[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Feb 3rd, '07, 00:40

rurounimon wrote:
oo_yici_oo wrote:Here are 3 screenshots from the preview ep.6 *-*

SPOILER ALERT!
omg!! although i still have yet to see episode 5...
I'M SO GLAD THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE TSUKUSHI AS TSUKASA'S MAID!! That was one part that I really wanted to see show up in the drama, 'cause it was sooo cute!
Could someone please spoiler for us viewers (who did not read the manga) why Tsukushi is a maid?

thanksssss! :cheers:

Criminalist

Post by Criminalist » Feb 3rd, '07, 00:45

I love the whole idea behing this series and its very diffent from the manga and anime. I love this version better!

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Feb 3rd, '07, 00:45

excellent...
the HYD story is coming along well.
i just hope they give an ending that is worthy of the series.
or an open ending that might spawn another SEASON.
that would be so ownage.

rurounimon

Post by rurounimon » Feb 3rd, '07, 00:48

ilurrveniki, as for the preview 6 spoiler...
In the manga, Tsukushi ended up living by herself while the rest of the family moved to the countryside (the living alone with Susumu is supposed to happen later). Since the F3 bought a lot of nice furniture for her, it was too heavy and the floor ended up collapsing. Seinosuke (character not in the drama) finds her standing on a bridge (thought she was going to commit suicide) and invited her over for food. She ended up falling asleep there, so he tries to call Tsukasa to come get her (and yelled over the phone, although it turned out to be Tsubaki at the end).
So Tsukushi ends up at the Doumyouji household, and although she was invited by Tsubaki to stay and be a guest, she couldn't let herself do that (especially after calling Tsukasa's mom a shitty hag) and didn't want to be a freeloader. Her idea... to become a maid for the Doumyouji household!
Not sure how the drama will do that scene... but we'll see -^_^-

dancing_baka

Post by dancing_baka » Feb 3rd, '07, 00:50

Pandemonium wrote:excellent...
the HYD story is coming along well.
i just hope they give an ending that is worthy of the series.
or an open ending that might spawn another SEASON.
that would be so ownage.
Oh yeah, new season (without, of course, any cast change)...which will be so cool because there's still a lot of storylines out there (I don't think they'll cover everything this season. If they do they can do original ^^ after two great seasons, I have faith) and chances are I'll be back in Japan then and will be able to buy all HYD goodies :cheers:

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Feb 3rd, '07, 01:00

Note: If you clicked on the link on the previous page and it didn't work, it's because I changed the url.

new url -> http://jland.wordpress.com/2007/02/02/episode-5-part-1/

sorry. I realized I can't just change the url and that I have to make this post because several people already quoted me... ^^;

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Feb 3rd, '07, 01:20

Yoshaaaaaaa~~ begins DLing !! hope it finishes fast!! can`t wait 2 c it ><

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Feb 3rd, '07, 01:37

ROFL Just read part of the script that IsqB linked to.

"My NBA wouldn't sit still."
"NBA? You mean DNA?"

God, Tsukasa's such a loser rofl

Rori

Post by Rori » Feb 3rd, '07, 01:38

I think I just died from this episode o_o
First thing, Yuriko, That. Was. Hilarious. Tsukasa's face when he saw it, I can't get over it myself. Even though this ep was centered around Susumu a lot, it was awesome.

Aww, at the start when Tsukishi said she did kiss him. ;______; Rui isn't about to give up.

And anyone else think that when Susumu ran back to Tsukasa after talking to the girl and (I'm guessing) got rejected, it reminded you of Tsubaki and Tsukishi in the first ep. And yay! She's back next episode.

Also, in the preview, Rui's really pushing it mentioning valentines and Makino in front of Tsukasa.

Looks like we'll fully find out what happened to that guy who jumped off the roof, and WOW, Tsukasa hugging Tsukishi.

I'm sorry, I can't get over this episode, they get better by the week.

aeris0729

Post by aeris0729 » Feb 3rd, '07, 01:55

GGGRRR!!!

i'm so frustrated that I can't download ep 5 fastly!! I can't wait to watch it!!! I long for tsukasa and tsukushi!!

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Feb 3rd, '07, 02:10

can someone please translate the preview for ep6?

I just finished watching RAW ep5 and I was TOTALLY CLUELESS about the preview!!

WHAT WAS TSUKASA SAYING TO TSUKUSHI at the very very last bit.. about him screaming about.. MAKINO.... (clueless... ) ?!?!?

Tifa_L

Post by Tifa_L » Feb 3rd, '07, 02:17

I love you SARS! You make my life worth living!!!!!!!

kiki

Post by kiki » Feb 3rd, '07, 02:29

ilurrveniki wrote:can someone please translate the preview for ep6?

I just finished watching RAW ep5 and I was TOTALLY CLUELESS about the preview!!

