I'm so excited about it! I really cn't w8 about when can I watch it! I really love the characters,,, hmm..

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Jan 7th, '07, 10:50

first and foremost, anyeong to all! :lol and frankly speaking, i really admired chae-kyung, when she told yul that she'll still love shin even in 2.5 million years time. its amazing that she can love someone who's so mean and coldhearted. and yet, she still manages to do that. but after all, shin wasnt what he was on the outside. he's someone who's very warm in the inside. how lovely :wub: :mrgreen:

chinchinlag

Post by chinchinlag » Jan 7th, '07, 10:58

Me! I love goong verry much! and I really love yul! aww... really cute and also has a very nice voice... and also love his songs!

hail

Post by hail » Jan 7th, '07, 13:05

weee... i also love this drama very much!!! can't wait for the second season... but it makes me wonder what will be the new plot...

veracious

Post by veracious » Jan 8th, '07, 15:55

deathviasatellite wrote: nope, i'm fine with region 1 stuff since I have a region free dvd player, it's just that on yesasia's FAQ it says that the US version k-drama DVDs are only licensed in the US so aren't available on the global site :glare:
I see what you mean now. I tried to add it on my shopping cart and it did that but then I was apparently surfing the NA version of the site and I had to "fly back" to Global version and then it says it isn't available ther! This is such a bother. Bleh. I may have to do what you're planning, getting it via an American friend but I always hate to ask favors like this - the DVDs are quite expensive, even if I was to pay them back immediately.

Will have to see. If desperate I suppose I can get the Malaysian DVD, the subs are good on it, I hear.

perkins

Post by perkins » Jan 9th, '07, 06:46

ei guyz, read this article. wow. i thought kdrama are just famous here in asia, but it seems that it's getting attention all over the world.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/59075/mad ... cess-hours

hLiwOo

Post by hLiwOo » Jan 9th, '07, 21:03

i love seven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxlazixxx

Post by xxxlazixxx » Jan 9th, '07, 22:51

any1 no dat excalt date wen goong s or goong 2 is coming out? i reali want to watch both, but i want to watch goong 2 more!! lol :wub:

orangeinsanity

Post by orangeinsanity » Jan 9th, '07, 22:56

strawberrie1210 wrote:first and foremost, anyeong to all! :lol and frankly speaking, i really admired chae-kyung, when she told yul that she'll still love shin even in 2.5 million years time. its amazing that she can love someone who's so mean and coldhearted. and yet, she still manages to do that. but after all, shin wasnt what he was on the outside. he's someone who's very warm in the inside. how lovely :wub: :mrgreen:
I totally agree, that was so cute of her!
I just recently finished watching Goong and its definitely on my favourite list, Im excited to see season two. :cheers:

xxxlazixxx

Post by xxxlazixxx » Jan 11th, '07, 23:13

goong S is on youtube if anyone wants to watch(no subbs yet though)

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Jan 12th, '07, 09:39

now that goong S is out will the autual Goong 2 be out?? Anyone??=

swit_thng

Post by swit_thng » Jan 12th, '07, 14:18

princess hours is doing great in the philippines.. i assume.. hehe coz abs only shows about 10 mins per episode and the rest are commercials, to think that it should be a 30-min show.. sad thing though, they had cut several parts.. ive been taking note of those.. hehe but still, great drama.. troy is sooo lovable!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

akamaru

Post by akamaru » Jan 12th, '07, 14:35

swit_thng wrote:princess hours is doing great in the philippines.. i assume.. hehe coz abs only shows about 10 mins per episode and the rest are commercials, to think that it should be a 30-min show.. sad thing though, they had cut several parts.. ive been taking note of those.. hehe but still, great drama.. troy is sooo lovable!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
yeah troy or yul is so lovable.although shin and chae-gyung look cute together!haha..really?they cut some parts?aahh..i better buy a copy of goong.i hope it has good subtitles..because when i bought a copy of my girl,the subs are bad.anyway, i'll still continue to watch it on tv... :D

