Is Windows Vista Compatible With Clubbox?

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
khmai_kandi22

Is Windows Vista Compatible With Clubbox?

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Feb 6th, '07, 22:33

Hi everyone,

I was wondering, is Windows Vista compatible with clubbox? My little brother just installed windows vista by hacking it and changing the trial date to year 2099. I want to install it too, but I'm afraid that clubbox might not work with it or some other programs as well.

Clubbox is like my 1st source of download to download korean dramas and without it, I might go crazy. At the same time, Windows Vista looks really cool that's why I want to install it....

Have anyone installed Windows Vista yet? If so, does clubbox work with it?

Would there be anyway to make clubbox compatiable with Windows Vista?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really curious about this that's all. Hope to get some replies soon!

HD69

Post by HD69 » Feb 6th, '07, 22:43

I can't answer your question since I do not have Vista installed on my computer. Plus I am one of those retards who does not know who to use clubbob.

But I can tell you I had a chance to get Vista for my computer. I decided not to install in on my computer because I am afraid I would have many problems with other programs I have on my computer. Mostly my burning and dvd authoring programs. Just can't take the chance right now.

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Feb 6th, '07, 22:47

Well I have vista running on my laptop and tried it out and it has been working for me.No probs...Well I think if you have IE 7, it should automatically work since it has a compatibility with IE 7.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Feb 6th, '07, 23:51

I don't use Clubbox but supposedly it works. And the IE thing the guy above me said makes sense. I don't think it matter what operating system since it's primarily browser based.

While your question is only if Clubbox works with Vista, I feel the need to STRONGLY recommend against upgrading to Vista. Unless yu have a VERY high performance PC and yur willing to go through hours of searching for drivers, Vista will just lead to many problems. The driver support is horrible. The resource usage is VERY high. Most people that have learned their way around XP struggle to use Vista. The learning curve is supposedly very large. And I don't believe it's possible to downgrade to XP once you've installed Vista. Sorry for going a bit off topic.

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Feb 7th, '07, 00:13

InTr4nceWeTrust wrote:I don't use Clubbox but supposedly it works. And the IE thing the guy above me said makes sense. I don't think it matter what operating system since it's primarily browser based.

While your question is only if Clubbox works with Vista, I feel the need to STRONGLY recommend against upgrading to Vista. Unless yu have a VERY high performance PC and yur willing to go through hours of searching for drivers, Vista will just lead to many problems. The driver support is horrible. The resource usage is VERY high. Most people that have learned their way around XP struggle to use Vista. The learning curve is supposedly very large.
that's not true. vista is pretty great. the learning curve is hardly there...this is one of the bad things about vista. it's too much like xp.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Feb 7th, '07, 00:17

ruisu wrote:
InTr4nceWeTrust wrote:I don't use Clubbox but supposedly it works. And the IE thing the guy above me said makes sense. I don't think it matter what operating system since it's primarily browser based.

While your question is only if Clubbox works with Vista, I feel the need to STRONGLY recommend against upgrading to Vista. Unless yu have a VERY high performance PC and yur willing to go through hours of searching for drivers, Vista will just lead to many problems. The driver support is horrible. The resource usage is VERY high. Most people that have learned their way around XP struggle to use Vista. The learning curve is supposedly very large.
that's not true. vista is pretty great. the learning curve is hardly there...this is one of the bad things about vista. it's too much like xp.
i've heard the learning curve is pretty high but i won't stand by that statement too hard. i still say that it eats a lot of resources and the driver support is horrible.

i'll also add that i dont think it's like XP...i tried it once at a store...felt like an iMaClumsymachine or whatever those things are called...

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Feb 7th, '07, 03:38

it's a lot like xp...just prettier. it does behave differently, but mostly for security concerns which you'll come to appreciate.
[img]http://shhtlist.com/get/1919957188a-lot ... p-2-me.jpg[/img]

but everything you see should be pretty familiar, except for the new sidebar. but that's not really part of the OS. I could probably zip it to you and have you run it on XP (i'm guessing).

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Feb 7th, '07, 05:19

Ah, thanks for all the replies!

I'll be sure to test out clubbox on my little brother's laptop first since he has windows vista installed. But like you all say, I just need IE 7 so hopefully, that works as well.

*Edited: Would all my files and programs be deleted if I install Windows Vista?