WHAT WAS TSUKASA SAYING TO TSUKUSHI at the very very last bit.. about him screaming about.. MAKINO.... (clueless... ) ?!?!?
The only one who i love is makino
love the preview, saw it and it so funny when he on the bed leg and hand waving saying neechan neechan. How cute.

funki3

Post by funki3 » Feb 3rd, '07, 02:37

lsqB wrote:I'm back from DMV, and I've started translating the script while I wait for my torrent to finish downloading -> http://jland.wordpress.com/2007/02/02/episode-5-part-1/
notice, this is BETA ^_^

omg, i just finished reading the script and i'm crying. lol, i cannot believe i'm crying. ahh, i cannot wait to see this episode. ahh... 11 more hours =( it's making me cry even more

Rori

Post by Rori » Feb 3rd, '07, 02:38

XD I love that bit in the preview, too. He's like a child, and was he saying 'that's amazing, nee chan?'

I think he was.

And wow, is that what he said at the end. This just keeps getting better and better. ;_____;

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Feb 3rd, '07, 02:46

I just got back from work and while she's scripting I'll be timing as soon as possible so just wait ok..... hopefully there' just one version this time lol. (it just keeps coming out faster and faster)

chack

Post by chack » Feb 3rd, '07, 02:49

Eh.
It was ok.

It's starting to bore me, but hey.
I'm emoooooooooo.

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Feb 3rd, '07, 02:54

are softsubs out yt? like was it posted in the previous posts? if it did, i prolly missed it, if anyone can, post the link again xD. If its not out yt then ill just gladly wait ^^ since random people r subbing this series(softsub) so its a bit hard searching for em.
LOVED DIS EP!

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Feb 3rd, '07, 03:03

trunkims wrote:I just got back from work and while she's scripting I'll be timing as soon as possible so just wait ok..... hopefully there' just one version this time lol. (it just keeps coming out faster and faster)
no! don't time yet!!

lol I suppose you'll realize soon enough that there's no stuff for you to time as you read on...
the script I was translating from turns into summaries half-way through.

@ the person who asked what Tsukasa said to Tsukushi in the preview
I think, according to from where I translated the rest of the script from, he said Makino is the only one for me!!. But don't quote me.

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Feb 3rd, '07, 03:05

lsqB wrote:
trunkims wrote:I just got back from work and while she's scripting I'll be timing as soon as possible so just wait ok..... hopefully there' just one version this time lol. (it just keeps coming out faster and faster)
no! don't time yet!!

lol I suppose you'll realize soon enough that there's no stuff for you to time as you read on...
the script I was translating from turns into summaries half-way through.

@ the person who asked what Tsukasa said to Tsukushi in the preview
I think, according to from where I translated the rest of the script from, he said Makino is the only one for me!!. But don't quote me.
Oh, no don't worry Im not. I said "as soon as possible" which is when you give me the OK.

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Feb 3rd, '07, 03:27

第4話 2007/01/26 『命がけの修羅場』坪井敏雄/サタケミキオ 23.1%
(最高瞬間視聴率:つくしに類が電話して司が倒して滋が来てシーン 27.4%) <---highest point when tsukasa falls on makino... 27.4% WOW!!!

omedetou^^

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Feb 3rd, '07, 03:38

fybabe wrote:第4話 2007/01/26 『命がけの修羅場』坪井敏雄/サタケミキオ 23.1%
(最高瞬間視聴率:つくしに類が電話して司が倒して滋が来てシーン 27.4%) <---highest point when tsukasa falls on makino... 27.4% WOW!!!

omedetou^^
hehehehe~~~~
I'm so happy for Hanadan!!!!!
congrats~~~~
I hope the hanadan2 finale will break 30% :D

junmao03

Post by junmao03 » Feb 3rd, '07, 04:27

omedetou^^
yeahhh!!! way to go!!
the show is getting better as it goes along..
i'm a certified addict now.. hahahaha!!

dancing_baka

Post by dancing_baka » Feb 3rd, '07, 04:31

lsqB wrote:

omedetou^^
hehehehe~~~~
congrats~~~~
Heard that at the same time Ep 5 was showing, Sen to Chihiro no Kami Kakushi was playing in another TV channel. Ghibli's movies always get high ratings when shown on TV, so I'm wondering how this will affect ep 5's ratings...hope HYD doesn't receive much damage (better yet, get MUCH higher ratings than Chihiro!) , and keep it's 20% and above ratings this week! Then get 30% in the final eppy, then new season! Woot! :lol

LOOOOVE Ep. 5! My favorite episode this season! My thoughts.
Tsukasa and Susumu are just soooooo cute! I cried when Susumu came back to Tsukasa and was trying to keep back tears as he try to tell that he was rejected... :cry: Tsukushi and Tsukasa's fight in the beginning was so funny and cute and heartbreaking when Tsukasa learned that Rui kissed Tsukushi...;_; Tsukushi is so cute when she's getting fidgety and her words so rambled ^^ I was cheering for Rui when he told Tsukasa in the lounge about stop acting like he's Tsukushi's boyfriend and he's being pathetic, but Tsukasa got me back to his side after the whole episode.

