[TwDrama] Summer x Summer (CTS/GTV, 2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

[TwDrama] Summer x Summer (CTS/GTV, 2007)

Post by habukie » Feb 20th, '07, 01:57

Summer x Summer (Re Qing Zhong Xia/熱情仲夏)

:: DRAMAWIKI ::

Starring:
Joe Cheng YuanChang
Cai Yi Zhen
Ethan Ruan JingTian
Danson Tang YuZhe

edit: torrent links and screencaps removed.
Last edited by habukie on Mar 15th, '07, 05:00, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 618
Joined: Apr 24th, '04, 07:38

Post by Kai Lien » Feb 20th, '07, 02:14

Ethan & Joe! :mrgreen: I dunno about the female lead though. Hope she's fit for the role.

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Feb 20th, '07, 02:46

in the preview she looks kinda funny, but i guess they made her look that way b/c of the manga it's based on? :unsure: but it'll be neat to see Ethan and Joe together since they're such good friends. if only Mike were in the series, too, then it'd be perfect. :roll

Infamouz
Posts: 2
Joined: Mar 20th, '06, 03:51

Post by Infamouz » Feb 20th, '07, 02:51

[quote="Kai Lien"]Ethan & Joe! :mrgreen: I dunno about the female lead though. Hope she's fit for the role.[/quote

Hi, i was curious about your icon picture u have, is dat who i think it is, Julian, cause if it is, i never knew he made a movie with Fan Wong. Do u mind telling what that movie is. Thank you

User avatar
Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 618
Joined: Apr 24th, '04, 07:38

Post by Kai Lien » Feb 20th, '07, 04:00

Yep, if those 3 were featured in a series, it would be super drama!

Yes, it is Julian and Fann. It's from a new series called Lu Xiao Feng.

User avatar
furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 346
Joined: Feb 1st, '06, 06:58

Post by furelise » Feb 20th, '07, 04:31

this looks like a fun series :-) but it seems like the broadcast date is not confirmed yet.

Kai Lien: I didn't know Julian made a drama with Fann too. Is it a Singapore production?
ImageImage

User avatar
ch3nny
Posts: 216
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 17:21
Location: Australia, Perth

Post by ch3nny » Feb 20th, '07, 04:39

wow i cant wait to see this series =)

User avatar
Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 618
Joined: Apr 24th, '04, 07:38

Post by Kai Lien » Feb 20th, '07, 06:31

furelise wrote:Kai Lien: I didn't know Julian made a drama with Fann too. Is it a Singapore production?
I think it's a China production...maybe joint.

User avatar
christaluvsdrama
Posts: 396
Joined: Feb 3rd, '07, 09:20
Location: California
Contact:

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 20th, '07, 07:02

Cai Yi Zhen from tokyo julet?? silly Pei Mei Zi ?? GRrrrr if I was Ariel I would be pissed lol but Joe Cheng goes right back to Ariel after its done cuz they have to do ISWAK#2 HAHAHAHA :lol I'm happy the newest twdrama is with Joe Cheng :thumleft: :wub: :thumright: this gives me something to look forward to, being that he's so SHUAI! BUT I CAN'T WAIT FOR ISWAK#2 I REALLY CAN'T WAIT! :lol :w00t:
:wub: :thumleft: Image :thumright: :wub:
ImageImage
Love will come to you like the blowing of the wind....Quote by me

User avatar
sweetsweet
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 415
Joined: Nov 15th, '04, 04:19
Location: Australia~~
Contact:

Post by sweetsweet » Feb 20th, '07, 07:13

I've uploaded the preview on youtube
IFS. The S.E.X.Y PEOPLE

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 301
Joined: Nov 10th, '05, 10:50

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 20th, '07, 14:23

So many shoujo manga adaptations these days. :unsure:

This one looks nice though.

