Got Japanese Girlfriend?

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
bravegoof

Got Japanese Girlfriend?

Post by bravegoof » Dec 27th, '06, 06:18

Japanese girl~japanese girl~Japanese girl~Japanese girl~Japanese gir~japanese girl

That is all in my head for 3 weeks now, I have never imagined that i would be interested in japanese girl, I guess with all that excessive animes, drama and movies that I have been watching must have got me into this. I have nothing against japanese girls, I think they are cute, funny, and friendly. I never had any japanese girlfriend so I wouldn't know in reality what are their personalities are like, I would love to go out with one but not enough japanse girls where I live, it's funny, as pure korean guy I thought I would be more interested in korean girls but suddenly I am dying to having a japanese girl, I guess because most korean girls I went out with is mostly needy or maybe I was just unlucky that i met needy korean girlfriend =/....anyway...

What do you guys think of Japanese girls? If you ever had one or met one, what are their personalities are like?

nhk9

Post by nhk9 » Dec 27th, '06, 06:42

White men and Korean men are popular among today's Japanese girls. Since you're a Korean, you should utilize your background to your advantage. Simply be a stereotypical Korean man found in the dramas, and you would be hugely popular. Well nowadays honestly speaking there are more and more Korean men marrying Japanese women nowadays, perhaps due to the Korean wave. One thing I noticed from watching interviews of those Korean-Japanese couples is that it seems like almost always the Japanese women would be learning Korean instead of the men learning Japanese. So you definitely would want to improve your Korean, if you don't speak it already

bravegoof

Post by bravegoof » Dec 27th, '06, 14:14

nhk9 wrote:White men and Korean men are popular among today's Japanese girls. Since you're a Korean, you should utilize your background to your advantage. Simply be a stereotypical Korean man found in the dramas, and you would be hugely popular. Well nowadays honestly speaking there are more and more Korean men marrying Japanese women nowadays, perhaps due to the Korean wave. One thing I noticed from watching interviews of those Korean-Japanese couples is that it seems like almost always the Japanese women would be learning Korean instead of the men learning Japanese. So you definitely would want to improve your Korean, if you don't speak it already
Really? wow I guess I better start watching more korean dramas soon and do my homework. Maybe I will just be like "Bae Young Jun", have scarft around my neck, put some glasses on and just smile ---> :D . I hope I can find some japanese girls where I live and test out my charm ~_~. Thank you for the tip nhk9.......btw would you happen to be japanese girl?? ~_~ curious

anoney

Post by anoney » Dec 27th, '06, 14:33

One thing to remember about Japanese females is that... they are females.

Once the initial mystery and allure wears off, you'll find that females are females no matter where they are born or how they look. Yes, some traits of their personality are the result of their surroundings/cultures, but in my experience the attraction to Japanese girls is generally an aesthetic one.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Dec 27th, '06, 14:41

Women are women. They are all equally frustrating and wonderful in a similar way regardless of race - its the individual thats the key. yes, thats not interesting but its true!! so dont expect TOO much.

that being said, if you want a japanese girl, go for it!! why not. I like how japanese women look, so i dated them, and wound up married to one. :P and shes great!

its not good to ignore preferences often, cause you may find yourself pulled in that way anyway, so good luck and happy hunting.

bravegoof

Post by bravegoof » Dec 27th, '06, 14:53

nikochanr3 wrote:Women are women. They are all equally frustrating and wonderful in a similar way regardless of race - its the individual thats the key. yes, thats not interesting but its true!! so dont expect TOO much.

that being said, if you want a japanese girl, go for it!! why not. I like how japanese women look, so i dated them, and wound up married to one. :P and shes great!

its not good to ignore preferences often, cause you may find yourself pulled in that way anyway, so good luck and happy hunting.
Congratulation ~_~ how lucky you are...I bet you can eat "all you can eat" sushi everyday. But are you having some difficulties with different backgrounds? that is my major concern if i do marry a girl from different background, I heard lot of people divorce for that reason. And do you know how to speak japanese? ~_~ just curious

PJB

Post by PJB » Dec 27th, '06, 14:57

Just be sure to get your parents approval, even if you have to shout it out of them (which is what I've come close to doing LOL) ;)

bravegoof

Post by bravegoof » Dec 27th, '06, 15:01

PJB wrote:Just be sure to get your parents approval, even if you have to shout it out of them (which is what I've come close to doing LOL) ;)
ouch.. I hope you don't break relationship with your parent..that is worst thing that can happen.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 27th, '06, 15:14

Work out, educate yourself and learn how to treat women to become a desirable human specimen. Learn Japanese too, education never hurts. Go to Japan and have a little fun, you'll have a lot. The attraction between Korean men and Japanese women is indeed mutual, though by far not ALL Japanese women are cute, friendly, nice or whatever else you think they are. Just keep in mind that, as you grow up, you will notice that while you go through all kinds of phases and racial fetishes when you're young, eventually you'll just want a good woman you can talk to. Whether she'll be Japanese, Korean or something else remains to be seen, and that's the way it should be.
Last edited by Néa Vanille on Dec 27th, '06, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

kotaeshiranaihito

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Dec 27th, '06, 15:20

the one I dated had a nice face and a killer body (had to get that out of the way).