Akira irritated me this time. He knew that Tsukasa's still pinning on the other and there's still tension between them, and he's telling Shigeru to continue on attacking Tsukasa? He's not understanding his friend very much then. It's all Tsukasa's fault though, with not being straightforward and everything. Tsukasa is a MESS. Soujiro got HOT this series! Esp. this episode! His voice was sooooo hot when he told Tsukushi to talk outside ^__^
He's getting his own storyline next week, can't wait ^^

What else? I just love everything about this episode, even Nishida (he was creepy though!). Wonder what could Tsukasa have said to have the Domyoji corp, who had this very strong gigantic power and presence in season 1, even to the point of being able to change the prime minister, to just go down in which they had to have to sell their offices in NY :blink At last, we'll know what happened to that banzai man. And yeah, the preview! Tsukasa hugging Tsukushi! RUI hugging Tsukushi! (she's sooooo lucky) Tsukushi as a maid, and a very cute one at that! Tsukasa waving his arms and legs on his bed out of joy with Tsubaki in the background rolling her eyes=so cute! And hope Shigeru starts to get a clue and just stop talking about Tsukasa and herself and herself and herself. GAAAAH! I hope that after realizing there's really something between Tsukushi and Tsukasa(she said so herself that she kinda gets that Tsukasa still has feeling for Tsukushi), think also of what and how your 'best friend' feels!
I have tons of school work waiting for me next week, and I usually wish there were more hours in a day so deadlines don't come nearer, but I just don't care this week! I can't wait for next week!

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Feb 3rd, '07, 04:40

dancing_baka wrote:
lsqB wrote:

omedetou^^
hehehehe~~~~
congrats~~~~
Heard that at the same time Ep 5 was showing, Sen to Chihiro no Kami Kakushi was playing in another TV channel. Ghibli's movies always get high ratings when shown on TV, so I'm wondering how this will affect ep 5's ratings...hope HYD doesn't receive much damage (better yet, get MUCH higher ratings than Chihiro!) , and keep it's 20% and above ratings this week! Then get 30% in the final eppy, then new season! Woot! :lol

LOOOOVE Ep. 5! My favorite episode this season! My thoughts.
Tsukasa and Susumu are just soooooo cute! I cried when Susumu came back to Tsukasa and was trying to keep back tears as he try to tell that he was rejected... :cry: Tsukushi and Tsukasa's fight in the beginning was so funny and cute and heartbreaking when Tsukasa learned that Rui kissed Tsukushi...;_; Tsukushi is so cute when she's getting fidgety and her words so rambled ^^ I was cheering for Rui when he told Tsukasa in the lounge about stop acting like he's Tsukushi's boyfriend and he's being pathetic, but Tsukasa got me back to his side after the whole episode.

Akira irritated me this time. He knew that Tsukasa's still pinning on the other and there's still tension between them, and he's telling Shigeru to continue on attacking Tsukasa? He's not understanding his friend very much then. It's all Tsukasa's fault though, with not being straightforward and everything. Tsukasa is a MESS. Soujiro got HOT this series! Esp. this episode! His voice was sooooo hot when he told Tsukushi to talk outside ^__^
He's getting his own storyline next week, can't wait ^^

What else? I just love everything about this episode, even Nishida (he was creepy though!). Wonder what could Tsukasa have said to have the Domyoji corp, who had this very strong gigantic power and presence in season 1, even to the point of being able to change the prime minister, to just go down in which they had to have to sell their offices in NY :blink At last, we'll know what happened to that banzai man. And yeah, the preview! Tsukasa hugging Tsukushi! RUI hugging Tsukushi! (she's sooooo lucky) Tsukushi as a maid, and a very cute one at that! Tsukasa waving his arms and legs on his bed out of joy with Tsubaki in the background rolling her eyes=so cute! And hope Shigeru starts to get a clue and just stop talking about Tsukasa and herself and herself and herself. GAAAAH! I hope that after realizing there's really something between Tsukushi and Tsukasa(she said so herself that she kinda gets that Tsukasa still has feeling for Tsukushi), think also of what and how your 'best friend' feels!
I have tons of school work waiting for me next week, and I usually wish there were more hours in a day so deadlines don't come nearer, but I just don't care this week! I can't wait for next week!
Is it even possible to have a third season? :unsure: I don't know if that would be really a good thing to do because that might make a season 3 draggy. So, far season 1 & 2 have been a pleasure to watch :w00t: But the thought of a season 3 does sound great at times... however I don't think it would be a good idea for them to have a season 3. If everything goes right and season 2 ends wonderful... Then I rather have Hana Yori Dango stopped at that point.

damouse

Post by damouse » Feb 3rd, '07, 04:56

Just wondering, how shall the script be written? It looks like I have a free weekend ahead of me and I might try my hand at providing a script for Epi 5 from the Chinese subs (providing some else would time it because I am hopeless at that aspect). Do I just translate out the dialogue i.e.

Study hard, Little Brother!
Yes sir!

OR

Doumyouji: Study hard, Little Brother!
Tsumumu: Yes sir!

