Rants and Raves

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
PopGilligan

Rants and Raves

Post by PopGilligan » Feb 20th, '07, 07:40

This is something that was done in a class of mine, years ago. And, at the moment it seems terribly pertinent.

The game is simple. Share one rant in your life, and then share a rave. It doesn't matter what they are; just share what you're excited about, and what is annoying you at the moment. Mine:

It's 12:30 pm, and the 14-year-old senile dog I'm house-sitting won't stop barking. If there was a car at this house, I would seriously take her to the vet to put her down. She is in so much pain, and really, it's sad that her family is "keeping" her alive.

And, for my rave, I'm going to a favorite bookstore of mine tomorrow which I haven't been to in years, and it's supposed to snow tonight. Or, it could be right now, but I have no energy to look out the window : D

MikeNolan

Post by MikeNolan » Feb 22nd, '07, 23:34

My Rant is my old hag of a mother keeps nagging on me to get a job. I sent my applications in but nobody's hiring. I swear I can't stand her. I want to move out but I don't have any money.

My rave is I love watching Japanese drama's like Taiyou No uta with Erika Sawajiri on dailymotion, I hope they won't be like youtube and take the videos down.

My mother is my headache and Japanese drama's on the internet is my aspiren.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 22nd, '07, 23:41

Wow. Mike, looks like it sucks to be you right now.. Maybe we should try and help you get a job? Where are you, and what kind of work are you qualified for?

FlameWolf21

Post by FlameWolf21 » Feb 22nd, '07, 23:47

I'm pissed that the topic i started had to be locked because that dumbass likes to start things. Oh well at least i got the answer to my question

I'm really excited because I can't wait for summer its gonna be awesome I'm gonna be away the whole time. which is a relief from this hell i'm currently living in.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 22nd, '07, 23:56

I'm not gonna rant and rave not because I don't have anything to rant about but because everybody I know IRL is on the net 24/7 and I don't want to make trouble for myself ;^)

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Feb 23rd, '07, 00:16

Rave and Rant; one rant and rave a day? Hmm, sounds fun....ok, nothing to rant about today, ok rave: well I'm very pleased, my husband is making the pho in the kitchen right now (craving for it) and I'm sitting in front of my computer waiting for it to be done....hmmm, home life is so heavenly :-)....

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 23rd, '07, 00:24

Then maybe I should follow up with a rant that I am going to make trout for dinner at my wife's request... Which means I will have to make a seperate dinner for my daughter who won't eat COOKED fish, only sushi!!

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Feb 23rd, '07, 00:28

pokute wrote:Then maybe I should follow up with a rant that I am going to make trout for dinner at my wife's request... Which means I will have to make a seperate dinner for my daughter who won't eat COOKED fish, only sushi!!
Hmm, trout and sushi; sounds good....now that's a good man; handy in the kitchen :-)....

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Feb 23rd, '07, 00:33

Rant: One of my closest friends is acting like an ass for no good reason.
Rave: I finished all my homework and projects early, so i can devote my time to my downloads, and catch up on my drama watching.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 23rd, '07, 01:12

FlameWolf21 wrote:I'm pissed that the topic i started had to be locked because that dumbass likes to start things. Oh well at least i got the answer to my question

I'm really excited because I can't wait for summer its gonna be awesome I'm gonna be away the whole time. which is a relief from this hell i'm currently living in.
Where are you going? I'm going to hawaii durning the summer and hopefully to europe.

My rant today is that learning to write in japanese is going to crack my brain. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret taking the class cuz I really want to get pass my elementary knowledge of the language and finally be able to go and speak to ppl when i get my chance to go tokyo.

My rave is that. Well its almost the same thing mostly everyday. I get to watch my fav. dramas all day hehe on my spare time of school that is

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 23rd, '07, 01:27

okies ppl I gotta go now, but ill be back hehe. I got an offer I can't refuse, a friend is taking me out for sushi at this restaurant :w000t: also the eng subs are out for Itazura na Kiss so I'm gonna watch that before I leave.

PEACE AND LUV.....PEACE AND LUV :P :clap: I'm so lame hehe :lol

MikeNolan

Post by MikeNolan » Feb 23rd, '07, 20:23

pokute wrote:Wow. Mike, looks like it sucks to be you right now.. Maybe we should try and help you get a job? Where are you, and what kind of work are you qualified for?
Hi pokute, I'm at San Francisco and any job where a college degree is not required. Are you hiring :mrgreen:

FlameWolf21

Post by FlameWolf21 » Feb 23rd, '07, 20:27

christaluvsdrama wrote:
FlameWolf21 wrote:I'm pissed that the topic i started had to be locked because that dumbass likes to start things. Oh well at least i got the answer to my question

Where are you going? I'm going to hawaii durning the summer and hopefully to europe.
Well I'm going to hang with my cousins this summer and haven't seen them in a while, so i'm excited. And hopefully i get to go to Frace if everything works out with the people i'm going with. :) Have fun in Hawaii

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 23rd, '07, 20:42

MikeNolan wrote:
pokute wrote:Wow. Mike, looks like it sucks to be you right now.. Maybe we should try and help you get a job? Where are you, and what kind of work are you qualified for?
Hi pokute, I'm at San Francisco and any job where a college degree is not required. Are you hiring :mrgreen:
We're hiring... But experience counts... Any experience with GRID computing infrastructure hardware/software development?

But seriously:

What experience do you have? Lacking experience, what interests do yo have that can be applied to a job? I once got a job firing a kiln in the ceramics department of a university, and it wasn't a bad job at all.

MikeNolan

Post by MikeNolan » Feb 25th, '07, 02:23

^ I worked three years at the Abertson's bakery section , then I got laid off. It was a cool job I could eat all the doughnuts I want. I prefer to work in another supermarket. Your job sounds really hard pokute.

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Feb 25th, '07, 02:27

RANT: my internet connection sucks, my torrents have been slow all week and the electricity seems incapable of deciding whether it will stay or go.

RAVE: new tori amos cd! new NIN cd! new Smashing pumpkins cd! I can't wait!

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Mar 16th, '07, 16:52

Nothing to rant about....life is too great to be ranting :-)....rave: yo! I'm so glad the weekend is here and it's my weekend off work, of course some chores at home, but not too bad, and after that I'm gonna lazying it away watching dramas and drinking sake or red wine hmmm :lol....

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 16th, '07, 17:14

Gah! Bought some roller skates... The bearings weren't shimmed on the axles so I did it myself, and I got ONE of the shims uneven so the bearing is out-of-round... And I can't seem to pull the wheel off the axle now... Dont ever exceed 0.003" when shimming your bearings.

Kuwa-Jiji

Post by Kuwa-Jiji » Mar 19th, '07, 23:15

MikeNolan wrote:^ I worked three years at the Abertson's bakery section , then I got laid off. It was a cool job I could eat all the doughnuts I want. I prefer to work in another supermarket. Your job sounds really hard pokute.
Much like yourself, I am currently out of work as well, and am totally out of money so I need a job. :< And also much like you, I have turned in many applications to various deadend jobs, but no callbacks. THe onyl real experience I have is being a projectionist for a movie theater... But that job is hard to come by for some reason. You'd think living in Las Vegas, with all the theaters, I could get another projectionist spot...

On the bright side, not having a job gives me lots of free time to do things I don't have time to do when I'm working.

kawaiineemei

Post by kawaiineemei » Apr 9th, '07, 15:12

is this post down? i hope not!! i feel like ranting and raving today.

CURRENT RANT-ATION: I'm peeved. PEEVED TO THE BONE!! Why is it that none of the fellas I ever like confess to me!! whilst those that come up to me randomly aren't my type at all!! This has been happening all my life! And I'm 20 now! What am I doing wrong? Am I somehow, suppose to look to settle for less than I expect? Stubborn as I am, I dare not settle for something! I'd rather keep searching and waiting for that one fella that I actually have feelings for. I want to settle for someone whom I am happy to be with. And NOT in order to appease another person. Though I am too nice sometimes.

RAVE-TATION: There's a fella I currently have a crush on. He's gorgeous. Tall. part Irish! and part Filipino. ;) Did I mention he's gwapo? Smart too. Funny, in his corny way. His sarcasm makes me angry rather than laugh, unlike another fella I also have a crush on (though he's more of a friend). Also he's my co-worker. And. He's younger than me! OH!!! He's not 10yrs old. He's a month younger than moi. But he's young and I see it. I like that about him too. Makes me feel younger as well :P hehe. We've been hanging out a lot over the weekends with our mutual friends. Sometimes we get some time alone together and we chat. There was this one time we had a heart-to-heart and I felt we were really starting to get close. Hmm... well.. to say.. the least. We really started getting close after that one night when we were slightly over-the-top intoxicated. I was lookn to sober up so I looked for a place to lay down. A bunch of people were in one room talking it up. And he was on the bed laying down sobering up too with another friend beside him. There was an empty space inbetween them so I --in my drunken mind thought, 'ooooh!! bed!' ::splat::-- I laid down. My back was facing him at the time. Next thing I know there's a foot rubbing on the sole of one of my feet. I took it as an invite to turn around and get cozy with him. And well.. I did. I turnd right around and laid my head on his arm. Oh man!! I remembered how cozy that was! He was likea nice comfy pillow. Wish it could happen again. That was an interesting night. And I had no intention of it having any repurcusions days later. However, instead of just thinking it never happened, when the two of us saw each other again, we talked .. a lot. Then it just got awkward after that. lol. We ran out of things to say each other. How funny is that! lol. Anyways. that's my rave. Current crush! A current.. "i don't know" Oh one more thing. We've been aquaintances since high school but now we're just becoming friends. And with my having a crush on him.. is even stranger cos I never thought I'd like him -- since I always believed he was arrogant and conceited. He sure proved me wrong. Well.. there is still time...

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Apr 18th, '07, 16:23

Hmm nothing to rant about so that's good :-)....it's a nice morning with a soft rain and the early spring flowers are blooming in my back yard....hmmm, what a wonderful day and wonderful feeling of early spring in the air....hmmm :-)....I just love spring season every year, I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love!!! :lol....

MikeNolan

Post by MikeNolan » Apr 23rd, '07, 21:31

Kuwa-Jiji wrote:
MikeNolan wrote:^ I worked three years at the Abertson's bakery section , then I got laid off. It was a cool job I could eat all the doughnuts I want. I prefer to work in another supermarket. Your job sounds really hard pokute.
Much like yourself, I am currently out of work as well, and am totally out of money so I need a job. :< And also much like you, I have turned in many applications to various deadend jobs, but no callbacks. THe onyl real experience I have is being a projectionist for a movie theater... But that job is hard to come by for some reason. You'd think living in Las Vegas, with all the theaters, I could get another projectionist spot...

On the bright side, not having a job gives me lots of free time to do things I don't have time to do when I'm working.
I did not know this topic was still active. Wow a movie projectionest is a fun job to have, I can understand why this job is competitive. Good luck kuwa-jiji on the job hunt. :thumright:

phramc

Post by phramc » Apr 23rd, '07, 21:58

rave: WHOA pumpkins are comin out with a new cd! yes!