Also one thing that was different about her is that she never wanted to hang out with me, only dates. Most girls I knew always were interested in studying together, or just walking around campus, or eating. Her, she always made excuses NOT to do things with me, but she was always happy when we went on dates together (and came home from them ;) ). She was also very polite, and quiet. ... Did I mention she had a killer body?

If you want a tip on how to get one, the best ones I can offer are these

1) You do NOT watch anime!!
2) you do NOT play video games!!
3) you do NOT read manga!!
4) you think those otaku are annoying.

Otaku are still treated the same way they were 3 years regardless of densha otoko's popularity. Japanese girls don't like them. They will never tell you this if you tell them you like anime because they are too polite, but they really can't stand otaku-they tell me all the time. Since you're asian, they will put up with your otakuness a lot less than if you're white.

bravegoof

Post by bravegoof » Dec 27th, '06, 15:57

kotaeshiranaihito wrote:the one I dated had a nice face and a killer body (had to get that out of the way).

Also one thing that was different about her is that she never wanted to hang out with me, only dates. Most girls I knew always were interested in studying together, or just walking around campus, or eating. Her, she always made excuses NOT to do things with me, but she was always happy when we went on dates together (and came home from them ;) ). She was also very polite, and quiet. ... Did I mention she had a killer body?

If you want a tip on how to get one, the best ones I can offer are these

1) You do NOT watch anime!!
2) you do NOT play video games!!
3) you do NOT read manga!!
4) you think those otaku are annoying.

Otaku are still treated the same way they were 3 years regardless of densha otoko's popularity. Japanese girls don't like them. They will never tell you this if you tell them you like anime because they are too polite, but they really can't stand otaku-they tell me all the time. Since you're asian, they will put up with your otakuness a lot less than if you're white.
Wow, I think I learned something today by reading your post, thank you kotae. I never thought MOST japanese girls felt that way about anime, manga, games. I better start selling some of these animes on E-Bay ~_~ and start watching more dramas and movies.

bravegoof

Post by bravegoof » Dec 27th, '06, 16:02

Néa Vanille wrote:Work out, educate yourself and learn how to treat women to become a desirable human specimen. Learn Japanese too, education never hurts. Go to Japan and have a little fun, you'll have a lot. The attraction between Korean men and Japanese women is indeed mutual, though by far not ALL Japanese women are cute, friendly, nice or whatever else you think they are. Just keep in mind that, as you grow up, you will notice that while you go through all kinds of phases and racial fetishes when you're young, eventually you'll just want a good woman you can talk to. Whether she'll be Japanese, Korean or something else remains to be seen, and that's the way it should be.
Hmm, you do have a point there. I guess in the end females like guys that are buffed, well educated, funny, friendly and etc etc etc. I better do something with my body......got bowflex anyone?

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Dec 28th, '06, 02:15

bravegoof wrote:
nhk9 wrote:White men and Korean men are popular among today's Japanese girls. Since you're a Korean, you should utilize your background to your advantage. Simply be a stereotypical Korean man found in the dramas, and you would be hugely popular. Well nowadays honestly speaking there are more and more Korean men marrying Japanese women nowadays, perhaps due to the Korean wave. One thing I noticed from watching interviews of those Korean-Japanese couples is that it seems like almost always the Japanese women would be learning Korean instead of the men learning Japanese. So you definitely would want to improve your Korean, if you don't speak it already
Really? wow I guess I better start watching more korean dramas soon and do my homework. Maybe I will just be like "Bae Young Jun", have scarft around my neck, put some glasses on and just smile ---> :D . I hope I can find some japanese girls where I live and test out my charm ~_~. Thank you for the tip nhk9.......btw would you happen to be japanese girl?? ~_~ curious

Doesn't Bae Yong Joon appeal to the older Japanese women? I read something along those lines...

bravegoof

Post by bravegoof » Dec 28th, '06, 03:25

Eziya Minamoto wrote:
bravegoof wrote:

Doesn't Bae Yong Joon appeal to the older Japanese women? I read something along those lines...
You know what.....you are right, i was watching one of the korean TV show and one of the Japanese girl as guest said he is popular among older women, especially married women she says. I don't think I want to be attractive to older women, especially married women.

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Dec 28th, '06, 03:32

bravegoof wrote:
Eziya Minamoto wrote:
bravegoof wrote:

You know what.....you are right, i was watching one of the korean TV show and one of the Japanese girl as guest said he is popular among older women, especially married women she says. I don't think I want to be attractive to older women, especially married women.
That would be pretty weird...Hahaha, but I think he's pretty cute, but I'm not Japanese or Korean.

