[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
remoted

Post by remoted » Dec 30th, '06, 23:37

I made a couple of gifs from the gameshow. I'm too lazy to make a fancy border around it, so I'll just share with you guys. I didn't want it to exceed 1 mb, so that's why the quality sucks. Also for the mao gif, I had to cut out a pretty funny scene for the same reason I mentioned before. Just credit me please, and you can use them as much as you want. But please upload them on your own server.

[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/remoted/mao.gif[/img]
[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/remoted/jun.gif[/img]
Last edited by remoted on Dec 31st, '06, 00:09, edited 2 times in total.

sambuk

Subtitle

Post by sambuk » Dec 30th, '06, 23:42

Im been getting more and more worried about how long the english subs will take for series 2 from 5th jan :|
The christmas day special has had no real mention of subs; but i know thats only a special. About how long does it usually take for subs to be released? is it a matter of weeks? I would have though HYD 2 would be picked up quickly by subbers but i have no idea about how long it might take. I guess ill just have to cram as much japanese into my head as possible before the 5th jan. :|

remoted

Re: Subtitle

Post by remoted » Dec 31st, '06, 00:15

sambuk wrote:Im been getting more and more worried about how long the english subs will take for series 2 from 5th jan :|
The christmas day special has had no real mention of subs; but i know thats only a special. About how long does it usually take for subs to be released? is it a matter of weeks? I would have though HYD 2 would be picked up quickly by subbers but i have no idea about how long it might take. I guess ill just have to cram as much japanese into my head as possible before the 5th jan. :|
I remember last year, it would take a week for an episode to hardsubbed. Soft subs take a bit longer, especially if people complain. So don't worry, I'm pretty sure there's a group taking HYD2 on. And I think cramming japanese in 6 days is impossible. Unless, you know the language, but you need to brush up on it. I'm a second year in the elementary course of japanese, and it will take about 6 more years until I get the basics down.

eternalstar

Re: Subtitle

Post by eternalstar » Dec 31st, '06, 00:31

sambuk wrote:Im been getting more and more worried about how long the english subs will take for series 2 from 5th jan :|
You shouldn't worry about the subs. There are two groups who already said they'll sub it... SARS and Nya! I believe. I also think everyone has been anticipating this series for a while now, and so I'm sure there will be no problem in getting subs in a timely manner. Also, if you want quality subs, it wouldn't hurt to wait a little bit. I'm sure everyone will be working hard doing their best. If you want to learn Japanese, and are too anxious to wait for subs, I really suggest watching the raws and trying to figure out as much as possible. Afterwards, go back and watch episodes again with the subs. I'm a Japanese major, and this method has seriously helped my listening comprehension of the language. :mrgreen:

I seriously cannot wait until HYD 2 begins! *sigh* Waiting for more Oguri Shun as Hanazawa Rui. I've watched the first season 4 times already. I can never get tired of it, I really hope the second season is just as entertaining.
Last edited by eternalstar on Dec 31st, '06, 05:18, edited 2 times in total.

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Dec 31st, '06, 03:25

Yeah, I have to say HYD is a very good drama if you don't compare the drama to the manga too much. Jun is good too, if only he's a little bit taller :D Doumyoji is the tallest of the F4 anyway. But never mind that, it's good that he can capture Doumyouji's spirit :D I'd love to see more love scene between the two .

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Dec 31st, '06, 05:17

mandy2005 wrote:Yeah, I have to say HYD is a very good drama if you don't compare the drama to the manga too much. Jun is good too, if only he's a little bit taller :D Doumyoji is the tallest of the F4 anyway. But never mind that, it's good that he can capture Doumyouji's spirit :D I'd love to see more love scene between the two .
Yeah, I also don't compare to the manga version...I figured that their was no way the director would be able to fit every scene that happen in the manga version into the live action Hana Yori Dango...Though, they did a great job bring out the emotions of the manga through it's HYD film version :-) When I watched HYD the live action I felt those same unique emotions come up again that I had along time ago when I first read the manga it's based on.

The only problem I found with the HYD version was their was not enough scenes between Doumyouji & Makino... I think at the most their was like a total of "Four Scenes of them alone togather" in the whole nine eposides! :O ...In HYD 2 their better be more scense of them alone togather then just one or two...My hopes are high that their will be this time sense HYD 2 will have 15 eposides :D

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Dec 31st, '06, 07:32

marie_23 wrote: The only problem I found with the HYD version was their was not enough scenes between Doumyouji & Makino... I think at the most their was like a total of "Four Scenes of them alone togather" in the whole nine eposides! :O ...In HYD 2 their better be more scense of them alone togather then just one or two...My hopes are high that their will be this time sense HYD 2 will have 15 eposides :D
If they base the second season on vol 26+++, maybe there would be more scenes between the two. I had to watch MG hoping they'd cover the later part of the manga, but I was so disappointed with the acting. Jerry Yan just couldn't bring out Doumyouji's spirit. And what's up with his wardrobe, all the clothes that Jerry had on just made him look like a farmer, not the charming Doumyouji depicted in the manga. Jun is still the best then ^o^

akamaru

Post by akamaru » Dec 31st, '06, 07:50

can't wait for HYD2...i'm glad that domyouji has changed his hairdo.his hair looks like a nest in HYD1..

