RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
khristine

Post by khristine » Jan 3rd, '07, 08:12

gabbypalacios wrote: What i want now is a break from the cutesy tiawanese dramas, i.e.-ISWAK etc., and i want some intense, dark, tear jerking korean dramas! :cheers: So i thought, where should i go for some suggestions on good korean dramas? And of course i thought of this thread. But it disappoints me to see that all of the korean dramas being recommended are ones i have already seen.

Example: My Girl.

So can anyone recommend a drama thats intense and sad? Something recent perhaps? Or something that hasnt been mentioned in this thread? I'd really appreciate the suggestions! Thanks in advance!

Have you seen What Happened in Bali? If you're really looking for dark, emotional, and really intense drama, this one will never fail. It's a bit old though, year 2004. I can only describe it in 3 words ----> BEST.DRAMA.EVER. :salut:

It's also in youtube. You might want to watch it there.

nghi92

Post by nghi92 » Jan 3rd, '07, 11:29

k-dramas must watch

What Happened in Bali
Full house
Sorry i love you
Sassy girl
Only you
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
Save The last Dance For Me
A millionaire's first love
Goong

AboutDrama

Post by AboutDrama » Jan 5th, '07, 08:10

I recommend "The Sand Glass."

xxxlazixxx

anyone no any good dramas to watch

Post by xxxlazixxx » Jan 11th, '07, 01:20

anyone no any good dramas to watch? i mostly like comedy romance like goong and fullhouse. thnx :D

KAAdonkaDUNK

Post by KAAdonkaDUNK » Jan 11th, '07, 06:04

SO. I've now watched...

Goong.
Full House.
My name is kim sam soon.
My girl.
&
Over the rainbow.

Probably out of all of them i liked My name is kim sam soon. I liked goong to but the beginning was kinda boring cause it talk alot about the palace and stuff but once the drama got going it got REALLY interesting. Actually i liked all the dramas i've watched so far all for. But i was just wondering is there anything else that's good.

I watched like the first 30 minutes of Lets go to school, Sang-doo. It seems boring but what should I know I only seen the first 30 minute. Is it gonna get any good?

And i'm thinking about also watching delightful girl choon-hyang&Sorry i love you. Are any of those two good?

Ohh and is there any other dramas as funny as my name is kim sam soon? I loved that one it was cute and funny. Man Kim sam soon is my idol.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 11th, '07, 08:25

there is:

Fantasy cuople..
The vineyard man..

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Jan 11th, '07, 10:30

what's up fox? and my girl if you wanna have good laughs..those dramas were good.

puddleduck717

Post by puddleduck717 » Jan 11th, '07, 10:34

definately try My Name is Sam Soon....it's a really great romantic comedy and one of the top rated ones in korea...i loved it!!

groink

Post by groink » Jan 11th, '07, 10:36

Here's a link to the greatest Korean drama EVER... It's so good, I can't even tell you in this post; you've got to check the link out to see what it is.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526.htm

--- groink

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 11th, '07, 12:52

groink wrote:Here's a link to the greatest Korean drama EVER... It's so good, I can't even tell you in this post; you've got to check the link out to see what it is.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526.htm

--- groink
Seen it. Too draggy. Too many flashbacks :)

xiah1fan

Post by xiah1fan » Jan 11th, '07, 15:41

KrystalHeart wrote:I tend to watch dramas all in one sitting if I could. However since time doesn't always permit my heavy appetite, I'll throw in a few movies every now and then just for flavor.

Comedies - movies
My Little Bride - I laughed so hard I started to cry
My Sassy Girl - I didn't know there was nudity involved, LOL
WIndstruck - started out with a chuckle, then 2nd half I was pouring tears
He was cool - totally loved it!
Everybody has secrets - whoah ... it's about sex & secrets

Romance - movies

Il Mare - the best K romance movie ever!
The Classic - sweet and good old fashioned romance
Ing - sad and left a long impression on me
Bungee Jumping of their Own - omg... so good.
Lovers Concerto - I thought it was ok.

Horror - movies
A Tale of Two Sisters - step moms are evil
Wishing stairs - not finished watching this yet

Other - movies

Taegukgi - bombazz movie about brotherly love

DRAMAS
Since you said you liked comedy/romance genre ... Watch Attic Cat. It's funny and cute! Sweet 18 is funny too but I prefer Attic Cat. When you are ready to move onto the more serious dramas of nature ----- Ruler of Your Own World & The Sand Glass.