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Jan 12th, '07, 15:40

swit_thng wrote:princess hours is doing great in the philippines.. i assume.. hehe coz abs only shows about 10 mins per episode and the rest are commercials, to think that it should be a 30-min show.. sad thing though, they had cut several parts.. ive been taking note of those.. hehe but still, great drama.. troy is sooo lovable!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
yup definitely agree with you! :-( some scenes were cutted. but to think of it some of those scenes are unnessarry to the story. i just hate the fact that its almost all ads and not the show at all.

swit_thng

Post by swit_thng » Jan 12th, '07, 16:00

akamaru wrote:
yeah troy or yul is so lovable.although shin and chae-gyung look cute together!haha..really?they cut some parts?aahh..i better buy a copy of goong.i hope it has good subtitles..because when i bought a copy of my girl,the subs are bad.anyway, i'll still continue to watch it on tv... :D
i already have my copy! and the subs are really bad.. i even boguht a second one but end up with bad subs again..end result: i downloaded the drama here..hehe but my friend was able to buy a copy with good subs and with the special episode and also with soundtrack..i wonder where she bought her copy.. i suggest that when you are going to buy ur dvd, dont buy the one that is enclosed in plastic..i mean tagalugin ko ha..hehe ung mejo malaki xa tas nakasuksok lng ung dvd sa parang maliit na cd case.. gets? bilhin mo ung naka-box..ung dvd nia ung nilalagay nlng sa lalagyan..just like any other dvd or cd.. i feel that those kinds of dvd have good subs.. thats all.. hope that helps :mrgreen:

swit_thng

Post by swit_thng » Jan 12th, '07, 16:08

cutekid wrote:
yup definitely agree with you! :-( some scenes were cutted. but to think of it some of those scenes are unnessarry to the story. i just hate the fact that its almost all ads and not the show at all.
but in some way it is good news because that means that princess hours is really doing good..also abs earns more..with that, maybe they can bring the cast here in the philippines..hehe just like LDW, right? :mrgreen:

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Jan 12th, '07, 16:53

yup! i think you're right there. they can bring the cast here with the money they earn from those advertisers.

akamaru

Post by akamaru » Jan 13th, '07, 08:28

swit_thng wrote: i suggest that when you are going to buy ur dvd, dont buy the one that is enclosed in plastic..i mean tagalugin ko ha..hehe ung mejo malaki xa tas nakasuksok lng ung dvd sa parang maliit na cd case.. gets? bilhin mo ung naka-box..ung dvd nia ung nilalagay nlng sa lalagyan..just like any other dvd or cd.. i feel that those kinds of dvd have good subs.. thats all.. hope that helps :mrgreen:
yup i know what you mean...thanks for the advice... :mrgreen:

sometimes it's so dissapointing that there are too many ads..well, that's the business eh..that's how they earn money.if they bring the whole cast in the philippines, it would be like when F4 went here..many people were so ecstatic.. :w00t:

dondale14

Post by dondale14 » Jan 14th, '07, 00:59

swit_thng wrote:
akamaru wrote:
i already have my copy! and the subs are really bad.. i even boguht a second one but end up with bad subs again..end result: i downloaded the drama here..hehe but my friend was able to buy a copy with good subs and with the special episode and also with soundtrack..i wonder where she bought her copy.. i suggest that when you are going to buy ur dvd, dont buy the one that is enclosed in plastic..i mean tagalugin ko ha..hehe ung mejo malaki xa tas nakasuksok lng ung dvd sa parang maliit na cd case.. gets? bilhin mo ung naka-box..ung dvd nia ung nilalagay nlng sa lalagyan..just like any other dvd or cd.. i feel that those kinds of dvd have good subs.. thats all.. hope that helps :mrgreen:

u can get very good copies of korean dvds at yesasia.com though the price is about 4thousand plus that's free of delivery anywhere..i got mine and i'm really satisfied with it..also you can purchase princess hours soundtrack..they have 2 available soundtracks for princess hours... :-) one cones with the music video of perhaps love :D

fritzie3625

Post by fritzie3625 » Jan 16th, '07, 03:05

Hi there!! I love Princess Hours too!! Grabe!! Im so addicted! Napanood ko ito noon pang pinapalabas yung My Girl dito sa Pinas, super tinext ko kaagad yung friend ko from abs to ask kung nakuha nila yung Princess Hours, and buti nalang ayan pinapalabas na nga nila ngaun!.. I love shin goon!! (prince gian).. at first parang weird yung character nia, but eventually you'll get to understand bakit paiba iba cia ng emotions.. hayyy.. such a prince charming tlg.. let's keep on watching Princess Hours!! :wub:

[img]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k278/ ... _172_7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k278/ ... f12323.jpg[/img]

fritzie3625

Post by fritzie3625 » Jan 16th, '07, 03:05

Hi there!! I love Princess Hours too!! Grabe!! Im so addicted! Napanood ko ito noon pang pinapalabas yung My Girl dito sa Pinas, super tinext ko kaagad yung friend ko from abs to ask kung nakuha nila yung Princess Hours, and buti nalang ayan pinapalabas na nga nila ngaun!.. I love shin goon!! (prince gian).. at first parang weird yung character nia, but eventually you'll get to understand bakit paiba iba cia ng emotions.. hayyy.. such a prince charming tlg.. let's keep on watching Princess Hours!! :wub:

[img]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k278/ ... _172_7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k278/ ... f12323.jpg[/img]

blzr_tp_07

Post by blzr_tp_07 » Jan 17th, '07, 15:43

I LOVED GOONG. IT WAS A GREAT DRAMA, EVEN THOUGH I DONT UNDERSTAND KOREAN, I WATCHED IT WITH THE SUB ENG.

[img]http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/989/010ld.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/m ... py13ns.jpg[/img]

wnndy

Post by wnndy » Jan 17th, '07, 15:58

i LOVED goong..

psyche_gurl

Post by psyche_gurl » Jan 22nd, '07, 10:41

Hey guys!!

New here!

Hope you can help me download the goong 1.5 special. Do we have it here in the site? Been trying to find it. With english subtitles please...really like to see it!!!!

Thanks!!

fritzie3625

Post by fritzie3625 » Jan 24th, '07, 07:05

hi there! yes, there are goong 1.5 videos available for download in youtube.. they have english subs.. Joo Ji Hoon is really hoottt, cute and adorable!

[img]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k278/ ... enlgh9.jpg[/img]

psyche_gurl

Post by psyche_gurl » Jan 26th, '07, 01:08

Thanks!!! Really excited to go see the videos! :)

wnndy

Post by wnndy » Jan 27th, '07, 20:38

fritzie3625 wrote:Joo Ji Hoon is really hoottt, cute and adorable!
and attractive and sexyyy :wub:

Linh[hyd=3]

Post by Linh[hyd=3] » Jan 30th, '07, 18:29

I saw the 1st episod yesterday.....I hope next episode will be better than the 1st ! because it was so boring that it made me sleeping..................................................... but you seem to love Goong, so this evening i'll try to watch episod2, just for having a better look at this drama ...

AngelSerenityPrincess

Post by AngelSerenityPrincess » Feb 2nd, '07, 09:11

People from the Philipines can i ask what days does Princess Hours shows?
and how many new episode ABS shows each weak?
please and thank you
also is there any place where i can order the manga of Princess Hours?

akamaru

Post by akamaru » Feb 2nd, '07, 11:31

AngelSerenityPrincess wrote:People from the Philipines can i ask what days does Princess Hours shows?
and how many new episode ABS shows each weak?
please and thank you
also is there any place where i can order the manga of Princess Hours?
Princess Hours is shown here from monday to thursday at 10:30 pm...i think they show one episode per week... :-)

rikka_chalaine

Post by rikka_chalaine » Feb 7th, '07, 10:54

hi there..! im a newbie here.. im really addicted to Princess Hours..!!! In fact, my friends call me CRAZY bcoz of being so addicted to the series..!!!
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (2.33 KiB) Viewed 4245 times

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Feb 8th, '07, 02:29

Goong was a bit long for my taste, along with a few other things, but I enjoyed it overall.

azndaydreamer

Post by azndaydreamer » Feb 8th, '07, 02:37

Eziya Minamoto wrote: Goong was a bit long for my taste, along with a few other things, but I enjoyed it overall.
I thought so too, which is why I liked HYD: short and to the point.

By the way, does the drama follow the manhwa closely? I've been wondering to read it or not.

AngelSerenityPrincess

Post by AngelSerenityPrincess » Feb 8th, '07, 07:39

azndaydreamer wrote:
Eziya Minamoto wrote: Goong was a bit long for my taste, along with a few other things, but I enjoyed it overall.