User avatar
christaluvsdrama
Posts: 396
Joined: Feb 3rd, '07, 09:20
Location: California
Contact:

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 20th, '07, 15:57

SHOUJO MANGA IS THE BEST! MAJORITY OF US HERE ARE GIRLS SO WHO WOULDN'T LIKE SHOUJU? ROMANCE ROMANCE ROMANTICAL MOMENTS WITH THE COMEDY IS HOW I LIKE IT
:wub: :thumleft: Image :thumright: :wub:
ImageImage
Love will come to you like the blowing of the wind....Quote by me

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 301
Joined: Nov 10th, '05, 10:50

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 20th, '07, 22:05

christaluvsdrama wrote:SHOUJO MANGA IS THE BEST! MAJORITY OF US HERE ARE GIRLS SO WHO WOULDN'T LIKE SHOUJU? ROMANCE ROMANCE ROMANTICAL MOMENTS WITH THE COMEDY IS HOW I LIKE IT
I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering how long the trend is going to continue. I'm worried that producers and scriptwriters can't come up with good original stories by themselves.

User avatar
christaluvsdrama
Posts: 396
Joined: Feb 3rd, '07, 09:20
Location: California
Contact:

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 20th, '07, 22:19

Ueda Jiro wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:SHOUJO MANGA IS THE BEST! MAJORITY OF US HERE ARE GIRLS SO WHO WOULDN'T LIKE SHOUJU? ROMANCE ROMANCE ROMANTICAL MOMENTS WITH THE COMEDY IS HOW I LIKE IT
I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering how long the trend is going to continue. I'm worried that producers and scriptwriters can't come up with good original stories by themselves.
The way I see it, I don't think it should, because turning a manga that you really loved into a reality of a movie or drama is very fulfilling in a viewers eyes. But yah I see what you mean, but if they don't follow a manga and they happen to create a story that could just of been written in a manga does it make any difference? Or is it because ppl have already seen the manga and they make a drama or movie of it and its like watching a rerun of something you already saw or it ruins the image that you originally had? That makes sense too, for more of reason they should creat original drama peices.

But I love manga turned into anime series, anime series turned into live action based on the manga. :wub: Its a great process :lol I'm such a lameo
:wub: :thumleft: Image :thumright: :wub:
ImageImage
Love will come to you like the blowing of the wind....Quote by me

User avatar
Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 365
Joined: Jul 10th, '05, 21:13
Location: The big apple
Contact:

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 21st, '07, 00:56

I wasn't really excited about this drama until I saw their hilarious trailer. Joe Cheng in baby outfit sucking on pacifier is mad funny. Definitely a must watch. Besides, Wu Xiong (if you don't know who I'm talking about, watch KO One) is the leading lady. This is definitely going to be a fun show to watch.

User avatar
nigoat
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 34
Joined: Feb 11th, '07, 23:41
Location: Toronto

Post by nigoat » Feb 21st, '07, 01:20

looking forward to it ~ yay <333 joe cheng !!!! oh yeah~ the first episode is supposed to be aired on march 4th right??

User avatar
lilangryaznangel
Posts: 26
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 07:48
Location: Milpitas

Post by lilangryaznangel » Feb 21st, '07, 01:44

wow. i didnt know joe had long hair(well to me its long). i mean in ISWAK it was curly so you couldnt tell, but the cm is so cute. I really looking forward to watching this. ^_^

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Feb 21st, '07, 03:57

if you haven't seen it already, get the Hua Yang New Year's special. there are more preview scenes of Re Qing Zhong Xia and they have the cast there as well. i've only seen the beginning so far, but the two casts compete with each other and go to many areas of Taipei.

as for when the show airs, it starts on March 11th. it replaces Hana Kimi.

User avatar
furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 346
Joined: Feb 1st, '06, 06:58

Post by furelise » Feb 21st, '07, 04:09

habukie wrote:if you haven't seen it already, get the Hua Yang New Year's special. there are more preview scenes of Re Qing Zhong Xia and they have the cast there as well. i've only seen the beginning so far, but the two casts compete with each other and go to many areas of Taipei.

as for when the show airs, it starts on March 11th. it replaces Hana Kimi.
here's the torrent page for the show that habukie mentioned - 花样热情贺新春
it's a huge 911mb though :blink
ImageImage

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Feb 21st, '07, 04:13

^^it's 2 hours long! that's why i haven't finished watching yet. :-) but so far it's pretty good. Joe is a very organized team leader and knows quite a bit about the zoo. :D

