[HKDrama] My Date With A Vampire 3 (ATV, 2004)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

[HKDrama] My Date With A Vampire 3 (ATV, 2004)

Post by creidesca » Oct 31st, '04, 15:22

Since the "discussion" seems to be going on in the torrent comments of the various epi torrents, I felt creating a topic for the series itself would be easier. Not to mention I can update you guys on the status of the translations/subs.

As I know right now, eltinator is working on ep 1, and should be done soon. I already have lyric translations and have already timed it for the 1st ep and now doing the same for ep 2.

I think I'm planning to release the MDWAV3 hardsubbed, therefore, that means you guys would have to red/l again (and it will be in avi format). I'm mainly doing this because many have complained about the tracker of the mpg being on and have trouble d/ling, so might as well post a hardsubbed version using the d-addicts tracker.

julian

Re: HK drama: My Date with a Vampire 3 [discussion]

Post by julian » Oct 31st, '04, 18:00

creidesca wrote: I think I'm planning to release the MDWAV3 hardsubbed, therefore, that means you guys would have to red/l again (and it will be in avi format). I'm mainly doing this because many have complained about the tracker of the mpg being on and have trouble d/ling, so might as well post a hardsubbed version using the d-addicts tracker.
For the sake of their quality, I've been downloading Ep.01, 02 and 03 twice! I don't think it's good idea, encoding MDWAV3 into avi and making everyone re-downloading them again due to the hard-subs! Why don't you just make simple by releasing the soft-sub? Maybe we can save some time and bandwidth for something else? (like re-seeding other series for people out there who've been asking for help!)

We should make a vote for this! But again, thanks for your hard work!

Julian

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Oct 31st, '04, 18:33

Not knowing what formats are available except the ones I've been downloading, mpg with Chinese subs, my suggestion would be a good quality avi with soft subs. I'd be willing to download it another time if I could get a good version.

For now I find I cannot watch the mpg files full screen because the quality is not that good. I have not tried buring the mpg to cd-r to watch on TV because I don't think the quality warrents it and it cannot be improved upon as far as I know.

I'm thankful for any version right now so I can watch it, but would eventually like to get a good quality avi or mpg with English subs, or even a commercial version on DVD with removable Chinese and English subs. Might as well hope for the best if I'm wishing .... right? :)

And to put this into perspective, I bought boxsets of Date 1 and 2 without subtitles because I like the series so much. Knowing that English subs might be available for 3 is heaven!

And .... right now I'm seeding 2 and 4, but most of the peers are in Hong Kong and Asia. there is only one peer in USA and a couple in Canada.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Oct 31st, '04, 19:42

lorac wrote:
For now I find I cannot watch the mpg files full screen because the quality is not that good. I have not tried buring the mpg to cd-r to watch on TV because I don't think the quality warrents it and it cannot be improved upon as far as I know.
Quality not that good? I mean I understand if you were referring to the ep 1-3 that was posted by me, since they were from a different releaser, but the 1's that were posted by bbq (in which the releaser is this 1 person who has encoded their name into the video itself, as can be seen in ep 4-5) are very good. I am able to watch it full screen on my 19" flat screen monitor. I also asked my mom's opinion on the quality, and she says it's very clear.

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Oct 31st, '04, 21:04

I've only watched 1-3 and that is what I'm basing my statements on. If the rest are better, well I'm all for it! Like I said, anything at this point is good :roll

And later .... just watched 4 and 5 . I am looking forward to more episodes. The story is unfolding like a puzzle, and it is all the more complicated by the fact I don't speak Cantonese!

Two things, could someone tell me what the note said (end of ep 5) that made everyone dejected? And .... does Tin Yau and Ma Siu Ling ever get to kiss! Dang .... can't believe the writers did this to us.

Three things actually, what is Wan Tin Chiu's character's name in the anciet part of this drama?

lorac

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 1st, '04, 13:38

lorac wrote:I've only watched 1-3 and that is what I'm basing my statements on. If the rest are better, well I'm all for it! Like I said, anything at this point is good :roll

And later .... just watched 4 and 5 . I am looking forward to more episodes. The story is unfolding like a puzzle, and it is all the more complicated by the fact I don't speak Cantonese!

Two things, could someone tell me what the note said (end of ep 5) that made everyone dejected? And .... does Tin Yau and Ma Siu Ling ever get to kiss! Dang .... can't believe the writers did this to us.

Three things actually, what is Wan Tin Chiu's character's name in the anciet part of this drama?

lorac
lorac, I hope you know there's 2 different versions of the MPG files going around for ep 1-3. The bad quality version (which are posted as torrents at d-addicts), and the good quality version (as good as ep 4-5) that bbq posted in the torrent comments of ep 4.

If I'm not wrong, the letter that had them dejected is because Ngok Fei (that's the general) is being recalled back to the capital. He has been receiving those gold "cards" (there's a better word for this, I just can't think of it at the moment) sent from the emperor demanding he return. I can't recall how many times officials have been sent for him, but you can tell by how many of those "cards" he got. According to what I know, he'll eventually be killed, thanks to one of the officials of the court who I guess you can say concocted the plan and persuaded the emperor to have the general sent home.

I think someone who knows the history better (since the general is a historical figure) can do a better explaination.

Eric's character name in the ancient part of the drama is Jin Tau (anyone want to correct this?)

rainy

Post by rainy » Nov 1st, '04, 14:28

creidesca wrote:
lorac wrote: Two things, could someone tell me what the note said (end of ep 5) that made everyone dejected? And .... does Tin Yau and Ma Siu Ling ever get to kiss! Dang .... can't believe the writers did this to us.

lorac
Eric's character name in the ancient part of the drama is Jin Tau (anyone want to correct this?)
okay.. my mandarin word recognization is not tht good (i never know how to pronounce tin yau real name ) .. if you are asking abt

if you are asking Wan Tin Chiu (actor' s real name? or aka Eric ) = Tin Yau (charc name)
and Tin Yau's charc name in the song dynasty ..

Tin Yau charc name in song dynasty = Jin Tau (cantonese prononuciation) = Jian Tou(mandarin pronounciation)

hopefully i answered the correct person .. :P
---------
oh.. i also find the first 5 episodes must more confusing than the previous part 1 and part2 stories.. not sure if i am going to enjoy this as much as the first 2 series.. :unsure:

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 1st, '04, 14:49

ack, now there's 3 diff versions of the mpg files for 1-3 (and 2 for 4-5) floating on BT! Weird thing is that this 3rd version is smaller in size as compared to the 1st 2 versions...bbq says it's supposedly better? Well, I'll have to see for myself after I finish d/ling this 3rd version (it better not be a waste of my time), especially when ep 6 is supposed to be available soon.

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 1st, '04, 14:51

> the letter that had them dejected is because Ngok Fei (that's the general)

By this character do you mean the Kenneth Chan character, or the guy who became a vampire and in the end of ep 5 was killed by Jin Tau?

I think it was ep 4, when suddenly we were back in current times, was really effective. What a jolt. Here we are watching the myth and suddenly we are seeing what became of some of the characters. This story is so good!

I went to the ATV website yesterday and tried to use babelfish to translate the character names but sometimes it works and sometimes not. It cannot translate Fong Tin Yau correctly. Maybe is could have to do with Cantonese specific characters, as in Wan Tin Chiu's name.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 1st, '04, 15:20

lorac wrote:> the letter that had them dejected is because Ngok Fei (that's the general)

By this character do you mean the Kenneth Chan character, or the guy who became a vampire and in the end of ep 5 was killed by Jin Tau?
Ngok Fei is portrayed by actor Norman Tsui, the character whom soldiers of the Song dynasty respected/bowed down to, including Eric himself. He is the enemy of Dai Gam Gwok, since he is so successful in battle.

rainy

Post by rainy » Nov 1st, '04, 16:00

lorac wrote:>
I went to the ATV website yesterday and tried to use babelfish to translate the character names but sometimes it works and sometimes not. It cannot translate Fong Tin Yau correctly. Maybe is could have to do with Cantonese specific characters, as in Wan Tin Chiu's name.
i am still confused ... who is this Wan Tin Chiu ? i cant find it on the charc list...
do you think you could copy and paste the chinese charc out for me ?

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 1st, '04, 22:32

>Ngok Fei is portrayed by actor Norman Tsui, the character whom soldiers of the Song dynasty respected/bowed down to

Ah yes, somehow I thought he was the emperior ... think I need a character list to keep them all straight. Anyone got one?

> He is the enemy of Dai Gam Gwok, since he is so successful in battle.

and which character is Dai Gam Gwok?

and for the person who wondered about Wan Tin Chiu is, he is the actor who portrays Fong Tin Yau/JinTau. Also from My Date With a Vampire 1 and 2.

http://www.redshift.com/~lorac/achiu.html

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 1st, '04, 23:48

lorac wrote:

and which character is Dai Gam Gwok?
Dai Gam Gwok is the country that the Song Dynasty is at war with.

Okay, and I finished the d/l of the bulk ep 1-5 mpg...at the moment I can't really see a diff in video quality-wise b/w that and the ones released previously by 丁國燊

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 2nd, '04, 00:56

Not sure how much of the 1-5 2 gig I finished today, have not been home yet, but for sure I will download ep 6 tonight! Really looking forward to this.

djnocturnal

Post by djnocturnal » Nov 2nd, '04, 02:04

im fine with the episodes now, since i can understand cantonese and speak it well. so subs or not, doesnt really make a difference to me

rainy

Post by rainy » Nov 2nd, '04, 03:12

lorac wrote: and for the person who wondered about Wan Tin Chiu is, he is the actor who portrays Fong Tin Yau/JinTau. Also from My Date With a Vampire 1 and 2.
尹 天 照 isnt it pronounce as Yi Tin Chiu ? ( Yi Tian Zhao in mandarin ) ?

omg .... i have been pronouncing it as Yi since MDWAV1.. am i wrong ?

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 2nd, '04, 07:46

djnocturnal wrote:im fine with the episodes now, since i can understand cantonese and speak it well. so subs or not, doesnt really make a difference to me
Easy for you to say my dear :roll , but for those of us who don't speak Cantonese or read Chinese ... well, we are sorta stuck right now, especially if we love the series and have to watch it using our intuition.

What is it about this series, or any other for that matter, that is so compelling that we watch it regardless of the language barrier. Thank goodness for fan subbers .... I bow down to all of you.

尹 seems to be one of those characters used in Cantonese ... His name is always spelled Wan and Cantonese people that I know refer to is as Wan ... to me he is just Achiu

Did you also know his name means "blessed by heaven" similar to Tin Yau in Date. A friend in Singapore explained the characters and meaning of Tin Chiu's name, and if I find the text (stuck away on a cd-r somewhere) I'll share it.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 2nd, '04, 14:07

I'd just like to say that I'll be timing subs to the mpg episodes released by 丁國燊 (this is the releaser of the individual episodes). EP 4-6 torrents are posted on d-addicts. torrents for EP 1-3 can be found within the torrent comments of EP 04 in a message from bbq. Further torrents to be posted on d-addicts will be from the 丁國燊 release.

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 2nd, '04, 14:48

creidesca
thanks for that info ... guess I should download the first three again.

pluvieux

sorryzZz

Post by pluvieux » Nov 2nd, '04, 14:57

can i know where can i dl this? can post it in your blog? cos i cant seem to dl from here...

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 2nd, '04, 15:52

lorac wrote:creidesca
lorac, make sure you're d/ling these for ep 1-3:

ep 1: http://bt.tjgame.enorth.com.cn/download ... 72bfeea6a7

ep 2: http://bt.tjgame.enorth.com.cn/download ... 9da628ce22

ep 3: http://bt.tjgame.enorth.com.cn/download ... a0861a4675

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 2nd, '04, 17:03

I think those are the ones. I made sure the naming convention was the same as 4-6, that is as well as I could reading the Chinese :blink But I will check them again tonight.

I cannot play the files from the (ATV) files. The ones in the 2 gig file. Media Player wants a link to the internet and GSpot cannot open them due to file, directory or syntax errors. Creidesca, how did you open them? The files are the right size and they seem to be complete. What about the text file and internet link in the folder?

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 2nd, '04, 21:05

lorac wrote:
I cannot play the files from the (ATV) files. The ones in the 2 gig file. Media Player wants a link to the internet and GSpot cannot open them due to file, directory or syntax errors. Creidesca, how did you open them? The files are the right size and they seem to be complete. What about the text file and internet link in the folder?
I was able to play them fine. Thru the windows explorer I just went to the directory they were in and then right clicked and opened using WMP. I had no problems whatsoever playing the files. Have you tried renaming the files?

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 3rd, '04, 01:05

Renaming files? .... yes, I tried that too. I tried right click, open in Media Player, open in Explorer, I tried everything. For some reason WMP wants a path to the internet, and I find that sorta strange as the files seem to be complete. Azureus moved it to the completed section.

I'll try again, but since I already have the other files I guess it is no great loss since you said they are no better than the ones you are timing for subs.

Yipee! I see that 7 has been posted ...

nsk

Post by nsk » Nov 3rd, '04, 03:00

creidesca wrote:
lorac wrote:creidesca
lorac, make sure you're d/ling these for ep 1-3:

ep 1: http://bt.tjgame.enorth.com.cn/download ... 72bfeea6a7

ep 2: http://bt.tjgame.enorth.com.cn/download ... 9da628ce22

ep 3: http://bt.tjgame.enorth.com.cn/download ... a0861a4675

Thanks creidesca for the info :D I'm gonna re-dl those eps now

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 3rd, '04, 03:29

Just watched ep 6 .... it was like a roller coaster ride. Holy Cow this is good! Did I say I like this series!? :D I love the myth and how they brought then back to the current time. For those who are subtitling and timing this thing ... you have my eternal gratitude.

PS creidesca Who is that in your avatar? This thread is a combination of your's and Lee Byung Hun!

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 3rd, '04, 04:14

lorac wrote: PS creidesca Who is that in your avatar? This thread is a combination of your's and Lee Byung Hun!
It's a scene between Hong Soo Hyun & Namgoong Min (Namgoong Min has been nicknamed as "little Bae Yung Jun") from the daily drama My Precious Child.

eternityxdream

Post by eternityxdream » Nov 3rd, '04, 04:18

can somebody nice enough to seed eps 1-3??...mine are slow

lazy

Post by lazy » Nov 8th, '04, 03:38

although this series is very confusing, for me yea, but this series is getting more interesting, hope the ending is good for this one

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 8th, '04, 05:43

Confusing is not the word! Been meaning to ask someone who understands to give up a synopsis of the storyline, how it relates to Date 1 and 2 and especially the connection of Ma Sui Ling and Fong Tin Yau then and now.

I'm curious about Fong Tin Yau. How does Jin Tau relate to Fong Tin Yau and Fong Kwok Wa (is that the right spelling. don't think so). Since he had all the memories of all the past lives of Date 1 and 2 when he was hit on the head, I have to assume he is an incarnation of them.

Can we have a character list with names romanized, Cantonese preferrably?

lorac

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 9th, '04, 04:40

for those lucky enough to catch this...here's the OP (xvid avi) karaoked and with eng subs: http://s3.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3F8AE ... 2C8ACEB456

get it while you can, and please PM me should the link no longer work

rainy

Post by rainy » Nov 9th, '04, 09:32

creidesca wrote:for those lucky enough to catch this...here's the OP (xvid avi) karaoked and with eng subs: http://s3.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3F8AE ... 2C8ACEB456

get it while you can, and please PM me should the link no longer work
no longer working.. :-(

nulllow

Answers

Post by nulllow » Nov 9th, '04, 11:33

k....i've been downloading mdwav3 from here and i have done none uploading or anything so i guess my contribution lies in here...explanations

i have been reading ur forums from pg 1 to 3 and found some Q's and that i could give A's

Q; could someone tell me what the note said (end of ep 5) that made everyone dejected?
by lorac

A; well the letter is actually an imperial addict, recalling the general(ngok fei) to return to the capital city. the history says that a corrupt official working for the Jin(tai kam gwok) told the emperor that general ngok was going to overthrow him. and btw those arn't cards..they are gold plates representing imperial powers and general ngok got 12 of them. and btw its history that the general died in prison...forgot with his son or his son suicided...and history does not state that he has a daugher( that's y ma siu ling said she failed her history...for those who understand cantonese)

Q; I'm curious about Fong Tin Yau. How does Jin Tau relate to Fong Tin Yau and Fong Kwok Wa (is that the right spelling. don't think so). Since he had all the memories of all the past lives of Date 1 and 2 when he was hit on the head, I have to assume he is an incarnation of them. by lorac again

A; yes, jin tau reincarnates into fong kwok wa...or fong kwok wa is the reincarnation of jin tau. fong tin yau is the grandson of fong kwok wa in mdwav2, in 1 i forgot...but just took his grandson's identity. mdwav 1 does not relate to mdwav2 and mdwav3 continues mdwav2...

if these info is mistaken correct me...hehe

ooo and pls continue the nice work....and never get a dubbed mandarin into a cantonese series...it actually spoils the whole movie and i guess a lot of people agree with me....and it is not because i don understand mandarin, which i do, but when its dubbed u actually hear words before lips move or vice versa or the lips don match the words....1 sentence its bad........BAD!!!!!!!

hina

Post by hina » Nov 9th, '04, 11:46

you mean the epsiodes now are now subbed in english. im sorry. i am rather confused. pls explain.

thanks very much :blink

ppt

Post by ppt » Nov 9th, '04, 12:58

hina wrote:you mean the epsiodes now are now subbed in english. im sorry. i am rather confused. pls explain.

thanks very much :blink
i think what he means is, he doesnt like it when you get a cantonese drama & DUB it in mandarin, because the words (mandarin) that comes out & the way the mouth moves (cantonese) doesnt match

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 9th, '04, 13:26

at the moment there's only the subbed OP available. Etlinator is still working on translations for ep 01.

And subs are timed to the MPG version, which is in cantonese audio w/ chinese subs

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 9th, '04, 15:29

here is another link to the Date 3 file posted by Creidesca

http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=AA72 ... AA2B618C9F

bbq

Post by bbq » Nov 9th, '04, 18:35

Finally found the torrent for episode 12.
Attachments
12.zip
Episode 12 MPG torrent
(34.12 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 9th, '04, 19:08

hmms..shouldn't that be posted in the torrents thread?

but thanks anywayz~ :P

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 9th, '04, 20:38

correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is not the same version as Creidescia has been posting ... this is the same as the first torrent files posted.

Creidescia, can we expect a link from you later ...

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 9th, '04, 20:39

according to bbq, the releaser of the good MPG won't be releasing ep 12 (don't know why), so we'll have to stick w/ this one and hope for the best. Either that or we wait till the end of the week when this other group releases the bulk 11-15 (which is also good quality)

kukuri
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kukuri » Nov 9th, '04, 23:32

Just finished watching ep11. I feel soooooo sad for you-know-who (for those who have watched it).
I'm happily downloading ep12 now. Thanks creidesca & bbq.:D

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 9th, '04, 23:45

just got the english translated script for ep 01 from eltinator...there's just some checks we have to do before I get right on timing the subs =)

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 10th, '04, 03:34

subs for 1, that is so cool .... creidesca, your and eltinator are the best! what I've been waiting for. Now I think I will be able to get the story and characters straight ... There are 470 odd seeds for ep 12 and I don't think I've ever seen quite that many. Holy cow (to borrow a phrase from the English translation in Damo!) Date 3 must be popular!

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 10th, '04, 04:10

woohoo subs for episode 1!! thanks creidesca~ i had a lil trouble understanding all the history stuff. it's like that...with ancient chinese, i always need my mom to interpret the parts i don't understand. lols :lol

ppt

Post by ppt » Nov 10th, '04, 09:50

creidesca wrote:according to bbq, the releaser of the good MPG won't be releasing ep 12 (don't know why), so we'll have to stick w/ this one and hope for the best. Either that or we wait till the end of the week when this other group releases the bulk 11-15 (which is also good quality)
hey creidesca, the good MPG you are refering to, is that the one released by 丁國燊? :lol

thx for the ep1 sub too! now i dont have to translate for my bro for every other line & espscially the chinese history :P

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 10th, '04, 13:09

ppt wrote:
creidesca wrote:according to bbq, the releaser of the good MPG won't be releasing ep 12 (don't know why), so we'll have to stick w/ this one and hope for the best. Either that or we wait till the end of the week when this other group releases the bulk 11-15 (which is also good quality)
hey creidesca, the good MPG you are refering to, is that the one released by 丁國燊? :lol

thx for the ep1 sub too! now i dont have to translate for my bro for every other line & espscially the chinese history :P
yes, the good version is the 丁國燊, but 丁國燊 not releasing ep 12 (I don't know why), so if we want to get a good MPG version of ep 12, we'll have to wait for this other groups which releases bulk epis (they already released bulks for ep 1-5, and 6-10 already), we just need to wait for this weekend or something for bulk 11-15, and just d/l ep 12.

Oh, ppt, do you think if it's possible for you to help out w/ translating any line that eltinator is having problems w/? That would help a lot.

ppt

Post by ppt » Nov 10th, '04, 13:50

i might be able to help, but then i have never done any subbing before.
i will help out if needed, hehe, but dun yell at me if i m not up to d-addicts standards ok? :P

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 10th, '04, 14:14

ppt wrote:i might be able to help, but then i have never done any subbing before.
i will help out if needed, hehe, but dun yell at me if i m not up to d-addicts standards ok? :P
don't worry, no subbing experience needed, your translating skills is much more important =)

thang

english sub for Date w/Vampire

Post by thang » Nov 10th, '04, 15:59

hi

Are there sub for this movie out?

thx

t

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 12th, '04, 06:33

Well, after watching ep 13 tonight I see I got my wish that the gui hotel would end ... but where in the heck did Pinky come from and I could pose the same question about Tin Yau the vampire. I understood one sentence. Jin Tau telling Siu Ling that he was not Fong Tin Yau. Hum, wonder where this is leading?

My kingdom for subs or an episode guide in English!
ppt wrote:
thx for the ep1 sub too! now i dont have to translate for my bro for every other line & espscially the chinese history

that is truly a labor of love ... I'm sure your brother appreciates it.
Last edited by lorac on Nov 12th, '04, 06:37, edited 1 time in total.

ppt

Post by ppt » Nov 12th, '04, 07:20

lorac wrote:Well, after watching ep 13 tonight I see I got my wish that the gui hotel would end ... but where in the heck did Pinky come from and I could pose the same question about Tin Yau the vampire. I understood one sentence. Jin Tau telling Siu Ling that he was not Fong Tin Yau. Hum, wonder where this is leading?
who's Pinky?

hmm, Jin Tau telling Siu Lin he's not Tin Yau. maybe he's trying to tell her not to get attracted to him. hehe, but don't quote me.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 12th, '04, 13:03

ppt wrote:
lorac wrote:
who's Pinky?

hmm, Jin Tau telling Siu Lin he's not Tin Yau. maybe he's trying to tell her not to get attracted to him. hehe, but don't quote me.
Pinky is Bat Poh's sister, Mo Lui (Mo Liu?). Pinky is the actress' english stage name.

Someone care to explain why she had purposely hidden that rock or whatever it is?

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 12th, '04, 16:04

creidesca wrote:
ppt wrote:
lorac wrote:
who's Pinky?
Pinky Cheung ... Don't know her real chinese name.
My take was that he wants to make sure she realized he is not Tin Yau, and if she is attracted to him it should be for the right reason, not for pining for a lost love ... but then I guess Tin Yau is not really lost. This series really need interpertation!
Someone care to explain why she had purposely hidden that rock or whatever it is?
And was Ng really a vampire! or faking it as he did in Date 2.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 13th, '04, 07:16

for those who want the ssa file of ep 01, done by humbeggar (translations and timing were done by the same person), go to http://centraltracker.org/ (you'll have to register and then you can d/l the torrent. The torrent contains the ssa file and the mpg file. From what I've seen, the timing is a bit bit bit bit off from the good MPG releases we were d/ling? or maybe it's time to the other good MPG release by the group that is releasing it in bulk?

I will still release the version of ep 01 based on eltinator's translations, w/ edits from ppt and mandy

ppt

Post by ppt » Nov 13th, '04, 10:54

creidesca wrote:
ppt wrote:
lorac wrote:
That rock with no patterns on it, she calls it her lucky rock & she will marry whoever that gets it. but bcos she doesnt want to leave her vamp bro, she takes it out everytime they go fortune telling.

in the beginning of ep14? his bro was explaining to Jin Tau why Pinky is 'alive', cos we all know she was stabbed by a vampire in one of the episodes ( i cant remember). then big bro explained the ring that Ye Cha gave him has magic & 'revived' Pinky. however she is more like a zombie bcos she isnt breathing & not growing. so, nope, she's not a vamp

hope it clears some doubts

edit:
opps, i mistook lorac when he said 'Ng'. I thought he was referring to Pinky. silly me....oh well, i 'll juz leave my little explanation abt Pinky.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 13th, '04, 15:17

thanks ppt!

also for those who want to red/l ep 12 (supposedly better than the 1 that was released earlier this week), here is the link for the bulk ep 11-15 MPG (just choose to only d/l ep 12): http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.ph ... ad&id=3304

I don't know if you need to login at asianfanatics.net to d/l the file or not, but I uploaded the torrent there.

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 13th, '04, 15:29

You do need to log in to get the file.

creidesca, can you tell me how the sub files will work with the mpg files before I go downloading any more duplicate files. I guess I could search a forum for the answer, but I figure you know.

(later, just saw your remarks on the ssr file for ep 1)
opps, i mistook lorac when he said 'Ng'. I thought he was referring to Pinky. silly me....oh well, i 'll juz leave my little explanation abt Pinky
thanks for that info, every little bit helps in understanding the story. I wonder how many people who dont speak Cantonese or read Chinese watch this series? Can you tell us about Ng's character?

lorac

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 13th, '04, 15:42

okay, i've uped the torrent for bulk ep 11-15 MPG, here's the link, no need 2 login or anything: http://creidesca.homestead.com/files/AT ... CD.torrent

I'm d/ling ep 12 right now from the bulk 11-15, it's by the same releaser who did ep 1-5 bulk, so i'm assuming the quality should be good. I'll let you guys know when I'm done.

I'm not sure what prog u can use to view the MPG w/ the ssa file, but I'll likely be watching it in either VirtualDub or Subtitle Workshop

ppt

Post by ppt » Nov 13th, '04, 22:08

lorac wrote:
thanks for that info, every little bit helps in understanding the story. I wonder how many people who dont speak Cantonese or read Chinese watch this series? Can you tell us about Ng's character?

lorac
i could, if you can tell me who Ng is :P
i dun know the actors' real names, & the credits at the end scroll too fast for me to catch anything. if you can tell me the screen name, it'll help

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 13th, '04, 23:27

Ng is N Tin Lit ... the guy who always ends up with Pinky's character. I think he is also known as Berg Ng. He is an ATV actor, and was also in the Infernal Affairs movie among other things.

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Nov 13th, '04, 23:37

I just watched episode 1 with the subtitles and the ssa file works well with this version, timing almost perfect.

永恆國度

Having subs gives new meaning to the story ... Siu Ling went back to the Song Dynasty to find and bring Jin Tau back to 2004 ... for what purpose is not revealed then. The ending credits in the sub file gives the actors names and romanized Chinese.

Thanks to the people responsible for the subtitle file and for those who posted the link here. I really look forward to more.

And creidesca, the ssa file works automatically with the mpg file using Vobsub .. that is after it is renamed to match the mpg.
Last edited by lorac on Nov 14th, '04, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.

bbq

Post by bbq » Nov 14th, '04, 00:42

ppt

Post by ppt » Nov 14th, '04, 03:44

lorac wrote:Ng is N Tin Lit ... the guy who always ends up with Pinky's character. I think he is also known as Berg Ng. He is an ATV actor, and was also in the Infernal Affairs movie among other things.
Ng is a vamp in MDWAV3.
don't know how he turned into one yet, but according to him, he's 'born' with only 1 fang. Pinky thought she hit one of his fangs off. keep watching... :P
read the synopsis at ATV website & if i remember correctly he invented something that make him doesnt need to suck blood

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 14th, '04, 04:43

ppt wrote:
lorac wrote:Ng is N Tin Lit ... the guy who always ends up with Pinky's character. I think he is also known as Berg Ng. He is an ATV actor, and was also in the Infernal Affairs movie among other things.
Ng is a vamp in MDWAV3.
don't know how he turned into one yet, but according to him, he's 'born' with only 1 fang. Pinky thought she hit one of his fangs off. keep watching... :P
read the synopsis at ATV website & if i remember correctly he invented something that make him doesnt need to suck blood
right, that was why he insisted on keeping the night shift when his co-worker asked to exchange shifts. :)

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 14th, '04, 05:25

ep 12 MPG in the bulk ep 11-15 torrent is of good quality! so d/l it to replace the previous "bad" quality ep 12!

ppt

Post by ppt » Nov 14th, '04, 10:22

creidesca wrote:ep 12 MPG in the bulk ep 11-15 torrent is of good quality! so d/l it to replace the previous "bad" quality ep 12!
is this bulk torrent always of such good quality? i dl ep12 & it looks better than any of 丁國燊's files. i might consider getting this version over weekends.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 14th, '04, 14:45

ppt wrote:
creidesca wrote:ep 12 MPG in the bulk ep 11-15 torrent is of good quality! so d/l it to replace the previous "bad" quality ep 12!
is this bulk torrent always of such good quality? i dl ep12 & it looks better than any of 丁國燊's files. i might consider getting this version over weekends.
I'm not sure, but when I d/led their bulk ep 1-5, quality was like 丁國燊's yet when I viewed it at full screen, I can see more blocks than I did w/ 丁國燊's so I deleted it. And when I burned off ep 01 from the bulk release as VCD just to see how it would look, I didn't seem to happy. Not to mention the person doesn't have the complete OP for each ep, which is somewhat of a disappointment. I also believe the video screen size of the epis within the bulk release is a bit larger than 丁國燊's ?

I'm sticking w/ 丁國燊's releases and only d/ling from the bulk should 丁國燊 not be able to release any ep.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 14th, '04, 16:02

also for those who want MDWAV2, torrent for ep 1-4 vcd-DAT is being seeded (there's a total of 40 epis), just head over to the asianfanatics.net forum for the torrent file, which can be found in the download section of its forum.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 15th, '04, 14:54

ppt, or anyone that can access the BT Gamesir site (http://bt.tjgame.enorth.com.cn) at about 8AM-9AM, can you please d/l and upload the torrent that is released by 丁國燊's

I'm having problems accessing the site after I ran ad-aware last night, and can't access the site or d/l torrents in which the link given for the torrent is from that site.

If you want, you can d/l the torrent and send it to me zipped at creidesca@yahoo.com and I'll post it up.

The torrent file should likely be available at sometime after 7:30AM-8AM Pacific Time Zone, so please look.

Thank you guys!

ppt

Post by ppt » Nov 15th, '04, 20:36

creidesca wrote:ppt, or anyone that can access the BT Gamesir site (http://bt.tjgame.enorth.com.cn) at about 8AM-9AM, can you please d/l and upload the torrent that is released by 丁國燊's
went there but the torrent is not there. :-( there is only the RMVB torrent

check asiafanatics too, but also no ep16 mpg file.
so i m getting the rmvb for the moment

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 15th, '04, 20:55

ppt wrote:
creidesca wrote:ppt, or anyone that can access the BT Gamesir site (http://bt.tjgame.enorth.com.cn) at about 8AM-9AM, can you please d/l and upload the torrent that is released by 丁國燊's
went there but the torrent is not there. :-( there is only the RMVB torrent

check asiafanatics too, but also no ep16 mpg file.
so i m getting the rmvb for the moment
I'll be getting the rmvb too, and wait for the MPG bulk release unless 丁國燊 releases it tomorrow along w/ ep 17

ppt

Post by ppt » Nov 15th, '04, 23:14

the quality of the RMVB is actually quite good!
i might consider getting rmvb then encode into dvd or mpg. not sure if i will work. some rmvb files just doesnt work with my winavi

nulllow

[b]I Wonder[/b]

Post by nulllow » Nov 16th, '04, 12:06

Hey for those who actually watch the ends of episode 16, the girl says that the ending will be based on votes in HK...so that means an alternative episode....is it possible to get the alternative as well as the one shown...that is if there is.

pls reply any 1 who can get hold of the original torrents

romi

Post by romi » Nov 16th, '04, 12:28

I am just wondering if the torrents for ep 2 on wards posted in d-addicts are still working, only managed to grab ep 1 . Thanks for any answers. :)