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 28th, '06, 04:24

bravegoof wrote:
Congratulation ~_~ how lucky you are...I bet you can eat "all you can eat" sushi everyday.
What do you mean by "all you can eat" sushi ? :whistling:

bravegoof

Post by bravegoof » Dec 28th, '06, 04:51

getsuga wrote:
bravegoof wrote:
Congratulation ~_~ how lucky you are...I bet you can eat "all you can eat" sushi everyday.
What do you mean by "all you can eat" sushi ? :whistling:
Oh, that? lol, Since he is married to a japanese and japanese food mascot is "Sushi", but that doesn't mean he will eat sushi for life, no way ~_~, I was trying to say he can eat alot of japanese cusine and try them out compare to other married couples or singles. If this doesn't make any sense just drop the "sushi" part, I don't know even know exactly why I said it.....I guess I was hungry for sushi at that time ~_~

You thinking Arby's? Im thinking sushi O_o

PJB

Post by PJB » Dec 28th, '06, 09:26

I just try to win my parents over. It just takes a hell of a long time and hard work to convince them about things. Aigo... why is my life so hard TT

Yoroshiku

Post by Yoroshiku » Dec 31st, '06, 10:01

Im Taiwanese and I have a Japanese girlfriend now :D
Took her to my home over thxgiving break and my relative loved her :wub:
now the parents part... :O

Dee_Chan^.^

Hello!!

Post by Dee_Chan^.^ » Dec 31st, '06, 10:15

こんにちは (^_^) I'm a Japanese filipino girl and i agree with soem of the posts because of the hallyu wave I think the fact that you are korean is an advantage. Most of my girlfriends (Japanese or half japanese/taiwanese) right now are into korean men...take note of DBSK!! They are so big in Japan..also soem of us are learnign korean like, what another person posted before..anyohaseyo (=_+) is that right?

Sorry if english not good.
[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6721/kbs04th2rt2.gif[/img]

Yoroshiku

Re: Hello!!

Post by Yoroshiku » Dec 31st, '06, 10:27

Dee_Chan^.^ wrote:こんにちは (^_^) I'm a Japanese filipino girl and i agree with soem of the posts because of the hallyu wave I think the fact that you are korean is an advantage. Most of my girlfriends (Japanese or half japanese/taiwanese) right now are into korean men...take note of DBSK!! They are so big in Japan..also soem of us are learnign korean like, what another person posted before..anyohaseyo (=_+) is that right?

Sorry if english not good.
[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6721/kbs04th2rt2.gif[/img]
my JP gf is really into Korean laguage. She self learned korean and she can pretty much talk and write like Korean.

Phearsome

Post by Phearsome » Dec 31st, '06, 10:32

I grew up being around a lot of white folks haha but every Japanese girl that i have met and have made friends with have always been nice/kind to me. But some of them act like princesses to me if you get my drift :P . But you never know until you date one.

(but still Japanese girls are HAWT! so are Korean girls :whistling: )

bravegoof

Post by bravegoof » Dec 31st, '06, 21:15

I am so glad that I am born as korean ~_~ and I want to say "thank you" to korean actors, singers who worked so hard to earn their reputation in Japan and also having huge infulence towards Korea O_o..... this is going to help me big time, .....now I gotta get myself out there and get me one of those called "Japanese Girl".

WoW, I didn't know that japanese are hardcore about learning korean, is that really true? hard to believe

richardli

Re: Got Japanese Girlfriend?

Post by richardli » Jan 1st, '07, 15:25

bravegoof wrote:Japanese girl~japanese girl~Japanese girl~Japanese girl~Japanese gir~japanese girl

That is all in my head for 3 weeks now, I have never imagined that i would be interested in japanese girl, I guess with all that excessive animes, drama and movies that I have been watching must have got me into this. I have nothing against japanese girls, I think they are cute, funny, and friendly. I never had any japanese girlfriend so I wouldn't know in reality what are their personalities are like, I would love to go out with one but not enough japanse girls where I live, it's funny, as pure korean guy I thought I would be more interested in korean girls but suddenly I am dying to having a japanese girl, I guess because most korean girls I went out with is mostly needy or maybe I was just unlucky that i met needy korean girlfriend =/....anyway...

What do you guys think of Japanese girls? If you ever had one or met one, what are their personalities are like?
Try becoming an English teacher, you can meet so many that way

bravegoof

Post by bravegoof » Jan 1st, '07, 18:41

richardli wrote:
bravegoof wrote:Japanese girl~japanese girl~Japanese girl~Japanese girl~Japanese gir~japanese girl

Try becoming an English teacher, you can meet so many that way
hey, that's not a bad idea, why didn't I think of that, thank you for the tip

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 2nd, '07, 14:18

bravegoof wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote:Women are women. They are all equally frustrating and wonderful in a similar way regardless of race - its the individual thats the key. yes, thats not interesting but its true!! so dont expect TOO much.