Stairway to Heaven is a must see for any mood!

The Most Movies Her Speciale The Comide Part i agree.... they all are killing....funny...everthing you Would Love Speciale He was Cool,My Litel Bride...But have You Seen My Tutor Friend??? =D

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » Jan 13th, '07, 06:21

Jus finished Invincible Parachute Agent and The Snow Queen...

The Snow Queen - though many viewers may think choosing Sung Yuri as the main actress threatens to spoil the show(y?? mayb becos of her past dramas??), but i feel she did rather well with the spoiled/snobbish rich girl role.. mayb one flaw is that her character change from bitchy rich girl image to gentle, well spoken role can be made more gradual... otherwise, she and Hyun Bin have some excellent chemistry... i thought they make one of the best on-screen couple, definitely. Overall the plot moves well, some may feel it gets draggy in one or two episodes... though a sad story, but worth watching...

Invincible Parachute Agent - this show is rather crappy and sometimes abit too exaggerated, given a choice i will rather watch Eric Mun in Super Rookie where it is much more funny...

anw,

Anybody has any review about One Fine Day?
i came across this drama and wondering whether it will b worth watching?

goonggong

Post by goonggong » Jan 15th, '07, 15:47

Hi! I'm back... anyway, been watching Super Rookie for the past two days, and it was funny. Eric Moon was adorable, and his character was funny. And of course Oh Ji Ho's super hot. The lead girl Han Ga-In, she's the wife of that dude from daddy long legs, right? My brother, who doesn't really watch K-dramas, stopped for a moment and just stared at the girl. hahaha! Some comic relief to deviate from the sobriety of the yuppie world. hahaha.

About One Fine Day... it's been getting crappy reviews, but I liked it. Gong Yoo and Sung Yuri had amazing chemistry, and the story isn't that happy nor that sad. I was left hanging about Nam Goong Min's character, though (now that's another hottie... too bad he left for military service).

I'll be watching Only You next... just to see what the fuss before was about in this country... also to see if Han Chae Young is as adorable as in Exhibition of fireworks. I'm thinking of watching Couple of Fantasy after that.

QUESTION: IS CLOUD OF STAIRS ANY GOOD?

goonggong

Post by goonggong » Jan 15th, '07, 15:54

ANOTHER QUESTION: Is there any kdrama where the spares actually end up together? I know that's kind of cheesy and all, but at least give the spares something. Sometimes their characters are even more interesting than the lead ones.

Amethyst1403

Post by Amethyst1403 » Jan 17th, '07, 07:05

Favorite Dramas in no particular order

Must Watch

Dae Jang Geum- All time favorite.

My Girl- Great actors,chemistry, and writing.

Save the Last Dance for Me- Undeniable chemistry between Eugene and Ji Sung

Autumn Tale- Very slow, and a real tearjerker, but an all in all great drama.

My Name is Kim Sam Soon- Another great drama, with great actors, chemistry, and excellent writing.

Delightful Girl Choong Hyang- Very refreshing drama in my opinion.

Goong 1- Another refreshing drama, Love the alternative world it is set in. Great Chemistry between Joo Ji Hoon & Yoon Eun Hye

Snow White- Another lighthearted Drama.

Dramas that were good, but I probably wouldn't watch again

Attic Cat-
Winter Sonata
A Love to Kill
Oh! Pil-Seung
All In
Ruler of your own world
Wonderful Life
My 19 year old sister in law
Hello, My teacher
Fantasy Couple
Sweet 18
18 Vs. 29
Tree In Heaven

Drama's to avoid.

Prince's first Love- Pure torture, chemistry was definitely lacking between the two main characters.

One Fine Day- Even though there was Great writing, great actors, there was absolutely no chemistry between the actors which is what I look for.

Dramas I need to finish watching.

Hot Tropical Nights in December
90 Days, time For Love
Emperor of the sea

Recommended Movies

My Little Bride
Temptation of Wolves
Marrying the Mafia 2
Daisy
She's on Duty
A Moment to Remember
Jenny & Juno

LUNCHBOX

Post by LUNCHBOX » Jan 17th, '07, 12:14

must watch

My name is kim sam soon....biggest addict is me!

my girl........