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Feb 7th, '07, 05:33

they shouldn't be deleted. but it's best to backup yur important stuff before upgrading. if yu think yu can handle it, and yu've got the space for it, google "dual boot"
it'll let yu run both XP and Vista. when yu start yur PC it'll ask which operating system yu want to load. this'll let yu test out vista before really getting rid of XP. i'm probably gonna do this some time soon as i'd like to test out Vista completely. i'll prolyl end up triple booting with Linux too while i'm experimenting.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 7th, '07, 05:35

Kandi, i suggest using xp. vista security is a lot better than xp but not yet fully compatible with a lot of drivers/softwares.

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cool_drama » Feb 7th, '07, 05:53

While your question is only if Clubbox works with Vista, I feel the need to STRONGLY recommend against upgrading to Vista. Unless yu have a VERY high performance PC and yur willing to go through hours of searching for drivers, Vista will just lead to many problems. The driver support is horrible. The resource usage is VERY high. Most people that have learned their way around XP struggle to use Vista. The learning curve is supposedly very large. And I don't believe it's possible to downgrade to XP once you've installed Vista. Sorry for going a bit off topic.
With Vista, you DON'T have to search around for drivers because vista comes with it's own drivers. I installed vista on my laptop and i didn't even need to install my ATI video card driver because microsoft has it already, but i installed ATI drivers anyways. My video card driver is about the only driver i had to manually search for with vista. Vista does have some flaws, but if i remember correctly, XP's debut was the same. All the newer softwares should work fine with Vista. Why isnt it possible to erase vista and isntall XP? just set your BIOS to boot from CD-ROM, pop in the CD and it'll install XP and reformat ur HDD again ; an OS is just like any software on your hard-drive.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Feb 7th, '07, 22:35

cool_drama wrote:With Vista, you DON'T have to search around for drivers because vista comes with it's own drivers. I installed vista on my laptop and i didn't even need to install my ATI video card driver because microsoft has it already, but i installed ATI drivers anyways. My video card driver is about the only driver i had to manually search for with vista. Vista does have some flaws, but if i remember correctly, XP's debut was the same. All the newer softwares should work fine with Vista. Why isnt it possible to erase vista and isntall XP? just set your BIOS to boot from CD-ROM, pop in the CD and it'll install XP and reformat ur HDD again ; an OS is just like any software on your hard-drive.
Yu would be the absolute first person I've known that hasn't had driver issues. But laptops tend to have generic devices installed on them. So PC users with many upgrades will definitely have issues with Vista and drivers.

Yu are correct about XP having a similar debut as Vista. I do remember having to downgrade my PCs in the past because of how much I hated XP.

It IS possible to erase Vista and install XP. But I don't believe she wants to reformat her hard drive and thus I suggested a dual boot to test things out first.

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Feb 7th, '07, 22:47

Well when I installed my vista on the same partition, it gave a choice to backup the old setting/files into "windows.old"and nothing was changed, even the files on the hd like videos/mp3s were still in the same directionary as they were before, only way to access is to go through the windows.old directory to get to them and just move it around.After moving my files, I just deleted windows.old and name all that is left is vista ultimate.

sidenote: Only bitchy thing about vista was that for my laptop, the high definition audio driver was messed up and didn't function, so my speakers didn't work till I had to d/l the only xp driver then it worked.So far only two driver problems aside from that, everything is smooth.Now if they only didn't mess up the folder options settings, cus now I don't even know where the hell it went.I think it got moved to control panel(too lazy to google search to find where it is)

Gummi Bear

Post by Gummi Bear » Feb 8th, '07, 06:19

My dad was the one who installed the Vista so I don't know exactly how he did it but I could not get Clubbox to work at all.

I am at the part where i can click which files I wanted to dl, it will pop up a small window which shows the files I wanted and I clicked on the middle button and then another small window would pop up and that's it. The actually CB itself won't open for me. I don't know why, can someone please help me?? I haven't been able to access CB for a week now (sigh)..

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Feb 9th, '07, 00:31

From my experience Clubbox just doesn't work in vista right now.
But I'm sure they must be working on it. It really shouldn't take that long to port such a simple app to vista.
Although knowing how shoddy korean web developers' code can be I'm betting it'll take a decent amount of work for them
(although no matter how shoddy you are the codebase for an app like this shouldn't grow too much).

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Feb 9th, '07, 15:59

vista = evil

Annabelle

Post by Annabelle » Feb 11th, '07, 02:49

clubbox doesn't work with my home premium...
when i tried to download this appeared:

다운로드한 파일전송관리자 구성요소의 압축을 푸는데 실패했습니다.[e106]

when i install it manually... everything worked fine, but the download box suddenly disappeared...T T

need serious help here..cuz i love win vista...

whatitdo

Post by whatitdo » Feb 14th, '07, 22:23

someone posted on the official clubbox thread to run Internet Explorer by right clicking it and "Run as Administrator." Give that a shot. it worked for me.

sexeebaboon

Post by sexeebaboon » Mar 14th, '07, 21:03

thank you so much... it worked when i right clicked it and ran as administrator! *woo hoo!* i was trying to set up the internet options a different way but it still didnt work...thanks so much again!

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Mar 14th, '07, 21:50

Yay, clubbox works with vista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks whatitdo! I followed what you said, and it finally works on my laptop!

I'm so excited!

himeko

Post by himeko » Mar 15th, '07, 05:45

sweet, thanks for that tip ~ was gonna panic haha thanks again

wni_izzati

good....try this

Post by wni_izzati » Apr 2nd, '07, 07:52

i get from a site ... don`t remember the link

start > type "msconfig" on blank box > u will see msconfig > click it

then click Continue >

SYSTEM CONFIGURATIOn will pop up

click Tools > find " DISABLE UAC > click Launch > n then it will say... succesfully..

close the windows > click ok

n then the clubbox will always be on u`r tray...

mousee

Post by mousee » Oct 25th, '07, 16:51

then I have different question, how to make clubbox work on linux? or is it hopeless matter :cry:

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Oct 25th, '07, 17:03

You'll still have to look for drivers yourself, because old drivers will get... well... old and outdated. And then you have to go to nvidia.com or ati, or whatever else. And no, no "auto-updates" please. I want to know what I install and when and why.

And well, the oh so great security of Vista is just the same worthless crap as on XP. The XP firewall was a joke, MS doesn't get any better there. It's MS after all. I would never trust the OS with security. Say hello to companies who do nothing else but designing firewalls and anti-virs. I rather trust them with my security.

15 GB of crap. Why the hell does a bloody OS even need 15 GB? That's more than Half Life 2 (with both episodes) and Guild Wars together. Insane.

Next windows will be 45 GB, if they always triple it (easily tripled it from XP).

Thanks to Vista I'm considering getting a Mac... Or just stick to my Linux machine and not use the Windows machine anymore.

kwazyboi

Post by kwazyboi » Oct 25th, '07, 17:11

forget Vista after upgrading my brand new computer to Vistax64... there was too many restrictive security and my computer was running as if I was on my old computer... switched to Windows XP 64 everything running fantastico... Vista is too much a resource hog n everything is so slow

germy_bacteria

Hi there all! Newbie here....need some help with clubbox

Post by germy_bacteria » Feb 15th, '08, 03:03

Hi there!
I am a newbie here.....hope you guys can help me out with a clubbox problem. I am using Windows Vista. I wonder if it is this operating system that i cannot download more than 1 files on clubbox. The first file i always can download but then second file, i click on download, it does not appear on the clubbox download engine. Then after a while, it would have this screen that says something like wanting to download something......really weird. Hope you guys can help me out! thanks

Nomanymore

Re: Hi there all! Newbie here....need some help with clubbox

Post by Nomanymore » Mar 9th, '08, 01:42

germy_bacteria wrote:Hi there!
I am a newbie here.....hope you guys can help me out with a clubbox problem. I am using Windows Vista. I wonder if it is this operating system that i cannot download more than 1 files on clubbox. The first file i always can download but then second file, i click on download, it does not appear on the clubbox download engine. Then after a while, it would have this screen that says something like wanting to download something......really weird. Hope you guys can help me out! thanks
I'm having same problem, anyone has a solution :-(
Everytime I have to restart the comp to DL again..

geehoon

help plz?

Post by geehoon » May 11th, '08, 05:44

My dad bought a new computer recently, (he uses clubbox more than me), and it downlaoding fine the first day and the second day the dl's all slowed down. Now they just don't dl and when they do, it never gets passed 0%. it'll go for a certain speed and then stop before it ever gets to 1%. i've tried restarting, it's not because the file is old, i've tried on multiplle files, all newly released and they all seem to have the same problem. We're using windows vista home edition, and i did the upgrades.... help anybody? thank you!