By the way, does the drama follow the manhwa closely? I've been wondering to read it or not.

Yes it follows the manhwa but the manhwa is not even done yet
it stop when there having the interview live when Chae is going to say
that there going to get Divorce the only thing different in the manhwa is that
Chae brother falls in love with hyorin also the one servant that
they made as a main charater thats mostly it but over all its the same story
line if you really like the drama but did not read the manga then i suggest just sick
with the Video its all the same heheheeh <3

rikka_chalaine

Post by rikka_chalaine » Feb 11th, '07, 07:19

AngelSerenityPrincess wrote:
azndaydreamer wrote:

Yes it follows the manhwa but the manhwa is not even done yet
it stop when there having the interview live when Chae is going to say
that there going to get Divorce the only thing different in the manhwa is that
Chae brother falls in love with hyorin also the one servant that
they made as a main charater thats mostly it but over all its the same story
line if you really like the drama but did not read the manga then i suggest just sick
with the Video its all the same heheheeh <3
does really the brother of chae falls for hyo rin in the manhwa? can't beliv.. bcoz from the series, the brother of chae is too young for hyo rin.. hehehe...

aquala

My Goong Review

Post by aquala » Feb 11th, '07, 18:55

Hi everyone, I just finished watching Goong last night. I wasn't impressed I must say. Mainly, like everyone else mentioned, the length of the show is the biggest problem. Especially with the last few episodes, the plot was insignificant and diluted. They should have just ended it when Hyorin left for overseas, or when Shin finally confesses his true feelings for Chaegyung.
The overall story (i.e. Shin-Chaegyung-Yul-Hyorin love quadrangle) had potential of being really good, except that the writers dragged the story on and on, making me feel less sympathetic and indifferent towards the characters as the plot progressed. In the end, I was rooting for Chaegyung and Yul to be together just to spice things up and keep myself optimistic that something interesting would happen...but no...the ending was predictable.

Also, I didn't like how the show ended in Macau with them getting married again. They could've at least invited the entire royal family + Chaegyung's family to Macau to celebrate...but instead it was a boring private ceremony. I was looking forward to an ending where the royal family would be happy together, but unfortunately, they ended up spreading all the characters to different parts of the world.

The ending confused me too (maybe due to the mediocre subbing). Why was the princess sent overseas? I didn't see how that would improve the Prince's or the royal family's situation. If anything, maybe the prince should be sent away, since he was taking all the blame for the fire.

Did anyone else not like the grandmother? I mean she's a sweet character, but everytime she was in a scene, she spoke SO SLOWLY, and all the other characters who were in the same scene would speak as slowly.......dragging on the story. I actually dreaded the scenes with the royal family where they talked about the latest scandals between the prince and princess.....the dialogue wasn't very interesting.

My favourite episode (yes, I actually do have one!) was probably when Shin went to stay over and Chaegyung's house for a few nights. It was an entertaining (cute + funny) episode. Other things I did like: beautiful sets and costumes....they did a good job with that. I also liked the music, except for the celtic-ish songs. I thought it was a strange fit to use celtic jigs here and there (or maybe I'm wrong and Korean traditional music is like that) but I got used to it, although it was annoying and weird at first lol.
Overall, if they improve the writing for Goong 2, cut down the # of episodes to 16, tighten up the plot, and hopefully cut out the grandmother's character too (sorry folks!) I think I will like it a lot better. My rating for Goong if I had to give it one would be 5/10. Compared to My Girl and Full House which I enjoyed tremendously, Goong is a long way from being one of my favourites.

Murasaki81

@aquala

Post by Murasaki81 » Feb 17th, '07, 19:12

wow, i'm always amazed how opinions can differ so much. i agree that korean dramas have the problem with their length which makes them draggy but goong is by far pretty well off in comparison to other kdramas. i seriously think you should get a better subtitled version as all your questions will be answered then. as for the grandma, she's one of my fave characters. she's really great. if you would learn a bit more about royal families, their times, behavior and such, you'd know that their acting was very well done. royal families as you can maybe see in movies or read in books have their own way of speaking. it would have been strange and unfitting if they'd speak like commoners.

Eziya Minamoto

Re: My Goong Review

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Feb 18th, '07, 03:22

aquala wrote:Hi everyone, I just finished watching Goong last night. I wasn't impressed I must say. Mainly, like everyone else mentioned, the length of the show is the biggest problem. Especially with the last few episodes, the plot was insignificant and diluted. They should have just ended it when Hyorin left for overseas, or when Shin finally confesses his true feelings for Chaegyung.
The overall story (i.e. Shin-Chaegyung-Yul-Hyorin love quadrangle) had potential of being really good, except that the writers dragged the story on and on, making me feel less sympathetic and indifferent towards the characters as the plot progressed. In the end, I was rooting for Chaegyung and Yul to be together just to spice things up and keep myself optimistic that something interesting would happen...but no...the ending was predictable.

Also, I didn't like how the show ended in Macau with them getting married again. They could've at least invited the entire royal family + Chaegyung's family to Macau to celebrate...but instead it was a boring private ceremony. I was looking forward to an ending where the royal family would be happy together, but unfortunately, they ended up spreading all the characters to different parts of the world.

The ending confused me too (maybe due to the mediocre subbing). Why was the princess sent overseas? I didn't see how that would improve the Prince's or the royal family's situation. If anything, maybe the prince should be sent away, since he was taking all the blame for the fire.

Did anyone else not like the grandmother? I mean she's a sweet character, but everytime she was in a scene, she spoke SO SLOWLY, and all the other characters who were in the same scene would speak as slowly.......dragging on the story. I actually dreaded the scenes with the royal family where they talked about the latest scandals between the prince and princess.....the dialogue wasn't very interesting.

My favourite episode (yes, I actually do have one!) was probably when Shin went to stay over and Chaegyung's house for a few nights. It was an entertaining (cute + funny) episode. Other things I did like: beautiful sets and costumes....they did a good job with that. I also liked the music, except for the celtic-ish songs. I thought it was a strange fit to use celtic jigs here and there (or maybe I'm wrong and Korean traditional music is like that) but I got used to it, although it was annoying and weird at first lol.
Overall, if they improve the writing for Goong 2, cut down the # of episodes to 16, tighten up the plot, and hopefully cut out the grandmother's character too (sorry folks!) I think I will like it a lot better. My rating for Goong if I had to give it one would be 5/10. Compared to My Girl and Full House which I enjoyed tremendously, Goong is a long way from being one of my favourites.
I thought it was all in my head when they spoke so slowly! It drove me crazy for the first few eps. I did enjoy the grandmother though, especially when she'd burst out laughing, but then tried to look dignified. I also enjoyed the My Name is Kim Sam Soon cameo when she was watching t.v.
The part that drove me the craziest was the end when she found out she was pregnant...That was a bit too random. I'm still wondering when they actually slept together...

Also with the ending theme pretty much condensing everything that took place after the wedding. You think they would have shown more after 24 eps. Personally, if they were going to drag on the plot so much, they should have tied some loose ends.

BTW, the Princess was sent overseas to try to keep the scandal from boiling over more, but in the end, everybody just seperated...

Pinkutora

Post by Pinkutora » Feb 18th, '07, 04:02

I thought I was the only thought that the Goong was so long and dragging.. It seemed so popular among everyone.. Well I have to admit, the story line wasn't bad.. I liked it a lot when I first started to watch it.. but in the middle I just want the both of them to confess and get on with the story.. Episodes after episodes with no progress at all.. My gosh.. I think it took me a few days to actually finish the last few episodes.. I wish the next one is short and sweet with love actually developing and not just out of no where happen.. If you know wat I mean..

Did any of you watch Goong S? I just started to watch it, but I got a little confused because I kinda reference back to Goong and don't know who is who..

tsukia

Post by tsukia » Feb 18th, '07, 04:33

Well, I loved Goong. I think I didn't mind the "long way to go" of this 24 episodes 'cause it reminded me of the manhwa, which I also loved. I was just so happy to see real people interpretating it that I went all smiles through all epis. I can understand what you said about wanting them to confess, but at some point I really didn't even think that was necessary... but anyway, that's it! ^^'

Oh, and I hated the plot of Goong S... I won't watch it x.x~

Murasaki81

Post by Murasaki81 » Feb 18th, '07, 09:53

Pinkutora wrote:I thought I was the only thought that the Goong was so long and dragging.. It seemed so popular among everyone.. Well I have to admit, the story line wasn't bad.. I liked it a lot when I first started to watch it.. but in the middle I just want the both of them to confess and get on with the story.. Episodes after episodes with no progress at all.. My gosh.. I think it took me a few days to actually finish the last few episodes.. I wish the next one is short and sweet with love actually developing and not just out of no where happen.. If you know wat I mean..