Okay to me, nothing really special

full house........finished the whole thing and just didnt get to me...thats just my OPINION.

my love patzi........

ww_thr33

Post by ww_thr33 » Jan 24th, '07, 00:05

im a newbie to this site but i just needed to express my opinion on this forum b/c i love kD, my top favorites are; FULL HOUSE, GOONG, and OVER THE RAINBOW, i totally love them!!!

pansiu

Post by pansiu » Jan 25th, '07, 18:53

I love the Snow Queen, romantic sad story and the pretty Sung Yu Ri and good looking Hyun Bin.
Other series I like are
Goong, super cute Yoon Eun hye
My Girl
Bad Family

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Jan 25th, '07, 19:27

Oh! Pil-Seung , i liked it. Another that came on tv the other day but i dont remember! :P

AboutDrama

Have you seen this drama?

Post by AboutDrama » Jan 26th, '07, 18:36

Hi,

Have anyone seen this drama[, Coma (코마)? I get info that this drama is a horror drama .

Thanks.

silverdeer

Post by silverdeer » Jan 27th, '07, 01:46

My personal favoritess::
-Dae Jang Geum
-Stairway to Heaven
-Goong!
-Full House
-My Girl
-My name is Kim Samsoon

can some one recommend the funniest drama/movie you've ever watched? thanks! (excluding the above)

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Jan 27th, '07, 01:55

I may have already posted on this thread (and if I did, I'm sure I recommended My Name is Kim Sam Soon, Goong, My Girl, and Delightful Girl, but I just finished Soulmate and it is EXCELLENT. Kind of like a Korean version of Sex and the City, minus the actual Sex and in place of it weird coincidences involving relationships. Also, it has the BEST OST I've ever heard.

I'm currently in the middle of Snow Queen. If you liked Hyun Bin as a jerky **** with a mushy soft kind and wonderful inside in Kim Sam Soon, you'll LOVE him as a troubled but good hearted former math-genius turned boxer in Snow Queen. If that made any sense.

wnndy

Post by wnndy » Jan 27th, '07, 21:41

can somebody recommend drama that are REALLY romantic..
i have already watched those below
and it's in order from very good to not so good
i'd like it if it has a good ending but if the story is really good then a good ending is not really nececcery
i also prefer good looking leads (especially male leads who are hot)

full house
goong
my girl
delightfull girl choon hyang
my name is kim sam soon
sweet spy
spring waltz
exhibition of fireworks
over the rainbow
save the last dance for me
bad family
lovestory in harvard
we are dating now
sangdoo lets go to school
taste sweet love
friends
my love patzzi
autumn love story/enless love
sweet 18

i'm now watching super rooki- what planet are you from- goong s

and i think i'm going to watch fantasy couple- stairway to heaven- i'm sorry i love you- wonderful life- heavens tree

topman99

Post by topman99 » Jan 28th, '07, 00:55

How about Jumong? I currently watching this in GMA-7 the story is very interesting at the beginning but someone says it's become boring in half to last episode...it is true?

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Jan 28th, '07, 10:09

Can someone recommend to me a kdrama that's FREE of romance? Do they exist? ^_^

goonggong

Post by goonggong » Jan 30th, '07, 02:12

I finished super rookie last week. god, I loved it. perfect for the people who have just landed their jobs and knew what the lead guy had to go through, but I guess like oh ji ho's character one could resent how lucky the lead guy was. but hell, it was fun. I loved eric in that series. it was also interesting, since the series didn't revolve around the lead girl, and it wasn't purely romantic. it was cool.

Am watching 90 days, time for love... dang first few episodes. made my nose run like crazy... but it's starting to drag near the middle (or maybe it's just because the dvds I got were wrecked, dang!). But then I love Kang Ji Hwan, and Kim Ha Neul's okay, so I'm keeping my hopes up. But I know I'll probably end up a wreck when I finish it.

I've been reading back in the forums... why do people hate exhibition of fireworks? it was a 17-hour faceshop ad, I know, and the monologues could be shorter, and the crappy kiss near the end, but Kang Ji Hwan and Han Chae Young were adorable. I liked the story. I don't know, no accounting for tastes.

What to watch next...hmmm?