Just wondering about that. :)

Thanks!

dancing_baka

Post by dancing_baka » Feb 3rd, '07, 04:58

marie_23 wrote:
Is it even possible to have a third season? :unsure: I don't know if that would be really a good thing to do because that might make a season 3 draggy. So, far season 1 & 2 have been a pleasure to watch :w00t: But the thought of a season 3 does sound great at times... however I don't think it would be a good idea for them to have a season 3. If everything goes right and season 2 ends wonderful... Then I rather have Hana Yori Dango stopped at that point.
*shrug* Don't know, maybe. This series have been another big hit so I'd think the sponsors or producers or anybody involved that is benefiting from this would rather think over of the idea of another series. I'm not sure about the actors. Maybe the others who are not as well-known yet outside HYD will not want to be type-casted, or maybe they'd want to continue milking on their success on this series. It's all speculations. Yeah, I know there's a big possibility that it might drag if it does go season 3. But since I can't do anything about whether the makers are going to having a new season or not, I'd rather think on the positive and think that since I don't want this to end and it's scheduled to end, I want another great new season, ^^ I'll then start regreting my wish when season 3 does come in and it does suck (you could pretty guess that this scenario had already happened, wishing for another good season and instead getting a bad one, and burned me before). Errr, I'm guessing not many will get what I mean :sweat: I'm more of a "why not try it out first before thinking it's going to fail and regret it!" and tend to be optimistic that way ^^
Last edited by dancing_baka on Feb 3rd, '07, 05:09, edited 2 times in total.

hhv94

Post by hhv94 » Feb 3rd, '07, 04:59

Episode 5 was awesome! I loved the confrentation between Tsukasa and Rui. Also felt real bad for Susumu, very heart warming at the same time considering how it affected Tsukasa. I cant wait for episode 6...
the preview were Tsukasa is throwing himself on the bed in joy and shouting his sisters name. I guess he loves the idea of Tsukushi being a maid. hehehe!

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Feb 3rd, '07, 05:03

damouse wrote:Just wondering, how shall the script be written? It looks like I have a free weekend ahead of me and I might try my hand at providing a script for Epi 5 from the Chinese subs (providing some else would time it because I am hopeless at that aspect). Do I just translate out the dialogue i.e.

Study hard, Little Brother!
Yes sir!

OR

Doumyouji: Study hard, Little Brother!
Tsumumu: Yes sir!

Just wondering about that. :)

Thanks!
It would be your second guess cuz otherwise us timing it would be wondering who said what in some instances....but it's being scripted right now but you can have a go at it if you'd like....ganbatte

damouse

Post by damouse » Feb 3rd, '07, 05:12

Thanks trunkims! Will certainly have a go if my weekend remains free - thanks again! :)

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Feb 3rd, '07, 05:12

OMG!
im dying...im dying.......
just think that i have to wait the whole week....i cant stand on this situation anymore....it has been 5 weeks like this.......this dorama got all my soul....OMG
crying....the endless waiting @_@ and there's 6 week else @___________@
snifff.......i just want time pas faster and finally one day watch the complete hanadan2 in a day! it would be so great ^^
omg!! just falling too much in love with this ^^U and of course MatsuJun lol
this ep was amazing!!!!
ok! Gambate Christabel :cheers: and wait an entire life if necesary to see MatsuJun and hanadan2! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

lol

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Feb 3rd, '07, 05:34

Christabel wrote:OMG!
im dying...im dying.......
just think that i have to wait the whole week....i cant stand on this situation anymore....it has been 5 weeks like this.......this dorama got all my soul....OMG
crying....the endless waiting @_@ and there's 6 week else @___________@
snifff.......i just want time pas faster and finally one day watch the complete hanadan2 in a day! it would be so great ^^
omg!! just falling too much in love with this ^^U and of course MatsuJun lol
this ep was amazing!!!!
ok! Gambate Christabel :cheers: and wait an entire life if necesary to see MatsuJun and hanadan2! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

lol
Did you watch it live stream or downloaded?...and sound like you've fallen in love with the drama. :-)

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Feb 3rd, '07, 05:54

lol I'm making a trip to Japantown in San Francisco just so I can go pick up a magazine with this drama on it (it's a 4 hour drive) and staying in the lovely radisson miyako (it's so pretty in that hotel) :wub: I can't wait (I live in Reno, there isn't much of anything japanese here blah) :mrgreen: Can't wait till next week again

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Feb 3rd, '07, 06:04

trunkims wrote:lol I'm making a trip to Japantown in San Francisco just so I can go pick up a magazine with this drama on it (it's a 4 hour drive) and staying in the lovely radisson miyako (it's so pretty in that hotel) :wub: I can't wait (I live in Reno, there isn't much of anything japanese here blah) :mrgreen: Can't wait till next week again
LOOOOOOOOOL! 4 hour drive?!
That is impressively far.
Good luck!