Did any of you watch Goong S? I just started to watch it, but I got a little confused because I kinda reference back to Goong and don't know who is who..
i started watching goong s but it seriously can't compare to goong. it's not very interesting and i just can't bring myself to like se7en and i don't like the character he's playing either. way to conceited and all those stupid phrases about men he's always spouting. very annoying. i'd rather see goong 2. btw goong s has nothing to do with goong. it's a story on its own.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 18th, '07, 11:42

I'm glad there are people other than me who feels Goong S is overrated. I don't really hate it but I agree that the story isn't so interesting. The only thing that kept me watching is Heo Yi Jae's character as the palace maid. She is the only likable character in my opinion. The others are too irritating.

goddessrin

Post by goddessrin » Feb 19th, '07, 22:37

Sorry but I feel that Goong was the overrated one. If anything Goong S is underrated judging by its actual tv ratings. It's a good show. Goong, however, has a host of problems, as many have outlined here. It was far too long, the ending was a big let down, the drama dragged etc etc. The most thing I didn't like was CG and Shin's relationship, which I actually talk about on my lj here: http://tryxkittie.livejournal.com/77057.html. There were obviously good things that I absolutely loved about it, but all in all, I feel like I wouldn't watch Goong again any time soon.

fritzie3625

Post by fritzie3625 » Feb 20th, '07, 01:41

well, its interesting to know that people here have different views about Goong.. but for me, its my favorite.. i think Ive watched it more than 10 times and keep on watching it whenever I miss them.. I love the characters played by Joo Ji Hoon and Yoon Eun Hye, they are adorable.. as for Goong S, I think the story is bit confusing, seems like the production team still dnt know how they like the story to develop.. the characters are lame and dont show much emotions.. everytime I get to watch it, i can feel that there's something missing, it lack something

enya22

Post by enya22 » Feb 22nd, '07, 14:35

I heard that there will be Goong 2, is that true? Does anyone here heard about it? Well if it is, just can't wait to watch it. I just hope that they retain the original cast especially Yoon Eun Hye and Joo Ji Hoon, love them both!!! :wub:

rikka_chalaine

Post by rikka_chalaine » Feb 25th, '07, 05:47

well, for me, goong is still the best koean drama i saw..!! I understand the criticism of others because we have our own opinion..

ariescelestial

Post by ariescelestial » Feb 27th, '07, 14:15

goddessrin wrote:The most thing I didn't like was CG and Shin's relationship, which I actually talk about on my lj here: http://tryxkittie.livejournal.com/77057.html.
I've read it, and I just about disagree with everything that's written in that LJ entry. (Mainly because when it comes to love, Shin and CG may be total dickheads, and they need shoves, instead of pushes, to reach a certain level that they've both achieved in the finale of the series, but I have no clue whatsoever on where all that... rant about abusive relationships or whatever comes from, especially when we're talking about nineteen year olds who're barely out of school and has only recently begun to adapt into their lives as *adults*. When Shin proposed to her the second time, he wants a marriage formed out of love - cheesy, but the man's smitten and crazy in love, and he fully knows it, I'll give him that. I don't know about you, but I certainly can't picture them going back to their bickering roots in the beginnning - to do so is to basically disregard the entire point of the series.

Paula_Elena

Post by Paula_Elena » Mar 3rd, '07, 23:24

Anyone know if the songs in Goong´s Ost have PVs?

If they do, where can I download them?

Thank you very much!

veracious

Post by veracious » Mar 4th, '07, 09:55

Goong is my first dorama... It's sort of difficult to reply to criticisms except for the ones I agree with - the length does make it drag. I mean, which of us fans rewatches all the annoyingly long Yul-and-Yul's-mom-and-Hyorin-plot-against-Shin/CG scenes? Nobody. They're dull and repeatitive.

But what I can really appreciate, besides loving the couple in this drama and the comedy and the wonderful emotional scenes, is the level of production on Goong. I finally watched Goong 1.5 and besides the fangirly notions (eee, JJH is adorable! And omg the Queen's actress is laidback and made a few REALLY funny jokes, loved her), I really paid attention to the complicated filming process, the length of it and the great effort that was put into this drama in all accounts - costumes, sets, special effects.

goddessrin, I read your LJ entry and can somewhat agree to your thoughts on ISWAK. But sorry, for Goong, I loved it all. :)

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Mar 4th, '07, 15:20

veracious wrote:Goong is my first dorama... It's sort of difficult to reply to criticisms except for the ones I agree with - the length does make it drag. I mean, which of us fans rewatches all the annoyingly long Yul-and-Yul's-mom-and-Hyorin-plot-against-Shin/CG scenes? Nobody. They're dull and repeatitive.

But what I can really appreciate, besides loving the couple in this drama and the comedy and the wonderful emotional scenes, is the level of production on Goong. I finally watched Goong 1.5 and besides the fangirly notions (eee, JJH is adorable! And omg the Queen's actress is laidback and made a few REALLY funny jokes, loved her), I really paid attention to the complicated filming process, the length of it and the great effort that was put into this drama in all accounts - costumes, sets, special effects.

goddessrin, I read your LJ entry and can somewhat agree to your thoughts on ISWAK. But sorry, for Goong, I loved it all. :)
I totally agree with that...Those scenes drove me absolutely insane...Especially how whenever Yul's mom suggested something, things just got worse.

However, even though I do agree with some of the views about slightly abusive relationships, although I know it wasn't to such an extreme. Maybe he'll stop since he does realize how much he cares for her, or else all those eps were just a waste.

I also watched Goong 1.5 and it made appreciate the efforts that went into Goong a bit more. I just hated how the actors said they would be in Goong 2, just for that to change at the last minute later on.

Natsu-chan

Post by Natsu-chan » Mar 4th, '07, 15:52

Can anyone pm me on where I can find the manhwa? I've been desperately looking for it!

kampupot

Post by kampupot » Mar 9th, '07, 03:49

I love Goong so much.
Will never tired of watching this repeatedly.

Inthira

:+: About Goong's actress:+:

Post by Inthira » Mar 11th, '07, 06:22

I would like to know, Who is Chae gyung's teacher in the palace?

I'm not sure she is Hun Da Jang in A love to Kill or not?

Please, tell me??

Thanks a lot..

Kob Kun Ka :mrgreen:

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Mar 12th, '07, 01:32

D: i dont like this drama... its so slow and boring (im on episode 6) does it get any better?

j88zero

Post by j88zero » Mar 12th, '07, 01:44

it is pretty long i guess 24 episodes.. what dont you like about the drama though? well...just hang in there and try to finsh watching it, it mite be better than you expect it to be

Anone

Post by Anone » Mar 13th, '07, 02:38

Anyone knows where to get the torrent for Palace S ep03 by Sun???
The only version available on d-addicts is 'aLive'.
Currently i'm stuck on ep02 coz this ep03 is missing. Help anyone?
Btw, I'm not using clubbox.

EDIT: Damn it, wrong post. This is Goong 1st season. My bad everyone :cry:

queequeg

Post by queequeg » Mar 13th, '07, 17:55

Hi! I finally finished watching Goong today. I had heard so much about it . I really liked it. It was one of those series I couldn't wait to get back to. I didn't really mind the length (however, I did find myself fast forwarding through the parts with Chaegyoung's annoying family). I'd say in this genre it comes in second after Fullhouse ( Ji-Euhn was alot less whiny, and pouty than Chaegyoung and much more likeable).

But I have a question

What was the prince Chaegyoung's ages? I know the subtitles kept saying they were 19. Nevermind that most of the time Chaegyoung acted like she was 12 (calling for her mommy way too much). But they also were supposed to be in high school, no? And they kept saying they were underage. Is it cultural? Is the manwha different? It just seems alot of the situations would have fit a couple of high school age kids better than college kids.

Lindelle

none

Post by Lindelle » Mar 14th, '07, 03:43

Cool.. how do I download this series?

SharArandia

Post by SharArandia » Mar 16th, '07, 02:27

This was actually my 2nd Korean drama, Autumn in my Heart was my first. I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch it because I don't know if other people decide on a drama by the title-but that's how I work. 'Goong' didn't sound appealing, but I was in a slump of dramas and decided to give it a watch.

I'm glad I did! Sure KJH is much more cuter than JJH - but the connection JJH and YEH had on screen really captured me. I do have to point out that last 4 episodes weren't needed...they were a drag! Originally there weren't suppose to be those extra 4 episodes, but since Goong became so popular; the writers decided to extend it a bit. Bad move in my point.., overall opinion: a worth-while K-Drama to watch. :P

bean

Post by bean » Mar 21st, '07, 15:38

I think its the different ppl....

Coz they dont look alike.. :lol

Inthira

Post by Inthira » Mar 24th, '07, 14:24

bean wrote:I think its the different ppl....

Coz they dont look alike.. :lol

:roll I just guess..

I saw them in the different time.

moreover Thanks alot for your opinion.. :P

bean

Post by bean » Mar 24th, '07, 17:54

Welcome ^ ^

ash515

Princess Hours

Post by ash515 » Mar 30th, '07, 11:47

I've been looking for Princess Hours but no luck.Is it available in D-A??
If the torrent exist,can someone point me the link?

caselyn

Post by caselyn » Mar 30th, '07, 12:13

how can i see the movie? princess hors?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 31st, '07, 04:52

the torrents for the video files of Goong (aka Princess Hours) have been removed from this site. you can read this thread for more info. and here is a list of the licensed dramas, all of which have been removed.

ClockwiseStir

Post by ClockwiseStir » Apr 7th, '07, 06:16

oh no... thats sad.. is there any other way to download the series?

SoVerySleepie

Post by SoVerySleepie » Apr 8th, '07, 06:26

I'm not sure if it will work, but try this site:

http://www.idols-unlimited.com/princess-hours

I downloaded Goong 1.5 (Special) from there, though, it's kinda funky o_O

wuff

Post by wuff » Apr 8th, '07, 06:51

Thanks the link!!! :lol It is a very useful site. :D Thanks!

Sherica

Post by Sherica » Apr 10th, '07, 02:14

Any updates about the Goong season 2?

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Apr 10th, '07, 02:21

season 2 isnt going to come out till the end of '07. prolly around like aug-dec. until then we'll prolly get some more news on it. cant wait! :)

Sherica

Post by Sherica » Apr 10th, '07, 02:28

Murasaki81 wrote:
Pinkutora wrote:I thought I was the only thought that the Goong was so long and dragging.. It seemed so popular among everyone.. Well I have to admit, the story line wasn't bad.. I liked it a lot when I first started to watch it.. but in the middle I just want the both of them to confess and get on with the story.. Episodes after episodes with no progress at all.. My gosh.. I think it took me a few days to actually finish the last few episodes.. I wish the next one is short and sweet with love actually developing and not just out of no where happen.. If you know wat I mean..

i started watching goong s but it seriously can't compare to goong. it's not very interesting and i just can't bring myself to like se7en and i don't like the character he's playing either. way to conceited and all those stupid phrases about men he's always spouting. very annoying. i'd rather see goong 2. btw goong s has nothing to do with goong. it's a story on its own.
I must agree. I dont like the story of Goong S. and I dont like the characters either. They're just annoying for me. Nothing interesting.

Sherica

Post by Sherica » Apr 10th, '07, 02:30

kurodreams wrote:season 2 isnt going to come out till the end of '07. prolly around like aug-dec. until then we'll prolly get some more news on it. cant wait! :)
Aww so its confirmed that there is Goong 2 ? With the same characters?

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Apr 10th, '07, 04:50

yea and i think se7en going to be in the second season too. but hes a differ character, nothing to do with kang hoo in goong s =]

Sherica

Post by Sherica » Apr 10th, '07, 08:03

kurodreams wrote:yea and i think se7en going to be in the second season too. but hes a differ character, nothing to do with kang hoo in goong s =]
AWW cool then! hahahaha. xD Im really excited seeing JJH and YEH again.