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Dec 31st, '06, 07:51

Yay, his hair now looks more like Doumyouji's trademark hair :D

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Dec 31st, '06, 13:45

Theres no way im not gonna watch at least part in Japanese. ive done quite a bit of Japanese but not much informal so some of the speech is hard to get. Kaedes much easier to understand because she speaks formal :lol
I cant wait for the theme song aswell i loved wish and especially planetarium. Planetarim fit in really well with the scenes (as did wish) that it was played in. Has anyone heard the full version of "Love so sweet"? (-arashi) ive heard snippets :|. I hope they have another song like planetarium as well. CANT WAIT :w00t:

AR_TRA

Post by AR_TRA » Dec 31st, '06, 13:59

yeah~
ican't wait till i see it , HYD is really great drama

but is't true that Makino donna travil 2 NewYourk :scratch:

anyway, here is a video 4 the 2nd season
http://www.mediafire.com/?doggg5jozhj

--hope u like it--

byeez

imamess

Post by imamess » Dec 31st, '06, 19:23

mandy2005 wrote: I had to watch MG hoping they'd cover the later part of the manga, but I was so disappointed with the acting. Jerry Yan just couldn't bring out Doumyouji's spirit. And what's up with his wardrobe, all the clothes that Jerry had on just made him look like a farmer, not the charming Doumyouji depicted in the manga. Jun is still the best then ^o^
I know MG wasn't very high budget, but I agree. They could have tried to use like designer knock offs or something. Also, they didn't teach the actors high class manners! I laughed in scenes when Jerry would talk and his mouth was full. No rich boy would ever do that, no matter the situation. I try not to do that, and I'm certainly not rich. And they drank a lot. Whenever the four were together there was almost always beer on the table.

The Japanese one had more attention to detail. And I agree that even though Jun is short, he just had more of a presence.

I can't wait to see the new episodes, and the one in New York. I wish they had a Thomas so they could show his sloppy way of eating. I loved that.

sambuk

New-york

Post by sambuk » Dec 31st, '06, 19:26

Can you tell me(by spoiling as LITTLE as possible:D) whether the whole series is in new york, or is it just part. ive seen scenes that look like tokyo/japan and those 3 bitchy girls. Being set in Japan is a massive factor that got me hooked :D (not to discredit the plot/ all of its other AMAZINGNESS

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Dec 31st, '06, 19:58

imamess wrote:
mandy2005 wrote: I had to watch MG hoping they'd cover the later part of the manga, but I was so disappointed with the acting. Jerry Yan just couldn't bring out Doumyouji's spirit. And what's up with his wardrobe, all the clothes that Jerry had on just made him look like a farmer, not the charming Doumyouji depicted in the manga. Jun is still the best then ^o^
I know MG wasn't very high budget, but I agree. They could have tried to use like designer knock offs or something. Also, they didn't teach the actors high class manners! I laughed in scenes when Jerry would talk and his mouth was full. No rich boy would ever do that, no matter the situation. I try not to do that, and I'm certainly not rich. And they drank a lot. Whenever the four were together there was almost always beer on the table.

The Japanese one had more attention to detail. And I agree that even though Jun is short, he just had more of a presence.

I can't wait to see the new episodes, and the one in New York. I wish they had a Thomas so they could show his sloppy way of eating. I loved that.

So, true the clothing that the F4 had to wear in Meteor Garden was very cheap looking...Even though there acting was not so great in Meteor Garden... I still found the actors in Meteor Garden to be charming :-) ...However, I so agree in Hana Yori Dango the live action they paid very good attention to the huge wealth aspect displayed by F4 in the manga...I think the budget was bigger in HYD so they were able to showcase the richness better...

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Jan 1st, '07, 01:12

marie_23 wrote:

So, true the clothing that the F4 had to wear in Meteor Garden was very cheap looking...Even though there acting was not so great in Meteor Garden... I still found the actors in Meteor Garden to be charming :-) ...However, I so agree in Hana Yori Dango the live action they paid very good attention to the huge wealth aspect displayed by F4 in the manga...I think the budget was bigger in HYD so they were able to showcase the richness better...