Oh, and I now realized the perfect word to describe One Fine Day. Uncomfortable.

kliquey

Post by kliquey » Jan 30th, '07, 03:29

Can someone recommend me a KDRAMA to watch. I've watched a lot over the past few years and now it seems like I won't be as satisfied anymore because I've seen too many. Don't know if the newer kdramas can top the ones I've seen already. Here's what I've seen.

The ones I loved:

Full House
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
Love Story in Harvard
Autum in my Heart - My Very First KDRAMA
Stairway to Heaven
Goong
My Girl
Save The Last Dance
Sweet 18
Sangdoo Let's Goto School

Others I've seen:

Resurrection
Summer Scent
Bodyguard
My Love Patzzi
My 19 year old Sister in Law
Sad Love Story
Snow Queen

And I've also seen many others that aren't that good that's why I don't remember them :D . Anyway I'm looking for Sweet/Romantic dramas or really sad ones...Or anything in-between is fine too. I'm not sure if anything can top Full House and My Name is Kim Sam Soon though. Those are by far the two I liked most.

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » Jan 31st, '07, 17:02

Anbody watched SBS new drama "Lovers", the third of the series after "Lovers in Paris" n "Lovers in Prague"?

gangster v plastic surgeon, this show has everything... funny moments, romantic scenes, n oso action packed... I thought Lovers in Paris is great, but this show gets a higher vote frm mi... I actually prefer Kim Jung Eun in this one... the male lead looks quite cool in some of the fighting scenes as well(apparantly, Kim Jung Eun calls him the Dimpled Mobster)... the storyline development is good, enuff plot twist n the supporting casts did an excellent job.... nv knew gangster sidekicks sometimes can b funny as well.... all in all, yeah a good drama not to b missed... :D

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » Jan 31st, '07, 17:07

oh ya... if anybody is looking for a comedy,

can try Fantasy Couple... funny characters in the show

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » Jan 31st, '07, 17:10

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » Jan 31st, '07, 17:12

EpikLow

What are some good dramas?

Post by EpikLow » Feb 2nd, '07, 05:34

Heres a list of all the dramas i've seen so far. do you have anymore that i should watch?

My Girl
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang
Full House
Love To Kill
Dangours Love
Finding Lost Time
Wonderful Life
Lets Go To School Sang-Doo
Unforgettable Love
Sweet 18
Nonstop Theif
Taste Sweet Love/Snow White
Ice Bar
Magic
Goong
I'm Sorry I Love You
Break
Which Star Are You From
Green Rose
Love Story in Harvard
Something about 1%
Stairway to Heaven
18 vs. 29
Snow Queen
My Name Is Kim Sam Soon
Spring Waltz
Rude Woman
What's Up Fox?
:wub: [/list]

Post by 96327 » Feb 2nd, '07, 05:45

Do you only watch Korean Drama?

plou428

Post by plou428 » Feb 2nd, '07, 05:51

You should watch It started with a Kiss (taiwanese series)

I don't normally watch these drama but this one is funny sometimes and pretty good....=P Ending was funny lol so chk it out

shama129

Post by shama129 » Feb 2nd, '07, 05:55

i also noticed ur list consists of k-dramas-but u failed to watch one really good k-drama- Tree of Heaven. my first k-drama. its really good plus the lead actor is the same guy from stairway to heaven.
and if u wanna start watching j-drams the first one on ur list should be Hana Yori Dango :D . one of the best japanese dramas ever. full of hot guys :wub: . they r on season 2 right now.u must check it out.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Feb 2nd, '07, 05:56

Sure:

Meteor Garden,
MARS (hard to get english subtitled versions),
Peach Girl (hard to get),
Yoshitsune (if you are interested in the Samurai era),
Devil Bside You,
Gokusen,
Satorare,
Beautiful Life (not sure if this is just another name for Wonderful Life though),
Strawberry on a shortcake,
G.T.O (Great teacher Onizuka),
Overtime (if you can find it),
Orange Days,
Slow Dance

and proably (not yet seen myself yet):
Majo no Jouken,
Tokyo Juliet,
Pride,
Engine,
Stand Up (not yet completely subbed),
Nobuta wa produce,
Tatta Hitotsu No Koi,
Gokusen 2,
Lunch Queen,
To Heart

thtlam

Post by thtlam » Feb 2nd, '07, 06:00

Nobuta Wa Produce
Hana Yori Dango
Pride
are a few good japanese dramas

Post by 96327 » Feb 2nd, '07, 06:00

shama129 wrote:i also noticed ur list consists of k-dramas-but u failed to watch one really good k-drama- Tree of Heaven. my first k-drama. its really good plus the lead actor is the same guy from stairway to heaven.
and if u wanna start watching j-drams the first one on ur list should be Hana Yori Dango :D . one of the best japanese dramas ever. full of hot guys :wub: . they r on season 2 right now.u must check it out.
TOTALLY AGREED!!! =) HYD !!!