Congratulation ~_~ how lucky you are...I bet you can eat "all you can eat" sushi everyday. But are you having some difficulties with different backgrounds? that is my major concern if i do marry a girl from different background, I heard lot of people divorce for that reason. And do you know how to speak japanese? ~_~ just curious
im not sure what you mean by ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI. :P do i want to know? haha...

anyway, the cultural thing is more winning over the family and deciding where you are going to live and such. the other cultural things were smaller, be prepared for adjusting for things you just dont understand. (she wants things done a certain way, so i must do it....even i dont know why...)

i dont speak japanese (although im barely functional speaking)....

bestletdown

Post by bestletdown » Jan 2nd, '07, 21:07

well, i know i cant judge myself but my boyfriend is chinese and i'm japanese.

just to let you know, most americanized japanese girls (like myself) are NOT like the girls in morning musume.(super high-pitched voices who are "KAWAII")

i can just go on a tangent about the fake girls in japan so i think i'll stop talking now :P

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 2nd, '07, 21:27

bestletdown wrote:well, i know i cant judge myself but my boyfriend is chinese and i'm japanese.

just to let you know, most americanized japanese girls (like myself) are NOT like the girls in morning musume.(super high-pitched voices who are "KAWAII")

i can just go on a tangent about the fake girls in japan so i think i'll stop talking now :P
:lol if it makes you feel better, people expect idolized blonde girls. chinese girls, black girls, basically all girls. men are just dumb. its not just cause you are japanese. :lol people always ask me if my wife is submissive, i laugh.... :roll

koutenji

Post by koutenji » Jan 5th, '07, 06:59

well i live in cali.... and ive never seen a japanese girl once!! or its just if i meet her... she might be my wife.. HAHAHA :lol :thumright:

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Jan 5th, '07, 22:55

koutenji wrote:well i live in cali.... and ive never seen a japanese girl once!! or its just if i meet her... she might be my wife.. HAHAHA :lol :thumright:
Are you serious?? California is like the melting pot of race...

kotaeshiranaihito

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Jan 5th, '07, 23:13

bravegoof wrote: hey, that's not a bad idea, why didn't I think of that, thank you for the tip
Hey, just curious, did you meet one yet?

And also where do you live? Are there even any there?

EleKYAH

Post by EleKYAH » Jan 5th, '07, 23:28

Saying Cali he means Cali, Colombia, not California :P

I'm half white half korean, so i have x2 chance to get a jap girlfriend? :lol

Meh, ive no idea of jap girls, korean girls only i can say theyre too polite, quite, unaccesible, im explaining well? well maybe later i write somethin more :mrgreen:

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Jan 5th, '07, 23:35

EleKYAH wrote:Saying Cali he means Cali, Colombia, not California :P

Meh, ive no idea of jap girls, korean girls only i can say theyre too polite, quite, unaccesible, im explaining well? well maybe later i write somethin more :mrgreen:
Oh...sorry, I'm from California, so whenever anyone says Cali, I assume, California...

Err... I'm guessing there not much of Japanese population in Colombia then...?

koutenji

Post by koutenji » Jan 6th, '07, 01:26

EleKYAH wrote:Saying Cali he means Cali, Colombia, not California :P

uhhh i do mean California....thats where you can find Stockton

EleKYAH

Post by EleKYAH » Jan 6th, '07, 01:52

And haven't you seen any jap girl in california? lol so noobish :whistling:

koutenji

Post by koutenji » Jan 6th, '07, 01:57

EleKYAH wrote:And haven't you seen any jap girl in california? lol so noobish :whistling:
ROFL i havent seen one at my school....kinda sad :-(

bravegoof

Post by bravegoof » Jan 6th, '07, 03:13

Japanese girl? yeah there was one I met in highschool, but she spoke no japanese and weren't born in Japan....so..I wasn't that interested in her but boy she was into me ~_~.

I am living in Virginia and I haven't seen many young japanese girls....I am sure they have some kind of secret hide out somewhere in virginia...I shall follow my nose and find it ~_~

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Jan 6th, '07, 20:15

bestletdown wrote:well, i know i cant judge myself but my boyfriend is chinese and i'm japanese.

yeah, is that super high-pitched voiced thing for real? it is kinda cute, they sound like cartoons.
anoney wrote:One thing to remember about Japanese females is that... they are females.

Once the initial mystery and allure wears off, you'll find that females are females no matter where they are born or how they look. Yes, some traits of their personality are the result of their surroundings/cultures, but in my experience the attraction to Japanese girls is generally an aesthetic one.
This is probably 90% true. I've dated the rainbow in my time, now I'm with a nice American girl whose half Japanese. Sometimes when I do something to piss her off, she won't tell me. She'll just get quiet and act like nothings wrong, even though it's totally obvious there is. Then when I'm like why don't you tell me, she says, this is the Japanese side of me. Well...maybe, but then most girls I know have a Japanese side. lol.

bestletdown

Post by bestletdown » Jan 6th, '07, 23:07

ruisu wrote:

yeah, is that super high-pitched voiced thing for real? it is kinda cute, they sound like cartoons.
anoney wrote:One thing to remember about Japanese females is that... they are females.