I know that MG is not a high budget production, but if only they let Jerry wear button down shirt+ vest instead of the body hugging T-shirt, his image would probably be more convincing. Doumyouji in the manga dresses just like a gentlemen, not a playboy. Sorry to offend Jerry's fans, but he just doesn't have the rich look, even when he wore the white suit in the Shizuka birthday party scene. At least Jun looks good in suit :D

[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/ck_lam/drama.jpg[/img]

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Jan 1st, '07, 01:20

^ lol jun can be a lethal weapon when he's in a suit :D

yeah, the cars, the clothes, the scenes in MG was a lot different compared to HYD
HYD could afford nice big cars and nice clubs to film in
i think the most expensive place in MG was when they were at that island lol
biggest amount money of budget spent there :P

i like HYD more too, more complete

auroragb

Re: New-york

Post by auroragb » Jan 1st, '07, 04:05

sambuk wrote:Can you tell me(by spoiling as LITTLE as possible:D) whether the whole series is in new york, or is it just part. ive seen scenes that look like tokyo/japan and those 3 bitchy girls. Being set in Japan is a massive factor that got me hooked :D (not to discredit the plot/ all of its other AMAZINGNESS
Just a part probably less than one episode

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 1st, '07, 04:16

[/quote]
I know that MG is not a high budget production, but if only they let Jerry wear button down shirt+ vest instead of the body hugging T-shirt, his image would probably be more convincing. Doumyouji in the manga dresses just like a gentlemen, not a playboy. Sorry to offend Jerry's fans, but he just doesn't have the rich look, even when he wore the white suit in the Shizuka birthday party scene. At least Jun looks good in suit :D
[/quote]

Yeah, I think Jerry who acted in Meteor Garden had the right height, polished good looks and sillyness down good enough to play Doumyouji....However, the very small budget for Meteor Garden worked against Jerry and he had to work with limited material. So, taken into account that Meteor Garden was on a smaller budget and most of all the actors that stared in it where new to acting...I think they did okay! :-) ...Hana Yori Dango the live action update version with Jun as Doumyouji seems to fit better and that is due in part thanks to Jun good acting skills and the bigger budget for HYD... I must also comment and say the girl who played Makino in HYD looked and acted exactly like I would have pictured Makino in real life... :-)

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Jan 1st, '07, 04:23

Right, I think the Mao is just the right actress to play Makino. Barbie Hsu's Makino is just too bratty for my taste, most of the time I don't see her soft side at all :D

I don't know which version of Rui is better though. Have to say that Zai Zai just got the right look to play Rui, but Shun is not bad either, more mischievous I think. ZaiZai's Rui is too serisous.

Overall, I still prefer the Jap version of HYD. Yay, 5 more days to go :clap:

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 1st, '07, 04:29

mandy2005 wrote:Right, I think the Mao is just the right actress to play Makino. Barbie Hsu's Makino is just too bratty for my taste, most of the time I don't see her soft side at all :D

I don't know which version of Rui is better though. Have to say that Zai Zai just got the right look to play Rui, but Shun is not bad either, more mischievous I think. ZaiZai's Rui is too serisous.

Hey, Mandy2005 where did you get your avatar from I like it.... :O
Last edited by marie_23 on Jan 1st, '07, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.

gabbypalacios

Post by gabbypalacios » Jan 1st, '07, 04:38

I've always been a HUGE fan of HYD. I've read the manga, seen MG 1 and 2, seen the movie, the anime, HYD 1. So i certainly wont be missing HYD 2. I just love Mao and Jun together, they make the perfect makino and Tsukasa! It comes out in Jan. right? Eek! I'll be waiting patiently for the subs!!

F4

Post by F4 » Jan 1st, '07, 04:54

mandy2005 wrote:Right, I think the Mao is just the right actress to play Makino. Barbie Hsu's Makino is just too bratty for my taste, most of the time I don't see her soft side at all :D

I agree with u 100%

the Mao was better than barbie, with Mao i felt the pure poor girl more than Barbie.. and i loved her personality
About Hanazawa Rui, I choose Shun :wub: he was awesome, i keep my eyes on him
Gosh such great actor :thumleft:
In MG i like Jerry in role Domyouji.... that is the only actor i like... however, Jun is still better than him :thumleft:

I vote for JHYD :cheers:

4 days left :D

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Jan 1st, '07, 07:30

marie_23 wrote:

Hey, Mandy2005 where did you get your avatar from I like it.... :O
I think I google for image, keyword is Hana Yori dango :D Took me a while to find a good one with my two fav characters though :D

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Jan 1st, '07, 10:57

What the heck, how did this thread get 27 pages even BEFORE the show has aired? That's even longer than any of the dramas that HAVE aired last season. o_O

I dunno, I was personally disappointed with the first season as I wanted to see Makino beat up F4 for the whole series. Less shoujo-style romance, more shonen-style action! XD

Oh well, I might end up checking out HYD2 anyway because Inoue Mao's acting is incredible for her age.

kokakola

Post by kokakola » Jan 1st, '07, 14:29

just finished part 1..can't wait for this!

unbelievable = arienaittsuno? i can't find this in the dictionary..