shama129

Post by shama129 » Feb 2nd, '07, 06:12

heres the rest of my list:

Kurosagi
Nobuta Wo Produce
My Boss,My Hero
Dragon Zakura
Brother Beat
1 litre of Tears
Engine
IWGP(Ikebukuro West Gate park)
Stand UP!
Lunch Queen
Attention Please
Long Love Letter
Gokusen 1 and 2
G.T.O
Summer Snow
Waterboys 1 and 2
Sapuri
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Tiger and Dragon
Yan Papa

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 2nd, '07, 14:00

Since this is posted in the KDrama forums, chances are, he/she is only looking for k-drama recommendations. :unsure:

EpikLow

Post by EpikLow » Feb 2nd, '07, 15:28

Lolz wow! thanks everyone. Hum, yea i thought since this was k-drama fourm i thought we were only allowed to talk about kdramas...oh crap i have to go!! lolz but thnaks!! i'll check them all out! tell me if you can think of anymore!!

Kotori_87

recommendations

Post by Kotori_87 » Feb 3rd, '07, 10:04

I'm here also because I need some recommendatinos of K-doramas I should watch...
I'm new to the k-dorama section, so I haven't watched a lot yet.
Here is a list of dorama I've already watched/'m watching:

My sister in law 19 years old
Autumn in my heart
Full House
Sangdoo Let's go to school
Winter Sonata
Dae Jang Geum
A love to kill
Artic Cat
Sorry, I love you
Hwang Jin Yi
My name is Kim Sam Soon
Goong
My Girl
Goong S
The Person I love

Right now I'm getting Magic, I really love Dong Won, would anyone recomment it? Or better something else. Of course cute boys and girls sweet love lines and interessting stories prefered... XD

h4ze

Suggestion about comedy kdrama

Post by h4ze » Feb 3rd, '07, 13:05

Hi guys, I just recently finished watching Fantasy Couple(couple or trouble..) and i enjoyed it very much....
I'm just wondering if you guys can give me any suggestion about similar drama that's humorous to fantasy couple ?
thanks a lot :lol :lol

silverdeer

Post by silverdeer » Feb 3rd, '07, 16:49

ushiushi wrote:Can someone recommend to me a kdrama that's FREE of romance? Do they exist? ^_^
well... the core of all korean dramas is romance. (if you find a kd w/o romance.. TELLME! cus i have been unable to find one )... =T you should watch jdoramas cus theyre less romance based..

RyuNoKami

Post by RyuNoKami » Feb 3rd, '07, 19:04

did anyone ever sub Damo? And can someone recommend me either historical based kdramas or comedy type dramas? Thank you.

silverdeer

Post by silverdeer » Feb 3rd, '07, 20:52

RyuNoKami wrote:did anyone ever sub Damo? And can someone recommend me either historical based kdramas or comedy type dramas? Thank you.
well a good korean movie-historical based- is the king and the clown (: [w/ junki]

EpikLow

Post by EpikLow » Feb 3rd, '07, 20:57

Does anyone know anymore comdey dramas? I'm walking "Fantasy Couple" and it's really funny! Thanks for recommending it!

mleung87

Post by mleung87 » Feb 4th, '07, 23:52

I just finished watching Fantasy Couple. It was really good - a very relaxing, feel-good romantic comedy.

Now, I'm lost. I don't know which korean drama to start watching. I must say, I have watched my fair share.

I'm afraid of disappointment though, for example, To Marry a Millionaire was absolutely horrible and I couldn't bear to watch korean dramas for awhile.

Can anyone suggest a for-sure GOOD/AMAZING kdrama to watch? The ones I've seen so far are:

My Girl
Goong 1
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
Full House
Fantasy Couple
Snow Queen
Great Inheritance
Which Star Are You From?
Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang

I've left out the rather melancholic series that I've seen since I'm looking for more of a romantic genre --

please help? haha!