This is probably 90% true. I've dated the rainbow in my time, now I'm with a nice American girl whose half Japanese. Sometimes when I do something to piss her off, she won't tell me. She'll just get quiet and act like nothings wrong, even though it's totally obvious there is. Then when I'm like why don't you tell me, she says, this is the Japanese side of me. Well...maybe, but then most girls I know have a Japanese side. lol.
there are quite a few girls in japan that sound like that which makes me mad because it sounds so fake to me.

and your girlfriend said its the japanese side of her when she doesnt tell you whats wrong? i think every girl is like that

Ayulyn

Post by Ayulyn » Jan 12th, '07, 03:37

ruisu wrote:

no, every girl is like that. girls are naturally emotional and do alot of thinking with their emotions. when my bf pisses me off, i just get quiet but have this angry look on my face. half the time he doesnt even get it that im upset..so i unfortunately have to tell him all the time that im upset with him, but sometimes i wish he would just notice. (alot of guys have a one track way of thinking, heh!)

ah, girls and boys. we both work in completely different ways. =D

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Jan 12th, '07, 03:42

Ayulyn wrote:no, every girl is like that.
I know, I was agreeing with anoney remember? :P
I left a 10% to not be such a generalizer... 8)

elyusai

Post by elyusai » Jan 19th, '07, 06:08

Hello!!! I'm a Filipino boy. 23 years old. It's been 6 years ago (it will become 7 this March) since a Filipino girl rejected me in highschool. Since then, I swore to myself that the next girl I'm going to court is a Japanese girl. I was discriminated because of my surname and maybe because of that, I hated my own race. Up until now, I wasn't able to find a pure Japanese girl here or even a girlfriend yet. Only Nikeijin girls (half-Japanese, half-Filipino). But they didn't become my girlfriend because I have a feeling that everytime I try to court a girl, the people around her is saying things about me even if they really don't know me. There are plenty of Korean girls here in my town, studying English but most of them are slit-eyed (unlike the Korean actresses showed in Local TV). The reason maybe because we're the same like bravegoof. Bombarded with animes and jdoramas that's why we got hook-up with Japanese girls.

BTW, these are the reasons why I really like Japanese Girls:

1. They are cute.
2. They like arts.
3. They are devoted.
4. They love to display children items.
5. They are fun-loving.
6. They are hard-working. (I hope that they have time for love.)
7. They are cheerful.
8. They are unique. (their mentality, culture, how they behave)
9. They are music-lovers. (My favorite song is sang by a Jpop.)
10. They are fashion-oriented. (Kinda funky & street-fashion- Cool!)
11. They are innovative people.
12. They are intelligent.
13. They are advance-thinkers. (I hope not too advanced for me.)
14. They are hygienic.

*Please correct me if any of these are wrong.

unmeidash

Post by unmeidash » Jan 21st, '07, 00:52

be careful what you ask for... :lol
not all japanese girls are like the ones you see at jdramas.

maybe it's just me, but all the japanese girls I've dated are kinda persuasive.

there was one girl that, during a trip to odaiba, wanted a stuffed toy from a crane game.
during that time, i didn't know squat about the operation and had to spend more than 2000jpy
just to get one. she really bugged me to get that one. but seh's too damn cute
to stay mad at... so, well....

luckily I'm a foreigner and asked the help of the arcade personnel to arrange the toys
so that even a 5 year old can get it.

and most employed girls, puts work before fun... may i suggest you find a
part-timer (fleeter) so you can up your chances of getting quality time :-)

in your case, a student (prefereably studying english) would be nice :lol
you're filipino, right? use your english skills to charm one out

just sharing my experience
:thumleft:

groink

Post by groink » Jan 21st, '07, 01:03

elyusai wrote:BTW, these are the reasons why I really like Japanese Girls:

1. They are cute.
2. They like arts.
3. They are devoted.
5. They are fun-loving.
7. They are cheerful.
14. They are hygienic.
... and then when the Japanese drama was over and turned off the TV, I was left with this:

[img]http://www.jimpoz.com/quotes/images/speakers/diller.jpg[/img]

--- groink

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 21st, '07, 01:13

EleKYAH wrote: I'm half white half korean, so i have x2 chance to get a jap girlfriend? :lol

hm..i dont understand why japanese girls? is it because of too much japanese drama that other asians arent' good enough? lol but seriously,,i'm sure not all korean are all polite,and quite. is it alright to just date an asian and not so much just japanese or korean , or chinese?
it's confusing lol

unmeidash

Post by unmeidash » Jan 21st, '07, 01:14

groink wrote: ... and then when the Japanese drama was over and turned off the TV, I was left with this:

[img]http://www.jimpoz.com/quotes/images/speakers/diller.jpg[/img]

--- groink
'nuff said
:lol

Saburo

Post by Saburo » Jan 21st, '07, 02:06

bravegoof wrote:What do you guys think of Japanese girls?
Like 'em, dated 'em, "had" 'em, love 'em.

Women have the power...

minorinhu

Post by minorinhu » Jan 21st, '07, 03:39

elyusai wrote:

1. They are cute.
2. They like arts.
3. They are devoted.
5. They are fun-loving.
7. They are cheerful.
14. They are hygienic.

Well, me and my older sister are brazilians, our parents are both japanese though. So if by pure japanese you mean "japanese girls born in Japan" discard my post but my sister is not even half of the reasons you mentioned :P
Also, any other girl can be like the reasons above, don't you think so? :mrgreen:

elyusai

Post by elyusai » Jan 21st, '07, 08:57

minorinhu wrote:
elyusai wrote:

1. They are cute.
2. They like arts.
3. They are devoted.
5. They are fun-loving.
7. They are cheerful.
14. They are hygienic.