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Jan 1st, '07, 15:11

It's true that Jerry's acting was beyond horrible. On the other hand I think he's making a better Doumyouji than Jun does, looks-wise. Matsujun simply doesn't look like he could beat up 5 persons at the same time... :roll
Also I think Jun's acting was often a little too silly... which is fine as Doumyouji IS silly sometimes. But in my opinion Jun tended to go over the top a little. Aside from this I was absolutely impressed by his acting. I like the way he screams. *snickers*

@kokakola: ありえないっつーの => "Arienai" = "impossible" (literary: "cannot be"); please check the dictionary for "aru".
"Ttsuu no" is a youngsters slang and somewhat impossible (no pun intended) to explain. You gotta get a feeling for it, I guess. Sorry. ^^;

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Jan 1st, '07, 17:37

http://fybabe.livejournal.com/252871.html

my hyd 2 adventure in tokyo today^^

kokakola

Post by kokakola » Jan 1st, '07, 17:41

Kath-Lee wrote: @kokakola: ありえないっつーの => "Arienai" = "impossible" (literary: "cannot be"); please check the dictionary for "aru".
"Ttsuu no" is a youngsters slang and somewhat impossible (no pun intended) to explain. You gotta get a feeling for it, I guess. Sorry. ^^;
oh i see...thanks!

remoted

Post by remoted » Jan 1st, '07, 17:44

fybabe wrote:http://fybabe.livejournal.com/252871.html

Lucky you! You got to take pics with the posters! I really enjoyed the pic with shota kun!! Thanks for sharing :D

sambuk

Competition

Post by sambuk » Jan 1st, '07, 18:14

Whats was the compettion about, i get what you have to do, but what do you win XD i want HYD 2 goodies : | 'cept i live in "tsumaranai na" england :| damn england. i went on the HYD2 site and i read something about a competition but could read all of it:| damn my beginners/intermediate level japanese.

sambuk

Competition

Post by sambuk » Jan 1st, '07, 18:14

Whats was the compettion about, i get what you have to do, but what do you win XD i want HYD 2 goodies : | 'cept i live in "tsumaranai na" england :| damn england. i went on the HYD2 site and i read something about a competition but could read all of it:| damn my beginners/intermediate level japanese.

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Jan 1st, '07, 18:19

oh, i didn't join in the competition XD.
the treasure hunt was just for my own entertainment^^
you just win some small souvenir... if you win ie lol...

eternalstar

Post by eternalstar » Jan 1st, '07, 21:06

The countdown to HYD 2 begins! 4 more days, WOO HOO! I'm getting so exchange, can't wait to download the first RAW! :mrgreen:

AR_TRA

Post by AR_TRA » Jan 1st, '07, 22:53

eternalstar wrote:The countdown to HYD 2 begins! 4 more days, WOO HOO! I'm getting so exchange, can't wait to download the first RAW! :mrgreen:
w00w where u get RAW??

4 me i can't wait till seeing it with translation >> i can't underdtand Japanese :-(

Meroko_Chi

Post by Meroko_Chi » Jan 1st, '07, 23:07

The countdown to HYD 2 begins! 3 more days, WOO HOO! I'm getting so exchange, can't wait to download :clap: :clap: :w000t:

eternalstar

Post by eternalstar » Jan 2nd, '07, 00:29

AR_TRA wrote:
eternalstar wrote:The countdown to HYD 2 begins! 4 more days, WOO HOO! I'm getting so exchange, can't wait to download the first RAW! :mrgreen:
w00w where u get RAW??

4 me i can't wait till seeing it with translation >> i can't underdtand Japanese :-(
I usually get the RAWS via bittorrent from the d-addicts forum or from clubboxes. It just dpeneds which method is quicker. I'm not 100% fluent in Japanese, but since I lived there for 3 years and it's also one of my majors I try to watch the raws before I watched the subbed. It's a great way to study the langauge.

AR_TRA

Post by AR_TRA » Jan 2nd, '07, 00:49

eternalstar wrote:
AR_TRA wrote:
w00w where u get RAW??

I usually get the RAWS via bittorrent from the d-addicts forum or from clubboxes. It just dpeneds which method is quicker. I'm not 100% fluent in Japanese, but since I lived there for 3 years and it's also one of my majors I try to watch the raws before I watched the subbed. It's a great way to study the langauge.
oh i thought u buy it >> stupid :lol

good,4 me i'll learn it in Japanese empassy after exams :-(

bye the way-- HAPPY NEW YEAR--

&these r some photos 4 the next season >> oooh only 3 days more days :cheers:

Tsukasa
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... 170681.jpg[/img]

Makino
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... 170682.jpg[/img]

Rui
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... 170677.jpg[/img]

Soujiro
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... 170678.jpg[/img]

Akira
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... 170679.jpg[/img]

what u think about them??
i didn't like Akira :unsure:

but i wish that Rui doesn't go out in adate with Makino again :cussing:

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Jan 2nd, '07, 00:56

omg!

3 more days?

I wasn`t expecting it to come out so soon!

Wow I`m totally excited like no other. :w000t: :w000t: :w000t:

eternalstar

Post by eternalstar » Jan 2nd, '07, 01:31

I :wub: Shun/RUI!!! He's my favorite character an always will be.
My next favorite in F4 is Shota/Soujirou.

I can't believe how crazy I'm getting knowing that the 2 hour special premiere is drawing near!!!

anva91

Post by anva91 » Jan 2nd, '07, 03:00

AR_TRA wrote:
eternalstar wrote:
AR_TRA wrote:
w00w where u get RAW??

oh i thought u buy it >> stupid :lol

good,4 me i'll learn it in Japanese empassy after exams :-(

bye the way-- HAPPY NEW YEAR--

&these r some photos 4 the next season >> oooh only 3 days more days :cheers:

Tsukasa
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... 170681.jpg[/img]

Makino
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... 170682.jpg[/img]

Rui
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... 170677.jpg[/img]

Soujiro
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... 170678.jpg[/img]

Akira
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... 170679.jpg[/img]

what u think about them??
i didn't like Akira :unsure:

but i wish that Rui doesn't go out in adate with Makino again :cussing:
omg those pictures were AWESUM!! loved jun's the most =]]]
he doesnt seem to like to smile in photoshoots so i was REALLY happy to see him smiling =]]

i ABSOLUTELY cannot wait for the new season!!!! <333333333333333333333333333333

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Jan 2nd, '07, 04:10

Yeah, me too, I like Tsukasa the most. Surprisingly, don't like Rui that much, prefer Soujiro though.

anva91

Post by anva91 » Jan 2nd, '07, 04:56

mandy2005 wrote:Yeah, me too, I like Tsukasa the most. Surprisingly, don't like Rui that much, prefer Soujiro though.
lol...finally ! someone whos NOT a diehard rui fan :-)

yea i think soujiro is a cutie..gotta lovethe tea obsession :P

i like akiras personality though...plus he doesnt ..like he doesnt seem "asian" to me and i kinda like that....i dunno its weird

but because the story focuses so much on tsukasa u can help but fall in love w/ how hard he works for makino :wub:

but then rui falls in love and you start feelin bad for him and considering the fact hes pretty gorgeous too you end up having "rui crazy fans" lol

honestly though itd be REALLLLLLY hard (if not impossible) for me to choose between the f4...they all have their REALLY sweet attributes...and looks of course ;]

ahh sorry if this was long...its been a while since ive had someone to talk to about all this...im a white girl who likes asian stuff..lol..so its kinda hard to find fellow appreciaters =P

chack

Post by chack » Jan 2nd, '07, 06:08

Hm, can't wait.

I wonder what it'll be like.

chack

Post by chack » Jan 2nd, '07, 06:08

Hm, can't wait.

I wonder what it'll be like.

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Jan 2nd, '07, 10:59

anva91 wrote:
mandy2005 wrote:Yeah, me too, I like Tsukasa the most. Surprisingly, don't like Rui that much, prefer Soujiro though.

i like akiras personality though...plus he doesnt ..like he doesnt seem "asian" to me and i kinda like that....i dunno its weird

but because the story focuses so much on tsukasa u can help but fall in love w/ how hard he works for makino :wub:

but then rui falls in love and you start feelin bad for him and considering the fact hes pretty gorgeous too you end up having "rui crazy fans" lol

honestly though itd be REALLLLLLY hard (if not impossible) for me to choose between the f4...they all have their REALLY sweet attributes...and looks of course ;]

ahh sorry if this was long...its been a while since ive had someone to talk to about all this...im a white girl who likes asian stuff..lol..so its kinda hard to find fellow appreciaters =P
I watched the drama before reading the manga. My first impression of Rui was like, "wow, what a cutie" . I used to like Rui a lot, maybe even more than Tsukasa. But I started liking Tsukasa more after reading the manga, just heads over heels with him
:wub: But you're right, its hard to choose between the F4, they are all SOOOO COOOL.