I can't focus in school if I don't have a korean drama to watch ... haha

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » Feb 6th, '07, 15:45

I would like to add one new one to my previous list which I think every K-drama comedy+romance lover should watch... FANTASY COUPLE!!! A total thumbs-up for this one! :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

noura

Drama like "WHI Bali"..??

Post by noura » Feb 8th, '07, 00:39

I've watched alot of kdramas .. but nothing was compared to the Greatest drama I've ever seen.. it's " What Happened in Bali " ..it had the drama, the story, the romance, the sadness, the Hot guys...the best endining that left me staring at the screen for a while and couldn't belive what I just saw..! I will admit that the girl was really annoying ..but I still love it ! I've rewatched it alot and every time I feel the same about it ! Great!!
So, if some one can guid me to a similar kind of drama or something that will make me feel the same..would you please help me? I'll put here what I've watched so you won't post it..
-Autumn Tale
-Let's go to school, Sang-do!
-Sweet 18
-Phoenix
-Full House
-Wish Upon a Star
-My Girl
-Snow White
-SoulMate
-Rude Woman
-Fantasy Couple
-Lovers in Paris
-My Name is Kim Sam-Soon
-Snow Queen
-Great Inheritance
-One Fine Day
-Bright Girl's Successful Story
-Goong (the first)
-18 vs. 29
-Queen of the Game ( currently watching it .. I like it)
-I'm Sorry, I Love You This one had little of the atmospher... but the guy who was a singer in the drama was really annoying !

That's all what I've watched.. I heard alot of good comments about Winter Sonata & Stairway to Heaven ....
Anything you have that maybe I will like?

Japanese_alcoholic

Post by Japanese_alcoholic » Feb 9th, '07, 01:11

hi, im new to korean dramas. does anyone have a gud recommendation for a funny korean drama?

oberon21

Post by oberon21 » Feb 11th, '07, 13:52

the best k drama that i would suggest to everyone are

the snow queen
queen of the game
winter sonata

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Feb 12th, '07, 05:49

hi noura, have you tried resurrection? It's a suspense drama.

devious444

Post by devious444 » Feb 12th, '07, 10:45

I'd like to know where i can find Resurrection, heard good things about it.

Winter Sonata I would say is a good drama, I like Autumn better though.

Stairway to Heaven is a tearjerker, i do recommend it. I liked it alot.

I thought My Girl and Kimsamsoon were good in the comedy/romantic comedy genre. Both I woudl recommend.

My fav all time is Sangdoo let's go to school.

just finished watching: Which Star are you from.
currently watching: Fashion 70's
next to watch: not sure...maybe Fireworks.

twynklestar

fun korean dramas

Post by twynklestar » Feb 14th, '07, 05:18

hey! i agree that fantasy couple is a really funny drama and am currently looking for similar fun and good korean dramas! i've watched the popular fun ones already like choon-hyang, fantasy couple, my girl, etc etc.

any other recommendations? no depressing heart-wrenching tragedies please :)

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Feb 15th, '07, 02:38

All-time Favorites
I'm Sorry I Love You: A MASTERPIECE. the only drama i watched twice. like many other people, i went through a period of depression after finishing it. highly highly recommended. don't think you can skip this drama. i will hunt you down.
My Girl: Lee Da Hae is a great actress and she has awesome on-screen chemistry with DongWook. My favorite romantic comedy!
Dal Ja's Spring: after a kdrama-hiatus, DJS made me fall in love again.
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang: hilarious! i love it.
Fantasy Couple: wonderful cast and very funny. oh how i love the Hong sisters.
Bad Family: very heartwarming. I don't like the main couple though.
Stairway to Heaven: most dramatic drama ever made. basically a combination of Winter Sonata & Autumn Fairytale.
Winter Sonata: contrary to many others' opinions, i didnt think this drama dragged at all.

Worth It
My Name is Kim Sam Soon: possibly the funniest drama ever. only the main girl kept this drama from being one of my faves.
Sweet 18: now i know why everyone says HJH and LDG make a cute couple!
Full House: my first drama.
Goong: very draggy in some moments, but cute in others.
My Love Patzzi: I like the scenes dealing with her evil friend. not the love story with KJW. KRW was cute though.