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Feb 3rd, '07, 06:11

Pandemonium wrote:
trunkims wrote:lol I'm making a trip to Japantown in San Francisco just so I can go pick up a magazine with this drama on it (it's a 4 hour drive) and staying in the lovely radisson miyako (it's so pretty in that hotel) :wub: I can't wait (I live in Reno, there isn't much of anything japanese here blah) :mrgreen: Can't wait till next week again
Good luck!
maaaaan thats about as long as it takes to get to roswell from over here, if I wanted to go to Cali it would take like...ten hours maybe if I just went. Ugh, I hate long car rides, I'd much rather fly....but sometimes that just isn't possible
*thinks of plane tickets and cries*

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Feb 3rd, '07, 06:15

KamichamaN wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Good luck!
maaaaan thats about as long as it takes to get to roswell from over here, if I wanted to go to Cali it would take like...ten hours maybe if I just went. Ugh, I hate long car rides, I'd much rather fly....but sometimes that just isn't possible
I live in San Francisco, 25 minutes driving distance from Japantown. I would love to get you guys something about HYD 2 and post them online. What do you guys want? I usually go to Japantown once awhile and if I happened to go there next time, I will definitely buy me a fortunes of HYD stuffs!!

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Feb 3rd, '07, 06:18

I'm like DYING to watch Ep.6. I'm hunger for it and when it comes it will satisfy my desperation. After Ep6., we still have a very short five EPS. to go and that is it guys. In the meantime, just spread more of our loves for our DxM couple, ne?

nalika

Post by nalika » Feb 3rd, '07, 06:18

omg...the screen shot for ep. 6 is killing me...

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Feb 3rd, '07, 06:27

CarolL wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:
Pandemonium wrote: LOOOOOOOOOL! 4 hour drive?!
Good luck!
I live in San Francisco, 25 minutes driving distance from Japantown. I would love to get you guys something about HYD 2 and post them online. What do you guys want? I usually go to Japantown once awhile and if I happened to go there next time, I will definitely buy me a fortunes of HYD stuffs!!

ah lucky, this city doesnt have a japantown I dont think. Man, if you get something good, share it with us preease =3. For my birthday I'm going to japan, does anybody know any good tours?

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Feb 3rd, '07, 06:29

CarolL wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:
Pandemonium wrote: LOOOOOOOOOL! 4 hour drive?!
Good luck!
I love going down there though last weekend we went to sacramento and roseville with my cousins... and that vegas trip 3 weeks ago... that's all a drive sacramento is 2 hrs vegas was 8...i like getting out of town on the weekends... i especially like going to japantown....I haven't gone back since they had the japantown anime faire and tha was in sept. So it's time to go back again....

last time i was there i saw the season 1 of hyd but it was expensive there but i did get a magazine with jun on it (it was a mens hairstyling magazine but he was still on the cover)

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Feb 3rd, '07, 07:10

Wooooow, Melbourne is so centralised compared to California.
Takes about 40 minutes from where I live to get to the CBD, and you're sure to find some place that stocks these magazines.
Just don't know where...

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Feb 3rd, '07, 07:25

omedetou again^^
viewer satisfaction ratings:

民放の冬ドラマ、満足度は?これまでの放送で満足度が一番高い民放の冬ドラマはどれですか?
(実施期間:2007年2月2日~2007年2月8日)
計12102票

ハケンの品格(日本テレビ系) 26% 3109 票
演歌の女王(日本テレビ系) 1% 114 票
浅草ふくまる旅館(TBS系) 1% 59 票
きらきら研修医(TBS系) 2% 220 票
花より男子2(リターンズ)(TBS系) 34% 4000 票 <---winner!! jang!!!
華麗なる一族(TBS系) 12% 1380 票
東京タワー オカンとボクと、時々、オトン(フジテレビ系) 3% 295 票
今週、妻が浮気します(フジテレビ系) 3% 278 票
ヒミツの花園(フジテレビ系) 6% 625 票
拝啓、父上様(フジテレビ系) 8% 921 票
遠山の金さん(テレビ朝日系) 1% 57 票
新・京都迷宮案内(テレビ朝日系) 1% 61 票
エラいところに嫁いでしまった!(テレビ朝日系) 3% 338 票
松本清張 わるいやつら(テレビ朝日系) 2% 143 票
特命係長・只野仁(テレビ朝日系) 4% 471 票
Xenos(テレビ東京系) 1% 31 票

http://polls.dailynews.yahoo.co.jp/quiz ... typeFlag=2
Last edited by fybabe on Feb 3rd, '07, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.

ninjabunny

Post by ninjabunny » Feb 3rd, '07, 07:27

what rui said in this episode is so moving. In a way, I feel that he contributed to the overall success of T & T's relationship more than anyone else.

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Feb 3rd, '07, 07:31

haha, it was inevitable for HYD2 to win.
it's just too good.

Billion

Post by Billion » Feb 3rd, '07, 07:33

Are you serious?! 34% ! That's amazing!

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Feb 3rd, '07, 07:40

Billion wrote:Are you serious?! 34% ! That's amazing!
geez... and beats kimutaku's drama by a mile O.o... (華麗なる一族(TBS系) 12% 1380 票)

kimutaku's drama has higher viewer ratings, but hyd 2 has MUCH higher viewer SATISFACTION^^
interesting that the difference could be this much...

kiki

Post by kiki » Feb 3rd, '07, 07:41

wow 34. damn, hyd 2 is getting very good, after all the angest, the real story came. hope they can rise to the top

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Feb 3rd, '07, 07:49

kiki wrote:wow 34. damn, hyd 2 is getting very good, after all the angest, the real story came. hope they can rise to the top
I think the cast works really hard and their acting has improved so much since the first season, the plot and direction as well are superb. This was really well done, even better than the first season, I really hope they end up on top because this is one drama I feel really deserves it

ilovehyd

Post by ilovehyd » Feb 3rd, '07, 08:40

Ep 5 RAW !
yay!
D-addicts, Your number one source (H)
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... f715e99ff9
Last edited by ilovehyd on Feb 3rd, '07, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.

fangtasyz

Post by fangtasyz » Feb 3rd, '07, 08:43

The drama is REALLY good. It got me hooked on to it like nothing else. I like everything about the show, from the plot to the characters to the setting. I hope all future jpop shows will be like that. Hwaiting!!! <333

Billion

Post by Billion » Feb 3rd, '07, 09:03

The drama is good but I don't understand where the story's going. I wonder how whole the Rui thing is going to settle. Bad enough Doumyouji and Makino have to deal with Kaede but throw Rui into the mix and that's a lot to handle.
What makes it worse is that they're not completely sure about their feelings for eachother... although it seems that Doumyouji is close to making a decision in ep 6 but Makino still seems to be waffling between him and Rui...again.

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Feb 3rd, '07, 09:33

My, was that cuuute! XD I felt really sorry for Susumu, I almost cried. Also felt sorry for Doumyouji who was trying so hard and regretting so much while he was sitting there, thinking about Makino and everything... Speaking of which, she's starting to get on my nerves big time right now.
What was that phone call for at the end of the episode?
That aside I'm kind of disappointed with her she didn't run after Shigeru. Staying with Doumyouji would have been good only if they had clarified things at last. What happened is they neither propperly talked nor did she feel enough compassion for her friend Shigeru that she tried and tell her what has really happened.
As for the next episode:
We're actually going to have her move in with Doumyouji!!! :goggle: Tama will be there too! Did I ever mention I LOVE tama?! Lol. More importantly, there's a strong hint we're gonna have some Saturn necklace-like scene as we see Doumyouji hugging Tsukushi from behind (in the preview). One of my favourite scenes btw.
Lucky I have only one more exam to go. Now I can fully enjoy my Hanadan addiction. :alcoholic:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 3rd, '07, 10:26

:blink 34%? :blink that`s super mega great!!!!!!!i mean they improved so much from the first episode....they were increasing week after week :cheers: :P the credit goes to the actors!good job guys! :P

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Feb 3rd, '07, 10:41

uwaaaaaaaaah just watched the episode >__< it was good even though it was centered around susumu and domyouji and the others just trying to help him, yes i was staring at domyouji the whole time but :roll

but this episode was moving, quite slowly if you ask me :sweat: no offense, but last episode seem more deserving as the 34%. still good though, still good :D
i SOOOO knew that it would be nishida at the door, cuz no way in heck rui could drive THAT fast, wonder wat nishida's gonna do, he was a bit of a creeper though, hiding in the park when domyouji and makino were talking.. and then he creeps to makino's apartment. but its weird seeing the assistant of the almight domyouji mom helping makino. yay for disloyalty to someone evil :lol

the preview for ep 6 makes me want to dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee omg i hate but love these cliffhangers, makes the drama really good, but makes you suffer as you watch. :cry: :-) at the same times. argh. lol dammit domyouji hugging makino from behind, i believe thats where most girls wanna be anyways :mrgreen:

kaikochan

Post by kaikochan » Feb 3rd, '07, 10:59

The last 10 minutes of Ep.5 was so moving, especially when Domyouji told Makino he still loved her.
The previews look sooooo intrigueing! ahhhhhh T___T

SeyiaH

parents... are they normal?! :)

Post by SeyiaH » Feb 3rd, '07, 11:28

I love this drama too, but there's still one thing that I can't understaind.... It's the behaviour of Tsukushis parents.... In the first season I always had the impression they're trying to "sell" their own daughter to any rich heir of some big zaibatsu... Now, her dad looses his job+ their house, so parent just disappear like "kids, do whatever..."

Code: Select all

and later, when Tsukushi finds an "apartment", they're back smiling like "tadaimaaaa"..... Is that normal?! :x 

najimta

Post by najimta » Feb 3rd, '07, 11:31

did anyone upload this onto sendspace or r there any ddl's? if there are can you please send a link.

twothreefour

Post by twothreefour » Feb 3rd, '07, 11:33

I love this drama too, but there's still one thing that I can't understaind.... It's the behaviour of Tsukushis parents...
They're much worse in the manga, if you can believe it. Makino's dad is more of a deadbeat, Mom is more of a nag.

HaJoSa

Post by HaJoSa » Feb 3rd, '07, 13:24

OMG!!! OMG!!!

The download is tooo slow :cry: ..... it is stuck on 6.4%

I'm dieing .... i want to watch ep5... :goggle:

do u have online source Mina???

lsqB

Re: parents... are they normal?! :)

Post by lsqB » Feb 3rd, '07, 13:33

SeyiaH wrote:I love this drama too, but there's still one thing that I can't understaind.... It's the behaviour of Tsukushis parents.... In the first season I always had the impression they're trying to "sell" their own daughter to any rich heir of some big zaibatsu... Now, her dad looses his job+ their house, so parent just disappear like "kids, do whatever..."

Code: Select all

and later, when Tsukushi finds an "apartment", they're back smiling like "tadaimaaaa"..... Is that normal?! :x 
don't take them seriously. They're suppose to be the comedians of the story.

*goes back to scripting.

mchan

Post by mchan » Feb 3rd, '07, 14:17

hmmm I still prefer the 1st season, Tsukasa was there cooler and making his mind about Makino which is how I really like men *if you know a drama - any drama - with a character like that tell me please*
I hate Shigure, and Rui looks in this season even moooore handsooome.. I admit there are more dramas in this season,, can't wait to see the next episode !!

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Feb 3rd, '07, 14:36

mchan wrote:I hate Shigure, and Rui looks in this season even moooore handsooome..
What do you hate Shigeru for? I think she's a really nice and sweet girl who isn't like all the Eitoku people who would never associate with someone who's not their class. I admit she seems kind of silly being all in love with Doumyouji whereas he keeps pushing her away. But I can somewhat understand her. If I was to marry a guy whom I didn't like, just for some ulterior, political reasons I would be glad if it was someone who's at least not (again) like the Eitoku people. Doumyouji is very original and strong. I guess that's what fascinates Shigeru about him. Also, ever since she found out he's actually a good guy at heart she was willing to try and look behind his bad boy mask. I think that makes her an adorable person. Maybe even more than Tsukushi is. (At least manga-vise. The drama Tsukushi indeed is way more likable!)

Oh right, Rui really does look H-O-T in this!!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Feb 3rd, '07, 14:52

No problem. Like I said when I started, I'm only translating c-e because no one else was doing HYD2 softsubs and would stop when someone else does j-e on a regular basis (which Lily is doing a great job of). So, I will be stopping from now on.

Look forward to your releases :)

Ca-Binh

Post by Ca-Binh » Feb 3rd, '07, 15:03

thanks for subbing!

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 3rd, '07, 15:13

i saw the raw ep 5 last night after re watching SARS ep 4. what a night.

anyone who has seen ep 5, don't feel like HUGING Dom SO tightly after watching it????

is anyone more gentle and loving and caring than Dom? i don't think so. behind that his violent mask, he is such a sensetive person.

as for shigeru, i have not decided wether to love or hate her. although i am more on liking her side at the moment and i hope that she does not so anything to make me change my view of her later.
i have not read the manga and not seen metor garden. my discovery of HYD started with jun discovery in Gakusen so i am pretty clueless in what has happend in its manga world. but i try to read from every where about and tried to search about shigeru's character but as they changing some of stories between drama and manga, i really don't know how her character will end. but so far she is so lovely and i feel sorry for her because he is loving Dom knwoing or seeing (actually) that he can't return those same feelings. very sad indeed.
but at very same time, i really don't her to be very good in this drama because i really love tsukushi and tsukasa couple and i don't to see that there is another nice person that is getting hurt from their relationship. so she better turn a bit evil or bad to justify any evile acts if she is about to cause Dom and Tsukushi.
the same goes for rui too. he does looks EVEN MORE HOOOOTTER than seaon 1 . but i always have eyes for Dom only . and can Domyoji get any HOOOTTER than this at all.

Gia3000

Post by Gia3000 » Feb 3rd, '07, 15:54

I don't know how closely the series follows the manga but what Volume/Chapter in the manga corresponds to HYD2 - episode 4?

I'd be ever so thankful if anyone can answer me.

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » Feb 3rd, '07, 16:06

The dorama isn't exactly following the manga. They're mixing up stories. There are a lot of things taken from the manga, but they're out of order so it's hard to tell what exactly what story they're on or how things will turn out.

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Feb 3rd, '07, 16:13

@Gia3000: Very hard to say as they're always mixing up various arcs. I'd say the 4th episode is sort of a mix of the, like 18th and the 29th volume.

@Issa: Hehehe, you have a point there. Doumyouji is adorable. I didn't like Jun in the first season but he kind of got me now.
As for the "violent mask": Though I'm of the opinion that he often hides his true feelings when it comes to being nice, I don't think his violence as an act. He does hit people badly, that's a fact. It seems whenever "normal" people tend to cry or get depressed he will just kick someone's ass. That's Doumyouji for you. :P I'm kind of disappointed he's still like that, considering most of us believed he has become a way better person after he left for NY...

One thing I forgot to write in my previous post about Susumu's story in the 5th episode:
I didn't think it to be boring or anything as I rather watched it as some sort of proof that Doumyouji didn't help Tsukushi back then at the TOJ only because he wanted her to get the money or anything but because it made him happy simply to *help*. He's now in the exact same situation, only that it's Susumu whom he helps, hence there's no benefit for Doumyouji whatsoever. Add, Doumyouji seems a lot more patient now. (He really did change a bit after all. :roll )

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Feb 3rd, '07, 16:14

Kath-Lee wrote:
mchan wrote:I hate Shigure, and Rui looks in this season even moooore handsooome..
What do you hate Shigeru for? I think she's a really nice and sweet girl who isn't like all the Eitoku people who would never associate with someone who's not their class. I admit she seems kind of silly being all in love with Doumyouji whereas he keeps pushing her away. But I can somewhat understand her. If I was to marry a guy whom I didn't like, just for some ulterior, political reasons I would be glad if it was someone who's at least not (again) like the Eitoku people. Doumyouji is very original and strong. I guess that's what fascinates Shigeru about him. Also, ever since she found out he's actually a good guy at heart she was willing to try and look behind his bad boy mask. I think that makes her an adorable person. Maybe even more than Tsukushi is. (At least manga-vise. The drama Tsukushi indeed is way more likable!)

Oh right, Rui really does look H-O-T in this!!
after this episode, I love Shigeru. she was like the much-needed comedic relief for me in ep5. I love her. (I mean, I still want Doumyouji and Tsukushi together, but...
and Soujirou looks hot too! ^^;

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Feb 3rd, '07, 16:34

i think there are all these Shigeru haters because everyone is so use to having Tsukushi x Tsukasa and can't stand another girl getting in the way.

Although if that is the case... are there any Rui haters? LOLs, cos he's kinda doing the same thing.

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Feb 3rd, '07, 16:43

auroragb wrote:
No problem. Like I said when I started, I'm only translating c-e because no one else was doing HYD2 softsubs and would stop when someone else does j-e on a regular basis (which Lily is doing a great job of). So, I will be stopping from now on.

Look forward to your releases :)
Oh no, i didn't mean it like (oh we're taking over don't do a second one) :O I meant only one version from me and lily... cuz last week I updated the subs 3 different times and I was hoping I would get it right the first time.... I didn't mean it like one version of subs verses yours.... that's all gomen

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Feb 3rd, '07, 16:44

angeizahoy wrote:i think there are all these Shigeru haters because everyone is so use to having Tsukushi x Tsukasa and can't stand another girl getting in the way.

Although if that is the case... are there any Rui haters? LOLs, cos he's kinda doing the same thing.
No he's not. Whereas Shigeru doesn't know Doumyouji and Tsukushi still like each other, Rui is recklessly interfering with them. I kind of understand him as it looks like Doumyouji has been selfish the whole time, pushing Tsukushi away all of a sudden without even giving her a reason... But as a friend he might have tried to find out what's behind all this as Akira and Soujiro did. Add, he isn't considering ANYONE's feelings aside from Tsukushi's. And his own of course. I really grow disliking him with each episode... (The character Rui, that is. Of course Shun is way too adorable to hate him. :mrgreen: )

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 3rd, '07, 16:48

angeizahoy wrote:i think there are all these Shigeru haters because everyone is so use to having Tsukushi x Tsukasa and can't stand another girl getting in the way.

my point exactly.
as for rui, i am kind of getting annoyed at him right now. even though i LOVE shun to bits. but he better leave Tsukushi xtsukasa alone. but at the same time, he has not done any thing wrong because Tsukasa who left Tsukushi (for what ever reason) and he was there for her all the time.
it is kind of selfish of Tsukasa to go along with his mom plan and still wanting tsukushi to be with him and not anyone else. but that is love. people always are selfish when it somes to it.
i just can not take the sadness in Dom's eyes anymore. it is getting more and more by each episod my heart just aches by end of each one.

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Feb 3rd, '07, 16:52

Kath-Lee wrote:

No he's not. Whereas Shigeru doesn't know Doumyouji and Tsukushi still like each other, Rui is recklessly interfering with them. I kind of understand him as it looks like Doumyouji has been selfish the whole time, pushing Tsukushi away all of a sudden without even giving her a reason... But as a friend he might have tried to find out what's behind all this as Akira and Soujiro did. Add, he isn't considering ANYONE's feelings aside from Tsukushi's. And his own of course. I really grow disliking him with each episode... (The character Rui, that is. Of course Shun is way too adorable to hate him. :mrgreen: )
no, I think Rui did well by waiting until Tsukasa said it himself, that him and tsukushi are over And he also knows Tsukasa well, he knows that he'll keep wavering until someone does something. Because he likes tsukushi, of course he won't wait until whenever tsukasa is finished with her and ends up having to marry shigeru because it's ripping everybody into shreds. It doesn't matter if they're friends, tsukasa's indecision is putting everybody in awkward positions and Rui was never one to put up with that sort of behavior . I think what he's doing is making tsukasa realize that if he says its over with tsukushi then he has to let everything go cleanly. He's essentially saying to tsukasa "quit fooling around and decide!". And don't forget that they DID try to find out what was going on when they went to nyc, several times in fact, but tsukasa didn't tell them. In fact, he hasn't let on that he's having these disturbing dreams to anyone, their only indication is his sudden break-off with tsukushi.

Isis

Post by Isis » Feb 3rd, '07, 16:52

Owh, I am so DESPERATE to see next week...

*starts trying to find a way to keep distracted for a week.*