If you hven't read the manga, I suggest you do, the manga just gets juicier from vol 21+++
, you even got to see steamy scene between Tsukasa and Makino too :wub: :lol

AR_TRA

Post by AR_TRA » Jan 2nd, '07, 16:01

eternalstar wrote:I :wub: Shun/RUI!!! He's my favorite character an always will be.
My next favorite in F4 is Shota/Soujirou.

I can't believe how crazy I'm getting knowing that the 2 hour special premiere is drawing near!!!
i used 2 love him soooooo much
specially when he was saving Makino 4rom Tsukasa

but when he went out in adate with her iwas gonna kick him :cussing:
specially that he knows his best friends love her&dating her :crazy:

ok guyz no long time 4 the next season,, OMG OMG am gonna die till i see it :w00t:
can't waaaaaaaaaait :wub: :wub:
i wanna know what's gonna happen 2 Tsukasa&Makino :cry:

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 2nd, '07, 16:05

3 MORE DAYS!!!

But yeah...I totally looooooved Rui in HYD. (I'll always love Jun more, though. =P) But then when he came back and completely came on to her, knowing how his BEST FRIEND feels about her, I just wanted to kick him and tell him to get his butt back on a plane to France. But I liked him anyway, especially when he backed off. >.> Rui was a bit confusing in HYD, though. He seemed really interested in Makino, even said he loved her when he hugged her, but then he's all," =D YAY! SQUEEEEE!" when the model (forgot her name, sorry) comes back for Christmas. He's just...o.o;;; Hot. lol

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 2nd, '07, 18:54

Wooo, 3 days, will anyone be uploading the "makino goes to new york" special, i dont know what time it airs in Japan and boring old england is 9 hours behind, *sigh* ill be counting on my fingers + 9 hours all day at school on friday :lol i watched the christmas day gameshow special without subs and got the gist of what was going on, and some of the jokes :lol but i wasnt sure on the melody bash buttons game :glare:
Will the raw be uploaded straight after the programme finishes japan time:/ thatll be about 2.15 for me, before i get home for school, so maybe ill be able to download it for 9pm my time:D itll be like watching it in Japan :D then ill have to re watch with subs *SIGH* ITS NOT FAIR ive waited as long as japanese speaking people :lol
Desperate housewives seaosn 3 in england tomorrow night :| ive watched the torrents already, so i think one obsession (HYD) is all i can cope with :D

prismatic_star

Post by prismatic_star » Jan 2nd, '07, 19:17

Odd question:

When will HYD 2 start airing?

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Jan 2nd, '07, 19:18

Gorahgurl wrote:3 MORE DAYS!!!

But yeah...I totally looooooved Rui in HYD. (I'll always love Jun more, though. =P) But then when he came back and completely came on to her, knowing how his BEST FRIEND feels about her, I just wanted to kick him and tell him to get his butt back on a plane to France. But I liked him anyway, especially when he backed off. >.> Rui was a bit confusing in HYD, though. He seemed really interested in Makino, even said he loved her when he hugged her, but then he's all," =D YAY! SQUEEEEE!" when the model (forgot her name, sorry) comes back for Christmas. He's just...o.o;;; Hot. lol
Yeah, I didnt like Rui at all when he's back from France. But this is not the only time he forces himself on Makino or takes advantage of the situation :glare: But somehow I kinda pity him though, because latter on he truly loves Makino, not just using her to forget Shizuka.

BTW, dont think he'd make as an ideal lover as Doumyoji though 8)

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 2nd, '07, 19:30

BTW, dont think he'd make as an ideal lover as Doumyoji though
Oh geez. Of course not. :lol

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 2nd, '07, 19:46

:lol I'm so excited like everyone else about HYD 2 returning this upcoming January 5...I think it's cool how they ended last season right at christmas time in the drama series...and in real life the drama is restarting right after the holiday... :-) I'm also happy about all the other second season returns such as It started with a Kiss and Goong S (even though it's only a spin off). So, many wonderful dramas to watch for fun!...

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 2nd, '07, 19:52

I'm also looking VERY forward to Arashi's new single.

Myrdhinn

ohiyo minasan!

Post by Myrdhinn » Jan 2nd, '07, 20:41

like all of you I'm so excited that I can't wait to see it! (but I'm obliged to wait anyway, lol)

I just don't get the storyline of the 2nd season because it's seems to be all messed up like the first. (but at the beginning, it was not supposed to be a 2nd season, that's why the storyline is not respected) so I don't try to compare the drama with the manga anymore, let it be a surprise!