User avatar
furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 346
Joined: Feb 1st, '06, 06:58

Post by furelise » Feb 21st, '07, 04:27

habukie wrote:^^it's 2 hours long! that's why i haven't finished watching yet. :-) but so far it's pretty good. Joe is a very organized team leader and knows quite a bit about the zoo. :D
the large file size is putting me off from downloading :unsure: .. maybe i'll wait for your comments after u've finished watching? :lol
ImageImage

User avatar
christaluvsdrama
Posts: 396
Joined: Feb 3rd, '07, 09:20
Location: California
Contact:

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 21st, '07, 04:35

habukie wrote:^^it's 2 hours long! that's why i haven't finished watching yet. :-) but so far it's pretty good. Joe is a very organized team leader and knows quite a bit about the zoo. :D
If you don't feel like downloading you can just watch it here:

There are two users on you tube who have already uploaded it
she has eng subs on hers

this one doesn't

hope that helps
:wub: :thumleft: Image :thumright: :wub:
ImageImage
Love will come to you like the blowing of the wind....Quote by me

User avatar
furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 346
Joined: Feb 1st, '06, 06:58

Post by furelise » Feb 21st, '07, 04:49

christaluvsdrama wrote:
habukie wrote:^^it's 2 hours long! that's why i haven't finished watching yet. :-) but so far it's pretty good. Joe is a very organized team leader and knows quite a bit about the zoo. :D
If you don't feel like downloading you can just watch it here:

There are two users on you tube who have already uploaded it
she has eng subs on hers

this one doesn't

hope that helps
Thanks! it looks funny :D
ImageImage

User avatar
Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 365
Joined: Jul 10th, '05, 21:13
Location: The big apple
Contact:

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 21st, '07, 04:56

After watching the New Year SP, I can't wait to eat my way through Taipei.
What you would see is a bunch of tall people who can't do math, a bunch of guys who can't hit a ball, and 14 good looking ppl munching down tons and tons of New Year food.
All is good in the Hua Yang Re Qing New Year SP :wub:

Oh, yeah, did I mention Cyclops Jiro doing hoola dance?

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Feb 21st, '07, 05:04

oooh...sounds good. :lol i was going to comment on Jiro's look. what is the weird glasses and hat? i can't wait to get to the food part. mmm...food in Taiwan...

User avatar
lilangryaznangel
Posts: 26
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 07:48
Location: Milpitas

Post by lilangryaznangel » Feb 21st, '07, 05:07

hahahaha. its so funny even though its the first part.
why did they call jiro's eye the dragon's eye? what happen?

User avatar
furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 346
Joined: Feb 1st, '06, 06:58

Post by furelise » Feb 21st, '07, 05:20

all that eye candy :w00t: i'm definitely getting this one haha
ImageImage

User avatar
tammiest
Posts: 108
Joined: Jun 30th, '06, 15:09
Location: U.S. of A.

Post by tammiest » Feb 21st, '07, 06:58

Yeah... there's definitely some "confusion" over the title of this series... they keep calling it Re Qing Zhong Xia (like on the CNY Special), but the commercial says it's called Zhong Xia Zhi Lian/Midsummer Love.

For anyone who didn't get a chance to watch the 1-minute-long preview yet/can't understand Chinese, I've hardsubbed the clip and uploaded it to YouTube here.

Someone said at AF that this seemed like ISWAK... because Joe plays a "cool guy," but I think it'll be different... ZhiShu really was "cool." This guy is more typically shoujo-comedic manga... he has a seriously strange and funny flaw, and you can see that Joe gets to act crazy a lot in this one... which is different from ISWAK.

I'm trying to withhold judgment on the female lead until I see the drama... because she supposedly went through extensive training between filming Tokyo Juliet and filming this... and Joe was quoted as saying that she improved noticeably.

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Feb 21st, '07, 18:09

that Hua Yang special was hilarious! i didn't mean to finish it, but i just couldn't stop watching. it was so funny at the foot massage place when Ethan wouldn't soak his feet. and then we found out what he was wearing. :rofl: and they had to do multiplication...not always successfully. :D for anyone interested, Joe and Ethan were also on Hei Se Hui promoting the series as well as discussing each other's secrets. :-) and there is a second preview for Re Qing Zhong Jia out at Icefish. i'll put all the links in the first post.