Only If You Have Time
Wonderful Life: beginning is good, ending is good, but everything else was boring. if not for the adorable Jung Da Bin, i would not have liked this series one bit.
Autumn Tale: First and last few episodes are great. too slow-paced in the middle.

Stay Away
Witch Yoo Hee: this drama in one word=ridiculous. very disappointing since i expected more from the cast.

Currently Enjoying:
What Happened in Bali
Resurrection
Lovers in Paris

Lost Interest In:
We're Dating Now
Sangdoo, LGTS (I may pick this one up again)
Love Story in Harvard (i might finish this one just to see KTH)
Last edited by fizzlex3mh on Aug 26th, '07, 18:59, edited 17 times in total.

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Feb 15th, '07, 08:55

fizzlex3mh, agree with you. my girl is still at the top of my favourite romantic comedies, after watching some new ones like fantasy couple and what's up fox :)

Yes and I love MISA too!! i dont usually like melodrama or sad stories but this one is really beautiful. perhaps it's also due to the charm of Ji Sup ssi :wub: some people dont like the ending but
but i can imagine they're together in a better place....

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Feb 15th, '07, 08:58

twynklestar, u can try "what's up fox" or "bad family". both are nice comedies.

babai

Post by babai » Feb 15th, '07, 10:07

I'm watching Soulmate right now, and I'm loving it. Can someone recommend other Korean dramas that have more realistic themes like this but are still enjoyable at the same time? I'm really getting sick of the typical drama plots. Thanks

P.S. I'm also enjoying Dal Ja's Spring immensely, which, once again, doesn't have the streotypical plot. It shows more realistic situations that modern women go through.!

F0nzYjus0Wn3dj00

Post by F0nzYjus0Wn3dj00 » Feb 16th, '07, 02:30

hi

SillYmuffinlovesBAEYONG

Post by SillYmuffinlovesBAEYONG » Feb 16th, '07, 02:31

Hello guys=))
ya so i love winter sonata basicly
i know i agree
its slow paced
but thats the beauty of it
im in the middle of full house right now
but i love BAE YONG joon like
i can't get over him

F0nzYjus0Wn3dj00

Post by F0nzYjus0Wn3dj00 » Feb 16th, '07, 02:33

bae is my main mang

nela302

Post by nela302 » Feb 16th, '07, 02:36

i haven't watched many koren dramas actually i watched only one tree of heaven and i loved it. so sad though.

KANGMIyung

Post by KANGMIyung » Feb 16th, '07, 02:39

Hi Ro-wa!
how you Are my feriend?
ya ya i too luv winter ballad

KANGMIyung

Post by KANGMIyung » Feb 16th, '07, 02:43

hi MI-KALE
i am KANG-MI YUNG
from Japan.
i heer mush abowt the states
beutifull i heer

(^_^)

F0nzYjus0Wn3dj00

Post by F0nzYjus0Wn3dj00 » Feb 16th, '07, 02:45

yah its pretty cool hows japan

nela302

Post by nela302 » Feb 16th, '07, 02:46

KANGMIyungwow u r from japan. i am hoping to visit japan one day even though i don't speak or understand japanese.i envy u. :-)

KANGMIyung

Post by KANGMIyung » Feb 16th, '07, 02:49

hah do not
Japan is betiful tho
and so sorry for english
i am bad

F0nzYjus0Wn3dj00

Post by F0nzYjus0Wn3dj00 » Feb 16th, '07, 02:50

its ok im not that good either

nela302

Post by nela302 » Feb 16th, '07, 02:50

no ur english is pretty good.

F0nzYjus0Wn3dj00

Post by F0nzYjus0Wn3dj00 » Feb 16th, '07, 02:54

thanks

KANGMIyung

Post by KANGMIyung » Feb 16th, '07, 02:55

i have to
go scool now
very ierly heer.
nice to tak to you

bybye

(^_^) 8)

F0nzYjus0Wn3dj00

Post by F0nzYjus0Wn3dj00 » Feb 16th, '07, 02:56

k bye

nela302

Post by nela302 » Feb 16th, '07, 02:58

i wish i lived in japan rather than ny even though ny is a good place to live in. but i really want to visit japan.

twynklestar

Post by twynklestar » Feb 16th, '07, 05:31

hey dokbupgi, thanks for your suggestions. i shall check them out! :)
dokbupgi wrote:twynklestar, u can try "what's up fox" or "bad family". both are nice comedies.