Then I just can't wait to see Ikuta Toma, one of my favorite dorama-actor to interprete Oribe Junpei! What will be the reaction of Domiouji? I guess he'll be mad, as ever lol

OMG please TBS, give us more scenes with Makino and Domyouji alone! they confess their love at the end of the first season, but I hope Tsukasa will be more cheerful withhis beloved Makino!

add on Shigeru, there 'll be a total mess with relashionships between all of them.

I want Domyoji to be with Makino, but sometimes I find Rui so hot!! :wub:

so so, I'm going to do sport while waiting for the "sacred day" (5 january lol) or I'm gonna explode! lol

ps: excuse my mistakes, I'm french (no, I'm not a "Domyouji who can't speak properly" ^^)

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 2nd, '07, 20:46

Tsukasa's Japanese mistakes were hilarious. "Wrap her in seaweed." rofl XD But yeah, he was so mean to Makino, even after he confessed his love! Like when she was training for that contest he was completely bashing her. I sat there like,"O.O HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?!"

anva91

Post by anva91 » Jan 2nd, '07, 20:53

mandy2005 wrote:
anva91 wrote:

I watched the drama before reading the manga. My first impression of Rui was like, "wow, what a cutie" . I used to like Rui a lot, maybe even more than Tsukasa. But I started liking Tsukasa more after reading the manga, just heads over heels with him
:wub: But you're right, its hard to choose between the F4, they are all SOOOO COOOL.

If you hven't read the manga, I suggest you do, the manga just gets juicier from vol 21+++
, you even got to see steamy scene between Tsukasa and Makino too :wub: :lol
lol...well im not REALLLY into mangas..i read the 1st volume a while back and it just didnt grab my attention..and honestly i just HATE how tsukasa looks like "manga version"..him in live action dramas (including mg) and the anime are TONS better

plus im hoping hana yori dango 2 will follow the manga unlike mg2 :mrgreen:

but yea rui is DEFINETLY a cute one :thumright:

Myrdhinn

Post by Myrdhinn » Jan 2nd, '07, 21:40

I've read the 36 volumes in 2 nights lol !! (when you begin this kind of shojo, you just can't stop 'till knowing the end)

that's right, the first volumes of HYD (manga) are ugly, but the design is much more better if you can bear to read the first 11 volumes (yes I know it's hard) but what interest is there to read the manga?

1) to understand the story in details
2) to discover the characters who will play in the next season^^ (well, it's a bit late now but I've read the manga after finishing the drama because I couldn't wait the second season and I don't regret it)

so please bear with it, you will not be deceived, because the author has a lot and a lot of humour! (although it's a bit hard to face Domyouji and Makino's design at the beginning)

plus! I've read it in english while it's not my mother tongue,so it prove's how this manga is interesting lol !!!

AR_TRA

Post by AR_TRA » Jan 2nd, '07, 21:58

prismatic_star wrote:Odd question:

When will HYD 2 start airing?
5th Jan,

w000000000000000000000w only 2 more days :wub: :wub: :w00t: :w00t:

am soooo exating >> can't wait more :cry:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jan 2nd, '07, 22:01

:lol ....

btw: HDY 2 doesn't start airing yet and there are already 29 sites :lol

... can't wait to see it, too :mrgreen: :wub:

anva91

Post by anva91 » Jan 2nd, '07, 22:24

Myrdhinn wrote:I've read the 36 volumes in 2 nights lol !! (when you begin this kind of shojo, you just can't stop 'till knowing the end)

that's right, the first volumes of HYD (manga) are ugly, but the design is much more better if you can bear to read the first 11 volumes (yes I know it's hard) but what interest is there to read the manga?

2) to discover the characters who will play in the next season^^ (well, it's a bit late now but I've read the manga after finishing the drama because I couldn't wait the second season and I don't regret it)

so please bear with it, you will not be deceived, because the author has a lot and a lot of humour! (although it's a bit hard to face Domyouji and Makino's design at the beginning)

plus! I've read it in english while it's not my mother tongue,so it prove's how this manga is interesting lol !!!

lol...thnx for that description....i think ill try it.... because just as you i CANT wait for the live action..and theres no proof its gonna be based of the manga

=]

bewitched1101

Can't wait!!!!!

Post by bewitched1101 » Jan 3rd, '07, 01:28

That's awesome it comes out on the 5th!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE this drama!!!! BUT.....when does it come out with subtitles???? As much as I wish I could watch the RAW eps. sadly I can't yet hehe. Gosh, I know I'm not the only one to ask this question....but I don't want to read all 30 pages of this discussion. lol :D THANKS!!!!

marie_23

Re: Can't wait!!!!!

Post by marie_23 » Jan 3rd, '07, 01:37

bewitched1101 wrote:That's awesome it comes out on the 5th!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE this drama!!!! BUT.....when does it come out with subtitles???? As much as I wish I could watch the RAW eps. sadly I can't yet hehe. Gosh, I know I'm not the only one to ask this question....but I don't want to read all 30 pages of this discussion. lol :D THANKS!!!!
I think I remember reading that the subs can take up to three days at the least...I'm not really sure though...But I do know if you search around right after the Jan 5th many fans of HYD will have the raws up for download... :-) Hope that helped!

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Jan 3rd, '07, 02:38

anva91 wrote:
Myrdhinn wrote:I've read the 36 volumes in 2 nights lol !! (when you begin this kind of shojo, you just can't stop 'till knowing the end)

lol...thnx for that description....i think ill try it.... because just as you i CANT wait for the live action..and theres no proof its gonna be based of the manga

=]
:D I have to admit that if I hadn't read the other later vols first, i don't think vol 1 would grasp my attention at all. I think the manga starts getting really good from vol 11 onwards, you'll see more interactions between makino and doumyoji, very romantic and also hilarious. I've read vol 11-36 5 or 6 times already in just 3 days, so yeah, its good :D

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Jan 3rd, '07, 09:13

Does anyone know what's the time difference between the US, like NY area, and Japan ?

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jan 3rd, '07, 15:28

anyone subbing the second season?? :D

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 3rd, '07, 15:40

furransu wrote:anyone subbing the second season?? :D
Yes, someone is subbing Hana Yori Dango 2 ...

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 3rd, '07, 15:42

mandy2005 wrote:Does anyone know what's the time difference between the US, like NY area, and Japan ?
I think you can use this to check on different world times it works for me the link is below http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 3rd, '07, 19:08

I know ive asked it alot, but could said subbing group give an estimate of how long it will take as im rather clueless. :-) also, will the "raw" be uploaded on d-addicts for easy download? itll take ages....... :| how about you tube or crunchyroll? id have thought the forum will be going pages per second when its aired, and especially when its over, so i hope it wont be too easy to find :|

MomoNeko

Post by MomoNeko » Jan 3rd, '07, 19:30

OMG!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! I want more Rui and Tsukasa XD~~

remoted

Post by remoted » Jan 3rd, '07, 19:34

sambuk wrote:I know ive asked it alot, but could said subbing group give an estimate of how long it will take as im rather clueless. :-) also, will the "raw" be uploaded on d-addicts for easy download? itll take ages....... :| how about you tube or crunchyroll? id have thought the forum will be going pages per second when its aired, and especially when its over, so i hope it wont be too easy to find :|
Well, it really depends on the schedule of the subbing group. Most attend college, so it can take up to 1-2 to weeks for hardsubbed. I think it's a little faster with soft subs. (Didn't I answer this question before?) The raw will be uploaded on d-addicts, and you can download it by torrrent. Yes, that can take long. But it takes too much bandwidth for a direct download. If you're having trouble for fast downloading with a torrent client, check the forum faq. And if you wait for it to be uploaded on youtube, it can usually take a day. The person has to cut the episode in parts, save it, and upload it for hours. That can be very time consuming. I don't really get your last sentence...so I don't know how to answer that....So please be patient, everyone has to wait.

F4

Post by F4 » Jan 3rd, '07, 19:35

marie_23 wrote:
mandy2005 wrote:Does anyone know what's the time difference between the US, like NY area, and Japan ?
I think you can use this to check on different world times it works for me the link is below http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
it is about 15 hours btw Tokyo and NY :-)

By the way, the time is different btw the states themselves within the UAS...So it is exactly 15 hours btw NY and Japan

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Jan 3rd, '07, 19:51

F4 wrote:
marie_23 wrote:

By the way, the time is different btw the states themselves within the UAS...So it is exactly 15 hours btw NY and Japan
It is 14 hours difference between Tokyo and NYC. It will be 13 hours in the Spring after the time change.

F4

Post by F4 » Jan 3rd, '07, 20:08

kht2015 wrote:
F4 wrote:
marie_23 wrote:

It is 14 hours difference between Tokyo and NYC. It will be 13 hours in the Spring after the time change.
i have calculated it :unsure:
Maybe u r right :-)

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Jan 3rd, '07, 20:20

F4 wrote:
kht2015 wrote:
F4 wrote:

So the US is behind or before Jap time?

F4

Post by F4 » Jan 3rd, '07, 20:23

mandy2005 wrote:
F4 wrote:
kht2015 wrote:
So the US is behind or before Jap time?
it is behind cuz japan is in the east :-)