User avatar
non-angelical
Posts: 368
Joined: Oct 31st, '05, 11:37
Location: paris
Contact:

Post by non-angelical » Feb 21st, '07, 22:26

anybody know if there will be an english sub for this series? any fansuber had make an announcement yet???

I can't wait for it to start :w00t: ...but don't want hana kimi to end :crazy:

User avatar
Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 365
Joined: Jul 10th, '05, 21:13
Location: The big apple
Contact:

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 21st, '07, 22:35

The female lead's name is Cai Yi Zhen. But, I know her as Wu Xiong from KO One. No one can beat her adorable monkey act (well, except Jiro). :P If she can play a monkey girl as her first drama role, then I absolutely believe she can play sunshine girl in Summer x Summer.

Joe in the CM reminds me less of ISWAK and more of THE ROSE. Somehow, his "evil-ness" reminds me of Kui. :wub:

Regarding Jiro's huge shade in CNY and being called dragon eye, Jiro had eye problem and was wearing an eyepatche. If look closely, you will see the eyepatch and spandex under his huge shade.

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Feb 21st, '07, 22:48

at first, i thought he was wearing a pair of sunglasses over a pair of regular glasses, because from the side you can clearly see two different lines. however, i realized soon that it was an eyepatch on the left eye... and then later, he even mentioned that he couldn't see out of that side. he wasn't the only fahrenheit member who was limited by a physical ailment. when yan ya lun couldn't run with the rest of the team due to his knee, chen yi ru picked him up. :D

for all those who watched the special, which team do you think had the better challenges? (you define what "better" means. :-)) personally, i liked the Hana Kimi challenges better. i also thought the 101 challenge was pretty strange.

User avatar
Tatsuri
Posts: 237
Joined: Dec 27th, '06, 19:49
Location: Creditinf chroncrossing for avvie

Post by Tatsuri » Feb 21st, '07, 22:48

Kumaxell wrote:The female lead's name is Cai Yi Zhen. But, I know her as Wu Xiong from KO One. No one can beat her adorable monkey act (well, except Jiro). :P If she can play a monkey girl as her first drama role, then I absolutely believe she can play sunshine girl in Summer x Summer.

Joe in the CM reminds me less of ISWAK and more of THE ROSE. Somehow, his "evil-ness" reminds me of Kui. :wub:

Regarding Jiro's huge shade in CNY and being called dragon eye, Jiro had eye problem and was wearing an eyepatche. If look closely, you will see the eyepatch and spandex under his huge shade.
I agree. Whehn I see the CM I think of Kui more than Zhi Shu.

User avatar
christaluvsdrama
Posts: 396
Joined: Feb 3rd, '07, 09:20
Location: California
Contact:

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 21st, '07, 23:12

non-angelical wrote:anybody know if there will be an english sub for this series? any fansuber had make an announcement yet???

I can't wait for it to start :w00t: ...but don't want hana kimi to end :crazy:
yes heard some fansubbers say they wanted to sub for this
:wub: :thumleft: Image :thumright: :wub:
ImageImage
Love will come to you like the blowing of the wind....Quote by me

User avatar
Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 365
Joined: Jul 10th, '05, 21:13
Location: The big apple
Contact:

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 21st, '07, 23:14

habukie wrote:for all those who watched the special, which team do you think had the better challenges? (you define what "better" means. :-)) personally, i liked the Hana Kimi challenges better. i also thought the 101 challenge was pretty strange.
HanaKimi team had better challenges. C'mon, the hoola dance alone is enough to make them the more exciting team to watch. But, searching and eating ten food items made of pork made me really hungry and want to fly to Taiwan right now. I love the pictionary (dictionary... whatever...) challenge w/ the twist. Not only do they have to guess the idiom, they also had to scout the market to find an item representing the idiom.

That is not to say I don't like Re Qing Team's challenge. 101 challenge looks simple, but it's actually pretty tough. Not only do you have to gauge ppl's age so they would add up to exactly 100, you also have to be friendly and charming so you don't scare away the pedestrian when you ask how old they are.

But, no challenge can beat the first challenge. Finding the zodiac animal in the zoo and take a picture with it. It gives visiting the zoo an whole new purpose. :wub:
Last edited by Kumaxell on Feb 21st, '07, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
christaluvsdrama
Posts: 396
Joined: Feb 3rd, '07, 09:20
Location: California
Contact:

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 21st, '07, 23:15

Tatsuri wrote:
Kumaxell wrote:The female lead's name is Cai Yi Zhen. But, I know her as Wu Xiong from KO One. No one can beat her adorable monkey act (well, except Jiro). :P If she can play a monkey girl as her first drama role, then I absolutely believe she can play sunshine girl in Summer x Summer.

Joe in the CM reminds me less of ISWAK and more of THE ROSE. Somehow, his "evil-ness" reminds me of Kui. :wub:

Regarding Jiro's huge shade in CNY and being called dragon eye, Jiro had eye problem and was wearing an eyepatche. If look closely, you will see the eyepatch and spandex under his huge shade.
That's so true. It's weird no matter where he goes in a drama those 2 dramas will the way I'll compare him
:wub: :thumleft: Image :thumright: :wub:
ImageImage
Love will come to you like the blowing of the wind....Quote by me

User avatar
christaluvsdrama
Posts: 396
Joined: Feb 3rd, '07, 09:20
Location: California
Contact:

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 21st, '07, 23:20

Did anyone notice on the HuaYang New Years Special what Joe said?
Joe Cheng was obviously making fun of Ella's height when he made that comment about how his groups height was an average over 180cm and how they were 'handicap,old and disabled' lol That's so Kui like towards Bai He :lol
:wub: :thumleft: Image :thumright: :wub:
ImageImage
Love will come to you like the blowing of the wind....Quote by me

User avatar
Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 365
Joined: Jul 10th, '05, 21:13
Location: The big apple
Contact:

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 21st, '07, 23:41

christaluvsdrama wrote:Did anyone notice on the HuaYang New Years Special what Joe said?
Joe Cheng was obviously making fun of Ella's height when he made that comment about how his groups height was an average over 180cm and how they were 'handicap,old and disabled' lol That's so Kui like towards Bai He :lol
That was funny.
He was also implying Ella is not a girl when he said that his team is well balanced with males and females, whereas her team is all guys. Ella was pissed. But what's funnier is when Hao Shen replied that her team has an androgynous member.

User avatar
christaluvsdrama
Posts: 396
Joined: Feb 3rd, '07, 09:20
Location: California
Contact:

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 22nd, '07, 00:09

Kumaxell wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:Did anyone notice on the HuaYang New Years Special what Joe said?
Joe Cheng was obviously making fun of Ella's height when he made that comment about how his groups height was an average over 180cm and how they were 'handicap,old and disabled' lol That's so Kui like towards Bai He :lol
That was funny.
He was also implying Ella is not a girl when he said that his team is well balanced with males and females, whereas her team is all guys. Ella was pissed. But what's funnier is when Hao Shen replied that her team has an androgynous member.
Yeah that was funny
I was laughing at the part when they had to do bouncing the ball on the wall thing and Ella was calling the coach really sexy to make him go easy on her and then Wu Chun had to show everyone up by showing how athletic he was, but that was hott watching him play :wub: hehe
:wub: :thumleft: Image :thumright: :wub:
ImageImage
Love will come to you like the blowing of the wind....Quote by me

User avatar
nigoat
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 34
Joined: Feb 11th, '07, 23:41
Location: Toronto

Post by nigoat » Feb 22nd, '07, 02:07

christaluvsdrama wrote:
Kumaxell wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:Did anyone notice on the HuaYang New Years Special what Joe said?
Joe Cheng was obviously making fun of Ella's height when he made that comment about how his groups height was an average over 180cm and how they were 'handicap,old and disabled' lol That's so Kui like towards Bai He :lol
That was funny.
He was also implying Ella is not a girl when he said that his team is well balanced with males and females, whereas her team is all guys. Ella was pissed. But what's funnier is when Hao Shen replied that her team has an androgynous member.
Yeah that was funny
I was laughing at the part when they had to do bouncing the ball on the wall thing and Ella was calling the coach really sexy to make him go easy on her and then Wu Chun had to show everyone up by showing how athletic he was, but that was hott watching him play :wub: hehe
agree with all of u!! that was just so funny...although i'd like more interaction between joe and ella~

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Feb 22nd, '07, 04:31

joe really can be a bit of joker sometimes. and i thought it was really funny when they were doing the shaved ice challenge and even after he found the hidden treasure, he continued to eat his food...until they told him he could eat off to the side. and then they showed that he cleaned his plate in no time at all. :D

i do agree, Kumaxell. the 101 challenge was tough. that's why i didn't like it as much. the team got pretty lucky. i mean, they were almost off by one for that last child. it's just lucky they had chen yi ru on their team. he seemed to be the best at math, both in that challenge and in the multiplication one. i also liked how the Hana Kimi team had a good mixture of physical challenges with mental challenges. that charades game was pretty neat and the hoola one was just fun. and of course, the zoo zodiac one was the best. and it really showed another side of joe. he can act really odd sometimes on variety shows, but the zoo challenge showed that he was a pretty organized team leader.

User avatar
nigoat
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 34
Joined: Feb 11th, '07, 23:41
Location: Toronto

Post by nigoat » Feb 22nd, '07, 21:53

habukie wrote:joe really can be a bit of joker sometimes. and i thought it was really funny when they were doing the shaved ice challenge and even after he found the hidden treasure, he continued to eat his food...until they told him he could eat off to the side. and then they showed that he cleaned his plate in no time at all. :D
and it was funny where Xiao Tian said "Zheng Yuan Chang (Joe Cheng) didnt gain his "wideness" in one day...LMAO

User avatar
Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 365
Joined: Jul 10th, '05, 21:13
Location: The big apple
Contact:

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 28th, '07, 01:38

I just want to share this picture. It's so rare to see Joe Cheng looking "up" at somebody (being 188cm and all).
[img]http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9647 ... merjx9.jpg[/img]
Joe Cheng on the left and Shin on the right on the set of Summer x Summer

User avatar
nigoat
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 34
Joined: Feb 11th, '07, 23:41
Location: Toronto

Post by nigoat » Feb 28th, '07, 13:03

haha their slippers...that guy's 190 eh?

User avatar
veracious
Posts: 135
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 08:19
Location: Finland

Post by veracious » Feb 28th, '07, 14:15

I don't know the shojo manga (I'm not really big on manga to be completely honest) but the CNY special made me curious. Joe Cheng is so ace and the trailer was amusing. If nothing else, I'll check out the first couple of eps when it gets subbed - hopefully I'll get into it.

User avatar
rawritscourtney
Posts: 6
Joined: Jan 8th, '07, 03:30
Contact:

Post by rawritscourtney » Mar 4th, '07, 03:27

Omgosh!! I Can`t Wait Till March 11, Cuz Thats When It Comes Out Also The Drama Lucky Star Comes Out On Thus Day Too!

User avatar
ch3nny
Posts: 216
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 17:21
Location: Australia, Perth

Post by ch3nny » Mar 12th, '07, 07:20

omg this series is out.......i cant find it anywhere......can anyone help? thanksyou

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Mar 12th, '07, 07:46

Last edited by habukie on Mar 13th, '07, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ch3nny
Posts: 216
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 17:21
Location: Australia, Perth

Post by ch3nny » Mar 12th, '07, 07:55

on ur tw torrent list and around on d-addicts =P thanks a million!!!

User avatar
deBbIE~
Posts: 21
Joined: Feb 4th, '07, 07:25
Location: Canada

Post by deBbIE~ » Mar 12th, '07, 08:20

habukie wrote:where are you looking? :-)

icefish version episode 1 (details) :: torrent
The link doesn't work

User avatar
veracious
Posts: 135
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 08:19
Location: Finland

Post by veracious » Mar 12th, '07, 09:49

Somebody's subbing this, right?

User avatar
sweetsweet
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 415
Joined: Nov 15th, '04, 04:19
Location: Australia~~
Contact:

Post by sweetsweet » Mar 12th, '07, 10:42

Yes, Intangible FS is subbing this! :lol
IFS. The S.E.X.Y PEOPLE

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Mar 12th, '07, 14:43

@deBbIE: which link do you mean? i tried both before posting them. :-)

YeuCandy
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 14th, '05, 01:57

Post by YeuCandy » Mar 12th, '07, 23:11

Is anyone going to do the sub for this drama??? If you find out can you tell lme please. :D

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Mar 13th, '07, 00:53

YeuCandy wrote:Is anyone going to do the sub for this drama??? If you find out can you tell lme please. :D
read the post two posts above yours. :roll

User avatar
Grc733
Posts: 50
Joined: Sep 2nd, '06, 05:41
Location: *other people's dreams*

Post by Grc733 » Mar 13th, '07, 01:00

they both don't work, the first one its all a bunch of writing and the torrent one says cannot find torrent or something.
ImageImage

shortcake
Posts: 53
Joined: Mar 20th, '06, 07:11

Post by shortcake » Mar 13th, '07, 01:08

Grc733 wrote:they both don't work, the first one its all a bunch of writing and the torrent one says cannot find torrent or something.
same with me

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Mar 13th, '07, 01:16

calm down. :-) i just checked again and it turns out that icefish changed the links. see the previous post for the new links. :D

User avatar
Grc733
Posts: 50
Joined: Sep 2nd, '06, 05:41
Location: *other people's dreams*

Post by Grc733 » Mar 13th, '07, 01:20

thanks habukie i can't wait until the subs come out for this
ImageImage

User avatar
Rikayla
Posts: 349
Joined: Jun 30th, '06, 02:35
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Rikayla » Mar 13th, '07, 01:23

The female lead isn't very pretty... >.<

User avatar
tammiest
Posts: 108
Joined: Jun 30th, '06, 15:09
Location: U.S. of A.

Post by tammiest » Mar 13th, '07, 01:27

The first page DOES work; it's just that it's all in Chinese, so you can't see the characters/read anything.

As to the torrent link, IceFish has been kind of tricky lately, with torrents timing out before "downloading" completely. Anyway, I've uploaded the torrent here. Grab it now; the link only lasts for seven days.
Last edited by tammiest on Mar 13th, '07, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
deBbIE~
Posts: 21
Joined: Feb 4th, '07, 07:25
Location: Canada

Post by deBbIE~ » Mar 13th, '07, 02:00

I tried it but it still doesn't work for me...the page says "cannot find server"

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Mar 13th, '07, 02:06

deBbIE the link works for me. so maybe you should just try tammiest's link.

shortcake
Posts: 53
Joined: Mar 20th, '06, 07:11

Post by shortcake » Mar 13th, '07, 02:09

Rikayla wrote:The female lead isn't very pretty... >.<
Joe makes up for it. :wub: Just stare at him more

tammiest, thanks for the new link. it worked for me

User avatar
deBbIE~
Posts: 21
Joined: Feb 4th, '07, 07:25
Location: Canada

Post by deBbIE~ » Mar 13th, '07, 02:11

The link works for me now!
Thanks habukie and tammiest! :roll

rosita22lam
Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 18th, '07, 18:43

Eng Subs for SummerxSummer

Post by rosita22lam » Mar 13th, '07, 23:58

sweetsweet wrote:Yes, Intangible FS is subbing this! :lol
that's great that they are subbing this drama? but i was wondering if you guys know which raw files (ie. YDY or ICEFISH) are they going to subbed from? i just wanted to know so that i can download the files first while subs are being done!

cheers, rosita22lam

boopboop000
Posts: 1
Joined: Nov 16th, '06, 20:50

Post by boopboop000 » Mar 14th, '07, 00:25

Thank you oh so much tammiest for uploadin` the torrent for those of us who need it. :lol
But is it just me or theres no seed for the torrent. :cry: Can someone seed this !? :-(

User avatar
funki3
Posts: 48
Joined: Dec 20th, '06, 17:30
Location: Scarborough, Canada
Contact:

Re: Eng Subs for SummerxSummer

Post by funki3 » Mar 14th, '07, 01:55

rosita22lam wrote:
sweetsweet wrote:Yes, Intangible FS is subbing this! :lol
that's great that they are subbing this drama? but i was wondering if you guys know which raw files (ie. YDY or ICEFISH) are they going to subbed from? i just wanted to know so that i can download the files first while subs are being done!

cheers, rosita22lam

from what i read on their blog website.. they're subbing to YDY raw

rosita22lam
Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 18th, '07, 18:43

Re: Eng Subs for SummerxSummer

Post by rosita22lam » Mar 14th, '07, 05:00

funki3 wrote:
rosita22lam wrote:
sweetsweet wrote:Yes, Intangible FS is subbing this! :lol
that's great that they are subbing this drama? but i was wondering if you guys know which raw files (ie. YDY or ICEFISH) are they going to subbed from? i just wanted to know so that i can download the files first while subs are being done!

cheers, rosita22lam

from what i read on their blog website.. they're subbing to YDY raw
thanks! i just went to see their blog site and it did said they are presently subbing it from YDY versiion. Do you know where I can download the file beside bt.ydy.com site? i just went there and the file isn't posted.

User avatar
tammiest
Posts: 108
Joined: Jun 30th, '06, 15:09
Location: U.S. of A.

Re: Eng Subs for SummerxSummer

Post by tammiest » Mar 14th, '07, 05:31

rosita22lam wrote: thanks! i just went to see their blog site and it did said they are presently subbing it from YDY versiion. Do you know where I can download the file beside bt.ydy.com site? i just went there and the file isn't posted.
bt.ydy.com is the homepage for the YDY group. If it's not there, they haven't released it yet... there's no way to get it anywhere else (since you're looking for the YDY version) at this point. FYI: YDY traditionally releases at least three-four days slower than YDY on average, in my experience. Sometimes, they've been known to take WEEKS OFF, and then suddenly posting a whole bunch of episodes in a batch torrent. I only download from YDY, so I am very familiar with the pains of waiting, hahaha.

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Mar 14th, '07, 05:52

sweetsweet just posted the Icefish version, and said that they will be timing to that first, and then resyncing to YDY when it's released. so at this point, which version you want to download depends on the kind of quality you want. as tammiest said, the YDY version is not out yet. consider that Hana Kimi episode 15 hasn't even been posted, so it's even more unlikely that this would be there. i always wait for YDY, so i've been checking. rest assured that i will post it in the same post as i always do (click on the link in my signature) when i see it there. :-)

puffin
Posts: 23
Joined: Mar 5th, '07, 00:48
Location: canada

Post by puffin » Mar 14th, '07, 19:44

I'm sad to say (because I was really looking forward to this), but I'm kind of disappointed thus far... even *with* pretty joe & ethan hehe.

I was really looking forward to joe's character rehashing some fun Kui/Rose madness, but so far his character is... all over the place.

The plot seems pretty boring, and yeh the main girl...ugh, can taiwanese idol dramas for once try to balance looks and comedic value.

(i really have pretty *low* standards when it comes to idol manga series... i'm usually easy to please ^__^)

le sigh, hana kimi i miss you!

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 729
Joined: Jan 10th, '06, 01:22

Post by gixo » Mar 15th, '07, 13:07

I just took a peek into the first eps. Seems to be an ok drama so far. The scene with the poo were disgusting coz I imagined myself in Xia Ya's place. brr...
Tang Yu Zhe is also starring in that drama? The guy seems to be really busy this year. First Hana Kimi, then summer x summer and after that he is also starring in Zhong Ji Yi Jia.
Zhang Yu Chen finally seems to have gained a little weight since I saw her the first time in Toast Boy's Kiss. At that time she were kinda too skinny but now she looks really fine.

User avatar
ch3nny
Posts: 216
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 17:21
Location: Australia, Perth

Post by ch3nny » Mar 17th, '07, 08:57

im quite excited abt the conflicts that will occur with the lead acotr and actress in this series >.< yayyyy when does da second ep come out?

malljclay
Posts: 87
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 01:12

Post by malljclay » Mar 18th, '07, 00:55

Cant wait for this to come out in subs.
their fame is overwhelming

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests