[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Feb 25th, '07, 22:30

lol yup me either CANT WAIT!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!! :lol hehe......:D

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 25th, '07, 23:29

I know the rain scene from the manga, but I guess what will happen after that, will be completly different. All the parts we're getting now, were never in the anime series (recently I read somewhere in this topic that this second series were so close to the anime, while I don't think so) but on the manga. The problem is they keep changing details, merging situations, and adding new stuff that makes it all be a surprise. This week's episode gave me hope on Yuuki's love for Soujiro... the motorcyle scene...

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Feb 25th, '07, 23:34

omgodddd!!!! i just finished episode 8!!!!

that was one of the BEST episodes EVERRR!!

I CANT WAIT FOR EIPSODE 9!! ><""""" except everything's prob gonna fall apart in 9 :cry:

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Feb 25th, '07, 23:41

mcg wrote:I know the rain scene from the manga, but I guess what will happen after that, will be completly different. All the parts we're getting now, were never in the anime series (recently I read somewhere in this topic that this second series were so close to the anime, while I don't think so) but on the manga. The problem is they keep changing details, merging situations, and adding new stuff that makes it all be a surprise. This week's episode gave me hope on Yuuki's love for Soujiro... the motorcyle scene...
yeah, it's one of the things that IMHO make this dorama great, it's not really a copy, it's like a being on its own, many dramas follow the manga/anime/novel/whatever they are based on to the letter, so when it comes to it, there's no surprise, even if the story is riveting.
Making a show the way hanadan is done is fresh and addicting.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Feb 25th, '07, 23:50

We are entering the endgame, only 3 eps left :(

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Feb 26th, '07, 00:07

:cry: only 3 more >.<""

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Feb 26th, '07, 01:12

blah.. the week between episode 7 and 8 i spent time just reading the manga
darn episode 9 is gonna be a heartbreaker aint it..

three more eps, im guessing they wont squeeze in the ending from the manga will they?

kiki

Post by kiki » Feb 26th, '07, 02:14

hey everybody, the rating for hyd drama this week is 22.7 beating kimtakyra drama which is 21.1

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Feb 26th, '07, 02:22

kiki wrote:hey everybody, the rating for hyd drama this week is 22.7 beating kimtakyra drama which is 21.1
wohooo!! go hyd! :lol

x_sushi_o

Post by x_sushi_o » Feb 26th, '07, 02:41

bl00_4ng31 wrote:
kiki wrote:hey everybody, the rating for hyd drama this week is 22.7 beating kimtakyra drama which is 21.1
wohooo!! go hyd! :lol
yay! :cheers: hyd all the way!!!!

bewitched1101

Post by bewitched1101 » Feb 26th, '07, 04:02

Just watched Ep. 8

I give Rui credit for being the ONLY person to ever say his true feelings ALL the time!!!!!! He is so blunt.....and it's kinda hot.....why can't everyone just say how they REALLY feel!!!!

I haven't read the manga or watched the anime....but ep 9 is going to be sad i can tell.....Everything is going good now, what more does Kade want!?!??! I can't wait to find out what's going to happen. I hope they can stop hiding their true feelings for once!!!

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Feb 26th, '07, 04:22

bewitched1101 wrote:Just watched Ep. 8

I give Rui credit for being the ONLY person to ever say his true feelings ALL the time!!!!!! He is so blunt.....and it's kinda hot.....why can't everyone just say how they REALLY feel!!!!

I haven't read the manga or watched the anime....but ep 9 is going to be sad i can tell.....Everything is going good now, what more does Kade want!?!??! I can't wait to find out what's going to happen. I hope they can stop hiding their true feelings for once!!!
i totally agree with you. i love rui for doing everything that he does..

im sooo looking forward to ep 9 but at the same time, i'm dreading it...cuz according to the previews, they're doing the infamous rain scene :cry:

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 26th, '07, 04:26

D"= SOOO SAD!!! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END SO SOON!?!?! why only 11 eps.?!?! I bet ep.9 IS going to be sad. CAN'T WIT FOR EP.9! although i watched ep. * without subs, I still can't wait. OMG! I loved how Tsukasa looked at Shiguru when she entered his room after talkin to Makino! He looked so grown up! *Sigh* and How Rui looked so....so...SAD with his smile after Makino's phone call! ="(

najimta

Post by najimta » Feb 26th, '07, 05:25

rui makes my heart break. "i think things never work out for me with the girl I fall in love with." :cry: my heart went out for him. i can`t help it, he`s got such an innocent face and he plays it off with a smile it makes me so sad.
--

shigeru was so good in this episode. my heart went out to her to. i love the way she said goodbye at the airport with the salute and the peace sign :mrgreen:

junmao03

Post by junmao03 » Feb 26th, '07, 06:09

yay!! for real?
i'm so happy for the cast and crew of hanadan.. :w00t:

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Feb 26th, '07, 06:14

Hey everyone... I've been thinking a lot about this, but I want to put together a lovely desktop for everyone here....in dedication to Makino and Doumyouji if you go to http://trunkims.wordpress.com/ it explains it a little more.... I just want everyones requests in it so you can all see how it turns out and so you can have/see your favorite pictures are in it... Please comment on it before the 10th episode so I can have it to you all as a present before the final epi-:foot: cuz I feel so attached to this board aside from helping out with subs... I wanted to do this too.... :wub:
Last edited by trunkims on Feb 26th, '07, 06:16, edited 1 time in total.

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Feb 26th, '07, 06:16

najimta wrote:rui makes my heart break. "i think things never work out for me with the girl I fall in love with." :cry: my heart went out for him. i can`t help it, he`s got such an innocent face and he plays it off with a smile it makes me so sad.
--

shigeru was so good in this episode. my heart went out to her to. i love the way she said goodbye at the airport with the salute and the peace sign :mrgreen:
*nodnodnodnodnod*

definitely....

i love how rui has that sad smile after he gives up makino *sniff sniff* its ok rui...u always have me :]

and as much as i hated shigeru before.....i cant hate her after this episode :D

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Feb 26th, '07, 06:17

trunkims wrote:Hey everyone... I've been thinking a lot about this, but I want to put together a lovely desktop for everyone here....in dedication to Makino and Doumyouji if you go to http://trunkims.wordpress.com/ it explains it a little more.... I just want everyones requests in it so you can all see how it turns out and so you can have/see your favorite pictures are in it... Please comment on it before the 10th episode so I can have it to you all as a present before the final epi-:foot: cuz I feel so attached to this board aside from helping out with subs... I wanted to do this too.... :wub:
awwwww thats so sweet. thanks for all the hard work with the subs :lol

junmao03

Post by junmao03 » Feb 26th, '07, 06:26

trunkims wrote:Hey everyone... I've been thinking a lot about this, but I want to put together a lovely desktop for everyone here....in dedication to Makino and Doumyouji if you go to http://trunkims.wordpress.com/ it explains it a little more.... I just want everyones requests in it so you can all see how it turns out and so you can have/see your favorite pictures are in it... Please comment on it before the 10th episode so I can have it to you all as a present before the final epi-:foot: cuz I feel so attached to this board aside from helping out with subs... I wanted to do this too.... :wub:
i love your idea!! :-)

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 26th, '07, 08:16

bewitched1101 wrote:Just watched Ep. 8

yeh but not everybody can be that straight forward as rui...i have to admit that i admire him for that too...cos i`m the kind that can`t be that straight forward :lol when things get as complicated as things were until ep 8....it`s really hard to be true to your feelings...and when it comes to the person u love the most it`s even harder u love him/her so much that u fear a rejection...rui kinda new that this was going to happen so he didn`t have anything to lose by revealing his true feelings :unsure:

@ trunkims i luv ur idea hunhy!so again what do we have to do?indicate u which pics we`d like to see in the wallpaper? :-) thank you again for everything!

summer colours

Post by summer colours » Feb 26th, '07, 10:46

I'm so in love with Domyoji, i couldn't believe the scene when he was begging Rui that what i call real love :roll

beside, sheiguri turned to be such a good person because of what she did in the families meeting :D , BUT what really made me sad is the rain scene at the end can't wait to see the next episode. I hope that evil woman won't ruin every thing ( I HATE HER ) !!

:cussing: :cussing:

mojrz

Post by mojrz » Feb 26th, '07, 11:11

its now 48 more pages to the yamapi thread!
lets.
keep on talking! <:
OHMAN.
i dont want the rain scene.
its SO irrelevant and painful GAHHHHHH.
yes i agree.
hyd is being overly suited for general viewing.
its lik in cinderella and beauty and the beast.
where they kiss only once.
producers!
please multiply this fairytale format starting now.
gosh we're all dying in our seats dont you agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D:D

summer colours

Post by summer colours » Feb 26th, '07, 11:33

mojrz wrote: gosh we're all dying in our seats dont you agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D:D
:D looool can't agree MORE :w00t:

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 26th, '07, 11:34

hey everybody, the rating for hyd drama this week is 22.7 beating kimtakyra drama which is 21.1
But wasn't the 21.1 from the previous week rating? That said, it's mighty impressive. HYD is not going to beat The King, but to make it close says something in itself. Also, HanaDan has made a steady upward swing in the ratings, which kinda surprised me too. Now that the rain scene is slated for Episode 9, it might hit past 23!
rui kinda new that this was going to happen so he didn`t have anything to lose by revealing his true feelings
That's basically why Rui never made a compelling romantic alternative in HanaDan. In the drama, he from the get-go is depicted as the perfect "male best friend" type. Selfless, considerate, objective . . . but not so emotionally attached that you actually believe Rui needs Makino. Or that Makino rarely makes a genuine emotional connection with him.
Makino tells Rui that she is most herself with Doumyoji, that only he can protect her. But of course this is a kind of deception, and Rui is apt to remind her of the obvious. Who has saved Makino time and time again? Rui. Who was there for her from the beginning? Rui. Who does Makino turn to when she needed help? Rui.

Of course he understands her feelings for Doumyoji, and he knew his chances were bleak. But from his objective point of view -- and that is key to understanding Rui as a kind of outsider -- the people are more important than his relationships with them. His anger toward Doumyoji wasn't the mixed messages, but the way he had treated Makino over the past year. In his eyes, he had been so much better to Makino than her, and so he had a right to try.

That's what makes his scene with Doumyoji work like it does. Doumyoji humbly, regretfully admits that he had treated Makino badly, that he had treated Shigeru badly, that he had no special right to Makino with all the decisions he made for them. And that he understood Rui had every right to vy for her.

But Doumyoji just needs Makino in a way that Rui never could. Doumyoji, a fully adult Doumyoji, atones for his actions and begs Rui -- essentially the moral conscience of Hana Yori Dango -- to let their love be, because he can't live without her, because he can't stand himself when she cannot love him, and because he loves her so desperately that it would even move Rui again.

If Rui sets aside his feelings for Makino's sake in the first season, he does the same for Doumyoji in 2nd season. His friends are more important than his friendships. And it means that he'll never be the one.
yeah, it's one of the things that IMHO make this dorama great, it's not really a copy, it's like a being on its own, many dramas follow the manga/anime/novel/whatever they are based on to the letter, so when it comes to it, there's no surprise, even if the story is riveting.
The writers took the manga storylines and reinterpreted everything. They changed Hana Yori Dango from a story about "first love" into a story about "second chance at first love." It's almost a junai love story, with how they depicted the innocent/adult lovers suffering from external challenges and going through emotional upheaval. And if the spoiler for Episode 10 is true, then well that part of the manga builds into an almost K-drama sense of ill-fated love. What was a sad-funny storyline in the manga would be devastating in the drama. DREAD!! :O :cry:

It works beautifully because we already have a relationship with these characters. It's rare in J-dramas (since most lack the sprawl of Korean or Taiwanese dramas) to have romances involve people where a history is felt, an intense possibility of loss is at the doorstep. If the first season, like all first love stories, are drive around innocent love tropes of hope and vulnerablity. The 2nd season, being a story of 2nd chances, focuses on the virtues of responsibility and courage.

Everything is much higher stake, you know? Doumyoji fears his humanity; Makino loses her resolve/will; Rui's found the 2nd love of his life; even Kaede recognizes she must have her son be ready for the throne now.

Which leads to the upcoming rain scene. All things will come down in the rain.

wnndy

Post by wnndy » Feb 26th, '07, 17:02

omg..what is going to happen in the rainscene?
-___________-

URL

Post by URL » Feb 26th, '07, 17:10

i think its ganna be purely MG one...

kiki

Post by kiki » Feb 26th, '07, 17:28

by the way they going through the drama, i felt it likely going to be the sad ending. seriously how are they going to resolve all this. dom really can't just abandon his company, not that he care about it, but experience in ny had taught him the consequence of it. if you think one death could pull him away from makino, imagine a thousand people like, it going to broke him, and if he going with company, i don't think he can be happy about it either, he going to live his life sadder, it will made him a very tragic character. i just hope that the writer can made them had a happy ending, and find some resolve in this because they had gone through much

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 26th, '07, 17:35

hmmm i`ve been thinking and thinking what is the diference between the 1st season and the second one and i finally realised it :scratch: i mean besides what belleza said (i totally agree with what u said) i realised that in the first season everything that came between tsukushi and tsukasa were things from the outside...like sakurako`s plot...and all the mean actions of kaede...but in the second season most of the things come from the inside ...unsecurness(both tsukasa and tsukushi felt unsecure until ep 8 )...lack of courage misunderstandings created by them only...tsukasa wanted to ignore his feelings for tsukushi but it was impossible, tsukushi wanted to end everything with tsukasa but she still loved him...u get what i mean?everything was from the inside :-( they didn`t have the courage to admit that they still have strong feelings for eachother...for tsukasa it lasted until ep 5 for tsukushi until ep 7!and yet they`re understandable :lol love is such a fragile feeling...u fear that if u push the things to much everything will be gone....
Last edited by lee`s little alien on Feb 26th, '07, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

xxTsukushixx

Post by xxTsukushixx » Feb 26th, '07, 17:42

ah, episode 8 was really really good, finally, they could be togehter (even if it might be not for long, as in the next episode there might happen sth again)
Btw, what's going to happen in that rain scene? That makes me be afraid. I didn't read the manga, but somehow it sounds not good. >0<

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 26th, '07, 17:43

kiki wrote:
by the way they going through the drama, i felt it likely going to be the sad ending. seriously how are they going to resolve all this. dom really can't just abandon his company, not that he care about it, but experience in ny had taught him the consequence of it. if you think one death could pull him away from makino, imagine a thousand people like, it going to broke him, and if he going with company, i don't think he can be happy about it either, he going to live his life sadder, it will made him a very tragic character. i just hope that the writer can made them had a happy ending, and find some resolve in this because they had gone through much
nah he already chose to pursue his love
...plus the domyoji corporation will join with the company of shigeru`s dad so the problem is solved!shigeru asked her dad to don`t stop that because she won`t marry tsukasa!
oh and about the rain scene :-) i know this might sound cheesy but i just remembered the words of someone i admire the most : "the rain washed away all the bad things"(it was more but this fits to what we are talking about now :mrgreen: ) what if the rain scene even if it`s heartbreaking is used to "purify"both of them after all the bad things that happened and it`s symbolising a new begining cos for sure they`ll get back together even after those hard words that will be said there in the rain!i mean after all that happened tsukasa shouldn`t even bother to believe what makino will tell him.......she ran after his plane in the first season(why in hell whould she do that if she never loved him???? she called him in the second episode of this season and started to cry on the phone cos she thought she`d never hear his voice on that phone again that is a PROOF of LOVE!......why would she do that? and so on) so if he would just think back to what happened he should realise right away that her words are nothing but big fat lies! :mrgreen: had to get that off my chest :lol
Last edited by lee`s little alien on Feb 26th, '07, 17:56, edited 2 times in total.

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Feb 26th, '07, 17:45

In Episode 8, it sounds pretty intense. From the preview, it looks like something is going to go wrong and then right. I agree, love is kinda fragile.

Mochi?

Post by Mochi? » Feb 26th, '07, 17:46

hey look, pictures of makino at her japanese style wedding in the last episode!

[img]http://www.walkerplus.com/movie/report/ ... image3.jpg[/img][img]http://contents.oricon.co.jp/upimg/news ... 5740_2.jpg[/img]

ok you can stop screaming, it's just a joke. the pictures are from another performance. but they are cute, ne?

minnilu

Post by minnilu » Feb 26th, '07, 17:50

waahhh xD ..kinda cute...but for a moment I didn't recognize her ...she looks so different with that hairstyle

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 26th, '07, 18:18

I've read spoilers for ep10....
No!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that Dom looses memory part!!!!!!!!! I hate the character of the girl that tries to make him never remember about Makino again!!!!! But I must admit, the way he recovers memory, is one of my fav manga scenes... :mrgreen:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 26th, '07, 18:21

i definitely won`t read that! ^^^^ :lol

ednahasreena

Post by ednahasreena » Feb 26th, '07, 18:41

ohh goodness, i just cant wait.... :wub:
this story really makes me wanna cry, it tears my heart out just waiting for the episodes to download.. :mrgreen:
i like both taiwanese and the japanese version, although i must admit the taiwanese version has lots of pretty guys, :whistling: but the actors in the japanese version are also cute...love matsujun an oguri shun :thumright: :thumleft:

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Feb 26th, '07, 18:46

hmm.. u guys r soo much into it.. analyzing every scene & all the actions..

how more obsessed can we be?? :lol :lol

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 26th, '07, 19:18

Eternal Snow wrote:hmm.. u guys r soo much into it.. analyzing every scene & all the actions..

:lol well when it comes to hyd u can`t be anything than addicted to it...i wouldn`t call it really obsession (i dunno for me this word has a bad meaning everytime) let`s call it superaddiction?!? :lol

TsunamiBlues

Post by TsunamiBlues » Feb 26th, '07, 19:34

God, I really hope there won't be a third season ,the agony of this season is enough. I just feel like episode 11 will leave me in tears or something. How will everything be :cry: !!! The only reason I would be okay with anothere season is if Yuki and Soujirou got together, like seriously wouldn't it be cool if each f4 guy had a girl they could be the f4 ladies. So Akira needs to find a cool girl, someone who seems all bad a** but us really nice. Rui x Shisuka, but I would love it if they brought in a new character who sees through Rui's cool exterior and we won't here him say he always loses the girl he ends up loving again. Rui is not my fav, but he deserves someone who loves him. Only 3 more episodes it feels like eternity till Friday!!! :cry:

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Feb 26th, '07, 19:34

lee`s little alien wrote:
@ trunkims i luv ur idea hunhy!so again what do we have to do?indicate u which pics we`d like to see in the wallpaper? :-) thank you again for everything!
you don't have to provide the picture for the show one, I just want everyones favorite scenes and I'll get screen caps for those scenes. For the personal one those ones I would need pictures cuz I don't have EVERY picture of them in magazines that maybe you guys liked....I have a handful but there's always more...so any requests for favorite scenes please comment at http://trunkims.wordpress.com =( I've gotten no comments yet....

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Feb 26th, '07, 19:45

Eternal Snow wrote:hmm.. u guys r soo much into it.. analyzing every scene & all the actions..

:lol well when it comes to hyd u can`t be anything than addicted to it...i wouldn`t call it really obsession (i dunno for me this word has a bad meaning everytime) let`s call it superaddiction?!? :lol

yeah.. super duper addiction it is then :lol :lol :lol

wnndy

Post by wnndy » Feb 26th, '07, 19:54

hmm..i still don't know exactly what's going to happen in the rainscene..
i saw MG but i totally forgot what happened xD
i just read that makino is going to say she never loved him..but what is the reason for that?

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Feb 26th, '07, 19:55

lee`s little alien wrote:i definitely won`t read that! ^^^^ :lol
grrrrrrrr i just read the 1st line! but its nothing i havent heard before :| (from not being able to drag mself away from spoilers!!!
a memory loss thing sounds silly...its not what the fans want!! the WHOLE story would have to start again and it would be silly!!!
i like it the ways it going atm!

Mochi?

Post by Mochi? » Feb 26th, '07, 20:00

i am surprised

i didn't know there was a hana yori dango live action movie until a few minutes ago!

go see for yourself :O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmkYWSB3ZvY

looks like it was produced in the eighties or so... i definitely have to do some research on this :) funny

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Feb 26th, '07, 21:10

Mochi? wrote:i am surprised

i didn't know there was a hana yori dango live action movie until a few minutes ago!

looks like it was produced in the eighties or so... i definitely have to do some research on this :) funny
It was a very low budget film, not good at all

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Feb 26th, '07, 21:36

trunkims wrote:you don't have to provide the picture for the show one, I just want everyones favorite scenes and I'll get screen caps for those scenes. For the personal one those ones I would need pictures cuz I don't have EVERY picture of them in magazines that maybe you guys liked....I have a handful but there's always more...so any requests for favorite scenes please comment at http://trunkims.wordpress.com =( I've gotten no comments yet....
I wrote a little comment on your blog :D A certain scene in season 1. So far I don't have an absolute favorite for season 2, oh well... :P
I will have to think about the magazine pics though, there's so many I like...

Oh, about the old hanadan movie (I'm watching it now)... it's so bad it's good! XD XD XD

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Feb 26th, '07, 22:18

belleza wrote: That's basically why Rui never made a compelling romantic alternative in HanaDan. In the drama, he from the get-go is depicted as the perfect "male best friend" type. Selfless, considerate, objective . . . but not so emotionally attached that you actually believe Rui needs Makino. Or that Makino rarely makes a genuine emotional connection with him.
Makino tells Rui that she is most herself with Doumyoji, that only he can protect her. But of course this is a kind of deception, and Rui is apt to remind her of the obvious. Who has saved Makino time and time again? Rui. Who was there for her from the beginning? Rui. Who does Makino turn to when she needed help? Rui.

Of course he understands her feelings for Doumyoji, and he knew his chances were bleak. But from his objective point of view -- and that is key to understanding Rui as a kind of outsider -- the people are more important than his relationships with them. His anger toward Doumyoji wasn't the mixed messages, but the way he had treated Makino over the past year. In his eyes, he had been so much better to Makino than her, and so he had a right to try.

That's what makes his scene with Doumyoji work like it does. Doumyoji humbly, regretfully admits that he had treated Makino badly, that he had treated Shigeru badly, that he had no special right to Makino with all the decisions he made for them. And that he understood Rui had every right to vy for her.

But Doumyoji just needs Makino in a way that Rui never could. Doumyoji, a fully adult Doumyoji, atones for his actions and begs Rui -- essentially the moral conscience of Hana Yori Dango -- to let their love be, because he can't live without her, because he can't stand himself when she cannot love him, and because he loves her so desperately that it would even move Rui again.

If Rui sets aside his feelings for Makino's sake in the first season, he does the same for Doumyoji in 2nd season. His friends are more important than his friendships. And it means that he'll never be the one.
The writers took the manga storylines and reinterpreted everything. They changed Hana Yori Dango from a story about "first love" into a story about "second chance at first love." It's almost a junai love story, with how they depicted the innocent/adult lovers suffering from external challenges and going through emotional upheaval. And if the spoiler for Episode 10 is true, then well that part of the manga builds into an almost K-drama sense of ill-fated love. What was a sad-funny storyline in the manga would be devastating in the drama. DREAD!! :O :cry:

It works beautifully because we already have a relationship with these characters. It's rare in J-dramas (since most lack the sprawl of Korean or Taiwanese dramas) to have romances involve people where a history is felt, an intense possibility of loss is at the doorstep. If the first season, like all first love stories, are drive around innocent love tropes of hope and vulnerablity. The 2nd season, being a story of 2nd chances, focuses on the virtues of responsibility and courage.

Everything is much higher stake, you know? Doumyoji fears his humanity; Makino loses her resolve/will; Rui's found the 2nd love of his life; even Kaede recognizes she must have her son be ready for the throne now.

Which leads to the upcoming rain scene. All things will come down in the rain.

You know is always good read what you have to say...
Thank you..
Is really refreshing read.. someone who know HYD story.. and understand the changes and how they develops with the original scrip...
I agree with you...
The 2nd season, being a story of 2nd chances...
A year pass... they changed and stil this need to be HYD...
Was a very difficult think to do..
I'm very proud of Hanadan team...

thank you i was really happy to read your point...
I couldn't put better what i was feeling ...
Is like you could read my feelings and put in words..

I'm really anxious to next ep.
to see the rain scene
*for the previews was so perfect!!! I couldn't believe*
And to see how they will put the 'lost memory' arc.. >_<''
Last edited by makino_sanbr on Feb 26th, '07, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Feb 26th, '07, 22:24

aaaaah i love the line 尾われにしよう、道明寺 
lets end this, domyouji
the rain scene...how can something so awful be so beautiful! i could just sit here all night, watch the end 2 mins of ep 8 (with shigeru) and then the rain scene preview...the way she says that line is so beautiful D: i just want a doll of her, with a pull string, that says it :lol

has anyone heard utada flavor of life, original im guessing you have...to me its good..but on the whole ujust sounds like a remix of the ballad version...which is CLEARLY superior!!!

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 26th, '07, 23:14

sambuk wrote:
lee`s little alien wrote:i definitely won`t read that! ^^^^ :lol
grrrrrrrr i just read the 1st line! but its nothing i havent heard before :| (from not being able to drag mself away from spoilers!!!
a memory loss thing sounds silly...its not what the fans want!! the WHOLE story would have to start again and it would be silly!!!
i like it the ways it going atm!
mmm that happens in the manga, at the very end...
in fact that's what actually happens when Tsukasa comes back from NY, but they have already merged two different timelines in the drama, so...

x_sushi_o

Post by x_sushi_o » Feb 26th, '07, 23:25

wahhh,
i dont want umi-chan in the drama!!!! we just got rid of Shigeru :cry:
and how is it that D and M go on a date, have fun, and break-up the same day. it was ok in the manga but if they do that in the drama isnt it like their rushing things too fast to finish the drama and include all the scenes?

eegybur

Post by eegybur » Feb 27th, '07, 00:13

x_sushi_o wrote:wahhh,
i dont want umi-chan in the drama!!!! we just got rid of Shigeru :cry:
and how is it that D and M go on a date, have fun, and break-up the same day. it was ok in the manga but if they do that in the drama isnt it like their rushing things too fast to finish the drama and include all the scenes?
lol it does seem like they are moving too fast aren't they?
At least the whole break up scene and "Tsukusa lose his memory* thing will be short and painless. Anybody who's seen Meteor Garden 1 and 2 will know what I mean.
What I'm saying is that if the whole *loses his memory* arch is done, then the longest it will last is probably half and episode (hopefully). The entire second season of meteor garden was about the *loss of Tsukusa's memory* ....... :cussing: I almost died watching the second season...
Anyways I'm really really really looking forward to the scene where Makino and Tsukusa go to the pet store for their date!!It's going to be sooooo cute!!!

Negi-chan

Post by Negi-chan » Feb 27th, '07, 00:33

why is makino so scared? she does want to to be with Tsukusa right?

-----> I feel bad for Rui.

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 27th, '07, 02:33

Thanx Makino_Sabr for the kind comments! :D
What I'm saying is that if the whole *loses his memory* arch is done, then the longest it will last is probably half and episode (hopefully). The entire second season of meteor garden was about the *loss of Tsukusa's memory* ....... I almost died watching the second season...
I don't know how the heck the show will write that in. Lemme tell ya -- I think the producers lied, LIED (I say) about the HYD faithful voting that story line in. Nobody really likes the Amnesiac Arc. Not the girls of Japanese, not the country of Taiwan, not Barbie, not Jerry, and probably not even Kamio.

But I say, if they really want to write it in, let Season 2 then have a sad ending. No point in throwing another monkey wrench that'll solve itself out in an hour. Let it set up a 2-hour special movie to finish the story. If they want to do season 3, which is not a good idea, have Kamio consult an original story arc and use that to parlay the HYD manga sequel. Maybe find a special somebody for Rui? Then for Season 3 they could move HYD to -- I don't know -- an ISLAND wink wink nudge nudge and turn it into . . . Lost: F4!

Just for the sake of integrity, if they want HYD to go into full-on tearjerker mode, I think they should. I'd rather they not "Junpei" that storyline, you know? ;)
why is makino so scared? she does want to to be with Tsukusa right?

-----> I feel bad for Rui.
Because Kaede can choke you to death with merely a twitch of her evilbrow. The dark side is strong with the Doumoyjis. ;)
what if the rain scene even if it`s heartbreaking is used to "purify"both of them after all the bad things that happened and it`s symbolising a new begining cos for sure they`ll get back together even after those hard words that will be said there in the rain!
The challenge there is to make a sufficient case for Makino to give up prior to the rain scene. Given that the Doumyoji corporation is in good standing, that she's gone as far as being a maid, and that the love square has been resolved . . . I don't know why Makino would back out this time.

And to be honest, it looks like Doumyoji himself will not understand either. But I guess it's Makino doing what Doumyoji did in the beginning of this season. And like last time, an accident happens. Unlike last time, there are real consequences and Makino will have to live with the regret.

SHE blows it this time. The reciprocity is cruel and unforgiving in HYD world.
lack of courage misunderstandings created by them only...tsukasa wanted to ignore his feelings for tsukushi but it was impossible, tsukushi wanted to end everything with tsukasa but she still loved him...u get what i mean?
It's true, and it's also true that both still feel trapped. Tsukasa has not yet drew the line in the sand with his mother, and by extension has not established his own identity against his familial obligations. Tsukushi has already suffered so much emotionally to get back to this point with Tsukasa, and you get the sense that, though she wants this, she is also tired. She is going to take a long view of their relationship and wonder whether, upon her graduation, they are right for each other.

To put it another way, the misunderstandings dissipiated by Episode 6. There was only the issues of courage, responsibility (atonement), acting like real growups and considering the people around them with the people nearest in their hearts.

It's another classic K-drama trope: they seek love in a loveless world, but their love is measured by the extent others have genuflected to the loveless world. We have the example of Soujori/Sara. We have the circumstance about Tsukasa's sister. And there is Shizuka and Rui. As in the manga, love has failed everywhere. How much more suffering, more challenges does Makino want to endure for Doumyoji? How much more insanity of that world she wants to go?

Finally, it goes back to the Saturn necklace. When Doumyoji forgets Makino, what will the necklace and the memories of last season's sunset kiss mean?

HQLover

Post by HQLover » Feb 27th, '07, 05:52

Episode 8 makes Rui more lovable...

junmao03

Post by junmao03 » Feb 27th, '07, 07:21

mcg wrote:I've read spoilers for ep10....
No!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that Dom looses memory part!!!!!!!!! I hate the character of the girl that tries to make him never remember about Makino again!!!!! But I must admit, the way he recovers memory, is one of my fav manga scenes... :mrgreen:
can you please tell me how did his memory return? i'm kinda curious.. :-)

HYD5599

Post by HYD5599 » Feb 27th, '07, 07:39

Does anyone know in what volume the rain scene occurs in the manga?

Rori

Post by Rori » Feb 27th, '07, 11:05

junmao03 wrote:
mcg wrote:I've read spoilers for ep10....
can you please tell me how did his memory return? i'm kinda curious.. :-)
Makino hits him on the head :lol

Mochi?

Post by Mochi? » Feb 27th, '07, 11:10

auroragb wrote:
Mochi? wrote:i am surprised

It was a very low budget film, not good at all
i don't know, i had to stop watching it because of the bad quality :roll
i hope they won't make a new hanadan movie or third season in the future after the second season has ended... i've got the feeling that the story has already been "exploited" enough

SummerMemories

Post by SummerMemories » Feb 27th, '07, 16:23

hey friends! so i was just scanning through some of this season episodes and it hit me. I feel so bad for tsubaki!! anyone else?!?!? i was thinkin about it and i thought how cool it would be if tsubaki had her own story told this season or next lol. We still have yet to see her husband and i would love to hear about the love of her life. i wonder if all this tsukasa/tskushi stuff will inspire her to go try to win her first love back?!? what do you guys think? i was thinkin how cool it would be if they had an episode coming up like they did for nishida/sara but then i thought how cool it would be if she got her own spin off from hyd. like an hyd3 with all the same people but more centered around her. i think she is one of the most interesting and beautiful characters!!

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 27th, '07, 16:25

whoah :blink belleza i totally agree with everything u said!in my oppinion the rain scene is totally irrelevant...they`ve already"been there done that"things were starting to work smothly and then she comes and stabs his back with the things she says....if i were tsukasa i wouldn`t believe one word from what she says knowing what we`ve been through...i really din`t understand why would she hurt the person she loves most in the world like that cos of some threats?but yet it must be heartbreaking for makino to say those things too knowing tsukasa`s feelings :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: AAAAAAAAARGH I DON`T WANT THE RAIN SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Rori

Post by Rori » Feb 27th, '07, 16:25

I doubt Tsubaski will get a spin - off. o_o She doesn't even have that much of a story. Her story that was in the manga has been pretty much covered in the drama already. Besides it would be a waste to watch it.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 27th, '07, 16:30

@ trunkims: i posted a comment on the site u gave us but it won`t show the whole comment or maybe i dunno how to see it all so i`ll post here again my favourite makino x domyoji
i liked the scene when they first met in new york...<3 they were both so surprised u could read the longing on both of their faces!
and the scene from the first season when tsukasa hugged her after he waited for her in the rain for 3 whole hours!and also when they were sleeping so sweetly in the lift!hmmm also the scene from the 2nd season when she tells him"bye bye!" and the one from the bridge when she gave him back the saturn necklace!and last but not least: the scene when tsukasa is imagining makino as his personal maid:))loved that one!thanx again for doing this!*mwah*hountouni arigatou!
:cheers:

xxTsukushixx

Post by xxTsukushixx » Feb 27th, '07, 16:59

what exactly does she say in the rain scene?
I know it's in the preview, but I didn't understand the context.
Okay, maybe it has to be like that. But I can't wait >0<

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 27th, '07, 17:04

xxTsukushixx wrote:what exactly does she say in the rain scene?
from what i read on here, people that read the manga said that
she`ll tell tsukasa to end everything there and also she`ll tell tsukasa that she never loved him :glare: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
people that read the manga and saw the anime,correct me if i`m wrong :-)

kiki

Post by kiki » Feb 27th, '07, 17:24

SummerMemories wrote:hey friends! so i was just scanning through some of this season episodes and it hit me. I feel so bad for tsubaki!! anyone else?!?!? i was thinkin about it and i thought how cool it would be if tsubaki had her own story told this season or next lol. We still have yet to see her husband and i would love to hear about the love of her life. i wonder if all this tsukasa/tskushi stuff will inspire her to go try to win her first love back?!? what do you guys think? i was thinkin how cool it would be if they had an episode coming up like they did for nishida/sara but then i thought how cool it would be if she got her own spin off from hyd. like an hyd3 with all the same people but more centered around her. i think she is one of the most interesting and beautiful characters!!
um, i don't think so, tsubaki already made her choice, she will stay with her husband. she is very happy right now, the only regret is that she didn't pursue enough, and she love her husband very much. in the manga they did show her husband a little bit and it kind of touching what he said to her, but i don't think they going to do it.