Well, me and my older sister are brazilians, our parents are both japanese though. So if by pure japanese you mean "japanese girls born in Japan" discard my post but my sister is not even half of the reasons you mentioned :P
Also, any other girl can be like the reasons above, don't you think so? :mrgreen:
Yes, I'm talking about Japanese girls born in Japan and "environment" is one of the major keys / reasons / factors why I like them. There is really something unique and cute about Japanese girls that's why I like them so much. I just can't describe what it is since I just saw it through media and not personally.

siangsaolong

Post by siangsaolong » Jan 21st, '07, 09:24

not all Japanese girls are like that
and not even more than half
actually I can't say that much coz I don't have much Japanese friends
but they are various to me like every race in the world

And I am in Japan (of course I want a Japanese girlfriend too)

ouss

Post by ouss » Jan 21st, '07, 09:41

i have met 3 japanese girls last year in france.
they were cute and polite but they get drunk really fast.
i was celebrating with my best friend new year near the eiffel tower with a bottle of champagne and wine.
i gave them just 1 cup of champagne....*shock*...they were really drunk!

i didnt want to take the advantage of their drunkness, i m not this type of guy :). so we celebrated till the morning and i went back to the hotel with my best friend.

well, from what i have seen, black, asian people get drunk faster than others. maybe their resistance to alcohol is weak?

btw, i never had a japanese girlfriend. i d like to try since i m single now.
i have a question to the guys who dated a japense girl :
did u go out with her, because she was japanese and u really like japanese culture/drama/anime/singer/actor(ress) ? or it was something else?

Daisukimaru

Post by Daisukimaru » Jan 21st, '07, 10:22

i went out with my ex japanese girlfriend because i liked there culture but japanese girls who are born here in the united states well i'm in california by the way are just like any other girl and i only had one cause its like really hard to find a japanese girl around my area but right now im into korean girls they just happen to be more innocent in my point of view i dont think my opinion applies to the topic and im 16 so yea

elyusai

Post by elyusai » Jan 21st, '07, 14:42

siangsaolong wrote:not all Japanese girls are like that
and not even more than half
actually I can't say that much coz I don't have much Japanese friends
but they are various to me like every race in the world

And I am in Japan (of course I want a Japanese girlfriend too)
But that's what I saw on TV and in my PC, so I believe in that. Well, if not all, I think majority of them are like that. :mrgreen: How can you say that it's not even more than half if you only based it on few of your friends? (Just asking. :-) )

unmeidash

Post by unmeidash » Jan 21st, '07, 14:51

elyusai wrote:
But that's what I saw on TV and in my PC, so I believe in that. Well, if not all, I think majority of them are like that. :mrgreen: How can you say that it's not even more than half if you only based it on few of your friends? (Just asking. :-) )

you shouldn't believe in everything you see on TV. :-)

most japanese women i know, and see on the streets have the "kawaii" mentality.
it doesn't matter how they do it, but they should act, and be cute. much to the chagrin of
most, if not all, foreign men. but you could get someone for a date, the casual and not romantic one, using some friend finder websites. you get plus points if you know english
and you're willing to teach :lol

on my experience at least :P

kaojen

Post by kaojen » Jan 21st, '07, 15:12

Japanese girls are people too.

'Nuff said.

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 21st, '07, 16:28

unmeidash wrote:
elyusai wrote:

it doesn't matter how they do it, but they should act, and be cute. much to the chagrin of
most, if not all, foreign men. but you could get someone for a date, the casual and not romantic one, using some friend finder websites. you get plus points if you know english

I have a question do guys like japanese girl becuz u guys think they are innocent? i know that sounds weird thou. lol

and of course NEVER believe in eveything u see on TV. they are just actors! they can act,,, that's what they do for a living! lol and just becuz u think majority of japanese girl act "kawaii" on tv doesn't mean they do. Thou they do have a cute style and clothing. after all they are females. and in the end females will never change soo much, even if ur from a different country.

Alpedra

Post by Alpedra » Jan 22nd, '07, 10:54

1. They are cute.
2. They like arts.
3. They are devoted.
5. They are fun-loving.
7. They are cheerful.
14. They are hygienic.
Japanese girls.. are like any kind of girls.... you will not find one that is equal to any other girl.. and if you think you will find one based on those stereotypes only (usually those stereotypes are based on dramas/anime), you will be searching all your entire life.... that is your "ideal girl".. and there´s no such thing as a real "ideal girl".

Believe me.. I know.. I´ve been to Japan many, many times.. I am married to a japanese person.. and I´ve met quite a few japanese girls during my stays in Japan.. not so much different from girls everywhere (except the language.. loooks.. and one or two cultural things)... :-)

Acke

Post by Acke » Jan 22nd, '07, 15:02

I were in Japan this winter and damn the girls are as cute and beautiful as i always thought, by watching dramas and movies :o I met many girls and all of them is very friendly, all the girls are giving you crazy looks, maybe coz im white well well.. everyone is really stylish, not a single person goes without latest fashion sense ;o
Well. Its hard to say things about peoples behaviour, it doesnt matter what kind of country you are from the differences are light .
And the number of inhabitants in Japan doesnt make it easier to pull them all over the same edge.

There are
Happy girls
Sad Girls
Cheerful girls
Friendly girls
Unfriendly girls
Rich Girls
Bad Girls
Unpolite girls
Polite girls
Cheap girls
Expensive girls
Good looking girls
Bad looking girls

And the same goes for the boys
Last edited by Acke on Jan 22nd, '07, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

elyusai

Post by elyusai » Jan 22nd, '07, 15:32

strawberricjam wrote:
unmeidash wrote:
elyusai wrote:

I have a question do guys like japanese girl becuz u guys think they are innocent? i know that sounds weird thou. lol

and of course NEVER believe in eveything u see on TV. they are just actors! they can act,,, that's what they do for a living! lol and just becuz u think majority of japanese girl act "kawaii" on tv doesn't mean they do. Thou they do have a cute style and clothing. after all they are females. and in the end females will never change soo much, even if ur from a different country.
I don't believe that most Japanese girls are innocent. My Nihongo teacher (who lived in Japan for more than 20 years) told us that Japanese girls are wilder (when it comes to how they dress, how they behave and sex) than American girls. After all, most Japanese girls today are influenced by the cultures in the west. And I do believe in that, based on what I saw on TV and in the net. But certainly, I don't discriminate that all Japanese girls act like that. Maybe there are plenty more who are well-mannered and fine. :D

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 22nd, '07, 15:37

i have a wonderful japanese girl. japanese girls are just like girls from other countries, all kinds, we are all human beings after all and personalities and so on has no nationality. then thing though i find different with japanese girls are that they are more beautiful than most other girls, just in my opinion :mrgreen:

elyusai

Post by elyusai » Jan 22nd, '07, 15:41

Acke wrote:I were in Japan this winter and damn the girls are as cute and beautiful as i always thought, by watching dramas and movies :o I met many girls and all of them is very friendly, all the girls are giving you crazy looks, maybe coz im white well well.. everyone is really stylish, not a single person goes without latest fashion sense ;o
Well. Its hard to say things about peoples behaviour, it doesnt matter what kind of country you are from the differences are light .
And the number of inhabitants in Japan doesnt make it easier to draw them all over the same edge.

There are
Happy girls
Sad Girls
Cheerful girls
Friendly girls
Unfriendly girls
Rich Girls
Bad Girls
Unpolite girls
Polite girls
Cheap girls
Expensive girls
Good looking girls
Bad looking girls

And the same goes for the boys
Good thing a few of your words confirms mine. :mrgreen: :cheers:

groink

Post by groink » Jan 23rd, '07, 00:39

elyusai wrote:Good thing a few of your words confirms mine. :mrgreen: :cheers:
I knew it! This guy is pulling everyone's chain. You can't lecture him about anything because it isn't a part of his joke. Ha ha ha, it was funny, etc. etc. So let's just go on with the topic at-hand.

--- groink

elyusai

Post by elyusai » Jan 23rd, '07, 05:38

groink wrote:
elyusai wrote:Good thing a few of your words confirms mine. :mrgreen: :cheers:
I knew it! This guy is pulling everyone's chain. You can't lecture him about anything because it isn't a part of his joke. Ha ha ha, it was funny, etc. etc. So let's just go on with the topic at-hand.

--- groink
For your information GROINK, I copied the essential information some of you told in this thread that I think are important in my life (including those things that Alpedra said). We have our own opinions and we should respect that! You just want all people in this forum will accept EVERYTHING that you're saying, am I right?! (That's not life, moron!) And I didn't say that (Good thing a few of your words confirms mine. ) to oppose any opinions of some of you but to AGREE to what Acke said.... Idiot! :glare:
Last edited by elyusai on Jan 23rd, '07, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

richardli

New York is the place to find a Japanese girlfriend

Post by richardli » Jan 23rd, '07, 07:45

NY times article says loads of Japanese women are in New Yorkso if you can't get to Japan go there.

Aen

Post by Aen » Jan 25th, '07, 04:24

Most people like to stereotype them as shy, reserved, "kawaii", etc. But marry one and I'll guarantee you they'll be the ones that wear the pants in the relationship. :P

mcmaster

Post by mcmaster » Jan 28th, '07, 01:20

I'm aware that one must not take jdramas as reality and that women are women but the "Japanese Girllfriend" still alludes me. I've lived in the US all my life and grew up in an area lacking in minorities, yet have always been fascinated in Japanese culture and attracted to Japanese girls/women. Recently getting into J-drama/K-drama, like many of you, my interest has turned into a proposition of sorts Advantages are I'm 100% Korean with US citizenship that speaks English and working on japanese. It seems like i have some chance in finding a japanese girlfriend, however this is where the problem unfolds. I have had lots of Caucasian friends that were girls and I was the "nice guy." person that the girls would come running to to ask for advice about there horrible BFs. Well, at least in some anime/J-drama it seems that the nice guy finishes last. I wouldn't believe that trend, however it seems to happen quite readily over here. Will the same thing happen if I go japan? onces and nice guy forever a nice guy? i hope someone can disprove me.

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 28th, '07, 02:39

well ur probably ur a nice guys to those girls but a canadate bf for those other girls that see more in you..
i'm chinese and i want a japanese/chinese/korean boyfriend i think they are sweeter and cuter then caucasian boys...

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 02:56

You can't go wrong with a Japanese girl. Japanese girls are classier than most of the other asian girls in my opinion. I've known guys who have dated many different asian girls from different nationalities and this is what they say- Chinese girls can be high maintenence but uneducated. Korean girls have a tendency to get very sexual after drinking but then in the morning they scramble out of the motel and rush to church and repent.

Though there was one case I heard of that a Japanese housewife brought a black guy home while her husband was away on a business and let him make passionate love to her all night long but in the morning she sprayed pepper spay in his face and called the police.
Last edited by yamcha on Jan 28th, '07, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.

mcmaster

Post by mcmaster » Jan 28th, '07, 03:44

yamcha wrote:
Though there was one case I heard of that a Japanese housewife brought a black guy home while her husband was away on a business and let him make passionate love to her all night long but in the morning she sprayed pepper spay in his face and called the police.
hahaha, well girls being high maintenance to a degree. thats to be expected but this drama is a little over the tops for me. I would have to agree with you in that what has always struck me about Japanese women was their apparent level of sophistication in comparison to that of some girls from the U.S. where the endless pursuit of drink and pleasure, though fun, seems to be in nowadays. Someone open minded, who pursues knowledge in some form, and enjoys intellectual conversation along with all the hugs, kiss, xoxoxo etc. Some of these character traits seem so far and in between these days even though school work=no time to look. anyways your insight is much welcomed.

Another thing thats I've wondered about. Its odd enough that due to the efforts of the K-drama actors, Japanese girls are into Korean guys, but how do the Japanese parents feel about this? being Korean and American does anyone have a sense of if parental acceptance would be an issue?

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 04:07

mcmaster wrote: Another thing thats I've wondered about. Its odd enough that due to the efforts of the K-drama actors, Japanese girls are into Korean guys, but how do the Japanese parents feel about this? being Korean and American does anyone have a sense of if parental acceptance would be an issue?
Well I think its not a problem for a Japanese girl to date or marry a Korean guy as long as she and her parents understand the Korean tradition of wife beating. As I have said in the past, Korean men are passionate dudes. The girls that I know who have dated Korean guys all talk about the same unique characteristics their Korean ex-boyfriends share such as excessive drinking, womanizing, man-handling of women, instability, emotional outbursts, violence over trivial matters. Personally, I love seeing their emotional outbursts.

It my opinion it would be totally wrong for an asian girl to not want to date asian guy just because of a few minor differences in cultural character.
Last edited by yamcha on Jan 28th, '07, 04:25, edited 1 time in total.

Kosaki

Post by Kosaki » Jan 28th, '07, 04:17

heh i find this funny everytime my dad goes to a chinese/japanese restaurant he trys to hit on the waitresses its embarassing thou because he makes either me or my brother ask her age x.x

mcmaster

Post by mcmaster » Jan 28th, '07, 04:50

:blink well I'm fortunate those ex-boyfriend Korean guy traits aren't hereditary. Growing up in a different setting I'm glad that I've developed a different character set than some of native Koreans. Though its good to know what expectations or assumptions I might have to overcome. I agree, I hope they give me a chance to prove I'm Korean without the typical baggage and maybe a few unique perks. A couple more years and I'll have the chance to check out japan for myself. :P

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 05:03

mcmaster wrote::blink well I'm fortunate those ex-boyfriend Korean guy traits aren't hereditary. Growing up in a different setting I'm glad that I've developed a different character set than some of native Koreans. Though its good to know what expectations or assumptions I might have to overcome. I agree, I hope they give me a chance to prove I'm Korean without the typical baggage and maybe a few unique perks. A couple more years and I'll have the chance to check out japan for myself. :P
I think that's a good idea. The only thing I would advise you to do in order to build up your chances of getting a girl when you go to Japan is to be subtle. Just say hi , I'm (your name goes here) from America etc. Do not go up to her and say hey I'm Korean!

I would also advise you to go within the next few months since the Korean craze is already starting to blow over. By the time you get there it might be too late.

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 28th, '07, 05:08

yamcha wrote:
mcmaster wrote: Another thing thats I've wondered about. Its odd enough that due to the efforts of the K-drama actors, Japanese girls are into Korean guys, but how do the Japanese parents feel about this? being Korean and American does anyone have a sense of if parental acceptance would be an issue?
It my opinion it would be totally wrong for an asian girl to not want to date asian guy just because of a few minor differences in cultural character.
first i dont think the japanese can be that closed minded for them not wanting there daugther marring a korean boy. i think they understand and accept it as if there child wants them to.

and second i totally agree with yamcha that it's wrong for an asian girl to now want to date an asian kid just because of a few difference. i dont reallly care that we're different in culture and background and etc.

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 05:13

strawberricjam wrote: and second i totally agree with yamcha that it's wrong for an asian girl to now want to date an asian kid just because of a few difference. i dont reallly care that we're different in culture and background and etc.
I toally agree with you too. But I would never date a Korean guy though nor would my parents allow me to.