YamaP

Post by YamaP » Feb 27th, '07, 17:24

hm.. well makino says: let's end this domyouji..
i don't understand the context as well..
and than he says: have you ever looked at me as just a guy?
oO? i hope not, that they are supposed to break up again, or something like that! x__X

kiki

Post by kiki » Feb 27th, '07, 17:28

she`ll tell tsukasa to end everything there and also she`ll tell tsukasa that she never loved him :glare: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
from what i read in the manga and i hadn't watch in mg yet cause i stop at ep. 19, i was so bore with it, the scene is really heartbreaking, because by that time, she realize how much she love him and spending time with him making her love him more, she finally realize her own feeling. They were spending really wonderful time together and she kiss him on the cheek, he was so happy and bragging to the f4 about, so when he come home, he saw her and she start telling him that she don't love him at all because during that time, they made a pact that they go out for three month to see if they like each other, she also told him that she only see him a brat from the start, it really hurtful, and i feel so sorry for dom that time, she totally broke his heart. After that he became very scary, he become worse than he ever it. it like without makino, he doesn't care anymore. seriously, how many more time can the writer tried to tear them apart, everything was going great, why made the so sad now. i hate the damn writer.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 27th, '07, 17:43

kiki wrote:
from what i read in the manga and i hadn't watch in mg yet cause i stop at ep. 19, i was so bore with it, the scene is really heartbreaking, because by that time, she realize how much she love him and spending time with him making her love him more, she finally realize her own feeling. They were spending really wonderful time together and she kiss him on the cheek, he was so happy and bragging to the f4 about, so when he come home, he saw her and she start telling him that she don't love him at all because during that time, they made a pact that they go out for three month to see if they like each other, she also told him that she only see him a brat from the start, it really hurtful, and i feel so sorry for dom that time, she totally broke his heart. After that he became very scary, he become worse than he ever it. it like without makino, he doesn't care anymore. seriously, how many more time can the writer tried to tear them apart, everything was going great, why made the so sad now. i hate the damn writer.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ok now i seriously feel that when i`ll see that scene i`ll be crying unable to stop :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: well i guess that the writter tries to point out that what doesn`t kill you makes u stronger...and with every hardship that they overcome,tsukasa and tsukushi got more and more inlove with eachother...well they also say that if the love is strong and true it can overcome everything but this is just devastating...and i can understand how tsukasa must feel :cry: he loves her with all his heart he`d do/give anything for her he`d even risk his life for her(he said and i`m 200% he meant it when he said it)but hearing that is just unbearable so it`s understandable that he feels like nothing matters anymore :cry: who wouldn`t feel the same if would be in his situation?i`d surrely feel the same :cry:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 27th, '07, 17:58

"I`ll be crying unable to stop
Look here comes the very first drop
Cos` everytime it rains
I fall to pieces,
So many memories the rain releases
..."

^^^^ Ace of base - Everytime i thought it fits so well with the rain scene :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

YamaP

Post by YamaP » Feb 27th, '07, 17:59

ah @__@
now i really really look forward to the next episode!!
can't wait anymore.. i'll need a lot of tissues! T____T

xxTsukushixx

Post by xxTsukushixx » Feb 27th, '07, 18:01

How can she do sth like that?
Why ;0;
Poor Tsukasa ... Somehow I think I can't understand Tsukushi anymore.
In season 1 I really liked her, but ...
But better wait when the episode is out.
But it sure will be very said. I hope I can stand it (that scene with the necklace was already tool much ;___; )

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 27th, '07, 18:08

Somehow I think I can't understand Tsukushi anymore.
she does something absolutely unecessary........he chose her over the company he confessed his love for her for so many times......she has no reason to feel unsecure...but we`ll have to wait and see for the 9 th ep!
lol i think that this rain scene will be like the highest point that the scriptwritter could do to break our hearts.....besides killing one of them in the last episode nothing is worst......cos after that tsukasa will surely feel broken inside....better said......dead...he`ll be like a living corpse with no feelings whatsoever! :cry: he dared to love...love changed him so much...he chose love over anything else and he`s ready to do anything for her...he doesn`t deserve this!

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Feb 27th, '07, 20:41

AHHH !! I WANT SOMEONE LIKE DOUMYOJI TSUKASA~~~~~~ :lol :lol :lol

makino doesn`t deserve him! :whistling:

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Feb 27th, '07, 21:09

xxTsukushixx wrote:Somehow I think I can't understand Tsukushi anymore.I
I've been reminding myself everytime I see an eppy that tsukushi is still in high school, she's a kid still, too many responsibilities have been thrust upon her, the hard reality of being poor in a first world country, and on top of that, all the problems and hardships her relationship with tsukasa and the F3 have given her. :-(
Anyone would have thrown the towel... she's lasted a lot longer than a normal person would.

But then again, this is a dorama, it's all make believe, and I wish the producers and writers would commit already and decide once and for all if they are making a today-version of a fairy tale or a drama with all it's letters.
This combining of the two is getting kinda weird. XD

shui chan

Post by shui chan » Feb 27th, '07, 22:48

Gggggrrrrr! ><

Just finishd seeing ep 8.
I loved how the things ended up with Rui/ Tsukasa/ Tsukushi/ shigeru.
whan tsukasa went to rui and bagged for him, it was realy beautiful! and what shigeru did.
even thogh the ep was kind of slow I liked him very much and he was full of good things
BUT!
the preview for next ep!:hissy:
I just hope they are planing for us a good end!
if not, all season 2 was just unnecessary

So I have a question about the end of the manga-
I read the last chapter of the managa and I felt like it was the end of season 1.
But is the end of season 1 was in the manga too and the continue of season 2 is just like from where this part (the end of season 1) continues?
actualy I hope not because if it does, it means that the end of the drama will be like the one of season 1!!
I want an happy end! :pale: